A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1223
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ghost in the Playground

Default Re: Serious Plots 9: Srsr and srsr

Ukry's Grove

Ukry returns to their drink and lounge, leaving Aran to stew, and instead sipping on the bloodlike wine once more. Mortals... so dense, so incomprehensible, yet so easy to upset. Ukry sighs softly, lost in thoughts and machinations. Clearly, the witch still had much to learn about respect, and place... Or at least that was what the ring seemed to say. The ring? Indeed, the magic coursing through the ring wasn't Ukry's, nor Aran's... it was the world's, and as Aran brushed into it, it seemed to give glimpses beyond, feeding into the emotional turmoil. Those emotions could carry power, and in that power guidance; images of animals flashed as if through thought speak... wild animals... predators... all of the creatures that could teach that bratty witch their place and restore Aran's honor.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ogre in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

Aran finds himself washed away on the sea of roiling power and crackling emotions. He just wants to get some respect from this witch! From anyone! He wants to feel magic under his skin and strength in his bones and not be a joke and he doesn't actually want fur or fangs or any of the other things from before but the magic has already ripped his emotions ahead of any of his sense. He wants Ukry to go get humiliated by some predator, and while he does think that, it turns out that this ring does not summon help, nor does it send people away.
    Over to Ukry's table stomps a rapidly growing Aran. By the time he sits down their guest has taken the appearance of a hyena-like man who probably owns a very well-worn gym card, and an ill-fitting set of shorts.
    "You know, if you're going to be all nice and say you'd like to have a fling getting some respect for more than five second intervals would be nice." he growls.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Ghost in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

As the hulk of a gnoll trundles up, for the briefest of moments, Ukry's eyes are as wide as dinnerplates, ears flat against their head. "Oh." The reply is quiet, and the witch fidgets for a moment, before shaking free. "Ah. Yes... impressive." Ukry pauses for a moment, before finishing the wine, and walking over, steadily regaining composure. "We acquiesce, you did catch onto the magic quickly... And have made yourself quite strong." Ukry sits, this time not on the chair, but into Aran's lap. "And perfectly sized to hold us... But if you don't mind... a few small, personal changes." Ukry gently runs a hand over Aran's chest, the hyena fur blossoming and poofing up over the muscles, and the tail brushing out and floofing, with a soft change from leopard print, to a more unique white striped pattern, almost like a winter hyena. Ukry gives a soft sigh, snuggling into the fluff, clinging close to Aran. "Perfect~ Big and snuggly, for warm nights."

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Ogre in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

Womp.

Aran is just as big, but now his physique is very thoroughly hidden.
    He sighs, somewhat satisfied that he's getting a positive response at least. Even if he has to hide his surprise on what he managed to do to himself without meaning it. Was this all just a ploy from them?
    "So. Are you quite satisfied now? Or do I have to prove even more?" he asks, poking them lightly on the shoulder.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Ghost in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

Ukry laughs gently, remaining in Aran's arms for a moment longer. "Yes, we suppose we are satisfied. Are you? Such a small taste of magic can be overwhelming... at least you didn not try to become something extremely magical, like a dragon." Ukry gives one last hug, before pulling away, and sitting back onto their own seat, as if to give Aran a little space. "It certainly does take some innate skill to do magic like that, in as short as your second time." Ukry gives a gentle smile.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Ogre in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

Aran blinks. He hadn't even thought about that.
    "Um. Well, you did start me off as some kinda crackly energy bear. That part felt kinda good." He wasn't in that shape long enough to comprehend it was an actual storm critter.
    "Would a dragon be that hard?" he asks tentatively. Being a dragon sounds kind of awesome. For flying if nothing else.
    "It would be nice to feel extremely magical without the obesity. Are you sure dragon is out? Not even if it wasn't full size?" There are plenty of perfectly nice human-sized dragon varieties!

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Ghost in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

"Hard? Probably not... At least if you went small, and stayed away from the great wyrms; though you might have to worry about the danger of letting your emotions run wild with magic. But why would you want to change from something so cuddly and warm right away?" Ukry sounds almost sad to talk about the fluffy hyena going away, but at the same time leans in with interest. "Are you considering another little experiment so soon? That's pretty confident... But maybe you are up to the task." There it is, the little coy smile, just an edge of a taunt.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ogre in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

Aran smiles warmly.
    "I've lived my whole life without magic. Let me have this. I promise that if you want this one back once I've had my fill of experiments I'll take whatever shape you want. Okay?"
    He does his best to shake the warm fuzzy feelings and try to reach for the magic again. A dragon that isn't building-sized. Compact enough to fit in a room. Full of life and magic. He doesn't have any emotional resonance to the subject, so surely it would be impossible to get his emotions swept up, right?

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Ghost in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

There is soft laughter, friendly and light this time. "We just might take you up on that offer.... Though perhaps a little more time with your human side too? Do, please, have fun experimenting though..." Ukry gently winks, then flicks a hand, the candle lights blowing out, leaving only the gentle glow of the jellyfish lights hanging here and there reflecting softly over the witch's lithe form. Strangely, Ukry's eyes seem to glow in their own right, the violet, almost magenta colors seeming to be carved of starstuff. There is an oddly enchanting quality to them; almost as enchanting as the gentle warmth of the witch's embrace. Odd, though, that the magic in the ring seemed to pull at all of these things, making them stand in relief among the mist and shadows of the witch's coven.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Ogre in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

Aran was right about one thing: he doesn't have as much strong emotion going into this one. While the previous shape was one born of a specific desire contaminated by an emotion, this time his mood is much more tepid. Which oddly has the reverse effect: instead of making him less likely to be swept along by the emotional magic it instead gives him nothing to anchor to. The magic takes his idea of a reasonably-sized, compact dragon. And so a compact dragon must he be. As the lights go out his senses find only two colors, which whirl into the magics, spreading the cool glow of the jellyfish down him like paint. The violet of Ukry's eyes drips into his own, and his developing wings. He finds himself unable to pull his mind away from those colors, that feeling of warmth, the words they said to him echoing-
    Onto Ukry's table plops a wonderfully compact little dragon, just as fluffy and warm as the hyena but tailored by the colors of the grove and grown long for embracing that which his tiny claws cannot hold.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Ghost in the Playground

Ukry's grove

The witch's eyes widen. It was unintentional on Aran's part, to be sure, but before the lad could even protest his predicament, the witch was upon him. They swept the long dragon up in both arms, deftly wrapping him about their thin shoulders. Softly, their hands stroke through the fur, scritching between the ears. "Oh, what a lovely form! We feel the deft crackle of magic, but also these perfectly warm and pet worthy ears." The witch laughs gently, carrying the little dragon over to the springside, still draped over their shoulders. Sitting at edge of the steaming water, Ukry dips their toes into the water, sending a little ripple through the reflection of the moon, before looking into the little dragon's eyes. "Tell us about how it feels? Is it warm? Comfortable? Do you feel how the dragon lives?" The questions are almost knowing, but at the same time brimming with an excited curiosity, as if Ukry was familiar with the feelings.
    Last edited by Aurora Alchemi; 2021-12-02 at 08:09 PM. Reason: missed color flair!

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ogre in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

Aran is swept up, a low clicking rattling from the back of his throat as Ukry scratches his pointed ears.
    "I feel...extremely warm. Comfortable...yes, I guess. I don't know? How does the dragon live?" he asks, clearly unsure what they're asking with that last question.
    Of course to Aran his voice sounds perfectly normal, but to the witch it is adorably high and squeaky.
    "I think that I'll need your help getting back." he adds flatly.

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Ghost in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

The witch laughs gently. "Done so soon with your play? Such a shame... of course, now that you know how to take these forms, it's a simple matter to get to them." Ukry turns their head softly to face the little dragon's, one hand stroking slowly up Aran's side. "As for getting back..." Ukry pulls the little dragon's face to theirs, in a brief, tender kiss. As they do, they tap the rune collar that the ring had shifted too around the dragon's neck, deactivating the rune. Aran's transformation reverts, leaving the young man momentarily in a liplock with the witch, seated close by their side at the hot spring's edge. They taste sweet, notes of honey and fresh rain, though as quick as it started, Ukry withdrew. "You can simply tap the ring to deactivate it's magics whenever you should choose to step away from your more magical forms." Ukry giggles once more, pulling their hand away from his cheek, and standing softly, heading over to retrieve a few sweet treats from the table of goodies.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ogre in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

Aran stumbles back onto the edge of the spring, gasping. Seems like he certainly wasn't expecting that turn of events.
    "Uh, I- thank you. I think I'm done experimenting for the day though. Possibly for the week. Or maybe month." he breathes, taking a moment to feel his non-fuzzy arms.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Ghost in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

Ukry bites into a truffle, giving a small nod. "It seems as though you have plenty of forms to appease your interests and job woes for now anyways. How are you feeling otherwise? If you wish for more wine, or something stronger..." The witch gives a gesture to a shelf of wine, spirits, and... Potions? "Otherwise, you are more then welcome to make yourself at home... The springs are warm, and beds are soft, both in the guest room, and within here. Is there anything we can do to make you more comfortable?" Ukry offers a plate of ornate chocolates and cookies, before sitting at the treat table. "We would like to... talk some more. What are your plans, for the future... for your home? We know you have family ties you care about... how do those measure in?" Ukry seems to have calmed, easing into more meaningful sociality. Perhaps they would be open to deeper questions?

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ogre in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

Aran smiles and sits up at the edge of the spring.
    "Do you have something I can wear to take a dip? No offense, but I don't think I'm quite ready to go in without anything but these clothes are too thick for a swim."
    "My plans? I plan on honing my craft. My sister has the family business. She doesn't need my help. I love her, but I only need to worry about myself. Anri's too good at taking care of herself."
    Aran says, probably the least accurate thing he's said all day.

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Ghost in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

A soft giggle, and the witch sizes Aran up once more. "We don't usually wear anything in the spring, however..." Ukry opens a small drawer, pulling out what looks like a wrapped towel, though it has a belt. It's not exactly a swimsuit, but it would cover up at least somewhat decently. "This might fit you, if you wish for more modesty this night." After handing over the garment, Ukry strolls into the shadow and mist in one direction, before return from the opposite due to the strange magic of the room. The cocktail dress is gone, replaced instead with a form fitting one piece, shimmering gently not unlike the jellyfish casting dim light over the grove. "Is this covered enough for us to join you? We assume we should enter first, so that you have a chance to change out of view..." Tonight, at least, Ukry seems to be more female than male, as they walk slowly into the hot water, slowly stepping away into the shelter of the cavelike grotto, the glow of their suit sending scintillating shimmers out from the gems set into the walls of the hot spring structure.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Ogre in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

Aran's eyes go wide and he quickly ducks around a corner to change. He does his best to casually saunter back to lower himself into the little pool as well.
    "Well, my other option would be going back to the first shape you gave me, which I think would possibly be dangerous in water anyway." His hide had felt awfully electric.
    "That and I think I'd just float on the top." he says teasingly.
    He's still a little mad about that, by the way. But now he thinks it was mostly a ploy to get him to figure out the magic for himself. Maybe.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Ghost in the Playground

Ukry's grove

Ukry slowly drifts out of the grotto, floating on their... her? back. They eventually drift right up under Aran's nose, eyes closed, and hair splayed out like long black ribbons and curtains over the water's steaming surface. "Dangerous to who? The magical bear... or the old hag... hehe." Ukry softly stands in the spring, easing elegantly out of the backfloat and into Aran's side. For a few moments, their front is slightly cold, the air above the springwater having chilled it, but this passes, and the antelope witch remains warm next to Aran. "You seem confident in your sister... What of the rest of your family? Are they gone already? It would be such a shame to have you lacking a family to hold you close..." Ukry rests one hand against the lad's chest, while another picks a single chocolate off the edge of the spring, and offers it to Aran.

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ogre in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

"Depends on how insulated both were. Not something I'd know much about." Not a biologist!
    "Skyside got our parents. It's alright. We've had plenty of time." Aran lays a hand over Ukry's and accepts the chocolate.
    Still, something seems to cross his face. He seems to be unsure of something on his mind.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Ghost in the Playground

Ukry's grove

The witch tilts their head gently, the long horns swaying away from Aran some. "Something seems to have caught your breath, however. You might have your piece, but sometimes it might be important to talk about something anyways... We are more than willing to be an ear to your troubles, or, if it would be more appropriate, a breast on which to rest your weary head." Ukry sits up straighter, to allow Aran to take the offer, if he would like. Admittably, if the rest of Ukry was as soft and inviting as their arms, it might be an appealing prospect. "If it helps, we have lost some very significant to ourselves as well. Time helps, but does not make every pain go away." The last sentence is half bitter and aching, and a single fleck of sad, shadowy magic drifts down from Ukry's horns, like a wilting flower to lilt on the water's surface. "We will not abuse your vulnerability here..."

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Ogre in the Playground

Ukry’s Grove

”I…I feel strange, Ukry. It isn’t talking about my parents. They’ve been gone for a while it’s…it’s spending twenty years on something to have it drop in my lap. And now, in an hour, to have felt a storm under my skin, power in my bones, heat in my gut.” he slowly runs a hand over his chest.
    ”I begged you to help me change back but I already feel so hollow.”

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Ghost in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

Interesting... Ukry seems to pause for a moment, watching the lad, eyes once more piercing in the halflight. But then it passes, and the witch smiles. "It doesn't sound to me like you have a problem at all. You can choose whether or not you will take those forms now, so you don't have to feel one way or the other." Ukry leans back in, almost, but not quite kissing his cheek, before pulling away. "It's almost as if you can become what you are missing, whenever you want." Ukry's voice slowly falls into a whisper, but it remains soft and kind. "It's ok to feel conflict over it, however... And we can be here as long as you need. But..." The witch's hand snakes into the water, pulling up the glowing runering so they can both look at it together. "If you want to try a measure of cuddling in another form, we are more than confident you can get out of at least two forms any time you wish." Ukry's hand strokes the finger, tempting, but not taking the choice away from Aran.

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Ogre in the Playground

Ukry’s Grove

Aran looks torn and even embarrassed as his form poofs up into the hyena shape again, complete with his shorts.
    ”Is it so strange? Feeling like being something else so soon after getting it? I feel like I’m throwing away part of who I am even if it’s still there.”
    But he can’t deny that feeling in his chest, of finally having that piece that he knew was missing and so couldn’t ever feel. And this is his form without any special magic.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Ghost in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

Ukry lays softly against the hyena's chest, falling quiet for a bit. The questions from Aran seem to trouble the witch for a while, before finally they settle on an answer. "You are what you believe you are. We can't judge whether this is right or wrong for you, or whether you are ok. You have to make those decisions for yourself." Ukry stretches up, and kisses Aran's cheek softly, however. "We can say that you are still Aran... nothing about your weave has changed, so you remain entirely yourself. Nothing more, and nothing less. What you do with that is much like what you do with us... It is what you choose to do." Ukry falls silent again, though one long antelope ear rests against the large chest, listening to his breathing.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Ogre in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

Aran slowly reaches down to put his arms around Ukry.
    "Would you object if I chose to stay the night? It's been a long evening." he asks quietly.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ghost in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

The witch gives a gentle nod to Aran. "Of course not.... You may come and go as you please... Make yourself a home." The glowing eyes seem to close, and though the witch is still and quiet, it never really seems as if they are truly asleep. Either way, there is comfort in company, or so it seems, and the witch's gentle embrace in Aran's warm arms demands nothing more of the young man. Truly, it seemed they had passed all of Ukry's testing, for the moment.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ogre in the Playground

Ukry's Grove

Aran stays there for a long time before he does himself drift off to sleep.
    Surely there's nothing potentially risky about a gnoll falling asleep in a hot spring in a witch's knoll.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Frozen Angel]

"Threatening the order of things? There seems to be some of that going around." The Pragmatic Seer shows some uncharacteristic petulance with this comment.

"No matter. Tell us what needs to be done." The Patient Seer cuts to the heart of the matter.

"Ilpholin said that you will open a bridge for your people to come through. What will become of our sanctuary then?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Frozen Angel]

"I've explained that their sanctuary won't last very long when the demons come for it. It's very important to them," Ilpholin advises Cerabella. They've only mentioned it every other question by now. They seem to value it more than their own lives. Which isn't unusual for fey? And those who really get into the idea of a singular home.

Regardless, Ilpholin hopes Cerabella can assuage their anxieties.
    [Frozen Angel]

"I can assure you we have no interest taking over your sanctuary, honored seers. Once the gate is opened and the vanguard has arrived we will move our command-post elsewhere." Cerabella turns to nod to Ilpholin before looking back to the seers. "But we will leave a few Enforcers behind to honor your bargain with our associate. They will stay here until the threat of the demons is no more or until you dismiss them."

Then the angel gestures towards the frozen lake. "As for what is to be done, I will require the light reflected by this lake." Her hawk eyes raise towards the sky. "Which might be a problem. Does the light of the sun ever reach this valley at this time of year?"

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Titan in the Playground

[Frozen Angel]

"The sun only reaches this place at the peak of noon."

"Many hours from now."

"But your terms are acceptable. We do ask that your enforcers do not disturb the peace of our valley."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.