Captain Cap
    rogue_alchemist
    plenty
    The Outsider
    CaoimhinTheCape
    PartyOfRouges
    Xihirli
    Zelphas
    Why exactly is CC so high on that list? That seems to contrast with "Either both are scum or there's no way to be sure."
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Why exactly is CC so high on that list? That seems to contrast with "Either both are scum or there's no way to be sure."
    The "either..." comment was me clarifying what Zelphas got wrong about my presentation of the CC/RA section. It wasn't me stating my opinion on how each one leans, it was me pointing out what the possibilities are - if RA is scum, or CC is scum-innocent, it's likely the other is also scum (for the opposing scumteam), but if RA was just voided, we don't know either way about either of them.

CC and Valmark are placed higher in the list than I'd otherwise place them because they discarded scum-cards, although even if that weren't the case, Valmark would still be my best town lean.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    Thank you for clarifying. Both of those factors are tied into AV's explanation. From my reading of her analysis, it seemed that RA could be either scum-seer who scryed CC and found him as scum-innocent or Town-seer who was voided last night, and she seemed to be leaning towards the second option. CC, on the other hand, could either be scum-innocent who was scryed by RA (as either scum-seer or Town-seer), other scum who was scryed by a voided RA, or Town that was scryed by a voided RA. At the end, two out of the three options place CC as possible scum. The Outsider's reasoning was enough to tip my thoughts to vote CC in the end.
    --AvatarVecna points out that either Captain Cap is scum and rogue_alchemist is Town, or rogue_alchemist is scum and we know nothing about Captain Cap. She switches her vote to Captain Cap based on this.

Because of rogue_alchemist's claim of "No Result", AvatarVecna's explanation for what that could mean for roles, and The Outsider's initial comments on why he voted Captain Cap in the first place, I'm putting my vote on Captain Cap. I will be happy to switch my vote should new arguments or information come to light, but this is what seems to make the most sense to me given what I know at the moment.
    Both of these quotes are explaining Zelphas' reasoning for why they voted Captain Cap, but they don't fit together. One says voting CC because it's them or RA, and CC feels weirder. One says its a coinflip that RA is scum or town, while it's slightly more likely than coinflip that CC is town (assuming all possibilities are equally likely, which they are not).

AV1: "Here's my thoughts on RA/CC."

Z: "I'm voting CC cuz of [AV1]."

AV: "...that's not what I said tho. I said this."

V: "Walk me through why you're voting CC?"

Z: "Because of [AV2]."
    Like...it's not a good look. At all.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you for clarifying. Both of those factors are tied into AV's explanation. From my reading of her analysis, it seemed that RA could be either scum-seer who scryed CC and found him as scum-innocent or Town-seer who was voided last night, and she seemed to be leaning towards the second option. CC, on the other hand, could either be scum-innocent who was scryed by RA (as either scum-seer or Town-seer), other scum who was scryed by a voided RA, or Town that was scryed by a voided RA. At the end, two out of the three options place CC as possible scum. The Outsider's reasoning was enough to tip my thoughts to vote CC in the end.
    Uuuhm... Isn't there a contradiction?

First you say that AV said that RA could have been a non-Town scrier that scried a non-Town CC or a Town scrier that got voided.

Then you say that non-Town CC could have been scried by a Town RA which isn't among the previous options.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    I'd also like to hear Captain Cap's thoughts on ra's explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    Still not totally here like I hoped for this game. I knew being voided was an option, but I guess I got over excited thinking of the other possibilities along with the analysis and wagon that had started.
    There's just another possibility that makes me 100% scum and he's vagueness about it it's a bit in contrast with his previous analysis:
    Last night I attempted to investigate CaptainCap, but got no result. Seems like I was blocked or alien protector covered them. I don't remember another way to get "no result" specifically.
    Moreover, he seems to repeat AvatarVecna's point about being too excited: maybe AV was right or maybe RA is hiding behind the explanation given by one of the towniest around.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    RA gets excited thinking they've caught somebody who can't be scried, and doesn't realize that they shouldn't get that result unless they were voided.
    Putting this aside, the first part of the comment is the most compelling defense to me: real life can be distracting, especially in the situation he described, so it's plausible an error of assessment.
    However, before I revaluate my vote I'll have to update myself on all the stuff that happened in the meantime, especially regarding Zelphas.
    Last edited by Captain Cap; 2020-11-15 at 04:16 AM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Bugbear in the Playground

Imo they could have picked gac3 also because it reveals little to anybody- it could very well be that they decided to steer clear of any person that could relate to them.

In fact, I don't think they killed gac3 after investigating them- only a Town Investigative would have known they were a wolf without knowing they were powerless. If I was an alien and knew gac3 was a werewolf backup I would only kill them after I got some other wolf.

Although the opposite is true too- nip the Universal Backup before they have a chance to do anything. But personally I'd worry about the "pressing" threats.
    That's a good point that Aliens would know gac was a backup, so the shot against him was probably just to avoid detection.

2) Angel-dodging plain and simple. Aliens don't get shots as consistently as wolves/mafia so they have to make them count. Gac is a skilled player so a good one to eliminate, but he's been quiet so he's unlikely to be baned by others. Aliens were essentially betting that gac would return and be a thorn in their side if they let him live, and that a kill elsewhere is more likely to get blocked.
    That makes sense, and also implies that the Alien team has at least one player left who's played with gac a few times.

I would rather not vote at all, since I don't feel like I have the information to make a complete decision. I'm missing most of the metagame, and I might simply not be able to play these games very well--it's been a long time since I've played a mafia game even IRL, and I've never played one play-by-post. Given what I can understand of the debate, I found myself leaning CC.

I feel as though I'm shooting in the dark with the information I have, but if I don't shoot I'm all-but-guaranteeing that I'll be shot (or hanged) instead. So I voted CC because that's what made the most sense out of the options currently presented.
    In general here, it's better to put your thoughts down not only with arguements but with a vote - you're committing to a stance rather than feeling the waters before the rest of the group agrees. Definitely took me a few games to get used to playing here, I think I was pretty hesitant in the beginning and people thought I was too wishy-washy/wolfish.

My vote isn't doing anything right now, so Captain Cap.

I can keep checking in for the next couple hours but I'll be away right around the deadline. Curious to see if either of the two absent players jump in to make an important vote.

Also want to note that Captain Cap vs Zelphas is the current options and CC didn't immediately vote Zelphas to help save himself. Not sure what to make of that yet but putting that out there.

Vote Count

Zelphas (3): AvatarVecna, Xihirli, Valmark
    Captain Cap (4): The Outsider, rogue_alchemist, Zelphas, CaoimhinTheCape
    Rogue_alchemist (1): Captain Cap

Not voting: PartyOfRogues, plenty
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2020-11-15 at 12:56 PM. Reason: spelling

6. - Top - End - #246

SwashbucklerGuy

About Zelphas:

That makes sense; this game seems to be all about information, and so anyone who's miserly with their info feels suspicious immediately.

I voted Apogee1 on Day 1 because I knew I needed to vote someone and I had no information to go on. Apogee1 voted me, and I thought that voting him back would be an easy, harmless vote that would qualify as participating in the round without throwing suspicion any particular way, as I learned what was going on. I misunderstood the sheer depth of the metagame, however, so that was a good learning experience for me.

For this round... I'm going to vote AvatarVecna. The suspicions on Apogee1 make a lot of sense, but they aren't enough for me to double down on him, especially since my first-day vote had essentially no weight behind it. Plus, AvatarVecna seems somewhat unhappy with her role; if this is a ploy, I'll take it as another learning experience, I suppose.
    Given how things turned out in the end, while bizarre, I don't think this post is incriminating at all. Let's assume they're a baddie, what would be the point of this comment? What does it say about possible allegiances?
    Apogee1: he was the Serial Killer, so if they were protecting a scum-buddy, there was definitely no link with Apogee1.
    Xihirli: Zelphas didn't vote her, but if they were allies, why don't just vote for Apogee1? It makes no sense.
    AvatarVecna: was it a ploy to distance themself from AV? No way, it would have been a risky and ineffective move and AV definitely knows better.

Given the comment carries no strategical purpose for the benefit of possible (bad) allies, this seems at most a null tell to me.
    Not only that, but I think we can safely exclude a Werewolf alignment: gac3 was still alive at the time (thus at least 1 buddie alive if WW), and given Zelphas is an inexperienced player, they could have counted on allies' suggestions and directions, leaving less room to such clumsy and eye-catching attempts.

--AvatarVecna points out that either Captain Cap is scum and rogue_alchemist is Town, or rogue_alchemist is scum and we know nothing about Captain Cap. She switches her vote to Captain Cap based on this.

From what I have gathered (aside from the suspicion on me), the other main conflict seems to be between rogue_alchemist claiming that he got no result from investigating Captain Cap, and voting him based on the explanation for that being that he was most likely protected by scum. Captain Cap argued back that rogue_alchemist even getting that result suggests that rogue_alchemist is scum, and voting him based on that.

Because of rogue_alchemist's claim of "No Result", AvatarVecna's explanation for what that could mean for roles, and The Outsider's initial comments on why he voted Captain Cap in the first place, I'm putting my vote on Captain Cap. I will be happy to switch my vote should new arguments or information come to light, but this is what seems to make the most sense to me given what I know at the moment.
    So Zelphas bases their vote on me on AV's argument and TO's insights. Moreover they admit they're not really sure about the vote.

I would rather not vote at all, since I don't feel like I have the information to make a complete decision. I'm missing most of the metagame, and I might simply not be able to play these games very well--it's been a long time since I've played a mafia game even IRL, and I've never played one play-by-post. Given what I can understand of the debate, I found myself leaning CC.

I feel as though I'm shooting in the dark with the information I have, but if I don't shoot I'm all-but-guaranteeing that I'll be shot (or hanged) instead. So I voted CC because that's what made the most sense out of the options currently presented.
    They repeat they're not really sure about the vote, then they bring a reason already noted by Valmark: I'm the other leading wagon, so if I don't die, they likely do. But is this really incriminating? I mean, if they're town, why would they want to risk their life to save someone they basically know nothing about, if not that they seem to be suspicious? Why would you sacrifice a town for someone who could be not-town?

This is the most suspicious comment so far, mainly due to the contradictions with their previous analysis and the interpretation of AV's arguments . Is this a baddie struggling to justify themselves or an inexperienced player who wasn't able to better explain their reasonings?
    I would say wolf lean.

Overall, it seems more reasonable to vote Zelphas than rogue_alchemist.

By the way: I'm a Town Doctor. (At least if I die there would still be AvatarVecna around)
    Given you're surely going to ask me, I protected myself Night 1 and rogue_alchemist Night 2.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    About Zelphas:

Given how things turned out in the end, while bizarre, I don't think this post is incriminating at all. Let's assume they're a baddie, what would be the point of this comment? What does it say about possible allegiances?
    Apogee1: he was the Serial Killer, so if they were protecting a scum-buddy, there was definitely no link with Apogee1.
    Xihirli: Zelphas didn't vote her, but if they were allies, why don't just vote for Apogee1? It makes no sense.
    AvatarVecna: was it a ploy to distance themself from AV? No way, it would have been a risky and ineffective move and AV definitely knows better.

Given the comment carries no strategical purpose for the benefit of possible (bad) allies, this seems at most a null tell to me.
    Not only that, but I think we can safely exclude a Werewolf alignment: gac3 was still alive at the time (thus at least 1 buddie alive if WW), and given Zelphas is an inexperienced player, they could have counted on allies' suggestions and directions, leaving less room to such clumsy and eye-catching attempts.

So Zelphas bases their vote on me on AV's argument and TO's insights. Moreover they admit they're not really sure about the vote.

They repeat they're not really sure about the vote, then they bring a reason already noted by Valmark: I'm the other leading wagon, so if I don't die, they likely do. But is this really incriminating? I mean, if they're town, why would they want to risk their life to save someone they basically know nothing about, if not that they seem to be suspicious? Why would you sacrifice a town for someone who could be not-town?

This is the most suspicious comment so far, mainly due to the contradictions with their previous analysis and the interpretation of AV's arguments . Is this a baddie struggling to justify themselves or an inexperienced player who wasn't able to better explain their reasonings?
    I would say wolf lean.

Overall, it seems more reasonable to vote Zelphas than rogue_alchemist.

By the way: I'm a Town Doctor. (At least if I die there would still be AvatarVecna around)
    Given you're surely going to ask me, I protected myself Night 1 and rogue_alchemist Night 2.
    ...I'm... Confused. It seems like you are saying for most of the post that Zelphas isn't suspicious, then throw a wolf lean on the last piece, and then say that 'overall' it's better to vote Zelphas then RA.

Could you explain better?

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Switching my vote to Zelphas. CC has given a claim and AV's reasoning is rather compelling.

9. - Top - End - #249

SwashbucklerGuy

...I'm... Confused. It seems like you are saying for most of the post that Zelphas isn't suspicious, then throw a wolf lean on the last piece, and then say that 'overall' it's better to vote Zelphas then RA.

Could you explain better?
    First 2 posts not suspicious, last post suspicious. Not much, but still more than what I have on rogue_alchemist.

10. - Top - End - #250

I like the claim from Captain Cap. Not sure who is online now but I'm not sold on the Zelphas wagon even if that looks like it's going to be the lynch in 30 minutes.

Vote: PartyOfRogues. Claimed a roleblocking power which accounts for the no result that rogue_alchemist got. Didn't talk at all today which I'm not a fan of either, but I'm more confident in this vote than Zelphas who is at least contributing.

Is there anyone else online interested in the PoR wagon?

Vote Count

Zelphas (5): AvatarVecna, Xihirli, Valmark, Captain Cap, The Outsider
    Captain Cap (2): rogue_alchemist, Zelphas
    PartyOfRogues (1): CaoimhinTheCape

Not voting: PartyOfRogues, plenty

- - - Updated - - -

Took a look back at the thread to see what PoR has done which was a random vote Day 1, joining the Apogee wagon with one vote on day 2, and then posting after the Apogee lynch so we know he's paying attention and doing things at night.

Mostly what I like about the claim is that CC didn't shy away from saying they visited RA overnight when a roleblocker did too.
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2020-11-15 at 12:56 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

I was the JOAT. On Night 1, I protected myself. On Night 2, I investigated Xihirli; she popped up Werewolf. You’ll see why I didn’t spill all of this in a few minutes, I’m sure.

Thank you for letting me play. It was fun.

Zelphas.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252

WolfInSheepsClothing

DAY 3 END

Valmark voted ZELPHAS
    The Outsider voted ZELPHAS
    PartyOfRogues REFUSED TO TAKE PART IN THE CORRUPT INSTITUTION OF DEMOCRACY
    Xihirli voted ZELPHAS
    Captain Cap voted ZELPHAS
    rogue_alchemist REFUSED TO TAKE PART IN THE CORRUPT INSTITUTION OF DEMOCRACY
    CaomhinTheCape voted PARTYOFROGUES
    Zelphas voted ZELPHAS
    plenty REFUSED TO TAKE PART IN THE CORRUPT INSTITUTION OF DEMOCRACY

Zelphas recieved 6 votes.
    PartyOfRogues recieved 1 vote.
    3 players refused to take part in the corrupt institution of democracy.

Zelphas died today. They were hanged. Zelphas' role was Alien Jack of All Trades.
    Last edited by Unavenger; 2020-11-15 at 01:32 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

I was the JOAT. On Night 1, I protected myself. On Night 2, I investigated Xihirli; she popped up Werewolf. You’ll see why I didn’t spill all of this in a few minutes, I’m sure.

Thank you for letting me play. It was fun.

Zelphas.
    Um... no I didn't?

Now who am I gonna kill in their sleep?

- - - Updated - - -

Huh. You know, I think I figured out one of my tells.

Confession.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

14. - Top - End - #254

WolfInSheepsClothing

NIGHT 3 END

Despite their protestations, you never killed AvatarVecna - or at least, most of you didn't. Xihirli too lies dead, scorchmarks in her lupine body betraying the aliens' involvement. With two of the masterminds of the battle dead, there's everything still to play for.

AvatarVecna died tonight. They were clawed to death by a werewolf. AvatarVecna's role was Town Doctor.
    Xihirli died tonight. She was shot to death with a blaster. Xihirli's role was Werewolf Roleblocker.

DAY 4 START

The day will end at 18:00, 19/11/2020
    Last edited by Unavenger; 2020-11-17 at 01:02 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255

Well, I have a busy day today but I want to at least jump in with a vote on PartyOfRogues. Same as yesterday, person who said they roleblocked but hasn't told us what they've done each night.

I was roleblocked yesterday. Could have been Xihirli, PoR, or someone else if we have more roleblockers around.

Only other piece of info I'll assume at first glance is that Werewolves do not have a doctor or they would have protected Xi.

rogue_alchemist, I'm not optimistic but did you get any results last night?

16. - Top - End - #256

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Well, I have a busy day today but I want to at least jump in with a vote on PartyOfRogues. Same as yesterday, person who said they roleblocked but hasn't told us what they've done each night.
    PartyOfRogues

I'd like to hear from him too. He's been too quiet.

About AvatarVecna's demise: someone roleblocked me or there's a Strongman around (maybe both).

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Avenge me!
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

18. - Top - End - #258

SwashbucklerGuy

I was roleblocked yesterday. Could have been Xihirli, PoR, or someone else if we have more roleblockers around.
    Given you've got a feedback, I guess you're an information gatherer. Did you learn anything useful the previous nights?

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Avenge me!
    Hey, ghosts can't talk!

Oh wait, that means I can't either...

btw that was incredibly annoying to type on mobile :p
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

20. - Top - End - #260

WolfInSheepsClothing

Okay, folks, bahposting is fine, extended deadchat-in-mainchat needs to stop now, though, please.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

PartyOfRogues

I'd like to hear from him too. He's been too quiet.

About AvatarVecna's demise: someone roleblocked me or there's a Strongman around (maybe both).
    Probably the former- if the werewolves had a Strongman they wouldn't need to kill AV or roleblock you (unless they didn't believe you to be a baner I guess).

That said, I'd rather go after people that have already acted suspiciously even if getting silent people to speak up more would be a good thing, plus getting two wagons going is generally better.

*Takes a look*

Using AV's ISOs as a quick recap of what happened, I see that CaoimhinTheCape did some stuff that could indicate non-Towniness- namely disagreeing with a theory then agreeing with when used to vote someone (it's pretty much the first thing in AV's ISO).

I'd also like to shine a light on plenty because I hadn't noticed that they straight up disappeared after retreating their vote. What do you think about what happened? Why didn't you vote anybody?
    Note: I don't actually think you suspicious (yet, you've been fairly silent too), but I do wish to hear more.

Anybody else either I haven't got anything to note (TO, PoR) or they look towny enough by now (ra, CC). Does anybody have a guess at how many wolves/alien remain (werewolves if any).

- - - Updated - - -

*? Instead of . At the end.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-11-18 at 01:15 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262

SwashbucklerGuy

Probably the former- if the werewolves had a Strongman they wouldn't need to kill AV or roleblock you (unless they didn't believe you to be a baner I guess).
    I don't know... the Strongman can always die, so it could make sense for the Werewolves to take out all the Baners as long as they can bypass protection.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know... the Strongman can always die, so it could make sense for the Werewolves to take out all the Baners as long as they can bypass protection.
    That's true, although I'd argue that with an investigative and an unknown alien vigilante they'd have bigger problems around.

Speaking of which, I wonder why they killed Xihirli i.e. the obvious lynch. Personally I'd have left her for today to minimize the risk of an alien lynch and the possible info >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Right, the bit about Xihirli refers to aliens, not to werewolves xD

24. - Top - End - #264

I guess I should have seen it coming, but I investigated AV last night and got No Result again. I am guessing I got blocked again last night. Someone needs to own up. Xi was a role locker, but there must be more of them about and blocking me makes it someone not town-friendly. I too would like to hear from plenty (FOS for now) about the voting and thoughts on how yesterday played out. But with 2 major actives dead, it is now hard to figure out who to target.
    For numbers, there are 7 of us left and no scrum group has 4 or else the game would be over. We know at least 1 alien and probably at least 1 more werewolf. Out of the 8 dead there have been 2 ww, 2 aliens, 3 town, and 1 serial killer. So I would guess more like 2 ww and 2 aliens given the preference most would have. So that means 3 town (or 2 town and survivalist). Based on av's iso, I would say Valmark is the only other town lock I have, the CC is pretty towny to me.
    I think Cao and PoR are both pretty suspicious. I'll vote Cao
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2020-11-18 at 11:44 AM.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

I'm not completely convinced of CC's towniness yet, but if AV trusted them and Valmark does as well, I'll put my suspicions aside. Caoiminh, what are you and what can you tell us?

Also, if Caoiminh can give a good response then my next line of suspicion is on plenty. As stated, they've been rather quiet, and quiet is something to be avoided.
    Last edited by The Outsider; 2020-11-18 at 12:02 AM.

26. - Top - End - #266

That's more what I expected of today. I had hoped to wait for everyone to respond before my claim, but it's probably better to give you guys the info early.

I'm town universal backup turned town watcher. Figured by picking backup I would know right away if I was the only townie and if I was I would get the ability on my discard (killing). As for my results:

Night 1: No one visited JeenLeen
    Night 2: Captain Cap and PartyOfRogues visited rogue_alchemist.
    Night 3: NO RESULT

During Day 2 I kept pushing for Captain Cap to claim, mostly to see if I could catch him in a lie. I figured that bad guys wouldn't claim they didn't visit RA, so when he claimed Town Doc I was satisfied. Would have liked PartyOfRogues to claim before me too but here we are.

Using AV's ISOs as a quick recap of what happened, I see that CaoimhinTheCape did some stuff that could indicate non-Towniness- namely disagreeing with a theory then agreeing with when used to vote someone (it's pretty much the first thing in AV's ISO).

Anybody else either I haven't got anything to note (TO, PoR) or they look towny enough by now (ra, CC). Does anybody have a guess at how many wolves/alien remain (werewolves if any).
    I looked back at AV's post, about disagreeing with a theory and then agreeing. That's not fully accurate? The theory that I disagreed with was that your discarded faction indicates what you chose as your faction. Below is the full text of what I agreed with:

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape
    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen
    I believe, in a non-PM game, AV would want to be one of the factions to be able to network and have more fun (that is, I think she'd find being Town a little boring in this game.) Also, she hasn't died D1 for a while. Her discarding a Town card, while meaning nothing in itself, lends credence to this. So AvatarVecna.
    The AV vote... I kinda actually agree with the logic? I'd feel a little bad voting AV at this point but AV does seem the type to want a more unique faction than town (if she could help it).
    While I definitely didn't explain myself well, what I was agreeing with was that AV seems the type to find town boring and would, if she had the choice, pick a faction that can network.

As for setup, my guesses include:
    • 2-3 roleblockers (one of which I'm guessing is PoR)
    • 1 Alien Vigilante (probably/hopefully less alien cards in the deck, given their stronger powers)
    • 0 Alien Roleblockers (would have left Xi alive to try and steal a kill)
    • 1-3 Wolves (we saw no discards, last time the faction was very big)
    • If there's more than one Wolf, probably a Strongman (to get through CC's heal)

That's true, although I'd argue that with an investigative and an unknown alien vigilante they'd have bigger problems around.

Speaking of which, I wonder why they killed Xihirli i.e. the obvious lynch. Personally I'd have left her for today to minimize the risk of an alien lynch and the possible info >.>
    Not sure why the Aliens went after Xi, but if we assume Wolves have a roleblocker than the investigative is not an issue.

I guess I should have seen it coming, but I investigated AV last night and got No Result again.
    Why did you decide to investigate AV? As far as I could tell, AV seemed pretty townish to me and I assumed you would try to investigate someone you weren't as sure on (myself or PartyOfRogues).

I'm not completely convinced of CC's towniness yet, but if AV trusted them and Valmark does as well, I'll put my suspicions aside.
    That is fair to have suspicions of CC, since they did target someone who was roleblocked and then someone who died. But I'm not worried about CC right now.

On the note of being suspicious, 3 people in a row just called out myself and Plenty as the people who are suspicious to start. I don't necessarily blame you guys but there could be a faction with three people left in it who would work as a powerful voting block. We gotta be careful of today's lynch.

Vote Count

PartyOfRogues (2): CaoimhinTheCape, Captain Cap
    CaoimhinTheCape (3): Valmark, rogue_alchemist, The Outsider

Not Voting: PartyOfRogues, Plenty

27. - Top - End - #267
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

That explains the way you've been voting. Alright, then. PoR, your turn to talk.

28. - Top - End - #268

Putting down all my thoughts regarding Xi and Zelphas. Honestly was hoping I could draw more conclusions but my assumtions because of the reread are...

• There's pretty much no way rogue_alchemist is a Wolf
    • I'm kinda thinking Valmark is not an Alien?
    • CC probably isn't an Alien
    • No idea on The Outsider
    • rogue_alchemist and CC could be Town together, I doubt they are Wolves together or Aliens together

Spoiler: Xihirli
    Show
    Yyyyyeah, I'm not seeing it. You could have been voided, Rogue.
    And I notice the result you got seems tailored to on the surface seem pretty damning while simultaneously not staking your reputation or ability to scry on what the result is. Like "oops, we killed Town Protector! Guess I was voided!"
    Simultaneously playing it safe and trying to get someone killed makes me want to point the finger back at you, rogue_alchemist.
    So, this is early Day 3 where Xihirli tries to get people to go after RA. This, along with the results RA got about Apogee, makes me 99% sure RA is not wolf.

Another note: Scum!RA doesn't have to have an actual scry power to know that Cap isn't on their team. I see two situations that lead to Scum!Ra leveling this accusation at Cap that don't include RA having a scry.

- A different member of their faction has a scry and IDed Cap as dangerous.
    - Cap already had suspicion on them, RA just wanted to get everyone behind lynching Cap to keep discussion closed around one wagon and misjudged how "damning" their evidence really was

...Huh. Those new ISOs certainly are interesting. And convincing, in fact. Particularly that on Zelphas. If that wagon doesn't go anywhere, AV has already convinced me to get off of RA and onto Cap as far as that bit goes.
    Kinda even as I was writing the Scum!RA scenarios I could feel them being far-fetched, particularly when I was verging into "what if they're opposite scum", and RA sticking their neck out like that to get someone killed is definitely more Town than what my initial gut reaction "wait! That means nothing!" was.
    More to make me sure that RA isn't a Wolf.

Spoiler: Zelphas
    Show

I realize I'm a little biased, so I wanna collect opinions: what are people's thoughts on the person who sees "apogee and xihirli are calling each other liars", and decides that instead of testing either of them, they decide to vote me instead?

That if Apogee1 is not Survivor nor Town Zelphas is getting voted first thing in the morning.
    Very minor points to Valmark for calling out Zelphas early day 2, so possibly means Val is not Alien?

Now, about Zelphas. Borrowing AV's ISO which has all the posts they keep giving me the feeling that they are Alien- my problem with this is that on Day 2 I fully expected Apogee1 to turn up alien (and thus Zelph would be allied) so now I'm unsure on wether to suspect Zelphas or not.
    Valmark brings up Zelphas again but isn't sure if he wants to commit to suspicions. The logic tracks from the last post, but could be distancing a buddy?

If I counted correctly... It's a perfectly split amount of votes, uh.
    Voting Zelphas in the hope of attracting a substantial reply to AV's ISO, but I'll be around tomorrow to change it if I like the replies.
    But very soon after we got a vote which puts Zelphas in the lead. Feel better about Valmark not being an Alien.

Makes me think CC is not an Alien. Zelphas could have joined in voting PoR for not talking or rogue_alchemist at this point to make it 3v2v2v1. Even if there were two Alien wagons leading that day, my guess is they would rather lose the JOAT (Zelphas in this scenario) than the Killer (CC in this scenario). So I don't see Zelphas voting another Alien.

Also want to note that Captain Cap vs Zelphas is the current options and CC didn't immediately vote Zelphas to help save himself. Not sure what to make of that yet but putting that out there.

CC didn't vote Zelphas right away, but if they were both Aliens distancing my guess is they would have voted each other earlier.

Switching my vote to Zelphas. CC has given a claim and AV's reasoning is rather compelling.
    Quick vote on Zelphas near the end of the day (2 hours till deadline). No idea how to take this. CC had just claimed Town Doc and voted Zelphas, making the wagons 4v4 with CC dying in the tiebreaker. If Outsider was an Alien, he could have let things lie and save Zelphas. Apparently a couple people unvoted CC that I didn't include in my vote counts, but I don't know when that happened. If Outsider had seen that people unvoted, they may have bussed for townie points.

At the moment I've nothing better to go by, so rogue_alchemist
    Slight points toward CC and RA not being Aliens together? CC could have tried to start another wagon but the vote makes enough sense to me.

Thinking through the possibility of Xi and CC as both Wolves who were trying to lynch the town Investigative. If that's true, then CC could have blocked RA and then blocked AV last night.

Was hoping that by the end of my read through I would come to some sort of conclusion but I don't have much here.

Vote Count

PartyOfRogues (3): CaoimhinTheCape, Captain Cap, The Outsider
    CaoimhinTheCape (2): Valmark, rogue_alchemist

- - - Updated - - -

If PartyOfRogues and plenty don't show up to post today, I'm definitely OK with lynching them.

PoR was active Night 2 and didn't talk Day 3, so I'm guessing they're still paying attention at night and could be a problem.

Gotta look back at plenty's posts to form an opinion but they didn't interact at all with Zelphas or Xi as far as I could tell.

At this point, everyone who was active yesterday has posted. I assume if anyone had concrete evidence against someone they would have told us by now?
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2020-11-18 at 11:03 AM. Reason: correcting vote count

29. - Top - End - #269

Sorry for my suspicion Cao, just hard to know who to trust in this game of so many scums. Your claim and explanation are satisfactory, so I would say PoR visiting me likely means he is a scum, though I would like to hear from CaptainCap why he visited me as well. It seems we visited each other that night and something strange happend. I got no results. Both Cao and I getting no results last night means that there are likely two or 3 roleblockers still active.

As for why I visited AV, he seemed pretty towny, but I wanted to make sure we weren't being lamb to the slaughter and following someone who was trying to wield town to do his dirty business. Trust but verify (if you can). I know Xi was a roleblocker from their death, so they may account for 1 of the ones, but who else. Xi didn't visit me the first night I got no result, so must be PoR or CC are the other one. I am hoping it is PoR, but like I said, I still want to hear more from CC.

30. - Top - End - #270

Sorry for my suspicion Cao, just hard to know who to trust in this game of so many scums. Your claim and explanation are satisfactory, so I would say PoR visiting me likely means he is a scum, though I would like to hear from CaptainCap why he visited me as well. It seems we visited each other that night and something strange happend. I got no results. Both Cao and I getting no results last night means that there are likely two or 3 roleblockers still active.

As for why I visited AV, he seemed pretty towny, but I wanted to make sure we weren't being lamb to the slaughter and following someone who was trying to wield town to do his dirty business. Trust but verify (if you can). I know Xi was a roleblocker from their death, so they may account for 1 of the ones, but who else. Xi didn't visit me the first night I got no result, so must be PoR or CC are the other one. I am hoping it is PoR, but like I said, I still want to hear more from CC.
    No worries on suspecting me, I would have been surprised if no one did by this point.

I thought CC had claimed that he tried to protect you Night 2 as Town Doc.

As for claims, so far we have rogue_alchemist as Investigator, CC as Doc, Cao as Watcher, and PoR said they blocked Apogee. The Outsider, Valmark, and plenty haven't claimed. Not sure we're quite at the point where I want them all to claim but we're getting there.

- - - Updated - - -

Vote Count

PartyOfRogues (4): CaoimhinTheCape, Captain Cap, The Outsider, rogue_alchemist
    CaoimhinTheCape (1): Valmark