Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 331 to 360 of 457
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Senna
    Human Arcana Cleric
    AC: 18 HP: 33/33
    PP: 17 PIv: 12 PIs: 17
    Conditions: prepared action (cast Divine Guardians)
    Concentration:-

    Senna finally reveals herself, shield firmly in her left and her glowing holy symbol in her right. Did you murder these humanoids? Are you werebeasts? Speak quickly and do not try to lie. The Divine Metatext of Deneir reveals to me if you are lying.

    If the wretched creatures attack, several blue candles appear around Senna, burning anyone who comes to close. The floor around Senna transposes itself to written parchment, with circles of deep blue ink around each affected creature.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[20] Insight to see what they are talking about.
    If combat, Senna readies a Spirit Guardian's spell and whoever enters needs to roll a Wisdom save or take radiant damage.
    Spoiler: preemptive rolls
    Show

    (1d20)[15](3d8)[15]
    (1d20)[3](3d8)[12]
    (1d20)[4](3d8)[13]


  2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Caelyn Syol'arael
    Wood Elf Druid
    AC: 15 HP: 39/39
    PP: 17 PIv: 10 PIs: 17
    Conditions: --
    Concentrating on:

    Caelyn sighs inwardly when Senna breaks the cover of her spell and begins questioning the cannibals. Now was not the time for moralizing. Now was the time for lethal action with no hesitation. Still, she loved and respected her sister, so she didn't immediately attack. She did, however, remain behind cover. If these cannibals were going to show their true colors, let them think they outnumbered their accusers. If her sister's actions turned out to be a mistake, Caelee would level an inferno of magical energy at them.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Keeping hidden for now. Here's hoping the cannibals want to talk, not fight. Oh who am I kidding, I want to roast em.
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2021-02-26 at 07:12 PM.
    The Bear is Back.

  3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Amnestic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Castle Sparrowcellar
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Cave Crew

    Vala stays close to Senna, not actively provoking combat but also showing a display of force - sending her out alone could end poorly, after all. The suspicious, uninjured man is the first to respond to the call, swinging to his feet and taking up a sword that may have, at one time, been long, but the blade has been sliced off halfway up, meaning it's now an unwieldy poorly weighted shortsword. Fatigue rests in his face, his eyes sunken with deep bags beneath them. "Who are you!?" he roars. His voice is panicked, terror clear. His blade swings wildly between pointing at Senna and Vala, despite being a good 30 feet from even beginning to reach you. "More reds!?" The woman reaches towards the axe haft, but is stopped when the injured man puts a hand on her shoulder. He leans forward ever so slightly, coughing up blood that stains the rags wrapped around his torso from even the slightest exertion. "Reds don't dress their mercs like that, and they don't speak first. Conn, put the sword down." Despite the coughing and dribbling, his words are calm - in between spurts of newly risen blood. His eyes are a stark contrast to 'Conn' without any fear, sharp pools of brown that see you clearly now that he's looking. Scrutinising. Judging.

    "I'm Alarick, this is Connor, and Tasha." He points, barely moving his arm, at the other two. "I'm guessing Deneir never taught you any sort of etiquette. Normally you're meant to introduce yourself before - argh - asking someone else who they are." He groans, shifting in his seat again. Connor lowers the sword and crouches back beside Alarick. Even that small amount of speech seems to have taken the wind out of him. Instead Tasha picks up the conversation for him, looking between you and Alarick with split attention. "We're not werebeasts," she stresses 'beasts', disdain clear in her voice. The implication of their affliction is clear, it seems terminology is more the issue to her. Her accent is that of any commoner barmaid on the sword coast you'd care to name, though they don't often speak with such venom on their tongue. "So? What do you want, barging in on us like this?" Alarick whispers a few words, too quiet to be heard, making Tasha shake her head and whisper a few back, but they otherwise await your reply.

    Faeriedragon Friendship

    "Names just what others call you," the faerie dragon replies in lieu of actually giving a name, taking a bit of food before moving back again out of reach. It doesn't elaborate on that point further, apparently opening the floor up to you to call it whatever you want. It eats while still bobbing up and down in the air, not giving Fanro any sort of attention whatsoever though why exactly is unclear. It smacks its lips and croons approvingly as it devours the food on offer. "Friends go missing a lot lately. Some to soil, some to sea, some to sky. It fine though, not worried. Maybe they just good at hiding. Fun in another place still fun." It flutters its wings a little harder than usual and a small cloud of shining dust falls from them. "What else Melon want to know? It's impossible to tell if the clear mispronunciation of your name is due to its eccentric way of speaking or a deliberate choice.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    RHoD IC | OOC
    Playing:
    ToNG IC | OOC
    MoMiWoM IC | OOC
    OotA IC | OOC

  4. - Top - End - #334
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)



    Cheerful Sam
    Half-Dragon Warlock | Imp Familiar
    AC: 12 HP: 39/39 | AC: 13 HP: 10/10
    PP: 10|14 PIv: 15|10 PIs: 11|13
    Conditions: --- | --

    Tempted to emerge and confront the now-confirmed werewolves, Sam remains with Caelyn in hiding so as not to give away their advantage further. Thus far they've said some curious things, but the imagery of the bones flashes back and forth across his mind, making him feel sick to his stomach.

  5. - Top - End - #335
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Melian Galanodel
    Eladrin Bladesinger
    AC: 13 HP: 34/34
    PP: 14 PIv: 17 PIs: 11
    Conditions: --
    Concentrating: --

    "Ah, I disagree with you," she says in a friendly tone she usually reserved for Academic banter. "How others call you are just words, sure, but your name - what you call yourself - is important. It is part of what defines you and that carries power." Melian can't help but think of all the tales she's read of devils and their true names and the power held within. "Still, we are different enough that what conveys meaning is likely quite different."

    As the faerie dragons relates the disappearances, Melian grows more serious, though she smirks at the mispronunciation of her own name. "These disappearing friends, are they also faerie dragons like you?" She furrows her brow in thought, concern is obvious in her voice. "How do you mean 'into the soil, sea and sky'? Have they been taken or are these the places they live in? Can you tell me about when they disappeared?"

  6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Senna
    Human Arcana Cleric
    AC: 18 HP: 33/33
    PP: 17 PIv: 12 PIs: 17
    Conditions: -
    Concentration:-

    Truth be told, we fought a follower of Malar on our way here, and we don't want to repeat the experience. Say, are you friend or foe? If you are of the Beastlord, know that we are not easy prey.

  7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Amnestic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Castle Sparrowcellar
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Cave Crew

    "You often come into people's homes just to threaten them?" Tasha snaps at Senna, not looking back at her as she wraps another strip of dirty cloth around Alarick. "How'd you like it if we did the same to you? Just wander into your home and be all 'Ooh, we fought some humans earlier, are you FRIEND or FOE?'" Scathing mockery, derision, distaste, it's all clear on her voice. Connor's eyes are still wide with anxiety, but he seems buoyed by Tasha's words muttering "Yeah! Yeah!" under his breath, and Alarick seems in little state to interject further. "If you want something from us just say what it is, otherwise piss off and get out. We're busy." Alarick lays a hand on Tasha's arm, giving her a weary, somewhat expectant look. She sighs, and simply adds, with zero sincerity, "Please."

    Faeriedragon Friendship

    "Most like me," it replies, the double meaning of the words not entirely relevant, and yet perhaps still intended. "Some leave by choice, some don't." It doesn't seem particularly upset by the implications, rattling it off as a mundane fact. The faerie dragon flaps forward again, snatching up another bit of food. "Baldies come to woods, offer food an-" The creature stops mid-chew, suddenly eyeing Melian again with renewed suspicion and realisation, before flapping back another five or so feet. "Smell like you." It hisses slightly. "Why you come to woods, hmm? May not be bald but still stink. Make nose go-" It twitches its nose, which is difficult to really notice owing to its small size, were it not drawing attention to it.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    RHoD IC | OOC
    Playing:
    ToNG IC | OOC
    MoMiWoM IC | OOC
    OotA IC | OOC

  8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Senna
    Human Arcana Cleric
    AC: 18 HP: 33/33
    PP: 17 PIv: 12 PIs: 17
    Conditions: -
    Concentration:-

    Senna's expression softens a bit and she stashes her shield away. Instead, she pulls out her medikit and unfurls a bandage and reveals a small jar of antiseptics. Let's say, I can help your friend over there, and then you tell me a bit more about yourselves? A smile does not come over her lips, but her hostile demeanor vanishes and is replaced by the stoic expression of a nurse.

  9. - Top - End - #339
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)



    Cheerful Sam
    Half-Dragon Warlock | Imp Familiar
    AC: 12 HP: 39/39 | AC: 13 HP: 10/10
    PP: 10|14 PIv: 15|10 PIs: 11|13
    Conditions: --- | --

    Seeing Senna about to step out into this group of likely werewolves, Sam decides it's finally time to make himself known - and let them know not to make any aggressive moves. As much as this place makes his scales crawl, they've not been attacked yet. So he's willing to entertain the idea that these werewolves acted in self defense.

    ... Whatever they did with the bodies after.

    Walking down into the room, Sam moves slowly so as not to startle, and puts up his empty hands. "Let's try to stay calm."

  10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Amnestic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Castle Sparrowcellar
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Cave Crew

    Tasha swivels from Alarick, who's looking paler and sweatier with each moment, at the new voice. "And who's this!?" Her voice rings out through the small cave, her hand edging closer towards the axe nearby. Connor's jumped up, leaving the injured man unattended, though clearly still guarded. "How many more of you are there!?" "Come out!" Connor's voice is a broken screech of fear and panic, clearly unnerved. "You barge in, ramble on, threaten us, now you're, what, giving us something for free?" Tasha spits, clearly in your direction though the distance means there's zero chance even a droplet reaches you. "What possible reason would we have to trust you? Would you trust you?" "We shou-" "Shut up Connor, I'm handling this." She cuts him off before he can really begin, and the panicked man responds by gulping back any further interjections.
    Last edited by Amnestic; 2021-03-01 at 05:30 PM.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    RHoD IC | OOC
    Playing:
    ToNG IC | OOC
    MoMiWoM IC | OOC
    OotA IC | OOC

  11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Senna
    Human Arcana Cleric
    AC: 18 HP: 33/33
    PP: 17 PIv: 12 PIs: 17
    Conditions: -
    Concentration:-

    Senna sighs in disbelief, grasping her forehead. She approaches the group, and tries to push Tasha away, in order to get to Alarick. Get away. He is fading. Or do you want him to die while we argue? Rest easy that my friends will not explode you with me in your middle.
    Last edited by Spore; 2021-03-02 at 07:43 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Amnestic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Castle Sparrowcellar
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Cave Crew

    The rag-wearing woman doesn't entertain the idea for even a moment, and the second Senna tries to get past her, she grabs at Senna's arm and one-hand throws her back a good ten feet. Holding the axe in her other hand, brandishes it aggressively. "You won't touch him!" She's screaming mad with rage now. "We're done talking! At least this way Alarick will have something to eat when he wakes up." Connor seems thrilled, in an utterly mad way - anxiety giving way to bloodlust. He tosses aside his sword as his arms begin to elongate and green chitinous plates begin to grow out of his skin. Tasha's body is likewise bulking up, hair turning to thick fur.

    Spoiler: Map
    Show



    Initiative wise the entire party (sans Melian, who is making friends, and will no doubt be thrilled at the story you bring back) beat the enemies.

    Alarick isn't moving, fyi. Connor on the left, Tasha on the right.

    They are changing but haven't yet changed, since you all beat them on initiative :P Full narration of apperance to come next turn!

    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    RHoD IC | OOC
    Playing:
    ToNG IC | OOC
    MoMiWoM IC | OOC
    OotA IC | OOC

  13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Caelyn Syol'arael
    Wood Elf Druid
    AC: 15 HP: 39/39
    PP: 17 PIv: 10 PIs: 17
    Conditions: --
    Concentrating on:

    If I were to be honest... Caelyn comes around the corner to stand behind Sam, raising her voice loud enough to fill the cave. She had been about to do this anyway, the words of the weres just expediated the move a bit. I was hoping you would say that! Fire blossomed from her mouth and ran like liquid gold down her lips as the power of flame manifested at the tip of her extended wand. BURN! she shouted in Druidic, the words scorching her tongue as she released the energy she had been building. A small bead of intense light shot across the chamber and the air itself around the were creatures erupted into flame.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Moving 1 North of Sam. Casting fireball into the chamber to hit all 3 weres but not Senna. DC 15 Dexterity Save to half (8d6)[24] damage.
    The Bear is Back.

  14. - Top - End - #344
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Melian Galanodel
    Eladrin Bladesinger
    AC: 13 HP: 34/34
    PP: 14 PIv: 17 PIs: 11
    Conditions: --
    Concentrating: --

    "What were doing here would be a long story," Melian says taking a few berries and making a show of eating them herself. "The food isnt poisoned, please help yourself."

    She leans back against the tree, again trying to be as non-threatening as possible. "The short version is that my siblings - who are investigating that cave over there - and I are trying to deal with a group of bandits who have been damaging the woods and threatening people and settlements. The dryad Tilia helped us find their camp and now were exploring more of the woods until we get reinforcements to drive them out."

    The wizard pauses a moment before commenting further, her voice tinged with sadness. "Im sorry others have caused you pain and harm. My siblings and I strive to be a force for good."

  15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Senna
    Human Arcana Cleric
    AC: 18 HP: 33/33
    PP: 17 PIv: 12 PIs: 17
    Conditions: Spiritual Weapon
    Concentration: -

    Wisely, Senna moves back into the formation. Stay back here, Vala. We have the ranged advantage. Senna says before summoning her familiar torch next to Tasha and calls upon a Bell's toll.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Movement to the left square one column in front of Vala.
    Spiritual Weapon(1d20+7)[18] (1d8+4)[8] force damage
    Toll the Dead (1d20)[10] Wis save or take (2d12)[12]
    Toll the Dead targets Tasha if everyone is injured, but if she manages to not get hurt, she will switch to the next possible unhurt target.


  16. - Top - End - #346
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)



    Cheerful Sam
    Half-Dragon Warlock | Imp Familiar
    AC: 12 HP: 39/39 | AC: 13 HP: 10/10
    PP: 10|14 PIv: 15|10 PIs: 11|13
    Conditions: --- | --

    The monsters show their true colors, and Sam feels some of the same relief he hears in Caelyn's voice - a free pass from any moral dilemma. Moving forward, he takes notice of the huge axe in Tasha's hands. Hand. Judging by the shattered shield upstairs, she is plenty capable of using it. He fires two bolts of energy at her, hoping to knock her back away from Senna's exposed position at their front.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Casting Eldritch Blast, both bolts on Tasha.
    (1d20+6)[20] to hit with bolt 1
    (1d10)[3] force damage and 10 knockback on hit
    (1d20+6)[15] to hit with bolt 2
    (1d10)[3] force damage and 10 knockback on hit


  17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Amnestic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Castle Sparrowcellar
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Cave Crew

    As Senna shifts back to your 'lines' her spiritual weapon and tolling bell both dig into Tasha's shifting form. The damage is clear, clearer still when Sam knocks her back into the wall with both beams, her heavily furred-self at this point now beside Alarick. Caelyn's fireball, the blaze streaming through the air before detonating with a crash, smothering the three bloody individuals in flames. Connor, still in the midst of his transformation, doesn't even try to avoid it, instead suffering a full face of flames. Tasha does barely manage to wave off the worst of it with her axe, while Alarick slumps sideways a bit harder, his skin sizzling with burns. By the time the smoke clears, the two ragged individuals standing have vanished, replaced by what can only be judged to be were'beasts' (thought Tasha would take issue with that descriptor, no doubt). Still clutching the greataxe still in only a single hand, Tasha's new form is that of an enormous humanoid bear creature, though its skin appears to be hued a deep night-sky blue and its fur tinged with aspects of purple as well as brown. As if that didn't mark her as unnatural enough, strange glowing face markings - runic, almost - fall down from her eyes to cross her cheeks. Her roar echoes throughout the chamber, and those few animals above that hadn't already been scared off by the fireball are sent running for the hills.

    Connor's form is, at least, coloured normally. His body has changed into that of an enormous mantis, his arms lengthened into razor sharp blades and his eyes grossly enlarged. Those who are to look might see a thousands thousand tiny versions of themselves reflected back into the multifaceted red eyes atop his head. No, aside from being a giant mantis-person, the unusual aspect of Connor's form is an enormous scorpion tail rising up from his back. The stinger's tip is partially translucent, and through the thin green chitin you can see a roiling red liquid pulsating inside.

    The pair rush forward, crossing the full distance of the room in large leaps and bounds buoyed on by their animalistic forms. Connor targets Senna first, raking his armblade right across her torso with incredible power and speed. The young cleric is quick enough to dodge away from his stinger though, and when it pierces into the ground it looses the strange red liquid inside. It sizzles, cracks, and finally pops, exploding with force not unlike a tiny version of the fireball Caelyn had just unleashed. What exactly it would have done if it had pierced Senna...it may not bear thinking about. Connor chitters unhappily, pulling back, and you can see his stinger - now empty - is refilling, though this time the liquid is green instead of red.

    Vala steps up beside Senna, readying her spear for action now that the fight is in earnest, already glowing with the light of her invocation. Though initially aiming for Senna as well, Vala's spear piercing into Tasha's side forces the bear to re-evaluate, and she lashes out with two potent blows against the musician, cutting deep with claw and axe both, though the wounds are already knitting shut thanks to her inner light.

    Spoiler: Map
    Show



    Senna takes 15 slashing damage (max damage roll, oof)
    Vala raged+readied an attack, which hit for 12 damage. She then takes 5+10 damage from axe and claw, before rage reduction, bringing it to 7 total. 59/66 remaining. I didn't update it on this map because I forgot, I'll update it next time.

    So yeah, giant dark blue werebear and weird weremantis-scorpion hybrid. I wonder what that's all about?

    Also between Vala and the two enemies I rolled 3 separate 19s on attack rolls, but no 20s. Oddservation.



    Faeriedragon Friendship

    The mention of Tilia seems to put the young flutterdragon's mind at ease, as its skeptical hovering switches back to calm. Its emotional state seems to fluctuate almost as quickly as the colours of its scales. "Tilia nice, once made flower crowns with me." It continues through chews, "Wouldn't stick in cave too long, baldie rubbish stay there lately, not nice at all, makes you feel-" it cuts off to charade scratching itself repeatedly and gives a strained grunt, but offers no further explanation as to what feeling they're trying to convey. "Don't mind other men, big idiots, easy to lead in circles and circles and circles and circles and circles and circles and circles and circles and circles and circles. Might be sad when they go, but getting bored of them anyway, only so many times you can make them get stuck in bog." Though still not acknowledging Fanro, the faerie dragon does, steadily, seem calm enough to stop fluttering constantly and rest on the ground after its done speaking, giggling quietly at the thought of dropping men in mud.

    In the far off distance you hear what sounds like a muffled roar, followed by the panicked song of birds fleeing the scene, though it's far enough away that it's clearly not nearby or an imminent concern.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    RHoD IC | OOC
    Playing:
    ToNG IC | OOC
    MoMiWoM IC | OOC
    OotA IC | OOC

  18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Caelyn Syol'arael
    Wood Elf Druid
    AC: 15 HP: 39/39
    PP: 17 PIv: 10 PIs: 17
    Conditions: --
    Concentrating on:

    When Senna is attacked by the insectile abomination, Caelee's fury redoubles. In the name of the moon, I command you to change! She flicks her wand towards the stingered creature, uttered a curse in druidic, and a searing pillar of bright moonlight falls down from the ceiling of the cave and lights the insect up with radiant licks of flame. She hoped it would work this time... she had never heard of a weremantis before...

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Cast moonbeam. On the start of the icky green one's turn it rolls a Constitution save (presumably with disadvantage for being a shapechanger) to halve (2d10)[11] damage. If it fails it's save (DC15) it must change to it's base form. It cannot change form while in the light. In the Discord I rolled a 20 and a 4. Happy days if he is a shapeshifter. You never can tell nowadays.
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2021-03-03 at 02:28 PM.
    The Bear is Back.

  19. - Top - End - #349
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)



    Cheerful Sam
    Half-Dragon Warlock | Imp Familiar
    AC: 12 HP: 39/39 | AC: 13 HP: 10/10
    PP: 10|14 PIv: 15|10 PIs: 11|13
    Conditions: --- | --

    Moving up behind Vala, Sam peers past Senna at the insectoid creature. Caelyn's light begins to cause the creature to change back into his human form, and Sam holds onto eldritch energy in his claws as he waits for his foe's flesh to soften, before hurling them forth.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Moving 1 SE, behind Vala.
    Readying an action to cast Eldritch Blast on Conner after his turn starts, when he probably has less AC. Side effect of forcing him to move back into the light if he wants to attack, like a cheeky bastard.
    I think both should knock him diagonally into the wall, as well.
    (1d20+6)[20] first bolt
    (1d10)[6] force damage on hit and 10 knockback
    (1d4)[4] bludgeoning damage from wall shove
    (1d20+6)[7] second bolt
    (1d10)[5] force damage on hit and 10 knockback
    (1d4)[1] bludgeoning damage from wall shove


  20. - Top - End - #350
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Melian Galanodel
    Eladrin Bladesinger
    AC: 13 HP: 34/34
    PP: 14 PIv: 17 PIs: 11
    Conditions: --
    Concentrating: --

    Melian laughs lightly at the description of leading bandits to the bog repeatedly, caught up in the faerie dragon's good-natured descriptions. "Well, they should be coming back soon," she says when the creature mentions the cave. "I hope you stay until they can meet you. One of my sisters is a druid, one of my brothers is kind of like a dragon and one of our friends can grow flower crowns on her hair as well."

    Meanwhile, Fanro finishes his snack and stands, spreading his wings wide and stretching while yawning. He circles in place and lies down in a spot of sunlight, casting one last glance at the faerie dragon and huffing once before closing his eyes for a nap.

    When the roar booms through the woods, Melian sits up and perks her ears. "What was that?" Fanro opens his eyes for a moment, then quickly shuts them again.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    What WAS that? Caelyn's fireball kaboom? Some form of beast or animal disguised as a skill check to identify?
    Last edited by cigaw; 2021-03-04 at 01:15 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Senna
    Human Arcana Cleric
    AC: 18 HP: 18/33
    PP: 17 PIv: 12 PIs: 17
    Conditions: Spiritual Weapon
    Concentration: Guardian Spirits

    Senna reels from the gigantic clamps almost crushing her petite shoulders and weaves another spell intended to shackle down the enemy. Blue flames flicker from her, forming some sort of prayer circles under the two assailants, slowing their movements down. Just as the spell settles, it flares up into holy flames. From behind, Senna's spiritual light hovers near again.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d20)[7][8](15) Wis saves for Tasha and Connor or take (3d8)[7] and (3d8)[12] radiant damage
    bonus action to move the Spiritual Weapon to Connor (assuming Tasha is turned back now, else Tasha) and go (1d20+7)[18] and (1d8+4)[5] force damage again.

    Last edited by Spore; 2021-03-04 at 05:03 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #352
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Amnestic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Castle Sparrowcellar
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Cave Crew

    The sizzling silvery light of the moon beams down upon Connor's insectoid form. Instantly the spiked plating sizzles away, returning to scorched skin and singed hair. This isn't helped at all when he's knocked backwards by one of Sam's beams, pushing him into a wall and pushing the wind from his lungs. Assailed from above by moonlight and from all sides by the spectral spirits summoned by Senna, he lunges forward with what little speed he has remaining to him. Bereft of his bladearms and stinger, he grabs forward at the cleric, locking one of her arms with his wrist. If he was doomed to suffer the pain, then he would not do so alone. Too slow to escape the moonlight with his dragged 'captive', he willingly suffers the pain to inflict it upon Senna in turn.

    The damage inflicted on Tasha is clearly taking its toll, with deep red blood - so dark it might almost be black - matting her purple/brown fur. She lets loose another roar, this one infused with some magic behind it. Sam, Senna and Vala feel their hearts stop cold, suddenly struck with fear of the bear-woman that seems unwilling to back down even in the face of the magic being unleashed on the pair (or trio, if you count the unconscious Alarick). She tosses aside her greataxe, the metal clanging against the stone wall as it falls down the hole to her right, her beastial side becoming clearer as she rakes at Vala twice with her claws. Any expectation Senna's magic would distract Tasha falls short, as the potent spear piercing of your not-bard is more than enough to keep the bear's attention set solely on her.

    Spoiler: Map
    Show



    Vala crits, dealing a total of 27 damage over two attacks.
    She is also clawed for 15+12 before reductions, divine fervor lowering it to 'only' 13. 46/66 remaining.

    Senna is grappled by Connor and pulled into the moonbeam, she failed her save and so takes 11 radiant damage. I didn't roll a concentration check. Because Caelyn rolled slightly higher on the initiative than Senna, it can be moved before Senna has to save again at the start of her next turn.

    Vala, Sam and Senna are all Frightened of Tasha after her roar. Only Caelyn made her save on it. You can make another DC14 Wis save at the end of your turn to end the frighten early. Or kill Tasha. Either/or really works.



    Faeriedragon Friendship

    The faeriedragon sniffs at the air and perks its wings up, flittering them slightly as one might expect a cat to twitch their ears. "Baldie rubbish," it says, a faint mix of disdain and pity in its previously jovial tone. "Not worth effort, probably just hitting each other for fun, but not in fun way." It takes a stone from the ground and starts tap-tap-tapping it against another stone with a rhythm all of its own. It might have been music, but certainly not the sort you'd hear among 'civilisation'. Its beats are to a tempo all its own. "Maybe not stay, got lots to do. Lemur to chase. Pranks to play. Plays to prank. Why? Got reason to stay?"
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    RHoD IC | OOC
    Playing:
    ToNG IC | OOC
    MoMiWoM IC | OOC
    OotA IC | OOC

  23. - Top - End - #353
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)



    Cheerful Sam
    Half-Dragon Warlock | Imp Familiar
    AC: 12 HP: 39/39 | AC: 13 HP: 10/10
    PP: 10|14 PIv: 15|10 PIs: 11|13
    Conditions: --- | --

    Struck with cold fear, Sam feels his limbs practically frozen in place. A worried look is cast to Senna, but the mantis-man seems to be on his last legs. Instead, Sam turns his attention to Tasha. His body might be struck with fear, but he breathes deeply to focus his mind. A mental assault of doubtful whispers begins worming their way into Tasha's ears to foil her bestial bravado by targeting the human inside.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Sam casts Dissonant Whispers on Tasha.
    (1d20)[5] (+mods) Wis save vs DC 14, or forces her to move away and provoke from Vala.
    (3d6)[14] psychic damage, or half on a successful save.


  24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Caelyn Syol'arael
    Wood Elf Druid
    AC: 15 HP: 39/39
    PP: 17 PIv: 10 PIs: 17
    Conditions: --
    Concentrating on: Moonbeam (9 rounds)

    As the flickers of fire rise up around her sister, Caelyn flicks her wand and move the beam to center on the bear creature out of reflex, wincing as her spell damaged her adopted sister. But what came next was rage. Hatred. Righteous indignation. Caelyn stepped forward and began uttering a litany of curses in druidic at the monster who hurt Senna, and then turning to berate the great bear. Unlike some may think, druidic does have curse words, and Caelee unleashed a torrent of them at their foes as she steps next to Sam and continues pointing her wand at the bear. The tip, clad in a metal arrowhead, begins to glow hot and leak small amounts of smoke, while every filthy word on the druid's lips dripped flames. Her eyes were alight with the flickering illumination of the fire, and her hair began to lift as though buffeted by hot air.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Alot of bluster for moving ten feet south and moving my moonbeam to the wererunebear. At the start of it's turn it takes (2d10)[12] radiant damage (DC 15 con save to halve (1d20)[1] and (1d20)[10] for disadvantage. Truth be told, I've been waiting to fight were creatures since I got second level spells. Hopefully it changes back and has to switch to the axe.
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2021-03-04 at 09:25 PM.
    The Bear is Back.

  25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Senna
    Human Arcana Cleric
    AC: 18 HP: 7/33
    PP: 17 PIv: 12 PIs: 17
    Conditions: Spiritual Weapon (3/10 turns), Freedom of Movement (1h)
    Concentration: Guardian Spirits

    The girl never knew how much holy fire burned. Already cussing up a storm, the wrestler's hands are already pushing and pulling her in regions she does not fancy. Suddenly, her mind shoots to the bells. Struggling, slowly, she pushes past his grappling hand, letting go of her holy symbol. Instead she procures a middling bell. One that is already ringing by the time it leaves the pocket, seemingly on its own volition and seeming severely unhappy with the current situation.

    Senna concentrates on the wayward item and commands it to ring. Senna transforms into a semi transparent haze of her former self, exiting the grip of the overpowering enemy. She snaps her fingers for the candle to distract the man

    Spoiler
    Show
    Action to cast Freedom of Movement from the Fourth Bell for 5 charges. Move Action to leave combat to the back lines. No disengage but he seems unarmed?
    (1d20)[2] and (1d20)[5] Wis saves for Tasha and Connor or take (3d8)[13] and (3d8)[18] radiant damage
    Spiritual Weapon to Connor and deal (1d20+7)[24] for (1d8+4)[8] force damage.


  26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Amnestic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Castle Sparrowcellar
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Cave Crew

    Sam's spell forces Tasha into a retreat, tracked by Caelyn's shifting moonlight. Her form as a bear is likewise shifted away and she returns to her ragged human form. Despite the change, the magic in her roar persists, and you are no less frightened of her now than you were moments ago when her hulking body loomed over you. Her axe discarded previously, she scoops up the sword that Connor tossed aside, launching herself back into the fray with a manic but all too human scream. Though no longer in her animal form, the coloured markings reappear on her face as an explosive burst of bright light appears above Sam's head. Only Caelyn is swift enough to turn away from it in time, and the other three are swallowed by the violet light which seems to stick to your clothes. Tasha launches herself at Vala, her arm guided less with skill than with pure strength and fury, and manages to land two hefty blows.

    Connor, now free of the light, but without his captive, shifts back into his insectoid form, and targets the source of their unwilling return to humanity - Caelyn. He lashes out with bladed arm, catching her once, but the stinger is the more deadly of the two implements. Now filled with red liquid once more it stabs down into Caelyn's forearm, loosing the red liquid over it. It's viscous and sticky, but still bubbling, and though you have little time to observe it, it starts popping small bubbles more rapidly as its exposed to the open air. It stinks molten metal, but with a strange undulation to the scent that tells you just how unnatural it is. The stinger bulb now emptied you note it's filling up once more, this time with a yellow coloured liquid. He continues to loom over Caelyn hungrily even with Senna's spirits assailing him.

    Spoiler: Map
    Show



    Connor tried to OA punch Senna but flubbed the attack roll awfully.

    Vala uses her reaction to stab Tasha running away for 11 damage, then readies and stabs Connor-bug for 7.

    Vala, Sam and Senna are all Faerie Fired by Tasha. Only Caelyn made her save on it...again. I didn't plan it like that, but that is how it went.

    Connor, despite not getting advantage, hits Caelyn twice. Once for 11 and once for 8 for 19 total (two conc saves). She's got that red liquid stuck to her arm that looks like it might burst very soon. Explosively, perhaps.

    Tasha slashes Vala twice for 6+10 (total), fervor knocks that down from 16 to 8. 38/66.

    Tasha looks near dead, but she also doesn't look like she's going to surrender or stop fighting.

    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    RHoD IC | OOC
    Playing:
    ToNG IC | OOC
    MoMiWoM IC | OOC
    OotA IC | OOC

  27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Caelyn Syol'arael
    Wood Elf Druid
    AC: 15 HP: 20/39
    PP: 17 PIv: 10 PIs: 17
    Conditions: --
    Concentrating on: Moonbeam (8 rounds)

    Reeling from the pain of the mantis' slashes, Caelyn looks down at the red goo on her arm. It felt warm, and the heat was increasing. But she didn't have time to worry about that. Senna! Could you please scrape this filth off me? Despite the pain and the goo her mind was still on the battle, and most importantly still on her moonbeam spell. Calm and collected, she drew her scimitar with her right hand, switching her wand to her left with a deft toss. Flicking the wand, she moved the searing moonlight to cover both of the shapeshifters, hoping that the scorching illumination will end them both. The fires of her rage were receding, and her entire focus was on ending the fight and preventing the werebeasts from changing.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Passed both concentration saves in the Discord. Moving the moonbeam to cover both enemies. Two saves at disadvantate- Connor- (1d20)[17] and (1d20)[15]. Tasha- (1d20)[11] and (1d20)[1]. DC 15. Damage- (2d10)[7], halved on a successful save.
    The Bear is Back.

  28. - Top - End - #358
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)



    Cheerful Sam
    Half-Dragon Warlock | Imp Familiar
    AC: 12 HP: 39/39 | AC: 13 HP: 10/10
    PP: 10|14 PIv: 15|10 PIs: 11|13
    Conditions: --- | --

    "Hang in there, Senna!" Sam's words echo within the cave, resonating with magic and beginning to mend the cleric's wounds. Sam feels a roiling sensation in his chest and breathes forth a line of fire, to push back the werebeasts.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Healing Word on Senna as a bonus action, Warlock slot for (2d4+3)[7] healing.
    Breath Weapon on Conner. If Conner is down, move 1 SW and Breath Weapon on Tasha.
    (1d20)[18] Dex save vs DC 13 to halve (2d6)[6] fire damage.


  29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Senna
    Human Arcana Cleric
    AC: 18 HP: 7/33
    PP: 17 PIv: 12 PIs: 17
    Conditions: Spiritual Weapon (3/10 turns), Freedom of Movement (1h)
    Concentration: Guardian Spirits

    Don't worry, Sam, this might be it. Senna exclaims as her flames burn both enemies.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Save 17 (Tasha) and 9 (Connor) vs Guardian Spirits. Connor takes 14 damage. I assume Tasha saves.
    Spiritual Weapon vs. Tasha is 25 and 5 damage.



  30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Amnestic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Castle Sparrowcellar
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Cave Crew

    Senna manages to scrape the worst of the gunk from Caelyn before it detonates, and what little is left just sizzles and pops. It stings, slightly, but no real damage is done, even as the main 'goop' on the ground explodes in a shower of dirt and burned grass. The flame from Senna's weapon scorches Tasha's back and she sways left to right, before falling sideways down the hole into darkness out of sight. If she hits a ground, you can't hear it. Connor screams in fury at the loss of his friend, but whatever retaliation he had planned is cut short by Vala's spear and Caelyn's moonlight, with the final killing blow being dealt by Sam's breath. The mantis-scorpion reaches out to strike Caelyn but he falls short and his deathrattle spells his demise. He doesn't shift back into humanoid form after death, instead remaining in his insectoid form. Alarick doesn't move, and a closer inspection of him finds him dead, though whether it was due to his existing wounds or Caelyn's fireball is a mystery. Vala sighs wearily as he light drifts away, the petals falling from her crown like autumn leaves. She doesn't seem particularly pleased with this series of events judging by her expression, but neither is she openly passing judgement.

    A search of the room finds a small concealed hole covered with a rock. Inside is a bag of gold coins and a strange potion vial.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Combat concludes in victory! And a bit of injury, but not too bad all things considered. No brushes with death at least.

    Connor/Tasha's shortsword is chipped and dulled, unlikely to sell outside of perhaps as scrap metal to be melted and reused.

    The gold bag contains 113gp.

    Once you short/long rest you know that the potion is a
    Spoiler
    Show

    Potion of Longevity
    Suspended in this amber liquid are a scorpion's tail, an adder's fang, a dead spider, and a tiny heart that, against all reason, is still beating. These ingredients vanish when the potion is opened. When you drink this potion, your physical age is reduced by 1d6 + 6 years, to a minimum of 13 years. Each time you subsequently drink a potion of longevity, there is 10 percent cumulative chance that you instead age by 1d6 + 6 years.

    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    RHoD IC | OOC
    Playing:
    ToNG IC | OOC
    MoMiWoM IC | OOC
    OotA IC | OOC

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •