New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1505
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Grrl Power VI: Stripping The Hero Doesnt Work

Her interactions with Maxima consistently dance along the line of being outright harassment. Dabbler is pretty much the poster child for toxically sex "positive".
    Well.. as such i think Maxima "what personal space?" Rex fully deserve her.
    Since in turn Max's reactions are often literally harrassment.

That aside. I honestly think the personal reactions to Dave is kinda hysterical
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    No, Dave. We didn't.
    I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that they are a race of malicious sexual predators presented as absolute monsters and *******s... despite acting the same way that Dabbler does all the time because Dave loves double standards.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Yeah, someone who reacts poorly to being sexually harassed just deserves to be harassed more. That sure straightened my thinking out. /s
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

The Worldbuilding Forum -- where realities are born.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Titan in the Playground

That aside. I honestly think the personal reactions to Dave is kinda hysterical
    Nobody deserves to be plagued by Dabbler. Seriously, I would despise her if I met her in real life. I find her arrogance and attitude disgusting. And I dearly wish that she'd get written out of the story.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, someone who reacts poorly to being sexually harassed just deserves to be harassed more. That sure straightened my thinking out.
    Indeed. When someone take advantage of being one of the most powerful beings on earth to bully others, then its only karmic justice if someone else teases them.

Nobody deserves to be plagued by Dabbler. Seriously, I would despise her if I met her in real life. I find her arrogance and attitude disgusting. And I dearly wish that she'd get written out of the story.
    When ignoring Max who she has a mutually antagonistic relationship with, then claims of her being arrogant is kinda exagerated.
    Just for a casual counter example, she has generally been helpful and instructive towards Sydney.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Titan in the Playground

Max being a bully is a... take.

And regardless, it doesn't justify Dabbler being a serial boundary-crosser with zero respect for other people's comfort or limits.

Dabbler is the poster child for being toxically "sex positive".
    Last edited by Max_Killjoy; 2021-11-23 at 03:51 PM.
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    And regardless, it doesn't justify Dabbler being a serial boundary-crosser with zero respect for other people's comfort or limits.

Dabbler is the poster child for being toxically "sex positive".
    Dabbler... is a succubus. A friendly succubus. No matter what variant of the species' backstory you try to use, all of those things would be absolutely natural.

If anything, Cora is probably worse. She has all of the same issues, minus the excuse of literally having it in her nature, plus the casual murder and destruction that I'd argue is a far worse habit than what Dabbler is doing.
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Titan in the Playground

When ignoring Max who she has a mutually antagonistic relationship with, then claims of her being arrogant is kinda exagerated.
    Just for a casual counter example, she has generally been helpful and instructive towards Sydney.
    Not really. Even if you ignore her interactions with Max (who is fully professional when people are professional. She's hardly a bully), she still sexually harasses people and acts incredibly toxic all the time. Max just has the least amount of patience for her BS and is willing to use force to get her to stop.

But besides Max we get her calling Sydney a prude, revealing a person's sexual fantasy for no reason and without permission, dropping a giant dildo at someone's feet just because, upstaging Harem's joke at a press conference, casting a lust spell on Sydney without explaining it was a lust spell, and probably a whole lot more stuff I'm not remembering off the top of my head.

EDIT: Hey, here's a nifty comic showing what I mean! Just the last panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    Dabbler... is a succubus. A friendly succubus. No matter what variant of the species' backstory you try to use, all of those things would be absolutely natural.

If anything, Cora is probably worse. She has all of the same issues, minus the excuse of literally having it in her nature, plus the casual murder and destruction that I'd argue is a far worse habit than what Dabbler is doing.
    On the contrary, look at how Decollete normally behaves. She's respectful of other people's feelings, even if she is very sex positive and seductive. Basically, yeah, she feels lust and has pride in her sexuality but she isn't a jerk about it. She knows other people have boundaries and doesn't push them just because she can.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2021-11-23 at 05:25 PM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Not really. Even if you ignore her interactions with Max (who is fully professional when people are professional. She's hardly a bully), she still sexually harasses people and acts incredibly toxic all the time. Max just has the least amount of patience for her BS and is willing to use force to get her to stop.

But besides Max we get her calling Sydney a prude, revealing a person's sexual fantasy for no reason and without permission, dropping a giant dildo at someone's feet just because, upstaging Harem's joke at a press conference, casting a lust spell on Sydney without explaining it was a lust spell, and probably a whole lot more stuff I'm not remembering off the top of my head.

EDIT: Hey, here's a nifty comic showing what I mean! Just the last panel.

On the contrary, look at how Decollete normally behaves. She's respectful of other people's feelings, even if she is very sex positive and seductive. Basically, yeah, she feels lust and has pride in her sexuality but she isn't a jerk about it. She knows other people have boundaries and doesn't push them just because she can.
    Because she is a high society type of succubus, dabbler is a rough and ready adventurer succubus. I do get your point however. but its a bit different as different behavior happens in different sections of society. You may remember way back during one of maximas flashbacks about active duty work where her squad was hanging out around a keg talking about how all this is classified and one of the dudes off camera is yelling "Thats why im not wearing pants!" or something to that effect. That kind of behavior is fine at a party for a bunch of barracks rats. Not so good for a bunch of high ranking officers at a soiree. Dabbler has clearly grow up and developed a lot of her personality hanging out at the sci fi equivalent of taverns and such for D&D groups to join up and go out to slay the whatevers for loot and glory. With plenty of bards seducing dragons, barbarians getting plastered and raging through walls, and cora unleashing her peener flensing gun on anything unfortunate enough to annoy her. A lot more lawless and rowdy of a situation in other words. That doesnt excuse her misbehaving so much for her new circumstances but it does explain it a bit better why she acts that way.

Also woohoo! Graduation day! And she has trouble as her middle name now! Dave jokes about the time to corporal but there is no telling how fast that will be as its common to bump specialized skill holding graduates up in rank rapidly to a point. I know that when I was in the air force I was going to be bumped like 2-3 ranks as soon as I finished my schooling for my career path. So about 6 months. And considering the types of skills sydney is bringing (more power than skills admittedly) it wouldnt surprise me to learn that her contract has her short listed for corporal once they finish all the incidental training they need to cram down her gullet.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Also woohoo! Graduation day! And she has trouble as her middle name now! Dave jokes about the time to corporal but there is no telling how fast that will be as its common to bump specialized skill holding graduates up in rank rapidly to a point. I know that when I was in the air force I was going to be bumped like 2-3 ranks as soon as I finished my schooling for my career path. So about 6 months. And considering the types of skills sydney is bringing (more power than skills admittedly) it wouldnt surprise me to learn that her contract has her short listed for corporal once they finish all the incidental training they need to cram down her gullet.
    Why are they wearing lance-corporal stripes?
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

11. - Top - End - #1031

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    Why are they wearing lance-corporal stripes?
    Army ranks one stripe as an e-2 or private.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Bugbear in the Playground

Back to Sydney, yay! Honestly don't care that much about Dabbler or succubi in general, so back to superheroing and mildly military antics (yeah, I know Dave does his research, at least to a point, but a more traditionally-disciplined unit would probably get in the way of the story a bit).
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

13. - Top - End - #1033

Can someone tell me who that was yelling in the audience? I THINK it might be two of harems bodies, one yelling, the other embarrassed by it.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ogre in the Playground

Can someone tell me who that was yelling in the audience? I THINK it might be two of harems bodies, one yelling, the other embarrassed by it.
    I'm pretty sure it's Sidney's parents - her dad shouting, her mom embarrassed.
    I made a webcomic, featuring absurdity, terrible art, and alleged morals.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleBison View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's Sidney's parents - her dad shouting, her mom embarrassed.
    Dad yelling and mom embarrassed. I also think this is the first time we've seen the parental units, albeit at a distance. Dad has grey hair, Mom has glasses.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

16. - Top - End - #1036

SamuraiGuy

I was amused by the Scolville body language. Shades of Bene Gesserit!

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Titan in the Playground

OK, today was legitimately funny.

18. - Top - End - #1038

SamuraiGuy

Lord have mercy, Dave. PROOFREAD. "... I've being curious..."???? First speech bubble, harshed my mellow for the entire strip and made the mind meld in panel #4 less effective.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Troll in the Playground

Ok these bits have legit been amazing, it has the polished and punchy feel of some of the earlier stuff and I bet Dave had it in mind from the start but has kept being pushed back as he keeps adding things on though. I hope this means he is getting into some of the areas he has a better handle on.
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

20. - Top - End - #1040

I like the look of amusement on maximas face at the father. Understated but there. She is in full formal mode so she probably wont let herself do too much emoting.

21. - Top - End - #1041

SamuraiGuy

I like the look of amusement on maximas face at the father. Understated but there. She is in full formal mode so she probably wont let herself do too much emoting.
    I suspect Sydney Sr. will be a lot of fun as a side character.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Turns out, I can't read "Akira Music" without my brain helpfully inputting Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie".

Shakira, Shakira...
    Last edited by PoeticallyPsyco; 2021-12-07 at 02:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Titan in the Playground

Nice music. Had forgotten that song.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Titan in the Playground

"NWP spicy".

Because white people all prefer mayonnaise and ranch sauce, white bread, plain chicken, and iceberg lettuce?

For F's sake.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

"NWP spicy".

Because white people all prefer mayonnaise and ranch sauce, white bread, plain chicken, and iceberg lettuce?

For F's sake.
    In this comic it's a trope:

https://grrlpowercomic.com/archives/...-go-tiger-mom/
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"NWP spicy".

For F's sake.
    Because nobody has ever made a joke about their own ethnic/cultural stereotypes before, ever, right?
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

27. - Top - End - #1047

SamuraiGuy

If you're looking for a strip in good taste, this is not it.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

The punchline is certainly a bit too spicy for some people.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Troll in the Playground

I mean, the Thai place down the road from where I work literally drops the “how spicy do you want it” number on pretty much every white person that comes in if you aren’t a regular. Make of that what you will.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Also, a classmate of mine a few years back said that that's literally how they classify it in the Indian restaurant he worked at. You have Indian-spicy as one 5-star scale, and American-spicy as a separate one. Obviously I can't speak to how universal that is, but it does at least exist in the real world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II