So I saw videos of this new Civ-like game that will release in April 2021: Humankind.

The base ruleset seems to be based on the Endless Legend model of city buildings, with urban sprawls expanding and conquering territorial resources in a set geographical location, managing between Income, Production, Food and Research.

What really interests me is the devs' change of paradigm regarding how they treat various cultures and civilisations. In this game, you dont stick with the same civ name during all eras (no more Bronze Age Americans, or Nuclear Age Chartagenians). Instead, you start with a culture from the appropriate age, which then evolves and transforms into a new society at other ages.

So far, I have only seen the following factions of the first era:

Nubia
Zhou Dynasty
Hittites

I have seen how the Devs will implement culture and religion yet.

The other big change compared to civ is the adoption of the Endless Legend model of combat dynamism. Where fights happens in a tactical space that reflects the map around the flight's location, and a maximum number of rounds happen for each strategic rounds.

I am really looking forward for that one. I know one of my favourite perk of Endless Legend is the city building, and this game looks as interesting.