New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Who Hasn't Wanted To Punch A Clown? [IC]

It's a cold, cold day. The lake is frozen solid, frosted over with a dusting of snow. In the center of it, a small bit of land, tufted with a few pieces of grass. And in the center of the island, a sign, made of some strange material. Its shadow, cast without respect to the sun-if it was a clock, the shadow would be nearing the midnight hour.

You are here, armed, armored, and prepared. You know you've got only minutes to go.

What last preparations will you do?

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Any long-duration buffs (hour plus) can be considered to be cast or otherwise done already.

Any short-duration buffs should be cast now.

OOC Thread
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2022-02-25 at 11:05 AM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Who Hasn't Wanted To Punch A Clown? [IC]

The iron sky bride had moved into position, offloaded the four men and then had hastened to gain height again, to hide behind a cloud or something.
    Every man had an owl on their shoulder - courtesy of the ship's captain, Verus Tam. Three golden disks smarmed across the man's all concealing armor. The adamantium protection gleamed in a dull gray and gave the man's words a hollow sound:

"Seems like we are at the right place. Remember what we said: Pin the thing down and I'll try to desolve our clown problem."
    As he said that, he affixed a contraption that looked like a cross between a spanner and a tuning fork on his shoulder. At once his own owl and the three golden disks moved to it. Another movement revealed the opening of an extradimensional space, a bag of holding, into which the disks moved, carrying out a bundle of five small, clear vials.

"Here, a little extra insurance." Tam's hand went into the extradimensional space and retrieved four vials of a clear, red liquid. He held them out to each of the other men's owls.
    "A bit of healing so our feathery friends can get us back on our feet, should we need it.

I'll go into stealth now. See you on the other side."

With that, the man vanished from sight and only a slight breeze revealed that he had taken to the sky.

Spoiler
    Show

Spellstoring Item set to Catapult.

Longterm buffs:
    Lvl 4 spell slot Tiny servants for 3 tiny servants
    Lvl 2 spell slot for Longstrider for Verus and Bruce
    Lvl 4 spell slot for Improved Invisibility

Armor Configuration is set to infiltrator

Stealth (1d20+12)[21]

Last edited by Pyrophilios; 2022-02-26 at 03:21 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The lanky Eladrin seems to enjoy the freezing breeze for a moment before he nods towards Verus Tam.

Thanks, I'll do my part, as I'm sure you do yours.

After that he searches the surroundings to find a way to perhaps hide behind some irregular ice plates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Bruce

Bruce nods in thanks after receiving the Longstrider buff, then approaches the island, walking across the ice with heavy steps. He approaches, standing 35' east of the "sundial" like device with his sword drawn.

5. - Top - End - #5

The shadow reaches the midnight hour, then vanishes entirely, leaving the sign there.

There is... No sign of the clown.

Spoiler: Perception DC 22
    Show
    Wait, what? He's somehow hiding behind a tuft of grass-he's the size of a chonky ogre, but he's somehow squeezing himself to hide behind a few little sprouts.

He's right near the sign, though, if you spot him.

Show
    Show

Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Verus would have missed it, but luckily, his owl had the eyes of an... well obviously not of an eagle, but an owl.
    Once Verus flew over the spot, he felt his eyes trying to unfocus whenever he looked at that impossible space.
    No wonder clowns were able to squeeze so many into a small vehicle.

With a thought, he charged the gem on his gauntlet.

Spoiler
    Show

using lightning launcher to light up the clown for the others to see:

Infiltrator. Any creature that takes lightning damage from your Lightning Launcher glimmers with magical light until the start of your next turn. The glimmering creature sheds dim light in a 5-foot radius, and it has disadvantage on attack rolls against you, as the light jolts it if it attacks you. In addition, the next attack roll against it has advantage, and if that attack hits, the target takes an extra 1d6 lightning damage.

Advantage (Improved Invisibility) Elven Accuracy
    Attack 1: (1d20+12)[17]/(1d20+12)[21]/(1d20+12)[25], damage (1d6)[2]+6, if crit (1d6)[3]
    Attack 2: (1d20+12)[31]/(1d20+12)[29]/(1d20+12)[15], damage (1d6)[4]+6, if crit (1d6)[3]

If one attack hits, one extra lightning damage roll (1d6)[2], if crit (1d6)[6]

20 dmg, target glows if 25 is enough to hit, otherwise only 10 dmg

Two bolts of lightning thundered down, lighting up the area around the clown and hopefully the clown itself too.
    Last edited by Pyrophilios; 2022-02-28 at 05:13 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

I'm going to post my action, as it's not likely to change unless someone drops an AOE restrainer or something around the clown before my turn.
    Note, Bruce has advantage on initiative checks, so (1d20+6)[17] to see if it's higher than the first roll

Bruce

With a feral roar, Bruce leaps into the air, soaring through the air with a single bound to land on top of the clown. He reaches out his free right hand to grab it by the throat, then, if successful, swings his sword at the foul creature.

Spoiler
    Show

Bonus action: Rage and move half speed (20')
    Move: Move up to full speed (40')
    Totem Barbarian: Eagle - that movement all at once is technically flying... or a nice cinematic leap.

Attempting to grapple the clown. If the grapple hits on the first try, I'll then Reckless Attack.
    If the grapple fails due to some sort of magical defense (Greased clothes, Freedom of Movement), Reckless Attack.
    If the grapple simply fails due to me rolling badly, the second attack will be a grapple attempt as well.

Str (Athletics) check to grapple, with advantage from Rage (1d20+16)[31], (1d20+16)[21]
    Indomitable might: If both results are lower than my Str score (29), then my Athletics check result is a 29.

Reckless attack with Longsword of Lifestealing, which I just noticed isn't a +anything for some reason...
    Attack (1d20+15)[25] or (1d20+15)[34]
    Damage (1d8+13)[20]

Contingent 2nd grapple check
    (1d20+16)[22], (1d20+16)[28]

Effects:
    Sentinel - it can't avoid provoking an OA if it moves away, and if I OA and hits, its speed is 0.
    Rage - resist all damage but psychic

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

With the Clown now clearly to see thanks to Verus and Bruce already having the foul abomination in his mighty grasp the Eladrin rushes towards the monster and let's his swordplay do the talking. And of course kicks the thing to good matter.

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show
    I guess I can reach the Clown.
    sword attack1: (1d20+15)[35]
    Sword Damage 1: (1d8+8)[12] Magical piercing damage
    Sword attack2: (1d20+15)[18]
    Sword Damage 2 (1d8+8)[10] Magical piercing damage
    As a Bonus Action burn a Point of Ki to make two unarmed attacks and if I hit for every hit I burn another point of Ki to try to stun the Clown. Fort save against 21 to resist.
    Unarmed attack 1: (1d20+13)[33]
    Unarmed Damage 1: (1d8+7)[13] Magical Bashing Damage.
    Unarmed attack 2: (1d20+13)[24]
    Unarmed Damage 2: (1d8+7)[14] Magical Bashing Damage.
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2022-03-02 at 10:42 AM.

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

The elf stares down on the scene from the air, having floated down with the rest of his companions from the ship. Aedan's defences are already in place - sight surging with prescient input, darting through the air like an arrow while a lambent flame roils around his body, he resembles a phoenix in flight. As he descends, a series of points emerge from the fiery shroud, fourteen blades whirring towards the clown.

"Let us put this foe to the test," says the bladesinger, gesturing at his quarry. "Fourteen-Fold Razor Massacre!" With a series of improbable flourishes, each knife whips around the clown, all while trying its best to find purchase under its skin and avoid its wrestling partner.

Performing a pirouette, the airborne gladiator then extends one imperious finger at the clown. "Perhaps you need additional punishment. Allow me to comply! Annihilation Beam!"

Spoiler: Round 1 Actions
    Show
    Aedan will close to within 30 ft of the clown from the air, before spending his Bonus Action to command all 14 of his daggers to fully close the distance and attack the clown. He will also spend his Action to cast Disintegrate on the clown.

Dagger 1: (1d20+8)[28] for (1d4+4)[8] piercing damage

Dagger 2: (1d20+8)[27] for (1d4+4)[7] piercing damage

Dagger 3: (1d20+8)[21] for (1d4+4)[7] piercing damage

Dagger 4: (1d20+8)[12] for (1d4+4)[7] piercing damage

Dagger 5: (1d20+8)[17] for (1d4+4)[6] piercing damage

Dagger 6: (1d20+8)[20] for (1d4+4)[8] piercing damage

Dagger 7: (1d20+8)[19] for (1d4+4)[7] piercing damage

Dagger 8: (1d20+8)[14] for (1d4+4)[8] piercing damage

Dagger 9: (1d20+8)[19] for (1d4+4)[8] piercing damage

Dagger 10: (1d20+8)[10] for (1d4+4)[6] piercing damage

Dagger 11: (1d20+8)[11] for (1d4+4)[6] piercing damage

Dagger 12: (1d20+8)[10] for (1d4+4)[8] piercing damage

Dagger 13: (1d20+8)[18] for (1d4+4)[6] piercing damage

Dagger 14: (1d20+8)[21] for (1d4+4)[7] piercing damage

Spoiler: Aedan Corvayne, Turn 1
    Show
    Aedan Corvayne, Fell's Raven
    LN Half-Elf Wizard (Bladesinger) 20

AC 24 HP 182 Speed 40ft

Str 10 (0) Dex 20 (5) Con 16 (3) Wis 14 (2) Int 19 (4) Cha 12 (1)
    Attacks
    +3 Rapier +14 1d8+8
    Bladesong +14 1d8+12
    Booming Blade +14 4d8+12
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2022-03-02 at 11:40 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

10. - Top - End - #10

As the party bears down on the clown, striking him whatfor, he retaliates with a swift punch to the first person to damage him from nearby.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    (1d20+5)[9]
    (1d12+9)[13] Bludgeoning damage

But as the Monk's fists land damage on him, he reels and staggers in place, stunned.

Show
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

As soon as the clown stopped moving, Verus spoke the command word: "Acid Storm"
    The gold disk as well as his familiar sprang into action and began to pull out prepared magazines of small glass vials from the bag of holding, setting them into the contraption on his shoulder.
    Immediately it began to spew a stream of acid vials in a short staccato, pinpoint precise on the creature.
    Unperturbed by that, Verus took the time to aim his bow and sent two arrows at the ugly head of the creature.

Spoiler
    Show

Stunned creatures fail dex saves, so bonus action to command the constructs and my familiar to use their movement action to load the catapult spellstoring item from the bag of holding and activate it with their action on their initiative

with my action, I'll fire two arrows with sharpshooter

Attack 1: (1d20)[20]/(1d20)[16]/(1d20)[1]+12; damage: (1d8)[5]+21, if crit (1d8)[1]
    Attack 2: (1d20)[8]/(1d20)[7]/(1d20)[13]+12; damage: (1d8)[1]+21, if crit (1d8)[3]

1st Catapult loaded with 5 vials: (3d8)[10] (Magic) (10d6)[33] (Mundane Acid)
    2nd Catapult loaded with 5 vials: (3d8)[12] (Magic) (10d6)[39] (Mundane Acid)
    3rd Catapult loaded with 5 vials: (3d8)[11] (Magic) (10d6)[31] (Mundane Acid)
    4th Catapult loaded with 5 vials: (3d8)[9] (Magic) (10d6)[36] (Mundane Acid)

Edit:

Neat, all hits with one crit:

Attack 1: 27 magic damage
    Attack 2: 22 magic damage

Catapult 32 magic damage
    Acid: 139 mundane damage

So in total 179 damage

Last edited by Pyrophilios; 2022-03-04 at 02:42 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12

The vials slam into the clown, and he starts to dissolve. It's more than just the acid-the impacts, the fists, the acid, and some kind of internal energy, all just combining to reduce him to a puddle of greenish gore and a metal mask.

The pile of gore quivers slightly, whisps of reddish steam rising from it.

From what you know of the times the clown's been killed in the past, you got about a minute of prep time.

Show
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, that was quick work. Alright. Does anyone of you have a way to contain the creature and fry it with a spell?
    I could scare up a force wall and set an ephemeral hound construct loose inside."

Verus asked while he eyed the smoke skeptically.

Spoiler
    Show

Wall of Force and Mordenkaine's Faithfull hound

"I mean, we clearly don't want whatever this is to go roaming free."

14. - Top - End - #14

Coalescing above the acidic pile is a fog of red. It grows larger and larger, steadily taking on the form of the clown's hate-filled visage, but bigger, massive-the size an ancient dragon.

There's a moment of silence. Then it screams. You can feel its intense hatred bearing on you, even before it acts.

Show
    It's got an aura, that among other things, makes movement tougher.

If you are within 120' of it, any movement costs double.
    If you close to within 60', movement costs four times the normal amount.

Act accordingly.

Turn order is:

Bruce
    Aedan
    Winter
    Verus
    Spirit

Show
    Show

Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Bruce
    As the clown spirit finishes its horrible screech, Bruce responds with a throaty roar, leaping at it and attacking.
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm assuming it's at ground level, but if not, he can fly up to his speed and then land at the end of his turn.
    Bonus action to rage again, adding 1/2 to his speed for a total speed of 60' before modifiers. He was right next to the clown before, so probably still is right next to it.

Reckless sword attack 1 (1d20+15)[34] or (1d20+15)[26] for (1d10+13)[15] magic slashing damage.
    Reckless sword attack 2 (1d20+15)[19] or (1d20+15)[26] for (1d10+13)[22] magic slashing damage.

I am assuming that this appears to be insubstantial and not something that can be grappled, shoved, etc.
    Checks to try to figure out what it is.
    Arcana (1d20+1)[5]
    Perception (1d20+7)[21]

Effects:
    Rage, resistance to lots of stuff.
    Sentinel, if it melees anyone besides me I get to hit it again.

16. - Top - End - #16

Show
    -7 and -11 damage.

You, additionally, will be taking (3d12)[30] plus (3d12)[20] damage, ignoring resistance.

Reaction: Punch you in the face.
    (1d20+16)[21] to-hit
    (2d12+10)[16] bludgeoning damage, ignoring resistance.

Legendary Action: Move 80' towards the annoying flying guy, if he's within 120'. If said guy is not within 120', he'll instead force our friendly Barbarian to make a DC 18 Intelligence save.

As Bruce roars his challenge and smacks the dread spirit, waves of agony race out, filling his mind with pain. Said pain is shortly followed by a fist the size of his entire body smacking him, but the spirit doesn't seem all that invested in the melee threat. He instead takes to the skies, looking for the annoying bug flying around.

Show
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Before the ghost appears Lord Winter removes the mask from the clown and kicks him. In the face. Know he knew that he technically fulfilled his bargain with his lady by the letter but he felt that he didn't fulfill it in the spirit which would be quite poor of him and letting the people he thought of as comrades would be really poor camaraderie.

When the spirit appeared and Bruce suffered the brunt of his attacks Winter cursed at it. You poor excuse of a failing ghost! And try'd to undermine his point by attacking him again.

Spoiler: Attack against Clown
    Show
    Bonus Action to Hex it. I deal an additional 1d6 Necrotic damage and the clown has disadvantage with Constitution saves. (which he has to do when I hit him with stuns)
    If I hit for every hit I burn another point of Ki to try to stun the Clown. Fort save against 21 to resist.
    Unarmed attack 1: (1d20+13)[20]
    Unarmed Damage 1:(1d8+7)[8] Magical Bashing Damage. and (1d6)[3] Necrotic damage
    Unarmed attack 2: (1d20+13)[15]
    Unarmed Damage 2:(1d8+7)[8] Magical Bashing Damage. and (1d6)[1] Necrotic damage

Also the Clown spirit is now cursed for 24 Hours.

18. - Top - End - #18

Show
    Not saves-checks.

Hex doesn't affect saves at all.

As the spirit tries to fly up, Bruce locks it the heck down. Winter's follow-up, though, is less impressive, failing to hit either attack.

Show
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Aedan, seeing their new opponent, lets fall the knives and swoops in with his own blade in hand.

"Felling Thunderclap!", cries the showboating wizard as the point of the rapier comes up, accompanied by the rumbling of a non-existent storm.

Spoiler: Turn 1 Actions
    Show
    Aedan should have Haste and his Bladesong up. He will fly in (80 ft fly with Haste, if need be he will burn his Bonus Action to close the gap with another 80 ft) and then do a triple attack. His first attack will be a Booming Blade, and the other two will be normal with his rapier. All attacks are with Advantage + Elven Accuracy.

Attack 1: (1d20+14)[17], (1d20+14)[17], (1d20+14)[29] for (1d8+14)[15] piercing damage and (3d8)[11] thunder damage. If the spirit voluntarily moves 5 ft or more before Aedan's next turn, it takes another (4d8)[19] thunder damage.
    Attack 2: (1d20+14)[34], (1d20+14)[32], (1d20+14)[20] for (1d8+14)[20] piercing damage
    Attack 3: (1d20+14)[20], (1d20+14)[15], (1d20+14)[18] for (1d8+14)[15] piercing damage

If Aedan can get there without his Bonus Action, he will use his BA with Illusionist's Bracers to cast Booming Blade for a fourth attack.

Attack 4: (1d20+14)[22], (1d20+14)[34], (1d20+14)[28] for (1d8+14)[19] piercing damage and (3d8)[10] thunder damage. If the spirit voluntarily moves 5 ft or more before Aedan's next turn, it takes another (4d8)[25] thunder damage.

Spoiler: Aedan Corvayne, Turn 1
    Show
    Aedan Corvayne, Fell's Raven
    LN Half-Elf Wizard (Bladesinger) 20

AC 26 HP 182 Speed 80 ft

Str 10 (0) Dex 20 (5) Con 16 (3) Wis 14 (2) Int 19 (4) Cha 12 (1)
    Attacks
    +3 Rapier +14 1d8+8
    Bladesong +14 1d8+12
    Booming Blade +14 4d8+12
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Three things worried Verus: The spirit had looked like it wanted to kill him, the aura seemed to turn the air into molasses and if anything and the thing obviously had seen him, despite his invisibility.

Bruce had prevented it from moving - for now, so he would have to use that good fortune.
    With an effort of will, he reconfigured the harmonics of his armor to counter the aura effect and armed the three gold disks with three marbles, charging them with a slight amount of power. Then he made sure to gain height

Spoiler
    Show

Casting Freedom of Movement on me to ignore the aura effect.
    Bonus action to cast magic stone on three pebbles and handle item action to give them to the tiny servants.

Using full movement to rise to 105ft.

21. - Top - End - #21

The spirit lunges upwards, ignoring the boom of thunder that ensconces it. It chases down Verus, ramming its bulbous red forehead against the flying enemy before lashing out with its fists.

Show
    Activating Wrathful-Advantage on attacks and a secondary effect, but now y'all have advantage to hit him till his next!

Then, a headbutt!

(1d20+16)[36]
    (1d20+16)[26]
    (4d12+10)[47]

And four fists:

(1d20+16)[24]
    (1d20+16)[26]
    (2d12+10)[26]

(1d20+16)[24]
    (1d20+16)[29]
    (2d12+10)[25]

(1d20+16)[29]
    (1d20+16)[23]
    (2d12+10)[22]

(1d20+16)[30]
    (1d20+16)[36]
    (2d12+10)[31]

18+ on die is a crit, to be rolled OOC.

Show
    Show

Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Verus realed from the punches. Though they didn't penetrate the adamantine shell, they left him badly rattled. And the hits just kept coming.
    The last one made him lose consciousness for a moment, before his armor responded. He felt the connection to the strength enhancement break, as the suit redirected power into him, keeping him alive, if barely.

Spoiler
    Show

I don't think 3SC is going to post their action anytime soon, so I assume he is holding or dodging

I'm using my capstone ability to break one of my attunements and instead of dropping to zero, drop to 1 hp

That leaves Verus turn: I cast Wall of Force on the spirit and encase myself
    I'm loosing my improved invisibility.

"You know, I can do this all day." Coughing with the effort, Verus raised his fist and an invisible sphere of power surrounded him, cutting him off from the spirit's attacks.

"Sorry guys, I've got to take five or the game is over for me."
    Last edited by Pyrophilios; 2022-03-24 at 11:17 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23

The spirit moves around a bit, visibly trembling in anger.

It screams. Loudly. You can feel it pouring its seemingly endless stream of hatred and disgust into it. The sphere of force keeps Verus alive, but everyone else is battered by the sheer force of it. And Verus can feel it directing its power against the construct of magic-try as he might, he can't keep it up.

The Wall Of Force is destroyed.

And then the spirit punches Verus.

Show
    (8d12)[55] Thunder Damage, DC 18 Con save to halve.
    Verus gets a pass on this because he had no Line of Effect.

In the OOC, I rolled a Charisma save for Verus, for his Wall Of Force. The ability is what made it have disadvantage. On a success, it'd take a lot of damage. On a failure, it stops existing. It is gone. Poof. Technically it can make Death Saves, but it's not a creature, rather an object. As written, it may not get a save at all, but given it's an active spell, I thought it reasonable to allow the owner of the spell to get to make the save in place of the spell object.

Then, Bonus Action, one punch.

(1d20+16)[29]
    (1d20+16)[17] Advantage
    (2d12+10)[28] Damage
    (2d12)[17] Crit, on an 18-20

Show
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Verus fell from the sky, hitting the ground with an audible crunch.

Spoiler
    Show

Verus goes down to zero HP,
    Drops to the ground incurring one automatic failed death save Adamantine armor prevents it from being critical
    Regular death save
    (1d20)[8]

Two failed saves in total

Last edited by Pyrophilios; 2022-03-25 at 03:15 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Bruce
    Verus falls to the ground and hits with a wet, heavy crunch. Bruce starts to head his way, then spots a small flying creature inbound, wings beating furiously as its paws grip a glass vial containing a red liquid. Satisfied that a healing potion is only seconds away, he pulls a wand out of the sheath at his belt. Pointing the purple tip at the gigantic clown-spirit, he rubs his thumb over the sharp activation rune, making a tiny cut that spills a drop of blood into the rune. The wand flashes red for a moment, and a flurry of 5 bolts of red-purple magic fly inerringly into the clown's form.

Spoiler
    Show

Wand of Magic Missile, 3rd level (4/7 charges remain).
    I know technically it's supposed to be 1d4+1 x 5 but I don't know how to do that in the roller, so here's a more average result:
    (5d4+5)[16]
    Bruce moves to within 10' of Verus, close enough to attack the clown spirit if it chooses to pursue.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Lord Winter stretches a hand towards the clown, releasing several glittery rays towards the monstrosity.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Standard Action firing 4 Eldritch blasts.
    Attack 1 (1d20+9)[20]
    Damage 1 (1d10)[9]
    Hex Bonus 1 (1d6)[1] Necrotic Damage

Attack 2 (1d20+9)[17]
    Damage 2 (1d10)[10]
    Hex Bonus 2 (1d6)[1] Necrotic Damage

Attack 3 (1d20+9)[12]
    Damage 3 (1d10)[6]
    Hex Bonus 3 (1d6)[1] Necrotic Damage

Attack 4 (1d20+9)[20]
    Damage 4 (1d10)[3]
    Hex Bonus 4 (1d6)[6] Necrotic Damage

As a Bonus Action activate my Eldritch claw Tattoo, gain +1 towards hit and Damage with Unarmed strike and deal an additioanl 1d8 Force Damage with every melee strike (that also now have a reach of 15 feet.) Lasts for one Minute.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Meanwhile, the small owl had been diving after its master, breaking its fall only a few feet above him and landing with a little flutter on his breastplate. Pulling one little flask out of the still open bag of holding with its claw and removing the stopper with its beak, it managed to empty the vessel with remarkable accuracy into the open faceplate of the armor.

Immediately, Verus began to sputter and cough - his heart beating again if irregulary. With a weak gesture, he punched on his breastplate: "Emergency evacuation"
    Immediately a rope shot out above him and hung immovable in the air. Powered only by the flight capability of his suit, he moved himself upward along the rope, vanishing from view.
    "Servant, pull in the rope."
    Immediately one of the gold disks flew down from his shoulder and realed in the rope, making the opening vanish from view.

Spoiler
    Show

Familiar lands on me and uses item interaction and action to administer potion to Verus.

Verus acts next:
    Action: Rope Trick with 10ft rope
    Movement: Get up (half movement) rest to move up through apperture
    Bonus action: Command Tiny Servant
    Tiny servant acts in the same ini, but after me, realing in the rope.

28. - Top - End - #28

The spirit rushes for Winter, slamming head-first into the Eladrin before lashing out with a flurry of punches.

Show
    Headbutt
    (1d20+16)[33]
    (1d20+16)[28] Advantage
    (4d12+10)[32] Damage
    DC 18 Con save or get stunned, new save at the end of each of your turns. Lasts one minute at the most.

Fists
    (1d20+16)[17]
    (1d20+16)[26] Advantage
    (2d12+10)[27] Damage

(1d20+16)[22]
    (1d20+16)[36] Advantage
    (2d12+10)[18] Damage

(1d20+16)[31]
    (1d20+16)[28] Advantage
    (2d12+10)[19] Damage

(1d20+16)[34]
    (1d20+16)[21] Advantage
    (2d12+10)[29] Damage

Ignore this one if distance is greater than 80'.
    (1d20+16)[22]
    (1d20+16)[33] Advantage
    (2d12+10)[29] Damage

Potential Crits:
    (4d12)[40]
    (2d12)[12]
    (2d12)[9]
    (2d12)[10]
    (2d12)[8]
    (2d12)[10]

Show
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Bruce
    Bruce dips briefly into a squat, putting away his wand of Magic Missiles, then leaps towards the clown spirit. He lands with a pair of powerful swings.

Spoiler
    Show

So two weapon fighting is his only viable bonus action right now, and he only has unarmed strike as an option...

Longsword reckless rage attack 1
    Attack (1d20+15)[17] or (1d20+15)[34]
    Damage (1d8+13)[19]

Longsword reckless rage attack 2
    Attack (1d20+15)[20] or (1d20+15)[22]
    Damage (1d8+13)[21]

BA unarmed strike...I don't get Str to damage, but I still get the rage bonus.
    Rage punch!
    Attack (1d20+15)[18] or (1d20+15)[23] for 5 damage (1 + rage bonus)

Active: Sentinel reaction
    Last edited by J-H; 2022-04-02 at 07:57 PM.