New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Horror/Halloween Webcomic Recommendations?

I find myself in the mood for some werewolves, vampires, demons, and/or anything else Halloween-y. Anyone have any recommendations?
    Last edited by PoeticallyPsyco; 2020-10-28 at 09:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Default Re: Horror/Halloween Webcomic Recommendations?

Sluggy Freelance springs to mind. For a time it had a special Halloween arc every year, and right now it's in the midst of a vampire subplot.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic Fox View Post
    Sluggy Freelance springs to mind. For a time it had a special Halloween arc every year, and right now it's in the midst of a vampire subplot.
    Man, I am way behind on SF. Haven't decided yet whether I'm going to track down where I last was or reread the whole thing.
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

Erma.

It's not horror per se, but... I'll just show you the animated short

Stories range from slice of life/comedic one-shots, (some of which are Sunday comic style strips) to extended storylines of various levels of seriousness to long winding myth arcs.

And, of course, the thirteen days of Ermaween showing our protagonist hanging out with various icons of the season.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Erma.
    Love it. Just added it to my Webtoons.
    Optimization Trophies

6. - Top - End - #6
    Colossus in the Playground

While I'm at it, The Adventures of Sue and Kathryn is a comic inspired by Saturday Morning Cartoons and stars Sue the Zombie and Kathyrn the Wraith as they fight crime, explore the world and solve mysteries in a version of the United States that's full of various supernatural beings.

Storylines start with trying to prove that their New Neighbors are were-elephants and range all the way to dealing with the machinations of Lucif... I mean, The Bringer of Dawn.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

I have to admit that I haven't caught up with this one in a while, but The Last Halloween is pretty good.

Basically every human is born at the same time as a monster representative of their greatest fear, which will die whenever their human dies, unless the monster is the one who kills them, in which case ot becomes immortal. And then someone cripples the being responsible for keeping the monsters from just showing up and killing their/any human. Apocalypse ensues. Its not simple gore or anything, the monsters are as much people as the humans are, especially as time goes on. And Abby Howard (the creator) is really good with the spooky arts and fun characters. The only reason I stopped reading it is I'm forgetful when a hiatus happens.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.