New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: bcool999's Ironfang Invasion

Beryl steps forward to give Adowyn the room to fall back. He then readies himself to strike the beast should it get into range.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    MA: Move 20 feet southeast (SE->E->SE).
    SwA: Use Encouraging Roar, giving my allies +2 to attack/damage until my next turn
    SA: Ready Enduring Crane Strike vs the rock monster (1d20+6)[25] (1d6+9)[10], healing Adowyn for (1d6)[6] (EDIT: +4; forgot my IM) if it hits.
    Last edited by digiman619; 2021-06-22 at 11:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

R1T14

Walter launches his emotion fueled bolt at the rock creature, but his lack of control sends it arcing into the ground short of his target.

R1T12

Beryl steps forward to give Adowyn the room to fall back. He then readies himself to strike the beast should it get into range.

R1T5

Caliban moves south and fires a black arrow that trails smoke at the rock monster. The arrow misses as the rock monster shifts out of the way.

R2T18

The rock monster turns to Leyrn and seems to gather power before slamming stone fists into wolf flesh dealing 9 Damage.

R2T17

Giving out a canine yelp at the blow, Leryn withdraws to Adowyn’s side.

R2T15a

Adowyn, barely standing, covers the group she's with, trying to get her mind right from the critical injuries she's suffered.

R2T15b

Perwialen’s turn, Walter on deck, Beryl in the hole.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Perwialen gets into melee, and strikes the creature with their scythe.

Show
    Move in melee range, and attack.

(1d20+5)[12]
    (2d6+6)[17]
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

R2T15b

Perwialen gets into melee, and strikes the creature with their scythe. The blow connects, but to no effect. The creature is indeed as hard as the stone and earth it resembles.

R2T14

Walter, what do you do? Beryl on deck. Cariban in the hole.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Walter sighs and holds his place, not ready to draw upon the last of his power yet.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

R2T14

Walter sighs and holds his place, not ready to draw upon the last of his power yet.

R2T12

Beryl what do you do? Caliban on deck. Enemy in the hole.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

Seeing as the beast didn't come to him, he opted to instead go to it, coming around the corner to punch it in the face.
    Show
    MA: Move the 10 feet to get into melee range.
    SA: Initiate Enduring Crane Strike vs the rock monster (1d20+6)[12] (1d6+9)[12], healing Adowyn for (1d6+4)[6] if it hits.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

R2T12

Seeing as the beast didn't come to him, he opted to instead go to it, coming around the corner to punch it in the face.

The fist skids off the stone hide of the creature to no effect.

R2T5

Caliban what do you do? Creature on deck.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Caliban runs forward while throwing a punch. At the last second he folds his hand inside his gauntlet and it flys toward the rock beast.

Spoiler: Combat
    Show
    Swift action: Enter Snapping Turtle Stance.
    Move action: Move 15ft east.
    Standard action: Throwing Shell to ranged shield bash the rock monster. The gauntlet returns to Caliban just after the attack is made.

Shield Bash: (1d20+5)[12], (3d6+3)[13]

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

R2T5

Caliban runs forward while throwing a punch. At the last second he folds his hand inside his gauntlet and it flys toward the rock beast.

Caliban also finds his attack thwarted.

R3T18

The creature roars in a language you don’t know and brings it’s arms slaming into Perwialen for 11 damage.

R3T17

Leyrn stands between the rock creature and Adowyn, awaiting instructions.

R3T15

Adowyn. What do you do? Perwialen on deck, Walter in the hole.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Colossus in the Playground

Adowyn looks to Leryn and points to the townsfolk in that clump and says, "Defend."

She then repositions to get a shot on the rock-monster and hopefully feel better about doing so.
    Spoiler: Adowyn Crunch
    Show
    FA: Direct animal companion.
    MA: Move 20' (3 sq) SW.
    SA: Enduring strike vs. enemy, cover penalty and PBS incl. (1d20+3)[20], damage (1d8+1)[8].
    * If target struck and takes damage, she heals (1d6+3)[7]
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

R3T15a

Adowyn looks to Leryn and points to the townsfolk in that clump and says, "Defend."

Obeying the command, Leryn moves over and stands between the scared townsfolk and the creature.

She then repositions to get a shot on the rock-monster and hopefully feel better about doing so.

Her arrow lands true, penetrating and chiseling off a chunk of the creature for 8 damage. It roars in pain as Adowyn feels her wounds close. 7 Positive

R3T15b

Perwialen's Turn, Walter on deck, Beryl in the hole.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Swirling their scythe around, Perwialen tries to hold the line.

Show
    Standard action : Attack, with power attack at -1/+3.

Attack - (1d20+4)[19]
    Damage - (2d6+9)[14]
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

R3T15b

Swirling their scythe around, Perwialen tries to hold the line.

Perhaps thrown off balance by the first successful blow against it, the creature finds itself wholly unprepared for the reaping blade brought to bear. It is slashed for 14 damage causing it’s roar of pain from Adowyn’s arrow to cease as it is now cut in twain and quickly decomposing into an unremarkable pile of dirt on the floor of the smithy.

Combat Ends

15. - Top - End - #225

"Medic?" says Adown simply from some level of shock, though doing a little better than before.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Limping into the center of the group from where she was tending the villagers, Aubrin raises her flask, a holy symbol of the Lucky Drunk, high. A wave of healing energy washes over the party for 10 Positive before dissipating.

“There,” Aubrin says to the group after channeling divine power, “That should keep you all fighting for a while. Can’t have our heroes dropping in the middle of saving us can we?”

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Caliban lets out a relieved sigh. "Thank you. Was that thing summoned? If it was that means someone is nearby right?"

18. - Top - End - #228

Leryn is fully healed, and now Adowyn is left with a minor wound. "Thank you, Aubrin."

Regarding summoning, "Now, I don't deal in creatures of pure matter like that, but when I summon an animal and it gets killed, it usually disappears. It doesn't 'die' for leave anything behind. But maybe one of you more learned types might know better."

Adowyn, having Leryn heel with her, carefully goes into the yard where Rocky was and looks around.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

Beryl grunts. "As fascinating as this mystery is, we don't have time to dally."

20. - Top - End - #230

"Not dallying," Adowyn calls back. "I don't expect a creature like that is here by accident, but was mainly brought forth to protect someone or something. It was still here to protect, which means whatever its charge was is likely here as well."

Adowyn goes back to searching or someone or something in the area that the earth creature might have been brought forward to aid.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

A voice is heard from one of the recently rescued villagers, the voice is raspy from the recently inhaled smoke, but recognizable to those who are locals to Phaendar as belonging to Kining, owner of the Phaendar Trade Company, village smith, and the dwarf in charge of bridge repairs, "That thing weren't in me smithy afore today. Looks like goblins aren't the only things swarmin in out of nowhere."

As Adowyn enters the smithy, she notices it lit by a single torch which has dust upon it and it's holder, but the torch itself remains lit and shows no sign of going out.

In the southern part of the room is a pen for the animals slaughtered in the outer yard and a hayloft for their feed storage. Two longbows lie beneath the hayloft, but before Adowyn can inspect further two heads pop up from the hayloft. "Is that thing gone?" one of the heads, a male half elf by the look of him asks before the other head, a female half elf responds, "Of course it's gone! Otherwise it would be attacking."

They continue to bicker as they climb down from the hayloft and retrieve their bows.

22. - Top - End - #232

"Come with me if you want to live," Adowyn says to the hiding villagers, with a possibly slightly accidental Austrian accent. She will then help (there's three of them or two, kinda confusing) them to the rest of the refugees. "Marines We are leaving. Let's get to the bridge and blow it .... once it's behind us, of course.'
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"We got everyone ?"

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

The two half-elf hunters, whom locals to Phaendar recognize as being Lirosa and Taidel, shake their heads at Adowyn's call to join the group. “You can take care of the townsfolk now,” Taidel says before Lirosa adds, “We’ve got Hobgoblins to hunt.”

Spoiler: Perwialen
    Show
    You recall the amulet of Erastil you found hanging in the chapel. It belongs to the very hunter Lirosa standing right before you.

Does anyone attempt to convince the hunters to stay?

25. - Top - End - #235

"Help us first, for we have helped you," says Adowyn. "Once we get to the forest and make a camp, we will make sorties against the filth. Until then, though, we are fighting on their terms, and those are not good terms."
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Shaking their head, Perwialen raises their voice.

"Do you think you can take care of them ? Because if not, once they will have found you, they will know there was survivors, and they will be after us. For now, we don't have what it takes to let you go like that. And for that, I think you can trust me about knowing what our odds are, and how to make sure the people of Phaendar survives this trial."

After a short break, they mark their words.

"Now, I ask. Do you really want to go, even if the both of you would probably be very helpful to help us either go through the wilderness safely, or find foot for all of us if we are to set up camp ?"

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

After Adowyn’s argument and Perwialen’s admonishment, Taidel and Lirosa look to one another and a conversation mostly conducted with body language ensues. At the end of the short silence Taidel says, “Very well, we will stick with you lot.” Lirosa quickly adds, “Just don’t make us babysitters while you go out bagging Hobs.”

With the Hunters now joined to your cause, you have leisure to inspect the rest of the workshop. Besides the previously mentioned torch, not much remains in the workshop that wasn’t ransacked by passing Hobs, there is a keyring holding keys hanging on a nail above the workbench, and the workbench itself holds technical drawings of the Phaendar bridge which is currently under repair.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm sure there'll be plenty of hobs to go around."

Caliban grabs the torch and schematics and puts them in his pack. He points to the keys "Anyone know what these go to? We'll want these drawings to figure out where to place the stump remover."

29. - Top - End - #239

Adowyn asks the smith what useful things that are portable can we take out of her smithy, and then gets a working party of refugees to collect those things quickly.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

Reasonably assured that nothing will jump out at her in her own smithy, Kining walks in and scowls at the broken things laying about. “Nothin ‘ere worth takin. ‘Less you consider scrap worth your time?” Kining says with disgust at the state of things before answering Caliban, “Keys are for the worksite and crane over by the bridge. Though I had the thought we were runnin off not doin construction.”