New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Echoes of Strange Aeons - In Search of Sanity I [IC]

Annika stops at the precipice before the rain, noting the discomfort of the man who went barreling out first. As she looks up at the roiling clouds she absentmindedly wonders, "where's my hat when I need it?"

"Unnatural rains; this seems real, seems material, but there's another influence at work," the grasping threads in her mind seem so close to an epiphany, and utters arcane words of guidance under her breath, "it's all bleeding through," slowly thoughts rise like bubbles in her mind, before percolating and blossoming into realization. She winces, not for the arrival of the memory, but the feeling of falling over into a void as she tries to draw upon associated memories and context that are no longer there. The unpleasant sensation passes, and with it she is faced with the implications of the situation, "ah, dretch dung," she whispers under her breath, "this is bad news all around, and not a storm any of us want to get caught up in,"

She turns to Gerard, "you, you're already in the rain, and armored, and pretty strong, so go see if that door opens, and if it doesn't make it," though the young woman attempts to maintain a commanding voice, the occasional waver in her tone betrays the underlying fear of what might lurk here, "everyone else get ready to make a run for it if it's clear. We do not want to be out there longer than we need to be,"

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

The juggler prods at the inside of his brain for a moment, but nothing telling about this probably unnatural rain surfaces. Shrugging, he agilely squirms his way into the doorway to look at this door that has been brought up.

”Actually, why don’t you let me?” he inquires, holding up his shiny key. ”I might have the key to that problem right here,” he jokes, and pantomimes unlocking the door from his safely sheltered location, hoping it will open in much the same manner as the other one had.

This is downright convenient, should you ask him!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Darman paused, staring at the rain; it seemed perfectly normal, somehow, though there was a nagging sense that perhaps it shouldn't.

"That another one of your metaphors, lady?" the handsome man asked, still with lips pursed at that weird doll around her neck. That was about as offputting as anything else in this place so far. "I'm pretty sure dung would be a little more solid, somehow. And I don't see anything flying around dumping it out."

"Old man, you think you can get the door if Twinkles here can't do ... whatever he's doing to get those doors open? If you can't, stand aside. I'll take a run at it, if you want."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

The bowman reached out into the wetness of the night, quickly reeling his hand back as the hot rain shocked his senses. This reaction was only emphasized by a quick "pu!" as he did so. As the group assaulted the door, he found himself more concerned about the presence implied by the witch.

"Black hair, what do you mean? Is there something in the sky? In this rain?"

He gazed into the darkness in an attempt to see anything that might peer back at him. He only hoped whatever it might've been would stay to the shadows, beyond even his sight.

Spoiler: Perception Check
    Show
    (1d20+11)[31]
    ~ Piccadilly Pineapple

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

The old man suppresses a growl as everyone calls him old man and presumes to order him about like he was their servant.
    He was not, and he was not that old . . . was he?
    Hard to tell without being able to look into a mirror, he supposed - maybe they had a point there.

They also, despite the commanding tone, had a point about the door across this small courtyard - it seemed that they still only had one way to go forward here, and staying out in this unpleasant rain was not an option.
    Only one thing for it, then.

After taking another quick look around at his surroundings to comfort himself that there was nowhere for the freak to be hiding up here - including a risky look up at the rainy sky - the man moves at a run over to the door, shoving it open if this magical key of his companion isn't enough to open it. And failing his shoulder, the blade would be employed.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Quick Perception check on his surroundings - (1d20+6)[9]

Next "round" - Moving to the door at a Run

"Round" after that - STR check if necessary to open the door - (1d20+3)[5]
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

Threads I'm currently DMing:

Threads I have successfully completed:

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

The young girl ignores the others and turns to the half-orc, and answers his question with one word, "nightmares," she says, then a moment later clarifies, "literally, nightmares," she prepares to make a dash for the door the moment it opens.