New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default I greatly appreciate how polite this community is

I was on a completely unrelated internet forum this week and started a thread asking for some exercise advice. I immediately got flamed by two users for asking what they saw as dumb questions. I have a suspicion that the two users are the same guy with two accounts because the language seemed very similar and that he does this for kicks.

I was struck by how civilized things are on GITP compared to other forums. I don't know if it is the moderators or the users or what but thank you all for keeping things relatively polite, even when the discussion is something controversial like alignment.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: I greatly appreciate how polite this community is

Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgar View Post
    I was on a completely unrelated internet forum this week and started a thread asking for some exercise advice. I immediately got flamed by two users for asking what they saw as dumb questions. I have a suspicion that the two users are the same guy with two accounts because the language seemed very similar and that he does this for kicks.

I was struck by how civilized things are on GITP compared to other forums. I don't know if it is the moderators or the users or what but thank you all for keeping things relatively polite, even when the discussion is something controversial like alignment.
    I think most people on most forums are pretty civilized and friendly - it only takes 1 person posting abusively to lower the whole tone, so personally I put it down to the great work our moderators do keeping out the few who won't be civil allowing the rest of us to enjoy the friendly atmosphere.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Closed Account

Default Re: I greatly appreciate how polite this community is

I appreciate the discipline too.
    Which is weird since I'm mostly Chaotic.