New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

thanks for the claims update, I forgot that/missed it with my COVID scare. Well that makes PoR all the more suspicious then, they admit to being an RB and visited me after my town claim and haven't been super active during the day, so seems pretty much open/closed.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry but I've not been feeling good all day (still not being great) so I probably won't post anything until tomorrow that requires thinking.

I'm removing my vote from Caoimhin since a first reading doesn't show anything that stands out and I don't want my vote to weight in when I'm not feeling good enough, probably tomorrow I'll re-read everything and commit.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sorry for not posting for a while, been busy with real life. I targeted Xihirli N2, didn’t block anyone N3. So there must be a mindslaver, perhaps plenty could be.

4. - Top - End - #274

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    I'm town universal backup turned town watcher. ... As for my results:

Night 1: No one visited JeenLeen
    Night 2: Captain Cap and PartyOfRogues visited rogue_alchemist.
    Night 3: NO RESULT
    Quote Originally Posted by PartyOfRouges View Post
    Sorry for not posting for a while, been busy with real life. I targeted Xihirli N2, didn’t block anyone N3. So there must be a mindslaver, perhaps plenty could be.

So, I literally saw you visit rogue_alchemist Night 2.

5. - Top - End - #275

AssassinGuy

Mindslaver redirects

Edit:
    Alien Mindslaver: Once per night, you can choose a player. That player's ability is blocked this night. You may activate their ability by attempting to choose a new target for it. If you choose a valid target, you use their ability on that target. You send that player to visit their target, not yourself. If you target the Strongman, their chosen kill is Strong but the kill you send them to make is not Strong. If you target the Fanatic, their conversion IS Fanatical.
    Last edited by PartyOfRogues; 2020-11-18 at 02:38 PM.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Not that I believe PoR, but... would you know if you've been Mindslaved?
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.

7. - Top - End - #277

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    would you know if you've been Mindslaved?
    Yes if you had an investigative or tracking role, as it reports the target's name. Killing, protective and roleblocking do not report the target's name, although - particularly for killing - you might be able to work it out.

EDIT: For what it's worth (it isn't), cultist conversions report the target's name on a failure, and fanatics do know who they've killed as well. Not that it's relevant this game, naturally.
    Last edited by Unavenger; 2020-11-18 at 02:54 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278

I guess that could make sense, but we have literally seen no other evidence of mind-slaving. No one else has complained that their powers gave them the wrong results. As a role locker what kind of feedback do you get when you visit your target? I feel like this is a week attempt to get heat off of them, but I will listen

9. - Top - End - #279

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    As a role [b]locker what kind of feedback do you get when you visit your target?
    None whatsoever.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    I guess that could make sense, but we have literally seen no other evidence of mind-slaving. No one else has complained that their powers gave them the wrong results. As a role locker what kind of feedback do you get when you visit your target? I feel like this is a week attempt to get heat off of them, but I will listen
    Seconded there. I'd be more inclined to believe it if others had mentioned having Mindslaver-related difficulties, but this strikes me as a "I roleblocked the WW (or tried to), so I'm not evil" kind of stratagem.

11. - Top - End - #281

Quote Originally Posted by PartyOfRouges View Post
    Mindslaver redirects

Edit:
    Alien Mindslaver: Once per night, you can choose a player. That player's ability is blocked this night. You may activate their ability by attempting to choose a new target for it. If you choose a valid target, you use their ability on that target. You send that player to visit their target, not yourself. If you target the Strongman, their chosen kill is Strong but the kill you send them to make is not Strong. If you target the Fanatic, their conversion IS Fanatical.
    So instead of Mindslaving the investigative role so they could get an Investigation result, they chose to get your roleblocking ability?

I mean, it is possible for this to work with what I saw but it seems weird.

I don't mind the vote on plenty though, since they haven't spoken up today yet. But I'm not going to clear PoR at the moment.

Also noting that if PoR was mindslaved we're up to:
    • Cao and rogue_alchemist being blocked last night
    • PoR maybe blocked last night?
    • PoR as a separate roleblocker.

That feels like it doesn't add up. There could be that many role blockers?

12. - Top - End - #282

Just poking the thread. I don't feel great that we're all on board with PoR? Feels like the lynch is too easy but I don't have anything else to go on.

Any last minute comments anyone has?

13. - Top - End - #283
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

It might be possible that we only have one WW and one Alien left. It also might be possible that one faction has a huge voting block and we're being suckered. Regardless of how PoR flips, anyone who lives to tomorrow should probably give a claim, so that we can decide who the alien vig is.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

I'm alive!

Kinda looks weird PoR didn't roleblock anybody N3, doesn't it? Their defense looks bad enough to vote them but... There are already 4 votes if I saw correctly, so I doubt that would matter.

I'll throw a vote on plenty (which would be the second one) who hasn't shown up at all, for the good it'll do.

Sorry for not having been around until now.

15. - Top - End - #285

If we have a faction with 3 people, it'll come down to night kills an whether the factions hit each other. I'm pretty sure PoR is a roleblocker, regardless of alignment, so we'll have at least the Alien killer to deal with.

PoR's defense does nothing to make me want to change my vote. Hopefully plenty will be around tomorrow to engage, especially if we have two kills in the night.

16. - Top - End - #286

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Kinda looks weird PoR didn't roleblock anybody N3, doesn't it?
    Especially with all these people who allegedly got blocked.

17. - Top - End - #287

WolfInSheepsClothing

DAY 4 END

Valmark voted PLENTY
    The Outsider voted PARTYOFROGUES
    PartyOfRogues voted PLENTY
    Captain Cap voted PARTYOFROGUES
    rogue_alchemist voted PARTYOFROGUES
    CaomhinTheCape voted PARTYOFROGUES
    plenty REFUSED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CORRUPT INSTITUTION OF DEMOCRACY.

Plenty recieved 2 votes.
    PartyOfRogues recieved 4 votes.
    One person refused to participate in the corrupt institution of democracy.

PartyOfRogues died today. He was hanged. PartyOfRogues' role was werewolf roleblocker.

NIGHT 4 START

The night will end at 18:00, 21/11/2020
    Last edited by Unavenger; 2020-11-20 at 07:57 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288

WolfInSheepsClothing

NIGHT 4 END
    Another day, another dead. The poor, innocent Outsder is dead from a werewolf attack.

The Outsider died today. They were clawed to death. The Outsider's role was Town Innocent Child.

DAY 5 START

19. - Top - End - #289

Alright.

We have at least 1 Wolf and at least 1 Alien (Killer).

Alien kill didn't go off so either we have another roleblocker or Captain Cap made the save.

@rogue_alchemist, what info did you get last night?

We also got Valmark and plenty without claims yet.

Not going to reveal my results yet since I want to hear what other people say they did first.

- - - Updated - - -

To add on, I know that Captain Cap is not the Alien Killer (saw him visit rogue_alchemist Night 2 when the Alien killer got gac). Neither is rogue_alchemist (saw him get blocked Night 2 when Aliens got that kill).

So it's Valmark or Plenty
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2020-11-21 at 01:44 PM. Reason: typos

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

I'm betting that CC didn't protect the target but rather that the alien vigilante didn't kill.

Plenty hasn't been online since before the end of Day 4, so couldn't have known the Night started- if we assume there is only one more alien, at least.

And in general it would be great to see something from them.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually wait, @Unavenger: do the various factions get a message in their chats on when the phase changes?

Although still seems a good bet, since plenty wouldn't have known who died if any (although that PoR died seemed obvious).

In addition, I just don't like that they were addressed, saw it and ignored (like apogee1 did until next day and turned out SK).

21. - Top - End - #291

Why are we assuming that the Alien wouldn't kill? I don't see any reason for them not to?

Valmark, do you want to claim any actions last night?

We know it's at least 1 of each, but 3 Aliens or Wolves would mean game over. I'm also very much jumping to conclusions based on my posts yesterday but I'll save those for now.

22. - Top - End - #292

SwashbucklerGuy

To add on, I know that Captain Cap is not the Alien Killer (saw his visit rogue_alchemist Night 2 when the Alien killer got gac). Neither is rogue_alchemist (saw him get blocked Night 2 when Aliens of that kill).

So it's Valmark or Plenty
    • CaoihminTheCape is Town
    • rogue_alchemist is Town or Alien
    • plenty is Town or Alien (or PartyOfRogues wouldn't have tried to lynch him yesterday)

If I'm Town (and I'm Town), Valmark is the only possible Werewolf and plenty is the Alien Killer.

The question is: which of them should we execute today to better ensure our victory?
    Last edited by Captain Cap; 2020-11-21 at 01:52 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Why are we assuming that the Alien wouldn't kill? I don't see any reason for them not to?

Valmark, do you want to claim any actions last night?

We know it's at least 1 of each, but 3 Aliens or Wolves would mean game over. I'm also very much jumping to conclusions based on my posts yesterday but I'll save those for now.
    I'm not assuming that the alien wouldn't kill, I'm betting that the alien didn't- this would be helped by the fact that plenty wasn't online.

Also are we sure CC couldn't have lied about being a baner? I don't remember if there were an hard proof about that.
    Note that I don't think CC lied, just asking wether we are sure of it or not.

And no, I don't think I'd like to claim an action (for now at least). Although I wonder if TO was killed by the werewolves because of a lack of claim.

24. - Top - End - #294

WolfInSheepsClothing

Actually wait, @Unavenger: do the various factions get a message in their chats on when the phase changes?
    Yes, but I haven't been as consistent with them as I should have been. WW/Maf/Cult should get "It is now DAY. You cannot talk during the DAY." at the end of each night, whereas aliens just get "It is now DAY." I haven't been doing it consistently though.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Yes, but I haven't been as consistent with them as I should have been. WW/Maf/Cult should get "It is now DAY. You cannot talk during the DAY." at the end of each night, whereas aliens just get "It is now DAY." I haven't been doing it consistently though.
    Yup, I'm more convinced now since plenty wouldn't have been told in the QT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    • CaoihminTheCape is Town
    • rogue_alchemist is Town or Alien
    • plenty is Town or Alien (or PartyOfRogues wouldn't have tried to lynch him yesterday)

If I'm Town (and I'm Town), Valmark is the only possible Werewolf and plenty is the Alien Killer.

The question is: which of them should we execute today to better ensure our victory?
    Only saying that you are Town isn't much- we do know you aren't an Alien Protective (since you would have stopped Caoimhin from tracking ra) but as far as I can recall we have no hard proof of anything else (I could be wrong).

26. - Top - End - #296

SwashbucklerGuy

Note that I don't think CC lied, just asking wether we are sure of it or not.
    If you were Town, you wouldn't hesitate to accuse me of lying, given I would be the only possible Werewolf.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

If you were Town, you wouldn't hesitate to accuse me of lying, given I would be the only possible Werewolf.
    All I can say is that you aren't Alien Protective- I have no way to know wether you are a Protective or not.

- - - Updated - - -

If anything, debating wether you are a werewolf or not when I was asking there wether you are Protective or not is suspicious.

28. - Top - End - #298

SwashbucklerGuy

All I can say is that you aren't Alien Protective- I have no way to know wether you are a Protective or not.
    The point is: if you're Town, who's the Werewolf?

- - - Updated - - -

If anything, debating wether you are a werewolf or not when I was asking there wether you are Protective or not is suspicious.
    Suspicious for not repeating what I've already said? That I am Town Protective?
    Given I'm not Innocent-Looking, it's not in my power to prove the claim, so there's nothing else I can say.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, if I'm lying I'm the Werewolf, so debating about it is pretty on point.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

The point is: if you're Town, who's the Werewolf?

- - - Updated - - -

Suspicious for not repeating what I've already said? That I am Town Protective?
    Given I'm not Innocent-Looking, it's not in my power to prove the claim, so there's nothing else I can say.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, if I'm lying I'm the Werewolf, so debating about it is pretty on point.
    Given the fact that PoR could have done distancing before death there could be one werewolf and that could be them- plenty wasn't in real danger so PoR could have voted them easily. And it could be plenty AND somebody else even. With someone else being an alien.

And suspicious because you replied to the part where I asked if you were Protective with an unrelated accusation.

So no, things aren't as clear cut as you're putting them down unless I'm unaware of something.

30. - Top - End - #300

SwashbucklerGuy

I just noticed something interesting: aside from plenty (who seems to be inactive), you're the only one who didn't vote PartyOfRogues yesterday.