New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 21: Older than Arkh

[Moth Park]

Eliseo blinks. Oh boy. "Pretty sure you mentioned my imprisonment by my moms first." He adds. He looks at Ana and gives her an almost apologetic shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Abandoned Village]

"But... I captured one of the creeps behind all this!" Irena insists to Archera as they have to head out the same way as Fade and Amalungak and thus can see the formers argument with Ruby.
    "Shouldn't we like, arrest him or something?" Irena wasn't sure who these people were, but she wasn't actually sure if they were trustworthy or not. She certainly didn't trust the law enforcement in the city and they might be working directly for MERC or something, which was yet another Malechenar puppet in her book.

Meanwhile, Jaahlyn shrugs at Holly's argument. "Fey are more interested in... storylines, ah, narratives I guess you can call it. As they say, there are few things that can stand in the way of a good story. Can't tell you if it will work though. But it might not be the end act." She looks to the dead rat king for a moment.

"Erm, anyway, I can you lead you right out miss." The satyr gestures at the others. "But what about those? Don't they need to get out too?"
    [Abandoned Village]

"You do what you need to do, but I need to leave now. I don't know how well this baby is and I can't waste any time." Archera states firmly. She has a clear priority here, and she won't be swayed from it. In fact, if Irena is going to go her own way, Archera will expedite her exit.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Eastside Park]

An alien or a deity? "But why would being an alien make them any different? Isn't literally everyone here aliens or deity or something?" she asks...whoops, keep on eating, stop talking.

Seraphina glances at the game but doesn't let that stop her from eating.
    Chew chew chew.
    Swallow swallow swallow.
    Nom nom nom.

She's pretty much done, and puts down her silverware, and folds together her trashstuff. "What game's that?" she asks. "Also I like strategy ones better than fighting ones."
    [Eastside Park]

"Guess I totally seem like one of those, huh? Different world, different colour sclera, powers..." She pauses to think about it a little. "Can assure you though, I'm not a deity." She finishes with a shrug.

She finishes up once she sees that her new acquaintance is done eating. "King of Fighters Mobile." She answers immediately upon being asked what game it is. "Don't mind strategy games, but I prefer fighters. Or stealth." She adds, rising up to her feet. "What strategy games do you play?"

"Let's try that-a-way." She points down the street in one direction, then pauses to think a little. "Know where I can find a map?" And then it hits her, and her eyes widen in realization. "Bookstore! Let's find a bookstore, first. Natalie likes books... might have a map, too... assuming anywhere in the Nexus is even mappable."
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Eastside Park]

"Obviously you're not a deity, but, like..." Seraphina shrugs, and says, "I mean, some people might see you as one."

"Um, like...I kinda like the real-time tower defense-like ones, y'know?" she answers. "But also the turn-based ones are pretty alright too."

She walks in that direction, and - when they find a trashcan - goes only slightly out of her way to dump the trash. She opens her mouth to answer, but. "Yeah, a bookstore. Books are always nice, they can have everything. I haven't really gone to a bookstore in a while, but romance books are pretty good. Last time I went to one, that's what I got."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #154

[Moth Park]

"Ya' totally did!" Hekta is quick to insist as she is turns to Ana. "But what, ya'reall escaping from them then? Since I know places where they'd never find you. Not in a billion years!" She claims with a confident grin.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

[Abandoned Village]

"This is outrageous," Amalungak says as he's led. "You have no right to treat me like this."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #156

Moth Park

"W-what?! No! No one's escaping from anybody! Just, y'know, sneaking out from time to time, not, like, getting him emancipated." That's what it's called when a court lets you be considered free of parental rule, right? I mean, maybe it's not the most apt descriptor of what Hekta's describing, but it certainly sounds a bit more dramatic than "running away".

The fur on Anastasia's tail seems to bristle a little until she looks over at Eliseo, hesitating on what she says next. "U-um, maybe we should go somewhere else." As ticked off as Hekta's starting to make her, she's still a little too shy to insist Eliseo leave with her.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Northside - Museum]

Fayyaad looks up from the notes he was given and blinks as he regards Cass, visibly surprised.

"Cassandra. You're looking different. And your contacts are likely to be of use today, from what I've been reading here."
    [Northside - Museum]

"Heh." Says Cass, suddenly seeming very sheepish and unsteady. "Not too much of a problem, I hope."

Cass pauses for a moment, then nods their head at the museum entrance. "It's just a necessary precaution for the work, that's all. Some of my contacts are connected to some very dangerous people," she says, hurriedly. "The less knowledge they have of me, that can traced back to me, personally, the safer, hence, disguise."

"We should go inside and talk to them, anyway. After you?" He asks, his voice shifting slightly, flattening in tone and losing some of its previous lilt as he squares his shoulders, sliding into a new posture like a well-fitted jacket.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2021-02-07 at 02:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

[Northside - Museum]

"Not at all. You look good." Fayyaad watches Cass over more carefully. "Handsome and dashing, I would say. But yes, let us go. What name should I refer to you by?" He asks as he heads towards the entrance.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Pixie in the Playground

[Eastside Park]

"Obviously you're not a deity, but, like..." Seraphina shrugs, and says, "I mean, some people might see you as one."

"Um, like...I kinda like the real-time tower defense-like ones, y'know?" she answers. "But also the turn-based ones are pretty alright too."

She walks in that direction, and - when they find a trashcan - goes only slightly out of her way to dump the trash. She opens her mouth to answer, but. "Yeah, a bookstore. Books are always nice, they can have everything. I haven't really gone to a bookstore in a while, but romance books are pretty good. Last time I went to one, that's what I got."
    [Eastside Park]

Karasu rolls her eyes. "Yeah, sure: 'all hail Karasu, goddess of ink! All writers everywhere owe their allegiance to her!', right?" She pauses to think it over a little bit. "Lawd, now I can see some Nexusians doing just that." She cringes at the thought. "Don't wanna be worshipped. Don't much like the spotlight, personally."

"Which ones do you like, specifically?" She asks on the topic of games, which obviously interests her. "Ever played Clash Royale? Think you might like it, I do."

"Girlfriend likes sci-fi. Me? More into urban fantasy. I like a good romance too, though." She says as they approach a bookstore called 'Feasts for the Eyes', one which has a teenaged catgirl with red hair and orange fur standing outside. She looks a bit worried, but upon seeing the two approach, starts looking hopeful. "Hello and welcome to Feasts for the Eyes. We're a bookstore, will you like to peruse our wares? I'm Maya, by the way!"
    Love is the message.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

[Underhill Draconic Branch Museum]

The orc curator Turge Vetorkag will greet the two mercenaries at the door, unlocking it to let them in only after he goes through the rigorous process of insisting to see their licenses. His museum did just get robbed. Unfortunately any talent he might possess in analyzing art is lost in translation when it comes to being a bouncer so he couldn't actually tell even if they used fakes.

He'll usher them inside to the lobby. A nice place with a centered reception area/help desk. It's not manned right now, being after hours. There's also pamphlets near the entrance and helpful signs plastered on the wall like 'No Running' and 'Smile, You're Being Recorded'.

Coming out of one of the branching hallways the museum has connecting to the lobby is a kobold in a security outfit. Tall for his race perhaps, but still smaller than any of the three. It doesn't look like he intended to step out right then because the look on his face suggests he wants to immediately turn around, but it's too late. He's been spotted.

"Vreig!" Turge calls to him. "Go tell the others MERC is here. I want them to have full cooperation! Anywhere they want to go, they can, got it?"

Vreig nods in a hurry. "On it boss." He seems relieved to be allowed to be somewhere else, if just for moment and Turge's immediate scowl at him sends him scurrying back into the hall. Despite Vreig complying immediately, the curator's displeasure seems to linger.

Turning back to the duo, he motions to them. "My office is right around the corner. We'll get you some keys," Turge suggests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #161

[Eastside Park]

Seraphina laughs at the hereticism.
    "I kinda like the spotlight," she replies.

Seraphina shakes her head to answer that 'no' she had never heard of that game.
    She walks into the bookshop, says 'hi, nice to meet you' to the book salesman, and starts looking through the shelves for anything that stands out and looks interesting. "Specifically, I suppose, I like all of them? If you know what I mean. There's this one that's, like, you choose your team and their abilities at the start and place them as the enemies are trying to get through, and there's this other one where it's turn-based, and things like elevation matter? And your guys level up by doing missions and you just have to live with your choices. And! There's this other one where, like, half your guys are dragons that you can only give general commands to and you can control the other half, and attacks affect the environment, y'know? Oh! And there's also a space one where sometimes you control a ship and sometimes you control a fleet and the stealth missions are so hard and there's permadeath and maneuvering in 3D is so hard." She pulls a book off the shelf. "Hey, what about this one? Looks like a Regency Romance."

[
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

[Moth Park]

"Ya' totally did!" Hekta is quick to insist as she is turns to Ana. "But what, ya'reall escaping from them then? Since I know places where they'd never find you. Not in a billion years!" She claims with a confident grin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Moth Park

"W-what?! No! No one's escaping from anybody! Just, y'know, sneaking out from time to time, not, like, getting him emancipated." That's what it's called when a court lets you be considered free of parental rule, right? I mean, maybe it's not the most apt descriptor of what Hekta's describing, but it certainly sounds a bit more dramatic than "running away".

The fur on Anastasia's tail seems to bristle a little until she looks over at Eliseo, hesitating on what she says next. "U-um, maybe we should go somewhere else." As ticked off as Hekta's starting to make her, she's still a little too shy to insist Eliseo leave with her.
    [Moth Park]

"Well I'll let you know if my moms ever totally snap and I need to go on the run, but right now I'm good." Eliseo looks at Ana, and then back to Hekta. "But me and Ana were gonna go for a walk together, so I'm gonna have to catch you another time, kay?"

13. - Top - End - #163

[Moth Park]

"A walk? To where? Ey' could show ya' around if ya' want. No one knows these streets better than me." Hekta insists, clearly these two noobs could get lost if they were just walking around in the city. Didn't they know how dangerous it could be?

[Abandoned Village]

"...****." Irena swears under her breath. "You head out first then and we'll meet up at that werehouse, or back at the Archera-cave if there's people there." Which was Irena's code-word for Suncrest manor.

Then she will walk over to Fade, Amalungak and Ruby. "You should send that guy straight to jail. He's a servant to that monster we just killed. Probably helped it spread those rats." She has no idea if any of this is true, but he was here and he looked suspicious and that's all the proof Irena needed!

Meanwhile, Holly finally gets through to Dena. "Holly? Please tell me everything worked out." She can hear the gorgons voice through her communicator.

Jaahlyn nods to her. "Well, if anyone need my aid. I am here to assist." The satyr looks to Amalungak and he might feel an odd presence poking at his mind as she stares at him. A feeling not too different from when the Rat King was speaking to him. There are no words communicated this time however, just a feeling that he might be watched in more than one sense.

[Expedition: Fishbowl]

"Korrina, did you know that I worked as a beachguard while I lived here? I'm honestly not sure why I was assigned to do it, besides my obvious swimming skills, but it was pretty fun. Vax even took some pictures, do you want to see?" Zhareen brings up her cellphone and holds it up in front of Korrina as they're walking down the streets of the city.
    Zhareen have requested them keeping a low profile, but she's going to stand out like a sore thumb in Riverside so what that really means is just keeping to alleys instead of going down the main roads.

She is quite enthusiastic about this however. Her plan is, apparently:

1. Go to MERC
    2. Convince them to not turn them over to Malechenar
    3. Inqure what they found out about the rat plague (as they apparently stopped it)
    4. ???
    5. Leave the city
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2021-02-09 at 05:56 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

Abandoned Village

"I could do with assistance. I don't know how I got down here." Flicker zips over to Jaahlyn, both hands filled with the tails severed from rats.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

15. - Top - End - #165
    Pixie in the Playground

[Eastside Park]

Seraphina laughs at the hereticism.
    "I kinda like the spotlight," she replies.

Seraphina shakes her head to answer that 'no' she had never heard of that game.
    She walks into the bookshop, says 'hi, nice to meet you' to the book salesman, and starts looking through the shelves for anything that stands out and looks interesting. "Specifically, I suppose, I like all of them? If you know what I mean. There's this one that's, like, you choose your team and their abilities at the start and place them as the enemies are trying to get through, and there's this other one where it's turn-based, and things like elevation matter? And your guys level up by doing missions and you just have to live with your choices. And! There's this other one where, like, half your guys are dragons that you can only give general commands to and you can control the other half, and attacks affect the environment, y'know? Oh! And there's also a space one where sometimes you control a ship and sometimes you control a fleet and the stealth missions are so hard and there's permadeath and maneuvering in 3D is so hard." She pulls a book off the shelf. "Hey, what about this one? Looks like a Regency Romance."
    [Eastside Park]

Karasu smiles, finding Seraphina's laugh quite jolly. She looks at her as she admits to liking the spotlight. "Really... figured the opposite, 'cause of the hood... but then you seem quite extroverted." She concludes. "'Course, fun to be recognized for one's efforts, though."

The bookshop looks mostly standard, with shelves and wall-shelves filled with books, signs depicting what aisle and/or area contain what genre of book. They seem to sell mostly fiction books. The nonstandard design of the bookstore comes from the fact that it appears to have been a former cinema that's been converted into a bookstore.

The book salesman remains outside, and waiting inside to attend to them is what is presumably her mother, who much looks like an older version of the girl outside but with a different hairstyle and glasses. "Welcome to Feast For The Eyes!" She announces, then leaves them to talk.

"Like those ones you mentioned... like gaming in general, I do... just have preferences, but I'll play most anything. Turn-based one sounds like XCOM, though." She says, after listening to Seraphina talk about games she likes. She obviously likes this so much, seeing as she prattles on and on about it... not that Karasu minds one bit. "Clash Royale's a mobile one, where you choose a deck of troops to defend your tower while trying to destroy the other player's tower. Can only control placement of troops on your side. First to destroy the other's king tower wins. Should play it, you might like it very much. Maybe we could play sometime?"

Then Karasu notices that the proprietress of the store is looking at them with an unsure look on her face, so she points it out to Seraphina. "Regency Romance... will check that out, but first..." She points out the woman to Seraphina. "I'm... not good with people. Only friendly with you right off the bat because Zabb vouched for you. Usually abrasive... asocial. Could you... ask her why she's looking at us like that? You seem very good with people."
    Love is the message.

16. - Top - End - #166

Moth Park

"I, um - I think I know where we're going pretty well," Anastasia tries to cover, moving to retrieve her zweihander and bind it in its protective wrappings. She wouldn't really guess that Hekta's looking out for their safety here - hell, she seems more likely to bring about danger than prevent it.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

[Moth Park]

"A walk? To where? Ey' could show ya' around if ya' want. No one knows these streets better than me." Hekta insists, clearly these two noobs could get lost if they were just walking around in the city. Didn't they know how dangerous it could be?
    Moth Park

"I, um - I think I know where we're going pretty well," Anastasia tries to cover, moving to retrieve her zweihander and bind it in its protective wrappings. She wouldn't really guess that Hekta's looking out for their safety here - hell, she seems more likely to bring about danger than prevent it.
    [Moth Park]

Eliseo gives her a flat look. "We're gonna walk somewhere we can swap spit. I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you don't wanna watch." He raises his eyebrows at her, as if daring her to challenge him on that.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Expedition Fishbowl

Unlike his companions, Eon could fit in quite well in Riverside. But he's traveling with them, so he stands out by association. The old prophet clutches his cloak around him against the cold with one hand and uses his walking stick with the other, but honestly, he feels like a bit of a third wheel here.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #169
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Abandoned Village]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Fade, as usual, doesn't seem to mind it in any way. At least no mimic can be seen and his voice is cold as allways.
    "If you say so." he replies. "I assume he's either a witness or something else. In any case I get him to MERC. There will be questions he needs to answer."

He will then head for were Jaahlyn and Holly are, taking Amalungak along.

"Can you lead us back to the surface?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "This is outrageous," Amalungak says as he's led. "You have no right to treat me like this."
    "...****." Irena swears under her breath. "You head out first then and we'll meet up at that werehouse, or back at the Archera-cave if there's people there." Which was Irena's code-word for Suncrest manor.

Then she will walk over to Fade, Amalungak and Ruby. "You should send that guy straight to jail. He's a servant to that monster we just killed. Probably helped it spread those rats." She has no idea if any of this is true, but he was here and he looked suspicious and that's all the proof Irena needed!
    The disease is already getting to Ruby, sending her on flights of imagination. Oh, great. More dealing with Jaahlyn. She's obviously part of the rat problem. Could she have masterminded this whole plague as part of a family dispute? That would be just like the tricksy fae, wouldn't it?
    But with what Irena just said, there's no way she can let Amalungak go just yet. Leave it in MERC's hands? They missed the hidden tunnel - because they were part of the rat conspiracy? All except Holly, working against her corrupt superiors, perhaps?! She stomps over after the prisoner.
    "Actually, I think you'll find I have the right to do any thing necessary to deal with the rats."
    "Why don't you tell us what all you found about the rat king?"

She tries to loom threateningly near the man, but being tired and uncoordinated as she is, I doubt it works well.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2021-02-10 at 01:29 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #170

[Moth Park]

Hekta's eyes widens, then she bursts out laughing. "Ey' knew it!" She will then pat Eliseo on the shoulder while grinning widely. "Good luck to ya' then. Just don't switch too much spittle, ya'll get sick."

She gives Ana a claws up.

21. - Top - End - #171

Moth Park

Eliseo might hear a clatter behind him as he catches Anastasia off-guard, and she fumbles and nearly drops her sword. ”U-um, thanks?” is all she can manage to reply with, blushing once again.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

[Moth Park]

Eliseo shakes her head, but gives Hekta a wave as he moves to guide Ana's arm and guide her away. "You alright?" He asks as they head away from the other girl.

[Abandoned Village]

Meanwhile, Holly finally gets through to Dena. "Holly? Please tell me everything worked out." She can hear the gorgons voice through her communicator.

Jaahlyn nods to her. "Well, if anyone need my aid. I am here to assist." The satyr looks to Amalungak and he might feel an odd presence poking at his mind as she stares at him. A feeling not too different from when the Rat King was speaking to him. There are no words communicated this time however, just a feeling that he might be watched in more than one sense.
    [Abandoned Village => Out]

Archera wastes no time in following the tunnel out. She moves quickly and has no plans of stopping. Is there anything stopping her from getting out?

"Korrina, did you know that I worked as a beachguard while I lived here? I'm honestly not sure why I was assigned to do it, besides my obvious swimming skills, but it was pretty fun. Vax even took some pictures, do you want to see?" Zhareen brings up her cellphone and holds it up in front of Korrina as they're walking down the streets of the city.
    Zhareen have requested them keeping a low profile, but she's going to stand out like a sore thumb in Riverside so what that really means is just keeping to alleys instead of going down the main roads.

She is quite enthusiastic about this however. Her plan is, apparently:

1. Go to MERC
    2. Convince them to not turn them over to Malechenar
    3. Inqure what they found out about the rat plague (as they apparently stopped it)
    4. ???
    5. Leave the city
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Expedition Fishbowl

Unlike his companions, Eon could fit in quite well in Riverside. But he's traveling with them, so he stands out by association. The old prophet clutches his cloak around him against the cold with one hand and uses his walking stick with the other, but honestly, he feels like a bit of a third wheel here.

Korrina looks at the picture and raises her eyebrows. Well, that's quite a look. More daring than she'd expect. "Very nice." She comments uncertainly. "But anyway, are you certain going to Merc is really a good plan? We must be able to find a better source of information."

23. - Top - End - #173

Moth Park

”Er, y-yeah, sorry. I just- she’s uh, a lot of energy. Think I need a heads-up next time,” Ana tries to joke as she manages to center herself. She didn’t do well with feeling overwhelmed, and Hekta’s unrelenting intrusiveness made her feel like she was on the back foot for most of the conversation. This return to relative peace was a welcome shift - and Eliseo’s concern too, she notes, realizing how he’s leading her along as the color in her cheeks turns from shock to something more warmer and heartfelt.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #174

[Abandoned Village]

There's too much going on at the same time! Holly can't reply to it all immediately!
    She looks at the communicator...it can wait a few moments while the people who are actually here present take priority.

She notices Amalungak being brought over here. "Oh! That's the guy I was following," she says. "It's how I came across you guys."
    But, before anyone can ask her follow-up questions, she steps away so that she can talk on the communicator with her probably-corrupt-superior-that-she-is-probably-secretly-working-against-which-is-probably-the-only-explanation-for-why-Holly-suddenly-disappears-without-a-trace-in-the-near-future.
    She, of course, steps away so that she can respond without bothering others. Y'know, like you do when you're talking on a phone or something.

"Oh! Yeah," Holly says over the communicator. "It looks like everything's over. Ton of people here, looks like everyone's arranging their own ways back out of here. Ruby and that guy you sent with her-" Fade "-are both right here next to me." Well, relatively close to her. Holly's player can't remember whether she actually learned Fade's name or not, but does know that he's been pretty good at hiding so she's just going to say she doesn't know his name.

[Eastside Park]

Actually, that part, getting recognized for one's efforts is pretty weird, Seraphina thinks. Not really a fan.
    "Oh, no, the hood's actually for..."
    She rolls her lips, chews on them for a bit, then finishes her sentence with, "something else entirely."

She, of course, gives the bookstore lady a nod or something.

"Ugh, a deck? No thanks," she says.
    Seraphina turns to look because Karasu's pointing, but then quickly realizes that she's pointing at a person and not a thing. She quickly turns away. "Probably it's because she doesn't know if we're actually going to buy something or not," Seraphina says. She turns away from the books she was looking at. "But...sure. Fine."

She leaves the books and walks over to the woman. "Hi," she says. "Can I ask about this store? Never seen a bookstore in a movie theater before. What made you want to turn it into a bookstore?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

[Abandoned Village]

Amalungak stares at Ruby defiantly. His mind is working quickly, seeking ways out of this situation, but little of it is betrayed by his face.

"I know nothing as much as anyone about this. It was some kind of mass of rats, controlled by something. I barely managed not to be eaten by this filth."

It seems he's just going to stonewall his interrogators and see how far they'll go to make him talk.

26. - Top - End - #176

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Abandoned Village]

The disease is already getting to Ruby, sending her on flights of imagination. Oh, great. More dealing with Jaahlyn. She's obviously part of the rat problem. Could she have masterminded this whole plague as part of a family dispute? That would be just like the tricksy fae, wouldn't it?
    But with what Irena just said, there's no way she can let Amalungak go just yet. Leave it in MERC's hands? They missed the hidden tunnel - because they were part of the rat conspiracy? All except Holly, working against her corrupt superiors, perhaps?! She stomps over after the prisoner.
    "Actually, I think you'll find I have the right to do any thing necessary to deal with the rats."
    "Why don't you tell us what all you found about the rat king?"

She tries to loom threateningly near the man, but being tired and uncoordinated as she is, I doubt it works well.
    [Abandoned Village]

When Irena aproches them Fade won't really react.

"I don't know why you suggest that, but I will make sure someone with the proper skills to find out will be on this one."

Then Ruby tries to question the guy and Amalungak replies in an unstatisfing way. Fade will put his hand on Amalungak shoulder, he might feel a little push towards the exit.

"There is plenty of time to remember what happened here." Then he turns to Ruby. "You need rest. I can carry you but we should go."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Moth Park

”Er, y-yeah, sorry. I just- she’s uh, a lot of energy. Think I need a heads-up next time,” Ana tries to joke as she manages to center herself. She didn’t do well with feeling overwhelmed, and Hekta’s unrelenting intrusiveness made her feel like she was on the back foot for most of the conversation. This return to relative peace was a welcome shift - and Eliseo’s concern too, she notes, realizing how he’s leading her along as the color in her cheeks turns from shock to something more warmer and heartfelt.
    [Moth Park]

"Yeah she's kinda weird. Not sure what her deal is or where she comes from, honestly. She's harmless, though." Eliseo remarks as they walk along. He looks around conspicuously. "So where do you wanna go?" He looks at her, eyebrows raised quizzically.

28. - Top - End - #178

Moth Park

"Well uh, maybe we could go find a bite to eat? I've been pretty hungry lately," Anastasia suggests, before looking over at him. "...unless you had anything in mind?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

[Moth Park]

"What? You didn't wanna find somewhere to make out?" He asks with a teasing wink and a grin.

30. - Top - End - #180

Moth Park

"I-I mean, I guess I wouldn't be opposed to it..." Anastasia flirts back with a coy little smile, as if she wasn't trying to lead Eliseo into that suggestion in the first place. If he's going to tease her with a statement like he'd made back there, she's at least going to get some mileage out of making him squirm from it.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show