New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Fire of the Foresaken IC

The Fire of the Foresaken!

Veshka
    Veshka yawned as she woke up under the red light of the Sun. Soon after arriving in Absalom, she’d found a weaponsmith who had been willing to take a tiefling refugee under his wing in exchange for Veshka’s ample craftsmanship and help with forging. After making sure her musket was still in its place beside her cot, Veshka walked behind the weaponsmith’s house to the forge, which she began to stoke for the day. She knew from experience that the blacksmith— an old, slightly cranky gnome she knew as Kelston— liked to wake up to the smell of a hot forge, and so one of the jobs he had assigned her was to start the forge every morning. As she started to walk back inside, she saw a slightly disheveled young human running towards her along the street. Once he had caught up to her and regained his breath, he spoke.
    “Hi. Uh, sorry, sorry. I’m Jaque, from the—” he says this next part in a whisper that’s maybe more dramatic than it needs to be “—Absalom Liberation Movement. Our leader Tanya sent me to find you, and I’ll trust her judgement that you’re not one of the bad ones.” He stops and winces. “Ooh, I probably shouldn’t have said that, should I? Sorry. In any case, Tanya has a mission she needs done, and she sent me to ask adventurers like you if you want in.”

Alimeya
    Alimeya— no, Alya— groaned. She’d had more than she needed to in the way of ale last night, and as her head began to clear, she noticed that she had passed out in the back corner of the inn. The innkeeper, a portly dwarf named Tarrlow, was scrubbing out glasses behind the bar. He too was fond of drinking, and so he would often turn a blind eye to whatever Alya was up to while drunk, and he held onto Alya’s equipment when she wasn’t off fighting demons. As she got up and began to look around, she noticed a woman sitting at a table nearby, very clearly waiting for her. She was wearing a chain mail shirt, and she had what looked like a longsword sheathed on her right hip. Alya could only see the right side of her face, but even so, Alya could tell that the woman was heavily scarred— the mark of a warrior. Once Alya had stood up, making sure she wasn’t going to fall over or puke, the woman spoke, gesturing to the seat next to her.
    “Sit. I’ve got a job offer for you. My superior, Tanya, is looking for adventurers to go investigate the sewer system. Some suspicious activity going on. She’ll pay what she can. You in?”

Cayden
    Cayden was drinking water, an odd sight. Even for a self-proclaimed ex-god of drinking, alcohol early in the morning was just not a thing one did. The night before had been a loud one, filled with booze and music and stories. Aaron, the tavern’s brewster, had lent a room to Cayden for the night due to the sheer amount of gold he’d spent on drinks. Cayden himself wasn’t exactly sure where the money came from; every time he wanted to buy a drink, he always seemed to find enough money in his pockets. Karsarian was nowhere to be seen, which was a little puzzling. As he mulled over his current situation, Aaron heaved his equipment over the bar’s counter with a grunt, to which Cayden thanked him. A couple minutes later, he heard a sound from the doorway, and he turned, thinking it might be Karsarian. Instead, it was an unfamiliar dwarf, who beckoned to Cayden.
    “Hey. I know most people think you’re a delusional drunk, but my employer sees something else in you, or so she says. She sent me to ask you if you could help out with a problem in the sewers. Might get nasty. Follow me if you’re interested.” He waits a moment to see if Cayden seems interested, then begins to walk out the door.

Melaka
    Melaka was awake at first light. She’d found a job working with the city guard as a guard and watchwoman. She didn’t get much in the way of benefits; a place to sleep, hot food, and work was just about all the city guard could offer her, but it was acceptable. The beds were clean, the food as good as could be expected, and every so often, Melaka got to see actual combat. Absalom was, for the most part, relatively safe, but occasionally a couple of demonspawn would try to fly or swim over to the city to snatch a couple of citizens. Melaka had always loved combat. The rush of adrenaline it provided her, whether that was through defeating a fellow Sklar-Quah clanmate in an honor-duel or ripping a dretch’s head clean off, never failed to improve her spirits. Unfortunately for her, her morning watch was particularly uneventful, with absolutely no signs of demonic activity. After climbing down the steep staircase that led to and from Absalom’s outer wall, Melaka noticed a tall, unfamiliar elf standing by the base of the stairs. As he noticed her, his eyes flicked up, as if he had been waiting for her.
    “I hear that you’re a warrior who doesn’t shy away from a good fight. If that is indeed the case, my employer has a job for adventurers like you. It should involve more action than a guard posting. Are you interested?”

Union
    The city of Absalom was within Union’s sight. The road to get there had been long and dangerous, filled with dretches, pitspawn, and numerous other unspeakable horrors. The ones Union could not hide from, Union fought, and they emerged victorious. As they approached the city’s vast walls, they could pick up faint mutters of concern. They were not a demon, that was to be assured, but they hardly looked like one’s average aasimar. Additionally, while refugees would arrive at times, they usually came in a group, and Union was completely alone. They grounded their small rowboat on Absalom’s shore, and notice a human woman who seemed to be waiting for them. She’s tall and tan, with a longbow slung across her back. Her right hand is significantly callused, marking her as a veteran archer. Her eyes are a deep, shining blue, and you feel as if she can see and know more about you than you might expect. If you look at her out of the corner of your eyes, you can see faint gold wings extending from her shoulders.
    “I’m Tanya. I lead a resistance movement here in Absalom, and you look... capable. I’ve got a job that I’m recruiting for. It’s dangerous, but I can reward you in money or magic, or a simple thanks for helping to keep this city safe. Can I count on your support?”

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Fire of the Foresaken IC

If there was one thing a good drunk knew, it was how to deal with a hangover.

Cayden drank at his water with purpose, and nibbled the somewhat stale bread with as much enthusiasm as he could muster. Where had he been last night? Images of a courtyard with a strange bird and flashes of a shining mead hall whose bar stretched as far as the horizon and a bartender with a hundred hands pouring a hundred different drinks as a hundred heads offered a hundred different pieces of small talk intermingled in a mind boggling mess of confusion.

He regarded the Dwarf who was watching him expectantly. Familiar looking chap now that he thought about it. Looked just like his grandfather with those mutton chops and braided moustache, less grey, but with the sheen and volume of youth.

"That's nice of her to say." He washed down the last of the bread with a well placed quaff of water. "Don't know if I like being judged by someone that aint met me yet, but its nice of them beside." He stretched with a wide yawn, wiped down his tankard and clipped it to his belt beside his rapier.

"My friend, you are in luck. It seems my friends are nowhere to be seen and as such I've got plenty of free time to help you." He stuck out a beefy hand to shake and grinned. "The name's Cayden Cailean. Nice to meet people I've never met before."

I haven't met your grandfather either
    said the small part of his brain that Cayden usually did his best to ignore.
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Union stares foreward towards Absalom, There eyes half lidded as the two sharing their body bicker about the next course of action. To Hide, To Fight, To jump into the water for a long swim. Eternally argument, a hell of its own creation. Union reaches down onto the floor of the boot, pulling the body of a tiefling she had managed to kill earlier. His broken and partially torn from his body. The creature opens it's maw, sharp rows of teeth lining the inside of its mouth. THey chomp down on the fiendish flesh, tearing beat from bones and chewing on the veins. A bone snaps, and Union drains the marrow from it, before throwing it overboard.

The boat eventually settles on the coast of Absalom, Union dragging their decrepit form off the wooden ship even as the seemingly divine women stare down at them. They stay silent. Simply stearing from beneath the dark hood, there back turned to her....before Union croaks out a decrepit laugh. Like a broken door hanging from the hinge, they get down on all fours, something shifting beneath there cloak. Flesh that has yet to find a home within this body perhaps.

"AHhhhhhhaaa....A Divine wrapped in the paper skin of a mortal? Eyes of aqua staring upon thee. An Honor as one of me would say kekekkeee~...Followed, tracked, and found you have, the broken remains of two. " Another cackle escapes there lips as Union rises to two feet, there back hunched as they hold a piece of flesh in there hands, Union's twitching in several directions, but always locking for a moment on Tanya "For a Guppy to stand in the way of a storm is foolish to most. Suicidal. An act of Insanity...but that is one he two agree in. To stand against the force of fate. Union requires no reward but one."

More quickly then a body like there's would allow, Union steps toward Tanya and looming over her, fingers breaking curling like a mass of five tendrils. "The Opportunity to make thine former tormentors suffer..."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Veshka stares at Jaque as he rambles, at first not sure if he was about to invite her to a cult to ritualistically sacrifice her or just murder her for more normal reasons. As soon as the word 'adventurers' leaves his mouth, realization dawns on her and she starts to chuckle, "Hellfire, kid, ya gotta lead with that adventure stuff when talkin' to people like me. Ya sounded like one o' those folks who think I personally shot their god." She wraps an arm around Jaque's shoulder, giving him an uncomfortably chummy shake, "I'm in. I can always use the time off from work. Speakin' of, Kelston!" She shouts up at her employer's home, "I'm gonna be out a few days! Keep that forge runnin'!"

5. - Top - End - #5

Alya groans again internally, regretting not buying any alchemist's kindness the previous day. She should have known better. She holds onto the table, and tries to think through the pounding headache. "Tanya" sounds vaguely familiar, but she can't place it right now. The offer sounds interesting, but also very vague. "What...sort of suspicious activity?"
    Last edited by pi4t; 2020-11-16 at 08:39 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Melaka looked the elf over without breaking her regular scowl. She only had one question.

"Will there be fiends to kill?"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Veshka
    Jacque does appear slightly uncomfortable as you shake him, but he attempts to pass it off with a laugh. “Follow me,” he says, and as the two of you walk off, you can hear a faint shout of “you’re killing me here, Vesh!” coming from the house. The two of you walk through the city for around 10 minutes until he stops in front of an unassuming, worn-down building. You think it might be some sort of old cathedral, but whatever it is, it is evidently unused at the moment. “Now, just got to find the bugger...” he mutters, as he pokes around the outside of the building, examining different patches of old stone wall. He clearly finds something after a couple seconds of searching, exclaiming “Aha! Here we are!” as he does so. He mutters a brief word of power as his hand glows briefly, and he touches the stone wall again. This time, his hand slowly starts disappearing into the stone, and you hear a small click a couple seconds later. “Door’s open! Follow me” Jacque says, walking fully through the wall. Once he’s all the way through, he sticks a hand back, beckoning you to follow.

Alimeya
    “We’ve heard rumors of demonic activity in the sewers. Investigate. If it’s false, tell us. If it’s true, kill what you can and tell us. Pretty simple.” The woman sits back and waits for Alya to respond.

Cayden
    “Oh, Tanya’s met you before. Well, she’s seen you, but that’s just about the same as meeting someone for her.”

The dwarf takes Cayden’s hand and shakes it firmly. “Good to meet you. I like a man who looks like he knows his way around the bottom of a tankard. Call me Thoznir, and follow me.”

The dwarf leads you to what looks like an abandoned chapel that has collapsed in on itself. You idly notice a couple of long, straight scratches in some of the stones, perhaps left by a balor on that fateful day. The dwarf mutters something under his breath and begins to push on a part of one of the walls as his hand begins to sink into the stone. After a second or two, you hear a click, and the dwarf pulls his hand back. “Come,” he says, as he walks through the wall. “The others should be here soon.”

Melaka
    “Most likely. There’s been reports of demons in the old sewers— kill them and report back. Not much to mess up.” You can see the elf just barely hold himself back from adding “unless you die,” but he refrains from saying it out loud.

Union
    “Wonderful! Oppressing former tormentors is what I had in mind for your first job, so follow me, if you will.” Tanya appears completely unfazed by your menacing demeanor as she begins to walk towards the city gates. As the two of you walk through the streets, you are the subject of many whispers and pointings, though you expect there might be a more dramatic and perhaps violent reaction if you were by yourself. As the two of you approach a run-down stone building, Tanya mutters an arcane word, and a couple seconds later, you hear a click. As Tanya begins to walk towards and then through the wall in front of you, she utters a cheerful “after me!”

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Veshka follows, only pausing to cackle at Kelston's distant response, "Love that guy. Best boss I ever had," she jogs a bit to catch up, "Not that there's a lotta competition."

Upon arriving at the cathedral, Veshka's chattiness immediately dulls. "Maybe I am gettin' shanked today," she mumbles to herself, suspiciously squinting at the dilapidated holy site. Jaque's disappearance into the wall does shake her of her paranoid musings, "Oh, that's neat! Don't see a lot o' illusions 'round here these days. Very practical too." She ducks inside, following Jaque once more.

9. - Top - End - #9

"Fine. I'm in." Alya staggers over to where Tarrlow has been keeping her backpack, with her meagre adventuring supplies. "But we're stopping off at the market first. I need to get a headache cure."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I don't think we need to roleplay out the market trip; Alya is just going to buy and drink an alchemist's kindness. I've already deducted the gold.
    Last edited by pi4t; 2020-11-19 at 06:46 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

Cayden whistles. "That's one way to not forget your keys." Then he strolls through the indicated section of wall like the lead walks through a proscenium arch.
    All Hail Fun!
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

A baleful grin spread across the towering shoanti woman's face.

"Excellent. Point me at the demons so I can slaughter them."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Union tosses the meat into there outh and slouches back down, a smile on there lips "Oh! Most excellent. We would be happy to accept such a task!" Union follows Tanya closely, a calm coming over them as the blood lust they had from there travel simmers down. The calm and confidence of the Paladin washing over them again once there within civilization. There eyes wander, taking in the rare solace of art and beauty again. At least what could be found here. The simple things, graffiti, and simple gardens. Small droplets of hope in a cruel world.

They nod as the door is opened, doing her best to preform a mannerly bow "Of courssse my lady~ Where would my manners be" she follows her inside

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

The three of you already at the building venture down a slightly curved flight of stone steps, with torches burning at regular intervals. As you just start to wonder how long this staircase is, it opens up into a wide, circular room. As you glance around, you notice several training dummies in the shape of lesser demons. Many of them have been slashed, burned, or otherwise damaged. A weapons rack stands nearby, along with a small bookshelf filled with tomes. A curtain conceals a doorway on the other side of the room, and you can hear the sound of running water coming from behind it. Veshka and Jacque have arrived first, followed by Cayden and Thoznir, and finally Union and Tanya. As Tanya arrives, Jacque and Thoznir turn towards her and salute.
    “Good to see you safe” says the dwarf, at which Tanya laughs. “What, did you think I might be waylaid by a dretch? I do appreciate the concern, though.” She mutters “I had hoped that the other two would be here by now, but I trust that they will be here soon” under her breath, only slightly annoyed.

Just as she finishes, the six of you hear footsteps coming from the stairs, and Alya, Melaka, and the two yet-unidentified agents enter the room a few moments later. After a few moments of chatter, Tanya addresses the five adventurers.
    “So, adventurers: I’m Tanya, the leader of this little operation we have here. Before I send you on your merry way, is there anything I can do for you? We’ve got food and water if anyone needs sustenance, and I’m happy to answer any questions you might have. I can also supply a couple healing potions if need be, and I’ve got some assorted scrolls lying around that you can use too.”
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2020-11-20 at 05:57 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

Alya is thinking a lot more clearly now. "Greetings, Tanya. We could use more information. I was told there's something going on in the sewers, but not a lot more than that."

She pauses for a moment, and then addresses the other adventurers.

"Also, perhaps introductions are in order, if we're going to be working together. I'm Alya."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Veshka spends her short time alone with Jaque inspecting the weapon rack. She pulls a few blades to examine their edges, and a crossbow to test its mechanisms. Not finding anything to be critical of, she puts them back and continues rummaging for things to fill time with.

Cayden's arrival draws her attention in more ways than one, as not only is she excited to see who else was drawn into this, but his presence conjures up some very hazy memories. "Howdy, ya wouldn't happen ta know if, uh...we had drinks before?" She bobs and weaves her head around, trying to see if looking at him from different angles will jog her memory, "Ya seem familiar but...think it might've been a bit of a bender. All I'm gettin' is the smell o' beer. Maybe a bit o' vomit." She grabs one of his hands and gives it a firm shake, even if it's not offered, "Name's Veshka, if yer havin' as much trouble as I am. I also take Vesh or Vee."

Veshka offers up a cordial "Howdy" and a similar handshake introduction as each of the others arrive, though she's caught off-guard by Union's appearance, "Howd-eeeesh...oooooh, y'alright there?" Veshka freezes, her hand stuck shaking itself midair halfway between its owner and the fleshy mass of an almost-hand she'd been aiming for. After a moment of contemplation, she decides to forgo the handshake. "Well, I'm...Veshka, or Vesh or Vee. And, erm, gotta say, I'm impressed yer...holdin' together? Honestly dunno if ya actually are, that looks painful, whatever that is."

"I got a question." Veshka raises her hand shortly after Tanya finishes speaking, "What's the job? I got told 'Adventure!' which is good enough reason fer me to bail on work, so I'm okay with bein' here, I just could use a lil' extra detail. Also, may've forgot to grab my gun, so we're gonna need a quick detour if we're expectin' a fight."
    Last edited by Khosan; 2020-11-21 at 12:21 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16

"Any friend of the bottle is a friend of mine. Hazy on this end too as it were." booms the big man. He ignores the hostess for a moment looking instead to each of the arriving ne'er-do-wells. He tries for a moment to read the spirit of the room. Then ignores it to step over to drape his arm over one of the mauled training dummies and grin at Tanya.

"Well, I'm not used to people offering to bribe me with the goods before I even find out what I'm s'posed to be doing. What's the idea behind this place?"
    All Hail Fun!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

The hulking Shoanti woman looks over the assemblage coolly.

"Melaka the Ashborn," she says, "last of the Sklar-Quah. There are demons to kill, and that is all I need to know."

18. - Top - End - #18

"Really? But what if the job requires you to model wearing nothing but bacon strips? There's always considerations."

Cayden takes a long pull from his tankard (yes its full, why do you ask?) before continuing in a more solemn voice.

"Besides, before putting the shackles on, I at least want to know what I'm being accused of."
    All Hail Fun!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Union lurches into the Room behind Tanya, her broken body eternally shifting beneath there robes...but they all seem to lurch at once at the sight of Veshka, a sickening crack and shutter as there many eyes stare at the Tiefling, there jaw widening as needle like teeth grind against each other and a long tongue curls between them "TEEEEFLINNG ABOMINATIONNNNN EAT HER BONES" Union hisses, taking a step forward with as there silhouette starts to change slightly beneath there robes....but something stops them as there eyes spot the other people within the room, like the leesh of sanity pulling them back. "But..with so many others. A Tiefling traitor who betrays there own kind...Ghehehe, a funny twist tin the play of life. Welcome to to the doomed side then"

Her eyes move over the others "Greeetingz things, W are Union. Forgive us for our ill-suited manners. parts of us have a Burning Iresistable Drive to suck the marrow from the horns of any tieeeethling that crosses our sights. A Hard thing to stave off forever. It seems we are all working towards a common goal! Between the fiendish traitor, the Man who smells of spirits and failure, A savage slayer of corruption, and...oh! Another Aasimar, blessed by gods long dead to continue there futile will!" A dark, choking laugh escapes Union Oh wont this be beautiful, a cavalcade of broken things stitched together by a shared resentment. A Work of art in a new age. And what might be the purpose of this new artwork Dear Tanya?"

20. - Top - End - #20

"Oh!"

Cayden beams from ear to ear, sits down on a nearby box and stares at the newest arrival.

"Well you could have just said it was going to be a play."
    All Hail Fun!

21. - Top - End - #21

Alya shifts uncomfortably at Union's comment. Is it that obvious? she wonders. She'd thought she'd kept it better hidden than that. If that...thing can see who I am, then what happens if a demon figures it out?

Out loud, she asks "A play?" with confusion that's partly feigned, as much to change the subject as to get clarification.

22. - Top - End - #22

"Yes!" He gestures broadly, foam edging towards the sides of the mug. "The performance has already begun!"

Cayden pantomimes putting a beefy finger to his lips and shushing loudly. "Don't talk during the play, its rude!" then turns back to Union and gestures for him to continue.
    All Hail Fun!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Oh~ This is but a Play with no script, but with two endings. One of Woe and one of Wonder. It's up to us, the actors, to find which conclusion is true. And as of Now, We have a director in Tanya. So! Dear Director, point us to where these actors may play."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Veshka's response to Union's display is quite underwhelming. She doesn't jump back or flinch, she merely stands there, tense and slowly blinking. Once the creature calms down, she relaxes herself, bending over to put her hands on her knees with a heavy sigh, grumbling, "Think I **** m'self a bit," just loud enough that the others can hear it.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Tanya waits for the commotion to settle down, then speaks again. “Union, I would appreciate it if you didn’t eat our tiefling friend. It wouldn’t leave the best of impressions.”
    “Now that you have all... met, I’ll get you prepped for the mission. Follow me,” Tanya says as she walks through the curtain.

Behind the curtain, you see a passageway that splits into two a couple meters away. At the junction, there’s a small fountain. Tanya turns right, and walks into what must be a magic storage room. You see dozens and dozens of various scrolls, potions, and oils sitting on shelves or in cabinets. Everything is clearly labeled, and the items seem to be sorted into four categories: buffs (including healing potions), hindrances, attacks, and miscellaneous.
    “This is our repository. You may each take one or two items— just don’t take scrolls you can’t cast. Meet me by the fountain once you’re ready to go.”
    Tanya turns to Veshka, remembering what the tiefling had said earlier. “I would go get your gun now. To get back in, knock on the stone wall three times. I’ll have someone open it from the inside.”

26. - Top - End - #26

Alya looks over the equipment briefly, but takes nothing. "Your group needs these more than I do, I think." After a moment she adds, more quietly "But, er, if you could point me towards the nearest bathroom that would be much appreciated."

She has no actual need to use the resistance's facilities, but has no intention of preparing her magic in front of this lot. That would just confirm what that creature..."Union"? had said about her heritage, and there's no need to add more fuel to that fire.

27. - Top - End - #27

Cayden snorts at the little magic mart that has been set up in a closet in the sewers.

"How long are you going to keep deflecting. Tell me what you want first before you start offering me stuff."
    All Hail Fun!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

"Gotchya, I'll be a few," Veshka waves, already backing toward the door, but breaking into a full sprint by the tme she reaches the door. She shouts back down the hall, "Someone grab me a couple healin' potioooons!"

A few minutes later, back at Kelston's forge and in the middle of a transaction with a customer, Veshka bursts through the door, "Ey boss-man, just gonna be a minute!" Not slowing her pace even a little, she jumps just before reaching the counter and sliding across it, disappearing into the back for a moment before running back out and doing it all again in reverse. With a gun (and a few other bits and bobs). Vaulting past the customer, she stops at the door only long enough to briefly explain herself, "I ain't stealin', by the by. I work here 'n' I own this. See ya, Kelsey!"

Again, minutes later and with an equal amount of grace, she stumbles back into the hideout, out of breath and, as ever, disheveled. "Did I miss-hoof-anything?" While she waits for Tanya's explanation, or someone else's explanation of Tanya's explanation, she retrieves a small iron box from her backpack. About the size of a shoebox with a tiny electronic control panel on one of the smaller sides and a somewhat convenient carrying handle on top, she places it down next to her and begins pressing buttons. A chute slides out of one of the longer sides, then a few button presses later it begins producing a horrible grinding sound and several small metallic spheres - bullets, which Veshka takes by the handful, sliding some into her bandoliers and dropping others into a pocket of her backpack once she runs out of space across her chest. A few more button presses and the machine whirs to life once more, this time dispensing a black powder directly into a few powder horns held beneath its chute. The tiefling gives the machine a few good taps to make sure the black powder's not getting stuck anywhere. Once content that she won't be packing any explosives on her back, she pushes the chute back in and stuffs the box away in her backpack.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Veshka uses her Ammo Spitter, getting 30 firearm bullets and 30 doses of black powder.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Union shakes there head to and fro when presented with the Items "Oh, Such bobbles and trinkets are usually not needed, The Flesh is more then Enough~ But...but..Hngghh.." Theres a crack, and a twitch beneath the Robe "But....We will take the potions....Apologies for the previous...hunger? We had been in battle so long and food was in short supply." Union responds, there voice noticeably less scratchy and guttural.

30. - Top - End - #30

Cayden is laser focusing on Tanya waiting to hear what the purpose of his invitation is.

Never take gifts from strangers. That's how they get the claws in ya! Accepting gifts and they'll think you owe them. Aint no man owe anyone anything! Except maybe a pill for a headache.

That might just be the hangover talking.
    All Hail Fun!