Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 307
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Inspecting the lean-to you find no tracks as they were probably washed away by the storm. It looks like some parts of it are several years old but there are some recent additions that could have been added yesterday.

    The night is uneventful. However, in the morning you finish off the last of the food that you were carrying.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    "We should be arriving today- the expected trip was of three days, so unless we lost an horrible amount of time we should be close" Serenity mused "Still, unless we are offered a safe trip back we should hunt for the road back home"

    Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Serenity will be scouting ahead and help out hunting if something passes by.

    (1d20+4)[20] Perception
    (1d20+4)[16] Survival


    She's not actually trying to sneak around because she doesn't want to slow down the group.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Nothing currently recruiting.


  3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Zale Akai
    Quickling Hexblade 1
    AC: 14 HP: 10/10
    Spell Slots: 1 / 1
    PP: 14 PInv: 11 PIns: 12
    Conditions: none


    Zale prepares to walk for the day, gathering his shield and the rope.

    "Yes. Let's get going. Hopefully we find the temple today."

    He again walks a little in front of everyone else, ready to shoot any potential dinner.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Survival (1d20+2)[18]


  4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthewizard View Post
    "Yes. Let's get going. Hopefully we find the temple today."

    He again walks a little in front of everyone else, ready to shoot any potential dinner.
    Toru adds, "Surely, how much farther can it be? But yes, let's keep an eye out for food." He follows Zale and scans the mountain rocks carefully as they go.

    Spoiler: Survival
    Show
    (1d20+4)[6]
    "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." - Salvor Hardin

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    As you ascend higher the forest thins until it gives way to steep grasslands and the towering rock that is the side of a mountain. You pick up the trail of several ibex and follow the tracks to find them. There are large rocks, shrubs, and the occasional tree dotting the area, they are grazing a few hundred feet away.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Zale Akai
    Quickling Hexblade 1
    AC: 14 HP: 10/10
    Spell Slots: 1 / 1
    PP: 14 PInv: 11 PIns: 12
    Conditions: none


    Zale whispers to the others,

    "Let's see if we can get one. If we smoke one of these, we won't have to worry about food for a week."

    He tries to sneak to within 90' of the herd. If can get that close, he casts hex on a baby Ibex and attacks with his Eldritch blast. If he gets to 150' and they spook before he can get to 90', he'll attack without using hex.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Stealth (1d20+4)[21]

    Eldritch Blast (1d20+5)[9] for (1d10)[8] plus hex (1d6)[6]


  7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    "With you" Serenity followed Zale, doffing her shield to wield her bow. She redied her arrow and waited for Zale's signal (or shot if the ibexes looked about to run).

    Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Stealth (1d20+5)[19]

    To hit (1d20+5)[21] advantage if applicable (from surprise) (1d20+5)[24]

    Damage (1d8+3)[10] EDIT: +2 damage because beasts are her favored enemy.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-03-01 at 04:35 AM.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Nothing currently recruiting.


  8. - Top - End - #218
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Zale's blast grazes an older buck then Serenity lands a clean shot through the neck. It drops to the ground before it knows what hit it. The rest of the herd run off.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I rolled again for Zale, advantage from stealth.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Zale Akai
    Quickling Hexblade 1
    AC: 14 HP: 10/10
    Spell Slots: 1 / 1
    PP: 14 PInv: 11 PIns: 12
    Conditions: none


    Zale goes up to the carcass and starts to butcher it.

    "We don't need the whole thing, but let's take the good parts to smoke tonight. We can eat the liver now since we're hungry."

    Once everyone has enough of the meat for 5-6 days worth of food, he recommends we leave the rest and get on our way, moving while we still have light and then setting up camp and cooking or smoking the rest of the meat.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show



  10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    "That looks wise" Serenity nodded, proceeding to help make ractions for everybody.
    "Since we are going to run out of trees soon should we stay here where we can make a campfire and start again tomorrow morning?"
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Nothing currently recruiting.


  11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Toru helps with the cleaning and smoking, but then strolls in a little circle around the area, looking for any interesting or useful-looking materials.

    Additionally, he'll examine what's left of the ibex with similar motivation. He studies the pelt and horns, awaiting some inspiration.

    Toru replies to Serenity, "Well, on the one hand, we're not too far now, so a day resting sounds good. There's plenty of places up among the rocks in the mountains that are sheltered, though, whether caves or just overhangs. My people used to live up there and it's not all bad."

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    "Well, if you say so- let's keep plenty of firewood, though" Serenity said, unsure if that made sense- she wasn't accustomed to mountains after all.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Nothing currently recruiting.


  13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Zale Akai
    Quickling Hexblade 1
    AC: 14 HP: 10/10
    Spell Slots: 1 / 1
    PP: 14 PInv: 11 PIns: 12
    Conditions: none


    Zale helps gather firewood and prepare the meat.

    "Let's eat what we can now and then smoke the rest. We'll need to keep watch tonight to make sure those thief raccoons don't steal our food again."
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show



  14. - Top - End - #224
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    While looking for a place to set up camp you find some miner's lettuce and mushrooms.

    ---

    In the afternoon a man stumbles into your camp. His cloths are in tatters, and he does not have any equipment or weapons. This is not one of the participants of the Aníforos, and you do not recognize him. "Help, they are trying to kill me."

    Spoiler: Intelligence or Wisdom DC 8
    Show
    You are deep in the mountains, on a peninsula, that is controlled entirely by the Tylosian people, it would be rather unusual for some random person to be here.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzarra View Post
    "Help, they are trying to kill me."

    Spoiler: Intelligence or Wisdom DC 8
    Show
    You are deep in the mountains, on a peninsula, that is controlled entirely by the Tylosian people, it would be rather unusual for some random person to be here.
    Toru says, "Who is trying to kill you? We are but simple initiates, without much in the way of defenses, so I'm not sure we'd be much use to you. My name is Toru. Who are you?" He seems surprised, and defaulting to a much more naive tone, as if he was meeting a new teacher at school back in town and not some stranger in the mountains.

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Zale Akai
    Quickling Hexblade 1
    AC: 14 HP: 10/10
    Spell Slots: 1 / 1
    PP: 14 PInv: 11 PIns: 12
    Conditions: none


    Toru said most everything that needed to be said, so Zale gathers his shield and moves to the opposite side of the clearing, preparing in case something follows the man. As he backs up, he thinks of one more question.

    "Are they following you right now?"
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Readies an eldritch blast.

    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2021-03-06 at 10:34 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Serenity put an arrow in the bow, standing up. She didn't let the man come near her.
    "Who? And who are you? And why?" she asked "This place is under our people's control- the chances of you being chased here by someone who is not a Tylosian is extremely unlikely. And the chance of one of us trying to hurt an innocent is even worst"
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Nothing currently recruiting.


  18. - Top - End - #228
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    As the man struggles to catch his breath so he can answer your questions two other people come into sight, an elf and a leonin. You have seen these two before, recognizing them as Tylosians, but do not know them by name. They are fully equipped and are apparently the ones pursuing this man. They are still a ways out and the old man does not appear to have noticed that they are this close.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Serenity kept her arrow aimed at the man, in case he tried to run. When the two were close enough she spoke up.
    "What did this man do? Why do you want to kill him?" she asked simply. It was against the code to ignore a plea for help, but those pursuing the man were Tylosians as well- they had to have a reason.

    Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    If they attack the man without explaining anything they get an arrow to the face.

    If the man tries to run away without an explanation he gets an arrow to the face.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Nothing currently recruiting.


  20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Zale Akai
    Quickling Hexblade 1
    AC: 14 HP: 10/10
    Spell Slots: 1 / 1
    PP: 14 PInv: 11 PIns: 12
    Conditions: none


    Zale waits for the man and his pursuers to answer the questions. He stays at the far end of the clearing ready to jump in if Serenity and Toru need him to fight.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Insight [roll]1d20+2z[/roll] (21 from discord roll thread. Accidentally added a z here)

    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2021-03-06 at 10:39 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Old man: "I am Virico. I am just a humble traveler, wandering from place to place to see the world I tell stories for money, room, board, and passage."

    When he sees the two pursuers approaching he tries to hide behind Toru.

    Elf: "This man has snuck into our lands and has stolen crops and livestock."

    Virico: "That is not true, I saw some hoodlums commit the crime and when I reported it to the town guard they accused me of falsehoods. I have been on the run ever since."

    The Leonin draws his sidearm, a short sword, and presents it hilt first for one of you to use "Take this and execute this man, if you do this you need not climb to the shrine to finish the Aníforos."

    Spoiler: Zale
    Show
    You think that none of these people are telling the truth. It is no that they are lying, more that they are acting.


    Spoiler: History DC 12
    Show
    You know of no instances where somebody has completed the Aníforos without making it to the shrine. Also death is an extremely unusual punishment for stealing food in this land.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Zale Akai
    Quickling Hexblade 1
    AC: 14 HP: 10/10
    Spell Slots: 1 / 1
    PP: 14 PInv: 11 PIns: 12
    Conditions: none


    Zale listens to all of the newcomers and does not believe any of them. Rather than call them on their deception, Zale plays along, answering as he would if he believed all of them.

    "We cannot let you kill a man for stealing food. Especially out here and with no proof. It is too harsh a punishment for someone who may merely be trying to feed their family. Mr. Virico, you are welcome to accompany us while we finish the Anifiros. While you are with us, you will have our protection."

    He turns back to the Leonin and the elf. "If he accompanies us to the finish, you can present your case to a judge there and try to prove your accusations. If he runs from us, it will show his guilt, and you can try to hunt him down."
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Persuasion (1d20+3)[13]


  23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Toru hefts his club and shakes his head. After Zale speaks, Toru adds simply, "What he said. We're all looking forward to getting back to our homes, so let's not do anything hasty. Let's head to the shrine as we planned - there aren't shortcuts to our task or yours."

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    "Agreed" Serenity sided with her two companions "And the two of you should be ashamed of yourself. Regardless of trying to get us out of our trial, killing someone for stealing some crops -or trying to- is unbelievable" she aimed her bow at the one holding the weapon "Put it back in its sheate"

    She kinda thought this was a set-up, everything being too convinient- but just in case she couldn't lower her guard.

    They were almost there anyway.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Nothing currently recruiting.


  25. - Top - End - #235
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    The man claiming to be Virico looses his stooping posture, an illusion is dispelled and the old age disappears. He smiles at all of you "Well done, you have passed this test. The shrine awaits."

    Pulling the scabbard for the short sword off his belt, the Leonin sheaths the sword, and leans it against a tree for you to have.

    They bid you farewell and begin to set out.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Toru's mouth gapes for a long moment, since he'd totally been taken in by the men. "Test?!? I'm glad we decided not to just kill him! Ha!"

    Toru takes a look at the scabbard and sword, giving them a heft. He turns to his companions, saying, "I hope this doesn't mean that they're expecting us to have to ACTUALLY fight something up ahead, though."

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Serenity lowered her bow.
    "Well, now I feel silly for chastizing them. It was a little too convinient but still"
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Nothing currently recruiting.


  28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Zale Akai
    Quickling Hexblade 1
    AC: 14 HP: 10/10
    Spell Slots: 1 / 1
    PP: 14 PInv: 11 PIns: 12
    Conditions: none


    Zale looks around in disbelief. This was a strange turn of events, but at least we passed their test. It seems risky on their part. What if we had just killed them instead?

    "One of you can have the sword. I mostly use my magic in combat."

    He then returns to tending the fires for smoking the meat. Once it is done, he will divide it so everyone has a week's worth of meat. If he had more time to smoke, the meat would last a month or more, but this field smoking should let the meat last a couple weeks, plenty of time for them to get to the shrine and return.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show



  29. - Top - End - #239
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    After scouting out a route up the mountain you settle down for the night. The air is cold making it a little difficult to sleep, but those that are on watch keep the fire going for warmth.

    In the morning you set out. The trail gains elevation quickly and towards midday you are passing patches of snow that are tucked away in the shade.

    Paths converge as you approach the shrine. Eventually you get to a stone bridge that spans a gap between two peaks, it is 60 ft [18 m] long and 10 ft [3 m] wide. On the other side there is a large pair of doors set into the stone with a large chest in front of them.

    Halfway along the bridge you see an open eye carved into the center of the bridge along with the word "Courage" on the left and "Discipline" on the right.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2019

    Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

    Zale Akai
    Quickling Hexblade 1
    AC: 14 HP: 10/10
    Spell Slots: 1 / 1
    PP: 14 PInv: 11 PIns: 12
    Conditions: none


    Zale continues to walk over the bridge, staying to the middle in an attempt to balance courage and discipline.

    "Let's get across quickly. I don't like being out in the open like this."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •