Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect Remastered coming soon and new Mass Effect Game in the Works

Allow me to throw how to make new games in the original Mass Effect Universe.

no ending is cannon/all ending are cannon, kind off.

No absolute color was chosen... let's say that the new cannon is Purplish Green (a joke, i know)

There will be tons of destruction (a la Destroy), some organic-synthetic fusing as a sideeffect and plot point (maybe a new race or two, instead of DNA fusing), and some kind of leftover "overseer AI" that copied Sheppard mind+star chield and got away with some reapers to dark space or some fringe in the milk way)

major decisions in ME3, you just have to make it inconsequential (and everybody love it, right?).
    - kill almost all geths (like destroy, or you if choose to support only quarians)
    - Kill almost all quarians (with unknown virus, or something, of if you choose to support only the geth)
    If you didn't broke the peace, the survivors reached an understanding after all **** hit the fan, and Rannoch is again for both.

The genophage cure, didn't last. Some new mutation on Krogan made the cure not perfect. Doesn't matter if you sabotage or not.
    Also, new krogan leadership, and Krogan rebelions 2.0: electric bugaloo. Wrex may survive or another Wrex-like cool krogan.

not saying that is good writing, just throwing it there
    if the want it, they can make all decisions moot instead of making some cannon/not cannon

2. - Top - End - #332
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect Remastered coming soon and new Mass Effect Game in the Works

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Perhaps it'll be better in ME3[...]
    The Adept is much worse in 3, because Warp no longer affects barriers, so they're only effective against armor and health. Meanwhile the Engineer is doing a happy dance because Overload and Incinerate lets them destroy literally everything.

As a side note, questionable game balance implications aside, how did this change make any sense? Why are biotic barriers suddenly immune to biotic attacks but vulnerable to...electricity?
    Last edited by MinimanMidget; 2021-01-18 at 06:15 PM.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MinimanMidget View Post
    As a side note, questionable game balance implications aside, how did this change make any sense? Why are biotic barriers suddenly immune to biotic attacks but vulnerable to...electricity?
    I suggest the standard answer for anything and everything to do with biotics: We want space wizards with tragic backstories, so don't think about it and get back to romancin' their trauma away.
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MinimanMidget View Post
    The Adept is much worse in 3, because Warp no longer affects barriers, so they're only effective against armor and health. Meanwhile the Engineer is doing a happy dance because Overload and Incinerate lets them destroy literally everything.
    Warp does affect barriers. Just apparently less so than overload does. Either way, biotic explosions let adepts deal a lot of damage, but their powers remain one-note and redundant. I've been ignoring shockwave and pull entirely and never once felt their absence.

Quote Originally Posted by warty goblin View Post
    I suggest the standard answer for anything and everything to do with biotics: We want space wizards with tragic backstories, so don't think about it and get back to romancin' their trauma away.
    I am glad that the "woe is me, people distrust me for my awesome space magic powers" theme was relatively dowplayed, especially after ME1.
    Last edited by Morty; Yesterday at 06:13 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I am glad that the "woe is me, people distrust me for my awesome space magic powers" theme was relatively dowplayed, especially after ME1.
    As Joker puts it, "I break ribs if I sneeze too hard, moving things with your mind is NOT a disability!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!