Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Earl of Purple's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Garden of the Angles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    Wandering Into Trouble

    "I don't know. Maybe? Or maybe there's more yous somewhere else, in one of those pods over there? Or maybe only our three universes are the ones where you or I are fiendish so the only ones they're looking at, or want to intervene in, or... I don't know. Time is involved, and space too probably. Can you guys remember how you got here? I think the portal I came in has gone." Prumathe will walk away from the door they've passed through, just in case the door does something unexpected like explode. He's really not sure what's going on with that.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

    I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

  2. - Top - End - #1292
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Purple Eagle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Neo Africa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    Spoiler: faevestigation
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Fairy Investigation

    "Great, glad t' hear it. Klaavi an' Hoss. Good names. I gotta go, smell ya later, prob'ly. If the Fairy Godfather needs ya, he'll prob'ly send me. I knows whacha look like, y'know." And with that, the sprite will fly grab a half-orc tusk missed earlier and take off, flying straight up and disappearing over the rooftops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "That could have gone worse," Olvisin says once the pixies fly away. "We know there's a pixie mafia in the city, who break the kneecaps of people who sell pixie dust. And their boss is a 'fairy godfather'."


    [Fairy Investigation]

    "Have a good one!" Chidi waves to the sprite as he departs. Once they're alone and Olvisin speaks, he nods whilst looking in the direction the sprite went. "Useful intel to know. What's our next move? Back to base for now?" He scratches the back of his head. "I guess this means we need to hang out at Trog's for a bit until we get contacted... I'm more of a BDD guy, see?"

    "Whatever our next move is, we should be more careful. That could've easily gone sideways." He notes, finally turning to look down at Olvisin.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

  3. - Top - End - #1293
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Red Zone Building

    She's got clothes, although it's not clear where from. Just a simple grey shirt and a pair of jeans. "They caught me by surprise. I'll be ready for them this time." Jade's probably just deceiving herself on that front. She's not in great shape for fighting right now.
    Red Zone Building

    "In that condition?" the man asks pointing at her with the club.
    "If they could suprise you last time, they will do it again, especially since your hurt. Either you get some rest or help from someone else. May I ask WHAT they took?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika

    Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

    Nexus Characters: LINK

  4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bc56's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    Red Zone Building

    Jade shakes her head. "No time to recover. They took my armor. I can't let them figure out how to use it." She stands up. "I'm going to stop them." Step by step she heads for the door, not quite steady.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

    Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

  5. - Top - End - #1295
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    [Fairy Investigation]

    Olvisin chuckles, bashful. Yes, it could have gone sideways in a couple of ways.

    "I was improvising wildly for a bit there. Maybe we should head back to the base for now. The existence of the mafia is good information. The rock-obsessed bunch... probably no way to spin that as useful."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

  6. - Top - End - #1296
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    5a Violista's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Next to the Mandolinist

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    [Perfectly Normal Walk]

    Obviously, June can't go towards the same station, so he has to find a way to a bus stop that he can catch and transfer to the right line.

    "But..." There's some clear and obvious flaws in C2?'s explanation. "Demons can be a type of angel, can't they?" he says. He turns his body so that it's no longer lined up to the woman. Also, trying to decide if that way seems like a logical place for city planners to put a bus stop. Maybe? He kind-of knows this area, but not too well.

    "So, um...C2, couldn't you just, like, tell the cultists to stop or something, then?" It kind-of makes sense. Being a quarter(?) of an angel, whatever that means, should probably get them to listen enough.
    Or...
    Something.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

  7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deathkeeper's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Definitely lost
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Cane Street Library

    "A greater spirit would be like a ghost or even a god. But in either case, you'd hear about them first, right? Some are more like people though... I mean, there's a lot of variation." Jaahlyn shrugs sheepishly. "I could probably go on all day about them so let's focus on the music for now, yeah? Why don't you play something, anything you like, and see how the spirits react." She let's go off him. "I don't even need to keep holding you and don't worry, these spirits won't hurt you. Just go ahead." She gestures at the Barnabus-like spirits.
    Cane Street Library

    Jim starts humming as he takes out his violin from its case. He takes a moment to tune it, though in reality he's just waiting to finish humming his intro.
    He goes into a rather fast song, though he does close his eyes frequently. He knows he's supposed to be observing the spirits but he tends to close his eyes when he's trying to remember a song he doesn't have in front of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Philip Memorial Library]

    Michalson sighs.

    "I wish I knew what I'm lookin' for. But for now, we can focus on anything about usin' primordial forces for creatin' objects. Or bindin' and usin' them in general. Entropy and order, specifically."
    Philip Memorial Library

    Sphinx nods. Immediately her eyes begin flicking through the titles on the shelves. Volumes here and there float off their spots into a delicate little pile. Well, they form into two piles, ten on one and one on the other.
    "Okay, I'll start with these and you start skimming that one, okay?" she asks. She's completely serious and doesn't have an ounce of condensation in her voice.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

    [Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

  8. - Top - End - #1298
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Recaiden's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Fever dreams
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    Wandering Into Trouble
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "I don't know. Maybe? Or maybe there's more yous somewhere else, in one of those pods over there? Or maybe only our three universes are the ones where you or I are fiendish so the only ones they're looking at, or want to intervene in, or... I don't know. Time is involved, and space too probably. Can you guys remember how you got here? I think the portal I came in has gone." Prumathe will walk away from the door they've passed through, just in case the door does something unexpected like explode. He's really not sure what's going on with that.
    "If there are more of us here, we have to help them too!"
    Sekhmet also crawls out under the door and stands up.
    They each say they came through a portal, and point in two different directions, matching the doors they entered through.

    The door doesn't explode. But something else comes through the gap - an exceptionally long tongue like that of a chameleon, which wraps around time!Sekhmet's leg like a whip.

    [Perfectly Normal Walk]
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Obviously, June can't go towards the same station, so he has to find a way to a bus stop that he can catch and transfer to the right line.

    "But..." There's some clear and obvious flaws in C2?'s explanation. "Demons can be a type of angel, can't they?" he says. He turns his body so that it's no longer lined up to the woman. Also, trying to decide if that way seems like a logical place for city planners to put a bus stop. Maybe? He kind-of knows this area, but not too well.

    "So, um...C2, couldn't you just, like, tell the cultists to stop or something, then?" It kind-of makes sense. Being a quarter(?) of an angel, whatever that means, should probably get them to listen enough.
    Or...
    Something.
    The strange 1/4-angel walks backward and a bit to the side to try to keep in front of June.
    "No, telling them to stop doesn't work." It's been tried before. Wasn't very effective. But it does suggest an idea. What if she got her own cultists?
    "Yes, demons and angels are a lot alike. That's exactly why they don't get along!"
    And, walking without looking where she's going, she bumps into a lamppost, looking rather disoriented for a moment.

    There's surely a bus stop back at the tram station, so the next one would be...well it can't be too far, right?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

  9. - Top - End - #1299
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Earl of Purple's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Garden of the Angles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    Wandering Into Trouble

    Prumathe yelps when he sees the tongue. He'll grab Sekhmet and try pulling her away from it, whilst calling for the other Prumathe to deal with it. He can't really do both. Hopefully the other Prumathes and/or Sekhmets haven't been eaten by whatever this tongue belongs to. It's gross and horrible and really quite unpleasant.

    Prumathe boosts part of his strength, but can't really afford to boost it all, or too much- he could break Sekhmet's arm if he holds her too tight and that would make everything harder. It's possible that he loses his grip and Sekhmet is snatched away from him despite his efforts.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

    I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

  10. - Top - End - #1300
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Red Zone Building

    Jade shakes her head. "No time to recover. They took my armor. I can't let them figure out how to use it." She stands up. "I'm going to stop them." Step by step she heads for the door, not quite steady.
    Red Zone Building

    The man tries to put the stick on her shoulder and push it down. He assumes this will hurt more then it should and maybe sends her down on her knees.

    "I don't think you are in any shape to do any better then last time." He then looks at her map. "Take a moment and tell me what this all means. And what is so important about the armor that you kill yourself for it?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika

    Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

    Nexus Characters: LINK

  11. - Top - End - #1301
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    [Philip Memorial Library]

    Michalson doesn't have many positive qualities, but knowing his limits is one of them. Since the person who can read a dozen books while he skims one is helping him, he'll accept it and get to work.

    It soon becomes clear that what Michalson is talking about is sparsely documented, if at all. Sphinx will, however, see a mention of a group of githzerai, the mercurial and passionate people of Limbo, trying to use forces of order to make something. It's unusual, given their nature, but not much else is said of it - save that the lack of records appears deliberate.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

  12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bc56's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    Red Zone Building

    Jade shakes her head. "It's highly advanced, I made it myself. All sorts of advanced capabilities. In the wrong hands, it would be a deadly weapon." She shakes her head again. "There's no time. Their leader is good at that sort of stuff. I have to stop him from being able to use it."
    Last edited by bc56; 2021-03-08 at 02:30 PM.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

    Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

  13. - Top - End - #1303
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    5a Violista's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Next to the Mandolinist

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    [Perfectly Normal Walk]

    June was about to give another response!
    He was about to say something.

    But, unfortunately, the perfect opportunity presents itself.
    It took a moment or two to recognize this chance, but once he realizes it, he starts running orthogonal to the direction the tram station is. Need to find another bus stop, not that one. "Sorrygottago!" he says. "Just remembered there's something I have to do!"

    He runs in that direction.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

  14. - Top - End - #1304
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    Red Zone Building

    The man can't really imagine that advanced means in an armor. He comes from a world were advanced would mean it's made ba a higher quality material. He is sure that she means something else, but he couldn't say what.

    "And I repeat, have you tried to aks for help?" he says and puts himself in front of her, much likly to say 'try get past me first if you can'.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika

    Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

    Nexus Characters: LINK

  15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bc56's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    Red Zone Building

    "When? I've been out of commission since it happened. If you're offering, come along. I won't turn you down." She keeps heading for the door unless stopped.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

    Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

  16. - Top - End - #1306
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deathkeeper's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Definitely lost
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Philip Memorial Library]

    Michalson doesn't have many positive qualities, but knowing his limits is one of them. Since the person who can read a dozen books while he skims one is helping him, he'll accept it and get to work.

    It soon becomes clear that what Michalson is talking about is sparsely documented, if at all. Sphinx will, however, see a mention of a group of githzerai, the mercurial and passionate people of Limbo, trying to use forces of order to make something. It's unusual, given their nature, but not much else is said of it - save that the lack of records appears deliberate.
    Philip Memorial Library

    Sphinx hums quietly as she reads. Books float back to their original spaces with each one she finishes.
    "Oh, here we go." she whispers, flipping the book around and gesturing at the paragraph with a claw.
    "You're looking for githzerai, apparently. Um. That's kinda it. They're secretive buggers, apparently." That's for sure. You'd think they'd have more than just that in this whole library. Then again, this library has a lot of attention focused on things more dangerous than weaponsmiths.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

    [Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

  17. - Top - End - #1307
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Red Zone Building

    "When? I've been out of commission since it happened. If you're offering, come along. I won't turn you down." She keeps heading for the door unless stopped.
    Red Zone Building

    The man will stop her from getting out.

    "I might be, but first tell me what the plan is."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika

    Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

    Nexus Characters: LINK

  18. - Top - End - #1308
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    [Philip Memorial Library]

    Michalson nods glumly.

    "Aye, don't I know it. Giths are the reason my hand and my leg are the way they are now. They really didn't want anyone to get this gun. Maybe they were right. But I was younger and a lot dumber back then. Does your book say if they made it, or just found it?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

  19. - Top - End - #1309
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shadowcaller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Avatar by Gulaghar

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Cane Street Library

    Jim starts humming as he takes out his violin from its case. He takes a moment to tune it, though in reality he's just waiting to finish humming his intro.
    He goes into a rather fast song, though he does close his eyes frequently. He knows he's supposed to be observing the spirits but he tends to close his eyes when he's trying to remember a song he doesn't have in front of him.
    Cane Street Library

    While Jim isn't watching the spirits they nonetheless starts to take on far more abstract forms as he starts playing.

    But since they're shaped by his own perception, they never become too bizarre for him to not immidiately understand what they represent as they're in large part mimicking him. He can see colorful lines of light that moves and bends to the music, not unlike bars or lines that display volume. But these lines don't simply seem to display sound, they become the motion of his fingers on the violin, the way the bow moves across the strings, the very beat his music is producing.

    The lines keep changing color, never staying the same for long and are always in motion to the music.

    Jaahlyn watches all this while nodding her head to the rythm of Jim's music and even accompanies by beating one of her hooves to the rhytm as she seems to know this song quite well.
    Once he's done she applauds even as the spirits continue on for a while longer, still lingering on the last notes and beats that Jim produced.
    "Very good. Did you see how the spirits reacted?" The satyr inquires.

    [Michalson's Office]

    As Michalson is in his office, his phone suddenly rings. Seems like a call has been forward to him from the department and thus it appears as if the Intersection department is calling him. This has happened a few times before.
    If he picks up a feminine voice on the other side greets him. "Hello? Is this Michalson Barring I'm talking to?"

  20. - Top - End - #1310
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bc56's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    Red Zone Building

    Jade stops. "Oh, right. Sneak in, get the armor, sneak out. I think I've identified a path through the guards where they won't see me. Or us. You in?" There's definitely a risk involved in bringing more people, but since the stranger can summon ghost dogs, it might be worth it.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

    Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

  21. - Top - End - #1311
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    [Michalson's Office]

    "Yes, it's me." The perpetually-tired detective nonetheless sounds as curt and professional as he usually does on duty. His thick accent is present but he keeps the cant to himself. "How may I help you?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

  22. - Top - End - #1312
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shadowcaller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Avatar by Gulaghar

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    [Michalson's Office]

    "I'm detective Ava Farstride from the Yemore department, it's a town just outside of... Inside." She pauses as if realizing how silly that sounded but then continues in the same professional tone. "I have signed up for a exchange program that includes your department and I've been recommended you as a case study so to speak. Essentially, it's about learning from members of other departments by following them in their day-to-day job. So I'm just calling in to hear if you're interested in participating."

  23. - Top - End - #1313
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deathkeeper's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Definitely lost
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Philip Memorial Library]

    Michalson nods glumly.

    "Aye, don't I know it. Giths are the reason my hand and my leg are the way they are now. They really didn't want anyone to get this gun. Maybe they were right. But I was younger and a lot dumber back then. Does your book say if they made it, or just found it?"
    Philip Memorial Library

    Sphinx moves her claw to a lower part of the passage, even though from her angle she shouldn't be able to see it.
    "Yeah see, it says made. So you're probably going to want to find a gith secret society or historian since it looks like they guarded these secrets preeeeetty close. Of course I could continue searching the stacks with that in mind." Sphinx is pretty good at cross-referencing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Cane Street Library

    While Jim isn't watching the spirits they nonetheless starts to take on far more abstract forms as he starts playing.

    But since they're shaped by his own perception, they never become too bizarre for him to not immediately understand what they represent as they're in large part mimicking him. He can see colorful lines of light that moves and bends to the music, not unlike bars or lines that display volume. But these lines don't simply seem to display sound, they become the motion of his fingers on the violin, the way the bow moves across the strings, the very beat his music is producing.

    The lines keep changing color, never staying the same for long and are always in motion to the music.

    Jaahlyn watches all this while nodding her head to the rythm of Jim's music and even accompanies by beating one of her hooves to the rhytm as she seems to know this song quite well.
    Once he's done she applauds even as the spirits continue on for a while longer, still lingering on the last notes and beats that Jim produced.
    "Very good. Did you see how the spirits reacted?" The satyr inquires.
    Cane Street Library

    Jim nods and lays down his instrument for the moment.
    "Yeah. I wasn't expecting such a lightshow but I could see how they bent to it. So if I knew what to do, I could use this sort of thing to make them...do things? Besides just moving I mean. They're like...weird little cosmic marionettes I guess." It's definitely an interesting prospect. Maybe his toymaker is showing.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

    [Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

  24. - Top - End - #1314
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Red Zone Building

    Jade stops. "Oh, right. Sneak in, get the armor, sneak out. I think I've identified a path through the guards where they won't see me. Or us. You in?" There's definitely a risk involved in bringing more people, but since the stranger can summon ghost dogs, it might be worth it.
    Red Zone Building

    "How many people are there?" he asks instead of answering.
    "How strong are they and what can they do? If they got your armor, how did they do it? How can we prevent it from happening again." he says and remains silent for a moment so she can think. The man is acting very calm, but at closer ispection he appears a bit nervouse. Most times he fought monsters or people who summon them. In this world it's different and people have weapons that can cause a lot of harm at a long range.

    "I need to ask this so i can prepare myself. I don't think you even bothered to ask what I CAN do?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika

    Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

    Nexus Characters: LINK

  25. - Top - End - #1315
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Purple Eagle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Neo Africa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Fairy Investigation]

    Olvisin chuckles, bashful. Yes, it could have gone sideways in a couple of ways.

    "I was improvising wildly for a bit there. Maybe we should head back to the base for now. The existence of the mafia is good information. The rock-obsessed bunch... probably no way to spin that as useful."
    [Fairy Investigation]

    "Yeah, so was I. I got experience dealing with those types, see? Spec ops stuff." Chidi begins to walk out of the park, presumably with Olvisin at his side. "That sounds good, O- err, Klaavi." They're still in the park, after all. "The only usefulness I could get from the rock was that I could sense power start to form within it at some point, almost like their insistence made it a reality. We might want to reveal that as well, see?"
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

  26. - Top - End - #1316
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    [Philip Memorial Library]

    "It'd be a waste to just finish fingerin' after one book," Michalson says, drumming his fingers on his own book. "If they were workin' with elements of order, it'd make sense to be secretive. Other Giths wouldn't like that one bit. We found the gun in a ruin. We never did find out why it was ruined."

    [Michalson's Office]

    A case study? In bad life decisions, maybe. He's not sure why someone would pick him of all people, but he'll play along.

    "I can't say I expected that, but I reckon it wouldn't be too hard to let you follow along someday. Since the higher-ups approved it and all."

    [Fairy Investigation]

    "I've heard fairies can make things real just by insisting they are." Olvisin seems surprised. Of course she has no magic senses herself. "That's not nothing. If our employers are interested in fey, this should be of interest to them. Let's head back and write a report."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

  27. - Top - End - #1317
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bc56's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    Red Zone Building

    Jade nods. "Good questions. There's maybe a half dozen? They broke into one of my safehouses and stole the armor, and I'm not going to use that safehouse again since its been compromised." She opens the door, but stops. "Okay, I'll bite. What can you do?"
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

    Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

  28. - Top - End - #1318
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Recaiden's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Fever dreams
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    Wandering Into Trouble
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Prumathe yelps when he sees the tongue. He'll grab Sekhmet and try pulling her away from it, whilst calling for the other Prumathe to deal with it. He can't really do both. Hopefully the other Prumathes and/or Sekhmets haven't been eaten by whatever this tongue belongs to. It's gross and horrible and really quite unpleasant.

    Prumathe boosts part of his strength, but can't really afford to boost it all, or too much- he could break Sekhmet's arm if he holds her too tight and that would make everything harder. It's possible that he loses his grip and Sekhmet is snatched away from him despite his efforts.
    If this monster had eaten other Prumathes, they probably would have noticed it moving from the other pods to this one. Unless they're actually the final Prumathes to arrive...
    What must be a clawed foot (though it barely looks to be made of anything living, more like rubbery glass) follows the tongue under the warped door.
    Sekhmet hangs onto Prumathe with all her strength - which, not being magically boosted, is much safer.
    The other Prumathe grabs onto the horrible tongue and it sort of dissolves under his grip, letting Prumathe pull Sekhmet free while the creature howls and pulls its tongue back with an awful slurp. The other Prumathe is left looking disgusted and tired before turning to get away from the door.
    "What was that?"

    [Perfectly Normal Walk]
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    June was about to give another response!
    He was about to say something.

    But, unfortunately, the perfect opportunity presents itself.
    It took a moment or two to recognize this chance, but once he realizes it, he starts running orthogonal to the direction the tram station is. Need to find another bus stop, not that one. "Sorrygottago!" he says. "Just remembered there's something I have to do!"

    He runs in that direction.
    It takes three or four moments for the angel to recover and realize what's happening, so June has a pretty good head start.
    "Wait! It's dangerous!"
    She starts to run after him, but you can hear her footfalls suddenly stop.
    And behind June, the street gets darker.
    And darker.
    And all the sounds of the city fall away.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

  29. - Top - End - #1319
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Sam's Room

    Sam plops himself down into a sturdy wooden chair.
    "Oh, Thanksmas? Well, it wasn't as big in Skyside as it is here. I don't know if everyone agrees on where it came from. But it seems to be an amalgamation of everyone's winter festivals, because so many people have them. So they come to the Nexus and we slap theirs into our holiday. So it's you know, like, celebrating generosity and goodwill and cheer and also the end of the harvest season and the new year and stuff."
    It's kind of hard to explain a holiday that is intentionally over ten different holidays smushed together.
    "Does where you're from have a winter festival?"
    Alva sat back, thinking as she clicked her fingernails together. "Mmmm.. We called it the Feast of Ravens. It would happen around the winter solstice and.. There's a bit to it. So, like, it's a fortnight long with the solstice being technically a 'fifteenth' day right in the middle where a sort of funeral is held for the passing of the year. I think there are some places farther south that still do animal sacrifices on that day as well but that wasn't a common observance where I was from. Uh.. Tends to also be rather.. Spiritually charged as well given that the year itself is passing and you hear tales of things past trying to get a bit more, um, 'lively' so to speak. So the stories go, you've got ravens flying about trying to usher spirits and other things back where they belong and so the reason for the feast is, well, appeasement is a word for this, I guess? To keep them calm and in a good mood so that they will go back to their rest quietly.

    "Oh! So you also tend to have people wearing masks of a sort as well because all the feasting tends to attract Fair Folk. Um, they 'supposedly' can't curse you if they don't know your identity, see, so you don't need to worry about bad luck if you anger someone by accident."
    Alva said, entirely glossing over the fact that she technically counted as one of these 'Fair Folk.' "For the more belligerent sorts, you've got wards like turnip or gourd lanterns, walking around your house with a torch at sunset and sunrise, tending these great bonfires, passing out confections to passers-by... There's like a hundred and one different things that people do and I couldn't honestly remember them all because I know I'd get things mixed up." she said. It probably sounded a bit different than what Sam might be used to, for sure, and might serve to explain at least her interest on the topic. "It's a lot of fun though. Singing, dancing, good food. You know, the usual with this kind of thing. Tons of opportunities to cause some good-natured mischief.. Or so I am told."

  30. - Top - End - #1320
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deathkeeper's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Definitely lost
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Philip Memorial Library]

    "It'd be a waste to just finish fingerin' after one book," Michalson says, drumming his fingers on his own book. "If they were workin' with elements of order, it'd make sense to be secretive. Other Giths wouldn't like that one bit. We found the gun in a ruin. We never did find out why it was ruined."
    Philip Memorial Library

    "Well, glad it wasn't ruined itself. Lots of guns don't take well to being abandoned for a while without maintenance. How do you maintain a magic gun of primordial forces, anyway? You even have to?" Sphinx asks as she continues to flip through the book. Her speed hasn't slowed down in the slightest.

    Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    Alva sat back, thinking as she clicked her fingernails together. "Mmmm.. We called it the Feast of Ravens. It would happen around the winter solstice and.. There's a bit to it. So, like, it's a fortnight long with the solstice being technically a 'fifteenth' day right in the middle where a sort of funeral is held for the passing of the year. I think there are some places farther south that still do animal sacrifices on that day as well but that wasn't a common observance where I was from. Uh.. Tends to also be rather.. Spiritually charged as well given that the year itself is passing and you hear tales of things past trying to get a bit more, um, 'lively' so to speak. So the stories go, you've got ravens flying about trying to usher spirits and other things back where they belong and so the reason for the feast is, well, appeasement is a word for this, I guess? To keep them calm and in a good mood so that they will go back to their rest quietly.

    "Oh! So you also tend to have people wearing masks of a sort as well because all the feasting tends to attract Fair Folk. Um, they 'supposedly' can't curse you if they don't know your identity, see, so you don't need to worry about bad luck if you anger someone by accident."
    Alva said, entirely glossing over the fact that she technically counted as one of these 'Fair Folk.' "For the more belligerent sorts, you've got wards like turnip or gourd lanterns, walking around your house with a torch at sunset and sunrise, tending these great bonfires, passing out confections to passers-by... There's like a hundred and one different things that people do and I couldn't honestly remember them all because I know I'd get things mixed up." she said. It probably sounded a bit different than what Sam might be used to, for sure, and might serve to explain at least her interest on the topic. "It's a lot of fun though. Singing, dancing, good food. You know, the usual with this kind of thing. Tons of opportunities to cause some good-natured mischief.. Or so I am told."
    Sam's Room

    Sam grins.
    "Oh, you have Halloween and Thanksmas at the same time? That's too bad that you missed it, then. I have a long history with Halloween costumes you know. I haven't really done many since me and Sherrel broke up but still, I've had one or two since then." He seems very proud of this fact. Even though every last one of his costumes has been a pig joke.
    "I should take you next year. We can come up with a pair costume just like I used to! I'm sure we could think of something that's suitable for someone as refined as you." It's not like he's going to run out of fox characters for her. Heck, he's starting to run out of pig-themed ones. He might have to break into Final Fantasy next. And he's heard that there's at least one pig in that one book with the monkey but it's really long and the pig-guy's kind of a dork anyway. Eh, never stopped him before.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

    [Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •