New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

[All I Want For Thanksmas Is You]

There comes a derisive snort from the spidery goblin as the trio moves so they're no longer barring the way. One of them mutters about stupid orders and how they don't get to have any fun.

It would appear as though someone had told the goblins to scare away people who were snooping around, but rebuffing their intimidation three times is enough to get them to stand down. The redcaps definitely don't seem happy about this since they would rather crack some skulls.

That means our heroes are free to climb the radio tower. Once they reach the control room at the top they'll find an interesting sight.

A brownie. Not the food. You know, a kobold. NO! Not the funny little reptile people! An elf. No, not the sexy elves that Wenomir likes. Goodness, too many of these terms get used for other things, don't they? There's a sprite of civilization up here. A short, whimsical looking little humanoid who simultaneously looks quite childish and quite ancient. He's wearing a little uniform from BigBoxMart. He's also cackling madly.

"Yes! YES! Suffer as I have suffered! You'll have to listen to that awful music all season too! Bwah ha ha!"

Yep. It's a crazed kobold using the radio tower to broadcast the curse.

And not just ANY kobold.

A kobold that looks like he was pressed into service at a soulless retail outlet during peak season. At the moment he represents the simmering contempt of retail workers everywhere.

[Brimstone Park]

Rose nods and folds her legs under her body, laying down so Sekhmet can place a hand on her. At the young woman's touch, the world melts away...

"Oh wowie you're so pretty," Rose mutters at the glimpse of the core of Sekhmet's being. Outwardly Rose is... sort of clear. The corruption still oozes across the surface of her soul. But the other Mask, Alexandria? It's far worse. Since Rose manifested she's been shunting the growing corruption to Alexandria so she can remain clear-headed rather than falling under Sapphira's thrall. But that means Alexandria has been rapidly descending into depravity and increasingly zealous devotion to Sapphira.

Sapphira had done a whole bunch of grand-standing about free will but in the end she's just as bad as Buttercup. She doesn't care about what people want. She's more than happy to steal their minds and their wills to get the corrupted servants she desires.

"I'm... it's not as bad as it was on Charcoal, right? You can cure me?" Rose asks, her voice filled with equal parts hope and dread at what the answer will be.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

[All I Want for Thanksmas Is You]

Huh. Evil minions standing down? It really must be Thanksmas time.
    And now a...gnome? Nim doesn't have a lot of experience with faeries. Drakania said that if Chimera separates they're some sort of sprite but Nim hasn't actually seen them do it. They grow nice fruit, though.

But THIS...gnome-thing. He seems pretty mad.
    "Your reign of terror is over! And by that, I mean would you please not do that? It's really messing up the season."
    Well. It never hurts to ask nicely.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

[All I Want for Thanksmas Is You]

That went considerably easier than Michalson was expecting. He thought he was going to have to distract the goblins with a cold iron bomb and give them the laugh as quickly as his leg allows (which isn't very quickly). As it is, he passes by them and begins a somewhat laborious climb up the radio tower. At least it's not a ladder, that would have just been embarrassing. Once confronted with the perpetrator of the newest disaster, he sighs.

"I'm going to have to ask you to cease, desist and come with me, sir," he says, in as level a tone as he can manage. This is what this was all about? "Your actions have caused considerable disruption and loss of property across the city."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #184

The simple explanation is that the brownie had instructed the redcaps not to hurt anyone, just to scare them away. Really, if he had wanted to scare people away he should have hired a boogie instead. Get some real Scooby Dhoo stuff going on.

That's all in the past, though. NOW our heroes need to deal with this catastrophic crazed kobold caper!

"Messing up the season?" the kobold retorts, looking increasingly unhinged. "MESSING UP THE SEASON!? This season is ALREADY messed up! It's supposed to be about thankfulness and generosity! Instead it's about greed and selfishness and tramping the poor people who have to WORK during this hell on earth!"

Yeah he definitely seems crazy.

"I'll make everyone understand how MISERABLE this season has become! They'll all get to listen to that awful song until they realize just how sick the Thanksmas season is! I'll MAKE them change it!"

This probably isn't the best way to teach people the true meaning of Thanksmas.

But then again the kobold looks pretty unhinged.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

[All I Want for Thankmas is You]

Oh, dear. Nim has picked up a shift here and there over a few summers. He's been blessed to never need to do it during the holidays. He's heard the horror stories.
    "But this isn't going to make people want to give gifts and things any less. And if all the electronics are blasting this song, they won't use the internet to get them.
    And that means they're all going to swarm the mall and make all the workers pull overtime to accommodate everyone and their orders, isn't it?"
    posits the shorter of the two half-elves.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Brimstone Park

Sekhmet takes on the concerned tone of a doctor trying to give her patient bad news. "I'm sorry. You're much worse." Sekhmet's essence touches Rose, or rather Alexandria. "You've been forcing all the corruption into one part of yourself. It's going to be very difficult to get it out." Then she indicates the blot of darkness representing the Hell portal. "And you've, uh, even internalized some of it to your uncorrupt parts." She gives the cosmic equivalent of a sigh. "Don't resist. This is going to hurt." That's when the pain begins, utter, excruciating, mind-numbing pain. Divorced from her body the way she is, Rose has no other sensation to focus on. The pain is all. Sekhmet is forcibly pulling strands of darkness out of Rose and Alexandria, and they do not want to be removed.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #187

[Brimstone Park]

Oh.

That isn't great.

Rose was just trying to make sure the part of her that wasn't wholly lost to depravity wouldn't become terrible, too! She doesn't want to be a meany!

"When I became Buttercup her Name filled all the nice, happy, kind parts of me and made them bigger and brighter. Your mother's 'cure' poisoned all those parts. Except for one, small, tiny piece of niceness that grew into me. I was just trying to protect the goodness I had left... I don't want to be cruel and terrible like Sapphira," Rose laments.

Then she gives a mental nod and braces herself.

It hurts.

It hurts so much.

But she can take it.

She has to.

There's no other way.

As the slime is removed from Alex' soul, the distinction between Rose and Alexandria becomes more and more fuzzy.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Brimstone Park

As she works, Sekhmet explains what she's doing. "The process she used to turn you into a devil is not something I can reverse. If I could, I would be able to become mortal again. So you see how the structure of my soul is different?" She means with the orbiting but separate darkness, rather than darkness on and throughout the soul. "I'm going to rebuild yours like that." She pulls a long strand of darkness free, wads it up into a ball, and then throws it. It finds its way into a lazy orbit around Rose. But there's still so much darkness left. Sekhmet grabs hold of another strand and begins pulling. She repeats the process several times. "When I'm finished, you'll be a devil. But you won't be beholden to your nature. Like I am."

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Michalson sighs once again. Well, he can't entirely blame this poor sod for being fed up with the powers that be exploiting people for monetary gain, but this just isn't any way to go about it.

"Sir, you can't really hope to combat forces of the market and commercialization by large-scale vandalism. All you've done is made people miserable. Including those you claim to protect. They also suffer due to this and won't even have a chance to relax when they're not workin'."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #190

[Brimstone Park]

Rose winces through the pain, biting down cries of agony. She's actually doing a pretty amazing job. She had spent a brief stint in hell back in her adventuring days before her friends raised her, so she's unfortunately familiar with soul-rending torment. She can endure it, but that doesn't make it any less terrible. By now the difference between Rose and Alexandria is almost wholly indistinct. The Names are being integrated the was they were meant to be. But until now, the masses of corruption were preventing the merger. By the time the third blob of darkness has begin orbiting her soul, there's only one Mask. Only one Name.

It's just Rose, now. Rose Simon Faust. She's going to have to get her ID cards changed again, isn't she?

"I'm both, aren't I? A devil AND a faerie? I'm still a gaiad. I still feel my connection to the park. But that hell portal is part of me, too."

Something else is going on as well.

A certain something that had caused Alexander to seek out Buttercup in the first place.

Having become a wholly new person, the old person of which has for all practical purposes perished, the soul-bound contracts have no legal merit. They were sworn by someone else.

No longer bound to Sapphira or Ashmodai OR Buttercup. Rose is, for the first time in years, actually free.

"I think I can live with this. This is better than being enslaved in life and death. Thank-OOW, thank you."

The kobold looks between the two half-elves, the madness in his eyes waning if only slightly.

"But... but it's so bad and unjolly! What should I do? What else CAN I do?"

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

[All I Want for Thanksmas is You]

"There's no real easy answer to that. You can try to inspire people to be better by showing them what real jolliness and holiday cheer looks like." He looks at the creature's shirt.
    "You could also maybe find a job at a smaller, less corporate store that understands tasteful music practices." Nim suggests.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

Brimstone Park

"We're not done yet." All the goop is orbiting Rose like very nasty planets. But there's still a hint of corruption inside her. The portal. "I don't know if I can safely get that outside you. It's pretty well rooted in there. I don't think even moving to a new park would help. It would probably move with you." She examines it a little more closely. "I'm not even going to try. The risk of me pulling other parts of you out with it would be too great." She has a very serious tone as she addresses Rose. "That means other demons and devils could enter this world through you. You'll need to keep a close eye on yourself." And with that, reality reimposes itself on Sekhmet and Rose. Ember is standing over them nervously as they finally begin to stir. "Are you okay?" Charcoal is right next to them. She still looks like something between a fire nymph and a succubus, but she has a compassionate expression. "You were out for almost an hour. We were starting to get worried."

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #193
    Bugbear in the Playground

[In the Painting]

June quickly stops and places the bed double in the wardrobe.

Can she just use cramps as an excuse again? Probably, but...then people would probably come by to check on her more frequently. Besides, she was really hoping to see others earlier. So maybe going there might actually be good. Sure, she's hungry, but...what if poisoning?

"Coming!" she calls back, then adds, "Still not feeling well, so I don't have much of an appetite."
    She closes the wardrobe, and comes to the door with the warm-water-bottle-in-the-pillowcase. "Arthur will be there, right?" she asks, and then opens the door to go there.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

14. - Top - End - #194

[Brimstone Park]

Oh yeah.

The hell portal.

"I know," Rose says, a hint of resolution in her voice. "I needed to make myself lava-proof to rescue Charcoal and rooting in this park was the only way to do it. But this is good! It's good that the portal is part of me instead of just some portal at the bottom of the caldera. It's probably just a matter of time before a devil notices it. But if it's part of me then I can control it. As Alexander I had lots of experience with infernal magic. I can do this. I can be the portal's gatekeeper."

It sounds like Rose knew more or less what she was getting into. It's an important job and someone has to do it. May as well be someone who's already tainted with infernal magic, right?

"Thank you, Sekhmet. You saved me from losing myself,"
    Rose says as the world fades in once more.

Ugh.

Rose feels like she got run over by a truck. "I'm okay..." she replies, her voice shaky. She doesn't sound okay. But she doesn't feel all goopy anymore. Nor does she feel completely unearned loyalty to Sapphira, either. And she doesn't feel like being a giant meany for no good reason. Her joy and kindness and niceness and positivity all feel a little bit gloomier than they should, but that's better than having them turned into a gross squelching black pit of corruption. She feels like something is different...

What...

She spread out one devilish wing connected to the shoulders of her lower body. Then glances back at the spade at the end of her tail. Her figure isn't just one of classical nymph-like beauty, it's alluring and enticing in the fashion typical of Sapphira's succubus servants. Much of her body is covered in pebbly, green stone scales so dark they're nearly black. Here and there her scales are speckled with lime green crystal, especially on her back hips. The scales cover her back and shoulders completely, but they leave the front of her body completely exposed, framing her bare chest, face, neck and belly. Ridges of overlapping scales run down the length of her spine both above and below, molten orange light shining out between them.

Rose is definitely a devil still. Even more so than she was before. But she's definitely still fae, too. She's both?

Standing, she runs her fingers through her hair, which reaches nearly down to her lower body now. The single blossom above her ear remains, but now there are a dozen or more new roses growing where the hair cascades over her back. Each is dark burgundy, the heart of the blossom glowing like an ember. Rose beats her wings a few times experimentally, frowning at them.

Then?

She smiles and reaches out with her great big wings to pull her three friends into a group hug.

"I'm fine. Way better than I was before. Thank you, Sekhmet for helping us. And Ember, Charcoal? Thank you for being worried for me. I want to be a good, responsible gaiad for the park and I would love having you two helping me. It might stink a little of brimstone here but I think we can make it really nice if we work together!"
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2020-11-22 at 02:24 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

The revolutionary spirit of... youth? How old is this berk, anyway? Michalson can't help but empathize. Maybe something good can come of this. He gave up most of his ideals, but other people don't have to.

"Once we've returned to my superiors and you've been tried for what you've done 'ere, I can recommend a number of forms of activism. To oppose exploitin' the workforce and encourage true generosity during this season and beyond. You can make a difference without makin' such a huge mess."

16. - Top - End - #196

The kobold glances between the pair, looking defiant for a brief moment.

Then his shoulders droop and he heaves a sigh.

"Alright... I'll stop..."

He turns toward the radio tower's control panel and pushes a large button, the 'On The Air' sign above the panel going dark.

All around the City the awful music stops.

Sweet, blissful silence!

Our heroes are victorious!

And, incidentally, the eyes of the Sphinx of Black Quartz stop glowing.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

All I Want for Thanksmas is You

Nim smiles. "You're doing the right thing."
    But that's that. Time to see Michalson off and let the detective do his thing with their perp.

A Meeting of Sphinxes

Chimera told her sister new friend/sibling Sphinx Nim about their friend Lydia who is a sphinx. Nim expressed some interest in meeting and possibly helping her, and she agreed to see him.
    So, Nim is off to Inside University to find Lydia's dorm. Luckily she should be expecting him. And he came after her afternoon classes were over.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Brimstone Park

Sekhmet, Ember, and Charcoal are hugged. It's all happy and everyone is relieved to have the fiendish ordeal over. Rose no doubt feels a kindred spirit with Charcoal. They are both succubi and nymphs. But the celebration is short-lived, because after standing for only a couple seconds, Sekhmet suddenly keels over. "Oh, uh, oh." She ends up lying in the ash on the ground, looking up at the three nymphs with a worried expression before passing out.
    That's not good.

In the Painting

"Of course he is."

June comes into the dining room. There the entire cast of this bizarre mystery is assembled. Arthur is seated at the head of the table, and Lilly, Ambrose, and a handsome young man who must be Edward. Lilly is making eyes at him, and he's not ignoring her. There's an open seat available next to Arthur.

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #199

[Brimstone Park]

It's all happiness and hugs and Sekhmet passing out on the ground.

Oh no!

The trio of nymphs are probably looking really worried now. Rose is the first to act, stopping down to gather Sekhmet up onto her back. She looks over at the other, two, worry on her face.

But also some degree of confidence?

"Wowie zowie, this is definitely looking like magical exhaustion. I'm going to get Sekhmet back to Trog's, okay? Her husband and some friends are there. Don't worry, everything will be okay!" Rose says before setting off back toward the tavern! Thankfully Trog's is never too far away. Also Thankfully, Rose remembers to conjure her dress and corset combo back onto herself before she makes it to the tavern. It won't be very long until Rose is trotting through the front door with her friend draped across her back.

Geeze.

What is WITH Sekhmet passing out during Thanksmas parties anyway? She hasn't even drunk anything yet!

[All Sphinxed Up]

Yep.

There it is.

Room 306 in the Abracadabra building. On his way up Nim probably noticed that some wise-guy put up festive posters of an Alakazam wearing a Santa hat all over the lobby.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Buttercup, you're Under Arrest!]

Ithuriel will return to discover that Buttercup has made an effigy out of vines and branches and flowers. It's sitting in the chair that Ithuriel was using while Buttercup reclines across from it. She's interrogating it with some really important questions like!

"This is the last time I'm asking, Mister Flowerface! What's your favorite type of pie!"
    [Buttercup, you're Under Arrest!]

Ithuriel sighs, shuts the door, quietly moves the effigy off her chair and sits herself back down.

"Thank you for waiting patiently, Buttercup. Based on our earlier conversation and when your leader interjected, I'm assuming she's aware of our discussion, is that correct?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

[All Sphinxed Up]

The rooms are all fairly big. This must be where the large students live. Or students that might periodically be large, like sometimes-sphinx Lydia.
    Nim knocks on the door. "Hello? Lydia? It's Nim, Tristan's friend." Nim remembers that Lambslaurel told him Lydia uses that name for them. And Nim can too, as long as he isn't in person with Chimera, in which case he always tends to call her Chimera.

22. - Top - End - #202

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Court of the Voice in the Deep]

The "court" is a building that might have been expensive once. Not opulent, but not something most people could hope to acquire without inheriting something. A small manor with two wings and a sizeable garden. The main means of entry seems to be a large door in the front. The place looks deserted now, but it also appears as though someone took some care to... spruce it up. The walls have been painted, but in different colors and half-finished at best. The lawn has been haphazardly cut here and there. A banner was hung above the doorway, but it's little more than an old rag. Is this where Intersection started getting diplomatic notes from?
    [Court of the Voice in the Deep]

All MERC members that have signed up for job have to go through a ritual Dena assigned Astrana to perform. It involves them symbolically giving the warlock ownership of their soul, spirit and name. Said ownership would be returned at the end of the job but apparently Dena considered it necessary considering what they might be dealing with here. Besides, there does not seem to be any side effects of this unless the characters players think there might be.

Astrana is of course not on the mission herself, she's back at the base as usual. Dena however have assigned some MERC members to take a closer look at the "court". If anyone asks them they're building inspectors and they're to inspect this building as it's supposed to be torn down to make room for yet another supermall. All other details of their story can be made up.

If there isn't much interest or people would prefer it, she can tag along to the building however. Otherwise she will be observing through binoculars in the distance.

23. - Top - End - #203

[Buttercup, You're Under Arrest?]

"Aaww... Mister Flowerface was just about to spill the beans..." Buttercup laments. Poor Buttercup. Now she might not EVER know what Mister Flowerface's favorite type of pie is!

But oh ho, now Ithuriel is asking the questions!

"I dunno! Maybe? Sometimes she just says things to me But it was only that one time so I'm not sure how often sometimes is."

In other words?

Who knows!

Buttercup sure doesn't.

"You could try saying things to Big Mama Buttercup and maybe she'll hear you?" Buttercup suggests. She's trying to be helpful!

[All Sphinxed Up]

"Come in! The door's unlocked," comes Lydia's voice from inside the room. Should Nim enter?

He'll find the sphinx laying on her back in the middle of the floor, a book held in her... wings?

Somehow?

There's definitely some sort of weird magic going on there since she's using her pinions like fingers.

When Nim comes inside she turns herself over and sets the book (written in Akkadian it would appear) on her desk. She's wearing a t-shirt which reads 'Books at the Best!' and has a picture of a little worm with glasses wearing a graduate's cap holding a book and an apple.

Gosh she is such a nerd.

"So you're Nimrod? The new bearer of Sphinx' mantle,"
    she says, eyeing him appraisingly. "You sure don't look it. But Tristan doesn't look much like Chimera when he's human, either."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

"I appreciate your cooperation, sir, and I'll make sure to mention it to my superiors." Michalson really didn't want to have to use coercion here. This worked out pretty well, all things considered. He turns to Nim. "And I appreciate your help in getting to the bottom of this."

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

[All Sphinxed Up]

Nim smiles to Lydia. He finds all of this strangely adorable. She has very nice wings. Really a rather amazing coat given the city conditions and- argh, he actually doesn't know to blame the biologist or the sphinx sides for that one.
    "Yes, that's right. Please, call me Nim. The mantle is...an odd thing. Tristan, all of them, all slip and call me Sister when I'm around them despite well, you know.
    Um. Aries said that you were probably going to be looking for a cure for yourself but you needed another sphinx for it. I was going to see if maybe my mantle would count for you."
    And Nim wants to be helpful to his sister's friends! He sets his bag down as he considers Lydia. He can certainly feel something like when he was around Chimera, just not the same. For Chimera it was sisterly. For Lydia it's an odd sense of yeah see look at all that knowledge-gathering and sitting around nice on her paws why aren't you doing that? Stupid sphinxy thoughts.

26. - Top - End - #206

Default Re: [Park Inspection]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "If you weren't so violent, maybe people would be more trusting!"
    "Ask your - questions."

The chariot is, upon closer inspection, something much larger that has been folded down into the size and shape of a chariot. It is made of unlikely materials such as polished brass and the sound of the ocean caught in a seashell. It is nominally pulled by birds, which convey it faster than any horse can go. There is always a finely made road in front of it, wherever it goes...for a while.
    As soon as an imp touches it, seatbelts sprout from the metal plating and attempt to secure the 'passenger'.
    The robed imp gestures at himself. "Me? Violent? Bah! I am the paragon of peace!" He declares with a dramatic air gesture. "But yes, the questions!" The imp clears his voice and looks back towards the woman who have just standing there silently all this time.

"The questions." He repeats pointetly and this time another imp carrying a tiny tome comes flying out of the woman and essentially collapses next to the imp boss who plucks it out of its hands and flips it open. "Let's see..." He remarks while turning back to the fey cat.

"First of all, do you have a name, or at least something I can call you? Would be mighty convenient." He points at the cat. "Second question, which is connected to the first one, do you belong to a group of fey and if so, what are they called and what ties them together?"

27. - Top - End - #207
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Park Inspection]

The chariot starts to slowly roll away with the imp that first touched it still strapped in.

"That's like five questions."
    The cat sighs. These little monsters who captured her are pretty incompetent, aren't they? Except for all the iron they had ready.
    "I have a name. You can call me 'Yone'." Separate answers.
    "I'm in a group. It doesn't have a name."
    "We all learned from the same teacher and are stuck in the Nexus."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2020-11-22 at 08:02 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #208

[In the Painting]

Oh, good. Lilly's still at it.

June comes in and immediately goes right next to Arthur.
    She thinks about it for a little bit...is he going to be abusive with everyone around? she wonders. Probably not.
    "Good evening," she says to him. She slides her chair a little closer to him, and glances up, hoping to see his reaction.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

In the Painting

Arthur looks surprised, but doesn't mention it. A meal is served, consisting of meat pies, mashed potatoes, gravy, and mushy peas. It's all quite tasty, but if June wants to fake being not hungry, she'd better not eat too much. Everyone else eats without hesitation, so if she was hoping to find out who the killer is that way, she'll probably be disappointed.

My Nexus characters

30. - Top - End - #210

Our heroes will be able to take the kobold in without any great trouble. Mission accomplished!

Good job guys, you saved Thanksmas maybe?

[All Sphinxed Up]

"Yes, Tristan had the same issue with Rupert," Lydia says. "He told me about the missing Orthros statue at the temple. Things are looking bleak there, I'm afraid."

Poor Orthros. Righty and Lefty didn't deserve to be smote by someone hunting Buttercups. Or maybe they weren't? Maybe something about their Buttercup'd condition did... something? And they just haven't gotten in contact with MAA yet? It can be hoped.

"I'm glad you're willing to help me with my predicament. It's actually quite simple. In order for me to return to human form I merely need to answer a riddle posed by another sphinx. So... I suppose we'll see whether or not you could as you are for the purpose of the cure."

She sits there at the ready.

Riddle away!