New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [DnD5E-IC]Adventures in the Borderlands, Chapter 0

Quote Originally Posted by truemane View Post
    "Sharpscale Tribe not forget."
    "Good luck-and be safe," Heart offers to the departing kobolds.

With the others talking of looting the keep, she chuckles a bit. "Perhaps we should also do our best to tidy the place up, so the good Duke has a clean arrival," she adds. "As for a second-in-command... Afraid not. But one can hope that the Sharpscales won't be so nasty with the gnoll gone. Anyhow, we've work to do."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Given my best roll is Persuasion or Deception, I'm going to PERSUADE THE KEEP to reveal its secrets! :P

Jokes aside, I'd assume Investigation is the best check to roll here. I've got a +2, but will happily Help anyone with a better roll to find any good secrets. Heart will also do her best to tidy up-not an easy thing for her, as she's naturally messy, but she's trying to make a good impression.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

2. - Top - End - #152
    Archmage in the Playground Moderator

Even though it has mostly fallen to ruin, the Keep was once a large, sprawling, complex structure covering most of the flat top of the rocky hill. The Kobolds had only occupied a small portion of it. Aside from Olvirk's throne room and the rattery in the basement, there were four barracks-style guard's quarters, two larger and more luxurious bedchambers, one large storeroom and three small storerooms, and a number of smaller alcoves and enclaves and corners into which things had been tucked or stuffed or hidden.

Cleaning the Keep entire would be a job for dozens of people over the course of months.

However, this part that the kobolds have occupied was in fact very messy. And could be tidied with some effort.

Arabella and Skia pair off to investigate the larger rooms (throne room, bedchambers, storerooms).

And, looking to clean a bit as they go, Heart and Vincent pair off to check the smaller rooms (barracks, small storerooms, and the various random caches).

Show
    Each pair please give me one Investigation and one Perception check. The same person can't make both rolls, but they can both be made at Advantage. And give me an idea in your post the kinds of places you're looking, where you're spending your time and effort, any special or particular efforts you go to.

Feel free to RP a bit while you look, but I'll be looking to wrap this up in a round or two of posting.

Good hunting!
    (Avatar by Cuthalion, who is great.)

3. - Top - End - #153
    Colossus in the Playground

Show
    I'll make the Investigation check, with Help from Vincent, and Vincent can make the Perception, with Help from me.

(1d20+2)[3]
    (1d20+2)[13] Advantage

"So you said you're from an earlier expedition here? Were there more kobolds, then? Or more gnolls?" Heart asks as she searches and tidies.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

"Is the Duke nice?" Skía asked Arabella, turning over a pot.
    Spoiler: Rollz
    Show

Inv (1d20+4)[7]
    Per (1d20+6)[7]

Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #155
    Bugbear in the Playground

Arabella clearly doesn't seem to know quite what to make of her newest companion yet but undertakes a search of the keep with Skia's assistance nonetheless.

"I don't know her personally," she replies. "By reputation, she is an intelligent, honorable and determined woman." She picks up a wooden chair to straighten it only for a leg to fall off. Grimacing faintly, she puts the rest back down a little more out of the way. "She means to re-establish her stewardship of these lands, though, that much is clear. I cannot say how favourably she will greet your... proposal."

Show
    Perception check: (1d20-1)[9]
    Investigation check: (1d20+2)[10]

6. - Top - End - #156
    Archmage in the Playground Moderator

ARABELLA AND SKIA
    The two investigate the two more bedchambers and the throne room. In the shaman's bedchamber they find three scrolls that contain arcane writings. In Olvirk's bedchamber they find a small cache of potions. And on the body of the great gnoll they find a ring of exquisite make and encrusted with small spikes of a dull grey metal. The ring is very warm to the touch.

HEART AND VINCENT
    Tidying as they, the catfolk and the elf poke into every corner and nook and cranny they can find. They uncover a few small pouches and boxes of coins, a few gems, one large finely wrought gold statue of a wyvern in an attack stance, and a very finely made dagger, encased in a fine leather sheath. Once removed the edges glow slightly red. The light brightens considerably when the held by the hilt, or when the point comes close to a living being.

Show

VINCE AND ARABELLA
    1. Scroll of Thornwhip, scroll of Chill Touch, scroll of Alarm
    2. Potion of Healingx3, Potion of Greater Healingx3
    3. Ring of Tyranny, requires attunement , grants Advantage on Intimidation Checks for anyone a smaller size than you, or anyone who has sworn an oath to you.

HEART AND SKIA
    1. 100 gold pieces, 230 silver pieces
    2. One pouch containing 6 small gemstones (worth 10 gp each)
    3. One art object worth 250 gp
    4. One Dagger +1

Everyone:
    Please advance to 2nd level.

END OF CHAPTER 0!
    Last edited by truemane; 2021-04-11 at 01:31 PM.
    (Avatar by Cuthalion, who is great.)