Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 339
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    I forgot about this, apologies.

    NIGHT 1 ENDS

    - - - Updated - - -

    You wake up to find that there's a dead alien in the centre of the town. This shocking revelation is only compounded by two things: one, the claw marks indicating a sign of death, and two, that this person is one of your number. Elenna is recognisable by her clothes, but she turns out to have been an alien, sent here to research the ways of humans to assist the invaders.

    Elenna died tonight. She was clawed to death. Elenna's role was alien researcher.

    DAY 2 STARTS
    Last edited by Unavenger; 2020-11-09 at 03:18 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    Really? Oh suuuuuure, the player who just happened to be calling you out for a ton of bad looks is actually the problematic one. Totally legit. Clearly, voiding me was a good choice, since it prevented the NK from going through. Oh wait, it didn't.

    Didn't even draw a kill power or a non-town faction in the first place, I couldn't kill somebody even if I tried. Sure, there's theoretically a mafia as well as a wolf faction, but there wasn't a second kill...and certainly my power didn't interfere in anything. I'm inclined to think either we don't have a mafia, or we have a mafia that has been dealt an extremely poor hand this game (if you'll pardon the pun).

    Very skeptical about JeenLeen now, not sure I like the EoN "if I die" note that immediately got fake-walked-back just in case - I've done things like that as wolf to look more town, but it's not often an actual townie does a last-minute thing like that.

    AvatarVecna
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2020-11-10 at 07:26 PM.


    Currently Recruiting: Nothing currently. Maybe come sign up?

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    And... well, I guess I might actually change my action. If AV is Town, then voiding does no good. If AV is a baddie, then at least one of her faction likely saw this and has been able to respond.
    And maybe I'll just give up on these 'if I die' things. They feel fun and witty to do, but too much work and I know, as a narrator, I don't like the pressure of the cutoff mattering exactly when it is set up.

    Hope somebody quotes this to see the white-text. Didn't actually change my action. Hoping to throw the wolves off if AV is a wolf.
    For what it's worth, I did void AV.
    And with reading some things as "maybe she is a Survivor"... all that translates just as well to Serial Killer. And just one death last night. So if she Mafia (if any exist), Serial Killer, or just other baners/voided interfered with NKs?

    So let's see, AvatarVecna.
    Though, um, if any Townie decided not to be the Serial Killer and wants to vindicate AV, please feel free.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Very skeptical about JeenLeen now, not sure I like the EoN "if I die" note that immediately got fake-walked-back just in case - I've done things like that as wolf to look more town, but it's not often an actual townie does a last-minute thing like that.
    My biggest time doing that was as Town Snape in the Harry Potter. Though I think I did do it at least once as wolf, too. So, yeah, good point, but pointing out I've done it at least once as town.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2020-11-10 at 10:33 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    My understanding was that one of the arguments for me being Surivivor was that I said I doubt the Survivor claim despite a lack of a counterclaim. That's a decent argument for you purporting that I'm Survivor, but unlike what you just said, it's not an equally strong argument for me being a Serial Killer. "AV doubts the Survivor claim without evidence, therefore they're the Serial Killer" isn't really logical.


    Currently Recruiting: Nothing currently. Maybe come sign up?

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    Hmmm. Alright. Things we know:

    Mafia may not exist.
    If they do exist they were blocked/their victim was saved.
    Werewolf faction is active in this game.
    Alien faction is or was active in the game.
    Aliens have info on whoever Elenna investigated last night.
    If Aliens have a Vigilante they were blocked/victim protected.
    If Aliens have a Mindslaver they did not pick someone with a kill.
    IF SK is in the game, they were blocked/their victim was protected.

    JeenLeen blocked Avatar Vecna.
    Apogee claimed Survivor.



    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Really? Oh suuuuuure, the player who just happened to be calling you out for a ton of bad looks is actually the problematic one. Totally legit. Clearly, voiding me was a good choice, since it prevented the NK from going through. Oh wait, it didn't.
    Alien Vigilante/Mindslaver and Mafia could have had kills tonight. If we assume you're one of those factions, JeenLeen's block could have prevented a kill.


    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I'm inclined to think either we don't have a mafia, or we have a mafia that has been dealt an extremely poor hand this game (if you'll pardon the pun).
    I'll agree on this point. We see 3 Mafia cards were publicly discarded and I already claimed that I took the back half of a Mafia card. Mafia wasn't a popular pick last game and if there were more town cards this game we probably have no mafia or a small one.




    AvatarVecna, I definitely can't doubt your dedication to voting yourself but I'm skeptical of how self voting today helps find anyone. I have my own suspicions but I'd rather see you voting someone else.



    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Wow, I missed a lot. Sorry, everyone.
    But on the plus side, I've LOTS to tell you tomorrow morn!
    I'm holding off my vote until I see what Xihirli has to say, but again I have my suspicions. Hopefully will have time this afternoon/evening for a reread and some more reads on people.





    Vote Count:
    AvatarVecna (2): AvatarVecna, JeenLeen


    Not Voting: Valmark, The Outsider, PartyOfRogues, gac3, Xihirli, Captain Cap, rogue_alchemist, Apogee1, CaoimhinTheCape, Zelphas, plenty

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    So, uhm, AvatarVecna, is there an actual plan to lynching you? I feel like that's a legitimate question on D2.

    Also Apogee1, the same question from D1- why not claim earlier if you are the one role nobody really cares of wanting dead?
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-11-09 at 07:36 PM.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Nothing currently recruiting.


  7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    Proving my words regarding JeenLeen to be truthfully meant in good faith. No true plan beyond that. Perhaps.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2020-11-09 at 04:43 PM.


    Currently Recruiting: Nothing currently. Maybe come sign up?

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    Spoiler: Analyzing Elenna
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Vague pondering - if someone discards a non-town card, that instinctively seems like it should mean they're more likely to be town. But based on the previous game, the vast majority of people will pick non-town factions. So people probably won't be townies unless they drew three town cards, which implies they would have discarded town. So maybe people who discarded non-town are more likely to be non-town? Thoughts?

    Based on the above I guess I'll randomly pick Captain Cap among the three who discarded non-town. It's definitely not much to go on, but better than a pure random vote I guess?

    Elenna gives a bit of a reason for voting Captain Cap, JeenLeen, and Valmark. Probably means that none of them are aliens with Elenna?


    Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna
    Yes, but there were three mafia discards and no werewolf discards, so I figure the werewolf faction is probably larger and therefore a bigger threat. I mean, it's possible that a bunch of people got werewolf cards and took the role off those cards instead of the faction, but it seems more likely that most of the people who got werewolf cards chose to be weeewolves.
    Does this seem shady to anyone else? Like one evil faction indirectly shifting attention to another? I could be misreading it, but it feels shady to me.
    I'm thinking Outsider is unlikely Alien? Don't see any reason for an ally to add suspicion to Elenna at this point?

    Also, weeewolves.



    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Hmm I kinda see JeenLeen's argument that voting a new player isn't very useful when you know that new players very rarely get voted off D1, so it could maybe be good distancing?
    ...
    So, eh, I see what Jeen is going for but IMO it's an even weaker argument than Jeen thinks it is.

    Anyways, definitely not voting for Apogee now, I don't want to have one huge wagon just based on a weak argument. Better to have multiple competing wagons D1 for future analysis.

    The speed of the wagon springing up is definitely weird, and it makes me a little more inclined to trust Apogee, although much less than I would be in a game with only one evil faction. Still, it makes sense that someone in a non-town faction might want Apogee to be lynched as an easy target. The Apogee votes are as follows:
    • Early D1, PartyOfRouges votes Apogee based on RNG
    • Later, Apogee votes Zelphas for discarding investigative.
    • Zelphas responds with an OMGUS vote
    • Jeen accuses Apogee and Zelphas of being aliens together, and votes Apogee
    • Xihirli jumps on the Apogee wagon to "see where it goes"
    • Outsider jumps on the Apogee wagon because "We don't really have anything better to go on"



    So it's really only Xi and Outsider who could be voting because they needed an easy excuse to jump on a wagon. I'm not seeing any particular difference between them tone-wise, but tbh I'm not very good at judging people's tone.
    I'd be down to switch to either Xi or Outsider if other people are interested.

    So I'll move my vote to Caerulea. Let's see what happens with a second three-vote wagon, I guess.
    So, this post was in defense of Apogee, and publicly asking if anyone wants to vote Xihirli or Outsider. At this point in the day, I don't think it's distancing.

    Vote for Caerulea but now we know they aren't on a team.



    TL;DR Based on Elenna's posts and others posting about her I think it's unlikely that Outsider or Xihirli are Aliens. Elenna threw shade on Valmark, Captain Cap, and JeenLeen early on but that has a better possibility of distancing. It's possible she was looking to protect Apogee with a large post defending him.







    Vote Count:
    AvatarVecna (3): AvatarVecna, JeenLeen, Valmark


    Not Voting: The Outsider, PartyOfRogues, gac3, Xihirli, Captain Cap, rogue_alchemist, Apogee1, CaoimhinTheCape, Zelphas, plenty

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    So, uhm, AvatarVecna, is there an actual plan to lynching you? I feel like that's a legitimate question on D2.

    Also Apogee1, the same question from D1- why not claim earlier if you are the one role nobody really cares of wanting dead?
    I was debating this and just claiming early

    Especially considering how like, snowblaze last time ended up eating a strongman as the survivor n1.

    But like

    I kinda stumbled to the conclusion that claiming early probably? increases my chance of eating a kill in the end

    Because I only ever die by vote or strongman, and as we saw regardless of claim timing I wasn't getting voted. If I'm claimed survivor versus lowish poe non-mafia(wolf) slot I see more reasons why I might get strongmanned? Ideal imo would be like a d2/d3 claim once there is enough of a clear "lead" that for any faction killing me it hurts there chances

    Plus there was always the chance someone would have tried to fakeclaim and then I could have gone "haha, no, I am the survivor" which may or may not change my win percentage but would have been kinda fun

    - - - Updated - - -

    I don't really know what's going on with AV

    But the points regarding Jeen aren't bad I suppose

    Probably slightly concerning their the only wagon so far

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    I was debating this and just claiming early

    Especially considering how like, snowblaze last time ended up eating a strongman as the survivor n1.

    But like

    I kinda stumbled to the conclusion that claiming early probably? increases my chance of eating a kill in the end

    Because I only ever die by vote or strongman, and as we saw regardless of claim timing I wasn't getting voted. If I'm claimed survivor versus lowish poe non-mafia(wolf) slot I see more reasons why I might get strongmanned? Ideal imo would be like a d2/d3 claim once there is enough of a clear "lead" that for any faction killing me it hurts there chances

    Plus there was always the chance someone would have tried to fakeclaim and then I could have gone "haha, no, I am the survivor" which may or may not change my win percentage but would have been kinda fun

    - - - Updated - - -

    I don't really know what's going on with AV

    But the points regarding Jeen aren't bad I suppose

    Probably slightly concerning their the only wagon so far
    ...I don't get this. You know you aren't good to anybody dead and thus you think claiming makes you more likely to get targeted by a strongman?

    Also you were most definitely getting voted since people moved away afterwards- at least I seem to recall they did.

    Given that it's possible that you're an alien (Elenna defending you, could also mean Zelphas is depending on how you read it) I think you've claimed knowing somebody in your group drew the card and thus you know you can't be counterclaimed.

    As Caerulea said last Day phase- if it's wrong, we lose nobody. If it's true you likely aren't Town, unless you can prove it somehow?

    Apogee1 meanwhile.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Or gambled on the role people wouldn't really wan to kill.

    - - - Updated - - -

    ...faction, not role.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Nothing currently recruiting.


  11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    I'm gonna go ahead and join in on Apogee1. I honestly regret switching my vote off them last time, as the surv claim in retrospect seems like a desperate, last-minute gambit.

    I also have a lingering suspicion of JeenLeen, which I might go into later after I eat some food and my brain comes back online. Side note: Elenna was in fact an evil trying to direct attention to the other evils. I love being right.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Other side note: Looking forward to Xihirli's potential boatload of info.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Gonna temporarily retract that FoS, since a line that I thought came from JeenLeen actually came from Caoiminh. Instead, I'm going to compile a list of suspicious actions thus far:

    -JeenLeen: In addition to the points raised by AV, JeenLeen outright admitted that they would have been innocent-looking mafia given the chance. Not only that, but they lampshaded how weak their excuse was for giving up Innocent-Looking. This is admittedly weak since most people probably would do the same, but I'm noting it nonetheless.

    -AV: I'm with Caoiminh here, as I don't see how voting yourself helps anybody to attain info or catch evils. Also the comment about how "voiding me clearly didn't stop a night kill" despite the fact that there could be oh so many night kills in this game.

    -Caoiminh: It wasn't direct, but after I posited my theory about Elenna being an evil misdirecting attention, you basically responded with "You're right, but you could also be wrong and she does make a good point." You also said that it was less likely she was an alien, which is what she turned out to be. You could be a fellow alien covering for her, or I could be reading way too deep into things.

    -Xihirli: Existed. In all seriousness, it's very hard to tell how much of what you've said is a joke and how much isn't.

    Captain Cap: The only thing remotely sus they've done so far was cancel their vote on Caerulea despite said cancellation not changing the outcome. Could be an evil trying to look inno, could be a conflicted Townie.

    gac3/plenty/Zelphas/PoR/rogue_alchemist: Y'all have been very quiet, which is automatically sus in my book. Granted, some of you are new and I'm sure everyone has a life to manage. But still, more speech=good.

    Valmark: Has done absolutely nothing to get on my sus list thus far. Knowing my instincts, this probably means they're a wolf.
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.


  12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    Apogee and/or AvatarVecna, given the heat today, want to claim a Power? Anything from last night make that provable?

    I can see "no" as a legitimate answer for AV; if she's Town, she might want to keep her role secret for good reasons. But I can't see much reason for that with Apogee.

    ---

    I think the conclusion that Xi and The Outsider are not aliens is a sound conclusion.
    I want to keep my vote on AV (at least for now) to see if she says anything more with some votes on her, and having competing wagons gives more intel for analysis later on, but I respect those voting for Apogee. If he flips alien, we're probably close to eliminating the alien faction. (No idea how many there are, but in a game this small I reckon there's 3-4 max... though unsure how the Card mechanics influence variability.) We mislynched D1, but no bad NKs N1, so we're in a good position.
    If there is no serial killer and mafia (or we can keep them at bay for now*), maybe we can make this a town vs. werewolf game in a game meant to be a several-way fight. That should be a good winning position.

    *I kinda suspect there is at least one of those two, but its NK got negated via bane or void. Unless evidence lends strongly to another person being a baddie, I may do the same void N2 as I did N1.

    ---

    Actually, on the question of "how many Aliens could there be?"

    We have 4 people saying they had a Mafia card: three Narrator-confirmed discards, and Cao stating he used the power-side of a card. Did anyone else have a Mafia card?
    For balance purposes, it makes sense to me if the deck had the same number of cards for each faction. So maybe 4 werewolf, 4 mafia, and 4 alien. Hmm... but that would mean likely not many folk getting 3 Town cards, so maybe something like 3/3/4 or Cao is lying and it's 3/3/3.
    I could see Cao lying if he's an Alien or Werewolf trying to throw us off the scent.

    Hmm... I guess, from a gut sense of balance, it's likely there aren't MORE than 4 cards for each bad faction. Probably less, or less for some factions, unless some people got something like Town-Alien-Werewolf cards, or a lot less people got 3 Town cards than are claiming such. So I suspect 3-4 aliens total (including Elenna). I can see that being popular, as it's mechanically different from most games. Feeling 2-4 werewolves. 0-1 mafia.

    If anyone is Town and about to die, I strongly encourage you to state your cards to help us gain intel on enemy numbers.
    If anyone is not-Town and about to die, and feeling spiteful towards the other bad factions, you could also share.

    - - - Updated - - -

    As an a general reply to suspicion on me: I definitely get it. Some of my actions and words have looked shadey; some of it's I hadn't throught stuff through completely, part of it that I think I'm not as careful with my words when I'm Town since I'm not caring so much about covering my tracks. Since I don't have a defense beyond "well, I'm being honest" and I've already (mostly if not completely) stated my reasoning for why I've acted as I have, don't see much point in defending myself.

    I'll probably be off the forum a fair bit tomorrow due to a big work project, and I have a state holiday Wednesday... so might be a bit less online the rest of the Day than I usually am.

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    Oh, we started up again!

    Okay, my big announcement:

    There is no survivor.
    I drew that card, Apogee1 is lying, and since I didn't choose Survivor we are not playing with that role in the game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Though on a closer read, it looks like you guys already figured that out. So that was less of a helpful bit of knowledge than I thought it would be.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Oh, we started up again!

    Okay, my big announcement:

    There is no survivor.
    I drew that card, Apogee1 is lying, and since I didn't choose Survivor we are not playing with that role in the game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Though on a closer read, it looks like you guys already figured that out. So that was less of a helpful bit of knowledge than I thought it would be.
    Why didn't you reveal that Day 1, when doing so likely would have saved Caerulea?
    Though, even if Xihirli is lying, I can still see voting off Apogee to potentially learn something about what Xihirli isn't. E.g., if Apogee is werewolf, then Xi probably isn't.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Wow, I missed a lot. Sorry, everyone.
    But on the plus side, I've LOTS to tell you tomorrow morn!
    Oh. You were implying you were offline since Apogee claimed Survivor, and (for some reason) waiting until Day to reveal it.
    But why wait to reveal it until Day breaks?

    Stating it at night just makes it more likely a rival faction would take out Apogee. Yeah, it's info that could help the baddies, but only in a way that helps the Town. That is, assuming Apogee is a baddie, which seems likely if you're telling the truth.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    So that whatever faction Apogee was in didn't kill me out of spite, mostly.

    But yeah, his late-day save was missed by me.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    gac3/plenty/Zelphas/PoR/rogue_alchemist: Y'all have been very quiet, which is automatically sus in my book. Granted, some of you are new and I'm sure everyone has a life to manage. But still, more speech=good.
    I can see how that would look suspicious. I'm naturally a quiet person and I haven't really had much to add.

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    cool Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Proving my words regarding JeenLeen to be truthfully meant in good faith. No true plan beyond that. Perhaps.
    Missed this. I see- although there is to say that Jeen does that basically at least once I game regardless of the faction, or at least so it looks from the games we were both in.

    No objection on the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Oh, we started up again!

    Okay, my big announcement:

    There is no survivor.
    I drew that card, Apogee1 is lying, and since I didn't choose Survivor we are not playing with that role in the game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Though on a closer read, it looks like you guys already figured that out. So that was less of a helpful bit of knowledge than I thought it would be.
    Well, I didn't need another reason, but I'll take it.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Nothing currently recruiting.


  18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Tuscany, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Oh, we started up again!

    Okay, my big announcement:

    There is no survivor.
    I drew that card, Apogee1 is lying, and since I didn't choose Survivor we are not playing with that role in the game.
    Ok, let's go with Apogee1.

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by plenty View Post
    I can see how that would look suspicious. I'm naturally a quiet person and I haven't really had much to add.
    There's a reason we call wolves the Dark Spirits of the Silent.

    Spoiler: Oh wait that's this
    Show
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2020-11-10 at 09:10 AM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    gac3/plenty/Zelphas/PoR/rogue_alchemist: Y'all have been very quiet, which is automatically sus in my book. Granted, some of you are new and I'm sure everyone has a life to manage. But still, more speech=good.
    That makes sense; this game seems to be all about information, and so anyone who's miserly with their info feels suspicious immediately.

    I voted Apogee1 on Day 1 because I knew I needed to vote someone and I had no information to go on. Apogee1 voted me, and I thought that voting him back would be an easy, harmless vote that would qualify as participating in the round without throwing suspicion any particular way, as I learned what was going on. I misunderstood the sheer depth of the metagame, however, so that was a good learning experience for me.

    For this round... I'm going to vote AvatarVecna. The suspicions on Apogee1 make a lot of sense, but they aren't enough for me to double down on him, especially since my first-day vote had essentially no weight behind it. Plus, AvatarVecna seems somewhat unhappy with her role; if this is a ploy, I'll take it as another learning experience, I suppose.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2020-11-10 at 03:58 PM.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Tuscany, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    The suspicions on Apogee1 make a lot of sense, but they aren't enough for me to double down on him, especially since my first-day vote had essentially no weight behind it.
    So you have doubts about Xihirli's accusations, correct?

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    That makes sense; this game seems to be all about information, and so anyone who's miserly with their info feels suspicious immediately.

    I voted Apogee1 on Day 1 because I knew I needed to vote someone and I had no information to go on. Apogee1 voted me, and I thought that voting him back would be an easy, harmless vote that would qualify as participating in the round without throwing suspicion any particular way, as I learned what was going on. I misunderstood the sheer depth of the metagame, however, so that was a good learning experience for me.

    For this round... I'm going to vote AvatarVecna. The suspicions on Apogee1 make a lot of sense, but they aren't enough for me to double down on him, especially since my first-day vote had essentially no weight behind it. Plus, AvatarVecna seems somewhat unhappy with her role; if this is a ploy, I'll take it as another learning experience, I suppose.
    That's all reasonable. And just let me reassure you that the metagame can feel a bit overwhelming, but it's something you can learn after a couple games. At least, that's how I felt as a new player in my first games.

    But to explain a couple metagame points, and sorta state you still look Alien-y from this. Or like someone trying to protect Apogee while looking like it's not really trying to protect him.
    • it is reasonable and good to have competing wagons in order to gain more intel. So a vote on AV is a good thing in a sense.
    • But this does look like you making an attempt at protecting Apogee, which goes with the idea of you both being wolves


    I don't want to risk last-minute vote switches somehow saving Apogee, so Apogee1. (I know it's not last-minute, but i likely won't be online tomorrow much.)

    - - - Updated - - -

    An idea to throw out there: if Apogee flips Alien, we have good reason to suspect Zephas as Alien (maybe last Alien) as well. But would it be better to leave Zephas alive (e.g., not lynch) and hope one of the other baddie factions take him out, while we focus on the finding the ones who actually have a Night Kill?
    A lone Alien seems pretty harmless, at least until late game.

    But I've never played a game with aliens before, so I might be missing something.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    Xihirli

    This is easy

    Xihirli is maf/wolf or the SK

    I'm a survivor vig and shot her last night, unfortunately she didn't die (leading me to think SK is possible but having a wolf doc is too I guess)

    From all of your POVs claiming to discard survivor should be seen as a wolfclaim

    Because who takes town over survivor? Definitely not Xihirli

    - - - Updated - - -

    To clarify, Xihirli is claiming (falsely) to have received and discarded Survivor. This means Xihirli is NOT town like pretty obviously and I'm surprised no one else tumbled to this. But she's pretty much confirmed wolf/maf/alien from your perspectives

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    -Caoiminh: It wasn't direct, but after I posited my theory about Elenna being an evil misdirecting attention, you basically responded with "You're right, but you could also be wrong and she does make a good point." You also said that it was less likely she was an alien, which is what she turned out to be. You could be a fellow alien covering for her, or I could be reading way too deep into things.
    I mean, I still stand by what I said: We have to keep an eye on the different factions and make sure one doesn't get too strong. What I was trying to say that after Elenna's post saying Werewolves could be a big problem I figured she was Mafia deflecting blame or (the less likely scenario) she was Alien deflecting blame.

    Either way, I see how you got there. Not much for me to say other than I'm not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Okay, my big announcement:

    There is no survivor.
    That's what I thought you were going to say when you posted about big news. Good to have that confirmed.

    I'm inclined to believe this, since Xi is putting her neck on the line for this and if she's wrong she's immediately the target.

    @Apogee any response?


    Quote Originally Posted by plenty View Post
    I can see how that would look suspicious. I'm naturally a quiet person and I haven't really had much to add.
    Do you have any thoughts on what's been revealed today so far? Where do you stand on Apogee's Survivor claim vs Xihirli?







    Happy to join the wagon on Apogee1. I worry about having just the one wagon (plus the couple votes on AV) today, but I don't see any evidence against anyone else. Interested in Apogee's response and where his vote lands, plus we have a few people who haven't posted yet today so there may be more information coming in.




    Vote Count:
    AvatarVecna (2): AvatarVecna, Zelphas
    Apogee1 (6): Valmark, The Outsider, Xihirli, Captain Cap, JeenLeen, CaoimhinTheCape


    Not Voting: PartyOfRogues, gac3, rogue_alchemist, Apogee1, plenty

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    ...I don't get this. You know you aren't good to anybody dead and thus you think claiming makes you more likely to get targeted by a strongman?

    Also you were most definitely getting voted since people moved away afterwards- at least I seem to recall they did.

    Given that it's possible that you're an alien (Elenna defending you, could also mean Zelphas is depending on how you read it) I think you've claimed knowing somebody in your group drew the card and thus you know you can't be counterclaimed.

    As Caerulea said last Day phase- if it's wrong, we lose nobody. If it's true you likely aren't Town, unless you can prove it somehow?

    Apogee1 meanwhile.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Or gambled on the role people wouldn't really wan to kill.

    - - - Updated - - -

    ...faction, not role.
    Please see my later vig claim

    If I claimed survivor people were going to want me to claim my role. Being a vig means the bad factions kinda are really incentized to kill me at some point.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    So that whatever faction Apogee was in didn't kill me out of spite, mostly.

    But yeah, his late-day save was missed by me.
    Nah I shot you

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    I'm a survivor vig and shot her last night, unfortunately she didn't die (leading me to think SK is possible but having a wolf doc is too I guess)

    From all of your POVs claiming to discard survivor should be seen as a wolfclaim

    Because who takes town over survivor? Definitely not Xihirli

    - - - Updated - - -

    To clarify, Xihirli is claiming (falsely) to have received and discarded Survivor. This means Xihirli is NOT town like pretty obviously and I'm surprised no one else tumbled to this. But she's pretty much confirmed wolf/maf/alien from your perspectives

    If this is true, why didn't you claim your shot in your first post?

    Your point about Xihirli being more likely to take Survivor than Town makes sense, but it could both be true that you and Xihirli are both different evil factions. Xi doesn't get a free pass for this.

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    I mean, I still stand by what I said: We have to keep an eye on the different factions and make sure one doesn't get too strong. What I was trying to say that after Elenna's post saying Werewolves could be a big problem I figured she was Mafia deflecting blame or (the less likely scenario) she was Alien deflecting blame.

    Either way, I see how you got there. Not much for me to say other than I'm not.



    That's what I thought you were going to say when you posted about big news. Good to have that confirmed.

    I'm inclined to believe this, since Xi is putting her neck on the line for this and if she's wrong she's immediately the target.

    @Apogee any response?

    Take a look up one

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    If this is true, why didn't you claim your shot in your first post?

    Your point about Xihirli being more likely to take Survivor than Town makes sense, but it could both be true that you and Xihirli are both different evil factions. Xi doesn't get a free pass for this.
    Why would I?

    Again, I'm going to get strongmanned at some point now that I've claimed vig

    As much as you know, I don't want town to vote me off

    I'd rather reduce my chance of getting NKed as much as possible

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and join in on Apogee1. I honestly regret switching my vote off them last time, as the surv claim in retrospect seems like a desperate, last-minute gambit.
    Btw this is a maf/alien/wolf

    Rest of the post too

    Free assistance to the folks not in their faction

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    That's all reasonable. And just let me reassure you that the metagame can feel a bit overwhelming, but it's something you can learn after a couple games. At least, that's how I felt as a new player in my first games.

    But to explain a couple metagame points, and sorta state you still look Alien-y from this. Or like someone trying to protect Apogee while looking like it's not really trying to protect him.
    • it is reasonable and good to have competing wagons in order to gain more intel. So a vote on AV is a good thing in a sense.
    • But this does look like you making an attempt at protecting Apogee, which goes with the idea of you both being wolves


    I don't want to risk last-minute vote switches somehow saving Apogee, so Apogee1. (I know it's not last-minute, but i likely won't be online tomorrow much.)

    - - - Updated - - -

    An idea to throw out there: if Apogee flips Alien, we have good reason to suspect Zephas as Alien (maybe last Alien) as well. But would it be better to leave Zephas alive (e.g., not lynch) and hope one of the other baddie factions take him out, while we focus on the finding the ones who actually have a Night Kill?
    A lone Alien seems pretty harmless, at least until late game.

    But I've never played a game with aliens before, so I might be missing something.
    Btw focusing your solving around one of the factions in multiball is super indicative you are one of the other wolf factions in that game

    If I live today I'm vigging Jeen

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Tuscany, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    To clarify, Xihirli is claiming (falsely) to have received and discarded Survivor. This means Xihirli is NOT town like pretty obviously and I'm surprised no one else tumbled to this. But she's pretty much confirmed wolf/maf/alien from your perspectives
    Well, if she's lying we'll kill her tomorrow. Is not that town is going to lose much if we lynch you, Apogee1, if you're truly a Survivor; on the other hand we get useful intel either way.
    Last edited by Captain Cap; 2020-11-10 at 11:03 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    ...I don't get this. You know you aren't good to anybody dead and thus you think claiming makes you more likely to get targeted by a strongman?

    Also you were most definitely getting voted since people moved away afterwards- at least I seem to recall they did.

    Given that it's possible that you're an alien (Elenna defending you, could also mean Zelphas is depending on how you read it) I think you've claimed knowing somebody in your group drew the card and thus you know you can't be counterclaimed.

    As Caerulea said last Day phase- if it's wrong, we lose nobody. If it's true you likely aren't Town, unless you can prove it somehow?

    Apogee1 meanwhile.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Or gambled on the role people wouldn't really wan to kill.

    - - - Updated - - -

    ...faction, not role.
    Wanted to talk about this a little more

    1) Yes. See thing regarding vig

    More or less is this -> I claim survivor -> people (rightfully) will want me to claim an ability so I can be accounted for -> I claim vig -> since at least (to the thread at large) my shots would go onto people we thing were wolves (/maf/aliens) those factions would have reasons to kill me -> I get strongmanned

    Holding off of the claim can only help me

    Sure it's annoying for whichever ones of you are actually town, but since me winning depends on exactly me being alive, I have to be really careful with like percentages here.

    2) My point was that, as you saw, claiming survivor later in the day still kept me from getting voted off. So why shouldn't I have waited there as survivor considering it didn't change my odds of winning? Again, I'm happy to work with town (to an extent) and now shoot people who you think I should (since I've claimed vig) but still my priority is and remains my own survivor.

    3) Yeah I could be an alien theoretically

    But I'm not

    And after Xihirli and Jeen flip wolves of various flavors that should be kinda mostly clear

    4) My vig shot might indicate it is from a survivor? Actually yeah it should right! Just checked the recruitment thread and it will bet!!!

    Too bad Xihirli got docced or I got RB'ed or whatever

    I'm definitely going to get accused of this being convient

    Sigh

    I don't suppose anyone tracked me?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    Well, if she's lying we'll kill her tomorrow. Is not that town is going to lose much if we lynch you, Apogee1, if you're truly a Survivor; on the other hand we get useful intel either way.
    Yeah you actually lose quite a bit

    Don't you get more intel flipping confirmed wolf Xihirli

    - - - Updated - - -

    So as I just realized

    As a vig I can clear myself as survivor btw


    I'll accept a pool of

    "Apogee isn't this just another convient way for you to live another day"

    Well yes

    But like I genuinely just remembered this going through valmark's post

    And since I can IC (IS?) myself now this is great

    - - - Updated - - -

    that was supposed to be "I'll accept a pool of players we think are wolves to shoot in"

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Tuscany, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    Yeah you actually lose quite a bit
    But less than losing another town, that's for sure, and by lynching you there's no risk of making such mistake.

    Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    Don't you get more intel flipping confirmed wolf Xihirli
    Not if she flips town.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •