New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Guilty until proven innocent [IC]

Caex takes two swings at one of the lizardmen, but stumbles a little on the corpse of another. Both of the strikes miss.

Atronia swings at another one and cuts deeply into the neck of the lizard. The lizardman gags on it's blood and collapses.

Rikkan pushes Sseethe the lizardman back in the fray showing his might. Sseethe looks confused by the power of the smaller warrior.

Lucia yells into the fray at the same time as the Ophidians start acting. Two of them, their morale breaking, start moving backwards, avoiding blows, obviously scared. Two others, shaking in fear, swing their weapons wildly and miss their targets. Another one moves away and spits into Justius' face, blinding him.
    The last of the ophidians, full of anger, strikes Atronia in her leg with an axe-blow[7].

Coatell moves out of the shadow of the trees, readying for something, though her purpose is unclear.

Zain tries to wield the magics of electric power once more but once more his opponent leaps aside at the last moment - untouched.

Miranda shoots Sseethe in his forearm. The lizardman yowls. He seems to notice that his group, that they thought would easily overpower you, is now at half it's fighting strength.

At that moment... Something surprising happens. There's a twang, and two others. Arrows from a hidden attacker somewhere behind in the woods are let loose and they strike Miranda twice and Lucia once.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Miranda collapses, bleeding. Lucia receives five damage.

Rodrik continues to try to defend Atronia and blinded Justius with his club, but his strike misses.

Coatell speaks, blowing simultaneously a cloud of calming pheromones over the fight The fight is already done! You can not win. Becalm yourselves and find mercy.
    Show
    Racial spell, calm emotions. 5 failed saves.

All of the reptilians except the one who spat at Justius suddenly relax, their arms hanging at their sides. They seem confused by what they're doing. The reptilian not affected by the spell panics and yells
    They've got the strength of demons! Aaagh!

Yaj'dak prepares for further possible aggression from the reptilians, but that doesn't seem to be coming, certainly not immediately.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Luccan View Post
    Yaj'dak lets out a low bellow as blade, claw, and spell are exchanged. He seems to become more aggressive as the others are attacked, but holds himself as Lucia attempts to turn the fight with words

Show

Holding an attack, if it looks like the fight will continue

[roll0]
    [roll1]

Are we actually free yet or are we still chained to the tree?

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    We are free.

The Orcs are coming, the Orcs are coming.
    The Orcs are here to play.

Sir Rikkan
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2346021

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Atronia Ambrosia
    Human Fighter
    AC: 10 HP: 19/22
    PP: 11 PIv: 9 PIs: 11
    Conditions: --

With the lizardmen standing down and having been alerted to the archers, Atronia swings around and charges in their direction.

Spoiler
    Show

I considered taking the Dodge action, but without armor my AC is still so low that even with disadvantage people are probably going to hit me. So I'm just Dashing towords them. If there's convenient cover to take that's nice, but her focus is just getting into melee with them right now.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sir Rikkan picks up an axe. While keeping an eye on the Lizardmen who were not affected. This is your last chance be on the side of devine law!!

Sir Rikkan

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Yaj'dak scoops up an axe as well Arm yourselves while you can, we could use these later. He then dashes towards the archers
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

I for one support the Gnoman Empire.

Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Sseethe and the other lizardfolk with a burnt face look at Rikkan, still weirdly calm given the situation.
    We can't resist you mighty one. We will follow the law as we always do. Hail Dimvaran!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

After a cry of pain and alerting the others, Lucia tries to find some cover and protect herself from the archer ambush as best she can. Damn, the arrow hurt!

And Miranda! Oh no did they get her too??

With her sister rushing in, she couldn't just hide behind a tent or something. They were probably all going to focus on her next!

Show
    So, I'll try to have Lucia move to some sort of cover, but she'll still launch a fire bolt at one of the archers.

attack: (1d20+5)[24]

damage: (1d10)[1]

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Caex dashes to the forest and hides behind a tree. She can see the trio clearly now. They're all archers, wearing leather an clothing that makes them difficult to notice in the woods. They've got longbows in hand. Two of them have shortswords on their belt, one has a longsword. Two of them have the tattoo of the iron chain clearly visible on their necks.

Atronia rushes to the woods but is slower than Caex and is somewhat behind. She too covers behind a tree.

Rikkan grabs an axe and makes sure the reptilians are no longer a threat.

Lucia casts a bolt of fire that sears the fingers of one of the archers. Then she covers behind a tree.

One of the three archers fires another arrow into Miranda. One of them misses. One of them fires an arrow into Justius who's blindly standing in the open. Then, having loosed their arrows, the trio turns away from you, moves further and vanish. They completely disappear from sight, like ghosts.

Seeing this, Zain recognizes that a teleport spell was being cast and the fading was just a visual effect.

Coatell rushes to Miranda and bends down to try to administer medicine. ...
    Dead. Damn them!

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sir Richard goes to he cuts a piece of cloth from his clothes and creates a mobius strip. He then tells Justius Hold this. Sir Rikkan begins a Healing spell.

Sir Rikkan

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Sseethe throws himself on his knees and starts begging, seemingly quite full of regret
    I'm sorry, we are just imprisoned peasants and you're obviously great warriors. I should not have acted above my station. I did wrong. Clearly we should have helped you out of the chains and taken the punishment they will give us ... for now we are already smitten and they will still punish us again.

Noticing that he's not immediately killed and upon hearing talk of teleporting he continues.
    They say all the day-walking mraow can teleport. They're called shadar-kai, the shadow cats or the left head of the raven. They'll simply disappear and appear again a few meters away. They can appear anywhere, out of nothing. It's terrible, unbearable. And their wizards seem to know everything. We're scared, so scared.

Spoiler: Atronia, Yaj'dak, Rikkan
    Show
    All of you've seen or at least heard of the battle standard the empire of Tukuut flies - the threeheaded raven. The mraow sometimes use a variant design with two of the heads being skulls instead of living.

While this is happening, three of the ophidians and the reptilians that were cooking at the beginning of events are all continuing to flee east, into the woods.

After a few seconds, Justius gets his eyes clear. He looks quite annoyed and hurt by the arrow as well.

EDIT: when Justius has his eyes cleared, he sees the holy symbol of the Pathmaker in Rikkan's hands. He grabs onto it as asked.
    Are you ser Rikkan? I've never seen you without a helmet but you sound familiar. I've never seen a dwarf with a tail either. We seem to be in line for many surprises in this strange land.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Atronia Ambrosia
    Human Fighter

As the catfolk vanish Atronia cusses for a moment. She stays still making sure they're not coming back for a bit. When she's confident they're not just repositioning for another attack she comes back to see Miranda's body and cusses again. "We should bury her before we leave." she comments sadly. She looks to the lizardfolk and asks, "So what will you do now? You could come with us if you want. Though obviously we can't promise you safety." and looks over to Miranda's body again.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Yaj'dak lashes his former chain around one shoulder, hanging a pair of handaxes from it, and lifts Miranda's body onto the other shoulder I am not sure it is wise to bury her here, Lady Atronia. We don't know if our attackers will return.
    Last edited by Luccan; 2020-11-29 at 01:40 PM.
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Atronia, having stayed to listen for a while, hears first just silence for a while. Then she hears movement in the forest, going further away. She realizes they snuck in stealth for a while, then started picking up pace when they didn't hear anyone following. The distance is already significant. It would be difficult to catch them at this point.

EDIT:
    When Atronia comes back to check on the reptilefolk, there's five of them visible and concious. All the others have run away.
    Sseethe says
    We will do what we must. We will take the punishment we're given.

Coatell says
    And then you'll eat the dead.

Sseethe opens his arms wide and shrugs.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

As Sir Rikkan walks away from JustiusYes it is I. Sir Rikkan ask Sseethe Do you have any bags or sacks? We must gather up what supplies we can take. Sir Rikkan looks for a dagger and continues towards the fallen tent to gather supplies.

Sir Rikkan

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Chazwick watches as Yaj'dak hoists Miranda's body onto his shoulders. "Do you think we can spare the weight? I assume the Iron Chain will be after us soon, since we haven't done much to make ourselves boring to them. Not that we've had any choice in any of what we've done, but they aren't going to see it like that: I suggest we get ourselves out of here as soon and as quickly as we possibly can."
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2020-11-30 at 01:50 AM. Reason: misread his name the first time (sorry!)

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sir Rikkan over hearing Chazwick My Lord you can not mean to just leave her hear? If we should we should gather all the supplies and build a pyre with the rest let us at least burn our dead. The Lizardmen can carry some of the load but should not carry the food or water.

Sir Rikkan

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

"Do I want to leave her here, given what rites she is likely to receive? No, I do not."

He turns back to Yaj'dak. "If you're sure you can carry her without slowing yourself down, please, do so. But if you aren't... then better her than all of us."
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2020-11-30 at 01:50 AM. Reason: misspelled his name the first time (sorry again!)

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Chazwick feels his heart pounding at the emotional situation. Inspiration bursts in his mind as certainty that this tragedy will not take other lives.
    Show
    Inspiration

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

"Miranda!" Lucia cries as another arrow is shot into her comrade. But even then it was too late. Far, far too late. With some grunts of pain, she trudges (or limps?) over when the catfolk vanish into thin air. She looks sadly at Coatell and back down at the body.

"We have to keep moving quickly then," Lucia says. "My gods, damned scouts and diviners.. If only I could do something about that..." she grumbles, realizing all too well she was lacking spell books or magical tools of her own to combat this.

"A pyre is simple enough to make. If these are the rites she deserves let's do it, but quickly."

Lucia will try to help gather supplies and stuff for the pyre. In particular she may be interested in:
    a dagger, rations, a small saw, the fire making kits, a shovel, the cooking gear, a sleeping mat, a couple sacks, chalk, the healer's kit, and water skins.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

"Wait, before you pack away the firemaking kit... we had a fire last night without one, didn't we? I'm not sure we actually need the kit... except maybe to speed the process of lighting Miranda's funeral pyre."

Quote Originally Posted by Smilex View Post
    Show
    Inspiration
    OOC: Thanks.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2020-11-30 at 08:58 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

While Rikkan, Coatell and Maria scavenge through the camp and bring in loot, the others build a small pyre of the plentiful wood that's around. A single firebolt from Lucia lights it quickly enough.

This will bring the guards in sooner rather than later, Coatell says while looking at the smoke. She continues
    I talked with Sseethe a little while we went searched their tents. The guards don't think much of the Iron chain, calling them a nuisance and such. The Iron chain has only a few people around. They enter and exit the valley at will though. The guards on the other hand are plentiful. They live in the mountains north and northwest from here. There's a whole city of mraow there, under the mountains

She pauses for a moment to cough when the smoke gets in her lungs. She takes a step away and continues.

We tend to call the catfolk tabaxi back home. The tabaxi are really just one of the tribes that make up the catfolk. There's leonin and khajiit but the mraow don't fully seem to belong to any such tribes. None of leonin, khajiit or tabaxi are to my knowledge creatures with difficulty in acting in the dark and neither do they have inborn magical abilities. The ability to cast spells naturally seems like an ability related to the faeries. My current theory is that the mraow are some kind of catfolk possessed by dark faeries. Maybe the caitsith that sir Jaime mentioned are something like that too.

Rodrik steps closer and asks
    Coatell, you've got a lovely voice but do you think this is the right time for a lecture?

Maria says
    Pfft. Pishtosh.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sir Rikkan grabs a blanket and a sack. He begins packing it. He rolls the blanket and puts in the sack along with a Fire starting kit, 3 days of rations and two water skins. He also takes the rope from the other ten. Then he tise the sack.

At the pyre side.

I agree Coatel we should leave
    We need to be in a place we can defend befor dark
    Vampires or Fairy it doesn't matter there shall be Devine retribution for there faction here today
    Last edited by Slayerofundead; 2020-11-30 at 04:55 PM.

Sir Rikkan

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

While not unaccustomed to death. Uncle Zain has been quiet until now.

We must move before we to shall join our comrade.We shall swear an oath that these slaves will be abolished and those who stole our homeland shall be destroyed. This I swear!

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Yaj'dak is silent during the lighting of the pyre and after a short while has passed moves with intent, gathering sacks and enough rations for a day or two, as well as waterskins for the party. He also grabs the maul and skinning knife I do not know if these lizardfolk would be glad to follow us. Their hearts are full of fear.
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

"Which makes sense," Chazwick contributes. "They're guaranteed at least a beating no matter how this goes. But I imagine that's as far as it goes, unless they do something that could be construed as attempting to escape their servitude."

"If they come with us, even because we threaten them into it, that's how their masters will interpret it. And if this whole thing fails, I imagine they'll be executed alongside us. We're risking our own lives for freedom, by choice. Are we going to force them? And what kind of freedom is that if we do?"
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2020-11-30 at 09:18 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sir Rikkan turns to Yaj'dak. Im not one for slavery. However we should give them a choice. There punishment is to be hunted by the Marrow. No matter the path they choose. However this is not our choice to make. Sir Rikkan turns to Zain I shall take that Oath beside you my lord.

Sir Rikkan

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Uncle Zain looks at everyone. They are welcome to join us and come to our ancestral home. We will give them land and shelter. I am sure my sister would approve.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Atronia Ambrosia
    Human Fighter

Atronia just stares at Chazwick for a solid thirty seconds and then asks, "Who in the hells said anything about forcing them? I was the first person to mention it and I was very clear it was up to them. Did you hit your head or something?"

Show

To be clear this is Atronia sassing Chazwich, not me the player sassing another player for a misunderstanding/different interpretation of words.

Last edited by Ramsus; 2020-11-30 at 11:12 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Ah Coatell was practically a genius in Lucia's opinion. Or at the very least she was very well-educated and well-read.

Show
    Speaking of which, Lucia has all those knowledges as class skills as well and a high intelligence! I don't want to nag you with unnecessary rolls, but please offer the opportunity for knowledge checks whenever we can get some juicy lore! Then maybe I can monologue like Coatell. :P

Her Uncle Zain's words move her some. Lucia sighs, in pain physically and emotionally. Yet still, she tried to keep a level head. "Let's not.. get too far ahead of ourselves. We are in enemy territory and extremely vulnerable. We.. we need to get back home first..."

She sighed and continued, "We need to find out who did this to us.. See after our own kin and loyal servants first. And after we have gotten back.. we can continue to help the war efforts. We may yet help the empire push back the Tabaxi invaders."

Gesturing at the slaves that were sticking around she says, "We couldn't and shouldn't force them to come with us. But.. perhaps a gentle request is all I would do. Can't blame them for what they choose either way." Looking at the enslaved Lizardfolk and Ophidians directly she says, "I'm sorry you've been put in such a predicament of no fault of your own. Though to be fair, the same had happened to ourselves."

Lucia wobbles a bit and says to Coatell, who seemed quite versed with first aid, "Coatell, this arrow..." Her hands were coated in her own blood from holding the wound, and she looked paler and short of breath. "It is a serious wound. Could you help tend to it?" Serious may be debatable, but Lucia's body wasn't all that hardy. Another arrow like that, or if it had been an inch or two over, and she wouldn't be standing here.

Spoiler: again ooc
    Show
    Trying to be more realistic about the wound. Better late than never I guess. Or maybe since we're out of combat, time will flow strangely.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2020-12-01 at 01:07 AM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Chazwick nods. "My mistake. I guess I'd just kind of assumed, given how clear they'd made it that they were afraid to leave. Obviously if I thought they wanted to go, I'd want to let them, but..."