New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Why didn’t Durkula vampirize Zz’dtri?

Quote Originally Posted by Ionathus View Post
    I think the argument was that, by vampirizing Z and using his Teleport instead of The Mechane, Durkula could've bypassed involving The Order entirely.
    I still say time was a factor. In the 10 or so rounds it'd take to drain Z, raise Z and protect Z, the Order could have conceivably defeated the elemental and the fiends, then Durkon* would've had to explain why he was sat on the sidelines sippin on Z instead of helping in the fight.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Riftwolf View Post
    I still say time was a factor. In the 10 or so rounds it'd take to drain Z, raise Z and protect Z, the Order could have conceivably defeated the elemental and the fiends, then Durkon* would've had to explain why he was sat on the sidelines sippin on Z instead of helping in the fight.
    I'm still not certain The Order survives the elemental without Durkon*'s help. He healed Roy and sent Spiky against it as well - that very well could've been enough to tip the scales.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ionathus View Post
    I'm still not certain The Order survives the elemental without Durkon*'s help. He healed Roy and sent Spiky against it as well - that very well could've been enough to tip the scales.
    Especially since were it not for Greg, the elemental would have likely smothered Haley to death and it would have been up to Belkar (half dead himself), Elan and an unarmed Roy to fight both it and Spiky off.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Even with Durkon they only really managed to barely make a retreat, and that was due to pretty much everything working in their advantage. If Xykon decided to stick around for a few rounds, which he probably would without the Monster's interferance, if Tarquin didn't became so unstable and if pretty much anything from Elan's secret rescue plan didn't worked out as intended the order would have lost even with Durkon.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGirl

I mean, the answer is more or less in the strip: Durkula killed him as a spiteful response to Nale's threat.
    elephants are made of carbon

and so are you