New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default personal weapon augmentation question

im playing a warforged artificer and ive got a question about the personal weapon augmentation...if i give my slam attack construct bane, does this effect me in any way? i dont have any of the books right now, so i cant really look it up myself
    "'Lo, there do I see my father. 'Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers. 'Lo, there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning. 'Lo, they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them. In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever."

-The 13th Warrior

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: personal weapon augmentation question

It doesn't, just like if you give a gauntlet fiery it doesn't hurt the wielder at all.
    Member of a fanclub.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

yeah but a gauntlet is different than using a part of your body...and, though i might be mistaken, doesnt a bane weapon give a negative level to a creature using a weapon of their bane?

ex: goblin using a goblin bane mace

i could be, and more than likely am, wrong...but i dont have the book in front of me at the moment so i have no idea
    "'Lo, there do I see my father. 'Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers. 'Lo, there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning. 'Lo, they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them. In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever."

-The 13th Warrior

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

it wont hurt you unless you actualy start hitting yourself, i would recomend you against doing that...
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Bane weapons

No mention of negative levels; Holy/Unholy and Anarchic/Axiomatic do that, but not Bane. The only bad thing that could happen is if your character has an older brother who makes him hit himself...

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Nope, it doesn't. There are several instances where it makes perfect sense for a race to widely manufacture and wield bane weapons that would work against their own type. Dragonborn with dragonbane weapons, drow with elfbane weapons...

... demons could get a ton of use out of evil outsider-bane weapons, between the Blood War and their own eternal infighting...
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

whew, alright thanks for clearing that up

-The 13th Warrior