TL;DR: Is there a good free system for getting email notifications when a YouTube channel uploads and/or a way to do this via IFTTT that doesn't use more than three applets for a list of nearly 100 subs?

My problem began when Google discontinued YouTube upload notification emails in August. I subscribe to a lot of channels and sometimes have to save videos for later (I've still got upload alert emails from 2017 sitting in my "to watch" folder), so the other notification systems YouTube has don't really work for me.

I've been using IFTTT as a replacement, but they're becomming a freemium service as of the 31st and the free version will only allow three applets (if you're unfamiliar with IFTTT, each applet consists of an if/then statement, so I had one for each sub that were each "if [channel] uploads a video, send an email to [my email address]"). I'm not really in a position to be paying $120 a year for a service I only use one tiny facet of, so I'm looking for a free replacement. It doesn't need to do all the other things IFTTT can, just detect uploads on YouTube and send automated emails.

Alternatively, if anyone's more familiar with IFTTT than I am and knows of a way to cover an entire subscription list with only one applet (or two or three), that would be great. I tried connecting it to an RSS reader, but the only RSS reader I could find that IFTTT would speak to charged a premium for using the API, which kind of defeats the object.

Thanks in advance.