New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: A Very Trog's Thanksmas

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "If I do, I don't think i get it back on." He says.
    "HALO is an organisation that does good stuff by beating up the bad guys. I'm not the beating up type but I help them know how to beat them up."
    "Oh, oh, oh, okay. So, you walk forward, and then turn when you get to me!" Having made this suggestion, the little dragon races off to where Mr. C's current path would put him closest to the Christmas tree.

"Why do they need to know how? Can't they just bite the bad guys and then it's done?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

[Foxy Thanksmas]

"Yeah, no one said Santa can't do the lap-sitting." Brinika nods solemnly.

"Is a fox like a wolf?" Zeerva suddenly asks. "There's always lots of wolves here. There's wolves at home too but we're not allowed to get near."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

Deck the Halls

"Hello, Solstice, I'm Mishnehel. Also known as Brianelle, that was the name my mother gave me. Mishnehel's something that came up quite recently." She's not sure where it came from; she should really ask Zee about that, see if she knows.

Mishnehel starts to climb down now, all the tinsel up. A bit late, since the party's started, but... Well, something should always be late, that's only good luck.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mags and Blanche and Anika - Magtok is NOT a Doom Boss

”Er, a cyborg is someone who’s replaced parts of their body with machinery, either-“ Blanche trails off as Magtok stalks back over to the two. Her gaze turns steely and she steps protectively in front of Anika. ”You know what she meant.”
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Throne of Power]

"Okay. Well..."
    Since that's it, there's no more reason to sit, then, right?
    "Um. Thanks," June says.

He then stands so someone else can have their turn. "Nice talking to you." And he remembers to pick back up the scarf-and-chocolate, too.
    [Throne of Power -> Elsewhere]

"You're welcome," Raven says with more than a little self-appreciation.

After he's gone though, no one comes up immediately so Raven bails from the throne. She expected tribute not... lap sitting! It was dangerously close to embarrassing! One tribute is good enough for a holiday so she grabs her box and move to another section of the party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Deck the Halls

Solstice smiles softly and says, "Well, I am pleased to meet you Mishnehel. I do understand what it can be like to go by different names. Though.. I suppose how you came about them is none of my business." With that, she shrugs. Seemed like yet more confusing stuff she probably shouldn't be delving into, even if she was welcome to.

The smile persists as she realizes the tinsel must have all been taken care of now. "Ah, very good. I think all that is left is the rest of these baubles?" Solstice picks one of the glass ornaments up, admiring it, and places it on a garland near the tinsel they just strung up.

7. - Top - End - #187

[Location tags, in MY trog's?!]

Anika looks quite impressed as Lapis explains what her family has been doing though she can't help but to wonder how old everyone was. With Lapis family, you could never know despite everyone looking pretty young. Then there was that super-complex name in all the other one's which Anika knew she'd forget in a few seconds. Long names were the worst, which exactly why her sister was called Shanti and not Shantariel.

Once Lapis gets Sardus (whose name was mercifully easy to remember) attention, the druid cheerfully waves at him. It was really too bad she hadn't brought any gifts to them. Hadn't thought of that at all. "Wow, you and your sliblings are all really badass. But how old are you guys though? I mean, my mom wouldn't even let me cross the road alone when I looked like you guys." She remarks with a chuckle.

[Mithar Thankmas]

Cessie is from a rather cold country so it's no surprise that she wears thick outdoors clothing as is benefiting the winter season.
    However, she have also dressed up all her three children in the same amount of wool garments and considering how small they all still are it looks like they can hardly move as she leads them all inside trog's.
    The mage is giving the establishment a skeptical look as she was afraid that a party in a establishment that served alcohol would be far from child friendly. Not to mention of all the rumors she had heard of what supposedly happened on the second floor of trog's, not to mention what was supposed to lurk underneath it.
    She can't spot any immediate child-unfriendly violations however and turns to help her children off with all their clothes. Thankfully Garn came along so he can take them all instead of having to trust a public cloth hanger.
    "Alright kids, we're here. I want you to have fun but you remember the rules, keep yourself to the public room. Don't go through any doors unless it leads to the bathrooms, alright?"

8. - Top - End - #188
    Barbarian in the Playground

Noting Anika's consternation at one of the names, Lapis adds. "We just mostly called him Navvy, he doesn't mind."

Then she lowers her tone a little and whispers.

"Mom adopted him. His real mom was killed by really mean faeries and he was hurt really bad, but mom fixed him up so now he lives here at Trog's with her. He's still a really great brother though, I love him lots," Lapis explains.

And then a very important question!

"Umm, well, Sardus is a few months older than I am," Lapis replies thoughtfully. "He's TWO whole years old. I'll be two in January! That's next month."

What.

She's only two years old? How is she even able to walk around and talk and use swords if she's so young? Then again, did Anika ever fight any evil dragons when she was adventuring? They always had all those whelps all over the place and they still fought even if they weren't nearly as dangerous as a full grown dragon.

And then the Mithars arrive! Lapis smiles a huge smile as soon as she spots a certain fire-haired girl all bundled up in a completely silly looking mass of clothing. "Cora's here!" she informs Anika.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

9. - Top - End - #189

[Throne of Power]

"Okay. Well..."
    Since that's it, there's no more reason to sit, then, right?
    "Um. Thanks," June says.

He then stands so someone else can have their turn. "Nice talking to you." And he remembers to pick back up the scarf-and-chocolate, too.
    A winged1 woman2 in a tacky Thanksmas sweater3 looks over to June while passing by, and pauses to offer a critique.
    "I don't think you did that correctly. I'm told that one is supposed to get a gift."

1 - Actually tentacles, but their whole appearance is draped in concealing illusion
    2 - More of a semi-feminine but largely genderless bug monster
    3 - Which, if you look extremely closely is more of am ominous hooded robe
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2020-12-04 at 11:28 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #190

[A winged1 woman2 in a tacky Thanksmas sweater3]

June, meanwhile, is a pretty androgynous redhead with a hoodie and currently no piercings although that may change soon.

He looks at the Thanksmas-sweater woman speaking to him. "Are you sure?" he asks. He twists and glances back at the now-vacant throne. (The twisting is a little unnatural based on how far and what parts twisted, but that's just because he's not quite used to his limits yet. Nothing to worry about, he'll get the kinks out sooner or later)

"Raven seemed to see nothing wrong with what I did, so..."
    He shrugs.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

11. - Top - End - #191

[A pretty1 redhead2 in a hoodie3]

"Somewhat sure. I have been to a Thanksmas before," To help a family member who caught fire, and not for any gift-giving purposes. "-and that wasn't normal."
    Spike notices June's unusual flexibility, but doesn't comment on it.
    "Is the holiday new to you? Here, you can take a gift if you want."
    They get out a tray of what seem to be small bottles wrapped in cheery thanksmas paper.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

Foxy Thanksmas

"Right! I can do it." Jade looks over at the throne and sees the catgirl abdicating. "Ooh, she left, I'm going to go over there soon." She stops when the one goblin child asks if foxes are like wolves. "We're related to wolves. We're both canines and we live in a lot of the same places." But obviously foxes are smaller and cuter and more colorful! Clearly the better option.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #193

Magtok was willing to put up with overhearing a lot of nonsense and trash, so long as he successfully got away from Anika and Blanche. It's that last line that has him turning around and marching back up to the loathsome elf, though. Scowling and steaming, he narrows his eyes as he strides back over and glares right at her stupid elfy face.

"I am nothing like Blanche's dad," he insists. If looks could kill, that nasty scowl sent Anika's way would probably be roughly equivalent to an orbital bombardment.

"And I'm also not a demon," he insists after a brief pause, without half as much venom. The demon bit isn't the important part, after all; it's the not-Reinholdt thing we need to stress above all else. Demons are people too, probably, I guess? I don't know, Magtok doesn't mess around with them. I don't think he's even spoken to one since he left AMEN, and that was aaaaaaages ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post

”Er, a cyborg is someone who’s replaced parts of their body with machinery, either-“ Blanche trails off as Magtok stalks back over to the two. Her gaze turns steely and she steps protectively in front of Anika. ”You know what she meant.”

Anika don't even manage to hear Blanche's explanation as her attention is immediately grabbed by Magtok. She blinks, not having expecting the guy to either having overheard or coming marching in like this. His one metal-eye looked so weird this close-up. Though this situations one of those times when Anika actually remembered the manners her parents had drilled into her skull so long ago. "Er, sorry, sir. I didn't mean any offense. It's just... uh." The druid gestures at Blanche. "What she said."

14. - Top - End - #194
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Darker Corner]

As Zara manipulates the box and wraps it, a small amount of some kind of cold, wet pinkish ooze will seep out from the corner. It's probably normal and nothing to worry about. The box does indeed look very fancy once properly wrapped though, by most standards. Sasha must have some very high standards or something. She doesn't even crack a smile!

But she can answer the question about if she eats. Of course Sasha eats. A tendril will rise from the darkness holding a rusted, poorly fastened cage of some very alive, somewhat malnourished and diseased looking rats. These rats are in something of a torpor, at least at first. Wherever the darkness below the world of light goes, it seems to induce a bit of lethargy upon those held there for an extended period of time. The rats will start to come to in time with all the festive melodies and sounds, squeaking with joy. Or perhaps a desire to escape. Sasha doesn't speak rat, only eats rat.
    [Darker Corner]

Zara notices the ooze and inwardly wonders what it could be. The only things she can think of are organic in nature, but she puts it out of her mind for the time being, in favour of finishing the wrapping. With this being the case, she'd be more reluctant to place the box under the tree. Thus, she places it in a position that makes it easy to retrieve, should her suspicions be proven correct. She's unfazed by Sasha's lack of a smile, however. Perhaps, it simply is that she can't smile!

When the tendril rises up, Zara focuses her attention on the cage. Looking blankly at it with that perpetual smile of hers, she seems to have a delayed reaction. "Oh my!" She gasps, covering her mouth with one hand. "That cage is poorly locked! Good thing that where you keep it weakens the rats. Wouldn't want your food to run away now, right?" She winks at Sasha. "If you eat rat, then perhaps you eat meat too. Maybe cookies too, they're sweet and yummy!" She seems unfazed by the revelation, after all.

"Oo, how about letting Zara get you a cage for Thanksmas, so your food will be more securely kept? You'd like that, right Sasha?" There's something that has beenon Zara's mind, however, so she stretches her hand like rubber, alllll the way over to the tree, and grabs Sasha's gift. Once she's returned her hand to normal length, she holds it up for Sasha to see. "Zara'll say some words, and she wants you to nod when she correctly guesses what's in the box, okaaay? Okay!"

She takes in a deep breath, then begins! "Is it... food? Meat? ... rat?"a

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Zaabi

Abi grins as she feels Zara behind her. She'll turn around to hug the ex-assassin back, and grins. "Hi! I've got a gift for you." The one she's put down is one for the white elephant gift exchange. She's going to reach into a pocket and pull out a small box, about ten centimetres long and five wide and tall.
    [Zaabi]

Zara kisses Abi's cheek just as the hug ends, and squees when presented with a gift. She bounces up and down on the spot, all giddy like a little girl... but then, she does act quite like a little girl in general. "Yaaay, you got Zara a gift! What is it?" Her eyes study the box as she collects it, wondering if it's a knife or something. She'd love a knife, one she can lick all threateningly at foes who dare hurt those she's chosen.

Before she opens her gift, however, she presents one to Abi. "Zara got a gift for Abi, too!" She presents a rectangular box that's slightly longer than it is wide. "Happy thanksmas, Abi!"

The exchange done, she quickly tears open the box to see what's inside.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

15. - Top - End - #195

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post

Noting Anika's consternation at one of the names, Lapis adds. "We just mostly called him Navvy, he doesn't mind."

Then she lowers her tone a little and whispers.

"Mom adopted him. His real mom was killed by really mean faeries and he was hurt really bad, but mom fixed him up so now he lives here at Trog's with her. He's still a really great brother though, I love him lots," Lapis explains.

And then a very important question!

"Umm, well, Sardus is a few months older than I am," Lapis replies thoughtfully. "He's TWO whole years old. I'll be two in January! That's next month."

What.

She's only two years old? How is she even able to walk around and talk and use swords if she's so young? Then again, did Anika ever fight any evil dragons when she was adventuring? They always had all those whelps all over the place and they still fought even if they weren't nearly as dangerous as a full grown dragon.

And then the Mithars arrive! Lapis smiles a huge smile as soon as she spots a certain fire-haired girl all bundled up in a completely silly looking mass of clothing. "Cora's here!" she informs Anika.

Anika mouths a "oh" at Lapis whisper, how awful! What a poor little guy.
    But before she can put any further thought into 'Navvy', Lapis answers her question which makes her raise an eyebrow. She knew Lapis and her siblings were different from others but she would never have guessed they were that young. Most spirits and stuff were a lot older but she couldn't recall anyone that were younger. How weird.

"...so where did you learn..." Anika thoughtfully starts to formulate a follow-up question when Cessie's brood enters trog's. "Oh sweet." She turns to look at the door and can't help but to snicker a bit. "Boy, that takes me back. My mom used to dress me up like that too. They're all doing the little golem-walk." She remarks with a laugh.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-12-05 at 01:58 AM.

16. - Top - End - #196

[A winged1 woman2 in a sweater3]

"It's my first time," June confirms, "but I've celebrated a functionally similar holiday that spans late spring and early summer." So not, like, brand-new celebrating this holiday.

He looks at the wrapped bottles on a tray. "Um. Sure," he says. He reaches to grab one, and with his other hand gets the purple-scarf-wrapped-around-a-chocolate-orange from his jacket pocket. "If you'd like a present, too, you can have this one."

June looks at the wrapped bottle and gives it a gentle squeeze and a finger-tap. "So, it feels fragile," he says. "Is it something I should open soon?"
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-12-04 at 04:31 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

FLOOFbegone

Gara shrugs to Lucas and- oh hey candy!
    "Thanks, Miss." she says as she plucks some from the bowl to pass around and pops one into her mouth.
    "Hmmmm. Not bad. Definitely better than the drink." This probably makes sense. It is candy, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    Time got a little fuzzy for Karaglen up in the rafter.
    One minute she's draping her newest design all over the place, then she hears someone calling out to her and...things skip forward a bit? Probably just dead time.
    Looks like Lapis wisely moved on anyway.

If G'nichi is paying attention, he'll see Kara drop down to the floor in the back, in her half-drow girl form. Her intention here is to sneak to another box of supplies she left near the bar, but she is easily intercepted if he would like.
    G'nichi spots Kara and hurries over, the boxes still in his oversized arms.
    "Hi Kara! Merry thanksmas!" he calls as he goes over.
    Oh no Kara, your cover has been blown!
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2020-12-05 at 06:24 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

18. - Top - End - #198

Spoiler: [Floofbegon
    Show
    ]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Floofbegon]

"I can understand that. A warm drink is better when it's cold," Lucas agrees. Then looks quizzically at Gara. "Wait, they aren't? I thought they were just like... sugar covered plums or something?"

"NOPE!" announces Zee, who's just sort of there all of a sudden holding a bowl. "Here you go! Sugar plums! I might not be a faerie but I male them myself each year! The white ones are plum, the red ones are strawberry, and the green ones are apricot! They're dried, spiced fruit with a candy shell. Sort of like M&Ms, just with fruit instead of chocolate!"

She jiggles the bowl at the various people milling about, offering them some candies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    FLOOFbegone

Gara shrugs to Lucas and- oh hey candy!
    "Thanks, Miss." she says as she plucks some from the bowl to pass around and pops one into her mouth.
    "Hmmmm. Not bad. Definitely better than the drink." This probably makes sense. It is candy, after all.

[Floofbegon]

Mia will also take one of the offered candy and nods thankfully at Zee. As she eats it, the others might notice that it seem to be to sweet for her or at least she doesn't seem to be used to such a sweetness.

"It's still something new how differetn this festival is every year. Only the throne is the one thing that never changes."

[Food Table?] But actually near-ish to it

Venus is now tucking her ears into the hat. It's pretty hard to get it right.
    "Personally, this is only my second time in Trog's," she says. "Usually over in that Black Dragon's Den more, actually."

Almost got it...
    nearly there..
    There! Her hat's on pretty perfectly again. So, she answers the question: "No, I'm just here by myself."
    [Food Table?]

The man was just laying the present away to help her, but she already managed to do that by herself so he looks kinda lost with the present away and his hands ready to offer help. A moment of silence so he can catch himself.

"Black Dragons Den?" he says and turns back to grab his presents slowly as he speaks. "I have been there a lot, but i never saw you. Is that your first Thanksmas?"

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Oh, oh, oh, okay. So, you walk forward, and then turn when you get to me!" Having made this suggestion, the little dragon races off to where Mr. C's current path would put him closest to the Christmas tree.

"Why do they need to know how? Can't they just bite the bad guys and then it's done?"
    [Present Walking]

Well the prestent is after all slow so it takes a lot of time to reach that point anyways.

"No." C answers straight. "Most of the people can't bite in a way like you. They have other tools, but some enemies can't just be torn apart. After all they would like to not get bitten don't you think?
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Mithar Thankmas]

Cessie is from a rather cold country so it's no surprise that she wears thick outdoors clothing as is benefiting the winter season.
    However, she have also dressed up all her three children in the same amount of wool garments and considering how small they all still are it looks like they can hardly move as she leads them all inside trog's.
    The mage is giving the establishment a skeptical look as she was afraid that a party in a establishment that served alcohol would be far from child friendly. Not to mention of all the rumors she had heard of what supposedly happened on the second floor of trog's, not to mention what was supposed to lurk underneath it.
    She can't spot any immediate child-unfriendly violations however and turns to help her children off with all their clothes. Thankfully Garn came along so he can take them all instead of having to trust a public cloth hanger.
    "Alright kids, we're here. I want you to have fun but you remember the rules, keep yourself to the public room. Don't go through any doors unless it leads to the bathrooms, alright?"
    [Mithar Thankmas]

The three kids are ushered into the tavern ahead of their mother. All bundled up at their mother's insistence. Some handle that better than other. For instance, Cora immediately tugs her scarf and mittens off and thrusts them upon Garn. "Okay mommy." She says automatically as she scours the place. The Frescots are supposed to be here too, but she doesn't find them. Instead, though, she finds another familiar face. She runs off without a warning to her mom.

"Hi Lapis!" She greats the other girl. She pulls off her toque as she approaches and her fiery head flares.

Bastion and Jillian stay close ton their mom for now.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2020-12-05 at 09:20 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200

[Food Table?]

Well,
    looks like you'll have to knock her hat off again if you want to help her.

Or maybe they'll get lucky and someone else will knock it off as they walk by.

Venus nods: "Yeah! I only started working there a couple months ago," she says. And, on a related note, "And, yeah, it's my first time. I mean, I've celebrated similar holidays but it's usually warmer out."
    She glances out towards the windows and doors of the place. "Honestly, not really used to it getting so cold out." And yet, she's not wearing any shoes. "Snow's really cool, though. Fun to make snowmen."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Barbarian in the Playground

[FLOOFbegone]

It is definitely candy.

Not only is it candy, it is HOME MADE candy filled with affection and care.

Zee might not be a pony or a keebler elf, she might not have any literal magic to add to her snacks and treats and entrees, but what she DOES have?

Is genuine love for everyone she serves at Trog's tavern.

And that's something that can't be replaced by any amount of magic.

Lucas likewise tries a candy out, his expression brightening. "Wow these are actually really good."

Now he's got to sample all three flavors.

It is worth noting that the sugar plums really aren't that sweet compared to most candies. They're just spiced, dried fruit in a thing shell of hard candy. If someone REALLY wanted sweet there's also that tray of chocolate covered fruit pate nearby busy looking delicious.

"So! Are you kids having fun this year?" Zee asks, smiling wide at our heroes. It's pretty clear she's enjoying herself at least.

[SWORDGIRL ULTIMATE THANKSMAS SHOWDOWN]

"Hi Cora you came to the party I'm so glad! Do you like the decorations I helped put them up and I love them!" Lapis replies gleefully, bouncing on her heels. "I was just telling Anika about how Thanksmas works since she's got something else where she comes from."

Something about a jolly dwarf that gives out weapons? Lapis could really get behind a cool sword for Thanksmas.

"Hey! When I was playing with the Frescots the other day Laela was saying how you can melt snowballs with your breath and that we should have a snowball melting contest," Lapis reports before glancing back toward Cessie and Bastion. "I heard your brother can't breath fire only sand so I guess maybe he could just watch?"

From Lapis' tone it is clear that she has great sympathy for Bastion's misfortune at getting a really lame breath weapon.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

22. - Top - End - #202

[SWORDGIRL ULTIMATE THANKSMAS SHOWDOWN]

Cessie let's out a small sigh as Cora just runs off but doesn't attempt to stop her. She was here to have fun after all so she wouldn't interfere too much today.

Anika raises her hand to greet the Mithar as she runs over. "Yo, Cora. I got a present for your family that you can take with you later." The druid remarks as she gestures with her thumb at the pile of presents that she left on the floor when she handed over Lapis's gift.
    She'd remark that Wenomir was also here but she knew that the warrior was quite preoccupied at the moment.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground

Deck the Halls

"Yep, just baubles. Although it looks like the party's started, so we might not have much time to put them up." The apparently-a-half-elf hangs another bauble, this one painted wood rather than glass, on a hook on the rafters.

Foxy Thanksmas

"Wolves are generally more social, foxes prefer to live on their own. They're also pretty adaptable, able to live in all kinds of places as wild animals, not domesticated like the wolves in Underside. Cities, forests, plains, and so on." The chair is free, so Cheasadh will let Jade go if she wants. There's no real need for Cheasadh to sit on Santa's lap this year- the best present ever she received last year, and it wasn't even from Santa!

Zaabi

"Aww, thank you Zara!" Abi takes the gift and waits for Zara to open her own present before following suit.

Inside, it's not a knife. The package is far too small to be a knife. It's two things- a loyalty card worth three free ice-creams at the parlour Abi works. A charm bracelet with four small charms on it- a silver skull that gives a slight boost to the wearer's healing and ability to fight off disease and poison, a black enamel bat that sharpens the wearer's hearing slightly, a gold heart that doesn't do anything, and an aluminium dice that prevents the whole bracelet from showing up on mundane security devices, such as metal detectors. "I hope you like the bracelet. Some of the charms are magic, quite weak I'm afraid but I couldn't afford something really expensive."
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2020-12-06 at 04:09 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

[Foxy Thanksmas]

"If goblins managed to domesticate wolves, I'm sure they could do it with foxes. But foxes are too small even for goblins to ride." Brinika and the three smaller goblins also follow Jade to the throne. "The wolves back home aren't really pets, though. They're not safe for anyone except their riders and handlers to come near."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Foxy Thanksmas

"Let's not talk about domesticating. I'm a wild fox, and I mostly prefer to stay that way. Except petting. Petting is good. And snacks." Jade clambers up onto the throne. It's a tricky climb for a small fox, but she manages. Then she stretches out and lies down. "Ah, that's good."

Santa Throne

Someone else has ascended the Santa Throne. She's a little red fox, wearing a Santa hat. She's all happily curled up on the seat of the throne and either half asleep, or ready to give presents in exchange for pets. Hard to say which.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #206

[Present Walking]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Well the prestent is after all slow so it takes a lot of time to reach that point anyways.

"No." C answers straight. "Most of the people can't bite in a way like you. They have other tools, but some enemies can't just be torn apart. After all they would like to not get bitten don't you think?
    As long as the present arrives in time for the gift exchange, it'll be fine.
    "Well, if they didn't want to get bitten they shouldn't have been bad!"
    Unassailable logic, the little dragon thinks.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Eagle View Post
    [Darker Corner]

Zara notices the ooze and inwardly wonders what it could be. The only things she can think of are organic in nature, but she puts it out of her mind for the time being, in favour of finishing the wrapping. With this being the case, she'd be more reluctant to place the box under the tree. Thus, she places it in a position that makes it easy to retrieve, should her suspicions be proven correct. She's unfazed by Sasha's lack of a smile, however. Perhaps, it simply is that she can't smile!

When the tendril rises up, Zara focuses her attention on the cage. Looking blankly at it with that perpetual smile of hers, she seems to have a delayed reaction. "Oh my!" She gasps, covering her mouth with one hand. "That cage is poorly locked! Good thing that where you keep it weakens the rats. Wouldn't want your food to run away now, right?" She winks at Sasha. "If you eat rat, then perhaps you eat meat too. Maybe cookies too, they're sweet and yummy!" She seems unfazed by the revelation, after all.

"Oo, how about letting Zara get you a cage for Thanksmas, so your food will be more securely kept? You'd like that, right Sasha?" There's something that has beenon Zara's mind, however, so she stretches her hand like rubber, alllll the way over to the tree, and grabs Sasha's gift. Once she's returned her hand to normal length, she holds it up for Sasha to see. "Zara'll say some words, and she wants you to nod when she correctly guesses what's in the box, okaaay? Okay!"

She takes in a deep breath, then begins! "Is it... food? Meat? ... rat?"

[Darker Corner]

Sasha tilts her head ever so slightly. Poorly locked? She fails to see how. This cage was supremely secure! Roughly the same as the cages dad uses. And those test subjects never run away! They also sometimes stop living, but a lot of things do that.

Besides, if they get away, she'd just catch them again. Test subjects or rats. It was exceptionally easy.

Oh. Zara wants to guess what's in the box? That does seem to be a part of the ritual. Well sometimes. Other times whomever it is insists they don't guess! These are very conflicting ideals and Sasha has yet to grasp which occasion calls for which gift giving procedural standard. Thanksmas must be the former. So Zara is receiving Sasha's gift? Is that how Thanksmas tree gift exchanges work?

Well... Sasha hopes Zara likes it.

Regardless the shadow monster will hesitate, then shake her head no.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

28. - Top - End - #208

[A winged1 woman2 in a sweater3]

"It's my first time," June confirms, "but I've celebrated a functionally similar holiday that spans late spring and early summer." So not, like, brand-new celebrating this holiday.

He looks at the wrapped bottles on a tray. "Um. Sure," he says. He reaches to grab one, and with his other hand gets the purple-scarf-wrapped-around-a-chocolate-orange from his jacket pocket. "If you'd like a present, too, you can have this one."

June looks at the wrapped bottle and gives it a gentle squeeze and a finger-tap. "So, it feels fragile," he says. "Is it something I should open soon?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [A pretty1 redhead2 in a hoodie3]

"Somewhat sure. I have been to a Thanksmas before," To help a family member who caught fire, and not for any gift-giving purposes. "-and that wasn't normal."
    Spike notices June's unusual flexibility, but doesn't comment on it.
    "Is the holiday new to you? Here, you can take a gift if you want."
    They get out a tray of what seem to be small bottles wrapped in cheery thanksmas paper.

Concerned about its potential fragility,
    June decides it is probably best to just open it now.

He unwraps the bottle, assuming it's some kind of drink. But...drinks usually come in larger bottles, don't they?
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

29. - Top - End - #209

((Was this easier than a reminder? ))
    Concerned about its potential fragility,
    June decides it is probably best to just open it now.

He unwraps the bottle, assuming it's some kind of drink. But...drinks usually come in larger bottles, don't they?
    "There should be no hurry to opening it." Spike starts to say. But it's already being unwrapped!?
    Which is also fine.
    It's smaller than a drink bottle, and also has a pointier many-faceted shape. Inside is a fizzy red liquid, and outside is a tag saying that it's a healing elixir.

Meanwhile Spike reaches over and picks up the purpler scarf bundle with a wing, then passing it to their hand to unwrap.
    Look the orange over curiously for a moment, and then announces "This is poison." in a slightly disappointed tone of voice.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

[Santa Throne]

Brinika giggles.

"You should be careful. Promises of pets and snacks is how we get you. But you're a talking fox, so I guess it wouldn't work." She peers at the little Santa-fox. "Do you want some help with handing out gifts? Since it might be a bit difficult with paws."