New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

RA was suggesting that the plenty should kill Valmark, which wouldn't have made much of a difference since Valmark ended up lightning bolting his own face anyway. It's also arguably the wrong move, because shooting a townie means that (if plenty had been active) Valmark would have had to collaborate with the remaining townie to avoid being hanged by the remaining aliens the next day, and would have had to pull off the greatest collab of all time before the aliens both voted to lynch either one of them.

As for being forced into playing town... yeah, unfortunately, that's pretty much mandatory to make a town. The only way I changed the cards from where they were dealt was that if any player had two of the same scumteam, or both the survivor card and the serial killer card (the latter didn't come up), the offending cards are shunted to someone else.

Also, I might get rid of the innocent-looking role. We're currently 2 for 2 on fake IC reveals and 0 for 2 on real ones, spy is boring, and no-one's actually played a psychotrooper yet (not that they had a chance this game).

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Can we keep a way to self-smite? That was fun :p

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, there were two wolves fighting, one a wolf, one a space wolf. Which one wins? The... neither. Neither of them.
    Butchered metaphors aside, I HAVE BEEN AVENGED!
    And can I congratulate Vecna on a town game well played in rooting out someone who might otherwise have slipped under the radar.

Okay, I guess Caoimhin’s name WASN’T red.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Did anyone notice that I was essentially DM-verified as Town early on?

Below is something I was going to post, but Unavenger asked me not to use their typos to mess up the game.
    ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    JeenLeen pointed out that I had some uncooked copypasta in my OP. No, townies did not get the info - the info that was previously listed in the OP - this game, because I couldn't be bothered to include it this time, basically.
    As Unavenger has stated this publicly with my name noted on it, I will monopolize on it to state that I pointed out the "this is what Town get for fakeclaim" copypaste in the opening post was "uncooked" (e.g., not accurate). Meaning I knew it was false, e.g., knew at least one Townie did not get that info. Meaning I am Town.

This is what I was referring to when I wrote
    Might say more, but want to confirm something with Unavenger in QT first.
    Basically, I was going to ask Caerulea if she got the declared Townie text or not. If she said she did, I'd know she was lying about being did. But that seemed unfair and taking advantage of a typo, so I asked Unavenger about it first.

...I guess it's a touch unfair for me to monopolize on what Unavenger wrote, but I figure most anyone who really thinks through the implications and realizes what was edited-out would make the same conclusion, so I don't feel bad stating it explicitly.

Here's hoping there's actually other Town in the game
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2020-11-24 at 08:49 AM.

5. - Top - End - #335

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Did anyone notice that I was essentially DM-verified as Town early on?

Below is something I was going to post, but Unavenger asked me not to use their typos to mess up the game.
    ---

As Unavenger has stated this publicly with my name noted on it, I will monopolize on it to state that I pointed out the "this is what Town get for fakeclaim" copypaste in the opening post was "uncooked" (e.g., not accurate). Meaning I knew it was false, e.g., knew at least one Townie did not get that info. Meaning I am Town.

This is what I was referring to when I wrote

Basically, I was going to ask Caerulea if she got the declared Townie text or not. If she said she did, I'd know she was lying about being did. But that seemed unfair and taking advantage of a typo, so I asked Unavenger about it first.

...I guess it's a touch unfair for me to monopolize on what Unavenger wrote, but I figure most anyone who really thinks through the implications and realizes what was edited-out would make the same conclusion, so I don't feel bad stating it explicitly.

Here's hoping there's actually other Town in the game
    I would point out that any faction could have worked that out easily, because the info came from the role descriptions (of the 3-6 roles you can pick from) so everybody who was at least offered town could work out that it was missing, and anyone else who understood what the info meant... yeah, it wasn't as open-and-shut as you might think by a long, long shot.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Alien QT if anyone wants it, there isn't all that much in there
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

7. - Top - End - #337

WolfInSheepsClothing

Also, the mafia QT is here.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Also, the mafia QT is here.
    I will never open one of your links while drinking anymore.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

rogue_alchemist's game has opened the recruitment.

Well, they opened the recruitment for their game, but you understood.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-11-25 at 11:48 PM.