New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Any way to gain Epic Leadership without using a feat on it?

Hellow fellow scribes...

I'm simply wondering whether its possible to aquire Epic Leadership some other way than using a feat on it? I'm feat starved, so I want to not use a feat on it... is this possible?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by chaotic stupid View Post
    tippy's posted, thread's over now

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Any way to gain Epic Leadership without using a feat on it?

Is it the specific feat you need, or is there a feature from the feat you'd be satisfied emulating?
    Quote Originally Posted by eggynack View Post
    What I care about here, though, is that the highest standard of pedantry is upheld.
    Know-It-All
    Long Arm of the Law
    Phantom of the Opera
    Arthropods, the Bane of Giants
    Horselord
    Mother Cyst of Invention
    Rule #15: a hero is only as good as his weapon!
    Master of Disguise

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ask your DM to give it to you for free when you become and epic character.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

It is possible for epic magic items to duplicate epic feats (eg Everwhirling Chain, Quarterstaff of Alacrity) and to duplicate Leadership, at least in part (Warlord's Breastplate) so it wouldn't be unreasonable to ask your DM for a custom item which grants Epic Leadership.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Maybe post your build, or give us a level or something. Someone may have a suggestion on picking up one of your other feats to open up a selection slot. Also are you just turning level 21 and trying to figure out how to get 2 epic feats, or are you further along? The could also be options like taking a single level of Lore Master PrC at level 21 and getting a free bonus feat. Unfortunately you would need the requirements and it may not at all fit your build, but those kind of suggestions are easier if we know what you playing.

There are some of the standard optimization options that may or may not be allowed at your table. Magical locations can grant feats, but they are usually pretty specific. There would have to be one that you specifically need. Embrace and Shun the Dark Chaos spells that let you swap feats. Not cheesy to change a feat you don't like or swap out for a PrC prereq you did not remember, but very cheesy when you swap armor feats for something else.

As Biggus suggested, there are items that grant feats. I might pick a different Epic feat to emulate if you try that tick, because losing your cohort if you put you Epic rod down is probably worse than enhanced spell capacity or something. If you can get it on a weapon even better, Illithid weapon graft makes it part of you and non-magical. Maybe a poison-ring weapon from Dragon mag and build in gloves of man so you can still use your hand normally. But this is all pretty custom of course.

I always thought the Gold Dancing Pegleg graft would go great on a Spelldancer Pirate.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Thrallherd is "Leadership, but better," and PrCs with 10+ levels have their class abilities continue into epic, so long as they have a pattern.

I doubt that's what you want, but it basically qualifies.

Otherwise, a 3 level dip into illithid savant to eat the brain of the ice assassin of an epic thrallherd ('cuz there's no way you'll get the real thing) could also work.

Also, replacing your regular feats with items/locations/etc and DCFSing them out into other feats, then using your epic feats for other things (since most epic feats suck, and many non-epic feats are much better) could do it. I mean, spending your lvl 21 feat on Iron Will, for example, could be better served with a non-epic feat, which most of the ones there could be DCFS'd into. Or you could use the Otyugh Hole to get it.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Epic Leadership is a Fighter bonus feat, so technically Martial Monk can get Epic Leadership at level 1.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Despair View Post
    Is it the specific feat you need, or is there a feature from the feat you'd be satisfied emulating?
    Seconded. Is the feat needed to fulfil a prerequisite, or do you need to get directly an epic monster (ECL>17) as a cohort? If you already have a cohort pre-epic, you need in principle no epic leadership...