New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] Adventures of the Tylosians

Serenity nodded vehemently.
    "I'd rather ford where I'm just going to get soaked then pass where I could slip and fall into high waters carrying others with me" she offered, compromising with herself on the pros and cons.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    It is a DC 8 Athletics to climb the cliff to the top of the waterfall.
    If you do decide to cross on the log it is DC 10 Acrobatics, those that are not going first or last have advantage from the rope.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Toru ties the rope around himself and treads across. "If it'll take me, surely it'll be fine for y'all."
    Last edited by Archemist; 2020-12-05 at 01:55 AM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zale Akai
    Quickling Hexblade 1
    AC: 14 HP: 10/10
    Spell Slots: 1 / 1
    PP: 14 PInv: 11 PIns: 12
    Conditions: none

Zale ties the near end of the rope to a tree or large rock before Toru crosses the log.

"Everyone help hold the rope. If the big guy falls in we'll need to keep him from going downstream."

Once Toru is across and ties off the far end of the rope, Zale will let the others go first. After they have all gone, he ties the near end of the rope around his waste and crosses the log while the others pull the rope in as he goes.

Show
    Everyone else should get advantage on their acrobatics check

Acrobatics: (1d20+4)[8]

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Serenity gulped,watching the water flowing down.
    "Toru, I'm counting on you" she declared before daring to cross looking straight in front of her.
    ºIgnore the certain death Mauy. You can do it. Dooon't worryº

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Acrobatics with advantage, then.

(1d20+3)[8]
    [Roll]1d20+3[/rol]

EDIT: It's a 14.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-12-05 at 10:51 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Toru makes it across the log and secures the rope on the other side.

Serenity, Alara, and Hadwyn slip a few times but manage to hold on and make it across safely.

Lleu makes it easily, not even needing the rope.

Zale secures himself to the end of the rope and makes his way across. Shortly after passing the half way point he slips and falls into the water. He is sucked under and his shoulder slams against a rock beneath the surface. The others are quick to pull him up.

Alara takes a look at the injury. "Your shoulder is dislocated, this is going to hurt, brace yourself." She resets the bone in the socket and fashions a sling with a belt.

Show
    Zale takes 3 damage and has disadvantage on all rolls involving his right arm until he finishes a long rest.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Toru exclaims as Zale falls in, and immediately starts walking backwards and pulling on the rope. When Zale is out, Toru looks at the shoulder and says, "That's a bad one all right. But I'm glad you weren't swept away downstream. Come, let's get you dried off." A campfire springs into existence in a spot by the rocks.

Toru debates casting a healing spell on Zale but he waffles. "If we were back in town I'd say you should just go see Nioso, but ah well. Let me know if you want me to try my hand at it - I've only really used it for minor burns and cuts before."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zale Akai
    Quickling Hexblade 1
    AC: 14 HP: 7/10

After coming up with the foolproof plan, Zale is of course the fool that almost ruins the plan. He slips off the log after others had passed so gracefully. He fell into the water and was barely pulled out before drowning, but not before dislocating his shoulder. Alara puts it back in place with an excruciating pop. He whimpers little as he sits by the fire to dry off,

"Thanks, everyone. Let's get going. I'll manage ok for now. It's still warm out, so my clothes will dry in a few minutes."

Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2020-12-11 at 10:47 AM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Serenity tries to help out as she can, although she isn't very good at pulling people up. Nevertheless, she sighs in relief releasing the breath she hadn't known she was holding when Zale was finally alright. Kinda.

She was a bit concerned but still nodded.
    "If you are sure- the more distance we put between us and the river the happier I'll feel"

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

"Yeah, let's move. Hey, where'd Lleu go? I guess he must've run ahead. Well, we're all headed to the same place."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

You continue on climbing to the top of a hill between watershed valleys and break for lunch at the top where there is a nice view.
    Down at bottom of the next valley is a stream, crossing it will not be too much trouble but you see there is a rather young bear tearing at an old rotting stump on the other side.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zale Akai
    Quickling Hexblade 1

Zale enjoys the lunch break even though there isn't much food left. He looks down into the valley, happy to see that this stream should be easier to cross. He then sees the young bear.

"Well, should we kill that bear for food, knowing its mother might be close, or do we give it a wide berth?"

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthewizard View Post
    "Well, should we kill that bear for food, knowing its mother might be close, or do we give it a wide berth?"
    "I mean, I'm big, but even I don't have aspirations to eat an entire bear. Seems a bit of a shame if we waste it. But if we promised to put its hide to good use, maybe. Mom seems sure to be around, though," Toru concludes, looking around warily. "If we fight the one, we should be ready to fight both."

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

"Some of our group has left and one of us is wounded- I suggest we stay away" Serenity suggested "I'm sure we'll find some other dangerous animal to kill for food as we climb towards the peak- seems like a fitting Trial"

Show
    I asked this on Discord but didn't get an answer- how much food do we currently have in terms of days we can survive?

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zale Akai
    Quickling Hexblade 1

Since the others don't seem interested in killing the bear cub, Zale stays on the ridge, enjoying his lunch and giving the bear a wide berth.

"Let's stay here for a bit and see where it goes. Keep an eye out for its mother."

Show
    He'll use his hit die to recover his HP if we rested at lunch.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

While watching the bear is becomes apparent that it is digging after some ants.

Show
    If you decide to take a short rest for lunch Alara can apply a poultice to Zale's shoulder.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Serenity sat down, keeping the bear under watch with shield and weapon in hand- but otherwise kept her distance and rested.

Show
    I don't actually need a short rest but Zale will get better this way, and traveling with a fourth of the group suffering from disadvantage and wounded isn't ideal.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zale Akai
    Quickling Hexblade 1

Zale watches carefully while Alara applies the poultice. He is impressed with her skill, since this is not something he knows how to do.

"Thank you."

Once they have eaten and rested, he gets up with the others to continue the journey, avoiding the bear or whichever direction it had gone.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

After a little while the momma bear shows up and the two wander off into the forest.

As you press onwards the clouds overhead grow thicker and it begins to rain. By the look of things it will be poring by nightfall.

Show
    Reminder: the disadvantage from the injury lasts until you finish a long rest.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

"We should find or make shelter" Serenity suggested eyeing the tarp "Before it starts to rain seriously. Traveling at night while it rains and with a wounded seems... Unadvaisable" she set off to find a natural shelter or an ideal place to set up the waxed tarp. Or both.

Show
    Survival! (1d20+4)[11]

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    "We should find or make shelter" Serenity suggested eyeing the tarp "Before it starts to rain seriously. Traveling at night while it rains and with a wounded seems... Unadvaisable" she set off to find a natural shelter or an ideal place to set up the waxed tarp. Or both.

Show
    Survival! (1d20+4)[18]
    "Now that we had some practice yesterday, maybe our tarp-and-rope setup will work better this time, too." Toru sounds determined to make something work so that he stays dry. He helps Serenity look for a place that'd be suitable.

Spoiler: Survival, sure
    Show
    (1d20+4)[18]

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zale Akai
    Quickling Hexblade 1

His clothes having dried on the rest of the walk this afternoon, Zale isn't keen on getting wet again. He agrees with setting up camp, although he's not much help with his injured arm. He trusts the others get tarp right, hoping it holds up better than last night.

"Thank you, everyone."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

While you continue forward looking for a good place to set up camp Toru finds the entrance to a cave that was partially hidden by ferns.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zale Akai
    Quickling Hexblade 1
    Conditions: Right arm injured

A cave seems like a better place to sleep than under a sagging tarp... as long as it isn't already occupied.

"Nice find, Toru."

Zale looks around for tracks or any other signs that something else might have already claimed this cave.

Show
    Survival: (1d20+2)[21]

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthewizard View Post
    A cave seems like a better place to sleep than under a sagging tarp... as long as it isn't already occupied.

"Nice find, Toru."
    "Thanks. Let's see if it's drier in there." Toru pokes his nose in but is stymied a bit by the darkness. He tinkers briefly with his dagger and it shines a faint light, but mostly just lights up himself, so he puts it away again.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Serenity went and checked wordlessly wether the ferns had been placed to hide the cave or were naturally grown- and if they looked undisturbed since long.

Show
    Kinda pointless since we already got a 21 but anyway, Survival (1d20+4)[14]

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Zale finds evidence of some smaller wildlife heading into the cave, rodents and such, nothing big.

---

Serenity does not find anything suspicious about the fern placement, they are growing all over the place.

---

Inside there is roughly 12 feet (3.5 meters) in diameter. In the center is a circle of stones with some ashes, at least a year old, probably more.

In the back there is an opening that leads deeper underground.

Show
    Separate rolls for different applications of a skill are good.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zale Akai
    Quickling Hexblade 1
    Conditions: Right arm injured

Satisfied that there is no imminent danger in this cave, Zale starts to get set up for the night, helping cook any small game they've caught today, and making a place to sleep as comfortable as possible.

"The opening there is possibly concerning, but there are no tracks or signs it has been used, so I say we leave it alone, sleep here for the night, and move on at first light."

Zale takes his turn at watch for the night and keeps alert for danger whenever he is awake.

Show
    Perception: (1d20+4)[12]

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Toru will also take a watch, after eating some of the food with a bit of a grimace and another ritual purification.

Show
    Perception (1d20+2)[14]

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

"That would probably be for the best. It hardly has to do with our mission anyway- we could check it out on our way back, when we don't have a time limit anymore" Serenity proposed.

She helped Zale set up the cooking and the place to sleep, and took the third watch. It made sense for the more spell-oriented member of the group to take the last one.

Show
    The fact that there are tracks leading in an nothing leading out worries me.

Perception! (1d20+4)[5]