Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Crag Noir (IC)

1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Crag Noir (IC)

Seeing Silistra again, there is once more this stab into her heart, seeing her broken down like this. But there are signs their meeting yesterday had an effect, that Natalya reached her. She is going to take her sister away from this place today. She knows this, she can feel her goddess being with her, and her lover giving her all the support she could wish for. And Evindress can feel all of this too. Natalya looks to Evindress. "I'm going in. Get ready to cover us if needed." Like a finely crafted machine, they get to work.

Natalya heads in, applying her spells: zone of silence, invisibility, nondetection, expeditious retreat. (spending 50gp for nondetection). Right before the dumpster, she takes the scroll and casts the improvisation, feeling that latent elation of her reserve of luck. When the coast is clear, dumpster lid goes up, swift fly to immediately reach the other side, and the moment she is face to face with Silistra, Natalya points at her and commands "Cast off your chains," firing a dispel magic with all her luck placed in it, her invisibility dissolving in the process, seeking to end Barcella's hold on Silistra.

Once the spell is broken, Natalya holds out her hand to her sister. "I am sorry it took me so long. But no time for talk. Come with me, Sil, to my new home, where we can be free." As soon as Silistra (hopefully) agrees and takes her hand, Natalya casts an invisibility sphere to disguise their departure, heading back out through the dumpster, and mentally contacting Evindress that they are leaving.

Spellcaster check (1d20+6)[18] (plus whatever the improvisation gives)

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

There is a momentary pause, a look of confusion on Silistra's face, making Natalya wonder if it worked or not. But then, the old Silistra is back in place, her seductive charisma already flowing back into her. Natalya? What are you doing here, its not safe. How did you even survive the attack?
    But before she can even answer, Silistra takes her hand, ready to leave and then....
    Natalya sees the drow she assumed to be Barcella suddenly appear behind the pair. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON....Her outraged diatribe is interrupted by a lighting bolt blasting her square in the chest, Natalya seeing Evindress floating behind them on the other side.

Barcella is down, but does not appear dead (yet), Natalya has initiative to act.
    Only a fool fights in a burning house - Klingon proverb

They say "may you live in interesting times"...Ive tried interesting and now I'll take boring.

I am not trusting my research paper to some millennial. They'll put unicorn emojis on it and post it on social media.
    - Sheldon Cooper

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Barcella saw Natalya. She got a smoking hole in her chest, so there very much is cause for vengeance already. But rescuing Silistra is the only important thing right now. Any second wasted lessens the chance of bringing her home safely. If she has any luck, this sort of humiliation will only add to, say, the beating Barcella received from Shandis, to hopefully make Barcella's life hell going forward. And fitting revenge may be had down the line.

With Silistra's hand held, Natalya casts an invisibility sphere, cloaking both of them as they make their way out. I was saved by a very special lady, Natalya telepathically tells her sister, then includes her in her transmission to Evindress. Evindress, love, Silistra and I are leaving invisibly. I leave it to your discretion whether to kill Barcella. Either way is fine to her. She trusts Evindress when it comes to matters of security, of her and the coven. Whichever way things go, should there be a fallout, Natalya is in possession of a spine. She will make things right. When Evindress joins them (knowing Natalya's location through their telepathic bond), Natalya casts invisibility on her and takes her hand as they flee back to the coven.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2021-03-14 at 12:21 PM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Since Natalya does not act, Silistra is more than willing to. She snatches a dagger from Barcella's sash, and plunges it into the hole in her chest to finish her off...say hello to Lolth for me before she turns you into a spider and then looks up to Natalya. I dont know where you plan to take me but lead the way.

They say "may you live in interesting times"...Ive tried interesting and now I'll take boring.

I am not trusting my research paper to some millennial. They'll put unicorn emojis on it and post it on social media.
    - Sheldon Cooper

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Silistra getting her vengeance instantly is just fine with Natalya. Retreating with her and Evindress, she says "To the women who saved me, and who managed to find you. A place where you can begin a new life." the words only for Silistra's and Evindress' ears, unable to get out of the zone of silence. From one Kil'Ratha daughter to another, it is clear secrecy is necessary, but they have learned to be honest with each other. If she did not believe what she said, Natalya would not have said it, and there are no signs of magic influence on her either.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

I hope you havent billed me as a priestess witch because I can no longer cast divine spells. I foreswore Lolth as the House fell and the Kahns tortured me and she shows her wrist which no longer has the spider tattoos on it and that aspect of my talents is gone.

- Sheldon Cooper

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Silistra feels Natalya's hand give hers a gentle squeeze when torture is mentioned. It is not the first time she has heard this... but it still stings. "Do not worry. You are an excellent witch, I doubt anyone would complain. Once we are there, you will learn what we are about, and you will be free to join or leave, though if you decide to leave, you cannot come back in the future. It will be entirely up to you, no tricks, no hidden agendas, no veiled threats. Though I would love it if you joined us."

Perhaps Silistra also has taken note of the spells Natalya has used. She has grown since the last time they saw each other.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

The rest of the trip back to the coven is uneventful and the group is brought into the presence of Kalrissa and one other woman that Natalya is familiar with as the woman who is usually seconding Kalrissa during religious services. Both women are dressed in their finest, which in Nocticulan terms means scandalously little.
    Greetings Silstra, my name is Kalrissa and this woman is Kethiria, you already know your rescuers. Yours and Natalya's house was targeted for destruction, orchestrated by the Kahns, whose primary target was you and your enchantment skills. We attempted to "rescue" both you and Natalya during the attack, we succeeded with Natalya but you were the primary target of the Kahns and we could not get to you. We are here to offer you a choice, a free choice, we will not use any spells on you so it is a free decision. We offer you a chance to get out from under the thumb of the self-destructive Lolth and join Nocticula.
    She turns to Natalya, allowing her to continue the pitch.

- Sheldon Cooper

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

"Remember the years of torment we endured. Bred to be spies, assassins, pleasure slaves. Living as so-called nobles, yet mistreated toys of our overlords. Training until exhaustion to be the one who would act quicker than the other for another day, one step ahead of death or worse. Always waiting for the moment our family would turn on us. The only happiness in our lives shared between the two of us, in secret. All because of Lolth's twisted games, strangling the drow until they can barely breathe, cackling as we tear at each other's throats, and squashing those who dare to not thank her for it. All your faithful service, year after year, with all those fancy marks of the Spider Queen's "favor", and the moment you needed her, she did not lift a finger. Not for you. And not for me." Having abandoned Lolth, Silistra knows this full well, but Natalya brings forth all those memories, compiles them, lets her see the full picture of Lolth's betrayal.

"The one who did come for me was Evindress. Saving me from rape and death at the hands of a male, from burning in the ruins of our House. She and Kalrissa gave me a new home. They showed me the ways of Nocticula, Demon Queen of the Succubi. Lolth was cruel and distant. Nocticula sees us, sees me. I was able to finally take control of my life. Develop my talents as I saw fit, and discovering new ones. Keep what I earned. Sleep safely. I found community, I found pleasure, I found love. And I found a Goddess who cherishes me as much as I do Her. Since I embraced Her, not once did I even have to so much as touch a male, nor will I need to, unless my Goddess feels it is truly important, knowing I trust Her, and not betraying that trust." And Silistra very much knows many times her sister was "requested" as the one deemed the most pleasing result of the Kil'Ratha breeding regime. How she was at times even given as a "reward" to Kerith'Kahn males.

"We all work together, towards a common goal, no hidden daggers, no betrayal, to one day see Crag Noir free of Lolth's cruelty. And through this, I was guided to you. All this can be yours, too. You can regain what you cast away, given by a Goddess infinitely more deserving of true worship. Finally live the life you always wanted. Become one of the greatest of us. With us. With me." Natalya smiles warmly to her sister, and it is clear how much she has missed Silistra. "And it is your choice. No one forces me to say these things. We are both trained to recognize such things. No one will attempt to force you into anything. And even if you should decline, you will be free to go. You will have to leave, but no harm will come to you. I promise and I swear this on my soul." There is a little moment of silence. "We will answer any questions you may have. I could not ask for a better leader than Kalrissa, nor more excellent priestesses than both her and Kethiria. No one expects you to make this choice blindly." Unlike their cruel former masters and mistresses.

There is no deception in Natalya. Silistra sees her sister glow in a way she only so rarely did when their House still existed, and only when they were together.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2021-03-17 at 07:11 PM.