Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Emerald Dusk: 'Dark-Sun'-like PF1e Homebrew w/ 3pp materials (Spheres, etc.)

Did I miss something? Is there something kaiju related to this game?

So what is being settled on?

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Emerald Dusk: 'Dark-Sun'-like PF1e Homebrew w/ 3pp materials (Spheres, etc.)

There are supposed to be some mega flora/fauna that might try to kill us.

But yknow, if I can make a mega t rex fall prone, regular humanoid enemies wouldn't be an issue (;

3. - Top - End - #423

Quote Originally Posted by angelpalm View Post
    Did I miss something? Is there something kaiju related to this game?

So what is being settled on?
    Kaiju are not a big part of this setting.

I think we're still discussing things. We'll probably have to restart the thread.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Marcarius5555 View Post
    Kaiju are not a big part of this setting.

I think we're still discussing things. We'll probably have to restart the thread.
    Mm, let's do that. This has gotten messy.

5. - Top - End - #425

When I restart the thread I want to add in some more fluff and show off some of the maps -- does anyone know of a hosting site I can upload 1-2GB pngs? My map files are really big (like 30,000-45,000 pixels on a side).
    Last edited by Marcarius5555; 2020-12-16 at 06:58 AM.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ettin in the Playground

Well there is Anvil world builder that might be a thing to use. Otherwise google or Onedrive
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

7. - Top - End - #427

Imp

So we're restarting the thread, then?

I should note that my character, Esmerelda Reigh the Aethernaut||Voyager, is nearing completion. I think I just need to figure out Oath Points and skills and such. I could probably finish it after work today. Maybe even during lunch. I'd really appreciate a chance to play the character.

That said, if we're restarting the thread, I would suggest simplifying things. It might be better to just have a regular gestalt game at level 15, than a gestalt game at level 10 with advanced RP, mythic tiers, and 15 free Oath Points on top of our already existing Wealth By Level. Not that I don't like those things, of course, especially now that I've already done most of them, heh. I just think it would make things easier, and may streamline the process towards beginning the game.

Course on the other hand, I'm sure that there are already enough players who have already finished their characters, so it's probably for the best that the rules don't completely change on people.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Post Re: Emerald Dusk: 'Dark-Sun'-like PF1e Homebrew w/ 3pp materials (Spheres, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaouse View Post
    So we're restarting the thread, then?

I should note that my character, Esmerelda Reigh the Aethernaut||Voyager, is nearing completion. I think I just need to figure out Oath Points and skills and such. I could probably finish it after work today. Maybe even during lunch. I'd really appreciate a chance to play the character.

That said, if we're restarting the thread, I would suggest simplifying things. It might be better to just have a regular gestalt game at level 15, than a gestalt game at level 10 with advanced RP, mythic tiers, and 15 free Oath Points on top of our already existing Wealth By Level. Not that I don't like those things, of course, especially now that I've already done most of them, heh. I just think it would make things easier, and may streamline the process towards beginning the game.

Course on the other hand, I'm sure that there are already enough players who have already finished their characters, so it's probably for the best that the rules don't completely change on people.
    I actually sort of agree that 15th level gestalt has an enticing simplicity (heh ) compared to 10th gestalt+mythic+etc. Even if that means I have to scrap using my awesome archfey race.
    Last edited by HelixIconix; 2020-12-14 at 01:54 PM.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

A new and cleaned up thread would be greatly appreciated, and I agree with the suggestions above me regarding starting level, if thats not a problem.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ettin in the Playground

As long as it stays at least gestalt and over 3rd level, I'm good.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

11. - Top - End - #431
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I could go either way (10th level + mythic ou 15th level). However, I really like the mythic expertise to get a single passive ability without investing in a class

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

My build Idea doesnt really need the mythic levels and the morebase levels I have
    the more ice based stuff I can stuff on this character. So I am in favor of the 15th level simplicity.
    If people are afraid of the big old nasty plants we can up the base RP. Asteria looks interesting at first but feels limited and not alot of options, Oath points are ok, but they aren't a end all be all. I think just having the gestalt and the oath points would be simple enough.

13. - Top - End - #433

I'm mulling over the options, but it's clear I just need to set the rules and not make it a group discussion for this to move forward.

Also, I need to resolve the technology issues for this to work, otherwise I won't be able to share most of the important maps -- I need a platform to host 1-3gb images which I can link to on here or discord (if I compress them they'll just be a blurry mess, I have hex maps with millions of hexes for this world). Googledrive allows hosting, but it won't give an image preview for anything over 50mb, which means everyone will have to download each of the images, which isn't ideal, or even necessarily workable if we're trying to use something for a combat map.

14. - Top - End - #434

BlackDragon

I'm mulling over the options, but it's clear I just need to set the rules and not make it a group discussion for this to move forward.

Also, I need to resolve the technology issues for this to work, otherwise I won't be able to share most of the important maps -- I need a platform to host 1-3gb images which I can link to on here or discord (if I compress them they'll just be a blurry mess, I have hex maps with millions of hexes for this world). Googledrive allows hosting, but it won't give an image preview for anything over 50mb, which means everyone will have to download each of the images, which isn't ideal, or even necessarily workable if we're trying to use something for a combat map.
    It's possible the sheer scope of your cartography is beyond the limits of commonly available software.
    I almost never actually play with a map, so I'm curious to see them in use; however, if there are technological issues with hosting said maps, I'm totally fine with not having them.
    An option that might be worth exploring is Prezi -- you could slap each smaller section of the larger files into its own "bubble" and just make sure to arrange the "bubbles" to scale. *Shrug*

15. - Top - End - #435

Quote Originally Posted by HelixIconix View Post
    It's possible the sheer scope of your cartography is beyond the limits of commonly available software.
    I almost never actually play with a map, so I'm curious to see them in use; however, if there are technological issues with hosting said maps, I'm totally fine with not having them.
    An option that might be worth exploring is Prezi -- you could slap each smaller section of the larger files into its own "bubble" and just make sure to arrange the "bubbles" to scale. *Shrug*
    Honestly I'm probably not really that interested in running this if I can't find a decent method of sharing images that will be virtually impossible to describe meaningfully.
    Last edited by Marcarius5555; 2020-12-16 at 10:56 AM.

16. - Top - End - #436

Those images need to have their file sizes reduced drastically for a number of reasons

17. - Top - End - #437

Those images need to have their file sizes reduced drastically for a number of reasons
    That's super unhelpful.

18. - Top - End - #438

BlackDragon

That's super unhelpful.
    Well, along more assistive lines, I have a couple of questions and suggestions.
    1.) Are the maps you intend to use for battle spaces larger than 50mb? If so, is there a way to quickly modify them to be smaller without compromising the image or burning out your desire to invest the time into the game?
    2.) For the non-battle-space maps, downloading them individually and then taking screenshots or snapshots (for mobile or PC users, respectively) and then deleting the downloaded content from our devices would allow for focusing in on the important stuff while keeping the uploaded content available on Discord/whatever hosting option thingy if we need to revisit it.
    3.) The file size of those images is pretty ridonkulous. The largest image I have on my device covers my entire homebrew world and its cities in necessary (but admittedly not comprehensive) detail and it's less than 6 megabytes. To a certain extent, the observation that they need to be reduced is a valid answer to your conundrum, though admittedly the statement wasn't phrased in a constructive manner previously.

I still put forth the Prezi as a fancy way to do what you're aiming for. Is it going to be easy or quick? Maybe, it depends on how skilled you are with the application. The result, however, should be gorgeous if set up carefully and cleverly. And I believe you to be a rather capable individual if you were able to produce or utilize such industriously specific hex-grid maps for a roleplaying game.
    Last edited by HelixIconix; 2020-12-17 at 01:05 AM.

19. - Top - End - #439

Quote Originally Posted by HelixIconix View Post
    Well, along more assistive lines, I have a couple of questions and suggestions.
    1.) Are the maps you intend to use for battle spaces larger than 50mb? If so, is there a way to quickly modify them to be smaller without compromising the image or burning out your desire to invest the time into the game?
    2.) For the non-battle-space maps, downloading them individually and then taking screenshots or snapshots (for mobile or PC users, respectively) and then deleting the downloaded content from our devices would allow for focusing in on the important stuff while keeping the uploaded content available on Discord/whatever hosting option thingy if we need to revisit it.
    3.) The file size of those images is pretty ridonkulous. The largest image I have on my device covers my entire homebrew world and its cities in necessary (but admittedly not comprehensive) detail and it's less than 6 megabytes. To a certain extent, the observation that they need to be reduced is a valid answer to your conundrum, though admittedly the statement wasn't phrased in a constructive manner previously.

I still put forth the Prezi as a fancy way to do what you're aiming for. Is it going to be easy or quick? Maybe, it depends on how skilled you are with the application. The result, however, should be gorgeous if set up carefully and cleverly. And I believe you to be a rather capable individual if you were able to produce or utilize such industriously specific hex-grid maps for a roleplaying game.
    (1). Yes. I can modify anything by just drawing some stick figures on a googledocs to represent things, but I'm not really interested in that approach.

Can you give me some more information on the Prezi application? I'm not entirely clear on what you're proposing.

20. - Top - End - #440

BlackDragon

(1). Yes. I can modify anything by just drawing some stick figures on a googledocs to represent things, but I'm not really interested in that approach.

Can you give me some more information on the Prezi application? I'm not entirely clear on what you're proposing.
    With a Prezi, you essentially have a vague invisible bulletin board floating in empty space to pin groups of images together. Each group of images is part of the larger whole, but when actually viewing the presentation the perspective of the viewer sort of floats from one group of images to another. You could have the first "slide" of the show start with the entire world map, then set the next "slide" to just a battle map, and the view would zoom in on that portion of the world map where you've placed the battle map. It's like a superior version of Microsoft PowerPoint or Google Presentawhateveritscalled stored online.

21. - Top - End - #441

Still tying to wrap my head around expecting ppl to have load up a 3 gig map. Like imagine the logistics of that and what issues it might cause for players. Anyways I'm out. Think I am gonna give this entire site some time to cool down because it is seriously starting to aggravate me.

22. - Top - End - #442

Still tying to wrap my head around expecting ppl to have load up a 3 gig map. Like imagine the logistics of that and what issues it might cause for players. Anyways I'm out. Think I am gonna give this entire site some time to cool down because it is seriously starting to aggravate me.
    I think that's for the best; I find your comments kind of aggravating as well, and I don't think we could have played together.