New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Ducktales (2017) part 2 "Let's Get Dangerous"

I guess that means that Kit is the Pope?
    'F' is the fire that rains from the Sky
    'U' for Uranium, BOMB!
    'N' is for No Survivors...

2. - Top - End - #32

Well, if they have a Pope in Duckworld...

3. - Top - End - #33

I never thought they'd make me feel sorry for Majicka de Spell.

And now we see where Louie gets his be-a-jerk-and-dodge-blame streak from. It was still funny watching him freak out when the prosecutor was wheeled in--he knew what was up.

4. - Top - End - #34

GreenSorcererElf

Why would you feel sorry for Majicka? They were both horrible people.
    'U' for Uranium, BOMB!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Colossus in the Playground

Yeah, no sorry feelings here.

No actual crimes from the comics mentioned, but then, those were never going to be PG.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by brionl View Post
    Why would you feel sorry for Majicka? They were both horrible people.
    True, but she spent years trying to find her brother to undo the damage. When has Scrooge ever done that? By his own admission, he exploited the villagers worse than the De Spells did. This is the Bombi all over again--instead of trying to learn humility, he baited it to an isolated island and imprisoned it for decades.

This episode may be as close as the show will come to admitting the point made repeatedly in the comics: Scrooge is a greedy ******* and not any kind of hero.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    True, but she spent years trying to find her brother to undo the damage. When has Scrooge ever done that?
    Didn't we hear back in season 1 that when Della lost herself in space he almost bankrupted himself (not that easy when you're the richest in the world) doing everything to find her and distanced himself from others due to the loss?

And that wasn't even his fault really - sure, he built a rocket. He didn't make Della fly when she did, nor did he have a hand in that cosmic storm appearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

8. - Top - End - #38

He enabled her by building the rocket in the first place. He knew she wouldn't leave well enough alone, wouldn't wait for the rocket to be tested, wouldn't think about the fact she was days from being a mother. Him running a search later is locking the barn door after the horse has escaped, joined the cavalry and participated in a couple wars.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

He enabled her by building the rocket in the first place. He knew she wouldn't leave well enough alone, wouldn't wait for the rocket to be tested, wouldn't think about the fact she was days from being a mother. Him running a search later is locking the barn door after the horse has escaped, joined the cavalry and participated in a couple wars.
    That's entirely unfair.

Scrooge didn't tell Della about the Spear of Selene. He was planning to give it to her as a present after the boys were born, which would also be after it was fully tested and ready. Della discovered it early while she was poking around and unilaterally made the decision to be the one to do the testing before her eggs hatched.

More on-topic, yes, the point of the episode was that Scrooge may not have been responsible for those three villains, but he went too far because while he's not precisely a bad person, he loves to win and he hates to be cheated. He didn't owe Magica and Poe anything, he didn't owe the Beagles or Glomgold anything, and in all three cases he was dealing with career villains who put themselves in their situation and refused to learn anything from their losses. But at the same time, he could have tried to make things better, and he never did. He just pushed it into the "not my problem" pile and left it alone.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

By that logic if your kid steals the key to your car and has an accident, it is entirely your fault, since you enabled him by buying the car.

11. - Top - End - #41

There is a significant difference between owning a car and building an experimental rocket, even before you get to the small detail that every time we see Young Della she has zero concept of boundaries or even 'not yours, don't touch'.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

The fault still lies with Della. By your logic Scrooge (anyone in the McDuck family really) couldn't build/own/develop/sell anything that could be dangerous (in whatever way) because Della might have hijacked it and get herself hurt.

13. - Top - End - #43

Oh, I blame Della as well. She really should have learned not to touch other people's stuff at some point. But Scrooge took a dumb and unnecessary risk in deciding to build the rocket, in building it then, and in trying to keep it a secret.

And when the inevitable happened, Scrooge apparently decided to duck the blame and Donald showed himself to be the only grown up in the family by doing his utmost to raise his nephews safely.

14. - Top - End - #44

GreenSorcererElf

Well, I guess if there has to be a last episode this was a pretty good one.

I had always mildly wondered about Webby's parents, but I wasn't expecting
    Spoiler
    Show

Clone of Scrooge! I was thinking more along the line of clone of Agent 22 when that part was revealed.
    'U' for Uranium, BOMB!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by brionl View Post
    Well, I guess if there has to be a last episode this was a pretty good one.

I had always mildly wondered about Webby's parents, but I wasn't expecting
    Spoiler
    Show

Clone of Scrooge! I was thinking more along the line of clone of Agent 22 when that part was revealed.
    What?

Spoiler: The Finale
    Show

They did an Amanda Waller on Batman Beyond?
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: GIANT HUGE FINALE SPOILER DISCUSSION STUFF DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT GIANT HUGE SPOILERS. LEGIT WARNING HERE.
    Show

Sorta pulled an Amanda Waller.
    Spoiler: LAST WARNING
    Show

Bradford knew he couldn't really beat Scrooge legitimately or underhandedly. Scrooge is too cunning for the latter and has too many resources for the former. So he decided to do so legally.

Since he knew of the Papyrus of Binding from his time working under Mcduck was the only thing that could cosmically stop Scrooge from adventuring and throwing Chaos onto the world (or throwing the world into chaos, either or really), but needed the heir of McDuck (who currently had none) to find it due to Scrooge's previous engagement with the Papyrus he decided to simply make his own heir, Webby, at the time called "April".

He didn't expect Beakley to break in and escape with the baby clone. Beakley then went to work for Scrooge as it's the safest place for this smol babby to be: under the vast wealth and security of McDuck manor and flanked by both a top adventurer and a top secret agent.

She just never told Scrooge the truth about Webby.

This is why even if Bradford located the Papyrus, he couldn't take it... until he captured Webby and put juuuuust enough doubt in her mind to take advantage of her to unknowingly get the Papyrus for him, letting him finish writing his hundred page adamantine-clad contract to cosmically force Scrooge to never adventure again.

Of course the contract was nullified because "Family is the greatest adventure of all" so by keeping Scrooge with his family, and unable to adventure, but family is an adventure... poof! Yes it's a cheesy loophole and quick problem fix, but I love it and somewhere in the cold dark cockles of my heart i'm a sucker for the power of family/love/nakama, and since this line was repeatedly said in the past it does kinda work.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by oxybe View Post
    Spoiler: GIANT HUGE FINALE SPOILER DISCUSSION STUFF DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT GIANT HUGE SPOILERS. LEGIT WARNING HERE.
    Show

Sorta pulled an Amanda Waller.
    Spoiler: LAST WARNING
    Show

Bradford knew he couldn't really beat Scrooge legitimately or underhandedly. Scrooge is too cunning for the latter and has too many resources for the former. So he decided to do so legally.

Since he knew of the Papyrus of Binding from his time working under Mcduck was the only thing that could cosmically stop Scrooge from adventuring and throwing Chaos onto the world (or throwing the world into chaos, either or really), but needed the heir of McDuck (who currently had none) to find it due to Scrooge's previous engagement with the Papyrus he decided to simply make his own heir, Webby, at the time called "April".

He didn't expect Beakley to break in and escape with the baby clone. Beakley then went to work for Scrooge as it's the safest place for this smol babby to be: under the vast wealth and security of McDuck manor and flanked by both a top adventurer and a top secret agent.

She just never told Scrooge the truth about Webby.

This is why even if Bradford located the Papyrus, he couldn't take it... until he captured Webby and put juuuuust enough doubt in her mind to take advantage of her to unknowingly get the Papyrus for him, letting him finish writing his hundred page adamantine-clad contract to cosmically force Scrooge to never adventure again.

Of course the contract was nullified because "Family is the greatest adventure of all" so by keeping Scrooge with his family, and unable to adventure, but family is an adventure... poof! Yes it's a cheesy loophole and quick problem fix, but I love it and somewhere in the cold dark cockles of my heart i'm a sucker for the power of family/love/nakama, and since this line was repeatedly said in the past it does kinda work.
    Spoiler: More Giant Finale Spoilers
    Show
    The irony is that even though Bradford was obsessed with Webby as the "only one" who could do this because she was a clone, it clearly wouldn't have worked. May and June explicitly weren't able to get the Papyrus, even though they were also clones of Webby. I'm pretty sure it was Scrooge accepting Webby as part of his family that made her qualify as a descendent, which wouldn't have happened if Beakly hadn't stolen her away.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Spoiler: More Giant Finale Spoilers
    Show
    The irony is that even though Bradford was obsessed with Webby as the "only one" who could do this because she was a clone, it clearly wouldn't have worked. May and June explicitly weren't able to get the Papyrus, even though they were also clones of Webby. I'm pretty sure it was Scrooge accepting Webby as part of his family that made her qualify as a descendent, which wouldn't have happened if Beakly hadn't stolen her away.
    Spoiler: more spoiler
    Show
    I would not be surprised if you hit it on the head. Familial ties extending beyond blood lineage is a big deal in the 2017 reboot.

19. - Top - End - #49

Spoiler
    Show
    Webby is essentially Scrooge's biological daughter or else his opposite sex clone depending on what exactly FOWL's scientists did to create her.

This is to say, she is both Scrooge's most direct offspring and another version of himself.

Webby is an acknowledged member of Scrooge's family and is loved as such, even before the revelation of their being blood-related: I wouldn't be surprised if Scrooge didn't have something put aside in his will for Webby and Beakly even before the series started, seeing as Beakley's been with him forever and Webby's been living in his house her whole life.

Webby very clearly takes after Scrooge in terms of ambition and lust for adventure as well as being inexplicably badass beyond what is reasonable based on the conceits of their universe.

Of course, it only works for her. Scrooge's "True Heir" was needed.

Webby fits every checkmark for being someone's heir.

And honestly, who else would Scrooge McDuck trust to carry on when he's gone but a younger version of himself?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #50

Welp, Bradford should have won this one. Victory by quippy catchphrase.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

21. - Top - End - #51
    Firbolg in the Playground

The Keith David cameo was amazing.

Well worth the watch. Lets do this again in thirty years!
    Looking for feedback on Heart of Darkness, a character driven RPG of Gothic fantasy.