New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Glitterhearts: Night Court

Session One
    A Midsummer's Night

The city of San Fransapporo is a sprawling affair, built of downtown districts like the eclectic River District to the looming redwood forests of the Sleeping Giant Reserve to suburban Wards interconnected by a thriving transit system of trollies and high speed rail. It is also home to more than people however, the occasional Elemental drawing forth from where ever they hail to wreck chaos and confusion wherever they appear. These beings, elementally charged beasts, feed on human emotions and energy though are easily banished by local law enforcement.

That has changed in the last few months. Attacks by stronger, stranger, Elementals have begun to arise throughout the city. More people are being effected by their powers, some critically injured in an alarming number of cases. This is where you four step in, magical people dedicated to keeping the city safe. Today, as the sun rises on another balmy afteroon, the downtown district is awash with panic. A powerful Earth Elemental has risen, making havoc for commuters on their way to work. You've been called to put this dangerous Elemental down!

Before that however, where were you before and what were you doing this morning before the news and your magical cat Cait Sith summoned you to put a stop to this threat.

Mission
    - Keep the Civilians safe
    - Banish the Earth Elemental
    - Keep collateral to a minimum

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Glitterhearts: Night Court

Kendra was busily enjoying a popsicle in the River district, cooling off by the waterside as she listened to Aiko discuss her daily woes. As she soaked in the sunlight, the cool breeze, and the icy treat, she took in her best friend's observations about the new teacher at school. "I just know that he's going to, like, ruin the entire summer semester! I mean, he's clearly going to put us through the ringer if he's starting off in thermodynamics."

Kendra smiles at Aiko, "I thought you were, like, into this kind of stuff? Aren't you excited to have a teacher that knows what they're doing?" Kendra nudges her with her shoulder.

Aiko wrinkles her nose, "Bubbles... When I know more than the teacher, it means I can do whatever I want! The lab has so much to play with, I want to just do my own thing... He's going to keep an eye on me, and force me into doing classwork!"

Bubbles laughs, fully confident in Aiko's technical skills and her ability to sneak behind the professor's back. "My summer is mostly athletics courses, but until this heat breaks it's going to be, like, killer. I just need to focus on my remedial maths..." Bubbles shuffles a little as Aiko rolls her eyes at the reminder.

Thankfully, Cait pops in just in time to save Bubbles from the impending lecture. Aiko lights up, "And you can't forget your club duties! Go get 'em!" Bubbles waves as she runs off with Cait, off towards another adventure!
    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    HP: 12/12
    Conditions: None

Plan:
    Run off to help with the Earth Elemental(s)!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Ophelia was in the used record store, one of the last of a dying breed that managed to cling to life by selling used books and video games as well as old LPs and CDs. The owner of the store, a balding man in his mid-40s, grew up in the age where you used to be able to sample music before you bought it, and created his store to give the same experience. Which is how Ophelia had a large set of headphones on over her ears while Bowie’s Space Oddity blared into her ears.

Her head bopped in time with the music, and she mouthed the words along with the track. When her five minute preview period was over, she smiled at Kevin, the owner.

As always, Bowie is amazing. I’ll take it. she unslung her bat-wing backpack off, and pulled out her wallet to pay for the record.

She had just gotten outside, when Cait Sith appeared from behind the large bushes along the wall of the building. She understands what is about to happen, and nods, before heading to the Starbucks next door. Her friend, Joanna works there, and let’s Ophelia drop her stuff off when she has to “work” as Ophelia put it, and her stuff would get in the way.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

PYX
    Conditions:
    XP: 0/6
    PP: 0
    Spoiler: Labels
    Show
    • Physical: -1 Hit Points: 9/9
    • Mental: +1
    • Emotional: +0
    • Persona: +2
    • Mystical: +0

Spoiler: Moves
    Show
    • I Do Care: Gain +1 to Protect someone when defending a person
    • Well Executed Machine: When using the move We can do this together upgrade the result by one level rather than adding +1
    • Do You Trust Me?: A result of 6- on Convince someone still nets a result from the 7-9 benefits

Morgan prowls through the small park, hunting for just the right location. Small, but still large enough that even though the part butts up against the river he’s far enough away that he can barely hear the presence of the water in motion, and can’t see it at all.

Not that he’s here for the river; camera in hand, he shrugs his pack a little more securely onto his shoulder and continues down the almost invisible track that is only sporadically used by those few that wander from the easy paths. He’s looking for something...interesting.

His phone buzzes, and he checks it with the absent reflex of anyone who’s grown up with one basically in hand for as long as they can remember. As expected, it’s AJ, and he can’t help but smile as he reads his friend’s message.

dude u sure ur not coming? the new sets come available at noon!

Not a surprise, of course; among the several things that AJ is very enthusiastic about, Magic the Gathering ranks fairly near the top. His thumb flies as he replies one-handed.

sorry man, you know im gonna get this done you grab your stuff, we can look at em at your place later Not that Morgan minds playing Magic with AJ on occasion...but it’s hard to compare lately with actually playing with magic.

Receiving a thumbs up in reply, he sticks his phone back in his pocket and continues down the faint track...and finds the Tree.

Unlike the others in the immediate area, it doesn’t stand straight and smooth reaching toward the sky. Something has caused it to grow crooked, the bark fissured and gnarled and far more interesting than the rest. The root system, too, is substantially visible as it breaks the ground here and there like a kraken churning the ocean. Grown over some great buried rock, perhaps?

Regardless, it’s certainly the outlier he’s been looking for, and he spends several minutes photographing it from odd angles, using extreme close ups and experimental shots playing with perspective.

Until Cait Sith—pronounced Ket Shee, the feline is quick to inform anyone—appears out of nowhere with a call to action.

Cursing softly, Morgan stuffs his camera in his pack and then stuffs it in amongst the roots in turn; he’s not about to take his stuff into a fight with him, and at least here it’s out of the way and less likely to be found than wherever he needs to be. Tall weeds catching at his feet as he hurries along the trail, he follows Cait to another disturbing encounter.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Robin
    HP 11/11
    XP: 0
    On the small playground in the middle of the park, a girl sits on top of a horisontal bar, swinging her sneakers'clad feet to the rhythm of the j-pop tune coming from her earphones.

Reaching into the bag hanging nearby, she pulls out three tennis balls and starts juggling. About a minute later, one of the balls misses her hand and plummets to the ground below... sighing, Robin drops the other two, swings down, hanging on the bar with her knees, and flips to the ground. Picks up the balls, places them into the bag, grabs the bar, swings upwards to sit on the bar again, reaches for the balls... rinse and repeat. In her mind, having to climb down to pick the balls after every mistake should serve as an additional motivation to not make mistakes. At least it works in the anime, right?

She's almost ready to climb to the bar again, when her morning practice gets interrupted by a member of audience... feline member, specifically.

"Oh, Shee-chan?" Robin grins, "Let me guess, you didin't just come to say good morning, did you? The Fearies are needed again? On my way already, just tell me where!"

With that, she picks up a bicycle, ready to get to the scene of the new fight...
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Downtown
    Enemies: Earth Elemental

The Downtown area is a mess. Giant pillars of earth and stone rise from the roads, cars perched atop them and some even with people still inside. The Earth Elemental is massive, the size of two Hummers side by side and tall enough to reach the second story of the many highrises that define the city's skyline. It has woven a path of destruction in an inexorable path, seemingly having started from a nearby building which has the unmistakable shape of the Elemental and a giant crater where it landed from several stories up. Police are in the area but it's a futile gesture, bullets bouncing off the monster's heavy hide. It will take more than mere firearms to take this behemoth down for good.

Cait Sith moves between your legs as the four of you gather from your respective areas before leaping up on an upturned car wheel. "Meow Fae." it starts, tone the nasal catty whine you've come to know as their "Lecturing Voice". "This beast seems very pawerful. I don't think I've seen an Elemental of that size. Mew all should be very careful if you don't want to be toast. They usually don't like water. I can relate." A shiver runs through he odd creature's fur before it moves to lick a paw. "What are mew all waiting fur. Go Fae! Save the day!!"

Spoiler: Earth Elemental Stats
    Show

HP: ??/30
    Armor: ??
    Attacks: ??
    Traits
    - Thick Armor
    - Can create shields of stone
    -

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Robin
    HP 11/11
    Robin, inwardly wondering how exactly Cait Sith manages to get around the town quickly enough to summon all four so that they get to the spot almost at the same time, reaches into her bag and pulls an object that one would rarely expect to find in a schoolgirl's bag - a green collapsible top hat, currently folded into a disk.

She twirls a disk, rolls it across her arms and catches it with the opposite hand; then, tapping the disk to spring it into it's true form, she spins and places it onto her head. Immediately, the hat starts glowing. Robin claps her hands twice, and green gloves appear on them; next come the shoes - summoned by clicking the heels twice while Robin does a handstand.

Flipping back to her feet, she does several more spins and flips while the shorts and the jacket come into existence, and, finally...

Puck
    "Puck of the Fae has arrived! Elemental, you're causing suffering to people; we shall stop you!"

And with that, Puck rushes forward, spinning a giant (though looking like i't made of rubber) mallet she just pulled out of nowhere, as she charges at the Elemental, unconcerned with its size or apparent destructive power!

With a leap that would make any Olympic athlete jealous, she somersaults over the Elemental and swings her hammer at it, gracefully landing on the other side!
    "Smash it to pieces, oh merry band!" she calls out to less reckless - or more sensible, perhaps - members of the team
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Spoiler: A foolish heart
    Show
    — Life’s a
    lark and you breeze through
    most situations, including
    dangerous ones. When you
    charge into danger without a
    plan, you can hold 2. You can
    spend them at any time on:
    o Taking 1 less damage.
    o Add +2 to Keep your wits about
    you.
    o Add +1 to Touch their heart.

Using CLASH!: 12!
    Give +1 Forward to the entire team as an advanced affect.
    Deal 1 damage.
    Take however much damage the Elemental deals, spending up to 2 Hold to decrease it!

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Fae Nixie
    HP: 12 / 12
    XP: 0 / 6
    Conditions:
    None
    Bubbles takes in the sense with the others, head popped to the side as Cait clues them in. At the eldritch kitten's cue, she takes her position with the rest of the squad to power up!

Kendra pulls out her left hair ribbon, unwinding into unnatural length into the air around her. Shimmering a translucent sapphire, it suddenly wraps tightly around her body before washing out into a uniform and skirt. From the sleeves, two new ribbons slither down her arms, wrapping her hands before coalescing into leather gloves and bracelets. Pulling out her other ribbon, it does much the same, pouring into the air with excess. Hardening into a leather grip in her hands, the rest of the ribbon remains as an extensive whip, it's filigreed edge sharpening into a metallic razor, slicing through the air around her as she snaps it to attention. Jumping in after Puck, Nixie takes the forward position to flank, standing between the Elemental and the police cars.

"Never fear, Fae Nixie is here!" She proclaims to everyone in general, hoping in particular that the police behind her stop their shooting, to avoid harming themselves or the civilians.

Taking Cait's advice to heart, Nixie motions to the nearest fountain, drawing forth a secondary whip of pure water. Spinning in the air, Nixie slaps the Elemental first with the whip of water, softening the earth before following up with a crack of her razored whip across the softened strip!
    Show
    My Moves
    Accessory Weapon Razored Hair Ribbon Whip (Close, Sharp, Stunning), for 3 Dmg + Stun in 60'
    Overwhelming Strength Two holds per Clash success
    Tears Water-bending, +1 to rolls while using water creatively

Move:
    Using Clash! with Puck's +Forward, rolling 9.
    Pyx's Work Together roll (below) upgrades this to a 10+, choosing to deal +1 Dmg and take -1 Dmg.
    Dealing 4 Dmg + Stun, taking -1 Dmg in return

Plan:
    Standing in front of the Elemental, between it and the line of Police / Police cars, she'll stay between them as much as possible.
    Hopefully, the Monster is Stunned and doesn't attack...

9. - Top - End - #9

PirateGuy

PYX
    Conditions:
    Show

Show
    • Well Executed Machine: When using the move We can do this together upgrade the result by one level rather than adding +1
    • Do You Trust Me?: A result of 6- on Convince someone still nets a result from the 7-9 benefits

Morgan takes a breath—and not just because he’s trying not to wince at Cait’s...catspeak.

Ooof.

No—while being a member of the Fae and bestowed with the power to make such a difference is...amazing, there are a few elements that leave a bit to be desired.

Withdrawing the Buckle from his pocket, he holds it by the centre and gives the outer gear a spin. The magic flares, and grows to envelop him in an iridescent ellipsoid for a moment before bursting in a shower of black feathers. The swirling feathers coalesce into tight fitting black clothing and a short, flared coat, ruffles of feathers remaining upon the sleeves.

Green lines of light swirl about at waist height, intersecting with the buckle and snapping into a solid belt anchoring it in place. Black hair swirls down to shoulder level, and with a final shimmer iridescent dragonfly wings burst out to flutter from her back.

…yes. That would indeed be one of the aforementioned elements, Pyx has to admit ruefully. Faerie powers and a cat that talks like it’s from the internet is one thing—but having to do battle as a girl is still taking some getting used to.

Heck, it would also be nice if the wings were useful for anything other than getting in the way, or if she had shiny weapon like the rest of her team. But beggars can’t be choosers, and she works with what she has.

”Fae Pyx; trust me, we’re here to help,” she announces, already taking in the battlefield and formulating a—

Puck goes bouncing in with a quip, a hammer, and a lack of anything resembling restraint, as usual, and Pyx grinds her teeth. Still, it’s useful information to see the hammer bounce off the elemental like it had hit concrete, and she is in full agreement with Nixie’s obvious course of attack.

”Nixie, aim for the legs!” she calls out as the other girl calls forth a lash of water from the fountain, walking sideways to get a clearer view of the Elemental’s actions. ”Slow it down, we can keep it contained if we work together!”

If she couldn’t do much to help batter this thing into submission, at least she can look for ways for them to be more effective as a team!

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    We’re In This Together (Two heads) to enhance Nixie’s attack to 10+: 9 Pyx is now in danger.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    HP: 10/10
    Conditions: None.

Ophelia takes in the scene. Mayhem. Destruction. Chaos.

Life as it always was and always shall be. Such is the reality facing us all, if only we had the eyes to see, and the ability to realize that it was not something to be feared, but embraced.

But then again...

Ophelia has been given the powers of the Fae. Which was incredibly odd, since she didn’t belong to any of the covens. Not in the part of the scene Ophelia knew anyway. Sighing, she reached down and unhooked the cross hanging there. The silver was so old that it had started to turn black. Ophelia didn’t mind. It was just one more reminder that beauty was fleeting. But for now, she placed it upon the skin of her chest, above her breasts, and below her throat. Once she had placed the cross there, a silver choker appeared affixed itself to the cross, and finished forming with a satisfying click as it clicked into place.

And that wasn’t the only thing to change. Gone were her black corset and plaid skirt. Replaced by a black dress with lace and exposed petticoats a blue so dark, they appeared black as well.

Her platformed combat style boots were replaced with heeled boots that laced up to above her knee. She put those heels to work, leaping from overturned car to overturned car. As she kept forward, her hands began weaving in front of her, and in moments, a series of ancient runes began writing themselves in front of Ophelia.

A pity none of you can see. This is not a beginning, but an end. Ash to ash. Dust to dust. We all go to the grave.

And a beam of what can only be described as pale moonlight shot forth from Ophelia’s outstretched hands.

Show
    Clash: Magic Beam. Rolled 10, so I will opt to take one less harm from the elemental.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2020-11-03 at 11:11 PM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Downtown
    Enemies: Earth Elemental

You all move in on the Elemental, Transformation Sequences splashed across the screen with fitting music. It's a good showing for the Fae as they descend on the admittedly large target, the Elemental struggling to contend with such small targets at first as they move in. Things do seem to not go to plan however as the beast lets out a roar, bright light forming deep in its maw.

The beam strikes Puck first as the hammer lands with a thud against the rocky surface of the Elemental's body, sending it staggering back. Where the beam travels crystals form, jagged and glowing in the light of the day with obvious magical effects going on within. This beam arcs out as water springs from fountains around Nixie, pushing the beast back even as the beam arcs up along many of the cars and pillars the Elemental has created. Crystals form along Nixie and Puck as well, sucking away at their strength as they glow brightly.

The water has an obvious effect as your familiar indicated, the armor along the legs of the Earth Elemental turning to mud making it difficult for the beast to move. This sets it up quite well for the magical bolt of moonlight from Ophila however it is for not, it simply dissipates against the broad back of the monster in a scintillating effect. What matters is that the Earth Elemental is no longer on tack with where it seems to want to go. What's bad is as it seems to get its barrings straight and is pushed back down a side street the area of its legs hit sprout powerful vines, rooting themselves into the face of the buildings nearby as it hauls its massive weight up to try and get ground over the sudden attack.

Spoiler: Damage/Other
    Show

Puck: 4 -2 = 2: Enfeeble
    Nixie: 4 -1 = 3: Enfeeble
    Pyx: 0: You didn't Clash
    Ophelia: 0

Show

HP: 26/30
    Armor: 2
    Attacks: Beam Attack: 4 and Enfeeble, Crystal Toss: 2
    Traits
    - Thick Armor: 2
    - Grows vines and growth under its armor.
    Last edited by Razade; 2020-11-04 at 05:53 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12

PirateGuy

PYX
    Conditions:
    Show

Show

Pyx winces as the Elemental lashes out at her team, but...something doesn’t track quite right at its responses. It seems more scared than angry or determined, and looking about the scene she sees less...carnage, and more disorder.

”Wait guys, wait!” she yells, running forward with her iridescent wings bobbing in the air behind her, shimmering elements of purple and green as the light catches them.

She faces the Elemental, holding up her hands and trying to ooze trustworthiness.

”Hey there big guy, you’re just trying to get out of here, aren’t you?” she calls up to its craggy face, hoping she isn’t making a huge mistake. ”Why don’t you let us help you get to where you’re going, and you try not to break anything by accident, okay? We won’t hurt you any more,” she assures it.

Unless it makes it necessary.

Show
    Convince the Elemental to let us help it get to where it wants to go: 8

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Puck
    HP 9/11
    Enfeebled
    Her best hit being completely no-sold, the Elemental's weird beam that hurt, damn you, even if that wasn't a direct hit, and the weird crystals that surrounded her limbs making it hard to move stopped Puck for... no time at all, to be honest. No later than she managed to stabilize herself after a landing, she already was charging back at the elemental - though this time, with a bit more care, bouncing around just outside what she estimated its giant fists' range must be. "Hey big guy!" she called out, "Don't think I'm done already! Here, here! Come and take me!"

Once it seemed the elemental took notice, Puck grinned and darted away with a series of quick backsprings (partly because tumbling was her preferred mode of movement in general, partly because it was a fastest way of moving backwards)... towards the fountain. Her hammer might not have cracked the tough stone cover of the elemental, but it seemed the cat knew something, and Nixie did get through... well, why not help her do that again, then?

Too late she noticed Pyx shouting something... eh, can't get distracted right now. One wrong move and the Elem-kun will smash her into a pancake.

Show
    Convince Someone (+2 Emotional, +1 Forward): 11 12
    Get the Elemental to come closer to the fountain.
    Last edited by jamieth; 2020-11-05 at 03:16 PM.

Extended signature

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Fae Nixie
    HP: 9 / 12
    XP: 0 / 6
    Conditions:
    Enfeebled
    Nixie feels the crystals pulsating against her, radiating a deep chill across her side. Seeing the monster set back, she begins to chase until she sees Pyx cut her off ahead, pleading with them to wait as she attempts to parley. Nixie watches askance, checking behind her as Puck shouts to the monster from the fountain from which she's been drawing her water.

Momentarily torn, she reaches a tipping point when sees the Pyx is dangerously near the elemental in her attempts. I hope this works, but in case it doesn't... Nixie draws forth another length of watery whip from the fountain as she follows Pyx, hoping to intercept any ill will from the creature.
    Show
    My Moves
    Accessory Weapon Razored Hair Ribbon Whip (Close, Sharp, Stunning), for 3 Dmg + Stun in 60'

Move:
    Standing in defense of Pyx, hopefully gaining a hold to deflect damage (should it come)
    Protect Someone, rolling 8, gaining Hold 1.

Plan:
    Standing by Pyx, behind and to the side so as to be less threatening while still able to intercede...

If the monster attacks, she'll use her water whip to soften the blow, so that Pyx will only take half!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Show

Ophelia seems to wilt as she finds her beam ineffective.

Then she watches as apex tries to talk to it.

Well, if moonbeams and hammer blows affect it so little, perhaps soft words will do better.

Ophelia continued to move toward the elemental. But after a few steps, she instead turns and begins bounding up the walls of nearby buildings until she is on the rooftops. From there, she starts surveying the scene.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Glimpse the Truth, rolled 6 in discord.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Downtown
    Enemies: Earth Elemental, Iron Lux

Pyx, Puck, Nixie

The Elemental slows as Pyx moves to speak to it, still lodged into the side of the building but no attack is forth coming. No laser beams, no giant swinging fists. Elementals are rarely intelligent enough to speak back, most about as smart as a dog or a pig, but they seem to understand human language. Perhaps it's their deep connection to humans and their emotions rather than the words themselves. Perhaps it's just that it knows Pyx hadn't actually tried to hurt it. The latter seems likely as Puck moves to incite the lumbering beast, it letting out a roar as it scrambles down the fountain. It would seem that Nixie chose the wrong person to keep safe.

The Elemental goes tearing after Puck. Literally. The roots its legs have become borrow into the ground sending cascades of blacktop and cars aside as it leaps from massive stone pillar to stone pillar. With another roar as it lands close to the fountain, you all can see a bright light start to form in its mouth. Provoked to anger, the creature is about to unleash a truly withering assault.

Ophelia

There's no much to see as you find your vantage point Ophelia, a trail of haphazard destruction weaving its way from the Sleeping Giant Reserve all the way south to where you find yourselves now. What was clear before cannot be made clearer. If this Elemental was truly looking to cause havoc or destruction it would have. It's going somewhere deeper into the city, but why? Pyx seemed almost on a breakthrough with the thing, but Puck seems to have removed the hope that this might be settled peacefully. You watch as the scene unfolds, as the Elemental causes more destruction as it seeks to punish your teammate. It's a dark pail over this event, Puck moving in to steal some glory at the apparent expensive of more property damage and maybe even worse. The Elemental seems primed to unleash that beam again.

You've other problems however as you sense a presence behind you. It wasn't there when you climbed to the building, but as the scene moves to frame you both, another figure has joined you on the roof. Young, like you and your team, but in stark contrast to your team's vivid colors. A hoodie of slate gray, black slacks and clean white shirt gives her an almost tomboyish look and the heavy combat boots only help enforce this. The only spot of color is her vivid aquamarine hair, cut short on the sides with long bangs. A glaive is strapped to her back and you can feel the cruel energy that leeches off it. Whatever it is, its very presence is antithetical to you. "Fancy meeting you here.", her tone bored, quiet. "Are you going to try and stop my pet?"

Show

Traits

Spoiler: Iron Lux Stats
    Show

HP: ??/??
    Armor: 0
    Attacks: Iron Glaive: 2 Stunning, Light Scattering: 4, Long
    Traits
    -
    -
    -

17. - Top - End - #17

PirateGuy

PYX
    Conditions:
    XP: 1/6
    Show

Show

The sight of the Elemental slowing fills Pyx with hope; her words are getting through to it! Maybe they can resolve this peacefully, without any more damage to—

Puck goes flashing by, taunting, and the street is overturned with rock, ripped up asphalt and overturned cars in the way of the Elemental’s charge.

So much for that!

”Puck,” she mutters, then shoves that all aside and races after the Elemental. If this is how it’s going to be, then she can at least do what she can to keep her enthusiastic teammate from getting splattered all over the place. Giving the thing more targets to choose from can only benefit their team as a whole...right?

Show
    Stand in Defense of Puck: 6
    Marking XP

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

[QUOTE=Lentrax;24790163]
    Show

Oh, Ophelia begins at the words from the bored sounding... girl?

I am sorry. Were you expecting someone else?

She placed a hand over her heart. Is little old me not enough company for you?

She stepped toward the other girl. It is a shame though. Being alone. I know what it’s like, and you don’t have to be.

Spoiler
    Show
    Trying to Touch Their Heart. Rolled a 6.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Fae Nixie
    HP: 9 / 12
    XP: 1 / 6
    Conditions:
    Enfeebled
    Nixie's mix of hope and apprehension popped as Puck's jeering cut through the air and into the Elemental, enraging the muddy monster. Tearing past Pyx and herself in a storm, she couldn't stop from pouting as it ran off to the fountain they had just left behind. Maybe we can drench the thing if we can keep it near water?

Pyx and Nixie bound off in the creature's wake, leaping over the sundered street to catch up. Keeping an eye on Pyx, Nixie aims at the elemental's flank in passing, using her dual weapons to attempt to catch the monster unawares.
    Show
    My Moves

Move:
    Clashing with the monster, Enfeebled and Water cancelling each other out.
    Rolling 2d6+2 for 5, gaining +1 XP.

Plan:
    Retaining her unused Hold 1 defending Pyx, staying near her to intercept and halve any damage she takes!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Puck
    HP 9/11
    Enfeebled
    It all was going so well. Well, as well as being chased by a giant sentient slab of rock can go, at least. But Puck, a thrill-seeker and, to be honest, a show-off that she was - even more so in her Faerie shape than in the normal one - lived for that kind of excitement. Every step, every jump, every cartwheel and somersault carefully calculated, to always stay one step ahead of the monster... and when the elemental prepared to fire a blast of... whatever... it really shouldn't have changed anything. She was ready. Sure, the blast would deal some collateral, but... such are the magical battles, and better some buildings then people.

Except, just as she cleared the line of fire, another target presented to the Elemental... also trying to draw its attention, it seemed?

"Pyx, no! I've got it!" Puck shouted out, already knowing the warning was too late. Ugh...

Show
    Thwarting Danger: 2d6+0 = 10

Extended signature

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Downtown

Pyx, Nixie, Puck, Elemental

The Elemental's charge up takes moments, another savage lance of blinding light arcs across the plaza striking Nixie and Pyx. Luckily Puck dodges out of the way in the nick of time though giant crystals erupt where they were standing. Soon the whole plaza is covered with the glowing growths, even the fountain suffering from the crystalline substance quickly overtaking the surface of the water. It gives another bellowing roar, thrashing about in a rage as the roots slowly start to grow their heavy rocky armor once more. You've still got its attention however even as it draws closer to the fountain, reaching to try and bat you all out of the air with shards of crystal and stone.

Ophelia, Iron Lux

Iron Lux only gives you a perked brow as she unholsters her weapon, taking a swipe at you to keep you apart. "I was hoping to get you and your friends together but it seems they're having enough trouble. I guess I'll just have to bring you into the fold alone." With a sudden hand motion Iron Lux brings forth a dazzling crystal mirror, a blinding light issuing forth. The light casts its shadows all about you Ophelia, your friends whispering cruel words in the contrast.

Spoiler: Pyx, Nixie
    Show
    Take 4 damage and mark Enfeebled if you don't have it marked.

Spoiler: Ophelia
    Show
    Take -1 ongoing until the end of the scene on rolls dealing with Iron Lux. Roll to Keep Your Wits About You.

Show

Traits

Show

Traits
    - Her light distorts reality, those in its presence must roll to Keep their Wits about them.
    -
    -

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Puck
    HP 9/11
    Enfeebled
    "That won't do!" Puck calls out, dashing back towards the elemental, "We're all pulling in a different directions! That won't work! Nixie, your whip is our only chance; I'll get you closer to it, don't waste your chance!"
    With that, she raises her hammer, pointing at its flat side and then, in an arc, towards the elemental's head, drawing the jump trajectory, "One, two..."
    Show
    We can do it together - assisting Nixie's Clash: 2d6+0 = 7

Extended signature

23. - Top - End - #23

PirateGuy

PYX
    Conditions: Enfeebled
    Show
    • Physical: -1 Hit Points: 7/9

Show

Feeling even weaker than usual, crystals weighing down her useless wings, Pyx can’t help but agree with Puck; this isn’t going well, and their only shot is working together.

She sees immediately what Puck is setting up for Nixie to do, and she has to admit it’s a good plan; but the timing is going to have to be perfect, and each will have to have complete trust in the other in order to make it work.

Fortunately, she can help with that part, even encumbered as she is.

Shutting out the battlefield at large—dangerous, but necessary—she focuses upon the wellspring of magic that resides in her buckle. Drawing out a wisp of verdant green energy, she casts it out to loop around the pair as they maneuver into position, creating a brief but strong bond of total trust between them.

Hopefully it will help pull this off…

…and where has Ophelia gotten off to?

Show
    We can do this together to assist Nixie; casting a Trust spell: 7
    Increase result to next level, Pyx is in danger.
    Last edited by Captain Jak; 2020-11-13 at 12:05 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Fae Nixie
    HP: 5 / 12
    XP: 1 / 6
    PP: 1
    Conditions:
    Enfeebled
    Seeing the elemental's beam start to fire, Nixie extends her hand towards Pyx beside her, spreading out a patchwork shield of ribbons to partially block the light before taking another full blast of it herself. Staggering under the perceived weight of the crystals, Nixie notices that elemental's exposed roots trying to cover themselves back up. That's interesting...

Seeing Puck's setup, Nixie coils her dual weapons, readying for her leap as she feels Pyx's distinct calm wash over her. On two, Nixie jumps into the air, aiming at the elemental's exposed legs with her feet up at Puck's hammer. On Three, Puck swings, propelling Nixie as she spins off of it, a spiral bullet of razored ribbons and streams of water shooting through the already muddied roots of the creature's left leg.
    Show
    My Moves

Move:
    Spending her Protect's Hold 1 on Pyx to halve her damage

Clashing at +2, -1 Enfeebled, +1 Water, +1 Puck assist, +1 Power Point
    Rolling 2d6+4 for 10, Pyx pushing us over the edge for 12.
    Using Clash's Hold 2 for Double Damage + No Damage

Nixie deals 8 Dmg plus Stun, receiving zero damage.

Plan:
    Honing this teamwork! WHOO

Hopefully the monster is temporarily crippled / cowed as it rebuilds that leg, and Pyx can try to calm it down once more...
    Or we can just try to wash it away / beat it down? IDK

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Conditions: Isolated.

It was all a lie.

Of course it was.

No one really wanted her around. She was the outcast. The one touched by the darkness. The one who lived within that darkness in her heart.

Of course no one really wanted her around. They were saying that right now. And more they were saying it without realizing that she could hear them. But words she could deal with. She had dealt with worse.

And so, she decided she would show them who she was, and what she could do. She walked stalked over to the ledge of the building, and stepped off. With a flip, she kicked off the side of the building.

Judging where she would land, she spotted something. Puck swinging her hammer at what looked like another elemental. That would do nicely. She altered her trajectory.

Landing in the middle of the battle, she raised her hands, pale moonlight forming around them as she started swinging furiously.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Under the influence of Iron Lux, Ophelia rejoins the battle! ... On the wrong side, clashing with Nixie!

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Downtown

The Elemental thrashes as the three of you move in for a combo attack, the crystal shards its beam seems to create erupting as it swings its arms about wildly before its brought down to its knees. Rock shatters as more vines slither out from the massive form before its rocky skin cracks and falls apart. Beneath is what could, by some metrics, be considered a "skeleton" of vines, limber and snakelike. The assault seems to have stunned it, for a moment at least, however the unspoken question of Pyx is quickly answered.

Ophelia returns to the battlefield, taking a good blast of moonlight at Nixie. Something is obviously not right here.

Spoiler: Puck
    Show
    Take 2 damage as the Elemental rages

Spoiler: Pyx
    Show
    Take 1 damage from the elemental's rage

Spoiler: Nixie
    Show
    Take 2 from your Clash with Ophelia

Spoiler: Ophelia
    Show
    Take 3 damage and you're stunned for the next round

Show

HP: 18/30
    Attacks: Vine Whip (Long) 2
    Traits
    - Water deals half damage

Show

Traits
    - Her light distorts reality, those in its presence must roll to Keep their Wits about them.
    -
    -

27. - Top - End - #27

PirateGuy

PYX
    Conditions: Enfeebled
    Show
    • Physical: -1 Hit Points: 6/9

Show

No sooner does Pyx wonder about Ophelia’s absence than their missing teammate arrives on the scene...and attacks Nixie??

”Stop!,” she cries, still reeling from the aftermath of the Elemental’s rage. It’s clearly been weakened, but just as clearly there’s something else going on. At least the look of confusion on Ophelia’s face seems to indicate she’s no longer trying to attack her friends.

”Keep on the Elemental—we’ve cracked its shell!” As for herself, even without rocky armour she’s not going to do much to affect the massive thing; far better to try to figure out just what had gotten to their friend. Her eyes dart about, seeking answers.

Show
    Be Vigilant!: 10
    Hold 3:
    -Are there any dangers that I haven’t noticed?
    -What’s my best way to protect the area and victims here?
    -What’s most vulnerable to me?

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Puck
    HP 7/11
    Enfeebled
    "Yes!" Puck punches the air in excitement as her and Nixie's combined maneuver works even better than expected... and then all heck breaks loose.
    Elemental's tough "skin" explodes, cutting everyone nearby... Ophelia suddenly reappears, and... attacks... Nixie? At that point, Puck just has no idea anymore...what she knows is, they need to catch a breath.
    Jumping in front of the elemental, she raises her hands and demonstratively puts her hammer down. "Hey big guy!" she calls out, "Let's slow down, OK? I enjoyed our dance so far, but from now on, someone will get hurt. Like, seriously hurt... You don't want that, do you? I don't think so... I think..." she bit her lip and tilted her head, thinking hard, "I honestly do'nt know, but..." a look around, asking for the others' help, "What are you even trying to do? It's not just a destruction..."
    Show
    Convince Someone - getting the Elemental to calm down: 2d6+2 = 11

Extended signature

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Fae Nixie
    HP: 3 / 12
    XP: 2 / 6
    Conditions:
    Enfeebled
    Nixie shoots through the elementals calf, exploding out the other side as it's armor shatters behind her. Nixie barely has enough time to somersault back onto her feet before Ophelia's beam hit her square in the face, blinding her momentarily as she instinctively lashes out at the attacker.

Nixie blinks the afterimage out of her eyes to find Ophelia on the other end of her ribbon... And after a few more test blinks at Ophelia's stunned face, jumps back between Puck and Pyx feeling equally stunned and confused. What was that all about???

Her wonder is broken when Puck drops her hammer and approaches the mass of vines, watching Puck's suddenly volatile situation in case she needs to intervene, whispering, "Hey like, be careful..."
    Show
    My Moves

Move:
    Standing in Defense of Puck
    Rolling 2d6+0 for 5, Failure. (No idea what this is gonna mean!)
    Gaining 1 XP.

Plan:
    Come what may!