Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
Results 331 to 343 of 343
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Senna
    Human Arcana Cleric
    AC: 18 HP: 33/33
    PP: 17 PIv: 12 PIs: 17
    Conditions: prepared action (cast Divine Guardians)
    Concentration:-

    Senna finally reveals herself, shield firmly in her left and her glowing holy symbol in her right. Did you murder these humanoids? Are you werebeasts? Speak quickly and do not try to lie. The Divine Metatext of Deneir reveals to me if you are lying.

    If the wretched creatures attack, several blue candles appear around Senna, burning anyone who comes to close. The floor around Senna transposes itself to written parchment, with circles of deep blue ink around each affected creature.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[20] Insight to see what they are talking about.
    If combat, Senna readies a Spirit Guardian's spell and whoever enters needs to roll a Wisdom save or take radiant damage.
    Spoiler: preemptive rolls
    Show

    (1d20)[15](3d8)[15]
    (1d20)[3](3d8)[12]
    (1d20)[4](3d8)[13]


  2. - Top - End - #332
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Caelyn Syol'arael
    Wood Elf Druid
    AC: 15 HP: 39/39
    PP: 17 PIv: 10 PIs: 17
    Conditions: --
    Concentrating on:

    Caelyn sighs inwardly when Senna breaks the cover of her spell and begins questioning the cannibals. Now was not the time for moralizing. Now was the time for lethal action with no hesitation. Still, she loved and respected her sister, so she didn't immediately attack. She did, however, remain behind cover. If these cannibals were going to show their true colors, let them think they outnumbered their accusers. If her sister's actions turned out to be a mistake, Caelee would level an inferno of magical energy at them.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Keeping hidden for now. Here's hoping the cannibals want to talk, not fight. Oh who am I kidding, I want to roast em.
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2021-02-26 at 07:12 PM.
    The Bear is Back.

  3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Amnestic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Castle Sparrowcellar
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Cave Crew

    Vala stays close to Senna, not actively provoking combat but also showing a display of force - sending her out alone could end poorly, after all. The suspicious, uninjured man is the first to respond to the call, swinging to his feet and taking up a sword that may have, at one time, been long, but the blade has been sliced off halfway up, meaning it's now an unwieldy poorly weighted shortsword. Fatigue rests in his face, his eyes sunken with deep bags beneath them. "Who are you!?" he roars. His voice is panicked, terror clear. His blade swings wildly between pointing at Senna and Vala, despite being a good 30 feet from even beginning to reach you. "More reds!?" The woman reaches towards the axe haft, but is stopped when the injured man puts a hand on her shoulder. He leans forward ever so slightly, coughing up blood that stains the rags wrapped around his torso from even the slightest exertion. "Reds don't dress their mercs like that, and they don't speak first. Conn, put the sword down." Despite the coughing and dribbling, his words are calm - in between spurts of newly risen blood. His eyes are a stark contrast to 'Conn' without any fear, sharp pools of brown that see you clearly now that he's looking. Scrutinising. Judging.

    "I'm Alarick, this is Connor, and Tasha." He points, barely moving his arm, at the other two. "I'm guessing Deneir never taught you any sort of etiquette. Normally you're meant to introduce yourself before - argh - asking someone else who they are." He groans, shifting in his seat again. Connor lowers the sword and crouches back beside Alarick. Even that small amount of speech seems to have taken the wind out of him. Instead Tasha picks up the conversation for him, looking between you and Alarick with split attention. "We're not werebeasts," she stresses 'beasts', disdain clear in her voice. The implication of their affliction is clear, it seems terminology is more the issue to her. Her accent is that of any commoner barmaid on the sword coast you'd care to name, though they don't often speak with such venom on their tongue. "So? What do you want, barging in on us like this?" Alarick whispers a few words, too quiet to be heard, making Tasha shake her head and whisper a few back, but they otherwise await your reply.

    Faeriedragon Friendship

    "Names just what others call you," the faerie dragon replies in lieu of actually giving a name, taking a bit of food before moving back again out of reach. It doesn't elaborate on that point further, apparently opening the floor up to you to call it whatever you want. It eats while still bobbing up and down in the air, not giving Fëanáro any sort of attention whatsoever though why exactly is unclear. It smacks its lips and croons approvingly as it devours the food on offer. "Friends go missing a lot lately. Some to soil, some to sea, some to sky. It fine though, not worried. Maybe they just good at hiding. Fun in another place still fun." It flutters its wings a little harder than usual and a small cloud of shining dust falls from them. "What else Melon want to know? It's impossible to tell if the clear mispronunciation of your name is due to its eccentric way of speaking or a deliberate choice.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    RHoD IC | OOC
    Playing:
    ToNG IC | OOC
    MoMiWoM IC | OOC
    OotA IC | OOC

  4. - Top - End - #334
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)



    Cheerful Sam
    Half-Dragon Warlock | Imp Familiar
    AC: 12 HP: 39/39 | AC: 13 HP: 10/10
    PP: 10|14 PIv: 15|10 PIs: 11|13
    Conditions: --- | --

    Tempted to emerge and confront the now-confirmed werewolves, Sam remains with Caelyn in hiding so as not to give away their advantage further. Thus far they've said some curious things, but the imagery of the bones flashes back and forth across his mind, making him feel sick to his stomach.

  5. - Top - End - #335
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Melian Galanodel
    Eladrin Bladesinger
    AC: 13 HP: 34/34
    PP: 14 PIv: 17 PIs: 11
    Conditions: --
    Concentrating: --

    "Ah, I disagree with you," she says in a friendly tone she usually reserved for Academic banter. "How others call you are just words, sure, but your name - what you call yourself - is important. It is part of what defines you and that carries power." Melian can't help but think of all the tales she's read of devils and their true names and the power held within. "Still, we are different enough that what conveys meaning is likely quite different."

    As the faerie dragons relates the disappearances, Melian grows more serious, though she smirks at the mispronunciation of her own name. "These disappearing friends, are they also faerie dragons like you?" She furrows her brow in thought, concern is obvious in her voice. "How do you mean 'into the soil, sea and sky'? Have they been taken or are these the places they live in? Can you tell me about when they disappeared?"

  6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Senna
    Human Arcana Cleric
    AC: 18 HP: 33/33
    PP: 17 PIv: 12 PIs: 17
    Conditions: -
    Concentration:-

    Truth be told, we fought a follower of Malar on our way here, and we don't want to repeat the experience. Say, are you friend or foe? If you are of the Beastlord, know that we are not easy prey.

  7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Amnestic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Castle Sparrowcellar
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Cave Crew

    "You often come into people's homes just to threaten them?" Tasha snaps at Senna, not looking back at her as she wraps another strip of dirty cloth around Alarick. "How'd you like it if we did the same to you? Just wander into your home and be all 'Ooh, we fought some humans earlier, are you FRIEND or FOE?'" Scathing mockery, derision, distaste, it's all clear on her voice. Connor's eyes are still wide with anxiety, but he seems buoyed by Tasha's words muttering "Yeah! Yeah!" under his breath, and Alarick seems in little state to interject further. "If you want something from us just say what it is, otherwise piss off and get out. We're busy." Alarick lays a hand on Tasha's arm, giving her a weary, somewhat expectant look. She sighs, and simply adds, with zero sincerity, "Please."

    Faeriedragon Friendship

    "Most like me," it replies, the double meaning of the words not entirely relevant, and yet perhaps still intended. "Some leave by choice, some don't." It doesn't seem particularly upset by the implications, rattling it off as a mundane fact. The faerie dragon flaps forward again, snatching up another bit of food. "Baldies come to woods, offer food an-" The creature stops mid-chew, suddenly eyeing Melian again with renewed suspicion and realisation, before flapping back another five or so feet. "Smell like you." It hisses slightly. "Why you come to woods, hmm? May not be bald but still stink. Make nose go-" It twitches its nose, which is difficult to really notice owing to its small size, were it not drawing attention to it.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    RHoD IC | OOC
    Playing:
    ToNG IC | OOC
    MoMiWoM IC | OOC
    OotA IC | OOC

  8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Senna
    Human Arcana Cleric
    AC: 18 HP: 33/33
    PP: 17 PIv: 12 PIs: 17
    Conditions: -
    Concentration:-

    Senna's expression softens a bit and she stashes her shield away. Instead, she pulls out her medikit and unfurls a bandage and reveals a small jar of antiseptics. Let's say, I can help your friend over there, and then you tell me a bit more about yourselves? A smile does not come over her lips, but her hostile demeanor vanishes and is replaced by the stoic expression of a nurse.

  9. - Top - End - #339
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)



    Cheerful Sam
    Half-Dragon Warlock | Imp Familiar
    AC: 12 HP: 39/39 | AC: 13 HP: 10/10
    PP: 10|14 PIv: 15|10 PIs: 11|13
    Conditions: --- | --

    Seeing Senna about to step out into this group of likely werewolves, Sam decides it's finally time to make himself known - and let them know not to make any aggressive moves. As much as this place makes his scales crawl, they've not been attacked yet. So he's willing to entertain the idea that these werewolves acted in self defense.

    ... Whatever they did with the bodies after.

    Walking down into the room, Sam moves slowly so as not to startle, and puts up his empty hands. "Let's try to stay calm."

  10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Amnestic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Castle Sparrowcellar
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Cave Crew

    Tasha swivels from Alarick, who's looking paler and sweatier with each moment, at the new voice. "And who's this!?" Her voice rings out through the small cave, her hand edging closer towards the axe nearby. Connor's jumped up, leaving the injured man unattended, though clearly still guarded. "How many more of you are there!?" "Come out!" Connor's voice is a broken screech of fear and panic, clearly unnerved. "You barge in, ramble on, threaten us, now you're, what, giving us something for free?" Tasha spits, clearly in your direction though the distance means there's zero chance even a droplet reaches you. "What possible reason would we have to trust you? Would you trust you?" "We shou-" "Shut up Connor, I'm handling this." She cuts him off before he can really begin, and the panicked man responds by gulping back any further interjections.
    Last edited by Amnestic; Yesterday at 05:30 PM.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    RHoD IC | OOC
    Playing:
    ToNG IC | OOC
    MoMiWoM IC | OOC
    OotA IC | OOC

  11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Senna
    Human Arcana Cleric
    AC: 18 HP: 33/33
    PP: 17 PIv: 12 PIs: 17
    Conditions: -
    Concentration:-

    Senna sighs in disbelief, grasping her forehead. She approaches the group, and tries to push Tasha away, in order to get to Alarick. Get away. He is fading. Or do you want him to die while we argue? Rest easy that my friends will not explode you with me in your middle.
    Last edited by Spore; Today at 07:43 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Amnestic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Castle Sparrowcellar
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Cave Crew

    The rag-wearing woman doesn't entertain the idea for even a moment, and the second Senna tries to get past her, she grabs at Senna's arm and one-hand throws her back a good ten feet. Holding the axe in her other hand, brandishes it aggressively. "You won't touch him!" She's screaming mad with rage now. "We're done talking! At least this way Alarick will have something to eat when he wakes up." Connor seems thrilled, in an utterly mad way - anxiety giving way to bloodlust. He tosses aside his sword as his arms begin to elongate and green chitinous plates begin to grow out of his skin. Tasha's body is likewise bulking up, hair turning to thick fur.

    Spoiler: Map
    Show



    Initiative wise the entire party (sans Melian, who is making friends, and will no doubt be thrilled at the story you bring back) beat the enemies.

    Alarick isn't moving, fyi. Connor on the left, Tasha on the right.

    They are changing but haven't yet changed, since you all beat them on initiative :P Full narration of apperance to come next turn!

    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    RHoD IC | OOC
    Playing:
    ToNG IC | OOC
    MoMiWoM IC | OOC
    OotA IC | OOC

  13. - Top - End - #343
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

    Caelyn Syol'arael
    Wood Elf Druid
    AC: 15 HP: 39/39
    PP: 17 PIv: 10 PIs: 17
    Conditions: --
    Concentrating on:

    If I were to be honest... Caelyn comes around the corner to stand behind Sam, raising her voice loud enough to fill the cave. She had been about to do this anyway, the words of the weres just expediated the move a bit. I was hoping you would say that! Fire blossomed from her mouth and ran like liquid gold down her lips as the power of flame manifested at the tip of her extended wand. BURN! she shouted in Druidic, the words scorching her tongue as she released the energy she had been building. A small bead of intense light shot across the chamber and the air itself around the were creatures erupted into flame.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Moving 1 North of Sam. Casting fireball into the chamber to hit all 3 weres but not Senna. DC 15 Dexterity Save to half (8d6)[24] damage.
    The Bear is Back.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •