New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: City of Llywyllynn

Vindariel sensed the shifting mood in the crowd and more reflexes of a long life in command took over:
    "Get the bloody impostor and ask him todays password, you daft apes. Do I have to do everything around here!"

Spoiler
    Show

Persuation roll to get my orders across - adding a superiority die for extra effect

(1d20)[4]+6 +(1d8)[6]

Last edited by Pyrophilios; 2021-02-04 at 01:09 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Gura Ganu-Gatho
    Shifter Druid
    AC: 18 HP: 55/67
    PP: 18 PIv: 10 PIs: 18
    Conditions: --
    Concentration: --

Gura lets out a frustrated and upset yell at the second explosion and the whole situation in general. With the other person on there saying to leave the healing to them, she just lets the explosion propel her forwards after the criminal. As she pats out the flames on her she pulls a handfull of blue wasps out from under her clothes and tosses them into the air. She commands them "Stop that person! Track by scent!" and then they suddenly grow until they're each larger than she is.

The wasps all fly over, but at some more direction only of them actually gets directly adjacent and then rest spread out sort of nearby but not all in one big cluster around them.

Spoiler
    Show

Moving

Casting Giant Insect to create 5 Giant Wasps. Let me know if they act immediately or I should roll initiative for them as a group or seperately or whatever. And also if they're going to be able to reach their target with 50 feet of movement.

Wasps dash.

Last edited by Ramsus; 2021-02-04 at 07:08 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Gura Ganu-Gatho
    Shifter Druid
    Concentration: --

Gura lets out a frustrated and upset yell at the second explosion and the whole situation in general. With the other person on there saying to leave the healing to them, she just lets the explosion propel her forwards after the criminal. As she pats out the flames on her she pulls a handfull of blue wasps out from under her clothes and tosses them into the air. She commands them "Stop that person! Track by scent!" and then they suddenly grow until they're each larger than she is.

Spoiler
    Show

Moving

Casting Giant Insect to create 5 Giant Wasps. Let me know if they act immediately or I should roll initiative for them as a group or seperately or whatever. And also if they're going to be able to reach their target with 50 feet of movement.

They act immediately after you do and yes they can reach the city guard man imposter and be in all squares around him if they double move.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Third round. The shape shifter makes a run for it trying to get a way. Dash movement 60' provoking AOO.
    Last edited by gryffydd65; 2021-02-04 at 09:44 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Evandur pushed his way through people, trying to move closer to the pandemonium, away from the church, so as to get a better grasp on the situation at hand. He looked around, hoping to notice anything that might be beneficial to understanding the situation at hand.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

(1d20+2)[20]

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Daelus Cantor
    Human Bard
    AC: 14 HP: 51/51
    PP: 16 PIv: 14 PIs: 13
    Conditions: -
    Concentration: -

Satisfied with his work, Daelus stows the healer's kit. Taking up his bandore again, Daelus plays a quick tune that gradually declerates Slow down, you pyrophile. You'll face us now, not in a while.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Casting Slow, Wis save DC 15

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

I for one support the Gnoman Empire.

Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Gura Ganu-Gatho
    Shifter Druid
    Concentration: Giant Insect (1/100)

Gura continues to chase after while instructing her wasps to stay on/surround the target's possible paths so they can't get away from them or take them all out at once.

Spoiler
    Show

Opportunity attack from Giant Wasp 1: (1d20+4)[9]
    damage: (1d6+2)[6] and DC 11 Con save for half of (3d6)[13] poison damage.
    If the poison damage reduces the target to 0 hit points, the target is stable but poisoned for 1 hour, even after regaining hit points, and is paralyzed while poisoned in this way.
    if crit: (1d6)[3]

Gura is just Dashing to keep up, pretty sure she's at least 30 feet or more behind.

Giant Wasps all have to Dash this round again. They attempt to do the following as well as possible: Position themselves so one is adjacent (in front of the direction the enemy is currently heading) and the rest are at four corners surrounding at 30 feet away so the enemy shouldn't be able to evade at least two of them even if dashing next round.

Last edited by Ramsus; 2021-02-05 at 01:19 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophilios View Post
    Vindariel sensed the shifting mood in the crowd and more reflexes of a long life in command took over:
    "Get the bloody impostor and ask him todays password, you daft apes. Do I have to do everything around here!"

Spoiler
    Show

Persuation roll to get my orders across - adding a superiority die for extra effect

[roll0]+6 +[roll1]

The common folk take notice of your yelling and point at the city guardsman with the arrows in his back.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarCowboy View Post
    Evandur pushed his way through people, trying to move closer to the pandemonium, away from the church, so as to get a better grasp on the situation at hand. He looked around, hoping to notice anything that might be beneficial to understanding the situation at hand.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

[roll0]
    he notices two bodies not moving and around three that are.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luccan View Post
    Daelus Cantor
    Human Bard

Satisfied with his work, Daelus stows the healer's kit. Taking up his bandore again, Daelus plays a quick tune that gradually declerates Slow down, you pyrophile. You'll face us now, not in a while.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Casting Slow, Wis save DC 15

Wisdom save against slow
    (1d20+1)[14]

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Shape shifter is slowed per the spell slow.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Gura Ganu-Gatho
    Shifter Druid

Gura continues to chase after while instructing her wasps to stay on/surround the target's possible paths so they can't get away from them or take them all out at once.

Spoiler
    Show

Opportunity attack from Giant Wasp 1: [roll0]
    damage: [roll1] and DC 11 Con save for half of [roll2] poison damage.
    If the poison damage reduces the target to 0 hit points, the target is stable but poisoned for 1 hour, even after regaining hit points, and is paralyzed while poisoned in this way.
    if crit: [roll3]

Gura is just Dashing to keep up, pretty sure she's at least 30 feet or more behind.

Giant Wasps all have to Dash this round again. They attempt to do the following as well as possible: Position themselves so one is adjacent (in front of the direction the enemy is currently heading) and the rest are at four corners surrounding at 30 feet away so the enemy shouldn't be able to evade at least two of them even if dashing next round.

the aoo of the wasp missed. Even with the slow spell in effect.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Davey runs forward to try and catch the assassin.

He teleported thirty feet and then moved fifteen, right? Then the dash action was good for sixty more?

That's a total of 105 feet away from Vindariel, and I'm going to assume Davey starts his turn right next to Vindariel, so also 105 feet away from the assassin.

Davey takes two Dash actions (spending a point of ki for that second one) to cover a total of 135 feet. I'm thirty feet in front of the assassin now. Monks are awesome.

"'Sup, ****bird?" Davey asks the assassin.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2021-02-05 at 05:26 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Vindariel closed in with what pace he could spare, all the while continuing to fire his bow at the fleeing man.
    "Shooting a fleeing man in the back... Ah that brings back memories."

Spoiler
    Show

Moving 30 ft closer and continuing to shoot.

(1d20)[17]+8, damage (1d8)[5]+5, if crit (1d8)[6]
    (1d20)[20]+8, damage (1d8)[8]+5, if crit (1d8)[4]

Should a superiority dice be necessary to hit with precise shot: (1d8)[1]

Well strike that - no need for those with those rolls.

(Dice remaining 4)

The old mercenary advanced while expertly arcing his shots at the distance, plunging another two arrows into his target.
    Last edited by Pyrophilios; 2021-02-06 at 03:46 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

The shape shifter collapses to the ground.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

"Make way, can't you see there's a man bleeding on the ground. I've got to get to him before it's too late."

Vindariel began to jog towards his downed target - now anxious to miss out on the loot.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Gura Ganu-Gatho
    Shifter Druid

Gura rushes over and commands the wasps to keep an eye out for any threats/suspicious people but otherwise stay in the air above reach. Once she actually reaches the shapeshifter, she checks them out and tries to make sure they won't die from their wounds so they can be questioned and imprisoned later.

Spoiler
    Show

Medicine to stabilize: (1d20+5)[18]

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Gura manages to stabilize the shape shifter as Vindariel acts like he is helping as he searches the body.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Daelus Cantor
    Human Bard

Daelus drags the unconscious councilor over to their living counterpart I don't suppose you could call some guards to carry this one somewhere safe?
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Davey snaps his fingers in exasperation with himself as he realizes what Vindariel's doing, and that Davey's probably missed the proverbial boat.

He looks around for a handy rope to tie their captive's hands with.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2021-02-08 at 01:15 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Vindariel knelt at the man's side, feeling his puls - and incidentally pocketing the small medallion around his neck. While the shark girl applied some bandages on the shifter's back, he helped by gripping the man to stabilize him - and to filch his purse as well as a piece of half torn scroll.

"You are quite handy with your bandages - ever thought about working in a free company?"

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

The city guards and the acolytes from the cathedral help move the injured and the dead into the church. On e of the council members who is not hurt comes over to Gura. Will it live? We need to know why it attacked us. As acting Council General, I am charging you and these two men to investigate. If you need anyone else's help, recruit them.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Davey comes over with some rope. "They don't look like they're missing anything important. Yet."

Davey pulls a ten foot length of hempen rope out of his bag. "Do you have anyone on your payroll who can cast Zone of Truth?"
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2021-02-09 at 01:52 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Gura Ganu-Gatho
    Shifter Druid

Gura laughs, practically a cackle, at Vindariel's suggestion and replies, "I'm the leading druid of the city, I'm not going to lower myself to being a killer for hire. And it'd mean I'd have to be away from father. Besides, what kind of life is that for a child? Shame on you sir!" the last part clearly just poking fun and she laughs some more.

To the acting council general she replies, "It'll live. Me? Um.... ok I guess that makes sense. We're the ones you can rule out being part of whatever this mess is. What's your name again? In case we need to let you know something." she gives a shrug and 0% deference for the man's authority, merely just agreeing the idea makes sense. She then looks back to the other person who helped with healing the councilors and points, "I'll take that guy too." At which point she tries to wave Daelus over so he can find out he's been drafted.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

"Nothing wrong with being a druid - or a child in a free army. Eggs and steaks everyday. Besides, there's a lot of folks out there that would be well served with a bit of killing now and then. Reduces the rate of recidivism somewhat sharp.
    Aye. Getting away from my father was one of the reasons I joined up back when."
    He smiled broadly.

He smiled even more when he found himself deputised. "Right you are good sir. Old Captain Vindariel Cosca will see to this right away."
    Last edited by Pyrophilios; 2021-02-09 at 01:26 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Daelus Cantor
    Human Bard

Daelus wanders over and looks at the bandaged and tied up chabgeling Not bad work there. What's this about work?
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by whiteflash View Post
    Davey comes over with some rope. "They don't look like they're missing anything important. Yet."

Davey pulls a ten foot length of hempen rope out of his bag. "Do you have anyone on your payroll who can cast Zone of Truth?"
    The council general looks at him . We have no one in the pay rolls. But some of our members are clerics who can help. Maybe you can ask at the Cathedral of Pelor.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Davey nods. "Sounds good."

Davey ties the target's hands and feet together. "Hey, shark girl? Do you think those bandages could work as a gag? Or should I try another length of hemp rope?"

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Gura Ganu-Gatho
    Shifter Druid

"Just use more rope, we don't know if they can make their mouth change shape too." Gura replies to Davey.

"I'm Gura Ganu-Gatho, head druid of the city. Council General there says you all work for me and we're going to be investigating this mess." she says once the whole group is assembled.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

"Works for me."

Davey pulls out a five foot length of rope, ties it to the malefactor's other rope restraints, and wraps it around the assassin's face (making sure it goes into their mouth) before tying the other end to the already-tied restraints.

When he's suddenly told he works for a 13 year old girl, Davey hesitates for a second, then shrugs. "Fine by me. Just as long as you pay well."

He turns to Vindariel. "Speaking of money, I promised you a drink, didn't I? Maybe we should wait until the fun's over, though."
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2021-02-09 at 08:22 PM.