New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Serious Plots 9: Srsr and srsr

A Cold Day

Sekhmet has a bunch of blankets piled on her, then Prumathe begins warming her up with his body heat. She smiles faintly and shakes her head. "I'm not dying. I'm already dead." She looks at Prumathe with tears in her eyes. "I remember dying. The light, so bright, all of me fell apart before it. Then the cold and the darkness, and I couldn't move or breathe and..." She hugs him as hard as she can. She's cold, as cold as death. "I'm going to go back there! I don't want to go! Hold me!"
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

Nyx

That is an odd question. Fido's never questioned his own reality before. Now probably isn't a good time to start. It's planted a seed of doubt, though. Why can't he remember the name his mother gave him? Surely it wasn't Fido. His mother didn't treat him like a dog, did she? He was six, when he left her and went to the Orphanage. They treated him as a commodity, and not even a valuable one; gave him a number, which labelled all 'his' things. Then, at eleven, his master adopted him, dubbed him Fido. That was only eight years ago, so... why can't he remember his name?

"Yes, I'm real. How about you?" With the shudder, Fido looks around and frowns at the sight of the spreading... Whatever it is. "I don't either, Peter. But I don't think it's going to be safe here for much longer. We should get out, I think this building is collapsing." And the last place you want to be is inside a collapsing building.

Cold Day

"No, Sekhmet, no! You are not dead, this is GLoG, you are not dead and that wasn't you. You're my wife and I won't let you die!" He pumps his biomancy to get hotter, and reaches out to hold Sekhmet tight. He'll lean over and kiss her, too. Passionately and fervently, desperate to keep her alive.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

[A Cold Day]

The winged paladin waits a few more moments in case there's anything else they need.

It looks like they don't, though. And he doesn't want to get in their way.

So, he goes outside the cabin like he said he would.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

A Cold Day

"I love you," Sekhmet says sadly, "Don't let me go." The kiss seems to shock her partway out of it. "Prumathe!" She reaches up to touch his forehead. "You're burning up! That's, uh, not good!" Her own body suddenly spikes in heat in response.

My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Eagle View Post
    [The Planet Express - Fel and Rosie]

Rosie takes a sip of her drink, being careful not to finish it too quickly. "Well..." She starts, looking up and to the side as she taps her chin, then back at her girlfriend. "My Dad's not from the Nexus, a Tall Human like myself. My mum's from Inside. They fell in love and had me. Dad had to be absent at times for work, but he made it up to me when he was around. I was bigger than my mum by the time I was 5 years old, but my size didn't help me any when I chased a butterfly into the Red Zone. After I awakened my power of Conqueror's Haki, I got to see Dad's world for myself, and trained under warriors. We got even closer, and when he brought me back he chose to retire. Now he's in Inside working as a weaponsmith."

She shrinks and jumps up so she's riding Fel's shoulder. "It's during that period I got the ability to shrink my size. As for my mum, she's an Insider from the Blue Zone with a rich family. They didn't accept my Dad at first, but after seeing how much they love each other, they yielded. No regrets so far... I suppose you got your powers from your Dad? Any ones I don't know of yet?"
    Well, not exactly.

The sorcery comes from my mother’s side, and it was only really a few years ago where I found this sword in a dungeon that I could sense belonged to me, and it led me to my father.

That’s when my size became permanent, and I’m still not sure what else will happen down the road, power wise, from my father.

I earned the right to control my size from completing a labyrinth.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Nyx]

"I think so..." Peter replies uncertainly. At Fido's alarm, he responds with a statement of dread. "Everything falls apart here. Even people."

Well.

That isn't ecnouraging at all, is it?

Then the boy looks up at Fido and the situation becomes even less encouraging. That horrid purple light is eating half of Peter's face, gradually creeping across his skin like a slow burning flame.

"Everyone else already fell apart. You're going to fall apart, too."

It doesn't look like he has any intention of moving. Staying down here will be dangerous since those awful fissures in reality are spreading. Fido really doesn't want to get that consuming light on him. It will, without question, do bad things. He could make it back to the door and climb out of the cathedral. But he should hurry. The fissures haven't reached the door yet and there's no telling whether or not it will still be there when they do. Alternatively he could try smashing one of the large windows and climbing out through there.

One way or the other, he should probably leave. And soon.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

Cold Day

"Not until you warm up. I'm running a fever till you warm up and aren't hypothermic. Because you aren't dead yet, Sekhmet, and won't be so long as I can breathe." He's got no intention of stopping, and kisses her again. The spike in her heat is felt, but he's going to keep running his metabolism hot until he's sure it's stabilised. And then probably he'll eat something. Half a cow looks good.

Nyx

Fido's eyes widen and he steps back at the sight of Peter's face, but he sticks around a bit longer. "I'm leaving this place now. The temple, I mean. If you want to live a bit longer, you should come with me. Maybe find a way out of this whole place, and not just the temple." Or they might not, but Fido's finding hope is keeping him going right now. Even if he isn't really real.

8. - Top - End - #128

[Nyx]

The fractures continues to spread, cracking across the door to the cathedral as more of that nauseating looking, disquietingly biological stone begins pushing its way out of the horrid light. The door is gone now. Only a mass of rock and pulsing light remains. If Fido wants to get out, he's going to have to smash his way through one of the windows.

"I'm falling apart, too. Everything is falling apart," Peter replies as the the burning light continues to spread across his body. There's a horrible crunching sound as the side of the lad most corrupted by the light begins turning in on itself as flesh takes on a fluted texture, full of ridges and pits and strobbing neon green light. It looks like he's getting crumbled into a sphere.

Just like the cathedral.

It would probably be a good time to get moving, Fido.

And don't touch that horrid light.

Unless, of course, you feel like being a sphere as well.

There isn't much time. The corruption is rapidly spreading.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Cold Day

"No! You'll hurt yourself! It's not safe!" Sekhmet is tugging at Prumathe's clothes now in an attempt to get him to listen to her. She's heating up herself, some of the outlying bits of ice melting off her. "Prumathe, stop! I don't want my husband to kill himself!"

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

Cold Day

"Don't care. Well, I do. I don't really want to die. But I want to lose you even less than that. I'll cool down if you warm up. That's a promise, Sekhmet." Prumathe keeps going, dangerously so but if it saves Sekhmet, it's worth it.

Nyx

Fido grimaces and runs to the window, glad he's got the candlestick. He'll smash the window and jump through. He hasn't noticed, but on the way the light touched the candlestick, slowly corrupting the bronze bludgeon he's relying on for confidence.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

A Cold Day

"I can't just choose to warm up!" Sekhmet seems to be doing a good job anyway. She's shedding drops of water that were formerly ice enough that she can stand up and hug Prumathe. "Stop! Please stop! Please!" She begs. Her own body is heating up as she holds him. "I don't want to lose you."

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #132

[Nyx]

The window is smashed and Fido bails through it. The sensation is very jarring. Previously the window was the 'floor' and Fido falls through it. Now the outer surface of the cathedral-sphere is the 'floor' and Fido is falling back towards it again. Thankfully he had enough forward momentum to flop onto the outer surface of the sphere. Also thankfully the portion he just flopped onto isn't being consumed with horrid light. It still looks like a sensible building. Just a building that has been impossibly warped into a sphere.

There's a gargoyle nearby, water spouting from its mouth and streaming off into the... sky?

DOES this place even have a sky?

Should Fido focus too much attention on looking 'up' he'll probably regret it. There's an impression of something watching him. Something incomprehensibly vast and old terrible. A bottomless gulf of nothing. He probably shouldn't look at it. Looking at the sky instead of focusing on Magdalene is what GOT him into this mess, wasn't it? Keep your eyes on the ground, Fido.

Don't look at it.

Fido has several options here. He could gaze into the abyss and probably lose himself to it. Or he could investigate the cathedral sphere further. That disquieting organic look is still spreading across its surface, even if it's vaguely recognizable as what it was originally. There's a swaying tendril perhaps two meters wide extending from the surface of the cathedral sphere to ANOTHER sphere that doesn't look like it has any of the horrid light currently burning its way across it. The only problem is the tendril of shattered crystal panes is a sheer pillar leading straight up to the other sphere. Maybe Fido could climb it?

What shall he do?

13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground

Cold Day

"If it keeps you alive, I'm happy. Besides, it's working." Prumathe grins, and holds Sekhmet tight. He does start to cool down, however; he remains very hot, even dangerously so, but he's cooler.

Nyx

Fido takes a moment to catch his balance and recover from the shift in gravity. He stands up and looks around, spotting the gargoyle nearby and walking over to it and checking to ensure it looks and smells right before bending down and having a drink of it. Hopefully it's just rainwater, but... Well, hard to be sure.

Once his thirst is quenched- or not- he looks up the water spout, to see if it goes anywhere. That... captures his attention again, and he can't stop staring, not for a while. Five minutes, maybe. He can't tell, he has no way of telling how long.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

A Cold Day

"It is? It is!" Sekhmet hugs Prumathe even tighter. "I don't have to go anywhere, you saved me!" She looks concerned though. "But, uh, you really do need to cool down."

My Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

A Cold Day

Prumathe sighs and lowers his metabolism back to a normal level, though he's keeping a close feel on Sekhmet's own body heat. If hers starts to plummet, he'll put his back up until they can figure out a more permanent solution. If that's even possible.

16. - Top - End - #136

[Nyx]

Fido finds himself staring into the horrid light, and the horrid light staring back at him.

He can't look away. He can't turn his head. He can close his eyes, but he can still see it. It's everywhere, waiting. Waiting at the end of time for everything to go sliding away into that fathomless cold blackness.

There's pain.

But he can't looking away.

Everything falls apart here. Even you.

Seconds. Minutes. Hours. Days. Years. Aeons. What does time matter at the end of all things?

By the time Fido manages to look away his eyes are gone, replaced with absolute blackness. Cracks have spider-webbed away from his sockets, tiny fissures filled with that horrid light. Nyx has taken all of his fears and desires and doubts and hopes and dreams and replaced them all with terrible purpose.

To work toward bringing about the inevitable end.

The time when the Insatiable Night consumes everything.

There is a shining trapezohedron in his hands, dark as night. It feels cold. Cold as the heat-death of the cosmos. But it doesn't harm him. There is a riftgate leading back to the Nexus. Fido must find a place to plant the seed entrusted to him, to let it grow and consume. This he must do. This will be accomplished. It is inevitable.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

Nyx

Fido 'looks' down at the item in his hand, and smiles. He strides purposefully forward, gripping the trapezohedron, and through the rift back to the Nexus.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

A Cold Day

Sekhmet jumps for joy as Prumathe stops killing himself. She remains warm, with just a touch of chill in her fingertips. "Uh, let's both never do that again. I, uh, won't die as long as you don't." She hugs him again and again. "I'm, uh, so sorry I worried you." Her armor clinks together as she moves.

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground

A Cold Day

"Agreed. I'm really hungry now. We should find that other guy, and get something to eat. What happened? He said something, but... I wasn't really concentrating on him. Why did you go back? How do you have this armour? You went to your mother without me?" He doesn't particularly approve of that, even if he can't actually do much about Sapphira.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

A Cold Day

"Oh, uh, this?" Sekhmet straightens out the armor. "I went to her, uh, palace while she was bound. It was an accident, but, uh, I stole all my princess regalia from her." All of the fancy clothes in her closet came from that incident. She looks outside to where Zophiel is. "Uh, Anchor, one of Message's avatars, uh, informed me that there was another me in Hell, so, I, uh, went to get her. But then she, uh, became a part of me." She gives Prumathe a hug. "I'll, uh, go change into something more decent and, uh, comfortable, then we can, uh, make some dinner?"

My Nexus characters

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

A Cold Day

Prumathe nods in response, though it doesn't make a lot of sense to him yet. "How was she bound? And how do you steal clothing accidentally?" Prumathe watches as Sekhmet walks off, and gets up himself to find Zophiel, let him know Sekhmet's OK.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

A Cold Day

"You remember when we bound her, don't you? It was the time you saved my life. And I didn't accidentally steal the clothes. It was an accident that I opened the portal."

Sekhmet leaves and returns in a simple long grey dress and a winter coat to protect against the chill hanging over her. "What do you want to eat? I could try cooking something or we could go out somewhere.

My Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #143
    Orc in the Playground

A Cold Day

"Oh! Yes, of course. Didn't realise you had taken the armour, too." Earl was being stupid. "Let's eat out somewhere, celebrate mutually not dying. And, um, rescuing yourself from Hell." That seems a good thing to celebrate with a meal, right? He's still looking for Zophiel, if he's still about.

24. - Top - End - #144

[A Cold Day]

The paladin Zophiel is just outside.

The fact that he can see that he looks fine and not distraught tells enough, since the only reason he can imagine why he would leave her side is if she is fine or if she needs help.

"So she's doing well, I take it?" he says. "Good."

He turns his head, to look at the rest of GLoG. "If you think I should stick around just in case, I can."
    But if not, he should probably leave. He absorbed a lot of demonic despair-energy and he's not entirely sure how he is going to remove the wings or fix his hands anytime soon and so he might have some things to figure out.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

A Cold Day

Sekhmet pulls her coat the rest of the way on and follows Prumathe outside. "It's okay, uh, you can go. We're just going to get a bite to eat."
    She's in the mood for something hot and filling, to keep her warm inside.

My Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #146
    Orc in the Playground

A Cold Day

"Thank you for bringing her to me, she is OK now." He hopes. She's just integrated another personality into her own, and whilst that personality is also hers, there might be oddities. Also, this means Sekhmet remembers Benedict now. He still doesn't have a clue who she is.

"Indian sound good to you?" Prumathe smiles; he could eat a lot of curry. And it's warm, so Sekhmet might like it too.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

A Cold Day

"That sounds lovely." Sekhmet puts her arm around Prumathe (she's warmer that way) and will follow him where he wants to lead. "Bye Zophiel! Thanks for the, uh, help!"

My Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #148

[A Cold Day]

Zophiel waves. "Any time!" he replies.

After a short run to pick up speed, he starts flying again, going back to Message's Temple to retrieve his swords and update Anchor on Sekhmet's well-being.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Halfling in the Playground

[Gem Dungeon Floor 5]

"Oh? What's so special about that thing?" Fettina asks about the scepter as Rein examines it. She sidles over to the music box and gently turns the crank, seeing if it will play.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gem Dungeon Treasure Haul]

"This?" Rein asks. Nothing as far as he was aware. "Oh, uh, figure out the right command words to say and it'll make you feel like a queen. I meant the hooded cloak you got. Here, I'll trade if you want." Reinholdt offers the scepter of queenliness in exchange for the cloak.

In the meanwhile, he'll check out the books to see if any are magic, or indeed even legible. He suspects they're just first edition books of some story that's long since faded from the pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.