New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Pissed at the Gods

I'm playing a character that is hellbent on slaying all undead, but in the most recent session he had a run in with the ruby witch. This made him realise how often the gods and goddesses have been pulling him and his party into their affairs. He essentially went off on her and now he has a chain around his neck placed by the witch that disconnects him from the gods so there goes about half of my power. What I need is some good classes that are god haters. I'm asking here because in my knowledge of the 3.5 classes there isn't something along those lines, but I figiured I should ask here in the case that Iissed something. Homebrew may be accepted if it's not broken. Though I would prefer not homebrew if at all possible. Currently the character is 3 knight/ 8 paladin/2 cleric/2 hell reaver/1 ranger/4 Hunter of the Fallen. Str 16 Dex 16 Con 22 Int 7 Wis 18 Cha 26. He is a human. I appreciate any help you all can provide. Thank you in advance.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Pissed at the Gods

Well, there's ur-priest. You can't get much more god-hating than that. It's also a pretty solid class, just generally not when taken at level 20. If you can retraining your cleric and paladin levels to ur-priest you'll be a fairly solid caster though.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Athar (Dragon #287): by the Athar philosophy, gods and goddesses aren't real deities - but impostors
    At least one "real deity" still exist - Athar call them "the Great Unknown", because nothing is known about this deity except for the fact it really exists
    From the 3rd level of the class, you will regain your divine spellcasting (now supplied by the Great Unknown) and get +1 CL progression on that and all the subsequent levels

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

The issue here is that, if gods are directly getting involved with you and keeping tabs with you, there's not REALLY much you can do about it yourself. To be able to avoid gods, you basically need a god of your own with an equal or higher divine rank than the others to shield you, or else become a god-blooded of vecna, though that still leaves you on vecna's radar. Even the elder evil NPCs with the anathema aura or whatever have their elder evils protecting them.
    World of Madius wiki - My personal campaign setting, including my homebrew Optional Gestalt/LA rules.
    The new Quick Vestige List

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Playing a wizard the way GitP says wizards should be played requires the equivalent time and effort investment of a university minor. Do you really want to go down this rabbit hole, or are you comfortable with just throwing a souped-up Orb of Fire at the thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Humans are rarely truly irrational, just wrong.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShurikVch View Post
    Athar (Dragon #287): by the Athar philosophy, gods and goddesses aren't real deities - but impostors
    At least one "real deity" still exist - Athar call them "the Great Unknown", because nothing is known about this deity except for the fact it really exists
    From the 3rd level of the class, you will regain your divine spellcasting (now supplied by the Great Unknown) and get +1 CL progression on that and all the subsequent levels
    Along the same lines (also part of the Athar philosophy) is the Defiant PrC (Planar Handbook); I don’t know that it’s any kind of powerhouse mechanically, but definitely fits thematically and lets you cash in those ex-cleric levels....

6. - Top - End - #6

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

You've all been incredibly helpful. Thank you. I've decided on ur priest cause it seems to be pretty much exactly what I'm going for. Again thank you all.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Call Me 0RE0 View Post
    You've all been incredibly helpful. Thank you. I've decided on ur priest cause it seems to be pretty much exactly what I'm going for. Again thank you all.
    You could also just go for archivist and fluff it as usurping the knowledge and power of the gods. Some gods such as Vecna may even look favorably on such behavior.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Where is Hunter of the Fallen from?