New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 21: Older than Arkh

[Feast for the Eyes]

Seraphina holds on to the handlebars.

"I normally don't like books that have maps in them," she says, but adds, "but this time it's pretty convenient."

She makes sure to hold on tight enough.

And Seraphina answers het question: "Yeah, I do. There's nothing to say about it, though."
    She looks down at the things they're passing by. "What do you expect me to say about it, anyway? It just is. 'Yeah, I'm so self-conscious about it'? Or 'Yeah, it's so neat being able to pass whichever way I want'? Or 'It made dating so hard'?" It's just a fact that is, she thinks, so there's nothing important to say about it.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Underhill Draconic Branch Museum]

Turge throws his hands up a little, frustrated at the situation. "They SHOULD have been on patrol throughout the museum. Any of them would have passed by the area and OUGHT to have looked in there and seen it missing, well before the janitor came in. I can't verify ANY of that because the camera footage is missing. So maybe start with Eudyne. She was supposed to be watching the cameras, at least according to Vreig and Rhaz." The orc rubs his head. "The one thing I can tell you for certain is that the laser grid protecting the room the artifact was in was not turned off, nor tripped, and was active the whole night. I was able to verify that discreetly with the tech company that handles the automatic alarm portion of security. Same with the wards against teleportation."

He takes a moment to think back, pulling up a drawer in his desk to flip through some memos. "We had it for... five days I guess. And knew about it for..." He flips through some more. "About a week before it arrived. Not exactly a lot of forewarning in terms of what we usually get, but this wasn't to be a display piece, so we didn't need a month to reconsider exhibit spacing."

"And how widespread was news of the acquisition? If it wasn't to be a display piece, was it just you and the provider?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Gardens

"Admittedly, I cannot be precisely sure it was her exactly. It could always be a diversion or simple lie. I have never met the woman in the flesh and only know of her by reputation. And even then, I hardly know any of said reputation. Nothing that isn't easily figured out by casual conversation in the floating cess pit they call a city." Jezebel admits before sighing and settling down on the edge of the table, as unladylike as such posture may be. Calling Skyside such was probably too far, but it reminded her far too much of her homeworld for her liking. "It hasn't been entirely horrid however, even I must concede that much. I might not be back up to the strength I felt at the height of my rule over the Gardens as a true domain, but this has gone a long way to rectifying the power I sacrificed." She lets out a sigh before lifting a hand as if to dismiss her worries for the time being. "If it'd be more comfortable, I can change into something else. Shape wise I mean, not attire."

Ms. J. Investigation

Jezebel is quiet for a few moments as she turns one of the communicators over in her hands a few times, tracing the edges with her fingers and applying a bit of pressure to test if it was easy to open up along the seams. Even if it isn't, she'll set them upon her bar top so she can pull out a portable auspex scanner and check them for bugs. "Sorry if it is rude, but I just want to make sure they don't have any foreign listening devices inside." She explains when they all check clear. "If there were, I think there'd be bigger issues than just my shape." Still, the question was worth considering.

"Yessss...and also no. I can change shape, certainly. I can look like what I did when you arrived easily, though that is because I still view myself as that way for the most part. It is a comfortable shape and form but it still feels like wearing a shirt that is too tight." She closers her eyes, visualizing something as she folds her wings along her back and her surface seems to shimmer. Jezebel, with minimal demonic features, is back and she rolls her shoulders to try and get comfortable. A bit more of thought and she runs her hand over her face, making her horns look longer and more elegant to match more elfen ears. The slight change makes her face look more wild fae than daemonic, but still distinctly Jezebel. "Changing my looks is nothing new to me, though full on shapeshifting is more complicated and difficult than I'd like. It seems I am restricted in what all I can change. It has to appear like me, have horns, tail, and purple skin, and show elements of passion, lust, or violence. I have one other shape I've found to feel fully natural, but it is decidedly more...impish than this." Another rub of her hand and her features shift back to normal where she looks markedly more comfortable.

"In fact, I was actually considering seeking you out to learn how you manage your own shapes so I could learn from it. I am not adverse to changing my looks, but it isn't so easy when the belief of tens of thousands dictates part of what I should look like. I used to be able to change to a masculine form before, but this feels more strenuous and extreme than that used to be."

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

[Lotus Gardens]

"Your appearance doesn't concern me. Other things do. Our members... I don't know how they'll react to this." Wenomir sighs heavily. "Maybe if Cessie and I assure them that you're still to be trusted, we can smooth it over. For now we should talk about the reason I came here... Tellysandra's offer."

Camera footage is missing? This doesn't sound like a coincidence. Definitely a priority lead. Fayyaad is silent for a moment, as Cassandra has asked the question he was going to ask.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #275

[Lotus Gardens]

Speaking of Cessie, there she is and without as much as a hair out of place. All that time in the bathroom really did help.
    Though just as she seems to belive she has a handle on the situation she is left staring at a bewinged Jezebel and slowly, perhaps reduclantly, shift her gaze over to Wenomir.
    "I see that I was left out of this reveal." She finally remarks after several moments of silence.

Ms. J. Investigation

The communicators were made for two things, to be essentially unbreakable and be able to send signals even across different dimensions if they had to. How that translates into Jezebel investigating one I'm not sure but the auspex should at least give her a confirmation that there's no foreign listening devices implanted into it.

Anika just tilts her head in confusion though as Jezebel is prodding at the device.
    Then she raises her palms. "Whoa, whoa, you're saying that walking around with just tiny horns is like walking around with a tight skirt? Damn, girl. Unless I was trying to really impress, I'd never wear a tight skirt and you've been wearing one all this time?!" A pause.

"Wait, is that's what this is about? Are you trying to impress miss C by looking human? Since honestly, I've seen plenty of humans and no offense, but... you got a whooping tail." Anika gestures at it with both hands. "You ain't fooling no one, lady. Like you said, you got those demon parts already. You really think C-command is gonna mind some wings if she's getting tailed already? I've been with people with a tail before and let me tell you, it's a wild ride. Besides, lady C is clearly into the chests, I've seen her looks, and you added like a cup-size? You must be crazy to still wear that tight shirt. You're gonna get demon accused either way is what I'm saying so just embrace it."

She shrugs. "Anyway, as for shapeshifting, I don't know anything about your kind. I turn into animals by channeling ancient spirits, J-bell. Not really the same thing as, uh, whatever you're doing. Probably not the same thing at least."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2021-03-31 at 05:07 PM.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Out]

Archera will recall that when they entered had to cross the fence the gate was locked and Irena went through the 'door' of the fence. Hence she wouldn't even need to try to open the gate to know that it's locked.
    Like she planned, the lock cracks due to the increased pressure and she can push the gates open. However, as she can hear shouts behind her as she's running.
    "****, it's Archera!"
    Then more swears as they're trying to chase after but despite her carrying a baby they're not going to be able to catch up by the sound of it and she suspects that they aren't paid enough to want to go to toe to toe with her either.

Regardless, it looks like she made her escape but she was spotted by MERC however though there was likely little she could do about that.
    [Out]

Archera keeps moving, quickly ducks into an alley, then keeps going taking unpredictable turns. Once she's put some distance between her and the Merc goons, she stops in a shadowy spot, pulls out her phone, and sends a text to Irena.

Merc at the warehouse tunnel entrance. Take alternate route.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post

"And how widespread was news of the acquisition? If it wasn't to be a display piece, was it just you and the provider?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Camera footage is missing? This doesn't sound like a coincidence. Definitely a priority lead. Fayyaad is silent for a moment, as Cassandra has asked the question he was going to ask.

"That this Branch in particular had it? That should have been just between us and the Head Office." Turge shakes his head, suggesting that's only half the story though before continuing. "That Life's Limit had been discovered and recovered by the Underhills, however? That made a few papers. Towards the back. Mostly just waves in the archaeology and academic field and waves is... probably overselling it because the sword didn't display any obvious major omens, portents, or powers. Ripples maybe? You really have to be an apocalypse in a container for front page news. Beyond that, I couldn't tell you who knew what and if they shouldn't have." He might be curator of this branch because of his doctorate in draconics, but he's still middle management in the corporate structure.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2021-04-01 at 04:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Feast for the Eyes]

Seraphina holds on to the handlebars.

"I normally don't like books that have maps in them," she says, but adds, "but this time it's pretty convenient."

She makes sure to hold on tight enough.

And Seraphina answers het question: "Yeah, I do. There's nothing to say about it, though."
    She looks down at the things they're passing by. "What do you expect me to say about it, anyway? It just is. 'Yeah, I'm so self-conscious about it'? Or 'Yeah, it's so neat being able to pass whichever way I want'? Or 'It made dating so hard'?" It's just a fact that is, she thinks, so there's nothing important to say about it.
    [Feast for the Eyes]

"Glossary section, after the novel. Duh." Karasu says, adding, "Not some sort of picture book, just stuff for worldbuilding."

She chuckles at Seraphina's list of questions. "Got comments like that too, 'specially when hair was shorter. Yeah, I get it all." Though that backside of hers is changing that as she develops a more womanly body.

"Ah, here we are... oh, a VR interface... figures." She comes to a stop on the roof of their destination as she observes the interface before her. There should be one before Seraphina, too: it shows their statuses (both fine), location in the book, time of day etc. "Wanna wait till morning? Shouldn't disturb them at night. Assuming you're seeing this, too." She asks, tapping a button to progress forward in the book. It requires both to agree before doing something.
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2021-04-01 at 05:09 PM.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

9. - Top - End - #279

[Feast for the Eyes]

"I don't normally like books with maps in them," Seraphina repeats, except this time without the qualifier.

So, back to the important part of the conversation.
    Seraphina looks at the VR interface. "Yeah, I can see it too. Looks pretty basic, which is good."
    She looks around it for the time button and the skip ahead button.
    "Yeah." She pushes the button to skip forward. "Here."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2021-04-02 at 02:23 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    A Riverside Alley

"Uh, never - don't get into that kind of trouble. Just... like, sometimes you need a bit more access to places," Anastasia awkwardly tries to defend. I mean Tetra's not wrong, it is a little weird for her to have them on hand when she doesn't really find reasons to need them going around Riverside. It's really more of a comfort thing, a nice little feeling of knowing she has the option in her back pocket if she needs more routes to run or hide in. Never know when another invasion or other catastrophe might strike.

"...Aaaaand, there! All set." The cops pop off with a click and Ana lets them fall to the ground. There's an awkward moment as she waits for Tetra to act next, fidgeting a little under the focus. "So, uh, yeah. You... should be good, right?"
    Tetra narrows her eyes. This one is being vague and evasive. It's hard to tell why, though, because Tetra doesn't know a single damned thing about this stranger. Or, for that matter, this world. Why does this one need access to places? Who is she working for or against, and why? She doesn't seem to have any idea who Tetra is, at the very least.

"So long as you don't report this to the space men, I'm good," she answers, peering suspiciously into Anastasia's eyes, as if expecting to eventually pierce right through them with her stare, travel up her optic nerve, and dig through her temporary ally's cerebellum for the answers. It's a little intense, as I'm sure you can imagine. Not to mention how crazy she sounds talking about 'space men' of all things. What space men? Spaceside has been defunct for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

11. - Top - End - #281

[Out==> Suncrest Manor]

ok, meet up at the cave then
    Is Irena's reply, of course talking about Suncrest manor. The "Archea cave".

Eventually she will arrive there, expecting Archera to already be waiting for her there once she sneaks inside. Hopefully the kid hadn't come home yet, it would be awkward trying to explain the armor she was wearing...

[MERC office]

Korrina will be lead into the office of Dena Xifhara. She might recall that Vax had a meeting with her a while ago where the gorgon purshased the fourth tower's services. She even paid them extra due to some "missunderstanding".

Dena sits casually leaned back in her chair behind her desk, raising an eyebrow as Korrina enters. She dimissies the other MERC-members with a wave. "I'll talk to her alone please." The gorgon then gestures at the armchair before her desk. "Korrina was it? Please have a seat. Anything you need, I got some water or... soda."

12. - Top - End - #282
    Pixie in the Playground

[Feast for the Eyes]

"I don't normally like books with maps in them," Seraphina repeats, except this time without the qualifier.

So, back to the important part of the conversation.
    Seraphina looks at the VR interface. "Yeah, I can see it too. Looks pretty basic, which is good."
    She looks around it for the time button and the skip ahead button.
    "Yeah." She pushes the button to skip forward. "Here."
    [Feast for the Eyes]

Karasu just rolls her eyes.

Back to the important stuff, indeed! Once they both push the button, it skips forward to the next day. Meanwhile, Karasu guides the two to land in an alley close by. "This is when she sneaks out." Karasu sounds like she's having fun.

Sure enough, the redhead comes out of the office looking around as she tries to slink away without being seen. First order of business: going home. "Ok, now we can interfere. Should see what happens if we try, just in case. Could be something interesting!" On cue, the redhead tries to pass the alley and stumbles on them both. Karasu's eyes seem to freak her out. "Don't hurt me?"

"It worked! Hi, we're out-of-towners." Karasu responds, as the redhead turns to stare at Seraphina. "Whuh... doppelganger..." They could be mistaken for sisters, with Seraphina the more androgynous one. "You're here to kill me and take my place!" She says, scared.

Was this a good idea, Karasu?
    Love is the message.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

By the time Irena arrives at the manor, Nadia is in regular clothing. She's holding the baby with a bottle. Apparently she stopped by a store on her way back somehow? She still smells like the sewer, but some things take priority.

She was watching the door when Irena enters and her whole body seems to relax. "Oh thank god. You didn't run into any trouble?" She moves toward her wife.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

[Unsuspecting Bookstore]

The custom tires of a bizarre motor vehicle stop with a squeal just outside of a small bookstore.

Great puffs of black smoke billow out from the vehicle's tailpipe as it comes to a sudden stop, the entire machine shuddering and groaning all the while.

It's not a particularly pleasant thing, the van parked just outside. The vehicle's component parts fit it poorly, its haphazard construction apparent in an instant, for bits and pieces of its crumbling chassis clatter off as it comes to a standstill. Were it's hastily put together chassis not enough to put onlookers on edge, the owner of the van further asserted its nature as an affront to good taste by having every inch of its exterior painted in garish colors.

Currently, a somewhat hideous design was painted upon the van: that of a human head orbiting an alien planet.

--

After a moment or so, a man clambers through the passenger door.

He clumsily adjusts the collar of the large white coat he wears before patting one of it's large pockets.

"Ah, good - still there." thought the man to himself, allowing a lopsided grin to form on his face. It wouldn't do well to leave the laboratory without his trusty thermos! Dr. Valiance takes a deep breath before sucking in his somewhat prodigious gut. Then, he barges on into the bookstore, a determined expression upon his bearded face.

Immediately, he'll head towards the front desk.

Spoiler: Dr. Valiance
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

The Third Circle

The shop is very warm and made mostly of wood. Gray carpet covers the floor and the occasional red tapestry hangs from the walls rather than any pictures or paintings. Books stuff the shelves which extend back just a bit farther than you think they should from the building's profile.

Sitting at the desk is a small dog-like imp in a formal collared shirt. Spectacles perch impossibly on his furry muzzle. As the man enters the imp looks up from the heavy tome he's reading and waves.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

The Third Circle

Almost immediately, Dr. Valiance grows uncomfortable.

This place was far too warm for him, and in moments, he felt himself starting to sweat.

With a slight frown, Val slaps his gloved hands down upon the counter before offering a wide grin to the collared imp. "Hey there, buddy - old pal of mine." The doctor immediately wipes a somewhat outrageous amount of sweat from his brow before wiping it on the counter. "I'm looking for something specific, and you look like the kind of funky fellow who knows just what a guy needs, yeah?" Val chuckles a little at himself, raising a brow as he got a better look at the dog-like imp before him. At this point, he wasn't surprised by the various oddities of this world.

"So, what I'm saying is, uhh - you got anything on, you know, meditation? Some fung schwayyy type stuff?" Judging by his mispronunciation of the term, Val wasn't particularly familiar with what he was after.

"Just, you know, trying to be my best self and all, brother."

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

The Third Circle

The imp looks up at him and waves a hand. Instantly the temperature of the shop lowers dramatically.
    Well, it lowers directly around his customer. He won't notice the distinction.
    "Self help is aisle 7 on the left, Sir." the imp says, clicking his hooves on the desk. What an irritating man.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

The Third Circle

Dr. Valiance nods excitedly. Did it just get cooler in here?

Ah, things were really starting to look up here. This must have been some kind of sign.

With a smile, he starts to lean forward on the counter, narrowing his eyes as he glances towards the imp. "Listen, you know. I'm not the sort of person who like, needs this stuff, usually. It's more academic than anything, you dig? Like. Just seeing what's out there." At that he gestures wildly with his arms, his bloodshot blue eyes bulging outwards slightly. He's very animated.

After a second he settles back down onto the counter. "Um, but yeah - never done this. You got any recommendations? You look like a smart guy. Real zen-like and such." He winks.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

The Third Circle

The imp stares up at Val, folding his wings around him like a cloak.
    "Alas, I do not. The thing about being crafted for a purpose is that I know what it is. It does do quite a bit to prevent mortal stress about one's life and existence." answers the imp.
    Though personally, he's fairly sure that if it was academic, this mortal would be looking for a different genre of reading material.

20. - Top - End - #290

[Feast for the Eyes]

Seraphina waits.
    She's not entirely sure what's going on.
    But they are stumbling right into everything. Even if they didn't want to interrupt, they're getting involved anyway.

Seraphina opens her mouth.
    Wait, doppelgangers?
    Why is that the first thing that comes to her mind? Are doppelgangers a thing that happen in this story? Seraphina looks at Karasu quizzically, hoping she can explain if this is weird or not.
    "Wh-what?" She looks back at the other redhead. "Just...just because we have the same color of hair doesn't mean I'm going to kill you!" she says, clearly not noticing that they look a lot more similar than just the hair. The last mirror Seraphina looked at was cursed to show a different reflection, so it's a little understandable once you know that context.
    She holds up her hands, palms forward to show she's not holding any kind of weapon or whatever. "We really are just from out of town!" She glances at Karasu again. C'mon, her gaze tries to plead, you know this story better and probably know everything about this girl and everybody else here, can't you say something that'll calm down this girl? Doesn't she ever get scared in the book?
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

"That this Branch in particular had it? That should have been just between us and the Head Office." Turge shakes his head, suggesting that's only half the story though before continuing. "That Life's Limit had been discovered and recovered by the Underhills, however? That made a few papers. Towards the back. Mostly just waves in the archaeology and academic field and waves is... probably overselling it because the sword didn't display any obvious major omens, portents, or powers. Ripples maybe? You really have to be an apocalypse in a container for front page news. Beyond that, I couldn't tell you who knew what and if they shouldn't have." He might be curator of this branch because of his doctorate in draconics, but he's still middle management in the corporate structure.

Noc nods, shrugging his shoulders.
    "We might as well get started with our interviews, then. The cameras are as good a place to begin as any."

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

"We could split up and cover different people," Fayyaad suggests. "Time is of the essence on this job, after all. What do you think?" he asks Noc.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

23. - Top - End - #293

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Suncrest Manor]

By the time Irena arrives at the manor, Nadia is in regular clothing. She's holding the baby with a bottle. Apparently she stopped by a store on her way back somehow? She still smells like the sewer, but some things take priority.

She was watching the door when Irena enters and her whole body seems to relax. "Oh thank god. You didn't run into any trouble?" She moves toward her wife.
    [Suncrest Manor]

Irena certainly isn't smelling any better. "Nope, easy as pie." She declares and sigh in relief as she can finally remove her visor along with the voice distorter inside of it. "I was wearing that for way too long." Irena takes a deep breath, her voice once more her own. Her blond hair a mess after being stuck in her helmet for that long. "Well, that was one hell of a thing, wasn't it? And you even managed to save a uh, child?" She gives the baby a skeptical look.

He or she (difficult to tell) seemed more lively now and like any baby they express this through cries, but feeding would take any priority to that of course.

24. - Top - End - #294

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Tetra narrows her eyes. This one is being vague and evasive. It's hard to tell why, though, because Tetra doesn't know a single damned thing about this stranger. Or, for that matter, this world. Why does this one need access to places? Who is she working for or against, and why? She doesn't seem to have any idea who Tetra is, at the very least.

"So long as you don't report this to the space men, I'm good," she answers, peering suspiciously into Anastasia's eyes, as if expecting to eventually pierce right through them with her stare, travel up her optic nerve, and dig through her temporary ally's cerebellum for the answers. It's a little intense, as I'm sure you can imagine. Not to mention how crazy she sounds talking about 'space men' of all things. What space men? Spaceside has been defunct for years.
    A Riverside Alley

"Uh, space men?" The kitsune blinks, clearly rather confused. "E-er, sure, I- I won't mention it to any." She squirms a little under the intense ocular assessment, clearly not very comfortable with the amount of focus being put on her. It might be enough to provoke further suspicion from Tetra - but in truth, Anastasia really just doesn't being made the center of attention like this. The limelight is scary, especially when its not very positive and coming from some enigmatic stranger.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

[MERC office]

Korrina will be lead into the office of Dena Xifhara. She might recall that Vax had a meeting with her a while ago where the gorgon purshased the fourth tower's services. She even paid them extra due to some "missunderstanding".

Dena sits casually leaned back in her chair behind her desk, raising an eyebrow as Korrina enters. She dimissies the other MERC-members with a wave. "I'll talk to her alone please." The gorgon then gestures at the armchair before her desk. "Korrina was it? Please have a seat. Anything you need, I got some water or... soda."
    [MERC Office]

Korrina takes the seat, with an unfortunate lack of grace. What else can anyone expect, though? She is very pregnant. There's a reason she was accompanied by a spirit earlier. She's keeping a low profile now, though. "Water is fine." She settles into the seat and folders her hands over her belly. She looks at Dena's sunglasses and swallows her discomfort.

"I assume this office still accepts contract work? It's not just an outlet for law enforcement?" She raises her eyebrows.

[Suncrest Manor]

Irena certainly isn't smelling any better. "Nope, easy as pie." She declares and sigh in relief as she can finally remove her visor along with the voice distorter inside of it. "I was wearing that for way too long." Irena takes a deep breath, her voice once more her own. Her blond hair a mess after being stuck in her helmet for that long. "Well, that was one hell of a thing, wasn't it? And you even managed to save a uh, child?" She gives the baby a skeptical look.

He or she (difficult to tell) seemed more lively now and like any baby they express this through cries, but feeding would take any priority to that of course.
    [Suncrest Manor]

"Yes..." She looks down at the baby, uncertainty across her face. "I kind of panicked after I got out. All I could really think is that they needed to eat. Who knows how long they were down there."

26. - Top - End - #296
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [Feast for the Eyes]

Seraphina waits.
    She's not entirely sure what's going on.
    But they are stumbling right into everything. Even if they didn't want to interrupt, they're getting involved anyway.

Seraphina opens her mouth.
    Wait, doppelgangers?
    Why is that the first thing that comes to her mind? Are doppelgangers a thing that happen in this story? Seraphina looks at Karasu quizzically, hoping she can explain if this is weird or not.
    "Wh-what?" She looks back at the other redhead. "Just...just because we have the same color of hair doesn't mean I'm going to kill you!" she says, clearly not noticing that they look a lot more similar than just the hair. The last mirror Seraphina looked at was cursed to show a different reflection, so it's a little understandable once you know that context.
    She holds up her hands, palms forward to show she's not holding any kind of weapon or whatever. "We really are just from out of town!" She glances at Karasu again. C'mon, her gaze tries to plead, you know this story better and probably know everything about this girl and everybody else here, can't you say something that'll calm down this girl? Doesn't she ever get scared in the book?

[Feast for the Eyes]

"Wh-what? We look so much more similar than just the hair!" The woman responds, not knowing the context at all. That denial only serves to agitate her, though she looks a bit unsure once Seraphina shows she's unarmed. "M-Maybe you don't n-need weapons, but I can scream!"

"What if your scream gets us killed, and we turn out innocent?" Karasu simply says, and the woman stops in her tracks, eyes wide. "W-Why did you say it like that..." She murmurs as she considers the words. "Look, I-"

"We can protect you. Right?" Karasu cuts her off, glancing at Seraphina once more, and Red seems to consider it. "Well, you do do seem to be out-of-towners, and don't seem to be malevolent... if you try anything funny, I'll scream!"

Karasu glances at Seraphina again as she nods and promises that nothing funny will be tried.
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2021-04-18 at 10:11 PM.
    Love is the message.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

"We could split up and cover different people," Fayyaad suggests. "Time is of the essence on this job, after all. What do you think?" he asks Noc.

"Why don't you head for the security room, then, while I take a look at the crime scene. Maybe I can shed a little bit of magical light on things."

28. - Top - End - #298

[MERC Office]

Dena nods as she takes and opens a bottle of water and pours it into a glass which she then walks over to hand to Korrina. "Yep, they're not paying us that much." Her movements are particularly calm and deliberate, her snakes resting calmly on her head, as she didn't want to provoke her visitor any further.
    She sits down and folds her hands together on the desk. "But it of course depends on what you want to hire us for."

[Suncrest Manor]

It should be noted that the baby is actually wearing a suspiciously new and modern diaper (hence why their gender isn't immidiately obvious). Nadia as a mother can tell that it's of a local brand so it was likely aquired within Riverside and that it must have been changed recently.
    "Looks like someone has taken care of it at least." Irena remarks while she's still staring at the baby. "Surely it can't have been those rat-creatures, right...? Any baby they took care of I'm not sure I want anything to do with. They were creepy as ****, and they were just killing themselves. Definitely something more going on."

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

"You're of more use on the crime scene than I am, that's true. I'll see what the people in the security room can tell me. Maybe find out what happened to the security footage."

Unless Noc has more to add, Fayyaad heads out to do just that.

30. - Top - End - #300

[Feast for the Eyes]

Without weapons, what could Seraphina do, anyway? Kick her?

But! And! One point to 'knowing the book'. Seraphina sees that that worked. Something like that must have happened in that woman's backstory, so...well, she's glaf it worked. Meanwhile, she doesn't add anything to that in case it's the wrong thing.

"Yeah, probably...I mean, I'm not that strong but she's pretty strong," Seraphina tells the woman. "I won't do anything weird, promise."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.