New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: A Very Trog's Thanksmas

[Elfsmas+Electra+Olvisin=?]

Electra nods for a moment, and seems to relax slightly. Her irises glow again, this time a bit longer, before she takes a longer sip of her drink, and seems to consider for a moment.

"Both, most likely, though the way he is seems to have changed over time, if the old news stories on the Nexusnet are any indication. You probably have a better idea, though, since you've worked with him on a daily basis for awhile."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Elfmas]

"We can only hope it goes well, but it doesn't do well for kids to be isolated." Looking between Koshal and Cass, he adds: "Yes, Cora and Bastion are Cessie's children. Koshal met Cora, because she studies sword-fighting with me. There's also Jillian. The Frescots are at nine and counting. Laela is the oldest."
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Elfmas

"Meeting kids is usually good for kids. Well. Most of the time." Sometimes kids can be jerks to other kids.
    "Hm. I don't think I've met many of Commander Mithar's children. Just Cora."
    That was for sword training. Very important.
    [Elfsmas]

"So many students," says Cass, her voice taking on a teasing tone. "Are you really that good a teacher?"

"I hope you're not being a bad influence." She giggles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

3. - Top - End - #363

Blanche and Anika - Meowdorei

Blanche grins. ”Im glad I’ve earned it.” She’d be worried that she’d done something wrong otherwise, frankly. Or just assume Thanksmas wasn’t much of a thing for Anika, really either reaction would’ve been possible.

She looks a bit surprised to hear that her sister and niece had gotten something for her, though. Maybe Shanti wasn’t being malicious when she told Anika that thing about catgirls? She’ll peer inside curiously.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

[Elfsmas]

"You be the judge, Koshal." Wenomir reaches out to idly pet Faye as he speaks. "Am I being a bad influence on you? I didn't really expect to be a teacher, but people kept coming to me... so I must be doing something right. Cora seems to be breaking fewer things now that I'm teaching her, at least."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #365

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    [A Rainy Thanksmas]

"You did? Wow, I can't wait to see. Thank you so much, Anika!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post

Blanche grins. ”Im glad I’ve earned it.” She’d be worried that she’d done something wrong otherwise, frankly. Or just assume Thanksmas wasn’t much of a thing for Anika, really either reaction would’ve been possible.

She looks a bit surprised to hear that her sister and niece had gotten something for her, though. Maybe Shanti wasn’t being malicious when she told Anika that thing about catgirls? She’ll peer inside curiously.
    [A Rainy Thanksmas]

Anika grins widely. "Don't mention it, you deserve this after that awesome song you wrote. Not that I wouldn't have given this anyway, I gotta get in good graces with the ruler of the tavern, right?" Not the owner but as far as Anika was concerned, Rain still ruled over it with an iron fist.

The tiny bag contains a even smaller plastic one that holds some kind of powder. There's a little note on it that reads Nepeta cataria, Catnip.
    "What is it?" Anika inquires as she leans over.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Now, mostly, it's waiting for Rebo time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    People who deposited gifts that are left:

Lucas
    Gara
    Reginald
    Zee
    Rose
    Prumathe
    Abi
    Magtok
    Mia
    Zara
    Sasha
    [Gift Exchange]

Of course, Zara and Sasha also left gifts under the tree, the latter's ice cream waiting to be eaten by some lucky person. Since it's Zara's first time here, she insists on having the full experience by also going to pick up a random gift, tugging Abi enthusiastically along.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [A Rainy Thanksmas]

Anika grins widely. "Don't mention it, you deserve this after that awesome song you wrote. Not that I wouldn't have given this anyway, I gotta get in good graces with the ruler of the tavern, right?" Not the owner but as far as Anika was concerned, Rain still ruled over it with an iron fist.

The tiny bag contains a even smaller plastic one that holds some kind of powder. There's a little note on it that reads Nepeta cataria, Catnip.
    "What is it?" Anika inquires as she leans over.
    [A Rainy Thanksmas]

"Ruler of the Tavern, eh? I like the sound of that," says Rain, giving Anika a sly grin. "Though maybe I can think of a few changes. Make it a little more my style."

She winks.

"So, should I open it now?" She asks, barely bothering to wait for Anika's answer before she tears off the gift wrapping and opens the box!

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Elfmas

Faye's tail thumps loudly on the floor, though the sound is lost among the sounds of the party.
    "Oh, no one would accuse you of being a bad influence, Master Wenomir! Unless they have a categorical distaste for valor and swordplay. Or nice surcoats." Koshal likes using big words like Categorical sometimes. Though he isn't sure if it entirely fits this one. Oh, well.

FLOOFbegone!

Gara holds up the little bracelet.
    "Oh, is this iron? Huh. Not what I would expect from jewelry, but someone put a lot of work into this."
    Maybe it's to keep faeries away? It would be great for that. Except Gara seems to have found herself in a situation where she doesn't want to do that for the moment...
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

9. - Top - End - #369
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Gift Exchange]
    Spoiler: GIFTS!
    Show
    Whoop, looks like I missed two. Gifts left:

Zee
    Rose
    Prumathe
    Abi
    Mia
    Zara

Spike got Magtok's absolutely absurdly large gift!
    Cleo got Reginald's gift!
    Zara got Abi's gift!
    Sasha got Gara's gift!
    Zee got Lucas' gift!
    Rose got Sasha's gift!

Lapis, given that she's still outside, hasn't gone for a gift yet. She'll probably grab whatever is left. But Zee and Rose are still available! They both retrieve something from under the tree.

Zee opens up the brightly wrapped package and discovers a pair of black wool mittens inside. They seem vaguely suspicious and unreal to her, but hey it's Thanksmas!

[FLOOFbegon!]

Lucas, meanwhile, opens up the little pink egg and laughs when it starts playing music. "This thing is awfully pink. I wonder if it was brought by anyone you know?"

He also gives the bit of iron jewelry a bit of a look. "Hah, you got some pretty faerie repellent. Don't worry too much about me. The whole hedley kow thing means iron really doesn't bother me that much. Not ALL fae are repelled by it. Just most of them."

Goblins are another notable exception.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2021-01-25 at 11:49 AM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Orc in the Playground

Gift Exchange

Abi's gift, the one she didn't intend to give to Zara, is a brightly-coloured box, held tight by a blue ribbon. Inside, there's a reel of vouchers for ice cream from an independent ice cream parlour named Sweet Dreams Ice Creams, and there's also a small bottle, with a note wrapped around it. The note claims the bottle contains a 'refreshing breeze', which will be released if the bottle is broken or opened. It won't do much, just a gentle blast of sweet-smelling air.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

[SWORDGIRL ULTIMATE THANKSMAS SHOWDOWN]

Garn eyes the two girls suspiciously but doesn't see any reason to intervene just yet. He gives a respectful nod to Bastion as to simply show that he's acknowledging the boy's presence. Bastion was a good boy after all despite Cora's influence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

"It's this awesome series about three adventurers. A sword girl, a wizard, and a princess!" Cora's eyes light up. The reason for her fascination might be obvious.

"The next one's called The Sea of Dread." Bastion provides helpfully.

"Yeah! They go around and fight big monsters to collect the magic rings so they can save the kingdom." Cora starts to roll up a second ball of snow, as big as the first.

"What's the princess do on the adventures?" Lapis asks curiously as she offers some branches to Cora for sticking into the snowman.

See mister gargoyle?

Nothing forbidden going on here.

Just making snowmen. Totally innocent and not dangerous.

"Because the wizard must do wizard things and the swordgirl can do swords but what do princesses do?" Lapis asks. She isn't sure if she's ever met a princess before so she isn't sure what princesses do. She's met wizards and sword people, though. And they do cool stuff!

"She talks to people lots, but she can fight too. And she has a horse." Bastion explains. The horse is very important, surely.

"She's fighting to save her kingdom." Cora adds. The princess is very important!

12. - Top - End - #372

"She's the symbol of the kingdom that makes everyone fight for what’s right." Garn adds helpfully as he has somehow wandered close enough to overhear them, and it's not like they're talking in hushed tones.
    The gargoyle had of course heard the book when his master had read it for the kids. He even knew all the characters by voices that she gave to them as she read.

[A Rainy Thanksmas]

"Go ahead!" Anika exclaims, eager to see her friend rip it open ever since she wrapped it up.

Sure enough, once Rain opens it up she can see that the box underneath the wrapping contains a carefully folded-up royal blue cape that's been embrodied with yellow string, including Rain's full name in the back of the neck. It's exact apperance could be up to Rain's player however.

"I made it!" The druid claims excitedly. "It even has an enchantment on it, put it on!" She urges.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2021-01-23 at 07:42 PM.

13. - Top - End - #373

Blanche squints to read the note on the bag before chuckling. "They got me catnip. Hope they meant it as just a joke, cuz I don't think it works on me like it does on, y'know, actual cats." It seems pretty likely too, if it's from Shanti *and* Natharia. Shanti doesn't seem like the type of person who'd gift you recreational drugs, let alone let her daughter co-sign it.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

14. - Top - End - #374

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Corner]

It's okay! Awkward silences are fun, too.

Once he speaks again, she nods and quickly responds, "Yeah! Yeah. Go there, and I'll see you there!"

Venus glances across the room, sees that people are getting their presents now, and decides this is probably the best time to bail from the party. She has got to put this clock somewhere safe away, too. And she imagines that, since it's a holiday, work will get pretty busy later. "So, actually, since it's a holiday work's probably going to be busy, so I should probably get going before they need me."

Venus smiles, and waves. "It was nice meeting you! And thanks for the gift."
    She leaves the corner to go towards the door out - giving the tree and presents a wide berth to not get in anyone's way.
    [Corner]

The man waves back.
    "You are welcome and I hope for you that it won't be to stressfull." he sais to her as he watches her leave the party.
    After she is gone he drops himself on one of the seats in the corner. With a heavy sight he slides deep into the chair looking at the empty table in front of him. He#s not really used to talking with woman, especialy if it's not business based. He will rest here for a while, since the gift exhange is also something he wants to avoid.

[Gift Exchange!]

I might mention Mr. C brought in a present as well. But since he is still on Santas lap he won't grab one. He might end up with his own.

Mia on the other end will pick one at random and it is Zee's present.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

15. - Top - End - #375
    Pixie in the Playground

Gifts left:

Zee
    Rose
    Prumathe
    Abi
    Mia
    Zara

Spike got Magtok's absolutely absurdly large gift!
    Cleo got Reginald's gift!
    Zara got Abi's gift! Zara got Garn's gift!
    Sasha got Garn's gift! Sasha got Abi's gift!
    Zee got Lucas' gift!
    Rose got Sasha's gift![/spoiler]
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Abi's gift, the one she didn't intend to give to Zara, is a brightly-coloured box, held tight by a blue ribbon. Inside, there's a reel of vouchers for ice cream from an independent ice cream parlour named Sweet Dreams Ice Creams, and there's also a small bottle, with a note wrapped around it. The note claims the bottle contains a 'refreshing breeze', which will be released if the bottle is broken or opened. It won't do much, just a gentle blast of sweet-smelling air.
    [Gift Exchange]

Zara first reaches for a gift, recognizes it as her girlfriend's gift (perhaps with the help of Abi herself, who's standing right beside her) and drops it, picking another one. Sasha gets to pick up Abi's gift instead!

Or perhaps, she exchanges her gift with Sasha, after claiming it's her own girlfriend's gift she got, especially with Abi there to corroborate her story (assuming she's not too busy being creeped out by Sasha, that is...)?

Either way, Zara doesn't accept Abi's gift, cause getting two gifts from the same person just isn't fair! She opens the gift she does get, eager to see what's inside.

Rose will open Sasha's gift to find a container of ice-cream! Fun!

Whoever gets Zara's gift will open it to find a set of three sweet smelling bath bombs and a gift card for a shopping mall Zara's only recently started working at.
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2021-01-25 at 08:31 AM.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

16. - Top - End - #376

"Catnip?!" Anika exclaims while peering at the plant. "Yeah, that's a plant I will never forget. It's not just any catnip, that's some crazy stuff my uncle grows. Probably meant it as a joke, but that's a pretty potent drug even if you aren't a cat." Anika glances around as to make sure there aren't any kids around before she leans in and whispers. "Shanti problably doesn't know it but I tried it so take my word for it."

17. - Top - End - #377

Wait, she's-? On one hand, Blanche is rather surprised. On the other, she feels like she really shouldn't be. "I hope this was in your saber form, or I'm gonna be mighty concerned." She smirks. "Do I need to keep an eye on you, make sure you don't eat any other strange plants?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #378

"Oh! Well, if she has a horse then she MUST be important," Lapis reasons. Everyone knows that only important people have horses.

"What's she saving her kingdom from? Is there another bad kingdom that wants to take their stuff?"
    Lapis inquires.

In her experience that is usually why people fight.

Someone has a thing!

Another person wants the thing and the first person won't give it to them!

So they both fight and whoever wins gets the thing.

Lapis puts a final snowball on her snowman and steps back, smiling at it.

Perfect!

[GIFT EXCHANGE!]

It just so happens that ZEE'S GIFT is something totally normal and not at all weird!

It's a Trog's tavern mug, a tin of hot chocolate mix, and a jar full of the dry ingredients for Zee's home made brownies.

Do it yourself from home!

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

"They gotta stop the bad guy controlling all the monsters." Cora explains. "Whoever they are, they're trying to weaken the kingdom so they can take it over!"

And the next moments, Bastion and Cora exchange a loot. Bastion turns to Garn. "Garn. Can you go get mommy so she can see the snowmen that they built?" He asks politely.

20. - Top - End - #380

Garn raises an eyebrow at Bastion, wouldn't they usually do that themselves? Something wasn't right here.
    He isn't one to deny such a request however. "Very well. I shall fetch her." He states with a nod. Though he gives Cora a suspicous stare before he turns around and heads inside the inn to tell his master about the snowmen. She would very much want to see them at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post

Wait, she's-? On one hand, Blanche is rather surprised. On the other, she feels like she really shouldn't be. "I hope this was in your saber form, or I'm gonna be mighty concerned." She smirks. "Do I need to keep an eye on you, make sure you don't eat any other strange plants?"

Anika laughs. "Don't worry, it wasn't bad or anything. Besides, it's my cousin that gave it to me. She's the plan expert in the family, and I know for a fact she likes to have fun with that knowledge. Been on so many trips with her. Not that anyone would believe that seeing her, she looks like twice as innocent as you but is twice as wicked."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2021-02-06 at 12:59 PM.

21. - Top - End - #381

Blanche is a little surprised by this. She didn't really take Anika for the type to have experimented with such things, druid stereotype jokes aside. Though when she raises an eyebrow, it's for an entirely different reason.

"'Twice as innocent and twice as wicked', huh?" She leaves the request for explanation to hang in the air with a smirk, a slight glow to her cheeks from the former descriptor. Just how wicked did Anika think she was, exactly?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Elfmas

Faye's tail thumps loudly on the floor, though the sound is lost among the sounds of the party.
    "Oh, no one would accuse you of being a bad influence, Master Wenomir! Unless they have a categorical distaste for valor and swordplay. Or nice surcoats." Koshal likes using big words like Categorical sometimes. Though he isn't sure if it entirely fits this one. Oh, well.
    [Elfmas]

"Well, can't argue with valor. Maybe you're a good influence after all," says Cass, in a mock begrudging tone.
    "Though I think I should remain carefully neutral on the subject of surcoats," says Cass, a tinge of smokiness entering her voice. She gives Wenomir a quick glance, a touch of mischief twisting her smirk just a little.

[A Rainy Thanksmas]

"Go ahead!" Anika exclaims, eager to see her friend rip it open ever since she wrapped it up.

Sure enough, once Rain opens it up she can see that the box underneath the wrapping contains a carefully folded-up royal blue cape that's been embrodied with yellow string, including Rain's full name in the back of the neck. It's exact apperance could be up to Rain's player however.

"I made it!" The druid claims excitedly. "It even has an enchantment on it, put it on!" She urges.
    [A Rainy Thanksmas]

Rain's eyes light up at the sight of the cape, and she dons it immediately, twirling it around with a dramatic flourish as she throws it over her shoulders and around her neck.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

[Elfmas]

Wenomir hold Cass' gaze boldly as he contrives to take on a serious expression. Koshal might get the feeling it's a common dynamic between those two.

"She might be right, Koshal. I can be your role model for swordplay and valor, but I might not be the best one for fashion. Surcoats and armor is where it begins and ends. Cassandra may be a better source of that. Or some of her friends from MERC."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

[Elfmas]

Koshal frowns for a moment. His face is pure puzzled incomprehension.
    "Wait...what's wrong with surcoats?" he asks innocently.
    Perhaps Wenomir is not the greatest influence after all.

FLOOFbegone

Gara looks around and at their little gifts.
    "Okay! Well. Gifts are given and the party is in full swing. Anywhere you wanna be right now?" she asks. Maybe they could just find somewhere to sit for a while or something. She doesn't think either of them can dance...

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

[Elfmas]

"Covers all the important parts," mutters Cass, quietly, before she can't keep a straight face any longer and bursts out into a laugh. "I guess it's not that bad. Makes you look very important and official, doesn't it, Commander?"

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

[Elfmas]

Wenomir's smile grows a little bit when Cassandra calls him Commander. There's something about the way she does it that provokes a reaction in him...

"It does. I can put Vigil's crest on it and everything. Can't have one of the commanders of Vigil go around dressed like a common sellsword. Or a loincloth-clad barbarian warrior. Then again, people would probably recognize me by the scars anyway."

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

Elfmas

Koshal continues to be entirely oblivious to the dynamics going on in front of him.
    "Honestly Master Wenomir, you're in your uniform most of the time. I don't know if even I've seen your scars that much. But I do put Lady Danir's crest on mine though it's usually more of a tabard, you know?" Terminology for things you wear over armor can sometimes get a bit specific even for him. And Koshal loves these subjects.
    People often find it odd seeing sunglasses emblazoned on a knight's armor.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Santa]

Mr. C thinks.. and thinks... and thinks... Fel might see time passing by the little creature. He appears to get older, his colors getting grey, a beard grows and even glasses appear. That's just happens in a blink of an eye. close them and you miss 10 years of a human life. Finally befor he turns pale grey he replys.

"I can't think of something. The members I know want to eat me or want to cuddel me. I barly know anything about them myself. Suprise me."
    I know just the thing then.

Santa Fel reaches into the bag and pulls out a small key fob looking thing with a button on it.

Press this little button and a protective sphere will appear around you, allowing you to roll to safety if anything tries to eat you.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

Thump... crinkle thumpthump... thump. THUMP. Crinkle swish thump! THUMP! KrankleRip

*A smoking troglodyte with a broom handle with a nail in the end of it in one hand and a large sack in the other shuffles through the room. He stabs discarded gift wrapping and other small floor detritus with the nail-y end and deposits it his officially labeled “Thankmas, Schmankmas Rubbish Bag (now with 54% more humbug).”*

*Hot ash falling from the end of his Coffin Nail brand cigarette lands in a nearby pile and slowly ignites some wrapping paper. It gets indiscriminately stabbed and tossed in the bag with the rest.*

*As Trog moves through the room stabbing, a slow trickle of smoke begins coming from his sack. Then a small black puff. Then rather an alarming amount of dense black smoke. The smoking tavern owner seems either entirely unaware or unconcerned.*

*The troglodyte moves methodically through the room with an efficiency that communicates both an extensive amount of experience cleaning this room, and an equally extensive experience of being tired of cleaning this room.*

*The rather full bag lights on fire as Trog hefts it over his shoulder like Father Thankmas. He shuffles over to the side door as it is engulfed in flame. He opens the side door, opens dumpster mimic’s fanged and slavering mouth and tosses in the large fireball of a bag and lets the dumpster lid slam shut. The sound of the mimic running through the alleyway yelping in pain echoes through the tavern.*

YII-YIII-YII-YIII-YIII-YIII!!!

*The bored-looking troglodyte closes the side door, muffling the sounds outside. He pauses, lights another cigarette, and shuffles once more into the back room. The door shuts behind him.*

30. - Top - End - #390

So.

The snitchy guardian has left.

That can mean only one thing.

"Okay Bastion you need to tell us when to start so we can both start at the same time and see who can melt the most snow the fastest," Lapis hastily explains.

How much time could they possibly have?

Maybe minutes if Cessie is busy talking to someone else?

Sometimes grownups get really busy talking to other grownups and don't have time to see what children are doing.

Lapis doesn't think she can count on that but it's their best hope!