New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Serious Plots 9: Srsr and srsr

[Gem Dungeon - Treasure Room]

The hooded cloak is pretty well-made. Pretty decent quality, actually! Pretty warm, too. Not particularly special or magical, but it does look good.

The sword is also pretty cool. It makes audible sounds as it swings around, and that's because it's doing something to the air behind it as it swings. Specifically, as it swings it causes the air around it to be very turbulent and leaves little vortices in its wake. It's nothing phenomenal, but it does have its uses.

The scepter, meanwhile, is really fancy. Not magical, but it's really well-made. Really well-balanced, too.

Meanwhile meanwhile, that awful box is still lonely, but it also looks really well-made.

[Visiting Family]

Zophiel himself doesn't cause any distractions.

So, presumably, they make it back to the town easily.
    "Well, that was exciting," he says when they get back. "Is that how most your days go?"

[A Cold Day]

It would be really convenient if Zophiel suddenly showed up right then.

Up top, the wings still aren't completely grown in yet.
    He hears the latest scream for help, though. He crawls over to the edge of the pit.

He should be there soon.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Visiting Family]

Back to Huntside!
    "Yeah I'd say that's fairly typical. Hunting monsters, a strange person I turn out to have some connection to shows up, fleeing through the darkness, etc."
    Hunter nods.
    "It's a good living."
    The house Hunter leads them to is a sort of pyramidal sunken bunker, on the west end of the town. It is filled with animals of all descriptions (except that none of them are normal), all singing silently.

[A Cold Day]

Luckily Anchor was on the other side of the monster, cutting across. So she is mostly free of ice water.

What she is, is going to chase after the spindly tunnel monster. And as she goes, she says d̟̪̯̟̽̋̌ ̠͚͔̝̰͑̑̉̉ͣͬͣ͗́ẻ̐҉̥͕̯͍̺ after it, a spell of confusion and disorientation. Hopefully that will slow it down.
    She does turn back to Sekhmet though, a baffled sound in her voice.
    "You have fire magic. Melt through it."
    There's probably some reason that won't work, that she doesn't know yet. But it seems like the obvious answer to her.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

A Cold Day

Sekhmet looks embarrassed and starts melting the ice. It's slow going, slower than it should be. The ice here is strangely resistant to heat. It doesn't help that Sekhmet usually uses her hands to direct her fire, and they're currently frozen in place. "I'm going to be stuck here forever and never see Prumathe again or feel the sun on my face or even move," Sekhmet despairs. The ice thickens and spreads over more of her body.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Sylvanas]

It's snowing. Snowing in an endless forest, an impossible tangle of roots and trunks and branches and leaves that stretch in all directions in defiance of sense and gravity. Bright orange leaves drift through the air and settle in heaps, filling the forest with the scent of damp and decay. Veins of eldritch power pulse through the branches, thumping with a heartbeat that suffuses the forest. Here and there unearthly pink fruits and growths hang from trees, pink spores and petals dancing in the wind. And everywhere hungry things prowl.

The Hart of the Forest beats.

Beware, lest your heart beat along with it.

Magdalene died.

But that's okay.

It happens every now and again.

A huge pink fruit growing on an inverted trunk swells. Bigger, fatter, straining until at least it burst with a wet pop, disgorging a monster that looks like a cross between a human, a wolf, and a reindeer into a snowdrift stained pink with eldritch magic. The monster heaves, vomiting out pink fluid into a puddle around her claws. For a moment she rests there, panting, her breath turning to clouds in the cold. Thoughts are getting fuzzy. Words are getting hard. Break. Break them. Snap and break bad.

She reaches up, grips her antlers, and with a roar and a crack of bone sunders them. In an all too familiar sensation her monstrous form begins rotting away until all that remains in a small, shivering, human child.

Defiant.

Not frightened.

She grabs the furry hide of her former body and wraps it around herself to stave off the cold and begins climbing. She's too deep, here. To escape she must ascend.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #35

[Visiting Family]

"It sounds pretty good," Zophiel says. Pretty similar to what he was doing in the emptied fort before coming back to the Nexus, when he wasn't studying seals and history.
    But, if you asked him, he'd rather there be more people around. Sure, there's people here in Huntside, but it's not quite the same. Not, like, a population-dense city or whatever, but...it's just different. Not sure how to describe it.

He goes inside.

Looking at all the animals, he starts to wonder a few things, one of which he asks about: "So, all these. Did you tame them, or make them, or something else? It's pretty impressive how many there are." Since it seems like she can make some, but if he remembers correctly she raised some of them or other things?

[A Cold Day]

About...twenty or twenty-five seconds later, the paladin reaches the cave, with his new wings (and the corresponding clothing torn a little to allow space for the wings) and also the sword-and-rope that was stuck in the wall; the rope is trailing behind him and still dangling out. The sword is on his back, and after seeing what's going on and how Sekhmet needs help, he draws the other one - the blue one.

He holds the sword horizontally, with one hand near the tip, and starts circulating spiritual energy through it. "Decide what to cut and what to leave whole," he instructs the sword, reminding it of its job.

He swings it at the ice that's entrapping Sekhmet.
    Rather than dividing the ice, though, a sword of this size would smash and shatter something like ice while it cuts through it. Of course, the sword remembers to not cut Sekhmet as it passes by and through her.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

6. - Top - End - #36

[Visiting Family]

"Oh, it's a mix. This guy-" After taking her helmet back off and putting it on a rack near the door, Hunter picks up a long snaky thing of beautiful colors and twines it around her neck. "-I rescued from a crashed ship that was sinking into the ocean. First thing I ever did after becoming Hunter. That's where I learned to sing. While these-" she waves at the little pterosaurs in the rafters, who have one big eye at the end of their tail and long needle-thing noses "-I created myself. And that there-" she grabs a medium-sized hamsterball that has an orange ooze thing in it, and swings it about playfully. "-is a failed experiment Leah and I were working on together. It's friendly, though." The ooze twists itself around in tandem with being swung, and then bobbles in Zophiel's direction once it's let go again. A pack of rat-sized foxes spring up from their den and swarm around the feet of the two visitors, yipping and laughing. "And those are from Message's work. So really it's a whole lot of different things."

[A Cold Day]

Anchor turns back upon hearing that. Ice of despair, isn't it?
    "Hey, you're going to be fine. I mean, we're right here. We'll get you out."
    She speaks a few hard-to-render words and creates a wave of warmth to help get rid of the ice after Zophiel shattered it.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

A Cold Day

Sekhmet starts when Zophiel swings the sword at her, but she can't move so she doesn't avoid it. With the ice smashed off part of her, she starts breathing more calmly and between herself and Anchor, the rest of the ice can be melted off. She's still freezing cold, pretty damp, and constantly shivering. "Brrr. Uh, thanks. She, uh, should be in the next chasm." Sekhmet continues along the passage much more slowly than before. Until they reach the end. A new chasm, even larger than the first, meets the heroes eyes. They've emerged somewhere near the top of a huge vertical shaft of ice in pitch blackness. Sekhmet casts forward a ball of flame, illuminating the screaming frozen faces in flickering firelight. "It's, uh, bigger than I expected. This, uh, might take a while."

My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Sylvanas

Also trapped in the trees is someone else, a mortal human. Or mostly human. They're a young man, with dark skin and black hair and blue eyes standing out from their otherwise dark skin. They're covered in scratches and cuts, and their clothes- a pair of brown trousers and nothing else- are ripped and torn. A leather lead is attached to a slightly tarnished copper collar around their neck. He's very scared, unarmed and bleeding quite a bit. "Hello? Hello, are you there? Um, can you help me? I... I don't know how I got here."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

9. - Top - End - #39

[Sylvanas]

Magdalene ascends.

The snow-caked roots and branches are cold, but the cold hasn't bothered her much for a long time. The hide helps. Keeps things from freezing. And wearing clothing, even rudimentary clothing, helps remind her that she isn't a beast. That's something you have to learn quickly when traveling through the tangled roots of the forest. Find ways to remind yourself that you aren't a beast otherwise you'll end up as one.

Or maybe a meal for one.

But getting eaten might still happen even if you DO keep your wits.

Thankfully for Magdalene that would just be a setback. She would be born again deep down in the roots and she would have to start climbing toward the canopy again. A pain. A setback. More likely that someone else will kill her corpse and loot it. But, in the end, not a huge problem.

As she's walking barefoot across a huge snowy branch, the furs pulled tight around her, she comes upon a curious sight.

Below her a few levels, stumbling around and making WAY to much noise, is another human.

An idiot.

A normie.

Magdalene pauses for a few seconds, glaring at him. What a jerk, going and letting himself get seen by her. It's going to be SO MUCH harder getting out of here while protecting his stupid butt. Couldn't he have just gotten eaten by some beasts and saved her the trouble? Magdalene does not, however, consider pretending she didn't see him and moving on. The thought doesn't even cross her mind. No, she swiftly and with practiced care climbs down through the roots toward him.

He'll soon see a girl climbing out of the brush wrapped in furs, a dusting of snow on her shoulders. She looks maybe fourteen or fifteen years old with strangely white, shaggy hair shot through with mottled brown. Her eyes are an eerie shade of pink and glow in the low light. The same color as the veins of eldritch magic winding through the branches. A similar pink glow can be seen bleeding out from under her furs right about where her heart out to be.

"Be QUIET you idiot," Magdalene hisses. "Do you want the whole (flowering) forest to hear you?"

The forest is, as it happens, deathly quiet. There is only the sound of the Hartbeat and the steady falling of snow.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2020-11-15 at 07:10 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Sylvanas

The lad shivers as Magdalene approaches, and he jumps at even the whisper of her voice. He turns and looks, still shivering, and nods vigorously. "Sorry, I, um, I don't know where I am. My... master dropped my lead, and I ran and ran and found my way here and can't figure out the way back." Her unusual appearance goes uncommented on; he's not in a situation to pick and choose who rescues him.

11. - Top - End - #41

[Sylvanas]

So he just stumbled headlong into the forest.

UGH.

Well, that happens sometimes. Usually people just get eaten when they wander into the woods. This kid is REALLY lucky. And really UNlucky. Maybe he's just extremely lucky? Either way, Magdalene motions for him to follow.

"Then stay with me. And stay quiet. I know how to get out. We gotta get up higher where the gates are open,"
    she says as she starts off through the snow. The lad has found himself trudging through it, the drifts nearly up to his knees. Magdalene, by contrast, is walking along the surface of the snow as if she weighed nothing.

Perhaps most disturbingly is the fact that she's leaving large deer hoofprints in the snow rather than small human footprints.

She pauses at the trunk of a huge tree covered in swollen pink fruits, staring into a great gash in the trunk. Her gaze moves from the tree, to the lad struggling in the snow, to the tree again. Magdalene heaves a heavy sigh.

"Hey you're cold right? We can go through part of the forest that hasn't got any snow but there are going to be more monsters. You rather die of cold or die of getting eaten?"

That isn't a great choice.

12. - Top - End - #42

[Visiting Family]

"Oh," he says, "cool." That's an amazing variety. "And you're still trying to make new kinds?"

He waves at the ooze.

He was walking so that he could look at more of them at different angles, but when they get swarmed by foxes he suddenly stops: they look pretty easy to accidentally step on (especially since they're so friendly), and he doesn't want to do that.

[A Cold Day]

It's probably that the more hopeless everything feels, the harder it is to melt and the more it spreads.

As they walk, Zophiel loops up the rope and unties it from the sword. Once it's looped up, he tries to return it to Anchor.
    He then keeps his sword drawn as they go through. He doesn't try to pass anybody, because wings are awkward when trying to pass someone. Especially when you're not used to them. Because of this, he walks in the back and when they get to the new chasm, he doesn't try to get closer to look at it.

It's rather fortunate, then, that he's pretty tall so he can see over them decently.

"So, is she stuck in the wall? Or do we have to search all the branching caves?" the paladin* asks, because even from his angle he can see how massive it is.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #43

[Visiting Family]

"That's right! All sorts of different kinds, with different strengths and abilities." Hunter hops over to a counter and retrieves a snack with which to distract the foxes, so that Zophiel can go free and admire the animals from more angles. Being able to watch Zophiel from different angles is a pretty common feature among them, as it happens.
    They're harder to step on than you might think; relatively they're very quick. But it is a possibility. They live very dangerous lives, the miniature foxes.
    "Which brings us to why we're here! Well, sorta, forest sharks aren't exactly new."
    She ducks into another room and comes back carrying an armful of jars, each of which are filled with light.
    "Have you thought of a name you'd like to give it?"

[A Cold Day]

Anchor nods to Sekhmet.
    "Right. I mean, if we work together, we have nothing to worry about, so don't let this place get to you."
    She puts the sword back in its scabbard, and, as they walk along, accepts the rope back from Zophiel.

When they reach the edge of the chasm, she hangs back, looking through the dim light.
    "A while because of how big it is? Or because you don't know where in the chasm she is? I mean, I think I can help with the second one, now that we're close."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

A Cold Day

"Just, uh, how big it is. Unless you can, uh, fly, we, uh, might need to leave you here and, uh, go on ourselves." She's not sure where Zophiel got those wings from, but she doesn't especially care. She flaps out into the chasm. "She's along this wall, over there." She points. That would be a pretty long climb, mostly horizontal, but a little downwards, and the wall is slippery. "It's, uh, really clear now." There's some sort of supernatural connection between the two Sekhmets, one that gives them an awareness of each other.

Where did that creature go? There were no branching paths, they should've encountered it? Maybe in its confusion it fell to its demise in this pit? Weird.

My Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Sylvanas

The lad nods and doesn't say anything, trudging after Magdalene. The footprints are weird, but so is this forest. He holds his arms close against his body, thrusting hands into his armpits to try and warm them up. He stumbles occasionally, as his feet are numb and probably frostbitten.

His teeth chattering, he stops when Magdalene does. He clenches his teeth briefly before trying to talk, and it's still rather hard to hear. "E-e-eaten s-sounds f-faster. Th-that sounds g-good. W-well, not-ot g-g-good, bu-but. Y'kn-know." And he's already freezing to death. Not freezing first would improve his ability to escape.

16. - Top - End - #46

[Visiting Family]

"I was thinking about it," he says, but then the fight happened and he was distracted and forgot to finish thinking about it.

So.
    "Um..." He stops looking at all the creatures around so that he can focus on it.

He thinks.
    Hm.
    Hm hm hm.
    He goes with one of the first things that comes to mind. It feels really really familiar, so that probably means it's a good name. "How about Caramel?" he suggests. It really does feel familiar, so he should definitely go with that one.

[A Cold Day]

Obviously Zophiel got his wings by tearing them off of a passing demon and sewed them on himself.

Zophiel is torn.
    "I don't think we should leave anyone alone," he says. Especially because they didn't run into whoever attacked those two. "And since there's three of us..."

"But we also have to keep track of this tunnel because we don't want to get lost on the way back."

He sighs and turns towards Anchor, letting her decide because it affects her the most: "What do you think?"
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-11-16 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Mispellee caramel as carmel. Also accidentally deleted half of post. And doubled the other half.

17. - Top - End - #47

[A Cold Day]

"We don't have to leave the way we came. I mean, we can just go up out of this chasm, right?"

Anchor gets one of the books from her belt and flips to a marked page.
    "I can fly for a medium-while."
    She starts whispering the spell from that page, and her shadow wraps around her, and its wings now seem not insubstantial shapes of darkness, but even more real and solid than Anchor herself.
    "Lead the way, Sekhmet."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

A Cold Day

Sekhmet flies off towards where she pointed. It's a few minutes of flying later that the trio arrives at what they seek. There, frozen into the wall, is Sekhmet as Zophiel and Anchor would recognize. Her face is frozen in a silent, tormented scream. Sekhmet flaps next to her and then presses her hand against the ice right in front of her double's face. "I'll, uh, need time to melt her free and awaken her. This, uh, has to be done carefully." She begins using her fire to thaw out the frozen Sekhmet. Hopefully nothing disturbs them during the process.

Nope.

A series of unearthly screeches tears through the chamber from below, dislodging chunks of ice from the ceiling. Then, after a second, the source comes into view. Dozens of those creatures they encountered attacking Sekhmet are running up the wall towards them, apparently unconcerned with gravity. Sekhmet glances down. "Can you hold them, uh, off of me while I'm working?" She is not good at fighting.

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #49

[Visiting Family]

Hunter gets to work assembling a forest shark, uncapping each bottle in turn and spinning the contents through her fingers and into real matter. Behind the visor that mostly conceals them, her eyes are glowing a deep blue.
    "Excellent name! Caramel. Hmm."
    First it's just a black outline, then it fills out into a shape with depth and shade, and then it gets its sunny brown color.
    The singing gets quite different in tone and slows rather down, all the creatures in the bunker watching the creation.

And before you know it, there's a living being!
    The forest shark does look cute, with its big head, big eyes, big ears, and its fluffy fur. But you know, it does have quite a bite!
    Caramel looks up to Hunter, and then over to Zophiel, tails wagging, and unsteadily stands up.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2020-11-16 at 09:44 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #50

[Sylvanas]

Well he probably shouldn't have gone and walked into an icy forest then? Should have thought twice before doing something so dumb!

"Yeah yeah, c'mon you idiot,"
    Magdalene says as she leads the lad into the hollow tree trunk. The inside is... well. It's just a hollow tree? Slightly warmer in here. Especially since there's no snow to stand in. Magdalene begins riffling through the leaf-litter on the floor with her fingers in search of something. "Where the (flower) is it? There's always bones and coals in these trees..." she mutters.

After a minute or so she gives a little, "Ha!" and comes up with a rib! Also a little black peace of charcoal!

Then she takes dead ember and begins drawing on the inside of the trunk with it. A crude snowflake at the top. Then a poorly drawn flower. Then a simple sun. And finally a full moon. Then she stabs the rib into the wood so part of it is facing generally in the direction of the snowflake and begins turning it. She moves the bone from the snowflake to the flower and stops at the sun.

"Okay, there. Let's go," she says, stepping back out of the hollow tree into the forest the same way she came. "You're lucky I know all the shortcuts."

The forest outside the tree is exactly the same. Except instead of snowdrifts there are marshy pools of spongy soil, mud, and water. It's incredibly hot and humid, the trees covered in lush green leaves and tufts of brown grass that has gone to seed abounds. The sound of droning insects is almost deafening and the lad will almost immediately find himself beset by biting flies. Magdalene tosses her heavy furs aside and focuses, frost like white fur crystallizing across most of her body to provide some much needed relief from the sweltering heat AND a little bit of modesty since there's a stupid boy following her around. Her broken antlers drop off as velvety new antlers start growing in. The eldritch light lodged in her chest is plain to see, pulsing in tune with the heartbeat of the forest.

She swats at the pesky flies a few times, then with a clinching gesture conjures a hungering totem. She grips it with both hands and pulls it up by the roots, placing the hideous thing over her shoulder. It begins sapping the ravenous insects of their vitality and feeding it into the lad to mend his wounds.

"Okay that'll keep the (flowering) bugs off. C'mon," she commands as she sets out again.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Sylvanas

The young man- who's probably not quite eighteen yet- frowns as Magdalene rummages in the soil in the hollow tree, curious as to what she's doing. He follows her out, eyes wide in astonishment. "How'd you do that? It was amazing." And there's more to come, as she's just taken off her furs and grown ice instead. He's not really used to the idea of modesty; his own skimpy clothing, the collar and the lead hanging from it suggest his own modesty hasn't been a consideration for a while.

The totem dealing both with the annoying flies and patching up his many aggravating cuts, scratches and frostbite.

22. - Top - End - #52

[Sylvanas]

This weird girl he found is definitely strange and probably not actually human.

Magdalene immediately sets off to climbing upward, striking off on a a huge branch wrapping around the trunk of a tree. Mashy water flows down a depression in the middle of the branch, full of little critters that would be more than happy to begin eating the feet of anyone making the ascent. Thankfully the totem that Magdalene is carrying is eating all the little pests before they can cause any harm. Otherwise the lad's feet would probably be covered in leeches by now.

"So who are you, anyway?" Magdalene shouts to be heard over the din of insects everywhere. "Who beat you up? Or did you get smacked by some beasties here in the forest?"

She's not going to explain exactly where the lad is.

Why would she?

It isn't like she knows more about the Hart of the Forest than anyone else.

It's big and asleep and hungry. The end.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

Sylvanas

"I... My master called me Fido. I can't remember what my mother named me. He took me for a walk in the woods. I walked, he sat on a palanquin held by guards. A gang of muggers appeared, and demanded his money. I yanked my lead from the guard holding me and ran into the thickest set of brambles I could. I got the scratches from the trees, there and here. I'm... not really used to forestry. I don't think this is the forest I ran into, though. Where are we?" He shouts back, waving away more of the insects. Most of the injuries are quite shallow, but a few are deeper and taking longer to heal. He's got a few splinters of wood stuck in his flesh, too. Not sure if they'd be pushed out or healed around by the totem.

24. - Top - End - #54

[Sylvanas]

"Fido?" Magdalene replies, pulling disgusted look. "Like a dog? Your master sounds like a real (flowering) piece of (rose)."

She has such an artful way with words.

The girl shoves some underbrush out of the way and keeps walking, careful as she skirts around a rather unfriendly tree trunk covered in thousands of sharp spines.

"Summertime part of Sylvanas, I guess. The Hart of the Forest. You're climbing around inside an old god," Magdalene replies matter of factly. Oh, well. That's good to know, right? "Hungry things live here. Sometimes they get out into the human world and eat people. Sometimes they do worse than eat people."

Sometimes they make people at each other.

"There's riftgates up higher that'll get us out of here. Can't just gate out this deep," she says. Then moves to sharply shove the lad into a nearby shrub and dive in after him. "Don't move and don't make a sound," she hisses.

Branches snap and leaves rustle as something large approaches.

25. - Top - End - #55

[A Cold Day]

Oh. Yeah. They probably can just break through the ceiling. It looked capped off and they couldn't see it from the surface, but it shouldn't be that hard to just break through. "Yeah, you're right. It should be easy to break through the roof."

He flies afterwards. The wings don't feel very natural yet, so he's not that agile with them.

Zophiel gets there and spots the frozen Sekhmet.
    He feels a pang of regret. When she's free, he really needs to make it up to her and apologize just like he did with Selekhael.

He looks down and sees all those creatures.
    "Yes, I'll go down there and try to stop them," he says. He then recommends to Anchor that she take care of the closest ones and any that get through.

The paladin stops flapping his wings, so that he can freefall towards the creatures. He needs to do something really flashy that makes a big splash, to force them to pay attention to him. While falling, he draws the red blade again and runs his hand along its blade. It becomes covered in black threads again.
    Nearing them, he slows his fall and prepares to throw the sword.
    Rather than throwing it at any one of them in particular, he throws the sword into one of the caves. As the sword sails through the air, the threads parachute out like a spider web blowing in the wind - and, like a massive spider web, it clings to the wall over a large area. Any of the creatures who are caught in the web or who later walk over the threads aren't trapped or stuck to it; instead, they'll feel like time is slowed to a crawl for them, that they have so much time to think but their bodies are just far too slow for them. In effect, it'll significantly slow them down.

[Visiting Family]

The paladin watches the process. It's really neat, and he's not entirely sure how it's working. But it's definitely good to watch.

Seeing the three-tailed six-legged cute fluffy creature, he wants to pet it.

He crouches down to get closer to Caramel, and holds his hand out, while letting Caramel close the rest of the distance. "Hi, there," he says. Some animals don't like it if you reach straight at them, so...he assumes this one might be the same.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Sylvanas

"He... There's a reason why I ran away." Fido doesn't say anything more than that.

He doesn't have much time to think about what Magdalene said before he's suddenly pushed into a bush and Magdalene lands on top of him. He blushes at the closeness, before he pales from the sounds of the thing moving nearby. He's not moving, and biting his lip, and trying desperately not to breathe too hard.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Fel squeezes back and finishes her drink.

I’d like that very much.

Tell me more about your parents, then.
    [The Planet Express - Fel and Rosie]

Rosie takes a sip of her drink, being careful not to finish it too quickly. "Well..." She starts, looking up and to the side as she taps her chin, then back at her girlfriend. "My Dad's not from the Nexus, a Tall Human like myself. My mum's from Inside. They fell in love and had me. Dad had to be absent at times for work, but he made it up to me when he was around. I was bigger than my mum by the time I was 5 years old, but my size didn't help me any when I chased a butterfly into the Red Zone. After I awakened my power of Conqueror's Haki, I got to see Dad's world for myself, and trained under warriors. We got even closer, and when he brought me back he chose to retire. Now he's in Inside working as a weaponsmith."

She shrinks and jumps up so she's riding Fel's shoulder. "It's during that period I got the ability to shrink my size. As for my mum, she's an Insider from the Blue Zone with a rich family. They didn't accept my Dad at first, but after seeing how much they love each other, they yielded. No regrets so far... I suppose you got your powers from your Dad? Any ones I don't know of yet?"
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-11-18 at 03:54 PM.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

28. - Top - End - #58

[A Cold Day]

Anchor looks at 'past Sekhmet' through the distortion of the ice for a few moments, saying nothing.
    And then comes the screeching.

"Yeah. I mean, just focus on getting her out."
    The spindly chasm monsters may be ignoring gravity, but other things aren't. Look how her hard shadow wings have to keep beating to hold her in approximately the same place!
    So the first thing Anchor does is start materializing huge cubes of darkness, a little below where the Sekhmets are, to fall down the face of the ice. Ideally they'll crash into the monsters and send them way down, but at the very least they should get in the way.

[Visiting Family]

Hunter closes up the jars of light and ferries them back to where they belong.
    Caramel considers Zophiel, eyeing him suspiciously, and then pounces! Jumping on his hand, to pin it with the front two paws-
    -and lick him! Scent and taste are their best senses, after all. Then scrambles around to examine him and this whole strange room they have appeared in.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2020-11-18 at 10:17 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

A Cold Day

Sekhmet nods and gets to melting Sekhmet out of the ice. Meanwhile a lot of darkness-themed attacks start raining down on the climbing monsters. A large group is bogged down in slowing tendrils, and a lot more are knocked off the wall by shadow blocks, plummeting screaming into the abyss. But they still come, clawing their way through the darkness towards the heroes.

Meanwhile, an extra set of heavy breathing suddenly joins the heroes up above. Sekhmet has melted off the ice from her double's nose and mouth, and she's now breathing, heavily and uncomfortably.

My Nexus characters

30. - Top - End - #60

[A Cold Day]

The paladin sees that...while it slowed them down, that's only a temporary measure. Hopefully it helps get enough time for up there to work out.

After watching the darkness cubes for a few moments, he can now see where the majority are getting stopped and where some are getting through. Drawing his blue sword, the paladin flies to one of the caves above the climbing creatures. He lands so that he can get good footing, and then starts building up energy in the sword. Once there's enough and the creatures have drawn closer, he leans out and swings - and a line of cut goes down the wall, cutting at the creatures around and below him.

"How much longer, do you think?" he calls up since he can't really see the progress and doesn't want to overextend and then leave everyone open when there's still a lot of time left.

[Visiting Family]

As Zophiel's hand is pinned, he expects it to get bitten.
    He's a little relieved that it's just a tongue and not teeth.

He tastes like a paladin, mostly.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.