New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Guilty until proven innocent [IC]

Chazwick stops to think. "I don't know... they were enslaved alongside us, right? Which means they're not used to the tabaxi being the authority figures yet. They're used to listening to the Baroness, Zain, you, and Atronia in that order. In fact, if we can spare some weapons to arm them with, they'll probably help us handle the tabaxi."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Caex
    Monk, Way of the Psion
    HP: 19/19, AC: 18

"The Caex will follow the Chazwick."
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Lucia gives Chazwick a look and says, "... I am speaking of the ophidians and lizardfolk collecting lumber. Of course we should free the comrades in our livery and try to arm them."

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh. Uh... sorry. We're on the same page then. But we might not have to do anything with the ophidians, if they don't see us."

How close to our captive comrades are the ophidians? And are the ophidians keeping a close eye on them? Basically what I'm asking is, is what Chazwick is suggesting even remotely possible?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Atronia Ambrosia
    Human Fighter
    AC: 10 HP: 22/22
    PP: 11 PIv: 9 PIs: 11
    Conditions: --

"That's a good suggestion Lucia. We could also tell them to leave the area before we do. That way they won't be here to see us hide our actual tracks later." Atronia adds.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sir Rikkan looks around for any large rocks or tree limbs. Just big enough to use as a weapon. In dwarvish he whispers a prayer.Pathmaker I ask for cunning.
    Last edited by Slayerofundead; 2020-11-24 at 03:40 PM.

The Orcs are coming, the Orcs are coming.
    The Orcs are here to play.

Sir Rikkan
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2346021

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Rikkan grabs a loose branch and starts weighing it. One of the lizardmen, noting what's happening, comes closer and looks at Rikkan.

You look strong. You've been well fed. Yet even you can't take on these guards of ours here. There's an army of them. Many armies even. They fought the Kingdom of Fist and Palm and conquered this area. What is one man?
    Or did you think to beat us down in your anger? That would do you no good. We're prisoners here like you. We're your new brothers and sisters. We watch over each other here, like brothers...
    If you plan violence though, it's a different thing. We need to tell the guards, or we'll be punished. Then they'll punish you. Then maybe we get to eat that well fed body of yours.

The lizard grins.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Chazwick winces and mutters a quick prayer to the Pathmaker. "Our comrades look like they're about to do something drastic, and the ophidians are paying more attention to them. We need to move now. Lucia, do you think you can use a spell to distract them? If not, we might as well forget about stealth and try the 'kill them all to keep them silent' method."
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2020-11-24 at 04:52 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Smilex View Post
    Rikkan grabs a loose branch and starts weighing it. One of the lizardmen, noting what's happening, comes closer and looks at Rikkan.

You look strong. You've been well fed. Yet even you can't take on these guards of ours here. There's an army of them. Many armies even. They fought the Kingdom of Fist and Palm and conquered this area. What is one man?
    Or did you think to beat us down in your anger? That would do you no good. We're prisoners here like you. We're your new brothers and sisters. We watch over each other here, like brothers...
    If you plan violence though, it's a different thing. We need to tell the guards, or we'll be punished. Then they'll punish you. Then maybe we get to eat that well fed body of yours.

The lizard grins.
    Sir Rikkan grins back. Now holding the branch.
    I am not your brother for those I call my brothers would never submit to slavery. Pathmaker shall guid me. Sir Rikkan begins to draw a mobius strip. While he is seeing how far he can move the chains. If he can he ends the mobius strip standing toe to toe with the lizardmen.
    Last edited by Slayerofundead; 2020-11-24 at 05:12 PM.

Sir Rikkan

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Yaj'dak rises as much as he can behind the knight We have no quarrel with you or your brothers, but we will not submit to servitude as you have. If you wish to do more than merely survive, you could join us in leaving this place. But either way, do not test our might. Even bound we are far from helpless. He shakes some of the weariness from his body and readies himself should Rikkan decide to take action.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

I for one support the Gnoman Empire.

Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

The lizardman takes a few steps back, well beyond the reach of the chains that keep Rikkan and Yaj'dak in place.
    There's a lot of fight in you two. Everyone has a lot of fight in the beginning. The fight is going to go out one way or another. Only the ones who work get food.
    Your quickest way out is to throw that branch at a guard when they next come around. That way they'll do you in quick. Otherwise you'll end up starving or doing work.
    Please don't starve. Nobody wants to watch you starve.

The lizardman keeps standing there, waiting to see how Rikkan and Yaj'dak react. Maybe he's expecting to listen the two of you discuss. But his demeanor has changed from joking to tired.

Meanwhile Rodrik asks the others hiding in the bushes
    Chazwick, do you think you think you could circle round the clearing to check out those tents without alerting anyone?

Miranda, with her bow just wryly comments
    I've got a clear shot at that closest lizardfolk.

Maria says
    If we keep talking they'll just end up hearing us.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sir Rikkan breathes a heavy sigh and shakes his head. why are you so full of fear? Who are these masters that you fear? Yet you do not fear devine punishment for eating flesh of another sentient. You are outside devine law repent cast aside your lawless and fearful ways. Walk upon the Path of the mighty one who protects the weak. Walk upon the path of the Great Pathmaker!

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Sir Rikkan is attempting to convert this Lizardman.
    Last edited by Slayerofundead; 2020-11-25 at 12:21 PM.

Sir Rikkan

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

The lizardman looks confused but attentive.
    Why would the Pathmaker punish someone who eats the dead? We've always eaten the dead.

An ophidian slithers closer to the conversation.
    The furry rat speaks true. You shouldn't honor the ones that don't have power. That is the law that the mraow break.

The lizardman answers.
    You only say that because you can't eat so well with those sad teeth you have. You know snakes even eat other snakes. Pathfinder is God of Snakes. There's no way she would condemn cannibalism.

Another ophidian wanders into the conversation.
    I thought Pathmaker is male.

The lizardman continues.
    It's all meaningless anyway. We're now under the laws of the mraow and their laws say that servants serve and nobles rule.

The first ophidian says
    Who are you rat-being? We see ratbeings only with the guards, running their errands. Why are you imprisoned with us reptiles? Do you also believe in the Pathmaker?

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sir Rikkan looks at them with a confused expression.Cats and Rats?The Marrow? What heretical Land is this? The Pathmaker must have sent me here to teach and to free you of your heretical prison.

I do not understand why you call me a rat. Have you never seen a dwarf? Do you not recognize the Colors of House Ambrosia? I am Sir Rikkan adopted son of Sir Rodrick Knight realm of Fist and Palm. I am a Knight Brother of The Knights of Pathmaker and a household knight of the House Ambrosia.

Yes Pathmaker is a male and yes all details of his story matter with out the details the heretical lies and Devine truth could not be separated.

Why does Pathmaker not allow cannibalism is simple. The body of the dead is unprotected an unable to protect its self thus it is weak thus it is protected by the Pathmaker.

Will anyone of you walk upon the path of the Pathmaker?

Sir Rikkan

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

The two ophidians state in unison.
    We follow the Pathmaker. ... then they continue meekly
    But we also serve the Dimvaran.

The lizardman says.
    Yes, and the god of protection demands we protect ourselves. And the only way we have to protect ourselves is to hold the law. Law says that those who don't work, don't eat.

Another lizardman walks closer.
    Who are you to talk Sseethe? You've been licking your lips here while we've been swinging axes! Get to work you fools!

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

"I think I can?"

As an afterthought, he asks "Does the Pathmaker actually forbid cannibalism? I kind of stopped listening to the sermons on his teachings after 'tear down weak laws and replace them.' Not that I've ever been tempted to cannibalism, mind you."
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2020-11-25 at 05:10 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Caex and Chazwick circle round the clearing to the right of the main group and sneak to some of the tents. Unfortunately Chazwick's leg gets tangled on a tent rope causing one of the tents to collapse. Caex manages to remain hidden behind the collapsing tent while Chazwick is unfortunately quite in the open.

At this point Caex and Chazwick are about 40 meters to the right of everyone else. The collapse of the tent raises confusion. Several of the ophidians who were preparing food stand up.

One of them yells
    Who are you? Are you with a gang?

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    For the sake of game flow I'd suggest giving rolls for initiative with your next comments. Just in case conflict erupts.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Atronia Ambrosia
    Human Fighter
    Conditions: --

Atronia sighs, "So much for stealth." she comments and steps forwards. ""No, we're with them." she says indicating the two members of their house. She then immediately walks over to them to begin breaking them free of their restraints.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Smilex View Post
    The two ophidians state in unison.
    We follow the Pathmaker. ... then they continue meekly
    But we also serve the Dimvaran.

The lizardman says.
    Yes, and the god of protection demands we protect ourselves. And the only way we have to protect ourselves is to hold the law. Law says that those who don't work, don't eat.

Another lizardman walks closer.
    Who are you to talk Sseethe? You've been licking your lips here while we've been swinging axes! Get to work you fools!

Dosen't Dimvaran expect his follower to show hospitality? What would Dimvaran think of you or your master binding an not feeding there guests? It is the law shall you suffer devine punishment with your cats and rats or shall you tred the path of liberty with the great Pathmaker?

Sir Rikkan raises his branch as far as he can to the sky. On This day be on the side of Dimvaran,Pathmaker and Devine Law!

Seeing Atronia Ambrosia an the tent fall he exclaims Behold the miraculous action of the Gods they have sent you away to freedom!!
    Last edited by Slayerofundead; 2020-11-25 at 06:20 PM.

Sir Rikkan

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

"Maybe they could have put that rope somewhere out of my way," Chazwick mutters.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Yaj'dak had been watching Rikkan's sermon with grim boredom. He was used to talk of the Pathmaker, but he didn't have much of a head for religion. He was mostly concerned about the possibility of guards or soldiers appearing. When he sees the others arrive, he smiles and bows his head respectfully I am pleased to see you alive and... well, alive. I'm at your service as always. He assists Atronia as he can
    Last edited by Luccan; 2020-11-25 at 07:29 PM.
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Lucia sighs, "Well, maybe I could cast a spell to distract them, but... not when that happens." She quite literally facepalms.

And there was already some yelling. More were gathering with their axes.

Lucia stays fairly hidden still, but...

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    initiative: (1d20+1)[15]

stealth: (1d20+1)[13]
    This is just for being hidden in her same spot.

She will ready her fire bolt cantrip, holding its energy. If any of the slaves begin to attack, she will shoot them.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

The group of lizardmen and ophidians advance on you. Voices are raised, demanding the newcomers remove themselves immediately and leave Rikkan and Yaj'dak behind. Axes are being waved threateningly.

Caex and Chazwick advance to a distance that they can get in the scuffle with a single move.
    Zain has time to prepare with mage armor before the fight actually starts.

Two groups of melee combatants stare each other down until something snaps and a fight breaks out.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Atronia Ambrosia
    Human Fighter
    Conditions: 4 Temp HP

Atronia sees one of the lizardmen begin to raise their axe and immediately steps right up into their face, her chest right up against theirs, noses almost touching, eyes locked with theirs and she loudly demands, "Put. Your. Weapons. Down. .... NOW."

Spoiler
    Show

There's no reason Atronia would strike first so she's trying to intimidate them into disarming.
    Hope that's a good enough justification for Strength based intimidation. If not, just -4 to my roll here.
    Intimidation: (1d20+6)[12]

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sir Rikkan yells You Fools!! and attempts to bash the nears Lizardman with an axe right in the head. (1d20+3)[8]

Sir Rikkan

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Atronia's words echo on the clearing and clearly there's an effect. The ophidians who are already wondering about the fight are slightly more taken aback.

Rikkan's club swings in the air but the lizardman called Sseethe blocks the blow with his axehandle.
    Don't. We don't want to hurt you.

Zain walks into melee range and casts a cantrip. With electricity flowing in his fingers he tries to grab a lizardman's arm but the lizardman dodges barely.
    Show
    I took the liberty of rolling some dice because the attack was called while a roll was lacking.

Maria covers behind some ferns while Miranda looses an arrow. The arrow strikes one of the ophidian slaves in the throat and the slave falls down gasping.

Rodrik and Chazwick swing wildly with their weapons, both missing significantly. With surprising speed the older warrior surges into action and strikes a second blow, with his club. The club hits one of the ophidian slaves and the unconscious slave falls to ground.

Yaj'dak swipes wit his claws at one of the lizardmen, cutting into their armpit. The wound bleeds heavily but doesn't seem life-threatening.

Justius tries to stab one of the lizardmen but he stumbles at the moment he's about to land a blow. The lizardman steps out of the way.

One of the lizardmen tries to swing at Justius but misses. Two of them strike at Rodrik and two axes hit him, one in the shoulder and another in his thigh. The experienced warrior just grunts, a sad smile on his lips. The last lizardman tries to strike Atronia but misses.

In response Caex punches the wounded lizardman in the gut with the chained wrist. The lizardman bowls over. Another kick by Caex would strikes where the lizardman's head was the moment before he fell down.

At that moment Lucia stands ready with her firebolt spell and strikes one of the lizardmen. The bolt sizzles the scales in his head and he yowls in pain.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Then drop your weapon or join us Sseethe! Sir Rikkan attempts to push Sseethe back
    (1d20+3)[13]
    Last edited by Slayerofundead; 2020-11-27 at 12:04 AM.

Sir Rikkan

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Atronia Ambrosia
    Human Fighter
    Conditions: 4 Temp HP

Atronia frowns as everything erupts into violence immediately despite her words. And then some fool makes the mistake of attacking her. Maybe if she was wearing armor she could have shrugged off the attempt enough to not aim to kill. But given her vulnerable state her training defaults to kill or be killed and she swings her sword with that intent.

Spoiler
    Show

Attacking the guy who attacked her.

Attack: (1d20+6)[18]
    damage: (1d6+6)[10]
    if crit: (1d6)[6]

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Lucia takes a step forward from the foliage and calls, "Seems you lot like to take the easy way, so how about this. Just run to your masters and tell them a gang attacked you. There's plenty of bodies here already. Or do you want to add more?"

Spoiler: roll
    Show
    some social roll: (1d20)[18] +2 for intimidation, +4 for persuasion.

She'll wait a bit to see what they do (delaying until first enemy attacker). If they keep attacking, she will throw another fire bolt.

Spoiler: attack
    Show
    (1d20+5)[10]
    damage: (1d10)[4]

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Yaj'dak lets out a low bellow as blade, claw, and spell are exchanged. He seems to become more aggressive as the others are attacked, but holds himself as Lucia attempts to turn the fight with words

Show

Holding an attack, if it looks like the fight will continue

(1d20+5)[10]
    (1d4+3)[6]

Are we actually free yet or are we still chained to the tree?

All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show