Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Total War Hanrui 3: The Final Hanrui IC

Clan Baem

Morale: 3

NPCs

Spoiler: the legion of balance
    Show
    Very well, can we take that to mean you have no objections against my claim, so long as your neighbours don't as well?

Peace and insight, Clan Baem.

Spoiler: ironhoof khanate
    Show
    Alright, do enjoy your piece of land and your solitude for as long as they last.

Backs built for carving, Clan Baem.

PCs

Spoiler: Elda Hafnar
    Show
    the reply comes through the same arrow, though clearly through magical aid seeing the distance it had to travel.

Mighty Hjordis ys Orvar, Captain of Khombriss Depths I personally applaud your wisdom sending the message from a distance, the clan has been... Tense about your people since our initial meeting. I proceed to the actual reply:

We wouldn't expect it to be that way, friends are strange to come by, take it from us who agree.

Oh, you do have bigger "ships" and tougher "soldiers" so feel free to claim ownership over as many waves as you want.

If you need help to chart your way around that realm we could use some strong hands to take the shallows.

-Calm lives, Clan Baem.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    offering some adv for mil 1:1, not for this turn though, just an open offer.

Spoiler: clockwork republic
    Show
    We should be able to continue such deals next season, as long as some of our neighbours keep a mind for business.

The trail will be blazed for your troops as one would say.

Always a pleasure, Clan Baem.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    adventurers are 100% locked down for that mission

Spoiler: the fae courts
    Show
    Spoiler: winter, Autumn, spring.
    Show
    A gift is sent to each of these courts in lieu of a message.

For spring an heirloom enchanted sword of excellent craft if clearly meant for ceremony.

For autumn some of the initial missives into ritualistic blood magic that lead to the all-chief, nowhere near the mark but insightful as Clan Baem are very knowledgeable on the subject.

For the court of winter they share some magical puzzle often created within Clan Baem, for sorcerer's to sorcerers, most of them of an elevated difficulty others children's pieces.

Spoiler: summer
    Show
    to the princess of scorching chains and those who lord over the summer court,

We did not expect to contact the famed courts with such a lack of patience but we need to inform you of the subject some would dance around.

Pathfinders have formed a way between those that terrorize the south and your new rightful lands, Clan Baem condems them and provided with the favour of the courts would do as they can to aid if they do attack.

May your path lead you sideways, Clan Baem.

Spoiler: the crystalheart covenant
    Show
    To the circle of the elements,

In my humble opinion as a scribe with no actual lands but a family farm I may not inherit, I'd take the offer, anyway, here is the all-chief's reply:

Well met, now that our prediction regarding your northern border has come true with no agreement reached between us, we will agree to build a spire as soon as we land on our new territory.

We who preside over our clanmates will personally meet your embassadors to hash out exact borders for the maps, with such an important visit large tribute is customary and our people can be very hostile to those who insult our customs.

Good luck with your scrap, Clan Baem.

Show
    3 stats or something of equivalent or greater value, to be detailed by you in the next reply so I can properly plan my EoT or I declare war.

Last edited by neriractor; 2020-11-16 at 08:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: To the Silverhammer MOR 8
    Show

Hail Silverhammer Traders

Though we are currently speaking at the Brood Lounge, you representative there lacks information on the items being sent over this season over the trade route. Would you mind sending the Guild an itemized list so that we may prepare for its arrival?

Many thanks,
    Khalos Guild

OOC: I need to make EoT plans lol.

Spoiler: To the Empire MOR 8
    Show

With your declaration in the World Congress, the Khalos Guild recognizes your right to War. The Guild shall protect and give to the innocent, but your declaration nor a direct attack no longer requires retaliation.

Khalos Guild

Spoiler: To Valance Lodge, The Legion of Balance and Fae Courts: MOR 8
    Show

The Guild has a suggestion for our border issue.

[Currently speaking to GM, Placeholder.]

Last edited by Writtensanity; 2020-11-15 at 04:21 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

ᛖᛚᛞᚨ ᚺᚨᚠᚾᚨᚱ
    Elda Háfnar, aka 'The Farthest Fleet'

Morale 7

Spoiler: To Clan Baem
    Show
    There may yet be a use for you for the Elda. We will see what ships and other assets of war we have at our disposal in the coming months to send to you in trade.

ᚺᛃᛟᚱᛞᛁᛋ ᛃᛋ oᚱᚹᚨᚱ,
    Hjordis ys Orvar, Captain of Khombriss Depths

Show
    I'm quickly running out of neutral territories to capture with my MIL, so I could see a trade like that working (for next EoT, not this one). The Fleet will be in touch then - I hope you have a lot of ADV ready for trade!

Spoiler: To the Celestial Empire
    Show
    Sage skies, Emperor of Heaven,

It would seem that war is brewing on your doorstep. This 'World Congress' of Hanrui does not understand the realities of rule, that sometimes force must be brought to bear to prove one's own strength before the gods. In this, I hope that our positions align. The Elda will not support any measures in the council that would curtail your goals, or our own.

However, it should be known to you that we are seeking to form a defensive alliance with other western powers. The Covenant are not our friends, but the Protectorate of Silverhammer and the mage colleges of the Red Aurora seem amenable to trade and mutual protection. No matter the victor of your struggle, the Elda seek to survive and thrive in this new Hanrui. If you seek co-operation with a like-minded power, look no farther than Leviathan's Landing.

ᚴᚨᚾᚾᛁᚱ ᚨᛗᛚᚢᚾᛞ,
    Kannir Aslund, First Captain of the Drowned Moot and Speaker for the Void

Spoiler: To the Silverheart Protectorate
    Show
    To Lord Protector Halgeir Silverhammer of the Silverhammer Protectorate

The Farthest Fleet respects the honour of your kind, even if our two credos do not align. Our envoys and messages have been respected and returned in kind over the past months, and your amenability to the terms of non-aggression between us have brought some relief to our fleet-building efforts.

In time, war will come to our shores. Know that the Elda have no plans to land at your doorstep, but we suspect that the conflict will reach us all nonetheless. To that end, we have been speaking to southern mages of the Red Aurora College about trading routes, and would like to extend you the same courtesy next season. We will leave it up to you to choose which of your sea-facing territories were you might want to construct a trading post.

Additionally, the Fleet is hoping to turn our current agreement into something a bit more concrete. Would you be open to a defensive pact? Our ships watch the western waves, while you defend the coasts and hills of Xihou.

ᚴᚨᚾᚾᛁᚱ ᚨᛗᛚᚢᚾᛞ,

Show
    Given that war is imminent to the north, I figured it might be wise to shore up our non-aggression pact somewhat. How would you fancy working in a defensive alliance with me? I'm hoping to set up trade and protection agreements with you and also the Red Aurora College to the south.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2020-11-15 at 07:09 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

The Silverhammer Protectorate

Spoiler: To the Khalos Trade Guild
    (Mor 7)
    Show

Very soon, a shipping list is carried to the Khalos Guid by a messager.
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Of course, sorry,
    It'll be 5 Rep, 2 Adv, 2 Mag and 1 Mor.

Spoiler: To Elda Háfnar, the Farthest Fleet (Mor 7)
    Show

To the most esteemed Kannir Aslund, First Captain of the Drowned Moot and Speaker for the Void,

Your proposal is welcome to the Silverhammer Clan.
    We believe Honour is an excellent foundation to build a defensive pact on.
    Know that the Silverhammer Protectorate and the Red Autora College have already agreed on a pact of mutual defense. Having the Elda with us will grant us the strength needed in the coming times of war. We have no doubt that the Red Aurora College will agree as well.

Thus, the Silverhammer Protectorate wholeheartedly accepts to form a pact of mutual defense.
    Let it be known that we will stand back to back, let those who dare attack us break on our shields and let songs and epics be sung of our deeds long after this age has passed.

Glory to the Flame, and to mutual Strength,
    Lord Protector Halgeir Silverhammer of the Silverhammer Protectorate
    Spoiler: ooc:
    Show
    Sounds great to me, and a three-way pact with the Red Aurora even better.
    Edit: the intention was a three-way pact, or did I misread?

Last edited by Lord Athos; 2020-11-15 at 08:35 AM.
    Winner of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Templars of Our Burning Saviour

Spoiler: Domination Victory
    Show

Member of the Kyrsull Entente
    Free City of Khasal - Ironfang Republic - Theocracy of Shemesh -The Templars of Our Burning Saviour

Glory to the Flame!

Awesome Templar Avatar by smutmulch - thanks a lot!

5. - Top - End - #95

The Four Courts of Hanrui

All messages sent at Morale 9

Spoiler: To the Legion of Balance
    Show

Due to the generosity of Clan Baem and the Valence Lodge, we have learned that the Khanate of the Ironhoof has charted a route to [54]. Such an incursion would threaten the stability of Jahalkraum. We wish to know if the Four Courts can count on your support in War, as friends and neighbors, should their hordes reach our shores.

Spoiler: To the Khanate
    Show

Greetings to the fierce warriors of the Khanate.

We cannot help but notice that you have charted a route to our lands. The Court of Summer admires your strength, but would prefer not to see it firsthand. Perhaps a gift could assuage your ambitions towards Jahalkraum?

Show

The Fae Courts are offering 4 Temporary Morale, using the route that the Khanate has created, in exchange for not being attacked this turn or the next.

Show

Your generosity is recognized. We had thought you a clan of ill-repute, but clearly we were mistaken. Should the Khanate attack, can we count on your support in the war to come?

Spoiler: To the Silverhammer Protectorate
    Show

The Court of Summer is delighted to hear from you. Your power and resolve are admirable, as is your recognition of our true nature. Unfortunately, we are momentarily occupied - war with the Khanate of the Ironhoof looms, as they have charted a route to our lands. Perhaps in the seasons to come, we could rely on your support in such a conflict? You would earn both our favour and other, more material rewards.

Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2020-11-15 at 11:53 AM.
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

Plausible Victor of Total War: Pricipia
    as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

The Valence Lodge-Morale 6

Spoiler: Clan Baem
    Show

Sons and Daughters of Baem,

We find your inference that we would withhold information from our allies in the Summer Court to be both presumptuous and rude. Knowledge is ever at the heart of discovery, and we would have information from you now. As you have obliquely referred to us within your communiques with the Fae, we seek clarification re: your intentions for the Lodge, especially given the lack of communication afforded to us thus far. Enclosed is a potential arrangement that may see us both to clarification regarding the our mutual stances on one another. Should you persist in obsequiousness We of the Lodge will take appropriate steps to see such an unforthcoming attitude rectified.

May your wanderings never err,
    M. de Leuteum

Show

Got a deal to propose:
    -Clan Baem forges a route between [49] & [69] using 3 of the adventurers they havent committed to use during the midterm. In exchange the Lodge will trade the Clan 2 Temp Econ and 1 Temp Magic
    -Clan Baem will create a Lvl. 1 Magic VIP for the Lodge this turn. In exchange the Lodge will trade (via the route forged/detailed above) use of its 8 Esp. and Grounds Keeper, Magda C. Tarns (Lvl. 1 Esp. VIP) for Clan use for this EoT.
    - Neither the Clan nor the Lodge will use the route created for invasions for a total of 3 turns after agreeing to the deal, upon which time we can renegotiate something if your interested.

Last edited by n0ble; 2020-11-15 at 04:12 PM.
    “Have no fear, you will find your way. It's in your bones. It's in your soul.”- Mark Z. Danieleweski, House of Leaves

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Legion of Balance
    Mor 7

Spoiler: The Fae
    Show
    We would not support the war if the Khanate ride against you and would speak out against them but we will make no promises about what exactly we will do if that occurs. The occurrence of a war between two large powers will weaken both, possibly bringing balance back and opportunities to the weaker nations.

Lady Greydane

Show
    That is not an assumption you can make. We would allow your settling if the others supported it but there was no strong support for you doing so. Therefore we will ask for you to pass on the matter and look elsewhere, possibly the islands to the southeast of there (11). Or inquire with the Hobbits about the land neighboring them (21).

Spoiler: The Grand Collection
    Show
    We agree with that idea, it sounds like a well thought idea and would aid those who loose their homes to war. Possibly the land bordering the mountains to your south (20)? We would contribute a network of agents ready to smuggle out the refugees and supplies. Also some diplomats to sooth over any resistance in the land.

If you know another trustworthy nation we could offset the costs more.

Show
    The Project to do so would be 10 Esp, 10 Rep, and 10 Eco. It would automatically move the first nation to lose its last territory to 20, or whatever designated land you choose, if they agree. They would gain 4 points from the territory instead of the normal 2.

Spoiler: Valance Lodge
    Show
    Greetings,

You offer an interesting deal. We would be willing to offer the fruits of our trade this season and also the aid of our few divine practitioners. In return for access to your agents this turn.

Show
    They would trade 3 Eco, and 2 Mag for 6 Esp.

Khanate of the Ironhoof
    Mor 8

Spoiler: The Grand Collective
    Show
    Sadly the Congress still effects the world around us, whatever you all decide on will effect us too. We still refuse to fetter ourselves to the desires of the weak though, we will not be fettered ever again.

We do not mean the area to the west of you, just the piece to the east of you and west of us.

Spoiler: The Fae
    Show
    Greetings,

We know not who told you about our route but given the gift of adventurers to charter new routes we could be... persuaded to build another and plan accordingly. We have interest in a route to Xihou as well.

Show
    We would take 3 Adv instead of Mor. To build a different route.
    Last edited by GameOfChampions; 2020-11-15 at 06:09 PM.
    "Facilis Descensus Averni." - Virgil, The Aeneid

“Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Clan Baem

PCs:

Spoiler: Clockwork republic
    Show
    greetings Nese (and those who give you authority),

As an extra to our deals for this season, what would you take for the rare potion ingredients (++ Tadv) Hayy found within the hollow peak?

-Good dealing, Clan Baem.

Spoiler: The valence lodge
    Show
    Esteemed Massimo de Leuteum

whoops, seems fitting, as we were careless with the potential offense behind our words.

Our groups have a lot in common in both our predilection to the arcane arts, subtlety and means of acquiring income. We suspect talks haven't been held because one usually looks to acquire what is lacking when making deals.

But you may yet prove us wrong, should our trade partners in the clockwork republic (which we're sure you've dealt with before, savvy as you are) have a positive for a recent proposal and you put a hearty word of approval for our claim in [35] with the legion of balance this deal can be sealed and mark the beginning of many to come.

-May we both return to greatness, Clan Baem.

Show
    pending St just's deal and you telling the legion of balance to allow me settling that useless bit of land the agreement sounds just great.

Spoiler: The Fae Courts
    Show
    Should you be attacked by them you can count on our direct aid, though perhaps spread with the conflict to the west.

If we may boldly ask for a token after this pledge, could the courts tell the legion of balance they support our claim over the [35] islands? (where we could easily make a bulwark against possible invaders) apparently they need a more enthusiastic yay from their neighbours before being convinced we are welcome.

NPCs:

Spoiler: The legion of balance
    Show
    How does 50/50 support for our claim over the islands sound?
    (2/3rds not counting you, but I wager your title name wouldn't allow you to like that number better).

-Clan Baem.
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Clockwork Republic

Morale 6

Spoiler: Valence Lodge
    Show

Lovely, an additional 100,000 Virtues will be deposited in your account, and Academic Cahit and his embassy will arrive within the month to by put at your disposal.

-Nese

Show

So, honestly? More than you're likely to be willing to pay.

We have no use for the potions in the immediate future, but they keep, which means that that isn't a problem. The equivalent value in skilled labor does not.

So, in order to get any real value, we're going to need the equivalent of 300,00 Virtues, either cash and goods, or in the skilled labor of pamphleteers and goods. Anything else would simply not achieve any lasting success before being expended.

Willing to hear your counter-offer, if you've got one.

-Nese

Spoiler: Previous Games
    Show

Won Rise of Kingdoms as the Free City of Khasal
    Lost Hanrui 3 as the Clockwork Republic
    Technically Won Principia 2 as the Iron Gods of Ur
    Won Mandate of Heaven as the Gardeners of the Immortal Flesh

10. - Top - End - #100

All messages sent at Morale 9

Spoiler: To the Khanate of the Iron Hoof
    Show

That is a price that we are willing to pay for you to look elsewhere for glory and conquest. The Spring Court will assist.

Show

We will see what can be done with the Legion. They have claimed that territory as their own; we will not usurp that claim. But should they wish to give it to you, we have no particular objections.

as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Clan Baem"

Show
    like you are not going to find an use for whatever we pay...

if the issue is of something that can be kept, how about we give you an amethyst the size of a hand this season (+ temp eco), which should keep useful and 200.00 virtues next season when we aren't so swamped with deals.

-Clan Baem.

Spoiler: The fae courts
    Show
    Thank you very much, the legion does not seem too interested in the islands: "We would allow your settling if the others supported it but there was no strong support for you doing so" but on not upsetting their neighbours, a noble pursuit though uneeded if our clan wouldn't upset you.

-interesting times, Clan Baem.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

The Valence Lodge-Morale 6

Spoiler: The Clockwork Republic
    Show

Most Esteemed Logicians of the Clockwork Republic,

Gratitude for your patronage, know that it will not come to waste

M. de Leuteum

Show

Hail Sons and Daughters of Baem,

We find you most agreeable, in spite of the conjecture that others may field re: your intentions for this sphere of influence. We shall advocate on your behalf to the Legion, as they have expressed disinterest in thus far acquiring the firmament that you have stated interest in. However, in the process of detent with the Legion they have come to us with a superior offer for the use of our Fieldsmen this season. As such, we propose a modification of the deal already provided to you, one that may help to ensure that Baem's primacy upon the world stage while also affording us cordial realtions with the Legion of Balance. Please inform us if these alternations are to your dissatisfaction, that we may come to a proper arrangement concerning your settlement of these lands.

May the Tides Ever Shelter You,
    M. de Leuteum
    Show

So instead of 8 esp total, would 3 esp and 2 rep work with the promise of 4 or 5 more esp/rep next turn? I want to satisfy the Legion's deal this turn as well and figured that an equal distribution of resources between the two of you might be the best way to resolve things. This would be in additon to the 2 temp Econ and 1 temp magic being given to Baem this turn. Let me know if that works.

Spoiler: Legion of Balance
    Show

Most Learned Dyad of Dualities,

No doubt you are aware of Clan Baem's ambition's re: the southern landmass closest in proximity to you [53]. We would not presume to order such a venerable nation in how it conducts itself with regards to its own lands. Instead, We of the Lodge write to you with a twofold purpose. The first is to advocate for the settling of Clan Baem on the landmass previously detailed above. Again, We of the Lodge would never presume to order such a magnanimous nation as yours. Instead, please know that we merely recommend in the interest of mutual cooperation. It should be noted, however, that the Lodge is far from ignorant to the problems this may cause re: the balance of powers on Jhalalkraun. As this is a potential cause for concern amongst the various powers that are already extant on the continent, we would be more than willing to field a mediation between both factions should you be in need of another moderator for any polemics that may arise between the Legion and Clan Baem.

The second point of order we wished to address is the arrangement proposed between our nations. House de Leuteum records indicate that one Murthrow de Leuteum left the Mother's Cradle some time ago, to learn of and participate in the dual nature of your faith as it pertains to coin. By all accounts his tenure amongst your beliefs has engendered a mastery of the abacus and the measure of coin. We do not begrudge our errant Son this, nor would would decry his conversion to your religion. Indeed, by all accounts his studies amongst the Legion have instilled a fine sense of rationality, an education for which We of the Lodge are forever grateful. Rather than trade in coin or herb, as is the de Leuteum standard, we would trade use of our Fieldsmen and the services of our Estate Keeper in exchange for seeing this Son of de Leuteum returned home. Should you find this agreement dissatisfactory, please inform us, that we may discern and reach an exchange that both of our nations find well balanced.

May Balance and Equity preserve you,
    M. de Leuteum

Show

Will trade use of 5 Esp and the use of Magda C. Tarns, de Leuteum Estate Keeper (Lvl. 1 Esp VIP) for the creation of a half price Lvl. 1 Eco. VIP (Murthrow de Leuteum, Distiller of Equity)

Last edited by n0ble; 2020-11-16 at 11:08 AM.
    “Have no fear, you will find your way. It's in your bones. It's in your soul.”- Mark Z. Danieleweski, House of Leaves

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

The Grand Collection of the First Hill Hobbits of Taedhea and Surrounding Countryside Under the Administration of the Great Council of Elders, Colony of the Exceptional Alliance of Free Hobbits Administrated by the Parliament of Duly Elected Officials
    Morale 8
    Rep 10

Spoiler: Clan Baem and Red Aurora College
    Show

We believe it is for the best if we had it. One of the southern territories is being reserved for a special endeavor so we need the little extra land that 21 provides. It also gives us a direct connection with Red Aurora for trade and makes us a more effective border state versus the Khanate.

Have a nice day,
    Guntram Von Banks

Spoiler: Legion of Balance
    Show

That sounds good to us. We will provide half of the diplomats needed and most of the money with just a slight number of spies helping with extraction this season if you can finish your half. If you can't just tell us and we will delay some of our investment but still get most of our half complete.

Looking forward to working with you.,
    Guntram Von Banks
    Last edited by Hamste; 2020-11-16 at 10:50 AM.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Clockwork Republic

Morale 6

Show

Deal. Looking forward to dealing with you in the future. )Given how things are progressing, we very much are going to have a use for your spy network soon)

-Nese
    Last edited by St. Justicar; 2020-11-16 at 07:23 PM.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

MOR 10
    Show
    To the leadership of Clan Baem,

Your timing is ill. As of this moment all our resources are accounted for. Perhaps you have not heard, but there are preparations for war and your request, we will consider in due time. The securing and defense of our borders is our top priority at this time.

Corundynir's will be done,
    The Circle of Elements.

Show
    EoT was already submitted when I was made aware of this post (page number wasn't refreshing oof), will send 3 resources next turn, but this turn I don't have anything to give.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Clan Baem

Spoiler: The Valence lodge
    Show
    Esteemed Massimo de Leuteum,

We appreciate your words to the legion, our pathfinders should reach your shores in no time as we can agree with the changes you propose.

Fruitful endeavours, Clan Baem.

Spoiler: The Grand Collection of the First Hill Hobbits of Taedhea and Surrounding Countryside Under the Administration of the Great Council of Elders, Colony of the Exceptional Alliance of Free Hobbits Administrated by the Parliament of Duly Elected Officials
    Show
    As long as you two are in agreement, on that course we can't protest, do be careful in your dealings with your neighbours once it is yours and good luck with your endeavour in 21.

-Clan Baem.

Spoiler: The Crystalheart Covenant
    Show
    To the circle of elements,

We had to consider it very thoroughly, but given that the choice of a proper gift will be ours in such a case
    we can agree to wait, so as to keep good relations now that we'll be neighbours.

-Once again, good luck with your scrap, Clan baem.

17. - Top - End - #107

PaladinGuy

The Red Aurora College

Morale 6

Zander wiped his brow for the eighth time since exiting the aptly named ‘trash pit’, sticky sweat that was probably foul with some sort of poison was one of many unpleasant outcomes of the otherwise quite profitable dungeon crash. A few charms and transmutations had his body clean enough that he could peel off the stinking delving robes and exchange them for RAC hoodies and sweatpants. The other members of the Vancian Frat were equally bedraggled, though most were grinning with adrenaline and looted wealth. Once the expedition was back at the flying carpet loading up loot and swapping into touring gear he gathered everyone up for the Frat’s oath.

“You can’t delve?” He shouted, grinning wide.
    “If you aren’t prepared!” The posse shouted back.

“And you can’t prepare if?”
    “You get hungover!”

“Eight hours sleep?”
    “We DON’T WANT IT”

“Seven drinks DEEP?”
    “LETS GO GET IT”

The team ran, flew, and skated towards the local village on any magical means necessary, decked out in enough college merchandise to make the Bursar blush. Whatever taverns existed in First Hill, it had was about to learn the reason ‘neutralize poison’ was a mandatory prerequisite for joining the Vancian Fraternity.

Players

The Grand Collection of First Hill Hobbits, Clan Baem
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have no desires on territory [21] at this time, I would appreciate it in the hands of a friendly neighbor, rather than the Ironhoof. I trust you both to resolve this peacefully.

77 - The Phoenix Voice

Elda Hafnar
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it is indeed a mere [1 adv] that needs to be spared to build such a valuable trade route I will certainly agree, more than that may require additional consideration on my part, as there are many concerns that plague me in this troubled land.

Best Regards,
    77 - The Phoenix Voice

The Valence Lodge
    Spoiler
    Show
    Indeed, I would be happy to split the costs of the route and pursue this deal [next turn]. The Southern continent grows increasingly crowded, and there are dark rumours brewing about the fate of the now silent Nephelim. The extra security would certainly be appreciated.

Best Regards,
    77 - The Phoenix Voice

The Grand Collective
    Spoiler
    Show
    Forgive me Elder Guntram if I remain cautious of their words. There are few who would even think to attack the Grand Collective, but my College is not so renowned. If the centaurs ride to us in war and violence, there is little I will be able to do against them alone. Thus I wished to gauge the stances of our neighbors on the southern continent to examine similar concerns.

I only hope that they are willing to negotiate once the neutral territories dwindle.

77 - The Phoenix Voice

The Vancian Fraternity to the Grand Collective Tourism Board
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hey man, thanks for hosting us! Sorry about the smells and such, but I bet we delayed whatever trash monsters might have risen from that pit.

We’ll head to the washing area yeah. You know any good taverns around? The kind with good music and company not mysterious strangers and quests. I’ve had enough of those for the day.

Stay Awesome,
    -Z

The Clockwork Republic
    Spoiler
    Show
    Academic Cahit,

I think this would be a good gesture of unity, and go a long way to re enforcing the stability of the southern continent. While my concerns lie with the Ironhoof, you are certainly wise to think past their presence and on a grander scale.

I would be willing to commit my forces to your aid should you be attacked if you would do the same for my college.

Best Regards,
    77 - The Phoenix Voice

Spoiler
    Show
    Then I am proud to call you my ally, Lord Protector. Be it so known that the Red Aurora will stand with you should war come to your borders.

Best Regards,
    77 - The Phoenix Voice
    Last edited by A_Dinosaur; 2020-11-18 at 04:37 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Turn 3

“There are no beautiful surfaces without a terrible depth” -Friedrich Nitsche.

The burning summer and cool winds of Autumn fade into bleakness. The cool winds turn into a horrible cold as the winds of winter sweep over Hanrui, followed by the flash floods and heavy rains of Spring.

Expansion

Land was snapped up like hotcakes in the previous seasons but that didn’t stop some nations from still filling their bellies this time around. The makings of Empires are starting while others merely add slightly to their homes.

On the seas islands are slowly being explored and settled. The Elda are taking the Reverent Span while Clan Baem moves along the coast of Vahsi. The Republic snatches up a neighboring island off their coast with ease.

In Xihou there is a mistaken conflict as two forces try to settle the same land and come into conflict over it, the Covenant and their army manage to take it though. Beating out the insidious spies of Clan Baem through sword and fire.

In Vahsi the Hobbits move along the coast to occupy and make safe their eternal friends, the people of the coast. The College moves deeper into the jungles to add to their eternal search of knowledge while the Khanate just spread to deepen their ability to wage war. The Bank has appeared in the depths of what was Phanos land while the sun giants have fled over mountains and seas.

In Jahalkraun the Fae swarm over their borders once more to capture the minds and bodies of their mortal neighbors in the eternal embrace of the Fae. The Guild and their monstrous leader march over mountains to take their due from the other side. The Legion marched in their guard to the north east of them to support the mission of Balance.

A Covenant of War

The Imperial Sorcerers attempt dozens of magical rituals and spells yet the varied peoples of the dragon are both magical beyond belief and used to magical attacks from more powerful sorcerers then the Imperial ones. They organize quickly and smoothly, moving their mages of the GArnet Moon and Emerald Eye to block the spells and reassure populaces.

Yet this failed attack was just a precursor of what was to come.

The Imperial Generals Zhao Ren and Songsun Yun strike like lightning through the province to their south as up and coming commanders strike out at the rest, their forces quickly defeating the tough opposition before them. Their forces quick march themselves down to the capital where the Covenant is caught unprepared and their army away.

The Capital cannot stand before the might of the Imperial Armies that humbled the North. The Castes are shattered and driven out, those that aren't slain or held there to continue work.

Trend Setter

Word has started to spread, the World Congress is impressed and so the information is being moved through the world. People are shocked to hear but there is no denying… the Hobbits are Trend Setters.

Everyone is talking about their VIP program they put forward in the Congress and how there was so many votes for it that it passed without a care in the world. These kinds of trends help the world

Show
    The Grand Collective gain the Title: Trend Setters. +1 Rep, NPCs like you more. Legion declares Alliance with the Hobbits.

Reasonable Loan Rates, Unreasonable Collectors

Phanos had fallen. They had been undermined from within, they were being attacked by the denizens of hell, the government had collapsed due to excessive debt, or their had been a religious schism based around souls. Rumors abounded, no one knew the truth. Only that the people of Phanos were fleeing their desert lands back across oceans or to distant mountains.

All were true as it turned out.

The Phanos government had discovered a rift deep within the caverns when they settled there. To their surprise, when they explored a little more, they found that the rift led to the hells and that groups of others had already found it… from the other side.

The giants found a large building built near the rift filled with devils, they brought force to bear against it but when they entered they were happily greeted and brought refreshments. The devils had formed a bank, they had gold and gems coming out their ears and no one to loan it too.

The giants were only too happy to take their deals at first, it allowed them to rapidly expand over the desert and fund their religious wars against others. They didn’t need all of their souls right? The loan repayments were drastically cut short when they added slivers of their souls to the mix.

Then a few years later the bank came calling. One of the minor giants in the government had defaulted on the loan. So the acquisitions department was deployed by the bank to collect. A squad of legion devils marched through the streets of Phanos right up to his door and ripped out his soul as he lived. They then ripped it into pieces, taking only the part owed them before releasing the rest.

Needless to say this caused quite a stir among the religious fanatics in the nation.

The goverment was forced by the populace to try and end the threat of the devils living right under them, unaware most of their leadership were in the same position. So they made a call. The giants attempted to bring their miracles of flame and light to the devils, regiments of giants clad in steel and prayer.

It failed, the leaders had their souls ripped from their bodies and the armies torn to shreds by legion devils. With the government destroyed and the armies missing the elites that gave them their bite the nation sundered. The 9 Layered Bank finally emerged from hiding, they called on their contracts. Binding the contracted to their wills and spreading their influence through the remnants of Phanos, only managing to take the main territories that they had influenced most.

A message is spread through the lands as the situation stabilizes though.

“Sell your soul now! Can promise good rates if sold immediately. Good rates will not apply if soul is sold after acts of unspeakable evil.”

Experienced Vassals

The Khalos Guild has put forward a motion to the World Congress, they only contributed a measly bit of gold… but with no better offers the World Congress shall be putting forward a motion this upcoming season. With the coming of so many talented individuals it is important to keep up their training, they may have reached some of their potential but they are merely at the base of the mountain with so much to still climb.

The World Congress would provide council and advisors for this season to aid them in their chosen actions, provide clarity and learning from real world situations.

If the nations of Hanrui choose that is.

Show
    This is a motion to be voted on during midturn, if it passes it will take effect this EoT. This would give all VIPS double experience for any relevent actions they do during EoT.

Very Important Person (Remnants of the Pillar)

There are the remnants of forces that made their mark in the ancient remnants of Hanrui still around in the world today. Some left before the fall while others sent representatives that made it back or passed along information before Hanrui had fallen.

The Pillar of Wisdom was one such group. They had brought the Pillar to Hanrui twice in the past and while they were busy right now and could not transport the Pillar, neither could they ignore the possibilities that Hanrui presented for their learning and knowledge. As well as the inevitable great works of magic that would occur from the powerful nations here as they rose to conflict and inflicting awe and terror both upon their neighbors.

The new Jade Wizard has appeared on the scene with a cadre of their personal mages to aid in the research. They have called on the World Congress to petition the nations to allow their entry. So they can travel, study, and possibly entertain offers of work from nations.

Show
    This is a motion to be voted on during midturn, if it passes it will take effect this EoT. You can bid to have the Tier 2 Mag VIP and their 3 Mag join your faction. Bidding is done with Eco and Mag. They can be manipulated by players as if they are an NPC until bidded on and secured.

Midturn is due Monday Night. Nov 23rd
    Last edited by GameOfChampions; 2020-11-19 at 05:00 PM.
    "Facilis Descensus Averni." - Virgil, The Aeneid

“Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

19. - Top - End - #109

EvilClericGuy

Celestial Empire of Longshan

Spoiler: Major Appointments of the Month of the Rat, 1149
    Show

Zhao Ren - General Who Pacifies the South
    Li Jie - General of the Right
    Xiahuang Ling - Queen of Xuezhou, General of the Left
    Han Lu - Commander of Chariots and Swift Cavalry
    Li Jie seems to be a newly rising star in the Shan military, while Xiahuang Ling and Han Lu are both children of older warlords who have since renewed allegiance to the Imperial throne after defeat in the campaigns of 1146 to 1148.

Spoiler: Hot Imperial Gossip
    Show

“They say the empress hasn’t been seen for a few months, could she be ill??”

“That Han Lu, very handsome, but have you heard his mother might have been a Northern barbarian?”

“This corporal, Zhao Xiang or something, got stabbed in the face and sent home. He’s been spending a lot of time with the noble girls recently, State Elder Yu told me that it’s like he’s writing an adventure novel.”

“State Elder Xiahuang was such a great boon to the community, but the daughter though... that unfilial bandit hag…”

“Lady Gan, never liked her… she got caught with the effigy of Lady Lu, did you hear? Lots of bad luck. The sorcerers won’t admit it, but half the court women are better at witchcraft then them.”
    Nobody who is spreading these rumors seem to know if they’re true, but they keep on going anyway.

The bloodied head of Ixtal-lin had been mounted on a pike in front of city walls, along with a few minor officials and the captain of the city guard. The gruesome sight was a rather sharp contrast with the pleasant, bucolic shoreline.

“The lizard wasn’t a commander,” Zhao Ren noted. “I had Unit Commander Pei read his notes. Though he held high rank, he was essentially just the city administrator.”

“Yes,” Li Jie said, “we encountered their best general in our southern provinces. ‘Herne.’ He’s been raiding our caravans nonstop since the war began. Their other commanders fell quickly, but his army was the only one who posed any serious threat. He promoted his ministers to replace the generals we defeated.”

“Good. At least one of their numbers isn’t a weak-willed rice-bin. Do you think they deserve surrender?”

“We have their capital. Their most important religious site. The threat of plundering the treasures of their idol is probably enough.”

“Good. I understand Commander Han’s forces are closest to their headquarters at Zange. Have him send a rider, with the terms we prepared at the beginning of the war.”

Spoiler: Crystalheart Covenant
    Show

A messenger arrives in the town of Zange with several scrolls’ worth of documents. From what local officials can tell, it seems to be a request for surrender and a couple of different terms related to it.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Choose either of these two terms and continue operating or the Empire will destroy your nation.

One: We keep territory 37 and also get territory 71 along with its corresponding stat benefits. Clearing of Corundynir’s Lair is guaranteed. Any religious paraphernalia found will be placed in the Palace District Museum or sold to private collectors. If any action is taken against us for the next seven turns (10 years), the Covenant must pay the Empire four temp Econ.

Two: Give us Territories 71 and 38. We will return your capital and its corresponding religious sites. However, you must pay us two permanent Econ in reparations and hand over any significant arcane (but not divine) artifacts you’ve found so far from adventuring as well as shutting down any stat attacks or active projects against the Empire. If any action is taken against us for the next seven turns (10 years), the Covenant must pay the Empire four temp Econ. The distance between your capital and your southeast territory will not be the empire’s concern. A meager 2 ADV could build a route and solve the problem entirely.

Otherwise, we can do a public diplomatic summit or I can finish taking complete control of leftover territories.

Morale 8

Spoiler: Khalos
    Show

Several dozen suits of high quality dark steel armor and around five hundred taels of gold are delivered to the Guild. The Imperial emissary accompanying them expresses personal thanks from the emperor and a hope that their two nations can work more closely in the future.

Show

Greetings once again to the First Speaker Aslund,

It is a pleasure to hear that our interests are so similarly aligned. I trust you have heard of our siege and capture of the Covenant’s Dawnstone Vale? A messenger has been sent with terms of surrender to the Crystalheart remnants. We may have a complete western alliance yet.

The Protectorate’s dealings with us have been honorable and we do not seek to invade houses of learning. Perhaps we shall find a time for a meeting between our peoples regarding this nascent alliance?

With respect,
    Emperor Xishun, Son of Heaven, Lord of Longshan, Defender of the Dragon Mountains
    Last edited by Vrock Bait; 2020-11-19 at 02:45 PM.
    Spoiler: Total War
    Show

As
    The Celestial Empire of Longshan

Show

Equinox League

Red Aurora College - Fae of the Four Courts - Khalos Guild - Celestial Empire

(Pretend there’s more spoilers here because I haven’t found the will to digitize my campaign setting yet)
    寧教我負天下人,休教天下人負我。

20. - Top - End - #110

Deep in the Silvermare Forest

It was almost daybreak, and Malcolm had yet to find shelter. He'd been hunting in this forest for years, but he'd never managed to get this turned around in the bramble, and as sunbeams started to cut between the trees he knew time was running out. They would be here soon, watching from the skies.

Malcolm took a deep breath and kept sawing his way through the bramble and branches. He wasn't about to give in. He wasn't about to stop looking and accept what was going to happen. He had a daughter at home and a son that had just moved out. His girl still needed care and his boy still needed his guidance. He was- lost. Malcolm was lost.

The greying hunter took a deep breath and exhaled out shards of ice in the cold winter sun. Something screeched far above him, and there still wasn't a cave or hole in sight. Malcolm closed his eyes for a moment and imagined a world where the Rocs wouldn't see him and hunt him down, pretending that he'd be the first one to ever get lucky. Then he kept cutting.

There was a second screech from the skies, closer now. Malcolm stopped cutting away the trees and bashed his body through the tangled branches. His coat ripped, his cheeks cut, and his arms bled as he rushed into the wood and prayed to his three patrons for a sign of hope.

Another screech.

Then the ground shook.

Malcolm didn't stop to consider what would make the ground shake during the daylight. He crashed deeper into the thorns and bark. Hilda needed today's furs. He wasn't going to leave Lian alone on his bonding day. There had to be a way out of-

Branches crashed above him and Malcolm turned to face his fate. Feathers and claws reached out to him.

And then they stopped.

The Roc suddenly shot backward and out of sight, and the screeching redoubled, but something had changed about it. The screech was horrifying, sickening, the kind of sounds Malcolm believed he'd be making. Blood rained from the sky and dripped from the twisted trees, and Malcolm stared up to see the shadow of Khalos covering the sky.

Messages and Intrigue

All Messages Sent at Morale 11:
    Khalos Reputation: 8

Spoiler: To the Valance Lodge
    Show

To the Esteemed Alchemists of the Lodge,

If our ledgers are correct, you should be fans of the Guild's choice to suggest our original pitch to the World Congress as opposed to pursuing reparations for the Covenant. We understand you have many talented people in your Lodge.

Which brings us to the topic of our letter.

Our hunts for new dungeons have yet to be fruitful, both the Silvermare Forest and Briada didn't have a monster den, and considering our export of magic items and loot, we are going to quickly run out of floors. Simply put, we still would like to expand to new territories in order to hunt for adventuring sites.

The Khalos Guild would like to know your asking price to purchase your agreed-upon rights to the lands of 68 and or 66. Parhaps we could provide some assets that you lack so you can convince the member of the former Pillar of Wisdom to join your ranks.

We look forward to your reply and shall reach out if we discover any magic of intrigue this season.

Spoiler: To the Celestial Empire of Longshan
    Show

I see the Covenant did not properly prepare their defences for your arrival. Truly a shame for their capital.

Though we appreciate your gift, we are unsure of the cooperation of which you speak. We are far from against working with the Empire, but as of yet we've made no attempts to do so... yet.

In times of war, we have no doubt that you will need resources to fund the recovery and stabilization of the regions you captured. We come with an offer for trade. Our economy relies heavily on the export of magical items and artifacts. With our ascension to the world stage, we have needed to unsustainably plunder the depths of Hanrui, and despite our best expansion efforts, we are quickly running out of dungeons to delve.

If we are allowed access to the dungeons of the Empire, we can provide resources that will assist in your stabilization.

Lysa, Mouth of Khalos

Spoiler: To the Grand Collection:
    Show

To the Trend Setters of Hanrui

Congrats on your new recognition in the world. We are happy to hear that our friends and diplomatic trade partners of ours are so well regarded.

We come with an offer for trade. Our economy relies heavily on the export of magical items and artifacts. With our ascension to the world stage, we have needed to unsustainably plunder the depths of Hanrui, and despite our best expansion efforts, we are quickly running out of dungeons to delve.

We understand that Hobbits don't have the largest stomach for adventuring, but you surely have a mind for coin. What would the price be to delve deep into the lands of the Hobbits to sustain our economy?

Show

To the Masters of Balance

We come with an offer for trade. Our economy relies heavily on the export of magical items and artifacts. With our ascension to the world stage, we have needed to unsustainably plunder the depths of Hanrui, and despite our best expansion efforts, we are quickly running out of dungeons to delve.

We understand the Legion has bigger worries and plans for Hanrui than fighting monsters in the depths. We would offer resources that are useful to you for access to the dungeons of the land.

Lysa, Mouth of Khalos

Spoiler: To the Silverhammer Protectorate
    Show

The Khalos Guild thanks you for our partnership for the last two seasons.

With our contract ended, and the trade route already established between our nations, are there any resources that you lack this season? The Khalos Guild, whether through trades or facilitation of dungeon goods, would be happy to oblige.

Oppam, Mouth of Khalos

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Clan Baem"

Hye Baem's guess for the season

stationary plants have their leaves ripped by the wind, those long forgotten get a remembrance, and with a bit of luck you may finally find what you are looking, yes, you know who you are.

Drown

The bar was rough, there was no escaping that fact, but considering the state of the rest of the island it got a pass for now and the foreseeable future, getting many visitors especially of those with the specialist skills Clan Baem encouraged so much, today it was different though.

The people were the same, just less numerous, a small band with too many scars for their age, Chin-Hae who was quickly approaching the age were he just had too many scars and nothing else and yi the barman, a robust serving man in a sea of lean trickster types; with more throwing knives that a man could possibly carry sticking to most surfaces in the stage.

Chin-Hae began what was surely not the first drunken rant that day, judging by the reaction of the others "I had many kids you know, in every port back home..."

-you don't say- replied yi, as someone who was paid twice the price for his ears than for any drinks he served.

-I cared for them, those that kept their name at least, back when we still had some money and connections to throw around, I did because they were my blood... but they didn't really matter beyond that, only ones that did were those like me...

-like you how?

-That they would spill that precious blood for me as I would for them...

the group remained quiet for a while, drinking as if each was on their own room, until a new person broke into all of them at once, a young blood thief who was likely sent here to meet the man below the all-chief but below the network, all glanced towards him as he moved to the nearest seat with no pointy objects sticking out of it.

a throwing knife quickly threatened to cut his cheek in classic warning before hitting the wall behind, the kid dodged , he didn't get here without some sharp reflexes. Chin-Hae's voice quickly followed his knife:

-Don't you dare sit in Mee's spot.

-I don't see her here.-Eveyone but Chin-Hae threw him a look of panic before barely turning back to stop the named character from pouncing on the kid with two more knives in his hands, wisely the thief bolted for the door whitout bothering to hear the threats behind him:

-You won't be seeing anything you ***** *****... after a few minutes of restrain the bar turned back to the Saddened mood it started with, with the thoughts of our named character the only to be heard The order will come soon, I'll get you all back this time... Just move along and get the rest in order.

Days after

Captain Dae (as she have been called more often after claiming a few more ships) walked into the rough bar previously mentioned, illuminated by but one lit pipe, paired with such a reek of alcohol it made you wonder how the place hadn't combusted while lighting it.

it was strange seeing her lately outside her ships, not to mention so far inland, or with such a depressing grimace, all things that could be explained away if you knew were she was likely, how final the decision was if both sides agreed and how much she wanted to forget those last two things.

-room for another, old man? Yi said you wanted the place to yourself.

an unintelligible grunt and a lack of knives thrown towards her was taken as agreement as she picked up a place near him that looked to have been used recently and took a swig of whatever noxious brew Chin-Hae left far away enough to not be considered in use... Things were cheerier somewhere else though.

Somewhere else -Dent

The Islander (Dent) enjoyed the sun in a boat of his own, Dressed in robes of the Baem with charms of his people littering the deck, next to his people who were wearing them and manning the ship. It never ceased to amaze him how slow their own craft were compared to the foreigners' how little of the world they could really see before...

Some dread started creeping into his day before being turned away. There had been setbacks but Ashira of the waves had dealt them the stones of the Baem's and they were finally starting to make use of it, their people were becoming needed, valuable and if he worked well enough they'll be one, victorious and without just being absorbed.

He met Dania only briefly but he felt a kinship on their goals if not only on their blood, she went to the lodge to show the world what the tribes could do, he remained here to remind the ones who held both harm and opportunity to his own which one should be given; of course, here was a catch all term, right now he headed to the "irreverent isles" (those foreigners and their names) in order to finish hashing out peace terms with some local pirates who most likely didn't know who lived in idol's end before the Baem, and surely didn't speak anything closer than a similar sounding tongue. Just another day of work really.

Mor 4

NPCs

Spoiler: Legion of balance
    Show
    Congratulation in both your new alliance and your territorial acquisition, we wished to make sure our previous claims and support for them were remembered, as our intent remains the same as before.

-Happy marriage, Clan Baem.

PCs

Show
    To Hjordis ys Orvar, Captain of Khombriss Depths, arrives a letter by magic arrow as Clan Baem attempts to replicate the previous season's diplomatic success.

Well met lords of the waves, we come to ask if you would considerate dealing as we spoke next turn, and if so what you would think of borrowing some of our most elite tomb delvers led by the most elite amongst them, in exchange for whatever recruits you have no better use for this season.

-New gifts, Clan Baem

Show
    1 adv and Dae Baem (lvl 2 adv VIP) for 5 mil, accepting counter offers of course.

Spoiler: The Celestial empire of Longshan
    Show
    To the Strongest monarch on this land who extends a rule back by heaven wherever he touches,

First we commend your great victory against those who held your land, even though sadly it is still under their control, we ignored your warnings of their character and were deceived, we wish for your approval in joining the crusade against them before you finish righteously sending them south to live with the hobbits, and take only what is our due for the lives that have been so early sent to their place as the guiding hand we are.

-With wrath and sorrow, The all-chief.

Show
    we hope the downfall of your dear neighbours brings no end to our trading, we may have some offers for this season depending on how the congress weights on the current proposal.

-Profit when you can, Clan Baem.

Spoiler: The Crystalheart Covenant
    Show
    To the circle of elements,

We do not know what brought you to deceive us, your borders called as top priorities... your borders are breached while those we agreed upon were breached by you, The Clan calls for blood I call for blood my blood stains their lan...

Do not write that Euji!

We call for blood, for our own has suddenly filled with those enraged and the pool follows along rather quick revenge, we'll take them They'll need, we'll need something more than the paltry leftovers we were asking for, if there is to be a chance for anything but hate within our groups He won't let them...

I transcribed everything, for it is my job, and I didn't expect it; they never spoke like now, not that I remember at least and I've worked since they returned to their senses- Euji, Head Caligraphist.

-Clan Baem.
    Last edited by neriractor; 2020-11-19 at 06:18 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112

EvilClericGuy

Spoiler: Crystalheart Covenant
    Show

A second horseman arrives with a new message. Apparently both contracts of surrender now both involve the cessation of the southeast peninsula. The invitation to open public diplomatic talks is still left open, however, and the Covenant is permitted to bring one foreign ally to the conversation to balance Baem and Longshans’ interests.

Morale 8

Spoiler: Khalos Trade Guild
    Show

Greetings to Guild of Khalos,

I hope this message finds you in good health. Our old capital, Nanshan, was desecrated by bandit sorcerers during the years of the warring states. Before Imperial forces retreated to our current capital they retrieved all but the least important items. Thus, all that remains should be the demonic artifacts brought there by bandits.

If these artifacts would interest you, please send a small tribute and we will arrange transportation of your forces to the city.

With respect,
    Emperor Xishun, Son of Heaven, Lord of Longshan, Defender of the Dragon Mountains

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Send over let’s say... 2 + half of however many floors you want to clear worth of Econ and we’ll build the route to your lands. You may keep any magical artifacts found.

Show

Greetings once again to the dynasts Baem,

Thank you for your commendation. We have had additional terms sent to the Covenant regarding your rightful lands. You will have an equal place at the negotiating table should the Grandmasters come to their senses and invoke it. However, if force is required, can I trust that you would allow Imperial forces into your rightfully claimed peninsula? There will most likely not be too much need for overwhelming force on your front if you are willing to accept.

With respect,
    Last edited by Vrock Bait; 2020-11-19 at 07:05 PM.
    Spoiler: Total War
    Show

As
    The Celestial Empire of Longshan

Show

Equinox League

Red Aurora College - Fae of the Four Courts - Khalos Guild - Celestial Empire

(Pretend there’s more spoilers here because I haven’t found the will to digitize my campaign setting yet)
    寧教我負天下人,休教天下人負我。

23. - Top - End - #113

Spoiler: To the Empire: MOR 11
    Show

Thank you for your offer,

In order to properly understand how much the dungeon is worth, we would need to know how many floors have already been cleared, this will let us better determine how good of an investment bringing our adventurers to the site would be.

Please let us know and we will be able to confirm or deny purchase so that you can make your economic plans for the season,

Lysa, Mouth of Khalos.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Valence Lodge-Morale 6

Spoiler: Khalos Trade Guild
    Show

To the Members of the Khalos Guild,

Regrettably, the resurgence of the one identified as the Jade Wizard takes our priority this season, though as ever de Leuteum remains flexible in such ventures, should a greater opportunity present itself.

As to the second item in your letter, we fail to see the rationality in such a proposal. To agree to something without knowing its value is presumptive and such presumption leads to error-a flaw which We of the Lodge would not ascribe to. Should we discover any areas of adventure in the territories promised to us-and should our adventuring assets be committed elsewhere-we would gladly lease the rights of adventuring to you for a fee. Until such a time, it would be otherwise unwise to act prematurely, no?

Five God-heads guard you,

M. de Leuteum

Show

not saying no, just saying wait and see if I even turn anything up first when I do get there.

Spoiler: The Fae Court
    Show

No doubt you have been made aware of the resurgent Jade Wizard seeking asylum across Hanrui. We would not compete with you for this but rather strike an accord. At present, you possess far and away the most territory on Jhalakraun. This is not an insult, merely fact. In light of this fact-especially when one considers de Leuteum's paltry holdings-We of the Lodge fully believe that the distilling of a compromise with regards to this individual is fully facsilitatable.

Show

Pretty simple. Should it come to pass this midturn, dont bid on the Jade wizard and Ill give you 2/3 the permanent magic that comes with them. you have the territory for it and it would still put you ahead of me. Or we could just waste our biggest stats bidding

Spoiler: Red Aurora College
    Show

Academics of the Red Aurora College,

Your concern is well placed, We of the Lodge do not feel fear yet admit a certain...trepidation at the occurrences in the west. Should you feel the need for more security, de Leuteum would be more than happy to oblige in such a manner. However, we should note that to do so would require a substantial commitment on the part of de Leuteum. While we are prepared for such an eventuality, We of the Lodge admit to a need for equivalent exchange.

Further, you are no doubt aware of a resurgence in the Jade Wizard-or at least the genesis of an individual possessing sufficient power to qualify for such a title. Our Archymist-herself known in more base orbits as the Topaz Wizard-should very much like to meet and welcome this individual to de Leuteum manor. As such, we would respectfully ask for an exchange of our more...militant aspects in exchange for use of the College's magics, so that we may entice this successor to the past into our fold.

Respectfully,
    M. de Leuteum
    Show

I have espionage to trade. Miiiiight have some MIL but that will cost you as it would hamper my plans for expansion this turn. Mostly looking for Magic or Eco in return.

Last edited by n0ble; 2020-11-19 at 07:37 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

ᛖᛚᛞᚨ ᚺᚨᚠᚾᚨᚱ
    Elda Háfnar, aka 'The Farthest Fleet'

The shimmering ships come for us, and we must dance to the beat of their drums. The spell-men of the Long Bright Dark throw their will into the sky, and the air crackles with light and wild colour. We are lost! Why can't you see? It will melt my shape like it did its soldiers. The Dark will give me fingers instead of legs and teeth instead of eyes. It'll steal my soul and make me giggle its rhymes, and I'll be counted as one of its, because the Idols won't want me then.

No one will want me then.

- Last recorded words of Korufa, Skerandre shaman

The Well of Sorrows

Fetid air and the sounds of moaning were the first things that Alvi witnessed as he began to descend alongside the retinue of carls and officers into the Drowned Bowels, the depths of that titanic being that gave Leviathan's Landing its name.

What had once been stomach lining was now an avenue of carved bone, curving and multitudinous towers with no end in sight. All along their colossal surfaces, runes of abhorrent and forgotten power had been carved and anointed by sacred rite, channels and grooves dug by an intelligence both elder and more malign than even the creature whose body it was now desecrating. Here, built up in measureless eons behind history by the vast, loathsome entities that seeped down from between the dark stars, was the design of the Void, a chart to its becoming. Older bones were best; they could conduct the recrudescent spirals, the savage motifs with something nearing perfection. The patient dark was interrupted only by the occasional reprieve of wrapped torch, though the flames were limned in a nauseating sea-green.

Far above the hapless few, mountains of bloated greying fats were being consumed inchmeal. Faceless thralls, bodies bent and twisted from the long hours spent on the far side of madness, stood on crude scaffolds as they scraped away that which kept the minds from completing the work. They were not alone: gloam-spiders, flesh gaunts, and limbless horrors swayed to a rhythm that only they could hear, their chittering movements striking to Alvi in their regularity. And from the fathomless acidic depths of the lake at the center of the cavernous space protruded gardens of folded hands, long beds of fertile eyes and fecund tendrils of ichor-dripping seed that found purchase in the gibbering petitioners who swam in those waters. The occasional scream echoed out over the blind eternity, though Alvi could not be sure if they arose from rapture or agony. The skerandre of Khombriss Depths caught only a few glimpses of the true plethora of beasts that now called the bowels their home, though the lumbering shadows hinted at far more than he could properly discern.

Before long – or perhaps a lifetime or two – the group approached their destination: the steps of an edifice that had never been built nor ever discovered. Alvi could not grasp its contours entire, obtaining only the vaguest impressions of vast angles and stone surfaces—surfaces too great to belong to any thing right or proper for this earth, and impious with horrible images and hieroglyphs. And yet, the building's soapy, greenish-black stone with its golden iridescent flecks and striations was intimately familiar to Alvi and everyone in his party. The characters along the base would have been baffling to anyone other than the Elda; for all that the language there had never been penned by man, they knew the meaning and intent of each line from some deep-born instinct in their blood. They, like the script and everything else, now belonged to something horribly remote and distinct from other men; something frightfully suggestive of old and unhallowed cycles of life in which the world and its myriad notions had no part.

Alvi let out a contented sigh. At last, he thought, it was starting to look a little more like home.

At the base of a yawning landing waited another group, perhaps twelve in all. Their figures were largely indistinct and amorphous, covered as they were by robes of faded sun and grasping midnight, and yet even the smallest regions of exposed putrescence put every prior monstrosity to shame. To witness such a morass would make a lunatic of the madman, and so Alvi paid no heed to the groaning or what laid beneath the tattered cloth. One such figure – who bore the nine-pupil'd eye of Glimnir over the wounded man of old Utarsk – lurched before the others and raised a diseased hand to unfasten boltings around its jaws, and Alvi knew well his name.

There was only one person in the Fleet who still wore the standard of the old islands, and he did not stray outside of his domain.

"Alone I sat | when the Old One sought me,
    The terror of gods, | and gazed in mine eyes:
    What hast thou to ask? | why comest thou hither?"

The incantation burned incarnadine. Every word, every utterance found a groove, perfectly shaped and ready to welcome it not unlike the hollow in each of the rib-towers of the fallen leviathan. Alvi had never heard the greeting, and yet its twin reply flew past his lips unbidden.

"Wisdom, I know | where thine eye is hidden.
    Deep in the wide-famed | well of sorrows;
    Each morn I will drink | of its waters and
    Widely then I see | over all the worlds!"

The reply had satisfied the gatekeeper, for Alvi found himself and the others in his company arriving on a balcony overlooking an inner sanctum. Dimly he recalled that neither he nor anyone else had climbed a single step, and yet now they seemed far above where they had begun. At their feet unfurled a scene of primal wonder and pure devotion. Animal fury and orgiastic licence here whipped themselves to daemoniac heights by howls and squawking ecstasies that tore and reverberated through those nighted pillars like pestilential tempests from the gulfs of hell. Now and then the less organised ululation would cease, and from what seemed a well-drilled chorus of hoarse voices would rise in sing-song chant some hideous phrase or ritual that passed beyond Alvi's hearing. The oracles of Kult Hala had sometimes been a mystery to him, even as a man who had gone over the horizon, but now in their motions he saw a sort of uncanny pattern.

However, the officer's attention was consumed by that which dominated the heart of the space: a hidden lake unglimpsed by mortals, in which dwelt a huge, formless white polypous thing with a luminous, all consuming gaze. And suspended directly above the surface, strung up by chains of cold iron, lay the vessel. It was in the shape of an upward facing cannon whose dimensions were perhaps five feet in length and half as wide, but it seemed to quiver animatedly, the edges of its existence unfixed as though it were a blemish, a mistake writ upon the world. The radiance emanating from the waters caught on the links and rounded corners of the ritual, blinding those that looked at it for too long. But not Alvi; as his retinas smoked and burned away, he took a step forward. Blessed darkness crept into the edge of his vision, but he was not deterred. Slowly and inexorably the ocular cavities collapsed completely, eyes dribbling out down his cheeks in steaming droplets. Devotion would guide his steps now.

He was sure that he'd stepped off of the balcony, but his footing was steady all the same. The song had told him what to do. Alvi reached out, and there were hands all around him. They held him upright, pointing the way until he could feel his clothing begin to smoke. The chanting of those frolicking in the shallows had intensified, wanton prayer now given focus. The touch of the hands, once gentle, now gripped him and held him close. He could not escape their reach now, not even if he wanted to. Then came a closed fist to his back, and then another. Prying, iron-hard fingers clutched at his flesh, pulling and yanking. Vaguely, he was aware of the snaps and pops of his bones as they were folded and bent well past their natural breaking point. His wrists and elbows were first, followed by his knees and finally his spine - each was broken in turn, viscerally and to the cheers of the gathered crowd.

"Widely then I... see..." some part of him managed to croak victoriously, "over all the worlds!"

The hands picked up his pieces, gathering them into a ball. He could feel himself being stuffed into the mouth of the vessel, like some gory incandescent grapeshot. Laughter ripped through his shattered frame, and he realized that it was him who was laughing.

The wound of the enveloped him now, glow burning away at his essence. He was destroyed. He was complete.

He awoke on the shore some time later, black waves lapping at what was once his face, and knew that he had changed. It started with stomach spasms that felt like writing lamprey nests hatching in his belly. Alvi could hear the hag-fish singing in the crushing depths, even when he pretended he could not, even when he carried the melody to the untouched beaches of his mind and the notes snapped in half before reaching the surface. Supernal awareness bubbled in his brain like the bends. Then pale flesh, barnacle sores, wriggling growths and sea cucumber discharges. Chitinous ridges emerged from the ruin of him, and he could feel the itch and burn as different species of coral battled for primacy of his ribcage. Every few seconds, the denizens of those reefs spat out their digestive enzymes in coordinated displays of time-lapse warfare. Something scuttled out of one new body cavity, only to be eaten by something hiding in another.

He – Alvi, no longer, simply the Wretch Before the Mast – was his own hunting ground now. And although the carrion birds sang a thousand songs, all he could hear was 'feed-feed-feed-feed-feed-feed!'

Morale 10

Spoiler: To the Silverhammer Protectorate and Red Aurora College
    Show
    Fair winds to you both, Voice of the Phoenix and Lord Protector Halgeir Silverhammer,

After our correspondences with you both, the Elda are prepared to put forward a proposal. We understand that both of you have committed to a defensive pact, to go to war in protection of the other should there be any attack against you. The Elda see this as a wise choice. We have already reached out to the Silverhammer and they have agreed to engage us in a similar fashion, and therefore we propose that we turn our relationship into a proper western league.

Furthermore, the Drowned Moot would counsel that we announce our pact to the rest of Hanrui. As a tactic deterring aggressive actions by others, you would both have a great deal to benefit from announcing that you are under the protection of the Farthest Fleet, just as the Elda stand to gain from working with both of your illustrious nations.

Finally, there is the matter of trade. The Elda are in need of navigators and weather mages this season, and would be willing to open up routes in order to facilitate any loan of such services. In exchange, we are willing to offer up the work product of our new skalds and spies, modest as those operations are.

ᚴᚨᚾᚾᛁᚱ ᚨᛗᛚᚢᚾᛞ,

Show
    Pretty straightforward - I'm suggesting we make this relationship 'official' by going public with it. It will be a powerful deterrent against anyone screwing with us.

Regarding trading: I will only have a few ADV to spend right now, but if either of you have ADV, ECO, or MAG to spare I have 2 REP and 1 ESP floating around that I would be happy to trade. Since Baem and I are splitting the cost of a route already, I'm only going to have the 1 ADV to split a single route at midturn.

Show
    Safe course to you, Emperor Xishun, Son of Heaven, Lord of Longshan, Defender of the Dragon Mountains,

The Elda have been watching your war with interest, and wish you good fortune on the surrender and handover of plunder. We should caution you against the nips and murmurs of small powers, for they often mistake the purpose and destiny of great nations as us with warmongering.

An alliance of western powers is certainly possible, though we do not yet know what the future of the conflict on Xihou will hold. Currently, we are in the midst of negotiating stronger bonds between the Protectorate, the Red Aurora College, and our own fleets down in the Reverent Span. Perhaps the west will rise.

ᚴᚨᚾᚾᛁᚱ ᚨᛗᛚᚢᚾᛞ,

Show
    The reply is met in kind.

Members of the Clan of Baem,

We are not some cut-rate raiders, to send such a meagre offering. You asked for ships, we will send you ships. You will take a fleet from us, and in exchange we plan on taking a more significant portion of your explorers and even a few of your mages. I have outlined the terms of the Drowned Moot below.

ᚺᛃᛟᚱᛞᛁᛋ ᛃᛋ oᚱᚹᚨᚱ,
    Hjordis ys Orvar, Captain of Khombriss Depths

Show
    The Elda are looking to get more than 3 ADV for an expenditure of 5 MIL. As it happens, we have enough MIL to take two neutral territories without attrition. If you're interested in really getting the most of conquering, the Elda are prepared to send 10 MIL to you.

In exchange, the Elda would need at least 6 ADV or MAG paid this turn, as well as the 1 ADV to pay half of the cost of setting up the trade route between 29 and 49 (I would pay the other half). The remaining 4 ADV or MAG would need to be paid next turn.

Spoiler: To the Court of Autumn
    Show
    Wonders be laid at your feet, Lords of Gilt and Gluttony,

If we shadows have offended, think but this, and all is mended. If we have unearned luck now to escape the serpent's tongue, we will make amends before too long.

Attached to this scroll is the bark of a blush carnelian, a flower known to grow only on the western hills of Xihou in the wake of great massacres and slaughters. Our explorers have collected this rare specimen with the permission of both the Celestial Empire and the Silverhammer Protectorate, as proof of our more civilized nature may have eluded you up to this point.

ᚺᛁᛚᛞᛖ ᚨᛋᛚᚢᚾᛞᛋᛞᛟᛏᛏᛁᚱ
    Hilde Aslundsdöttir, Hala's Chosen and Devourer of the Black Sacrament

Show
    I'm officially claiming that I am REP 2+. I hope that is enough that we might begin to deal.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2020-12-03 at 02:53 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Clockwork Republic

The sword kills. But the arm moves the sword. Is the arm to blame for murder? No. The mind moves the arm. Is the mind to blame? No. The mind has sworn an oath to duty, and that duty moves the mind, as written by the Throne. So it is that a servant of the Throne is blameless.

The palace of the Melquart was as poorly defended as she had been promised – the nephilim garrison were either dead or damned, depending on the rumour you believed, and either way far away in the old capital. The local troops were mostly gone as well, sent to suppress a rebellion among the hill tribes – by the time they realized the reports and requests for aid were forgeries, it would be far too late. Even the guards which remains wouldn’t prove much use, their evening meal having been liberally spiced with sedatives to leave them slow-witted and sluggish.

Everything was, in short, exactly how Itireae ir’Naeh had been promised it would been, carefully arranged to ensure the once-princesses homecoming would be as smooth and frictionless as possible. Not that she looked much like a princess anymore, of course – months of exile in the badlands had taken their toll, even before the injections of quicksilver and adamant had left her with monochrome eyes and sickly blue veins pressing against her skin. Still, she would gladly make every sacrifice and compromise over again, if it brought her here. After all, what good was a child who wouldn’t do what was necessary to avenge their father?

With her new sight, the iron frame of the palace’s upper windows shone in the pre-dawn light, and it was a simple matter of will pull herself towards them – by now the pulsing, burning pain from her veins was almost a comfort, as she gracefully flew through the night to alight on the windowsill. It hung open in the warm fall air, and it was barely any effort to pull herself inside.

She moved fast. Even if she couldn’t see the golden treasures piled high in the Melquart’s bedroom, she knew her way their by heart. She passed five guards on her way, and four four didn’t break her stride – a handful of iron needles pulled from one of the pounces hanging off her belt and pushed with more force then an a longbow towards each made sure they never got up.

The last was someone important – a royal bodyguard or captain, sleeping on a bed in the antechamber to the Malequart’s apartments. He she recognized – he had just as happy to have a place of honour at her fathers side, before the giants called down fire from the sky and massacred his entire host. And so she paused and drew her glass daggers, and took the time to make sure he recognized her before she let him die.

The Melquart was a Lumor, god-blooded, close to three yards tall, with flowing, braided crimson hair and a matching beard which grew fiery in truth when he was enraged – as he was now, charging through the door of his apartments in nothing but a robe, sacred and deadly bronze axe held in both hands, to find his bodyguard bleeding out before him. Which nicely distracted him as Itireae sent the first barrage of iron needles and blades flying towards him from her perch on the ceiling.

His roar as the blades dug into his back and spilled his sacred blood was so loud it was almost painful to hear. But then, she wasn’t the intended audience – and his divine grandfather seemed to understand perfectly. The room filled with a wrathful and ruddy light, and Itireae had to leap to the floor to avoid the blast of divine fire the lumor threw from his hands, letting out a gasp of pain at her awkward landing on the stone floor.

The holy runes etched on the Melquart’s axe glowed with an angry red light as he approached her, nothing but pure, deadly rage in his words. “I don’t know what you are, but if you start begging now I’ll just cut you down. Keep fighting, and you’re going to suffer. Burning slow so all the other humans know the penalty for striking the blood of the Sun.”

Whatever reaction he expected, Itireae’s unsteady laughter wasn’t it. Her hands trembled as she spoke, grabbing a thankfully unbroken vial off her belt. “Me? I’m no-one, not after tonight. Just one more debt you monsters never bothered to settle.”

She poured the vial down her throat, and tried to ignore her body screaming in protest as she started burning its contents before they were metabolized. A thin trail of black, acrid smoke leaked from her mouth, as her veins began to glow an unearthly blue. And the Melquart, axe raised for a killing blow, staggered and gasped in pain. Her fingers were bloody, gripping the seams between stones on the floor to keep from being slammed into his chest – but it worked. His fire went out as the light faded from his eyes, the blades buried in his back pulled through his heart and lungs until they pierced the skin of his chest as well.

She made sure, of course – used her glass daggers to cut his throat and put out his eyes, and open every major vein and artery. And then, satisfied, she set to work cleaning up after herself.

It was close to noon when she finally limped to their meeting place, lightly scorched from divine flame and throat too raw to speak from rushed alchemy. Still, her patron was waiting for her, wearing the face of the well-fed caravan driver she had travelled here with – though that disguise was beginning to crack, every hair already a pristine white and eyes faintly glowing, color starting to fade from their outfit. Turning to her with a slight smile and a nod, they said “Given the fire at the palace, I trust you have settled your personal affairs?” At her nod she gestured to the horses “Then we should be going. You have a higher purpose now, and the journey will give you time to consider a suitable new name.”

They made good time on the trip south, as behind them the last vestige of Phanosine rule in the far east collapsed into succession struggle and anarchy.
    -----------------------------------------------

Tymon Sol managed to survive in the forest on his own for nearly two weeks. As soon as the strange, massive ships had been sighted and the chief and captains ordered their men to assemble, he’d heard the whispers of ruin and disaster on the wind. By the time the strange, green-coated soldiers had arrived and demanded unconditional surrender, her had already donned his mother’s mask and cloak, and taken everything he could carry. By the time the first cannon fired, he was so far away he could barely hear them.

He had found an ancient tree, and made a camp beneath its canopy, hiding it from man and beast, rain and wind, anything the flew or crawled or bit or stung. Since then he had almost never taken off the cloak or mask – hiding him from anything but the spirits, and letting him see their guidance to the food and water he needed.

All of which was to say, he had finally begun to feel safe. And so he was not at all prepared when something was waiting for him. It was dressed like an officer of the soldiers who had invaded his village, though its uniform was decorated with gold brocade and some sort of extra decoration. And otherwise totally devoid of color – snow white hair, pale skin, and clothing that remained pristinely and perfectly white even as it stood in the mud and leaned against his tree. Its eyes glowed faintly with a cold light, and when he looked at it he saw all the spirits who had protected his camp had shied away from touching it.

It, meanwhile, looked down at a pocketwatch in its hand with apparent fascination. Either unable to perceive Tymon beneath his cloak or unconcerned with his presence as he stared and froze in panic. After a long, terrifying minute the watch let out a chime and it spoke in a soft, pleasant voice.

“You are quite difficult to find, ghost-child. Before your spirits gaze I swear not to harm you, but I hope you will not force me through this effort again.”

Trying to remain calm, he circled around it, trying to see if there were any other soldiers. Eventually, satisfied to find no footprints or hidden men, he responded, speaking from the mouth of a bird perched above her.

“What do you want, then? You’re one of them, aren’t you? The soldiers who destroyed my home?”

It sounded genuinely sorrowful as it replied. “That should not have happened. My peer was here as a mercenary, a role which does not agree with them. They were needlessly harsh, in the interests of haste, and the marines followed their example as well as their commands.”

“Then, what, you’re here to say you’re sorry? Offer to build me a new house? I swear I won’t accept an-”

“Please listen before you speak rashly child. I am not here to offer empty words or simple blood money. Might you here my offer, before you reject it? If you do, then I will accept your answer, should you desire, leave you be.”

“...alright, fine. Talk.”

“Your family is fascinating. Five generations of power and worth carefully gathered, every action judged, the petty gods of nature whispering in your ear, whatever life you wished to have forgotten under the duty you inherit. It’s a great burden, for someone so young. And it will not grow any easier – the island’s new princes are brutes, liars and cheats. You could resist them, and see your family suffer, or serve them, and forsake every fragment of purpose within you.”

“My family? Who do you mean? Have you done anything to them?”

It smiled, slightly. “Yes. One hundred thirty-eight potential heirs, although beyond the first dozen they are wholly unprepared and would despoil your inheritance quite quickly. And absolutely nothing, beyond identifying them. I would like to help them, offer them new lives with warm homes, food and medicine, and the assurance that they will never have to worry about being hunted down. But for that, you will have to come with me first. You will do good on a grander scale, and in return none of them will ever want for safety or comfort. Would you not at least consider the deal?”

It paused then, waiting for a response. Tymon didn’t have one. After a silent eternity, it closed the pocket watch and gave a slight shrug. “I will return at this time tomorrow. I hope you will be here.”

It walked out of the tree’s canopy and stood in the sunlight, took a deep breath and looked directly at the sun. And then it was gone.

Tymon spent the next day and night performing every augury who could think of – it had never been a talent of his, truthfully. But the answers were all resoundingly clear. When the soldier in white returned the next day, he was waiting for it.

--------------------------------------------------------

Three months latter, and the people who had once been Itireae and Tymon were ready.

The ritual was not exactly difficult – it did not take a great deal of power, and could theoretically be performed anywhere. But it was exceedingly intricate and precise. Hira stood before the two kneeling inductees, both dressed in the dull grey robe and bright red fez of a Janissary without official rank. The room they stood in had, minutes before, been almost claustrophobic. But as the seven layers of exactingly drawn circles on the floor began to glow and turn in time with some grand cosmic clockwork, the walls and ceiling faded away. They were outside, and the night sky was bright and full of stars – though the constellations were foreign to them, and the light cold and alien.

“Do you forsake inheritance and legacy, kith and kin, family and tribe? Do you forswear all covenants you have made, and revile all those who would demand your loyalty by love or affection?”

The two answered at once “I do.”

“Do you pledge yourselves to the service of Principle, to the creation of a rational and compassionate world, and the interests of the Esheri Republic, selflessly and without expectation of or right to comfort, safety or power?”

“I do.”

“Do you accept your role as the agents of history, and that you will be called to use and expend yourselves as necessity requires, without regard for you own selfish wants or particular affections, and will die and be forgotten with no memorial but the world you will help create?”

Again they replied “I do”. As they did, the alien starlight seemed to solidly around them, pouring down their throats as they spoke, marking them indelibly.

Hira smiled widely, opening her arms in welcome as she spoke “Then rise, Avra and Erem, and join us in engineering paradise.”

----------------------------------------------------------

Morale 7, Reputation 5

Spoiler: Red Aurora College
    Show

77 – The Phoenix Voice,

I’m glad you find the proposal sound as well. Especially with the calamity that has befallen the nephilim who might otherwise have occupied the horde.

I have had one of my more legalistic colleagues draw up this draft. If it sounds agreeable, a joint public announcement of the signing seems the best way to go about making it clear to the world? If you wish to make any amendments, please do say.

And the treaty does need some sort of name, I’m told. Any suggestions?

Spoiler: Treaty Draft
    Show

1. The Red Aurora College and the Esheri Republic commit to defending each other’s integrity, both territorial, economic, and political, against the attack of any other great power, whether overt or otherwise.
    2. If any power declares war on either of the signatories, the other will be obligated to immediately declare war on them as well, and prosecute the war in good faith, until victory or a negotiated compromise have been achieved.
    3. If proof is provided that one of the signatories has been the target of an attack by a nation which has not declared war on them, then if the wounded signatory wishes to retaliate, the other signature will be obligated to declare war as well (and prosecute it as per the previous article).
    4. If both parties agree that another nation is a threat to peace or to their independence, then by mutual consensus they can as a preventative measure declare war jointly and coordinate their offensive efforts towards the achievement of agreed upon war goals.
    5. In the unfortunate and unlikely event that other treaty obligations leave signatories on opposing sides of a wider war, they agree to treat each other with strict and friendly neutrality, and not undertake any offensive actions toward each other’s assets, or provide material aid to other nations doing the same.

May your eyes ever be unclouded,
    -Academic Cahit, Committee on Applied Metaphysics, Esheri Republic

Show

Trade beyond the payment of your currently owing debt, which I’m sure will happen regardless?

But yes, out military might be occupied saving the savages out west before they get trampled to death by a centaur or literally dragged to hell, but anything else is absolutely open for negotiation (And even that is, really, but you’ll have to make an excellent offer).

In terms of what we could use – well, soldiers, if you have any to spare, but assuming not than whatever backstabbing sneaks and professional liars you do have. Though I’ll at least listen to whatever you can offer.

-Coordinator Nese, Ranking Member of the Committee of Industry and Progress (Hanrui)

Spoiler: Valence Lodge
    Show

To Massimo de Leuteum
    I hope you found our dealings over the previous deal satisfactory? If Cahit and his attendants lived up to expectations, we’d be quite interested in working out a continuance, or a similar sort of deal, anyway. No real need for diplomats, but your freaks are a really excellent way to get the crowds to show up to public events.
    Quite open to discussing different methods of payment, if you prefer. Cash is always an option, after all.
    -Coordinator Nese, Ranking Member of the Committee of Industry and Progress (Hanrui)

Spoiler: Ironhoof Khanate
    Show

To the Great Khan Artios Fellstrider,
    You rebuffed our last attempt at embassy quite harshly, but I write hoping you might receive this in a more peaceable mood.
    The collapse of the Nephilim empire has left Vhasi’s central desert suffering from a power vacuum. I write fully understanding that you intend to fill it, hoping you might enlighten us on precisely where you intend to ride. There are more worthy foes for you to trample, I am sure, and I would hate for our armies to accidentally meet.
    We would prefer to march north and secure the eastern coast, leaving you the more natural environment of the desert itself, but that is certainly open to compromise.
    Peace and Reason,
    Academic Hira, Special Adviser to the Secretariat

Spoiler: Nine Layered Bank
    Show

To whoever is in charge,
    I asked, and I’m not allowed to sell anyone’s souls. Do you take credit notes?
    Last edited by St. Justicar; 2020-11-19 at 07:58 PM.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crystalheart Covenant

Grandmaster Isla Moray stepped off her boat, creaking as always and charred slightly from where Imperial fire arrows had struck the side, only to be extinguished by the waves of the seas. Evacuating people had been their top priority and in the weeks since the fall of the Dawnstone Vale and Port Adamis, she was still focused on smuggling as many out as she could. Sometimes they were successful, other times they were not. Tonight had been successful.

The Nereid definitely felt that she was more gray in the hair than she had been just a few weeks ago, and was certain that new wrinkles and worked their way onto her face just as surely as the furrows of her brow had become near permanent. They had saved some more tonight, but that thought did her little comfort as she walked up to a large house, dark except for the flickering candlelight from behind the dining room's windows. She stepped in, not even taking the time to dry before seating herself at the table, the occasional drip of salt water staining the dark wood in front of her. "Have we assessed the damage?"

The members of the Circle of the Elements looked at each other. The flamekin warrior, Agni of the Ruby Flame, was by far the one that looked the least worn of the lot, but he was a far more practiced warrior than any of them. There was no fatigue in his eyes, only anger and determination. "Our warriors are ready, I'd say the cowards dared not face us, but their attack was meant to be effective and overwhelm. We were poorly positioned and are unaccustomed to holding a defense, but the Ruby Flame burns brightest in adversity."

To his side, a human-looking woman of immense stature. Seated cross-legged on the floor next to them all, she towered over them, and her hair was in dreadlocks which were then braided behind her. Isla couldn't see it, but she knew the woman had a prosthetic leg from her left knee down. The Grandmaster of the Amethyst Forge was a half-giant, named Yjona spoke up next. "It's good that we expanded, we lost some resources yes, but it was not all concentrated in Port Adamis when it fell and much of it can be moved. The Forge suffered no losses aside from time."

A man with all the height of a short human, the proportional width of a dwarf and the pointed, tapered ears of an elf stroked a beard tangled with what looked to be leaves and twigs with one hand, as the other was held in a sling and bandaged. A reminder that not every evacuation attempt was successful in full. Isla tilted her head at the Grandmaster of the Emerald Eye. "Anything Calimus?"

The half-elf/dwarf sighed. "Very little unfortunately. Little Ixtal-lin was slain around the time of the attack, but whether it was by the Empire's hand or not, isn't clear. They took no time in desecrating the body and parading his head on a pike." They shook their head and then continued. "No sign of Rolf either, but he cuts a fine figure so they'd have paraded him for all to see as well, so he's gone to ground somewhere. Chin up, lass." Isla pulled herself up. She was perhaps closest to the missing Grandmaster of the Garnet Moon, but it hadn't been any sense of defeat like she believed Calimus thought it was. No, it was just general fatigue. She needed sleep. They all did, except maybe Agni.

At the far end of the table, there was a flurry of feathers and parchment that hadn't stopped since she had entered, the only other really source of noise in the room. A harpy with tawny wings and hair against pale skin was performing a delicate balancing act, using one claw to remain perched on the back of their chair and the other clutching a quill that was scribbling on them. Deidrana, the Guildmaster of the Topaz Fang spoke without looking at the rest of the table. "People will need to be informed. Scouts and adventurer's recalled, though I fear we might be getting a bit low on those. Gonna drum up some recruitment. Put up posters, flyers!" Isla winced. If that's what the harpy was doing, it wasn't going to end well. Her handwriting was simply attrocious.

"We'll delegate that out, figure out what appeals for aid will work best. Calimus, call for Herne when you can, Agni and him need to coordinate." Isla looked ahead into the next room, where a small, blonde girl could be seen curled up and sleeping on a chair, covered by blankets. "We'll also deal with that in the morning." Everyone in the room knew what she meant and even the fluttering harpy stopped for three whole seconds while they all turned their heads to look at the small, sleeping human girl. What a time for the return of the Peridot Breath.

MOR 10

Spoiler: To Silverhammer Protectorate
    Show
    Esteemed neighbor,

We come to you with a request for aid. The cowardly "Celestial" Empire over-reaches, making no moves for the territory they claimed and striking at places unrelated to the conflict. As men and women of faith, surely you would feel the same if someone took your sacred sites, and surely you would do anything to get them back. In the face of such unbridled aggression, it is plain they have no intention of peacefully sharing this continent. We are making preparations to cut off the Imperial forces occupying the Dawnstone Vale (39), but we have no need or desire for more territory on Xihou than we already had. We aim to coordinate an attack with your people.

We will strike at 36, and wish for your help in this endeavor in order to bring peace and security to our home, which we cannot have while Imperial aggression lays to the north. We are not warmongers, and so we will renounce any claim for the territory, though we do request access to it only for staging any further joint attacks further into Imperial territory if such is necessary in order to disable their ability to wage war and force them away. We will be willing to pay 1 stat per turn after taking 36 for the rest of the game as well if it will sweeten the deal.

Corundynir's will be done,
    The Circle of Elements

Show
    Apologies,

We had not been clear enough after messaging you three times saying that we were intending to take it. Both of us have suffered terrible losses as a consequence of this and we understand far too well that animosity is not easily given up once it has begun. It is the tale of our people's past, and why until these past year we were nomads.

The "Celestial" Empire however cares not for the sanctity of our people, and rather than take what territory they laid claim to now lay claim to our most holy of sites, and laughably demand that they recieve all of what is contained within for their people to gawk at and gloat in their victory. Our ambitions to build a beacon that may guide our people must be abandoned, and with that our "need" for 39. We will give you the territory freely, and the 3 stats upfront this turn like you had requested, after the war with the Empire has subsided. Lives have been lost in this unintended conflict, and while nothing can bring them back, we can make way so that such things do not happen again.

The core of our territory will forever be the Dawnstone Vale(37), The Diamondback Highlands(71), and Zange(38). Our ambition for territory ends there with the renunciation of the Cobalt Cape(39). More than that will be held temporarily as we move onwards to disable the Empire's means of waging war with us. We must stop the Empire's dishonorable practice of war.

May whatever power you follow grant you fortune,
    The Circle of Elements.

Spoiler: To the Farthest Fleet
    Show
    To the captains of the fleet,

We are not neighbors, and indeed we realize that you likely have little interest in us since we have avoided the deeper waters since our arrival here in Hanrui. We seek to speak with you about current events, and to try and to use our nation as an example. The Imperial Warmongers have no honor. When they laid claim to the highlands, they avoided them completely and struck instead at a place of worship. Their laughable demands for "peace" include then looting that same holy site for their own treasury, or bankrupting us of all of our economy and then some. Such a life is slavery, like they do to our citizens who were not slain or able to flee.

If they will do such things for a single territory, they will not stop at that. We realize you may not have stake in a larger landmass like Xihou rather than the isles on the open seas, but the same is not true the other way around. We plan to cut off the Imperial forces in the Dawnstone Vale(37), and would request that you use your fleets to raid or blockade the Empire. Such an offer is not made without due payment, and for each turn that you do so we will be willing to pay 1 stat and you shall have of course full access to anything that you obtain from the Empire with such a blockade.

May the wind be ever in your sails,
    The Circle of Elements

Show
    Greetings Lady Salandra Greydane,

We have not had much in the way of communications, and have rarely interacted in the year since our people's arrival. However, we must reach out to all those we can in times of dire aid. The "Celestial" Empire is a group of cowardly warmongers, who claim one thing while seeking only our complete excision from Xihou. For what other reason would they attack an unrelated province with not a single soldier moving to claim the territory they want? For what reason would their peace demands be either putting a price that cannot be payed, or to make the very heart of our Covenant their plaything to be put on display and gloated over? These things are unacceptable.

While having ample reason to seek revenge in wiping them off of the maps of Hanrui, our people practice tolerance, and we do not seek to be warmongering aggressors ourselves. We seek to coordinate attacks to disrupt their ability to wage war and bring peace back to Xihou. While these battles on our shores are distant to you no doubt, they affect the balance of the region, a notion of which we understand is your utmost priority. As such, we seek any humanitarian aid you are willing to provide for our temporarily displaced citizens. After the war has come to a conclusion, we will repay you in any manner we are able.

Many thanks,
    The Circle of Elements

Spoiler: All except Celestial Empire and Clan Baem
    Show
    In the following weeks a variety of letters and proclamations arrive in cities with variations of the following:

"Men, Women, and Peoples of Honor,

The Crystalheart Covenant seeks those of able body or skillful ability in the war against the Deceitful Empire, who dream more of plundering locations of holy import and demanding gold that doesn't exist from a poor and humble country, than in conducting an honorable war. When they were offered Trade, they instead chose a Sword. When they claimed territory that was never theirs, they ignored it in order to strike at civilians, parading the decapitated bodies of librarians and merchants around the street. Traders, mercenaries, adventurers, all are welcome to join us and aid in sending the Empire back North of the mountains! They hold only contempt for their fellow Man, and will not stop their conquest until they are stopped!

Those interested in providing aid, seek out the harpy Deidrana and the Nereid Isla Moray in Zange

MOR 0
    Show
    Your terms are untenable. They are neither a price payable or a price our people would be willing to pay. You also claimed 71 saying that they needed to be "liberated" and not a single soul left for your Empire. No person is kept in the Covenant against their will. You then attacked our most holy of sites, and demand that we give you what is contained within so that you make gawk at it in your capital? You are lucky your messenger returned with his head. We are not a people prone to violence, though we are capable of it to defend ourselves. The dragon that guided and protected us may not have breathed on this mortal world in the last century, but his power is bequeathed into every single member of our peoples.

Should we pay a visit to your capital? Behead the people you hold dear and parade it in your city? You would scream at the congress like a wounded beast, begging for aid and decrying us as villains if our roles were reversed.

Corundynir's wrath will find you.

The letter also contains the second missive torn up inside it.
    Last edited by DragonOfAsh; 2020-11-20 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Lore finished, none of the messages altered.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: To Elda Háfnar, the Farthest Fleet and the Red Aurora College (Mor 8)
    Show

To the most esteemed Kannir Aslund, First Captain of the Drowned Moot and Speaker for the Void, and the most esteemed 77 - The Phoenix Voice,

you speak Truth, Captain Aslund. It is a wise proposal, and it is only right that we announce the Formation of this August League of the West to the rest of the world. Glory to the League!

Know that there are some Runesmiths amongst our people who are proficient in carving weather runes. They will be under your command this coming season - and we would be honoured to have your skalds to sing of your sagas in our halls!

Glory to the Flame, and to mutual Strength,
    Show

I can do 2 Mag for 2 Rep, that sounds good, and I can provide the other Adventurer for the route.

I`m open concerning the names for our alliance, though I think "League" has a nice ring to it.

Spoiler: To the Khalos Trade Guild (Mor 8)
    Show

To the most esteemed Oppam, Mouth of Khalos,

Of course, we are happy to continue our trading partnership. However, we cannot yet state what ressources we will be in need of this season until after our rangers return from the depths.
    We are probably in need of services to improve our standing in the other courts (Rep), however, we will reach out to you once it is decided.

Glory to the Flame, and to mutual advancement,

Spoiler: To the Court of Summer (Mor 8)
    Show

To the esteemed Summer Court of Flaying Sands,

We agree that the Ironhoof is a danger to the lawful realms of cursed Hanrui. We already watch their progress with concern. If they dare to attack you, you may call on us.
    Our duty is first and foremost to our formal allies, but if there are no more pressing matters, assistance may be granted.

Glory to the Flame,

Spoiler: To the Celestial Empire of Longshan (Mor 8)
    Show

To the most esteemed Emperor Xishun, Son of Heaven

Know that your great civility and tact is appreciated. We congratulate the Celestial Empire on the successful first strike at the Convenant, and wish you good fortune in your endeavour.
    If you are in need of wares to support your campaign, know that we are open to trade.

Glory to the Flame, and to mutual advancement,

Spoiler: To the Grand Collection of the First Hill Hobbits of Taedhea and Surrounding Countryside Under the Administration of the Great Council of Elders, Colony of the Exceptional Alliance of Free Hobbits Administrated by the Parliament of Duly Elected Officials (Mor 8)
    Show

To the most esteemed representatives of the Grand Collection of the First Hill Hobbits of Taedhea and Surrounding Countryside Under the Administration of the Great Council of Elders, Colony of the Exceptional Alliance of Free Hobbits Administrated by the Parliament of Duly Elected Officials,

We have become neighbors, and thus it is time to make contact.
    Welcome to Hanrui, the land of false prophecy.
    Know that we have heard a great many things about you and yours, and we are convinced that you will leave your mark on these cursed lands before they sink back beneith the waves.
    We wish you luck in your endeavors.

Glory to the Flame,
    Winner of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Templars of Our Burning Saviour

Show

Member of the Kyrsull Entente
    Free City of Khasal - Ironfang Republic - Theocracy of Shemesh -The Templars of Our Burning Saviour

Glory to the Flame!

Awesome Templar Avatar by smutmulch - thanks a lot!

29. - Top - End - #119

Spoiler: To the Valence Lodge MOR 11
    Show

Good Evening, at least when this letter is being penned.

We understand your apprehension at selling the rights to territories before understanding what is inside, its disappointing to those of us who need the wares now, but it's understandable. Please keep in mind that we were never attempting to swindle, as we don't know the value of the territories either.

If you would prefer we can make a conditional offer on the territory. [10 Stat Points] for initial capture, if the territory has a dungeon, an additional [5 stat points] would be headed your way. We feel as if this is more than a fair trade considering you wouldn't need to expend resources finding the Dungeon within those lands.

Let us know if this deal interests you,

Oppam, Mouth of Khalos.

Spoiler: To the Nine Layered Bank: MOR 11
    Show

Welcome to the surface fellow non-mortals,

I am Khalos, one of the ancient guardians of Hanrui, a monster from the time before Hnarui first tasted the salt of the sea. Due to magical meddling, I have become one of the economic empires of this land and I believe that our resources could be a powerful asset if combined and used to support one another financially.

Unfortunately, I do not have a soul, but the Guild contains adventures eager to sell themselves to gain power as a Warlock, we may be able to reach an agreement.

Dio, Head of Khalos

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

I think building and selling you a VIP counts as selling as a soul? I don't know the stat spread for the Bank, but I likely have access to stats that they don't for VIP making.

The Guild is offering to build and send a VIP to the Nine-Layered Bank (or one of our three ECO Vips) for 'good prices' whatever those are.

Spoiler: To the Clockwork Empire MOR 11
    Show

Republic,

Word has reached our shores or your incredible deeds on the battlefield and stalwart honour. Though you may have emerged on the world stage with low repute, that was clearly a misjudgement by the nations of the world, The Guild included.

We are writing to let you know that you have been officially added to the list of approved trade partners for travelling merchants of the guilds. You should expect some of our travellers to be arriving in your lands soon.

Additionally, as part of this we would be interested in seeing our nations work together to assist in one another's projects. There are some resources that the Guild lacks, like a proper spy network, which is why we do not know what you lack.

If there is anything the Guild can provide, we are sure we can come to amicable terms.

Lysa, Mouth of Khalos

Spoiler: To The Covenant MOR 11
    Show

We have heard your call for aid, but the Khalos Guild are traders, not men and women of charity. We come with two offers;

1. As a sign of good faith, if you construct a path between our nations, Khalos will trade any resources 1:1 to you, so that you may have optimal stats for combat. Our only exception is our adventuring, which will be used during the season and won't be available during marching months. If you would prefer, we can construct the path, but we would require better value on the trade as adventuring is our most important resource.

2. The Khalos Guild is prepared to purchase rights to any dungeons located in the capital holy city of the Covenant, pre-paying this season to ensure that you have power to assist in recapturing the Capital or have more leverage with the Empire. We are prepared to offer ECO, MOR, or REP for access to the Dungeon (unfortunately we don't have a proper amount of MIL to offer). Let us know your price and we can negotiate.

Oppam, Mouth of Khalos

Spoiler: To the Courts: MOR 11
    Show

Esteemed Fey, The Guild Writes to All of You at Once

The actions across the sea bode ill for the coming years. Should the Empire run free on their landmass, they will surely turn their eyes eastward to our shared lands, and considering the threats already in the Ocean, I believe it's critical that the Guild and Fey combine our power to help destroy the Empire, or at least cripple them.

Once that Khalos Guild enters dungeons this season, we are prepared to provide any magical power we find to the Courts, on the consideration that it will be used as part of a ranged strike against the Empire. We would also be prepared to offer our limited spy networks to help cover-up that you made the strike, protecting your reputation.

Let us know your thoughts,

Alune, Mouth of Khalos

Spoiler: To The Clan Beam: MOR 11
    Show

Sailors of the Clan,

The Guild Writes with a request, Dungeons are the lifeblood of our exports and imports, and given our ascension to the world stage we have quickly begun to complete and empty the bounty of Hanrui's dangerous dungeons, and unfortunately, our expansion has left us without an adequate number of Dungeons to work with.

We would request access to your dungeons for a fee. We would be able to provide raw materials (ECON) that your nation could use to raise any resource you wanted in return for access, but the Guild requires 2 pieces of information:

1. How many floors of the dungeon have been cleared?

2. What is your price?

The Guild has increased interest in floors 10 and 20 of any given dungeon.

Lysa, Mouth of Khalos

Spoiler: To the Silverhammer; MOR 11
    Show

Our books are similarly up in the air until our adventurers have returned from the depths. We shall write.

30. - Top - End - #120

All messages sent at Morale 11.

Spoiler: To the Clockwork Republic
    Show

The message is a large, bomb-like package, which alarms those who first receive it. When opened, a thousand chains slink and rattle, sounding out the following message. Those familiar with the Fae would recognize the craftsmanship of Spring and Summer combined.

Perhaps we misjudged you in seasons past. Should you wish to open communications on a higher note, we would be willing to discuss possible trade or cooperation.

Show

Your standing with the Autumn, Spring, Summer, and Winter Courts has increased. You may yet win the favour of any of the courts.

Got your rep up, so the courts like you more. Willing to open communications, for your magical or morale-related needs.

Spoiler: To the Elda Hafnar, the Farthest Fleet
    Show

The message is found grown into the barnacles near one of the ports on [47].

Ah, we had misjudged you as an inconsequential, incendiary rabble. Instead, it seems your grand voyage has armed you with honeyed words as well as world-ships. Your words – and gift – are accepted. Tell us, Children of the Abyss, what do you seek?

Show

Your standing with the Autumn Court has slightly increased. Your standing with the Winter, Summer, and Spring Courts has decreased. You may yet win the favour of any of the courts.

Spoiler: To the Valence Lodge
    Show

To our most esteemed neighbors to the north,

The Court of Autumn was pleased to receive your message. This arrangement is quite satisfactory; however, let us propose a counteroffer. Should you wish to secure the bid, we are prepared to add to your bid, in exchange for the return of the Infused and [1 MAG]. Should this come to pass, of course. The Spring Court, in their blustering naivety, is attempting to solicit support for that bid from more reputable nations, but it is in no way guaranteed.

Spoiler: To the Khalos Lodge
    Show

Hail and well-met.

We are glad to see that you have claimed the territory that is yours – we hope you found more locations in which to delve within them than our Court did, this past season.

We would know your designs for the World Congress. Specifically, we would solicit your assistance with a particular bid, in exchange for favour in the future…

Considering your proposal, let us see how things progress. Your words are sensible, but to move all four courts is a drastic affair. We will consider.

Show

Vote for the Jade Wizard, and we’ll support a proposal of your choice in the future, without hesitation. Got 10 votes – not as many as you do, but certainly well above the average.

See how much magic you get from your dungeon, and let’s see how midturn goes, and we’ll discuss. Not opposed to it, but my 16 MAG won’t do much damage with their MOR being as high as it is. Maybe you can get the Valence lodge on board.

Spoiler: To the Grand Collective
    Show

Greetings, noble hobbits. The Court of Spring hails you, and congratulates you on your partnership with our neighbors. We have a proposal for you – use your considerable sway to support the Jade Wizard, and you will have our support in a proposal in the future. Even with the Legion of Balance, the combined votes of Jahakraum outweigh yours.

Show

If you vote entirely in favour of the Jade Wizard VIP midturn event, we’ll support something of your choice in the future. Currently have 10 votes – not an insignificant amount. The other event is passing regardless, no need to throw away votes there.

Show

A query was asked, in seasons past, by your emissaries. Baem seeks expansion, to the isle near our shores. At the time, the Winter Court cared not for the outcome. Now, they have thrown in their lot with the Celestial Empire. We would not have them on Jahalkraum. Deny them, and we will support your sovereign claim over that isle.

Show

We would prefer if it remained anonymous, but yes, now against having Clan Baem on 53, seeing as they’ve joined the war against the Covenant. Presuming their ESP isn’t high enough to read this anyway :P.

Spoiler: To the Nine-Layered Bank
    Show

What would you say to those without souls? Fire and ambition sings a song that we cannot resist.

Show

Just saying hi, seeing what's going on with the bank and opening communications.

Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2020-11-21 at 11:39 AM.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony