New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: New Unearthed Arcana 10/26/2020

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    I'm just conscious of it because I'm juggling ideas on a grappler build that uses Rogue and Ranger, and I'm debating my exact mix of levels (especially the first three, as the game it's for starts at 3). So the fact that I have zero interest in rushing to Rogue 5 made me feel the need to bring this up. (Specifically, Gloomstalker Ranger to try to get a second attack reasonbly early while still getting Expertise and maybe Cunning Action.)
    Have you considered throwing some Battle Rager Barbarian in there? They're pretty great grapplers and give your a bonus action attack entirely independent of the attack action.
    For D&D 5e Builds, Tips, News and more see our Youtube Channel Dork Forge

Feel free to message for any build requests or challenges

2. - Top - End - #212
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dork_Forge View Post
    Have you considered throwing some Battle Rager Barbarian in there? They're pretty great grapplers and give your a bonus action attack entirely independent of the attack action.
    The race is a unique one for the setting, and works best unarmored since it has chameleon skin. (Think Ursela from Little Mermaid, with octopus color-changing.) So no armor. I had considered barbarian, but the race comes with most of what I'd get for grappling from it. (Not the spiked armor, though.) Might work well in a different race, though!

What I'm thinking gloomstalker for primarily is the opening round extra attack. Might go for 5 ranger after getting at least 2 levels of rogue, though. Grapple, shove, and all's good.

Basic concept is "horror monster." Hides and pulls people into the dark to disappear.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    The race is a unique one for the setting, and works best unarmored since it has chameleon skin. (Think Ursela from Little Mermaid, with octopus color-changing.) So no armor. I had considered barbarian, but the race comes with most of what I'd get for grappling from it. (Not the spiked armor, though.) Might work well in a different race, though!

What I'm thinking gloomstalker for primarily is the opening round extra attack. Might go for 5 ranger after getting at least 2 levels of rogue, though. Grapple, shove, and all's good.

Basic concept is "horror monster." Hides and pulls people into the dark to disappear.
    Barbarian might help the horror monster concept, for their capacity to take an absurd ammount of punishment if the victims ever manage to fight back.

Not to mention Reckless Attack + Sneak Attack is vicious.