Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Emerald Dusk: 'Dark-Sun'-like PF1e Homebrew w/ 3pp materials (Spheres, etc.)

I was hoping, if possible, to get a litte more sense about howw the mortals feel about the monstrous creatures of the planet. Are they deathlly sscared of thrm? Is it a constant desperate battle like pacific rim? Are they winning a war agaonst them? Or did they avtually manage to tame and use the crazily dangerous creatures of the world?

2. - Top - End - #392
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Emerald Dusk: 'Dark-Sun'-like PF1e Homebrew w/ 3pp materials (Spheres, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenblade View Post
    I was hoping, if possible, to get a litte more sense about howw the mortals feel about the monstrous creatures of the planet. Are they deathlly sscared of thrm? Is it a constant desperate battle like pacific rim? Are they winning a war agaonst them? Or did they avtually manage to tame and use the crazily dangerous creatures of the world?
    Most creatures are not kaiju, though there are some large entities like mountain-sized bulettes that live in the Sea of Sand. There are nomadic civilizations that live in the wastes, such as the rabbit-folk and other animorph mutants. They coexist w/ the mutated flora and fauna and hunt it for food.

On the subject of Kaiju, the world itself is an encrustation on the back of a cosmically enormous creature that looks something like an alligator snapping turtle.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Alright, thanks!

Rules wise, Im thinking it would still be cool to go 3.p, even use PoW/psionics/akasha to some degree - just no use spheres. I really like the spheres, but they tend to not mesh well with regular pf since each one focuses.on another type of mechanics, and the results are often pretty weird when combined.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cecil1994 View Post
    I don't think anyone disliked removing Mythic, but if anyone did, let me know!
    I'm kinda 50/50 on that. I do know mythic tends to exasperate the divide of martial vs caster even more, and tends to have a lot more of the Infinite +1 abilities as well. at the same time though, infinite AoO could be used for something still.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Alright, thanks!

Rules wise, Im thinking it would still be cool to go 3.p, even use PoW/psionics/akasha to some degree - just no use spheres. I really like the spheres, but they tend to not mesh well with regular pf since each one focuses.on another type of mechanics, and the results are often pretty weird when combined.
    Hm, my vote is probably for keeping spheres-- I am one half of a spherescaster, after all. But I'll drop it if that's what everyone is thinking. (Granted, my favorite half of my build is the Helmsman half, not the Necros half.)
    Last edited by cecil1994; 2020-11-30 at 10:18 AM.

6. - Top - End - #396

HalflingRogueGirl

I'm somewhat biased; spheres is my favorite system for pathfinder generally, so I am always in favor of its inclusion.
    All advice given with the caveat that you know your group better than I do. If that wasn't true, you'd be getting advice face-to-face. So I generalize.

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    are you asking us to do research into a setting you wrote yourself?

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm full on spheres here.

8. - Top - End - #398

Yeah this isnt a vote for what edition or base material. This was clearly a requested game with the requesting player posting multiple times. The only reason the other stuff is being discussed is because it was kinda of tacked on later and then found to be a bit too much. We have full on homebrew request (which I am still waiting on answers for) and what have you. I personally want to know about hp and about some of the temple states on enclaves that our characters might know about so my character can have a place to call home.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Let's say... roll for HP, take the average per dice roll if itd be higher (so, I roll xd10, and I get a 7, a 3, and a 10. 3 rounds up to a 5.5, so I'm at 22.5hp (rounds down at the end.)

As for the homebrew... I don't really see the need to bring Tome of Battle homebrew in. Path of War is a much better execution of the same concept-- specifically, these are a little worse for not using practitioner modifiers, and some other stuff. And Tome of Battle ropes in poorly thought out abilities like White Raven Tactics and Iron Heart Surge. Not opposed, though, especially if you use PoW disciplines instead of 3.5 ones.

10. - Top - End - #400

I'm talking about the Gm's take on HP lol, they already said we get max but were stating that we would get more hp due to the nature of the games environment.

edit: in regards to that homebrew stuff I linked(not the stuff I wrote personally) I was thinking of the feats shown and not the homebrew classes. That's on me since I linked to the whole thread as opposed to that single post.
    Last edited by angelpalm; 2020-11-30 at 04:56 PM.

11. - Top - End - #401

The Temple States in the immediate vicinity of the area I was planning on starting (in the South of Seapasia, the Lands of the Altar, Realm of the Temple-States), are Thaar the Golden, Suuur of the Lilac Horn, and Ukkur the Red and Terrible City, Q'i-X'ian the City of Gossamer and Silk, Merowa, Gleugon the City of Banshees/City of Screams. The other major cities (not ruled by Blight Dragons) are Chandhursur, Palcapan, Tremurin-Kreltpa, Shedrith, Graal, Aaramun, Draddoom, Bahrgheist.

Ukkur, Suuur, and Tha'ar were all formerly part of the kobold empire. I'll post some more later along with the area map, I have to go to work now.

Tha'ar the Golden was, until recently, the Temple State of Dreadmaster Kaltorr the Cruel, Scourge of Eberoth and the Lowlands. He and his brother Gedeyon were known as the 'usurpers' owing to their overthrow of the three members of the Obsidian Compact that had once ruled the two Temple States of the Valley of Giants, Tha'ar the Golden and Suuur of the Lilac Horn. Because of this event, they were perpetually at odds with the other member states of the Obsidian Compact. Over the millennia, the defensive alliance of the two brothers held off advances by Hambadan of Ukkur, the Dreadlord of the Obsidian Compact that took the greatest umbrage at the disposition of his fellows, and the forces of the Red and Terrible city have only penetrated the lowlands in the midst of the Flail Mountains on a handful of occasions.

During a rebellion just less than a year ago, Kaltorr disappeared under mysterious circumstances, and the Temple State has continued in an uncomfortable detente between the Warlocks who serve the departed absent Dreadlord and the members of the Rebellion who have convened thirteen ruling councils to conduct the affairs of the Temple State. In practice, the Warlocks continue the administration of the city-sized arcology known as the Golden Tower, the Garden District (also known as the Suspended District or the Hanging Quarter the Bowers of the Summit), and the Nobles District, and the councils of the Rebellion maintain an uncertain order in the remainder of the vast metropolis.

Towering over the rest of Tha'ar is the golden tower a vast arcology containing a 1,000 levels, soaring a dizzying 10,560 feet above the surrounding city, and some million rooms. It is believed that the city once contained at least four of these constructions in a previous incarnation, and they they are somehow linked to the Elemental Strongholds. The Golden Tower is about a mile in diameter, and is made of a virtually incalculable amount of pure gold. On it summit sprawl the palatial gardens of Kaltorr. In the center of the Dreadlord's former abode is a levitating tetrahedron of ominous appearance. The summit of the Golden Tower is obscured by the continuing presence of Kaltorr's Blight Shroud, an immense storm of dark energy that continues to empower the Dreadlord's Warlocks.
    Last edited by Marcarius5555; 2020-12-01 at 06:03 AM.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Will kobold's wlight build ability work to make me smaller for the purpose of the giantbane feat? Not RAW, but I feel like it could work?

13. - Top - End - #403

Will kobold's wlight build ability work to make me smaller for the purpose of the giantbane feat? Not RAW, but I feel like it could work?
    sure, why not.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Cool. Im going to make a mobile variation of the classic Jack b Quick build, heavily inspired from darths and droids' rendition of the blind guy in rogue 1.

15. - Top - End - #405

I get that we are massive forces or what have you but what are some street level stuff we could and would have to deal with in these temple states? I'm looking for ppl and places of interest that aren't rulers or demigods and what have you.

Any word on some of the other stuff I proposed?

@kaouse what did you think of my homebrew for voyager? Using standard action strikes or som attack actions with your augmented attacks lets this whole gestalt thing mesh a bit better without going to crazy you think?

16. - Top - End - #406

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by angelpalm View Post
    @kaouse what did you think of my homebrew for voyager? Using standard action strikes or som attack actions with your augmented attacks lets this whole gestalt thing mesh a bit better without going to crazy you think?
    I kind of think that it could very easily go overboard. Voyager is based around making a single attack, and can thus boost that attack with momentum and such. It's generally not a lot of damage, but including Path of War Strikes (like the one that literally multiplies damage if you succeed on a Sense Motive Check), or Spheres of Might attack actions like a Brutal Strike + Vital Strike, could cause issues, I think.

That said, I'm pretty sure I saw glimpses of people pulling out 1k damage per round or some such, so compared to that, allowing PoW/SoM actions to work with Augmented Attacks is the least of the GM's concerns. Besides, theoretically, pretty sure the Voyager could always optimize the psionic version of Telekinesis in order to deal ludicrous DPR. Even when that spell is broken up into two pieces, it's still absurdly strong when optimized. That's probably what I'll end up doing, cuz if someone calls my build/character broken, I don't want it to be because of homebrew, you get me?

That said, if homebrew is gonna be a thing...I would absolutely love to play classes from Kirthfinder

17. - Top - End - #407

Quote Originally Posted by angelpalm View Post
    I get that we are massive forces or what have you but what are some street level stuff we could and would have to deal with in these temple states? I'm looking for ppl and places of interest that aren't rulers or demigods and what have you.

Any word on some of the other stuff I proposed?

Tha'ar is divided between the districts ruled by the Warlocks and those that are under the current supervision of the Thirteen Councils. The Warlocks and their Ifrit servants are dominant in the Shadowed Districts, the areas that are literally covered by a huge supernatural shadow cast by the Golden Tower in all directions simultaneously from its periphery.

Half of the city is a ruin bounded within the city wall. It is apparent from the ruins that at least one previous incarnation of the city was probably ruled by one of the kobold realms which used to dominate this area.

To the west and east, there are large lakes which provide the fresh water that sustains the population. The jellyfish like ceptu live in the lakes. There are a series of rivers that run between the lakes and there are islands in these rivers. One is held by a trading caravanserai from Amlitkayek, a village built over a mana node of the Elemental Stronghold of Fire. It was until recently closed to the outside world, but the village elders known as the 'Holders of the Flame' have decided to attempt to make contact with the city following the Dreadlord's disappearance.

The Thirteen Councils that rule the areas not under the shadow of the Golden Tower are composed of emissaries from Preservation Bay, at set of previously unknown city-states to the south which are ruled by advanced beings known as Phoenixes, and who are allied with druids and powerful gnome illusionists, the trader clans, several mercenary clans, the assassin, thieves, and scout guilds, tribal representatives from the client villages of the Flail Mountains, and other notables who opposed the rule of Kaltorr. There is a large population of Ifrit that rejected their former slavery to the Warlocks that are the major population of the city. Many other races are also represented.

The city is partially built on top of a mountain that is shaped like a human face.

There are at least 100 levels of under-city, and there are large populations of cavians -- a ratfolk race with a psionic hive mind, that live in these warrens and now have a seat on the Ruling Councils. It is rumored that the lowest levels are controlled by a malign race of white gnomes that worship the immense wurms of the deep earth, as well as sinister cults dedicated to occult powers from before the beginning of time.

The Inverted Pyramid of Kaltorr is a tetrahedal depression that extends, apparently, miles into the earth. Several sets of narrow stairs wind around the outside of the perpetually darkened aperture in the earth. None have probed its depths fully.

One place of interest if the Tears of the Dragon Inn -- which occupies a converted noble bath from a previous incarnation of the city.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ettin in the Playground

So are we at 10 or 15? Mythic or not? I'll adjust after finding those out.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Post Re: Emerald Dusk: 'Dark-Sun'-like PF1e Homebrew w/ 3pp materials (Spheres, etc.)

I'm quite intrigued by this game, but I'm not sure if I want to take the time to make a level 10, mythic tier 1 character only for either A) the character to not make the cut or B) for the game to die out.
    I see plenty of collective decision-making regarding character creation, but are there measures that can be taken to ensure player consistency? Does our GM have a particular preference for certain kinds of characters?

I'm willing to make and play whatever concept required if it gets me in this game -- the lore is fantastic (it helps that I love Dark Sun), the creativity and flexibility with the starting rules is gracious, and simply having a GM willing to run this beast is spectacular -- and I will find plenty of enjoyment filling any narrative role I am assigned as long as the game doesn't burn out and our GM enjoys running it.

If there is no preference, I might go for some sort of humble badass, maybe somebody who once lived an ordinary city life with a wife and kids but in the past served as a magic wielding child soldier or experienced blight-induced trauma that awakened powers that he secretly trained every day (maybe with a teacher and/or other trainees) until he joined the group and his powers were needed. Maybe a prodigy//shifter or mageknight//braggart? I dunno what I want to do yet, but I promise I'll make a character that'll "Wow!" our GM if I acquire reassurance that the investment is worth the return; I also promise my roleplaying and decision-making will be worth picking me as a player. <3

Edits: I fixed some punctuation and spelling errors. Whoops!
    Last edited by HelixIconix; 2020-12-12 at 01:42 AM.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I am still interested if we don't have to go nuclear anymore.

21. - Top - End - #411

I'm still here -- honestly, I think we need to restart the thread at this point b/c it's become kind of a mess with all the back and forth.

Before I do that, let's discuss more what kind of game we would want to conduct, and I'll describe some more of the world so that you can have an idea of the options. One obvious question we have to deal with from the outset is whether we'll do more of a sandbox/marchlands kind of campaign, or something more railroad-ish. I personally tend more to the sandbox style where there's just a bunch of stuff going on, and the story develops somewhat haphazardly out of character decisions.

There are four different continents I already have in mind -- there are 2 halves to this world. One hemisphere is dominated by the 'Sea of Sand' -- this is the hemisphere with the continent we've been discussing, which contains the 'temple states'. There is another continent on this side of the planet that is sort of a dark al-qadim mixed with inspiration from Dragonlance 5th age, in that it has dragon overlords who are at war with the dreadlords of the temple states.

The other side of the planet has two additional continents on opposite sides of a continent-sized impact crater surrounded by mountains. This side has an ocean of water, but one continent is surrounded by a sea of blood. These two continents are sort of inspired by the scarred lands setting and Earthdawn. I'm planning to start in the 'Temple States' region, but the adventures could go far afield, especially since there is an active portal network out of the temple states (the Dreadlords used the portals at the end of the Wars of Purification to colonize and enslave large populations from other regions of the planet).
    Last edited by Marcarius5555; 2020-12-12 at 04:14 PM.

22. - Top - End - #412

BlackDragon

Post Re: Emerald Dusk: 'Dark-Sun'-like PF1e Homebrew w/ 3pp materials (Spheres, etc.)

I'm open to a new thread.
    I like sandbox games where I can find direction naturally by way of interacting with other characters.
    I'm primarily interested in the temple states, but if adventure calls us to other lands, I approve of exploring other locales (provided we have acquired narrative reasons to do so).
    A big part of making sandbox games work is making sure the PCs have enough background chemistry to make their own decisions on where to go without blindly stumbling through events -- accidentally coming across events already in motion is a surefire method to transform a totally acceptable chaotic neutral party into a despicable crew of murderhobos.
    Last edited by HelixIconix; 2020-12-12 at 07:18 PM.

23. - Top - End - #413

Quote Originally Posted by HelixIconix View Post
    I'm open to a new thread.
    I like sandbox games where I can find direction naturally by way of interacting with other characters.
    I'm primarily interested in the temple states, but if adventure calls us to other lands, I approve of exploring other locales (provided we have acquired narrative reasons to do so).
    A big part of making sandbox games work is making sure the PCs have enough background chemistry to make their own decisions on where to go without blindly stumbling through events -- accidentally coming across events already in motion is a surefire method to transform a totally acceptable chaotic neutral party into a despicable crew of murderhobos.
    There are several different options for the temple states -- Tha'ar is one of the more obvious choices for me because it has a ready-made conflict in the disappearance of its ruler, and the ambiguity surrounding that situation.

Ukkur the red and terrible city is a massive fortification on the edge of the Hell Waste, a massive red desert whose heart holds an ichorous ocean created from the remains of the god of war when he fell to earth during the Godswar at the end of the Eighth Age. It also has warforged made out of obsidian that contain the spirits of the city's previous kobold rulers. Wemics, manticora and tieflings are also prominent races, alongside ifrit, in this temple-state.

Ralhul is based on Mughal India and has a rakshasa secret society that controls its criminal underworld.

There are several temple-states with essentially ancient near eastern cultures -- this is the native cultural complex of the region. There are also strong admixtures of influences from far eastern, south eastern, and mesoamerican analogs, but all those non near eastern cultures represent the afore-mentioned colonization and deportation of disparate communities through the portals.

24. - Top - End - #414

BlackDragon

Yeah, if I get to play, I think I'd like to start in Tha'ar and move on to the other temple-states organically.

Where do fey fit in all this beautiful mess?
    Last edited by HelixIconix; 2020-12-12 at 10:39 PM.

25. - Top - End - #415

Yeah, if I get to play, I think I'd like to start in Tha'ar and move on to the other temple-states organically.

Where do fey fit in all this beautiful mess?
    Does 'fey' connote elves or a more general category that includes gnomes (or is it something else)? It depends what that refers to.

26. - Top - End - #416

BlackDragon

As in, creatures of the fey type: satyrs, dryads, sprites, nymphs, along with the more monstrous kinds, plus (potentially) fey races.
    I was jostling around some ideas involving the fallen fey sphere and thought I'd ask about them.

27. - Top - End - #417

As in, creatures of the fey type: satyrs, dryads, sprites, nymphs, along with the more monstrous kinds, plus (potentially) fey races.
    I was jostling around some ideas involving the fallen fey sphere and thought I'd ask about them.
    Nymphs and half-nymphs are associated with areas connected to the Elemental Strongholds (elemental planes) of Water, Rain, and Mist, such as the mangrove sea and the temple state of Calital within the Slothaurim Jungles of northern Seapasia (i.e., the Lands of the Altar, the Domination of the Temple States). The Dreadlord of Calital is said to have a harem of half-nymphs.

Another place fey can be found is the Serrated Savannah and the Hornbreaker Forest, on the north western edge of the Domination of the Temple States. This area encompassed the former empires of the Sun and Moon, the domain of the yueyangren (oriental adventures elf-like race). Here, they pursue a tenuous existence in competition with the pyro and cryo- mantilid khaganates of the Serrated Savannah for domination of their habitat.

There was an elemental plane of farie that was a coterminous realm of the material plane in this cosmology but, like the other outer planes, it was corrupted by the war in the heavens at the end of the eighth age, and now is a dark, crazed, and feral locale.
    Last edited by Marcarius5555; 2020-12-13 at 12:33 AM.

28. - Top - End - #418

BlackDragon

Well, my idea may fit snugly. If not I'll keep it for NPC usage in my games.

Archfey (39 rp)
    Spoiler
    Show

• Description: What little information exists regarding the archfey comes from notes and scraps written by otherworldly travelers. Supposedly, the archfey were all originally elemental creatures of the fey realm that happened to evolve and thrive alongside the other elemental races by planting splintered pieces of themselves in mortals across the world, like spiritual seeds, before they succumbed to annihilation during the war in the heavens. An archfey can be born to a member of any race, and transitions through metamorphosis into a more fey-like version of its "larval" mortal form, then immediately ceases to age. All archfey have elvish and orcish attributes (including slightly pointed ears and minimally tusk-like lower canine teeth) as an unwanted side effect of the magic that splintered them; this is part of the reason why an archfey must reach maturity before it can metamorphose into its true form.
    • Size and type: Medium humanoid (elf, orc)
    • Ability scores: +2 to any two ability scores. Note that some archfey take after the more hideous and diabolical kinds of fey, replacing their flexible ability score choices with the standard racial ability score arrangement. Such archfey don't get a +2 bonus to two ability scores during character creation. Instead, they suffer -2 Cha and lose the orc ferocity, darkvision 60 ft., and low-light vision racial traits in exchange for +2 Str, +2 Int, and the ferocity and darkvision 120 ft. racial traits.
    • Racial traits: Elven immunities (as an elf), orc ferocity (as an orc), darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, multitalented (as a half-elf)
    • Fey development: Each archfey has a caster level equal to its racial hit dice and a spell pool with a number of spell points equal to its racial hit dice plus its highest mental ability score modifier, both of which stack with caster levels and spell pools from other sources normally (the minimum total caster level for a sphere effect is 1, and the minimum total number of spell points in a spell pool is 0). An archfey receives the fallen fey sphere with the terrain-bonded drawback (and one of the bonus talent options provided by that drawback), plus the fey beauty, greater fey-link, and stunning glance talents as bonus talents. An archfey that reaches its 10th character level gains the blinding beauty and bound to nature advanced talents as bonus talents (even if it doesn't meet the prerequisites), and an archfey that reaches 15th character level gains the fey initiation advanced talent as a bonus talent (even if it doesn't meet the prerequisites). An archfey always reincarnates as an archfey (though typically with the humanoid type), since its spiritual seed is what makes the race, not the physical shape.
    • Other notes: An archfey can advance by class level or by racial hit dice according to its type; however, if it becomes a fey through the fey initiation advanced talent, only the new racial hit dice it continues to accrue will be fey hit dice, and all previously gained racial hit dice will remain humanoid hit dice.

So basically these guys were fey that cleverly cursed themselves into mortal bodies to avoid extinction, like a super-mega version of the reincarnate spell that helped them go into hiding on Serinba'al. There would be relatively few of them, but not so few that a dreadlord "collector" wouldn't be able to get a couple dozen as special slaves to show off. Not the most prized portion of the menagerie, but definitely worth being on display in the front instead of kept in the pens out back.

Spoiler: Inspired to start making a character
    Show

The more I read your setting the more I am excited to delve into it. Even if we don't get to play a lot, I'd like to get into the nitty-gritty of your game world and interact with some of the big names and tour the hotspots that make it so delicious to read about!
    Thus, against my better judgement I now ask: do you know what Kellus's gramarie system is, and if so, how would you feel if I made a character using gramarie and spheres?
    Last edited by HelixIconix; 2020-12-13 at 01:37 PM.

29. - Top - End - #419

Well, my idea may fit snugly. If not I'll keep it for NPC usage in my games.

Archfey (39 rp)
    Spoiler
    Show

• Description: What little information exists regarding the archfey comes from notes and scraps written by otherworldly travelers. Supposedly, the archfey were all originally elemental creatures of the fey realm that happened to evolve and thrive alongside the other elemental races by planting splintered pieces of themselves in mortals across the world, like spiritual seeds, before they succumbed to annihilation during the war in the heavens. An archfey can be born to a member of any race, and transitions through metamorphosis into a more fey-like version of its "larval" mortal form, then immediately ceases to age. All archfey have elvish and orcish attributes (including slightly pointed ears and minimally tusk-like lower canine teeth) as an unwanted side effect of the magic that splintered them; this is part of the reason why an archfey must reach maturity before it can metamorphose into its true form.
    • Size and type: Medium humanoid (elf, orc)
    • Ability scores: +2 to any two ability scores. Note that some archfey take after the more hideous and diabolical kinds of fey, replacing their flexible ability score choices with the standard racial ability score arrangement. Such archfey don't get a +2 bonus to two ability scores during character creation. Instead, they suffer -2 Cha and lose the orc ferocity, darkvision 60 ft., and low-light vision racial traits in exchange for +2 Str, +2 Int, and the ferocity and darkvision 120 ft. racial traits.
    • Racial traits: Elven immunities (as an elf), orc ferocity (as an orc), darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, multitalented (as a half-elf)
    • Fey development: Each archfey has a caster level equal to its racial hit dice and a spell pool with a number of spell points equal to its racial hit dice plus its highest mental ability score modifier, both of which stack with caster levels and spell pools from other sources normally (the minimum total caster level for a sphere effect is 1, and the minimum total number of spell points in a spell pool is 0). An archfey receives the fallen fey sphere with the terrain-bonded drawback (and one of the bonus talent options provided by that drawback), plus the fey beauty, greater fey-link, and stunning glance talents as bonus talents. An archfey that reaches its 10th character level gains the blinding beauty and bound to nature advanced talents as bonus talents (even if it doesn't meet the prerequisites), and an archfey that reaches 15th character level gains the fey initiation advanced talent as a bonus talent (even if it doesn't meet the prerequisites).
    • Other notes: An archfey can advance by class level or by racial hit dice according to its type; however, if it becomes a fey through the fey initiation advanced talent, only the new racial hit dice it continues to accrue will be fey hit dice, and all previously gained racial hit dice will remain humanoid hit dice.

So basically these guys were fey that cleverly cursed themselves into mortal bodies to avoid extinction, like a super-mega version of the reincarnate spell that helped them go into hiding on Serinba'al. There would be relatively few of them, but not so few that a dreadlord "collector" wouldn't be able to get a couple dozen as special slaves to show off. Not the most prized portion of the menagerie, but definitely worth being on display in the front instead of kept in the pens out back.

Spoiler: Inspired to start making a character
    Show

The more I read your setting the more I am excited to delve into it. Even if we don't get to play a lot, I'd like to get into the nitty-gritty of your game world and interact with some of the big names and tour the hotspots that make it so delicious to read about!
    Thus, against my better judgement I now ask: do you know what Kellus's gramarie system is, and if so, how would you feel if I made a character using gramarie and spheres?
    The arch fey idea works well with my fluff

I am aware of gramarie and in fact tried to get a game together on this board last year. I personally don't have any problem with it -- in fact I could see it as one side of the 'magical' forces -- there is a power of entropy, balance, and of creation. These can be powered by the elements of earth, air, fire, water, magma, sun, mist, frost, rain, crystal, metal, or silt.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

I have one side of a build for a kaiju killer

Spawn slayer mercenary, using he drag combat maneuver with a whip. Still need to figure out the other side.