New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Crag Noir (IC)

1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Crag Noir (IC)

Well crap. Either this woman was invisible or she was too stealthy to be caught by Evindress. The hand sign is the only thing that gives Natalya any hope of the entire thing not having gone up in flames entirely yet.

"W-we are here to make a d-delivery, mi'lady," Natalya's character says. She can feel Evindress tense, her bodyguard instincts engaging, but Natalya still has a faint hope of salvaging this. And wanting to see where this goes. She sign-answers back "a secret one", in a way beyond the means of a simple deliverywoman, with a... remarkable fluidity, grace, almost mesmerizingly so. While Natalya maintains the role outwardly, the signing makes it clear that she doesn't dumbly try to worm out of this or try to treat the woman as stupid. There is a brief pause in the signing while her character fumbles through her sentence, then Natalya signs a word close to "share", implying asking the woman to sign what is on her mind. She would not go for something clandestine as a secret speechless conversation if she would just want to catch a thief. But Natalya also cannot immediately assume the woman is in the know about the coven.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

The woman slowly moves forward into the room I can only assume that the scroll you have names a demon that would be allied with yourselves, as opposed to ones the house already knows and trusts. And given you are in the section of succubus scrolls (damn the drow for being organized) I can only assume that its a succubus of Nocticula.

(For some reason, the site wont make those words in a small font, but she is whispering)
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2020-12-24 at 04:09 PM.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

...Interesting. Natalya's character maintains her fretting pose, befitting the room and the imposing woman before her, but her whisper is much more sure and defined. "Yes. And I believe it will do this House good, in the long run." There is a slight pause. "You are familiar with us. Wariness... or yearning for something better?" There is really no point in hiding. Though Natalya does not enjoy being at someone's mercy, this woman intrigues her. That, and the Kil'Ratha daughter is far too weak at this point to not be beneath several women in Crag Noir.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Since Christmas shenanigans begin today over here, a Merry Christmas to you (or happy holidays, if that is more appropriate; I was informed that "Merry Christmas" seems to mainly have Christian connotations in the English-speaking world instead of just being a thing that happens on the 24th/25th of December).

For what it's worth, I can see the font being small in your post.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2020-12-24 at 04:37 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Us? There is more than you two? I was not aware of any in this city that would dare oppose the Spider Queen, let alone her most hated foe. And I am sure that a succubus of Nocticula would spice things up here.

Spoiler
    Show
    And Merry Christmas to you and yours as well. I despise the term Happy Holidays, just like I despise anything politically correct.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, she will. And I have an offer for you." Natalya finally steps closer, straightening up. "You have the upper hand. But you are different than most. Let me switch these scrolls out. Pretend the women we impersonate delivered the sargentum as normal. Let the glory of Nocticula's succubi play out. Do this, and they will show you a new freedom without Lolth's cruel hand around your throat every moment of your life, and the thrill of defying her self-destructive ways. An opportunity most drow women would not recognize as they are right now. Unlike you. Or perhaps..." Evindress by now has walked up behind Natalya, having put an arm around her. "...an intelligent woman like you would prefer a more... mortal introduction, without the threat to your soul?" By now, it should be clear there are other women hiding beneath the forms of the deliverywomen. And the way they talk and move... surely, they are much more enticing. And certain to spice her life up.

Show
    Merry Christmas it is!

No idea if I am extending way too far here with Natalya... but this sort of feels like a play she would make. Technically at another's mercy, everything one step from falling apart, but instead trying to entice her opposite to join her. Natalya soon having both a magical and a physical bodyguard? (I kid, I kid)
    Last edited by Ridai; 2020-12-24 at 05:47 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

I have a different offer for you. I will let you switch out those scrolls and we will see what happens. But Lolth's hand is not around my neck, not now and not any time soon. I would, however, like to know more about this group you seem to belong to. Unless I miss my guess, you are not strong enough to write those scrolls yourself so you must work for a larger, stronger group. I had no idea that there were any other worshippers of Nocticula in this city, and that I was a lone wolf.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

A smile spreads on Natalya's face. "Even better. You are correct. We belong to a coven of Nocticulans acting in secret, led by a true priestess. And we will see to women like you and us not being so alone with our faith much longer in Crag Noir. Another sister of Nocticula's faith would be most welcome, and I would gladly introduce you... if you wish to change this city. You will see. We look out for one another." Natalya replaces the scrolls, as a sign of good faith, and, most likely highly unusual for the other woman, trust. Trust is something usually seen as highly foolish. But things can be different between Nocticulans. "This is Evindress, I am Natalya. Does our lone wolf have a name?"
    Last edited by Ridai; 2020-12-24 at 07:59 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Shandis. Shandis Al'Tavar

Spoiler
    Show
    And while the name means nothing to Natalya, to Ridai it would so yes, this is the Shandis Al'Tavar of the ruling trio of Rennador, albeit a much younger version of her. That would also date this game as being several decades before the events of the Unification and even those of the Crown Jewels (whichever version you wish to consider canon)
    #GoreMutualarejerks

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

"A pleasure to meet you, Shandis," Natalya says. "We only have a few more minutes before the shapeshifting spell wears out and we need to have left the house. It is important to us that no change in the deliveries is noticed, that the coven's activities stay unnoticed. You said you wish to see what will happen with the summoned succubi. I know someone's word counts for very little in Crag Noir, but I am sure I speak for all my fellow sisters when I tell you that we want you to join us, so you do not have to be alone with your faith. So I ask you to let us carry out our mission, but I will tell you where the coven is. So that you can speak to our priestess. You will not be coerced. There will be no attempt to force you to do anything, though I am sure few could force a formidable woman like you into much of anything. You will talk, and you will receive an invitation, but you can simply leave again if you do not want it. The same was offered to me not too long ago."

Natalya moves her hand, signing what would in surface cultures be akin to an offered handshake on a deal. As she speaks, Natalya is genuine. There are times to be careful, to circle something, speak in veiled terms, or try to wrestle the other into a less favorable position. Natalya wants Shandis to feel that, no, for her, this is a matter between sisters of the same goddess. There should be no veiled daggers at between them, unlike Lolth having all of her followers ready to betray and kill each other at a moment's notice, at all times. The Kil'Ratha daughter genuinely feels Shandis' life would be better if she connected with the coven.

Show
    The Daystor Roleplay-o-matic Universe grows! Looks like Natalya will accompany Shandis a little while. This version of Shandis having been described as unusually tall and martial made me think "that sounds a lot like Shandis. Must be a coincidence." not too long ago.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Shandis watches where Natalya places the scroll, and actually moves it once it is down I know the order they take things in, this will be in first place and then steps back, asking where the coven is located. I will consider your offer. Although from what I read, the Nocticulan way and my way are not fully in concert, sometimes you do need to just do things with a big sword.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

"I cannot speak for the others on this matter, but yes, most Nocticulans I know prefer seduction and manipulation to solve problems. I am no different, it is where my strengths lie, though to be fair, I am still in the beginnings of my assassin and attack mage training. My dear Evindress is a talented battlemage and knows the time for a well-placed fireballs very well. I trust her with my life, both for protection as well as to determine when the time to go loud has come, because she simply knows better, and knowing this in return gives me sureness to do my job better. So while I do not know how the rest of the coven thinks about this, I appreciate working together with talented women like Evindress and you. There is a time for infiltration and honeyed words, just as there is a time for fireballs and swords. Sometimes the latter are not needed because the former goes without a hitch, sometimes things go sideways immediately and your prowess is vital, and sometimes your mere presence can keep things from escalating. As long as there is actual cooperation, that is my Nocticulan way." Natalya's words, even though using a different voice right now, are like loving caresses felt by Evindress.

Natalya places the box of sargentum and as she walks past Shandis, she briefly stops again. "I do honestly hope you give our coven a try. And even if you decide not to stay with us, it is my wish that you at least come to visit Evindress and me. We have much to thank you for. And in more pleasant shapes than these." Natalya does tells Shandis where to find the coven. Perhaps she is overstepping her boundaries here, but Shandis' actions speak loud and clear. And Natalya wishes for Shandis to feel that this fellow Nocticulan cares about her well-being, appreciates her talents, and is thankful for allowing them to complete the mission.

As soon as Natalya and Evindress step out of the summoning room, they are very much inhabiting their roles again, looking suitably harrowed by the evil of the room, with only the slightest bit of having gotten used to the room a tiny bit, explaining their somewhat quicker steps. Such a thing should hardly be a surprise to the guards, and if they have any inquiries, the pair explains they did their job with great care as to not disturb anyone or anything in the house. Should nothing else happen, they leave.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Natalya and Evindress are not connected telepathically, not yet anyway, but Natalya learns more about her lover every moment they are together. For instance, this time, Evindress did not bat an eye as Natalya revealed the location of the coven to Shandis, a human might judge this as evidence of the level of trust Evindress has in Natalya (which could be part of it) but drow are just not wired that way. Rather, Natalya learned in her (so far) limited studies of the Nocticulan beliefs that there are some women that has an intuitive feel of whether or not a woman is prime material for Nocticulan seduction, and clearly Evindress is one of those women, and she feels Shandis is a good gamble. It also explains why she was sent on the mission to "rescue" her, although that has clearly developed a lot more than anyone would have expected (but even there, maybe Nocticula "did" know).
    Shandis says nothing as Natalya finishes her recruitment speech, clearly giving the matter some thought. Out of the corner of her eye, she can see effect her words are having on Evindress, her words were like her caresses and she shivers just a little. With nothing else getting in their way and having planted the seed with Shandis, the two make their way out of the building. True to Kalrissa's words, there appears to be a minor attack being launched against the House of Al'Tavar by some disorganized malcontents as they are looking to make their escape, and under the cover of this mortar fire, they are able to scoot away. Taking a look back at one point, Natalya is sure she sees a taller than normal drow woman leaping into this fray, cutting down would-be attackers with ruthless abandon, not even the males (who are supposed to be the martial arm of drow society) of her house can keep up with her, let alone the tools who lead the attack.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

With every passing day, Evindress fascinates Natalya a little more, both with her hidden talents, and the depths of her devotion to the noblewoman. Something also tells Natalya that she will not have to wait long to meet Shandis again. Naturally, the display she gets of Shandis' considerable skill does much to make that moment of reunion more enticing for the Kil'Ratha daughter.

Moving away, they retrieve their hidden belongings, changing appearance in body and outfit once again, and this time, Natalya has Evindress guide her home to the coven. It is another mission without having been able to get something for her lover along the way, but it was an important mission, and they gained much for their cause. Still, one day, Natalya will make it up to her lover. She is not in the habit of letting Evindress go unrewarded, not counting her more private praise.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Nothing opposes the two drow as they make their way back to the coven, where Kalrissa waits for them.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

"Greetings, Priestess. As far as we can tell, the mission was successful, with a surprise, if a welcome one. We intercepted the deliverywomen, put them under, and programmed them to remember nothing about our encounter, instead waking up two hours later, thinking they made a successful delivery and are on the way back. We assumed their forms, and entered the Al'Tavar house without issue. We were discovered in the summoning room by a daughter of the house, Shandis Al'Tavar, while replacing the scrolls, but she turned out to be a Nocticulan not knowing about the coven. After a bit of talk, she agreed to let us complete our mission, and even specifically made sure one of the scrolls would be picked first, wanting to see how it would 'spice up' life in the Al'Tavar house. I took the liberty to tell her the location of the coven. Evindress could tell she is worth the risk, and I felt the same. She is more martial in talents and interests, and she noted that her way of dealing with problems might clash with most Nocticulans, but I encouraged her to come to us all the same. The sargentum was placed, we left as the staged attack began," Natalya reports. She retrieves the summoning scrolls she took and replaced with the Nocticulan scrolls.

"These are the scrolls we took, perhaps they can bring at least some value to the coven. Or be destroyed if selling is not an option. We also learned who the deliverywomen got the sargentum from." And she relays that information as well. "As a small side observation, I also noticed that my hypnosis turned out to be surprisingly strong in effect, even on other women. I will need to explore this further. There may be further applications for this."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

A perfect mission on all counts. I am quite sure a succubus or two will indeed "spice up" life in the Al'Tavar house. I had always wondered about that house and their eldest daughter who never attended the cleric college, we all knew it was because of her martial talents but now I see it was something more. If she does join us, there will always be a place for her, just like Evindress who knows when things need to go boom, there are always problems that just need their head removed from their body. And having a contact to buy sargentum is very useful. She retrieves a sack of coins. Those are 3 scrolls of greater planar binding and I will give you full price on them, which comes to 9000 gold. Good work all around. Take a couple of days, both of you, to rest up, we have a VIP visitor coming at that time.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank you, Priestess," Natalya says as she accepts the coin with a slight bow. "I will make sure we are in perfect shape once our guest arrives. And should Shandis come by, we would love to welcome her." Beside her, Natalya can already feel her Evindress anticipate both matters discussed. The unspoken invitation for Kalrissa to swing by to join them in resting up whenever she feels like it is there, of course, even though Kalrissa would never not be welcomed with open arms by any member of the coven at virtually any moment. Natalya lacks the direct divine connection, but Kalrissa is nonetheless a living inspiration, and something to aspire to. The Kil'Ratha daughter is shockingly young for someone as proficient as her, having reached formal (if not fully physical) adulthood in what feels like almost yesterday from a drow's perspective at a scant six years ago, and as far as Natalya and her standards are concerned, her body, grace, mind, and talents are hardly done developing and are still in dire need of refinement. Care, training, and experience that may one day take her to the heights of Priestess Kalrissa... perhaps even beyond, if personal excellence, circumstances, and Nocticula are willing.

Excusing themselves, Natalya guides Evindress back to their room. Their budding connection tells the bardess her lover has much on her mind, both in terms of future ambitions, and a more immediate list of things to do and experiment with. Today's mission has revealed much to Natalya. Learning alter self will need to be accelerated. This will hardly be the only time she will need to impersonate someone, and the arts of the illusory veil... well, they are far outside of her reach for now. Natalya has always been good at bending her sorcerous talents to her needs, perhaps Evindress can join her in this as well, if her more combat-focused talents allow for it. Then there is the evergrowing mystery of their connection, Natalya so very much enjoying peeling back the layers and seeing how deep this connection goes. And, of course, the implications of today's hypnoses. In hindsight, she was uniquely talented in this regard if not one member of her family could resist her at all (not even her mother, or her eldest sister who handled much of her training, be it as a mage, assassin, or seductress), but she feels like she is only scratching the surface in terms of just how much she can get others to do as she wants... and how this talent may be further developed.

But for now, Natalya arrives back at her shared room with Evindress. It is remarkable how quickly the coven has started feeling like home, and this room especially. Evindress has been a true gift, and she keeps giving relentlessly. So placing the heavy bag of on the table, Natalya has her lover take a seat, feeling her stare as she herself goes to fill two glasses with wine. She hardly drinks alcohol on the regular, usually only when needed as part of a role, but she does like to keep a bottle or two around for various occasions. And given the tremendous success of today's mission, it seems more than in order. Soon, she seats herself very close to Evindress, handing her a glass.

"To Nocticula, as well as my dearest lover, never ceasing to fill me with wonder." Natalya smiles, making Evindress glad she is already sitting because her knees would have given out. A clink of glasses, tasting the bit of wine (there for the taste, not to get drunk), and Evindress finds herself being drawn closer, comfortably so, by an arm around her shoulders, and into a kiss. "It appears we have some shopping to do. If we manage to get out of this room the next few days." They are on strict orders to "rest up", after all.

Show
    Since the 9k are for the both of them, what magic items does Evindress have, and what does she want to get? For Natalya, I am thinking getting her a +5 Sense Motive on something (since not everyone will have access to glibness or astronomical Bluff modifiers), since that feels potentially useful and in-character for Natalya, perhaps a +1 saves item, but the rest will need to go towards saving for another Charisma increase.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Well, there is one thing. Ive always worked at trying to build up my supply of scrolls and havent really focused on permanent items. Ive often wanted to get one of those charisma boosting rings. But that would be nearly half the money.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

"Even if you were content with only ever having a single permanent item, I would want you to have one of these. You deserve it. They usually come in the forms attuned to the shoulders or the head. I would recommend the latter, either a headband, or earrings like I have. They get much less in the way when clothes become a hindrance. Let us go commission that first, before we get to our... resting." Natalya looks to Evindress with one of her elegant smiles, albeit with a hint of mischief. "If you are adamant about feeling guilty for sinking half our take into bringing out your true beauty, you are welcome to placate me with dances and plentiful worship until the terrible weight no longer burdens your conscience." And, of course, with worship, while there are altars and temples to Nocticula, the body of another Nocticulan is perhaps the most direct means of prayer to their goddess.

"On my end, I am considering a ring or perhaps enhancing my earrings to sharpen my ability to read others. It is an important skill to have as a spy and for my hypnosis. It would run us 2500 gold, however. Of course, I would also be interested in anything that would improve my means of hypnosis, however I am unaware of anything that would directly improve it. This necklace was and still is an extraordinary gift, and I cannot help but be curious whether it can be further improved, or if there are other items that would benefit me, be it to bring more targets under at once, or to take them even deeper, faster. Perhaps Kalrissa might know more. Anything unused, I would make an operating budget for the both of us. Whether to buy scrolls and wands we may need, or to save for bigger purchases. I would like to upgrade the charisma boost given by my earrings at some point, but that is still far off for now."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

That gem was commissioned by Kalrissa, about a month before you joined the coven, right after I completed my recon mission regarding you. It was made by Calista, she does all of our crafting, she would be the best person to talk to about making it better. Of course, you will have to be prepared for an "experience" with her.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

After a long time together, Natalya makes her way to Calista, to humbly ask for an audience at her earliest convenience, specifically seeking her knowledge and expertise in regards to what may aid with her hypnosis, and perhaps reading other people. And, of course, thanks for the necklace should be given. Of her physical possessions, it may already be her dearest in this short time, up there with her earrings.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

The coven may all be servants of Nocticula, but they are drow after all, so there are a few issues with trust to gain an audience. A chance meeting with Kalrissa gains Natalya a note for her to be given priority access to the crafter. When she signs the note, Natalya sees that she signs it Kalrissa D, the D being rather stylized and flourished...to anyone else in the coven (who is not a noble), it would just look like a fancy D, but to Natalya its quite clearly a D that was written by a member of the house of D'Espana.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank you, Priestess, you are too kind," Natalya says as she accepts the note. There is a moment of recognition, and Kalrissa knows that Natalya knows what the D means. That tiny moment is wordlessly shared. It is hardly surprising for Kalrissa, she knows Natalya is a noblewoman, after all. And Natalya, while surprised to learn what house she is from, feels this is a good thing in the end. Their leader knowing how the most powerful house works is an asset. Nothing else is said, a mental note is made, a courteous bow is shown. This is not the time for discussion, perhaps learning more about the circumstances of Kalrissa's conversion and such.

With the note, Natalya heads to find Calista.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Natalya was not quite sure of what she would find with Calista. Her past experiences tell her that she would find a bunch of wizened and almost completely sucked dry of life drow men and women (just because they are matriarchial doesnt mean they wont enslave women). Drow who were probably in the prime of their life chronologically, but venerable+ in terms of physical age. Crafting, in a noble house, can be a worse sentence than the most demanding slave mine imaginable. But the coven eschews all such drow conventions, and so, it would have to be different.
    The note from Kalrissa opens doors with almost no fuss and Natalya soon finds herself ushered into Calista's presence. And everything she expected to see disappears in a moment. Calista is vibrant, Natalya can tell she is no longer in the full bloom of youth, but she is still a stunning drow woman, and perhaps with a few more years on her body and mind, her wisdom and intellect is sharpened. Her workshop is clean and immaculate and the few helpers she has appear to just as healthy and hearty as any other coven member is...seemingly truly enjoying what they are doing, their part in the coven's operation just as important as any seduction or conversion.
    Calista approaches Natalya, her eyes taking note of her special gem, but her eyes flick away from it, almost without effort, the smallest hint of a smile playing about her lips. And how can I help the former youngest membe of House Kil'Ratha?
    #GoreMutualarejerks

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Simple observations can go a long way at times. Natalya is learning much at the moment. Nocticula's faithful are full of wonders, indeed. "By what the high praise for you and the craft of this necklace tells me you do best, and if I am very fortunate, perhaps a little enlightenment as well. Though you may need to endure another helping of admiration beforehand. Greetings, Calista. It is an honor and pleasure in equal measures to meet you." A flourished bow is added, showcasing Natalya's natural grace, though keeping the gesture free of stuffy mannerisms. One should not attempt to dampen someone as radiant as her opposite, at least not in friendly circumstances.

"I was and still am impressed by this necklace, and how it is helping me entrance another. I was not aware of the existence of such items, and I am grateful to have received it as a gift and, frankly, investment." Gift or not, high-valued or not, it makes Natalya better at what she does, and thus makes her more useful for the cause. This is a good thing. "Thus, I would like to request a charisma boosting item for Evindress. She spoke of a ring, if possible, though I imagine earrings would also do fine, should the magic affinity of a ring for charisma-enhancements be an issue. As for me, I thought of an improvement to my ability to read others, perhaps added to my earrings, however... I am curious in what ways my necklace could be enhanced, or if there are other items that would help with my hypnosis." She also gestures to the bag of coin she has with her.

Natalya looks at the workshop and the other helpers for a moment. "I also cannot help but notice your enchanting differs greatly from the wasteful methods my house employed. Trade secret, or may I pry in that regard?"

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

There are two ways we differ from your house. The first one is that the person we are crafting for actually "donates" the life force that powers the item. Its not widely done by drow although everyone knows the way, but the inherited greed of a drow precludes that method most of the time. The other is for me to summon one of Nocticula's angels and send them out into the city to draw the life force from an unlucky target, which I then barter for with sargentum or a promise of freedom. That method is far more popular.

As Calista talks, Natalya notices a gem nestled in her cleavage, it could be a twin to her own as it catches the light, winking and catching her eye, almost impossible to look away. Calista's voice becomes soft and relaxing, so pleasant to just listen to and not bother to think about so much.

Spoiler: Saving Throw
    Show
    Natalya can choose to make saving throw, roll here or voluntarily fail her save.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

This... is actually becoming much more interesting than Natalya anticipated. This is the first time she is meeting someone else who does what she does... and she might just learn something.

Will save (1d20+13)[15]

Spoiler: Should Natalya successfully save
    Show
    (Right off the bat, Natalya will go under, because this is probably the safest way to get a first-hand experience in this art she could ask for, and this would help her a lot with getting better at it. This is more meant as Natalya leaving an impression, and perhaps making Calista become interested in her, if she has not already managed those.)

Natalya gazes at the necklace, feeling herself relax, feeling just how masterfully Calista is ensnaring her mind. She steps closer, entranced... before she glances up at Calista's face. Natalya knows exactly what is going on... but she does not seem to mind. Rather, she actually seems like she gained a new respect for Calista. "I may resist now, but I do not think I want to resist for long. I never got an opportunity like this, and I want it," Natalya whispers, since they are so close, creating a comfortable intimacy, the cadence of her voice so wonderful. Words like a soft, erotic embrace, from a body most could only dream of, luring the eye, inevitably drifting down to her necklace, and where it snugly rests as light plays on it, so inviting, so relaxing...

Natalya has little in the way of illusions to "win" this "contest". Rather, it is her introduction to Calista. And an expression of her desire to become much closer with her, to learn from a mistress of the art, of a facet of Nocticula's irresistible nature. Perhaps she gets Calista to look for a moment, perhaps not. Either way, Calista feels that Natalya did not disrupt what she was doing, rather inserting herself into it, extending the lure to Calista herself. Call it a fortunate happenstance or professional courtesy, but after Natalya has done this, the gives herself to the lure again, wanting to see where this goes... unless Calista has other plans now.

edit: I think it is safe to say that Natalya fails this check, but perhaps some aspects discussed in the spoiler tag still become apparent to Calista somehow. Natalya is actually intrigued and delighted to meet another Nocticulan proficient in this sort of hypnosis and wishes to learn.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2021-01-03 at 11:36 AM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Read PM message before this.
    My name is Karindal Kalvar, and I am the second highest ranking priestess of Nocticula in the upper world. Dalcar Sontin, our high priestess, has sent me here to open relations between our covens. We of the upper world had no idea that there was a burgeoning following of Nocticula among the drow, we had thought the iron rule of Lolth made that impossible. But our goddess guided Dalcar’s hand, and Kalrissa accepted our request to meet. We know that drow and humans have a long history of mistrust and even antipathy, but you are clearly not like other drow, having been freed of your race’s issues by the divine hand of Nocticula, and we humans are your sisters by faith. I am here to start a dialogue between our peoples, naturally we cannot show up in any numbers in Crag Noir, the sudden appearance of so many human women would bring too much attention on you, but perhaps, in time, some of you can visit the surface, we will have to work out the logistics of that, but with the guidance of Nocticula, nothing is impossible. I will be here for several days, learning and listening, I hope to speak to as many of you as possible, one human woman is not going to raise eyebrows hopefully and I dont plan to move about the city.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Even though low ranking (at least in terms of level), Natalya eventually makes her way to speak to Karindal, and at this close range, it seems like her effect on her is even magnified. Karindal is courteous, inquiring after Natalya's talents and experiences, how she came to join the coven, and what her short term and long term goals are.

(As a note about what I am saying "in terms of level", most of the members of the coven are not nobility, although some certainly are, Natalya knows Kalrissa is, and Evindress is not. So while Natalya does not match many in actual adventuring power, she does earn a certain amount of deference based on her former noble standing)
    #GoreMutualarejerks

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Natalya does her best to keep it together enough to speak coherent sentences, but otherwise, she does not try to hide or deny the effect Karindal is having on her. It's another bit of enlightenment bringing her closer to her goddess.

"Natalya, of the now destroyed House Kil'Ratha. My dear Evindress saved me when the house was attacked by another vassal. She and Kalrissa showed me Nocticula's grace, and I accepted. Lolth's teachings and society only really brought suffering to me and my family. I was trained as a agent, assassin, and courtesan, serving my former liege ladies and lords, but the attack came before I could complete my training. Illusions and enchantments, as well as various utility spells, alongside social graces and select stealth capabilities, along with a talent for hypnosis. As for short term goals, well, completing my training to at least get up to former Kil'Ratha standards, as right now, I have too many limitations as an agent for my Nocticulan sisters. I hope to earn the privilege of being mentored by Calista, as well as improve the necklace helping me with my talent. And I want more Nocticulan experiences... ideally, one involving you as well." It should be obvious to tell the affection Natalya has for Evindress (and perhaps also spotted them earlier), but also the crush on Calista.

"Long term... why, self-perfection. Reaching the heights women like Kalrissa, Calista, and you have, perhaps even beyond. Charisma, beauty, magic, graces, faith, among others. Not to usurp anyone of our covens, more to see what potential I have. Become a mistress of my craft, be it as an operative or a hypnotist, without a man ever touching me. Freeing Crag Noir from Lolth. Bring as many drow women into Nocticula's faith as possible, and the men under their control, where they belong. And finally, seeing Lolth become Nocticula's willing concubine. She may not deserve such mercy with how needlessly cruel and self-destructive she is to herself and to her people, but she did create something beautiful, namely us, in her image. Under Nocticula, her mind taken off of all those thoughts that poison and embitter her, she too would flourish, much like we do." Several of those may well not fit into a single drow lifetime, but Natalya does not seem to care much about that little thing. It is something to strive for. And perhaps she will find a way to simply live long enough to see everything come to pass. Lack of ambition is not one of her flaws.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2021-01-08 at 06:04 PM. Reason: small addition in the long term goals (in mistress of her craft)