New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,477 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

[Two Detectives]

Ava seems to recognize the signs as well and simply nods. "So what's the prodecure?"

If Michalson attempts to inquire the people moving away from the percieved disturbance he will eventually be informed that there were 'disturbing wraiths' up ahead. Another claims they were 'ghosts made of pages of a book' that 'hurt to look at'. He could inquire further if he likes or go ahead and find what they're talking about.

Cane Street Library

"I know, I know." Jaahlyn claims as she runs her hand through her hair while giving him an akward smile. "But- ah, as I said, I shouldn't talk about it too much. Brings up bad memories. Though, as I said, I could use a distraction right now. When you work all the time like me the times you aren't those bad thoughts suddenly come intruding so do you have any suggestions? Since I believe my class is over now."

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground

Philip Memorial Library

"Oh! Chimera was killed by Bellepheron's spear, y'know? And as her inheritor, Chimera can actually look like her. But when they want to separate again, they actually have Bellepheron's spear that they can use to split up again. Um. At the moment they're the gaiads who run the big faerie park in town but they're looking for a cure to be you know, just a mythical Greek monster again. But I don't have any magic artifact to get human hands when I need it like they do." Sphinx explains. She is kind of happy being one kind of weird. She's not sure she could handle being two kinds like them.

Cane Street Library

Jim considers.
    "Well we could hit up a bar but I don't know if alcohol actually does anything for you." She seemed to indicate her body's immortal but he doesn't know what kind that means. Sometimes faeries are ageless but otherwise very much affected by things like weapons and chemicals.
    "Otherwise I could take you 'round some of my other spots. Or just head home if you don't like crowds. You can crash at my place if you want to." If she's always working he'd understand if she would just want to crash on a couch.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Troll in the Playground

Red Zone Building

"Weird things happen in the Nexus all the time. No one will pay it any mind." Jade watches Karl with interest. "What do you mean, not what I think it is?" She asks, cautiously.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cane Street Library

"Bar please." Jaahlyn's answer is so quick that she seems surprised herself. "...I mean, I'd love to actually get a drink. It's been a while. Like... a lifetime ago actually." She looks away and chuckles.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

Cane Street Library

Jim smiles. "Sure. After hearing that the least I can do is get you a drink." He gets his instrument into its case and hefts it. "I know a place around the corner."

Down the street and around the corner is an old-fashioned little building with a wooden sign reading Pennilan's Tavern. As they approach from the side they can spot the large side window which looks in on the tiny Thanksmas village inside. Tiny moving Ferris wheels and carousels turn slowly as the little lamps flicker from each building. Seems that someone was reluctant to complete taking down all their decorations.
    Inside the place is a bit less quiet. Brick and wood line the floors and walls while decorative branches holding tiny lights sit on the rafters. The place is warm and lit just dimly enough to invoke the image of a place lit by a fireplace without actually making it hard to see.
    "They always take forever to finish un-decorating for Thankmas. Booth or bar?" he whispers to Jaahlyn.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Titan in the Playground

[Two Detectives]

Ghosts made of pages...? Alright. Just another day on the job in Inside. He picks up his radio.

"This is Detective Barring. I've heard reports of, to quote, 'ghosts made of pages of a book that hurt to look at' from citizens. I'll investigate." Putting down the radio, he says to Ava: "I'm going to take a look. I've dealt with ghosts and spirits in the past."

[Philip Memorial Library]

Michalson listens to the explanation with a politely befuddled expression.

"I've travelled the Planes a fair bit and I come from Sigil of all places, but that was still something to hear," he admits. "Can't say I know of any gaiads, though. I don't think I've been to that park, either. Elves are supposed to get along with fairies, but... well, I've never felt like much of an elf."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Barbarian in the Playground

There's no hobo this time.

The sandwich board and the wailing are both conspicuously absent.

Instead?

There's only a feeling of hollowness.

Also a plate of cookies!

Cookies make things better.

From a distance they look like perfectly serviceable chocolate chip cookies-

-but on closer inspection they're actually raisin.

What sort of monster would do such a thing?

Maybe someone lurking in the NEW THREAD
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.