Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

Senna
    Human Arcana Cleric
    AC: 19 HP: 25/44 (39/44?)
    PP: 17 PIv: 12 PIs: 17
    Conditions: Aid (6,5ish hours)
    Concentration: -

We should also tell you that a wizard holds down this operation as its commander. There might be other things down there, but we mostly worry about the mage. We have a bad track record against magic users. Yet we do know its uses. If we can get good intelligence from a scout, we may go from almost dying in a fight to coming out victorious. Plus at least I am two fights away from being left throwing out minor orisons.
    Last edited by Spore; 2022-04-19 at 01:18 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Titan in the Playground

"Given how jealously Daveorn seems to have guarded his secrets from the others..." Vala answers Senna, gesturing at Scritch and Grinder still tied to the anvil. "Grepha might get...exploded again if she goes down alone." "She exploded?" Zu asks, his voice tinged more by surprise than actual concern for her safety - if only because, clearly, she's fine now. "But yes, let us be off. It would be nice to get out of this hole and see the sun again - I presume it's daytime? I will say I lost track."

Not that you go far. Grepha's attempts to scout the door finds herself blocked by the most unpleasant of things: a barrier without clear gaps. The door is thick wood, akin to the others throughout the complex, and pressed down hard against the stone on all edges. Even her spider form wouldn't be able to squeeze through, and pushing it open would doubtless cause significant noise just as the others did. Whether by design or accident, the opening seems blocked to even shapeshifting familiars - at least until she learns how to take on a gaseous form. You note that there's no keyhole, on this side of the door at least. Instead just a metal rung to grab to push it open with.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

Master Homebrew Index (5e)

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Cheerful Sam | Grepha
    Half-Dragon Warlock | Imp Warlock
    AC: 12 16 HP: 48/48 | AC: 13 HP: 17/17
    PP: 10|13 PIv: 15|12 PIs: 11|13
    -- | --

"Well, most of us got exploded. The ogre dropped an acid bomb spell on us," Sam clarifies for their new companion.

And it does not take Grepha long to return. Climbing back onto Sam's shoulder, still invisible, she reports, "The owner of this particular door valued privacy. The wood is straight to the stone. Good for soundproofing and keeping out snooping familiars."

"Guess we go in the usual way? Vala takes point, Senna teleports in at the least convenient moment?"

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ogre in the Playground

Caelyn Syol'arael
    Wood Elf Druid
    AC: 15 HP: 42/47
    PP: 17 PIv: 10 PIs: 17
    Conditions: Bless
    Concentrating on:
    2 / 6 d8 HD
    Spell Slots- 3/4 1st, 1/3 2nd, 1/3 3rd

Caelyn nods at Sam's suggestion and clears out of the way for Vala to assault the door.
    The Bear is Back.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Titan in the Playground

Vala nods and takes point, gripping the iron ring and pushing hard on the door, which as expected squeaks open as it scrapes along the ground. Through the doorway you find a small, but notable more comfortable, room compared to those that came before - living quarters. The walls have cloth patterns hanging up to cover the drab stone, and it certainly does make it feel more 'homey' than the rest of the spartan area. A small writing desk sits in the corner with a chair, adjacent to a table with the remnants of food for two, and chests (one of which is open) for clothes rest against a far wall. The brazier in this room has burned low, with little more than the merest of embers, and the light from your entry dominates that inside the room, which smells not of flame, forge, or rot, but perfume - raspberry and citrus as the primary scents, though as it rests in your nostrils the undertones of jasmine and summer daisies comes through also.

The room is dominated by a large bed, luxurious in its size and resplendence, and something which almost certainly must have been constructed in this room, as there seems no way to have navigated it through the doors, nor down here in the first place. More importantly though is what's on the bed - a woman, her back to you, her outline silhouetted by the blankets atop her. She stirs at the noise, shuffling slightly. Despite all that had gone on, she seems to have slept through it all. "Mm, Eldoth, is that you?" she mumbles, half asleep as she rolls over to face you, before bolting up in surprise. Her bare shoulders indicate you have caught her in a state of undress beneath the covers that she now clutches to her chest. Long auburn hair tumbles down past her nape, looking remarkably taken care of considering her geographic location and those around her. "Uhm, who are you?" She demands, incredulously.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

6. - Top - End - #1236

BlueKnightGuy

Cheerful Sam | Grepha
    -- | --

The Captain's woman is right where their sketchy friend said he'd be. Sam leans in to look, then leans back out when he realizes her state of undress. "Miss, we're here to put a stop to this illegal mining operation. Please put some clothes on and come out peacefully. We'll need to ask you some questions," he explains, not entirely certain how much she's been involved in the deliberate acts of this business.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Persuasion
    (1d20+4)[7]

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh...no?" The woman replies, just as incredulous as before. "Like, who do you people think you are, barging into my room like this and telling me what to do? Were you raised on a farm or something?" She rolls her eyes. "You know you're meant to, like, knock? And announce yourself? It's really rude, what you did, what you're doing right now." What might be a distraction technique appears entirely earnest as the unclothed young woman lectures you on etiquette. "So get out, close the door, and then maybe try again? And make sure you introduce yourself properly." Though she doesn't gesture with her arms, which are still holding the blankets to cover her modesty, she does jerk her head for you to do just that.

Zu, stood off to one side, doesn't put any effort in hiding his bemused smirk, but he doesn't intervene. Having apparently judged the woman not to be a threat, Vala sighs, and slips past the group, the silent message of 'You deal with this' writ clear on her tired expression as she goes to keep watch instead.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ogre in the Playground

Caelyn Syol'arael
    Wood Elf Druid
    Concentrating on:
    2 / 6 d8 HD
    Spell Slots- 2/4 1st, 1/3 2nd, 1/3 3rd

Caelyn, struggling to withhold her frustration in a dozen ways, both small and large, has no patience for this entitled, pompous eye candy. She reaches out and grabs the woman's arm lightly. A light flashed from her palm, and she released a burst of healing into the woman's body. And, like all of Caelyn's healing, it was hot enough to hurt considerably. "Look at me. This operation? It is DONE. I don't know what kind of pampered position of privilege you've had to date, and I don't care. We are leaving with the survivors of the industrial cruelty and depravity that you lazily took advantage of, and your options are rapidly dwindling to leave with us to face what justice the world finds appropriate for your crimes or stay here until Shadow Druids or worse show up to scrub this place clean.

Caelyn squeezed the fresh sun burn on the woman's arm. "Alternatively, you may go off on your own into the woods. This is the closest to getting off free you will get, and I don't think it would last long before uselessness like you is devoured by a dire bear. Your choice, you cheap, painted rose." Caelyn catches the woman's eye from under the cowl of her cloak, eyes burning with barely contained disdain and anger. She turns to her family and says "We don't have time to waste on this woman. We need to find the commander, end this hell hole, and move on."
    The Bear is Back.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Titan in the Playground

The woman lets out a yelp of pain as she wrenches her arm from Caelyn's grasp. "Ow! You...you won't get away with that, when I tell Daddy what you've done he'll be so mad." The woman still doesn't seem to have realised that you have yet to give your names, but that doesn't stop her. "You ruffians barge in with your swords out -" None of you are wielding swords - Zu didn't even draw his before the door was opened, keeping it slung across his back. "talking about "shutting this place down" as if that's not what Eldoth and I have been working to do! You're going to make a mess of our plans and all because you're too stupid to think things through. Not that I should be surprised by people who don't even know how to knock on a door." She huffs. "Go on then, get out! And when you get exploded by the traps and tricks downstairs we'll see who's the one who stops this, but, uhm, big hint? It's not gonna be you, because you'll be exploded."
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

10. - Top - End - #1240

BlueKnightGuy

Cheerful Sam | Grepha
    -- | --

"What do you mean you're trying to shut this place down?" Sam asks, avoiding leaning in given the woman's state of undress. He trusts Caelyn can handle herself. "The bandits say you're their Captain's woman."

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Titan in the Playground

Senna
    Human Arcana Cleric

Senna is thoroughly surprised by a nude woman in the midst of this, but for now she manages to summon the professonialism of a nurse.If you mean to garner civility from us, know that we were raised in a fortress and sadly went through a lot of fighting to get here. We will not give you the liberty of an empty room right now, after how much backstabbing and danger we went through. I can remove the men from the room to guard the door, and that is the only thing we can offer you.

If you feel exposed in your state of undress, that is now your problem. Our goal is the same, so I suggest you find your Eldoth and we ally ourselves.
    They tried good guard, bad guard for a while now, but Senna was drawn to neither "role". She plainly dealt with this as "severely unimpressed nurse" instead.

She crosses her rather unimpressive arms. Unless you are actually allied with these fiends, which where I suggest you quickly reassess your loyalties and join us. Your choice; join the lone wizard surrounded by a handful of bandits, or the winning side, with the cleric covering your back, a warrior fighting on the front, a dragon and a druid in league with at least a dozen other druids that reign in this forest?

Even if I hated our guts, the logical choice is clear.
    No smile or anger was sent towards the nude woman, just cold logic.

Spoiler
    Show
    Insight (1d20+7)[26] she does not seem trustworthy, but I want to know where her allegiances lie.
    Perception (1d20+7)[22] because I somehow expect her to pull a poisoned dagger from SOMEWHERE.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh my gooood, you are so annoying." She drawls, rolling her eyes. "Like, it's so simple? Eldoth, that's my boyfriend - duh, is infiltrating the group so that we can take them down from the inside? He got to become the Captain so that he can get access to the downstairs? Like, how else would you do it? Just walk in the front door?" Another scoff from her. "I bet you didn't even know that Daveorn is a vampire. See? I'm already helping. More than you've done so far, barging in and grabbing at me, ruining all our plans probably. If you want anymore though I want to put some clothes on - so yes, everyone get out, but you can stay, I suppose, if you have to, but no peeking, or I'll have Daddy throw you in the dungeons for a week." She points at Senna, though her choice is likely more process of elimination than any real preference, with Caelyn having assaulted her and Vala checking out of the conversation entirely to stand watch instead.

Spoiler: Insight/Perception
    Show

Aside from being generally dismissive of you, the woman does seem to be entirely truthful. There's no stuttering or stammering in her words, no furtive glances, no reach for any weapons. She might lack any real grasp of the severity of the situation she is in, but she also doesn't seem to be lying - including about Daveorn being a vampire. Whether it's actually true or not, she certainly seems to believe it is.

Spoiler: Vampire (Int: Religion)
    Show

Spoiler: DC1
    Show
    Daveorn is bisexual.

Spoiler: DC5
    Show

Vampires are undead creatures that feed on the blood of others for sustenance. They are allergic to sunlight, garlic, and fire - though most people are allergic to fire.

Spoiler: DC10
    Show

They are not allergic to garlic. That's an old wives tale. They're actually vulnerable to running water. Unless they're killed within sunlight or running water, they turn into mist, and return to their sanctuary (usually a coffin) though if prevented from doing so they will eventually expire. Vampires can change their form into bats, and supposedly can call bats, rats or wolves to their aid. Radiant light can also halt their regeneration, though not prevent their mistform.

Spoiler: DC15
    Show

A vampire's gaze can arrest a creature's will, turning its allegiance to that of the vampire. Though they might not turn on their friends entirely, a thrall of the vampire will nevertheless seek to defend them - and become a willing victim of the vampire's bite. Should a creature be drained of their life by a vampire and be buried, they will arise on the next night as a vampire spawn under complete control of their sire.

Spoiler: DC20
    Show

Vampires are extremely long 'lived', and thus many turn their hands towards spellcasting. Frequently their favour necromancy - though just as many eschew it to not be 'predictable'. As powerful creatures they are often more resilient to spells, and can act more swiftly, than other creatures can. They cannot be harmed by nonmagical weaponry.

Last edited by Amnestic; 2022-04-23 at 02:51 PM.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

13. - Top - End - #1243

BlueKnightGuy

Cheerful Sam | Grepha
    -- | --

A vampire? That's a bit more than they bargained for. But flooding the mine would certainly rain on his parade... or they could knock him out and drag him outside. Either way Sam apologizes (without looking in), "If you really are here trying to shut this place down, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. We're here to do the same thing... and we actually did just come in through the front door."

Don't go peeping through my eyes, Grepha cautions as she shifts into spider form and then turns invisible, crawling into the room in secret so that Senna is not alone with the woman. Whether her story is true or not, she seems too stupid to be predictable.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ogre in the Playground

Caelyn Syol'arael
    Wood Elf Druid
    Concentrating on:
    2 / 6 d8 HD

Caelee, ignorant to the threat of the undead, scoffs and turns to follow Sam, also leaving this idiot in her wake. "I can't believe I wasted spell energy trying to intimidate her..."
    The Bear is Back.

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Titan in the Playground

Senna
    Human Arcana Cleric

Senna starts to think aloud. On one hand, you don't seem to be knowledgable about undead. On another you and your consort have spent more time down here. A vampire is definitely feasible in a mine such as this. And you seem convinced at least. Say, I have just two questions and then we will leave you alone, madam. What evidence does bring you to the conclusion that the wizard is a vampire? And why are you naked down here without a second person in sight? I would not strip down if I were infiltrating an enemy camp.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Titan in the Playground

"How do you know what I know about vampires? Like, you don't even know who I am? Eldoth told me Daveorn's a vampire, duh." The woman replies scathingly. "And I always sleep nude, not that it's any of your business. Not like we're sleeping together. Like I'd want to." She adds, a little cruelly, at the end. She gestures for Senna to turn around, and finally begins getting dressed, which takes longer than perhaps it should as she decides between outfits from the treasure chests of clothes.

Outside the now-closed room, Zu casually offers up "The khanala doesn't seem to be lying." "Doesn't mean she's right though." Vala interjects from nearby, to which Zu simply nods and makes a vague sound of affirmation. "We should still prepare to fight a vampire though, in case she is. Any suggestions?"

The woman finally finishes dressing after excruciating minutes of outfit choice. Her garb appears to be that of a rich person, likely a noble's, but suited for traveling instead of formal affairs. She has that much sense, at least. Now decent, she returns to the door and opens it to bring the others back into the conversation. "So lets try this again? Who are you people and why are you ruining our plans to shut down the mine?"
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Titan in the Playground

Senna
    Human Arcana Cleric

Senna about had it with her. Who we are is none of your business, bandit slut. she shouts. If you must know technicalities, we are mercenaries here to bring the down the Iron Throne. We have a druid, a warrior, a half-dragon and a cleric of Deneir. And the tiefling.

Now do you have any skills besides spreading your legs?
    Senna stares at the woman.

I can try to turn him but any closer investigation will have to wait. Deneir's flames can sear the creature in the meantime.

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Titan in the Playground

For a moment it looks like she might be cowed by Senna's outburst, but as the words go on the woman bites back. "'Bandit slut'? You really don't know who I am do you?" She flourishes an arm theatrically, her attitude changing from anger to smug satisfaction. "You are talking to Skie Seraphina Silvershield, daughter of Grand Duke Entar Silvershield, one of the Four Grand Dukes of Baldur's Gate," she pauses for a moment as her introduction wanes back to her more casual speech, "I'm basically a princess, you sellsword shrew." There's no air of deceit in her words, no moreso than when she was speaking before, so either she is truly an adept liar, or she's telling the truth.

Folding her arms, she volunteers no more information, awaiting your reply.

Spoiler: Int (History) on Skie Silvershield
    Show

Spoiler: DC1
    Show
    Who?

Spoiler: DC10
    Show

Entar does have a daughter by that name who mostly has kept out of the public eye so far.

Spoiler: DC18
    Show

Skie Seraphina Silvershield is around the age of the woman you're addressing. She's the second, and youngest, child of Duke Entar - behind her older brother who's a few years her elder. Word is she's been kept away from high society due to her less-than-noble attitude, and thus far has been protected by her father's vast political power and even vaster wealth.

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Titan in the Playground

Senna
    Human Arcana Cleric

I am sorry, how could I mistake Lady Skie Seraphina Silvershield for a common thief and harlot. I should have picked up on your status when we pulled you out of a bed in this earthen hole. Senna does a curtsy, with no small amount of a sarcastic smile in her face. It is truly an honor to have saved a princess unable to defend herself from the vile grasp of these bandits. It is an honor.

Senna knew deep down antagonizing Skie was a bad move, as they eventually needed some support from the Grand Dukes if their actions here would come to fruition in any way. As thus Senna closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. As fun as this battle of hurtful words was, I do not mean it. If your intents here are genuine, and you truly want to bring down the Iron Throne, we have further evidence they are also behind the attack on Nashkel mine, which would suit a large trading company such as theirs to remove the dukedom's ability to collect iron, only to sell theirs for inflated prices in fear of a coming war. Senna was done with her playground insults, and hoped Skie could skid past this just as fast. I fear divulging our past would endanger you and your loved ones, so you will have to make due with our names and that we share a common enemy. I'm Senna, this is Sam, Grepha, Vala, Caelyn and Zu. She points at the leaving group.

You should follow us if you can help. We are going down.

20. - Top - End - #1250

BlueKnightGuy

Cheerful Sam | Grepha
    AC: 12 HP: 48/48 | AC: 13 HP: 17/17
    -- | --

Sam sighs and rubs the back of his neck out of second-hand embarrassment. "You make friends everywhere you go don't you?" Letting his hand fall, he bows politely. "Sam, a follower of Bahamut. Sorry about my brutish approach earlier." Follower of Bahamut. Sometimes I wonder if you realize you aren't an ordained priest... or an officer of the law. Hey now, I never said anything like that! ... But if she misunderstands that's not my fault.

A black bird materializes on his shoulder when Senna introduces Grepha. Though the transformed imp refrains from speaking, only making a croaking bird noise. Please, stop engaging the creature. The less we speak to it hopefully the less it will speak, she throws shade into Sam's mind.
    Last edited by RandomWombat; 2022-04-25 at 08:33 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Ogre in the Playground

Caelyn Syol'arael
    Wood Elf Druid
    Concentrating on:
    2 / 6 d8 HD

Caelyn was about to cheer her younger sister on in her scathing remarks towards the woman, and when Senna calmed down Caelyn's eyes burned with aggression that did not relent so readily. "I am Caelyn. A druid. I am... she looked to her family, and the visions of her latest dreams came to mind. Immediately her head and hood hung low. "I will be administering healing magic and... limited fire support. And I must be honest, I know next to nothing about fighting vampires..."
    The Bear is Back.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Titan in the Playground

Senna
    Human Arcana Cleric

Senna does not let a situation in which she could school Caelyn go unnoticed. Her eyes glint as she turns to her sister quickly. Vampires are undead creatures who fear running water. They hate fire and unless killed by running water or sunlight, will return to their coffin to regenerate. They control bats, rats and wolves. Also they can control your mind.

Senna sighs. Yet another very good reason to flood the mine. But why would Davaeorn install such a mechanism knowing it is his doom? Unless someone more competent holds him hostage with this.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, well, I suppose I shouldn't expect anything more." Skie says, accepting Senna's apology at face value and completely missing the sarcasm and unpleasantness in her words. To the Silvershield scion, the words of an apology seem to be sufficient, and any duplicity sent her way overlooked entirely, but she adds "I absolutely will not be going down to fight Daveorn, I could break a nail or mess up my hair, and that's just..." She shudders, apparently visibly distraught at the prospect that her appearance might be marred in any way. "So like, good luck. Oh, and the password is Dank Dungeons Don't Dry. Stupid, right? But I didn't make it. It should save you from getting exploded. If you see Eldoth, tell him that you're working with me and he should see help you out. If there's nothing else," she yawns, "I think I'll go back to bed. Wake me if you win."

Assuming the party leaves Skie, she shuts the door on you just as she said she would, and you're left to your own devices. "So...is this 'Entar' guy rich? Might pay a pretty copper or two for the safe return of his daughter? Don't imagine a Duke would send her to bed down in a place like this." The gold gleams in the pits of Zu's eyes, prospect of a reward lighting up his interest. Vala's more measured, appending "Or a favour. If you are set on getting involved in all this Iron Crisis business, might help to have a way in with the man."
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

24. - Top - End - #1254

BlueKnightGuy

Cheerful Sam | Grepha
    -- | --

Vala's suggestion of a favor from Entar gives Sam some ideas. But he puts that aside for now, and turns his thoughts back to planning their approach. "We can't flood the mine, at least not yet. For one, Skie probably won't leave her boyfriend to drown, and if he's trying to stop this we'd be drowning a good man. For another, we'd destroy any evidence of the Iron Throne's wrongdoing," he voices his opinion on the 'easy way'.

"Can vampires be knocked unconscious?" Grepha suggests. "If Senna's bell still has enough power, we could weaken the vampire enough to force it to Sleep, then drag it out into the sun or the river."

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Titan in the Playground

Senna
    Human Arcana Cleric

Nah, vampires are fancy zombies. The bell would not work on them. Same with the enchantment that prohibits humanoids to move. Senna scratches her head. Well if I hadn't forgot to purchase some silver or make some holy water, I could have encircled it in a magic prison. Which still takes like a minute to properly design. Senna looks at her assortment of bells, and rethinks her spell choices tonight.

If it is not humanoid, or has a brain I am utterly hosed in that regard.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Ogre in the Playground

Caelyn Syol'arael
    Wood Elf Druid
    Concentrating on:
    2 / 6 d8 HD

"If they fear fire... than they should fear me well enough." Caelyn smiles slightly, liking their odds from Senna's words, missing the barbs of know-it-all-ness from Senna. "Perhaps with enough firepower we can simply overwhelm it?"
    The Bear is Back.

27. - Top - End - #1257

BlueKnightGuy

Cheerful Sam | Grepha
    -- | --

"A magic prison?" Sam thinks to himself, then splits into a toothy grin. He points at Senna. "Aha! We can use that magical change-making thingy to make enough silver for whatever you need. Then, we hide the trap under a rug and we can either lure the vamp inside, or I'll blast it in with my blasts!"

"That's..." Grepha narrows her eyes. "Not a bad plan. A little devious, even."

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Titan in the Playground

Senna
    Human Arcana Cleric

Senna smiles. Yea, that sounds clever. Senna turns to Caelyn. Maybe if you can do your druidic ritual on his coffin or mortal remains before he rises back again, he could also be done? Dealing with vampires is very specific within the old tomes, but that's probably just because vampire hunters stick to what works for lack of scientific experimentation upon an unlive specimen.

Spoiler
    Show
    I have a very weird idea to abuse Plant Growth to kill Davaeorn. The cycle of life is purifying, and by that logic much of the life side of death and rebirth is hated by the vampires of folklore. This should mean if their immortal remains are slain and then absorbed by a magically enhanced plant, it should be purified to kill the vampire and be nature again?

Well, that or demonic vampire tree.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ogre in the Playground

Caelyn Syol'arael
    Wood Elf Druid
    Concentrating on:
    2 / 6 d8 HD

Caelyn tilted her head as she thought over Senna's option. "I think I could manage something. At the very least I can entomb the fiend in wood, given a seed and a powerful spell. But it would take one of my most powerful spells, so it is likely I wouldn't be able to do this ritual until tomorrow."
    The Bear is Back.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Titan in the Playground

"Seems like a plan." Vala nods, and with little else to discuss she takes the lead of your group of six to head below. Heading in the direction Scritch noted, you proceed down another set of stairs that twist in on themselves, circling into the depths of darkness. After what feels like a further two floors of descent below the hard ground, you emerge into a small room that's a bit cramped, given the size of your group now. There's a faint air of copper, but it's dominated by the scent of books - treated leather, parchment and ink.

Two suits of armour of a local design, but decidedly old and layered with dust, stand on opposite sides clutching maces, but otherwise the room appears unremarkable itself. Ahead and to your right are small passages that you would normally expect to lead deeper, or perhaps to doors, but instead of something that you could easily pass through the passages are filled with what appears to be blocks of solid wood from top to bottom, blocking your movement. The blocks show no sign of hinges or other ways to shift them, and from a cursory glance the only way through them would be to break them down - or burn them.

A spectral image of a suit of armour appears as your group enters, ahead of the passage forwards, identical to the two that flank you. It doesn't move, but you hear a voice, one that seems to come both from the spectral figure and the suits of physical armour. Monotone, with the force of a hammer against metal, the voice resonates through your bodies, stating simply: "The words open the way."
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC