Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

Spoiler: fae stuff
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Fairy Investigation

"Thanks. I'll pass it up the chain o' command. Can I go back to th' fairy ring an' get this scum to Intersection now? I'd... appreciate it if y' didn't look as we used the fairy circle." He can't stop them, though, if they want to hang around and watch. "What're ye actually doin', anyway? Just hangin' around to interfere in criminal activities?" Which isn't exactly an unusual thing to do, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "We're mercenaries between jobs," Olvisin says smoothly. "And when it comes to finding work, wandering the streets of Inside isn't the worst thing you can do. You run into all sort of weird things this way." She turns around so she doesn't see the fairy circle.

[Fairy Investigation]

"Sure, chief." Chidi makes a waving motion indicating that the sprite can get back to what he was doing, and turns around. "True dat! Lots of things one can stumble into just by walking down the street from home, see? And look, it's worked!"
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Red Zone Building

The night passes tensely, but uneventfully. In the morning, however, the fox is gone; the bandages and blankets she was sleeping in are empty. A soft scratching sound comes from one of the adjoining rooms. Maybe she got up and wandered over there?
    Red Zone Building
    ((I check in daily but I missed it))

Does this mean the bandage lay there like the fox just disapeared? Or more like the fox has taken it off in a way? Well, I guess the first one, which is rather strange. Kinda not the what he expected, but in the end a fox this far into the city is rather stange. As he notice the missing fox e oserves the bandages again, just like anyone would. He shrieks up a bit when he hears the scratching. slowly he moves closer to the door it comes from to make no noise. He then removes the barricades if they are still in place and opens the door slowly to first gather a glimps of what's the source.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #1263

Cane Street Library

"Yes and no, my music is actually just as mundane as yours. I don't use any magical notes in it. But mundane music has a magic of its own, no? Whenever you hear that sweet rhythm, your body wishes to move to it. But people are complex animals, just because you feel the rhythm doesn't mean you will move with it. Spirits, in comparison, are very simple. They react to our emotions and feel the rhythm through us. However, unlike us, they have no reason to supress it so they start to, in a sense, dance to it and that can cause all sort of things to happen." She taps her head with her other hand and grins at Jim. "It's in here the real magic is. All you need is an open mind really."

Jaahlyn pauses and looks around, her expression taking a more somber tone. "But spirits can be scary of course. Opening your mind not only means that you can influence them, it means they can influence you in turn. To learn the music of the night one must have discipline to not let them take charge. I can let you glimpse into the world like this, but to have your mind cross the threshold fully is quite a different animal as there is no turning back after that." Jaahlyn then shakes her head, smiling once more. "Though, let us just focus on what you see now shall we? Spirits usually look scary the first time you see them as they represent something unknown and alien. But remember that you're the one giving them form so you can have them look like whatever you want by just willing them to. So why don't you try to imagine them as something funny, or at least not threatening?"

If Jim does imagine the beings around him as something else, really focusing in on whatever mental image he conjures in his mind, they will indeed take that form.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Troll in the Playground

Red Zone Building

It's more like the fox somehow took the bandages off.
    The summoner doesn't need to move those barricades. Someone already has. As he peeks into the room, he'll see the source of the scratching sounds. A redheaded woman is standing by the far wall, scratching something into it using a pocketknife. She hasn't noticed him.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Orc in the Playground

Fairy Investigation

The teeth kicked from the half-orc's mouth are collected by the sprite who removed them as the talking sprite goes back to dancing around the mushroom circle, making it grow faster. The reason why it asked the investigators to look away is because sprites are terrible dancers. As he moves, he loses his balance several times, nearly- and once actually- falling over, kicking chunks out of the toadstools with over-enthusiastic kicks. Motes of light start to build up around it as the other two pick the half-orc up and dump him in the middle and he fades away.

The sprite who did the dancing is left behind. "You can look now. They're gone. You mercenaries lookin' for work? I hear there's a mountain somewhere full of mercenaries that might have work for ya." MERC isn't particularly low-profile, so he's heard of the organisation.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Titan in the Playground

[Fairy Investigation]

"We know of them, of course," Olvisin says smoothly. "But we can't only rely entirely on them. You need to be proactive to stay ahead in the mercenary business."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Cane Street Library

"Yes and no, my music is actually just as mundane as yours. I don't use any magical notes in it. But mundane music has a magic of its own, no? Whenever you hear that sweet rhythm, your body wishes to move to it. But people are complex animals, just because you feel the rhythm doesn't mean you will move with it. Spirits, in comparison, are very simple. They react to our emotions and feel the rhythm through us. However, unlike us, they have no reason to supress it so they start to, in a sense, dance to it and that can cause all sort of things to happen." She taps her head with her other hand and grins at Jim. "It's in here the real magic is. All you need is an open mind really."

Jaahlyn pauses and looks around, her expression taking a more somber tone. "But spirits can be scary of course. Opening your mind not only means that you can influence them, it means they can influence you in turn. To learn the music of the night one must have discipline to not let them take charge. I can let you glimpse into the world like this, but to have your mind cross the threshold fully is quite a different animal as there is no turning back after that." Jaahlyn then shakes her head, smiling once more. "Though, let us just focus on what you see now shall we? Spirits usually look scary the first time you see them as they represent something unknown and alien. But remember that you're the one giving them form so you can have them look like whatever you want by just willing them to. So why don't you try to imagine them as something funny, or at least not threatening?"

If Jim does imagine the beings around him as something else, really focusing in on whatever mental image he conjures in his mind, they will indeed take that form.
    Cane Street Library

Jim tries hard to imagine the wandering spirit eyes as little homonculi like Barnabas. Though not as cute as his little buddy. That would just be unfair. Still, little winged imps are much easier to be around than so many glowering eyes.
    "Well, that's a little better. So you're saying that if I play I can make them do things, but they could also make me do things?" he asks, looking around the room.
    "Oh and just making sure, is the Night thing literal or does this work during the day, too?" That would be an unfortunate but understandable limitation.
    [Philip Memorial Library]

Michalson takes a look at the shelves, but doesn't get off yet.

"This is where it gets complicated, then. I've already read a lot about your run off the mill weapon enchantments. Didn't work. Whatever my weapon is it's... one of a kind. I don't even really know why someone made it this way. I doubt just shooting was the purpose."
    Philip Memorial Library

Sphinx looks around at the shelves.
    "Well! If you want I can skim some of these for you. I can get through these books a whole lot faster than you can. But I can't memorize the contents before reading them. So I can make your research a lot faster but I'm not a goddess here." Of course being able to read and memorize a 400 page book in ten minutes is not exactly a paltry feat in itself.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Titan in the Playground

"You can memorize a book for good just by readin' it once? Wish I could do that," Michalson remarks. "I wonder if I would've made for a good librarian myself, instead of... mostly wanderin' around the Planes and makin' a berk of myself." He shakes his head. "But that sounds like a good idea, if those books are somewhere I'm not supposed to go."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #1269

Red Zone Building

It's more like the fox somehow took the bandages off.
    The summoner doesn't need to move those barricades. Someone already has. As he peeks into the room, he'll see the source of the scratching sounds. A redheaded woman is standing by the far wall, scratching something into it using a pocketknife. She hasn't noticed him.
    Red Zone Building

The summoner stops and stares for a moment, his thoughts running wild. Who is this? What did happen to the fox? Why does she have a knive?
    He then peeks around in his room looking for a weapon. There, and old leg of a chair not far away. it's not really a good weapon as it's not sharp or good to grab. At best it's like a club. He should really get to a weaponsmith and make himself a weapon. Kinda funny how often he runs into trouble here where a summon might be a bit of an overkill. Just imagine ameteor crushing in from one of his summonings. n top he's still not sure what happened to the fox.

Either way he waits a moment to see if he can read the writing, then he decides to sneak in, slowly opening the door like the wind would open it. The obviouse noise of the hinges are there and he hides behind the door when they suprise him. Should she still not notice him or run away he will try to sneak closer, into a ranke his weapon can hit but he'd out of the knifs range. He will tip on her shoulder and speaks in a deep voice.
    "Who are you?"

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Troll in the Playground

Red Zone Building

It doesn't look like the woman is writing anything. It looks like she's carving a map into the wall. When her shoulder is tapped, she turns around very slowly to look at the summoner. She could be pretty, except she has a black eye nearly swollen shut. "Oh, it's you. Thanks for helping me out." She smiles at the man, not afraid of him or his more dangerous weapon. "I'm Jade."
    Last edited by bc56; 2021-02-27 at 03:47 PM.

My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Wandered into Trouble
    "You just said you're dating a fiend-touched Sekhmet. Well, that's a Sekhmet that isn't fiend-touched, so I'm guessing in the reality she comes from, I'm the one who is." Prumathe says to Prumathe. He turns back to Prumathe- wait, Sekhmet- and says "I think we're being collected here to make things easier to keep track of for the spiders, since they're analysing the future or something. But I'm going to try getting us out of here. I can open the door, or the door I came through anyway, if someone else can keep it that way we can get underneath maybe." Unless the spiders have fixed that in the time Prumathe spent finding Prumathe and Sekhmet. He'll amplify his hearing a little to see if he can hear any more Prumathes or Sekhmets turning up.
    "You just said you're dating a fiend-touched Sekhmet. Well, that's a Sekhmet that isn't fiend-touched, so I'm guessing in the reality she comes from, I'm the one who is."

"I said I was. It didn't work well, that's probably not important right now." Prumathe starts to explain. "I can hold the door open, I'm sure. And that can be our way out, to get back and help."

"If there's two of you, why is there only one of me?" the other Sekhmet muses. It doesn't sound like anyone else is coming, though.

[Perfectly Normal Walk]
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Oh no, not jumping away!
    Having the winged person immediately jump away to go back and look would be a problem.

The redhead keeps on walking, and doesn't at all acknowledge the 'tricking' sentence.
    "I don't know any ghosts," June says. Well, not any that were ghosts at the time they met, to be precise. To draw out the talking, he adds, "Well, I guess, it depends on what you mean by 'ghost' but...I'm not sure. Probably not."

Still walking.
    "By demon, you mean that flying thing, right?" The redhead glances at the winged person, trying to figure out if that was a good response or not. "First time I saw it was a couple minutes ago. You looking for it? I think I saw it up that way." He points up over a roof in a direction that the flying bat-snake probably is.
    It doesn't look like it was a good response. The winged person is confused, then frustrated.

Where she jumps is over in front of June, trying to block his path, two wings stretched out and her tail curled up over her back like a scorpion.
    Which at least means not leaving to look for Vix. His plan is working so far.
    "Don't pretend not to know! I saw you with one of us. What's going on?!"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler: Fairy Investigation
    Show
    Fairy Investigation

The teeth kicked from the half-orc's mouth are collected by the sprite who removed them as the talking sprite goes back to dancing around the mushroom circle, making it grow faster. The reason why it asked the investigators to look away is because sprites are terrible dancers. As he moves, he loses his balance several times, nearly- and once actually- falling over, kicking chunks out of the toadstools with over-enthusiastic kicks. Motes of light start to build up around it as the other two pick the half-orc up and dump him in the middle and he fades away.

The sprite who did the dancing is left behind. "You can look now. They're gone. You mercenaries lookin' for work? I hear there's a mountain somewhere full of mercenaries that might have work for ya." MERC isn't particularly low-profile, so he's heard of the organisation.
    [Fairy Investigation]

"We know of them, of course," Olvisin says smoothly. "But we can't only rely entirely on them. You need to be proactive to stay ahead in the mercenary business."

[Fairy Investigation]

Chidi turns around and nods in agreement to Olvisin's words. "Yes, gotta make all that dough where you can."

((Too short for me, yes... but what else is there to say? Let's carry on.))
    Love is the message.

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Orc in the Playground

Wandered Into Trouble

"I don't know. I can't hear any more, so maybe this little pod is only big enough for three people and there's other Sekhmets elsewhere?" Then he turns to the other Prumathe. "Oh? I'm sorry to hear that. The said when they locked me up that they wanted me out of the way so I wouldn't interfere in the stuff around Sekhmet. If you split with her, why'd they take you?" Is there another member of his friends and family who are the focus of a threat to GLoG or the world? He doesn't know any.

"The door I was able to open a bit is this way. It's where I came in." And hopefully these two will be able to find their way back to their home realities if they leave through the door Prumathe arrived through. He'll lead back to where he came in and reach down, boosting his strength to heave in the slightly lighter gravity.

Fairy Investigation

"Well, it'd be reliable if you's with a whole bunch'a other mercs, I reckon. Thuggery works that way." And other jobs, too. There's a reason why bankers gather in banks. "Gimme yer names an' where y' can be found, an' I'll pass it up the chain. Mebbe the Fairy Godfather'd appreciate help from someone who won't alert 'em to what's comin', like we would." Always easier to break a man's kneecaps if he doesn't know you're there to break his kneecaps, the sprite thinks.

14. - Top - End - #1274

[Perfectly Normal Walk]

June stops.
    With wings stretched out and that tail like that, it's actually pretty intimidating and he doesn't want to run into her or get any closer to that tail.

"I've never seen anyone like you before," he says. "I swear." He puts his palms forward to show that he doesn't mean any harm. "If that's not what you meant by a demon, then what do you mean by it?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #1275

[Perfectly Normal Walk]

The winged person shakes her head.
    "A demon is a hellish spirit that's appeared in the physical world. They could look like anything."
    "The flying thing is a mantis - it's with me, so it's a good guy."
    "Whenever something weird happens, there's a good chance it's because of this demon that's sworn to kill us all, so that's why I asked."
    "Oh, you're probably in danger too now."
    I think Sapphira might technically be a devil, but this person is not minding the distinction.

"Whatever you had with you wouldn't look like me either; I could tell there was something wrong." She sounds doubtful though. Maybe she was mistaken about what she sensed, or which human it was?
    Wait. June is avoiding the question again, isn't he? So tricky!

[Wandered Into Trouble]

Prumathe shakes his head "No, we're all still caught up in Sekhmet's destiny." Plus he's befriended other people since, with their own calamitous futures.

"There might be more of us in other pods then, that need rescue!" is the alternate-Sekhmet's conclusion.

As before, the door lifts slightly under Prumathe's enhanced strength.
    Unlike before, wisps of smoke or steam start to rise from the corner where the door meets the doorframe.
    Prumathe puts his fingertips on the door, and it crinkles and stiffens in some way; it won't stretch back into shape anytime soon. They should just be able to squeeze under it.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2021-03-01 at 11:48 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Titan in the Playground

[Fairy Investigation]

Olvisin has to think quickly. Giving these fairies their real names might not end well. Apart from the general rule they adopted while leaving, they could find out they're indeed in MERC, leading them to suspect their real purpose. Best to keep spinning the "Klaavi and Hoss" story.

"My name's Klaavi. When I'm not working I can usually be found at Trog's," she says, hoping she's not digging herself a bit too deep.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Orc in the Playground

Wandering Into Trouble

"There could be, yeah. We could also just be from the realities most likely to come to a calamitous end related to Sekhmet that we can influence. Uh, Prumathe for you." The last is directed at the human Sekhmet accompanying them, who still makes Prumathe a little surprised every now and again. She looks like Sekhmet, but without all the bits that make her look like Sekhmet. It's confusing, and she probably feels the same way about them.

"I should go first. My magic boosts my body, I can heal faster and make myself stronger and tougher. If there's trouble, I should be able to deal with it." Prumathe will crawl under, unless someone disagrees, ready for trouble should it arrive as a giant spider. He's looking for the spiders, other pods, and ideally a way out of here.

18. - Top - End - #1278

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Cane Street Library

Jim tries hard to imagine the wandering spirit eyes as little homonculi like Barnabas. Though not as cute as his little buddy. That would just be unfair. Still, little winged imps are much easier to be around than so many glowering eyes.
    "Well, that's a little better. So you're saying that if I play I can make them do things, but they could also make me do things?" he asks, looking around the room.
    "Oh and just making sure, is the Night thing literal or does this work during the day, too?" That would be an unfortunate but understandable limitation.
    Cane Street Library

Jaahlyn nods. "Yes, but spirits like these are really just sponges for others emotions. They have little to no will of their own so you aren't in much risk of that under usual circumstances. The danger is when someone else wills them to influence you. Like when I play music for instance. But even then as long as you're aware of their influence you can probably resist it." A beat. "...depending on the spirit of course. There are far greater ones than these." She gestures in the direction of the spirits. "Don't worry about the night though, there's always night somewhere isn't it? So you don't have to wait for the darkness to descend to play the music. The spirits are, after all, always here."

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Ogre in the Playground

"You can memorize a book for good just by readin' it once? Wish I could do that," Michalson remarks. "I wonder if I would've made for a good librarian myself, instead of... mostly wanderin' around the Planes and makin' a berk of myself." He shakes his head. "But that sounds like a good idea, if those books are somewhere I'm not supposed to go."

"Well, I don't really know where what you're looking for is. Like I said, I know this place's layout from memory and I can read things fast, but the books aren't part of me. So I can speed things up for you but I can't point you there right away. So...what am I looking for?" Sphinx asks, sitting down. The slight amount of dust clearly doesn't bother her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Cane Street Library

Jaahlyn nods. "Yes, but spirits like these are really just sponges for others emotions. They have little to no will of their own so you aren't in much risk of that under usual circumstances. The danger is when someone else wills them to influence you. Like when I play music for instance. But even then as long as you're aware of their influence you can probably resist it." A beat. "...depending on the spirit of course. There are far greater ones than these." She gestures in the direction of the spirits. "Don't worry about the night though, there's always night somewhere isn't it? So you don't have to wait for the darkness to descend to play the music. The spirits are, after all, always here."
    Cane Street Library

Jim chooses to ignore the fact that this means Jaahlyn could probably do some nasty things at the moment if she so desired. For whatever reason he trusts her more than that.
    "Oh, okay. So these are only little minor spirits. Would a greater spirit be hanging around somewhere more important? Or are they more like a being, wandering around on their own instead of just...being there like these guys?" he asks her.
    "And where are we starting with this anyway?"
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler: faevestigation
    Show
    Wandered Into Trouble

"I don't know. I can't hear any more, so maybe this little pod is only big enough for three people and there's other Sekhmets elsewhere?" Then he turns to the other Prumathe. "Oh? I'm sorry to hear that. The said when they locked me up that they wanted me out of the way so I wouldn't interfere in the stuff around Sekhmet. If you split with her, why'd they take you?" Is there another member of his friends and family who are the focus of a threat to GLoG or the world? He doesn't know any.

"The door I was able to open a bit is this way. It's where I came in." And hopefully these two will be able to find their way back to their home realities if they leave through the door Prumathe arrived through. He'll lead back to where he came in and reach down, boosting his strength to heave in the slightly lighter gravity.

Fairy Investigation

"Well, it'd be reliable if you's with a whole bunch'a other mercs, I reckon. Thuggery works that way." And other jobs, too. There's a reason why bankers gather in banks. "Gimme yer names an' where y' can be found, an' I'll pass it up the chain. Mebbe the Fairy Godfather'd appreciate help from someone who won't alert 'em to what's comin', like we would." Always easier to break a man's kneecaps if he doesn't know you're there to break his kneecaps, the sprite thinks.
    [Fairy Investigation]

Olvisin has to think quickly. Giving these fairies their real names might not end well. Apart from the general rule they adopted while leaving, they could find out they're indeed in MERC, leading them to suspect their real purpose. Best to keep spinning the "Klaavi and Hoss" story.

"My name's Klaavi. When I'm not working I can usually be found at Trog's," she says, hoping she's not digging herself a bit too deep.

[Fairy Investigation]

"Call me Hoss." Chidi gives his 'name' in turn, and nods when his partner mentions Trog's. Personally, he prefers the Black Dragon's Den, but decides not to mention that. Although the BDD is better for clandestine meetings, less people know him in Trog's.

"Sometimes it's better for a merc to do things their way and not have to worry about being part of a bigger organization. We've both always worked that way. Right, Klaavi?" He says, lending more credence to their apparent 'partnership'.
    Love is the message.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Orc in the Playground

Fairy Investigation

"Great, glad t' hear it. Klaavi an' Hoss. Good names. I gotta go, smell ya later, prob'ly. If the Fairy Godfather needs ya, he'll prob'ly send me. I knows whacha look like, y'know." And with that, the sprite will fly grab a half-orc tusk missed earlier and take off, flying straight up and disappearing over the rooftops.

22. - Top - End - #1282

Red Zone Building

It doesn't look like the woman is writing anything. It looks like she's carving a map into the wall. When her shoulder is tapped, she turns around very slowly to look at the summoner. She could be pretty, except she has a black eye nearly swollen shut. "Oh, it's you. Thanks for helping me out." She smiles at the man, not afraid of him or his more dangerous weapon. "I'm Jade."
    Red Zone Building

The man doesn't seem to calm down right now. After all it's not really what he wanted to know, but it is an answer to his question.

"Helping you out?" he asks, mostly suprised by her reaction. He's not dump, but right now he got no idea what she is talking about. A slight idea in his head rise up that this girls and the fox are connected in any way. After all he uses magic tos ummon people and things from oter dimensions.
    "What exactly do you mean? where is the fox? and what kind of map do you draw?"

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Troll in the Playground

Red Zone Building

Jade laughs. "She's right here." A pair of fox ears and a tail suddenly appear on her to demonstrate what she means. "It's a map of a warehouse near where you found me. I'm planning to go back there soon. The leader of the thugs there stole something from me."

My Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #1284

[Perfectly Normal Walk]

When someone has to specify that someone is a 'good guy'. . .well, they could be a good guy or maybe they just think they are but turns out they're really some kind of Inspecteur Javert.

June, of course, isn't really sure how the description of a demon is supposed to be helpful. If it can look like anything, how is he supposed to know if he has ever met one before or not? What if the person talking to him is one, too?
    Well, he decides, it should still be obvious if you try to touch them.

"Oh, I see."
    He continues off his previous thought line. "And...so how am I supposed to know you aren't working for this demon? June asks. Especially if they claim to be on the same side as Vix and are trying to get her.

June looks to the side, looking to see if there might be a way to get away, or if there's others around also watching or surrounding him.
    "How am I in danger, anyway?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Titan in the Playground

[Fairy Investigation]

"That could have gone worse," Olvisin says once the pixies fly away. "We know there's a pixie mafia in the city, who break the kneecaps of people who sell pixie dust. And their boss is a 'fairy godfather'."

26. - Top - End - #1286

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Cane Street Library

Jim chooses to ignore the fact that this means Jaahlyn could probably do some nasty things at the moment if she so desired. For whatever reason he trusts her more than that.
    "Oh, okay. So these are only little minor spirits. Would a greater spirit be hanging around somewhere more important? Or are they more like a being, wandering around on their own instead of just...being there like these guys?" he asks her.
    "And where are we starting with this anyway?"
    Cane Street Library

"A greater spirit would be like a ghost or even a god. But in either case, you'd hear about them first, right? Some are more like people though... I mean, there's a lot of variation." Jaahlyn shrugs sheepishly. "I could probably go on all day about them so let's focus on the music for now, yeah? Why don't you play something, anything you like, and see how the spirits react." She let's go off him. "I don't even need to keep holding you and don't worry, these spirits won't hurt you. Just go ahead." She gestures at the Barnabus-like spirits.

27. - Top - End - #1287

Red Zone Building

Jade laughs. "She's right here." A pair of fox ears and a tail suddenly appear on her to demonstrate what she means. "It's a map of a warehouse near where you found me. I'm planning to go back there soon. The leader of the thugs there stole something from me."
    Red Zone Building

The man takes a step back. Sure this was one of his ideas, but still it's a suprise. Even with the magic he performs he barly knows everything.
    "Ehhh" he stutter befor catching himself. he lowers his weapon as he notice she doesn't mean harm to him. Not that he puts it away for now. "So it was those thugs who left you in the alley? If so I don't think your able to do it, not in that condition."

Has she even clothes on or used the rags as clothing? just in case because he would gently look away.

28. - Top - End - #1288

[Wandering Into Trouble]
    "There could be, yeah. We could also just be from the realities most likely to come to a calamitous end related to Sekhmet that we can influence. Uh, Prumathe for you." The last is directed at the human Sekhmet accompanying them, who still makes Prumathe a little surprised every now and again. She looks like Sekhmet, but without all the bits that make her look like Sekhmet. It's confusing, and she probably feels the same way about them.

"I should go first. My magic boosts my body, I can heal faster and make myself stronger and tougher. If there's trouble, I should be able to deal with it." Prumathe will crawl under, unless someone disagrees, ready for trouble should it arrive as a giant spider. He's looking for the spiders, other pods, and ideally a way out of here.
    "Does that mean I'm more calamitous than you are, in some cross-reality way?" Sekhmet considers. Or maybe there are more of them elsewhere. "You go second, uh, Prumathe." She suggests to the other one. And he does, crawling under the gap.

More and more smoke is pouring from the frame around the deformed door, and it's making frankly alarming sounds.

Outside, well, everything still looks strange. The horizon bends the wrong way, the stars are the wrong shape and in the wrong places and moving too much. The pale sponge structures stand here and there. He can see two other similar pods, each about a hundred meters away. Further away, he can see a much larger structure with long spiky balconies - on one of them, a pair of giant spiders are talking with an elf and a green-skinned devil. In a different direction are several one-room-sized-buildings near a large pit of some sort.
    What he can't see is any of the portals that they used to arrive here.

[Perfectly Normal Walk]
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    When someone has to specify that someone is a 'good guy'. . .well, they could be a good guy or maybe they just think they are but turns out they're really some kind of Inspecteur Javert.

June, of course, isn't really sure how the description of a demon is supposed to be helpful. If it can look like anything, how is he supposed to know if he has ever met one before or not? What if the person talking to him is one, too?
    Well, he decides, it should still be obvious if you try to touch them.

"Oh, I see."
    He continues off his previous thought line. "And...so how am I supposed to know you aren't working for this demon? June asks. Especially if they claim to be on the same side as Vix and are trying to get her.

June looks to the side, looking to see if there might be a way to get away, or if there's others around also watching or surrounding him.
    "How am I in danger, anyway?"
    Well, in this case she just has to specify on their behalf because the flying thing can't talk.

That question puzzles her. How does he know? It's a shame that individual humans only know what they personally know. So inefficient and hard to work with.
    "Oh, I promise I'm not. And as you can see, I'm C2, which means I'm 1/4 an angel, so of course I wouldn't." There is a slight sense of something strange or profound going on when she says that, a conflict between magics.
    "If the demon's cultists find out that you're helping one of us, they'll try to kill you, or worse!"

It doesn't look like June is being surrounded or anything. He would just need to distract this one strange person in order to escape.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2021-03-05 at 11:54 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Troll in the Playground

Red Zone Building

She's got clothes, although it's not clear where from. Just a simple grey shirt and a pair of jeans. "They caught me by surprise. I'll be ready for them this time." Jade's probably just deceiving herself on that front. She's not in great shape for fighting right now.

My Nexus characters

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Titan in the Playground

Michalson sighs.

"I wish I knew what I'm lookin' for. But for now, we can focus on anything about usin' primordial forces for creatin' objects. Or bindin' and usin' them in general. Entropy and order, specifically."