New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Grrl Power VI: Stripping The Hero Doesnt Work

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Technically, if that WAS the intergalactic UN
    Eh, what other galaxy is involved?
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    Eh, what other galaxy is involved?
    Are we even sure they are a part of the milky way? If not thats two as soon as earth joins. Its left kinda vague. I know dabbler every now and then does an info dump, but I dont recall what she said about the alien community and how far spread it is. I mean, they travel through aetherium causeways or whatever, not normal space so for all we know its hopscotching through 10 quadrillion galactic clusters. But that aside, erhm, aside, did my last post make sense about why that could be trouble for earth in general and sydney specifically? Im sure that various arguments could be made. The earth team showed up on an alien world by accident, were attacked in short order with no attempt made to identify itself, and combat only ensued once fleeing was removed as a practical option. So in a rational society this would be a diplomatic oopsie that gets settled with a minimum of fuss. But im getting more and more certain that it wasnt the space UN which just means they have to deal with primitives using hyper advanced tech as an issue, and the secret alien killers of alaria are out there with scans of sydney and her orbs. And knowledge of who and where she is is about to become known to the galaxy at large.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #783

Thats it, Harem is forbidden to have any other specialty sodas. I love a good callback, its been a long time since the last one of these. Also yay for the big reveal.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #784
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Now, will Vehemence help fight this behemoth demon (assuming there will be a fight)? Or will he escape?
    And while I admit Dabbler is sexually adventurous, I cannot imagine how she could couple with someone whose pinky finger is larger than her entire body. That requires more than a special potion, I guess. So "boyfriend" may not be literal.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

5. - Top - End - #785
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    Now, will Vehemence help fight this behemoth demon (assuming there will be a fight)? Or will he escape?
    And while I admit Dabbler is sexually adventurous, I cannot imagine how she could couple with someone whose pinky finger is larger than her entire body. That requires more than a special potion, I guess. So "boyfriend" may not be literal.
    I imagine that the giant demon in question has access to some size manipulation magic for such purposes. That's a fairly standard setup.
    Now publishing a webnovel travelogue.

Resvier: a P6 homebrew setting

6. - Top - End - #786

Quote Originally Posted by Mechalich View Post
    I imagine that the giant demon in question has access to some size manipulation magic for such purposes. That's a fairly standard setup.
    Could just enjoy their roleplay sessions, get their jollies without, ahem, anything needing to expand or shrink an absurd amount. There are all sorts of fun times they could indulge in.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Troll in the Playground

There are a few possibilities, he might not always have been so large. He might have the ability go grow and shrink, Dabbler might have just bought a batch of gigantism potions. There are options.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    he might not always have been so large.
    He does seem to be much smaller in his first appearance.
    I made a webcomic, featuring absurdity, terrible art, and alleged morals.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleBison View Post
    He does seem to be much smaller in his first appearance.
    True, although that might just be Dave, I think we also saw him in school at one point as well in a joke flash back.
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Thats it, Harem is forbidden to have any other specialty sodas. I love a good callback, its been a long time since the last one of these. Also yay for the big reveal.
    I cant find the under-comic joke panel where Peggy stops harem from opening another can, and hands her a bland "Status Quola."

11. - Top - End - #791

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
    I cant find the under-comic joke panel where Peggy stops harem from opening another can, and hands her a bland "Status Quola."
    In the commentary under todays comment he posts links to the comics where the joke is made, link to 200 has the status cola in THAT comics comment section. :p

12. - Top - End - #792

SamuraiGuy

Dabbler banished Thothogoth and stole from him. That's going to make this an awkward reunion, I think.
    OK, so if Vehemence goes one-on-one with Thothogoth can he power up to Infinity and Beyond?

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.

13. - Top - End - #793

Dabbler banished Thothogoth and stole from him. That's going to make this an awkward reunion, I think.
    OK, so if Vehemence goes one-on-one with Thothogoth can he power up to Infinity and Beyond?
    Depends on how powerful he is. Size isnt everything after all. If this guy is some sort of high lord of hell nigh omnipotent being who can only be defeated through specific means or else he continues to grow stronger? Then yes. Of course, the real issue is, he just dumped most of his power and is now back to being an opponent for math and jabber.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Titan in the Playground

The look on Halo's face in the last panel...
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

The Worldbuilding Forum -- where realities are born.

15. - Top - End - #795

SamuraiGuy

Wait - career choices? Has Thothogoth (Tom) put becoming Dominus Secunde ahead of giving attention to the lovely & talented Xuriel? Also, size altering magic confirmed. Tom is making a dramatic entrance, Dabbler is unimpressed.

Furthermore, Maxima is unimpressed. I wonder if Tom is as tough as a Fel dropship?

Halo wants all the juicy details of the breakup.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Bugbear in the Playground

Given that we more or less know how the breakup ended up (with Dabbler banishing Tom), and Dabbler being more or less an adventurer (complete with a "thanks for all the loot" line), I'm going to say that possibly the 'arrangement' was more of an employment, and Tom's "career choices" were mostly whatever made him a valid mission target for an adventurer. Basically, Dabbler used to work for Tom in some capacity, Tom got a bounty on himself due to "career choices", Dabbler saw a good way to get out of her side of the arrangement while also scoring the bounty.
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

17. - Top - End - #797

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    Given that we more or less know how the breakup ended up (with Dabbler banishing Tom), and Dabbler being more or less an adventurer (complete with a "thanks for all the loot" line), I'm going to say that possibly the 'arrangement' was more of an employment, and Tom's "career choices" were mostly whatever made him a valid mission target for an adventurer. Basically, Dabbler used to work for Tom in some capacity, Tom got a bounty on himself due to "career choices", Dabbler saw a good way to get out of her side of the arrangement while also scoring the bounty.
    An employment arrangement between a demon and a succubus could have included romantic entanglements, too. I doubt they have sexual harassment laws in those jurisdictions. I think that's what Dabbler means by "It's complicated".

Maxima, OTOH, intends to enforce ArcSwat sexual harassment policies all over Tom's face if he doesn't chill.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

An employment arrangement between a demon and a succubus could have included romantic entanglements, too.
    Dabbler explicitly says they are not devils (is that implying they are demons? or aliens?)
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

They're all various types of aliens that just happen to correspond to Earthly depictions of demons/devils/succubi/etc. But I think what Dabbler is saying here is that since neither of them are devils, they're not forced to comply with 'pacts' and implying that is a trait inherent to the 'devil' alien race the way needing to boink for food is a trait of the 'succubus' race. Like, I dunno, an Elf trying to convince an Orc to pursue a blood feud when that's a cultural trait of Dwarves in their setting.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ettin in the Playground

I posted it elsewhere, but I would find it hilarious if "Tom" apologized to the local constabulary, provided his documentation, and proceeded to explain why Dabbler is the REAL villian here. And insisted on getting arbitration (Ariana) involved.

21. - Top - End - #801

SamuraiGuy

Dabbler explicitly says they are not devils (is that implying they are demons? or aliens?)
    I believe Dave has stated Dabbler identifies as Succubus but is 50% succubus, 33% demon, and 17% something else. Tom I think is a demon, although demons with formal hierarchies is non-D&D.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
    I posted it elsewhere, but I would find it hilarious if "Tom" apologized to the local constabulary, provided his documentation, and proceeded to explain why Dabbler is the REAL villian here. And insisted on getting arbitration (Ariana) involved.
    I would be very amused if his passport was not affected by the enlarge spell. Imagine those massive claws producing a standard 4" x 6" passport. And then arguing that Dabbler should be extradited to the Abyss to serve her sentence for various crimes.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I looked at her horrifically outdated cast bio because I didn't remember she had a last name, and it's 1/2 Succubus, 1/3 Doppleganger, and 1/6 Unknown apparently.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Troll in the Playground

I suspect it's a reference to the fact that Devils in DnD are Lawful, and therefore consider themselves bound by agreements and contracts, while demons are Chaotic, which means they very much aren't.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

24. - Top - End - #804
    Titan in the Playground

That poke may have been an error on his part.
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

The Worldbuilding Forum -- where realities are born.

25. - Top - End - #805

SamuraiGuy

Announcing your intention to conquer Earth by force, laughing derisively in Maxima's face, and then poking her dismissively as you threaten her - this guy is seriously overconfident.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Troll in the Playground

Honestly I hope when Max goes to take a swing that he clocks her good. It would actually be awful if some big wig Dominus Secunde badass just gets jobbed out for nothing.

27. - Top - End - #807

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Honestly I hope when Max goes to take a swing that he clocks her good. It would actually be awful if some big wig Dominus Secunde badass just gets jobbed out for nothing.
    Oh, I hope he can back it up. I want Vehemence to have to decide whose side he is on; that will be interesting. And I want to see what Dabbler can do. And of course, whose strip is it anyway? Halo has to save the day.

28. - Top - End - #808
    Ettin in the Playground

Announcing your intention to conquer Earth by force, laughing derisively in Maxima's face, and then poking her dismissively as you threaten her - this guy is seriously overconfident.
    I'm pretty sure he's still operating under the "weak to lightning" assumption Kevin was.

And that he has a few Vehemic Demons in his army.

And he isnt intending to stand there and take the hit like the fel supercarrier did.

29. - Top - End - #809
    Titan in the Playground

I'd love for the poke to be a deliberate taunt to Maxima. He was summoned to Earth with Vehemic energy right? And is provoking Maxima into providing him with more to widen/make the portal permanent.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah, I'm guessing this guy is at least as strong as powered-up Vehemence, and a mighty backhand can and will send Maxima flying, if only temporarily, which will allow the rest of the crew some show-time.

That and Dabbler was one of the people who can fight Max to a standstill, and while this guy might not necessarily be overall more powerful than Dabbler, he is much more focused in his strengths, and certainly also a powerful user of magic.
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!