New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: A Very Trog's Thanksmas

FLOOFbegone

Gara begins fidgeting immediately.
    "No, I was pretty normal human for a while. Then my school got eaten by faeries and my friend got turned into a kumiho and I almost got turned into a naiad or something. I made it out but weird stuff kept happening to I went to this nice lady in HALO so I could maybe get some powers to keep that at bay and she hooked me up with the whole dragon princess thing and introduced me to Civvy. Which I guess was also pretty weird but I still have my soul and everything."
    Losing that is never terribly pleasant.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

OH BOY THANKSMAS START!

Zee pats Jade on the head, then hops up atop the bar and shouts for all to hear!

"Hello everyone! Thank you for attending this years Very Trog's Thanksmas! We've got some fun and festivities in store for you all, but for now it's time for the feast of Thanks to officially begin!"

At that announcement, Nina pushes a cart into the room, piled high with the main course. Turkey, ham, beef, lamb, all sorts of succulency prepared meats fill the tavern with a pleasant aroma.

"And since we have now officially begun that means-!"

Zee makes a dramatic gesture toward the Santa throne where Raven is currently seated. She may suddenly find a Santa Hat plopping onto her head.

"-the Santa throne is ready to go! Merry Thanksmas everyone!"

[Post-Post Devil Things]

Zee passes a glass of mulled wine to Sekhmet. It smells of orange, cloves, nutmet, and cinnamon. A classic Thanksmas treat! "Did you want anything, Prumathe?"

Rose, meanwhile, takes a sip from her mug of coco, whipped cream clinging to her lip. Her eyes widen as she smiles. "Oh! It's really good!"

Why hadn't she ever come here before again? Did it have something to do with Alexander not wanting to get roped into some sort of great big adventure? That was probably it. Alex was a retired adventurer in his late forties. He just wanted to work on his craft and hopefully find a way to free his soul from infernal debt. But Rose? She feels like she's just BURSTING with energy! She should definitely come here more often and get roped into adventures. They could be fun!

"So do you two have any plans for after Thanksmas?" Rose inquires of the new couple.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Deck the Halls

"Oh, certainly," Solstice said. She wasn't familiar with tinsel, but it was easy enough to figure out how it was supposed to "look", and with her extra pair of hands, she helped Mishnehel string it up. The little tiny frills were even straightened out just so, making them look very nice.

Zee made the announcement, and although Solstice looked and listened, she didn't appear all that interested in the food. Then she looks over somewhat confused at the "throne".

"I am afraid I do not know much about this celebration. This would be my first time, I am quite certain," she admits.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2020-11-26 at 10:31 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

Venus, Sekhmet, Prumathe

"Yeah!" Venus smiles. "Just if you ever find yourself in the area."

She waves again. "It was good to see you again!"
    Venus turns to leave the couple alone and together;
    she goes back over to one of the food tables that she helped set up to see if there's anything else good over there.

Fashionably on time, June enters the tavern. He's got short red hair, jeans and a hoodie, looks pretty androgynous, and speaks in #66cc66. (Wait, didn't Venus say she was June? Huh. Weird. Guess that's a mystery that will probably go unsolved.)

He...
    doesn't have bones. Also his skin feels spongy if you press down on it. And a few other things. But he's getting used to it, so it's okay. Don't worry about it.
    He has, of course, heard about Thanksmas and this party even over in Riverside, and decided to come over to Inside to check it out. He brings a white elephant gift over to the tree, and sets it there.
    He also, of course, looked up how these things normally go. There's a Santa on a throne, normally...? It's weird, but.
    Okay, it's weird. But it's tradition, apparently.
    Spotting the only Throne of Power around with a Santa hat-clad Raven Ebondark on it, he makes the perfectly-reasonable assumption that he needs to go there.
    And, as there's nobody else in line, he goes in front. "Hi," he says. "You're in the one in charge, right?" he asks.
    Since it's tradition and that's how it works, he sits on her lap. (He weighs about half as much as you'd expect.)
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-11-27 at 12:34 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

[Darker Corner]

Sasha hovers there on shadows, staring at Zara. Did Zara mean tell Sasha all about Karasu or all about Zara? It was a little tricky because Zara spoke like no one else she's met before. It made things confusing.

The little shadow girl just tilts her head to one side. The box... Wasn't up to Thanksmas standards? Did that qualify for punishment? No, clearly not if they were going to fix it. That's good at least. It was just so hard to delicately wrap things without hands. Sasha cannot deny it took longer than anticipated to get even that much done. Wrapping things is super tricky.

Fortunately for Zara, one thing Thanksmas is never lacking in it's festive wrapping materials. Where does this abundance of colorful paper come from?

[Throne of Power]

"Thank you Peasant, your work shall be remembered." Raven Ebondark is momentarily distracted from spotting Magtok and Blanche by the offering of delectables. She moves her legs and takes the cookie, holding it with both hands and very demurely nibbling on it. It is a slow and proper nibble, never truly biting into the cookie as her upper fang makes a prominent appearance in this cookie's execution.

A small time later, the cookie is missing and crumbs remain on her lips that she licks away. More importantly however is the hat that suddenly shows up on her head. Ebony Ravendark looks mortified. Not for the meaning behind the hat, but in how terrible it looks! "How gauche!" This clashes with her outfit 1000%!

She's reaching up to take it off when she's approached by June. In charge? Oh right, this must be some kind of Thanksmas crown. Of course. Raven settles back, trying to brush off any hint that she was about to take off that hat and toss in a Yuletide fire. "Yes! Yes, I most definitely am in char-char-char-!!" Raven stammers as the handsome/beautiful woman/man creature sits in her lap, going a bit red. "Umm... Err... What tribute have you brought to me today, brazen commoner?!" She asks, her voice an octave higher than usual to match the stiffness in her words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #126

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Walking Present]

"No, tree's over there." The hatchling points her claw, somehow expecting that the walking present will be able to see it After all, the hatchling can see it!

Finally, leaning down all the way she sees the legs carrying it.
    "Ohh wow you're so small!"
    [Walking Present]

The present nods or more it shakes slightly as it turns into a random direction, sadly not the tree's direction. After all he doesn't see anything so assuming 'over there' can be anywhere.

"Yeah, I hear that a lot. Actually every day."
    he is small after all. "And who are you? I cna see your scaled feet but not more."

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [FLOOFbegon which is happening at the SNACKBAR]

"Were you always like that?" Lucas asks. "If that's an okay thing to ask. If you've always been a monster-hunter monster that can turn into a girl."

It seems like a pretty unusual thing, all things considered.

Just to make sure she doesn't feel singled out, he adds, "I've basically always been like this. The whole pooka thing, I mean. Or for as long as I can remember, anyway. I guess maybe I wasn't for a little while, but that was back when I was just a baby and wouldn't have noticed the difference."

And then Mia burns herself nearby! Lucas gives a little start at the sound. "Oh wow, hey, are you alright?" he asks.
    [FLOOFbegon which is happening at the SNACKBAR]

Mia shakes her hand, nasty burn. She should have seen that coming. After all she works with hot metalls most of the time.

"Oh, " she says a bit suprised that she got someones attention. "It's fine. I just didn't imagine the cookies to be that hot."

Then Mia is silent for a moment looking at Lucas and Gara. She remains silent for a while which creeps her out a litte. "Do you like the decorations here?" she says while her mind immediatly facepalms
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #127

[Location tags, in MY trog's?!]

Anika may notice Lapis perched up in the rafters with her sister helping to string out some glittery garlands. The resemblance between them in their respective smol child shapes is immediately obvious. Lapis hasn't seen Anika yet, she's too busy hanging decorations!

Once Anika have handed over the largest gift to Blanche she will have to carry the rest of them in her arms which doesn't look too practical. She should really have brought a bag for all this but for she had forgotten it in the sleight.

Oh well.

"Lapis! I got a thankmas gift for you!" She exclaims behind the presents she's carrying. Normally she'd wave but that would cause her to drop all the gifts on the floor again.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Walking Present]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    The present nods or more it shakes slightly as it turns into a random direction, sadly not the tree's direction. After all he doesn't see anything so assuming 'over there' can be anywhere.

"Yeah, I hear that a lot. Actually every day."
    he is small after all. "And who are you? I cna see your scaled feet but not more."
    "I'm Kronoa! I'm a dragon! Who are you?" The little dragon tries to nudge the present into the correct direction with a claw. "No, not that way, that way!"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #129

Food Table

Venus tries out some more food.
    She is, of course, at the fairy-safe foods but that's probably because it looks fresher and less processed. Also, more fruit and stuff, and less junky food.

She's trying that spiced watermelon that she had brought out.

[Throne of Power]

Oh!
    Is that what he was supposed to do?
    He wasn't supposed to put the gift under the tree and instead bring it here to the throne? He must've completely misunderstood how this works. Probably should have waited for someone else to go first and
    And at this point, it would be incredibly awkward to get back up and go bring it over here.

And, jeez.
    Her blushing is now making June self-conscious. "O-oh. Um. Good," he says, looking away.

June has a ring (pink and black) but it's definitely not a tribute.
    What does he still have, though?
    "W-well, I have a cursed nail, but..." but, wait. Cursed nails are awful tributes or gifts or whatever.
    Oh!
    "Actually."
    Sure, he had intended this for a coworker after going back to Riverside, but he could always just get something else on the way there.

June reaches into his hoodie pocket, and pulls out an...object. It's a chocolate orange that's wrapped in a really soft and fuzzy purple scarf, and tied with some ribbon.
    "I also have this, too. Here."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

[Foxy Thanksmas]

Jade might see some very small figures headed her way. Bundled up in warm clothes, they appear to be goblin children. Though the area is full of fluffy wolves, goblin kids find a fox more interesting, since they see wolves at home, albeit from a distance. Insofar as Jade can tell, two of the little goblins are girls while the third one is a boy, but they look pretty similar - grey skin, bright red eyes. Another, older goblin seems to be scurrying after them. The three kids stare at Jade for a moment before one of the girls steps forward with hand outstretched.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

Post-Post-Devil Things

"Um, can I have mulled wine too, please? Thank you, Zee." He's had mulled wine before, and it is seasonal. So that's a good choice.

Deck the Halls

"That's OK, I've not been to a party this big for it before. We can maybe learn together? Most important things though are gifts and thanks, I think. Do you have something to go under the tree, over there? Later, everyone who put something under will get something else from under the tree." Mishnehel put something under there!

Foxy Thanksmas

Also accompanying the goblins is a gnome. She's no taller than the oldest goblin, with blonde hair, blue eyes and a large nose. She's wearing a pink hoody and a pair of jeans, and a pink and white Santa hat. Cheasadh stops to catch her breath after running- she's not as quick as they are, and can't scurry as effectively- but keeps an eye out, just in case the fox doesn't like being stroked.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Post-Post-Devil Things

Sekhmet takes a long sip of her wine. "That's very good, uh, thank you." She tries to answer Rose's question. "I'm, uh, not sure. Did you have anything planned, Prumathe?"

Foxy Thanksmas

The red fox with the Santa hat looks up at the approaching goblin kids. She gives a foxy smile and walks a little closer, so it's easy to pet her. She likes it! She makes a pleased fox sound and lies down for easier petting.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #133

[Floofbegon]

Lucas frowns slightly at Gara's tail of fluffy tails. "I don't think faeries really steal souls?" he replies. "Some of the nasty ones will steal your Name, though. Which I guess is just about as bad as getting your soul stolen, depending on your point of view."

What would a soul getting stolen even look like? A soul is just... you. Your ability to be a person. Would you become some creepy eldritch robot like the empyreans? He gives Zee a leery look and is met with a friendly wave because of course it is. "But if you're happy with it that's what matters, right?"

"The chocolate chips are really hot when they're straight out of the oven," Lucas says. Hadn't there been warnings about how warm the cookies were when they were brought out? He could have sworn that there were.

Ah well.

Can't do much about the past and burnt tongues.

"The decorations?" Lucas replies, glancing around at them. "They seem pretty nice. The falling snow effect they got with those... wind chime looking things? Is definitely nice. I'm noticing a lot more silver, green, and red in the decorations than last year's party."

That makes quite a bit of sense.

Last year the decorations were all extremely pink.

It felt more like a Valentines Day celebration.

Okay that gets Lapis attention.

"You DID?" the little half drow girl squeals with delight. "I got one for you too I bet you'll love it! Hand on."

Then she just sort of.... jumps down from the rafter sand lands with a thump. Hero landing! The one with the fist on the floor!

Yeah.

That looks cool!

"I've got it in my inventory hang on," Lapis says as she reaches...

Somewhere?

And retrieves a box wrapped in colorful red and green paper! The box is pretty small. Way smaller than the gift Anika had given Blanche, that's for sure.

"Here it's for you!"

[Post-Post-Devil Things]

Zee will likewise provide Prumathe with a cup of spiced wine. Like Sekhmet's, it smells really great! Spicy and citrusy. A great holiday treat if you want just a little kick.

Rose doesn't seem interested in a little kick. She's busy licking whipped cream off her upper lip. This hot chocolate is sooooo good.

"I think I'm going to try to enjoy some Thanksmas treats again. Part of the deal I had with Ashmedai made it so everything I ate tasted like ashes. Then I got turned into a Buttercup for a little while. Then Sapphira made me into Alexandria and when I was like that I just... all the things I used to love just didn't mean anything to me anymore," she says a little sadly. But then she breaks into a huge grin! "But now I can enjoy things again! Like this hot chocolate! It's really rich and creamy. I don't think I've ever had a mug that's so good."

She drains the rest.

Glug glug!

"Aaah... that's heavenly..." says the devil.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Pixie in the Playground

[Darker Corner]

Sensing her confusion, Zara repeats the question. "Tell Zara about Sasha! Or, since you cannot - or will not - speak, Zara will say what she's heard about you, and you can nod or shake your head? After the gift, of course!"

Zara quickly finds some festive wrapping paper with cute drawings of Santa on it, as well as some tape. She pulls out a white crystal knife from her inventory once she returns with the tools, and sets them beside the box.

"So! Zara'll teach you how to wrap a gift! If you have any problems next time, you can just ask Zara and she'll help you, okaaaay?" And then she begins! She places the box in the middle of some wrapping paper and begins to wrap the paper around the box, making sure she guides Sasha through every step. After taping it, she cuts off any extra paper and tape, ties a cute little bow around it and it's done!

"See?" She displays the finished product for Sasha to gawk at, then skips over to the tree to place it there. She also adds her own gift, a small rectangular box with green and gold gift wrapping and a white bow on it.

Upon returning, she pulls a chair along and sits on it. "So, Sasha. You and Zara should exchange stories, but first... do you eat? What do you eat?"

[Zara and Abi]

Sometime after her encounter with Sasha, Zara spots her girlfriend heading for the Thanksmas tree to drop some gifts. With a happy sigh, she skips over to her girlfriend, just as the half-elf is dropping her gift. "Hi, Abi!" She announces her presence, wrapping her rubber arms around the other girl.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

15. - Top - End - #135

Mags and Blanche and Anika - Enoby Darkness Dementia Thurl Ravenscroft Way

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

Wow, there sure were a lot of cool people gathered here for Winter Veil, or thankmas as people around here called it. She was honestly confused what the whole winter veil thing was even about (something about dwarves?) but like thankmas it had something to do with presents so did the reasons for celebrating it matter all that much?

Anika had expected someone to greet her but it looked like people were pretty occupied with either talking or thankmas stuff.

Then she spots Blanche and a moment later, Lapis, aha!

Anika turns around and slips outside again only return a few moments later carrying a present so big a full grown human could probably fit inside it. But as Anika is carrying it without much effort it can't be very heavy despite its size. On top of it rests a bunch of smaller presents, each with a big label on them reading RAIN, WENOMIR, CASSANDRA, LAPIS, MITHARS, SISTER, NATHARIA, TINA, ELNA, ANIKA, MOM & DAD, FRESCOTS and ILPHOLIN.

The druid first wanders up to Blanche and simply brushes past Magtok who she assumed must be one of those festive golems the goblins animated every year with their magic. "Happy thankmas, Blanche!" She exclaims as she holds up the largest present on which the others rest as it's apparently meant for the catgirl.
    However, as she attempts to thrust it into Blanche's arms the gifts resting on it starts to tumble off the top and if she isn't careful she might get almost buried underneath them.

She better resolve it quickly though as Anika had a lot more presents to deliver and Lapis was right there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Mags and Blanche - Enoby Darkness Dementia Thurl Ravenscroft Way

"Er, I don't, but I'm not sure that means anything?" Blanche shrugs after taking a glance over at the catgirl on the throne. "I don't really know my extended family very well. Haven't tried to connect to em or anything, I've been a little busy." Which is only partially true. Sure, working for VIGIL takes up a lot of Blanche's time and focus, but connecting to her half-siblings or even really going out of her way to learn about them has never really held any weight or priority to her.

It only occurs to her after a second to ask what trying to "mess with him" means exactly - but before she can speak up about it, Blanche's attentions are suddenly focused on someone very different. "O-oh! Uh, hey Anika." She smiles with a shy little blush that is probably very uncharacteristic from Magtok's point of view before all those gifts start to tumble down.

"A-oh [shist]." Blanche leans out of the way as things start to fall, raising an arm to shield herself while trying to tilt the stack away so the rest of them stop falling. "Maybe we should er, set this down so you can grab the rest?"
    Magtok looks more than a little irritated. A filthy elf just brushed right past him and replaced his location tag with her own! How dare she! As for burying Blanche in tumbling presents and cutting him off mid-conversation, he could care less about those two things. Any excuse to slip away from Caelynn's daughter is a welcome one, and while the two of them are distracted, he hurriedly steps aside and hopes they completely forget all about him as he tries to find somewhere else to be. He did everything he was obligated to do, after all. Blanche is here now and talking to her disgusting elven friend; that means we have a completely valid excuse to disappear to the other side of the tavern instead of socializing with them. Besides, there's a second catgirl to avoid, and if we stand around that clueless pointy-eared purple creature long enough, that one's bound to notice us and start asking us the same sort of probing questions we'd directed to Blanche.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

[Foxy Thanksmas]

The three little goblins don't need any more encouragement and eagerly pet and scratch the fox with a look of wide-eyed wonder.

"What is this?" the boy asks.

"It's a fox," Brinika explains. "They live on the surface. They look kind of like wolves but really small and with big fluffy tails. I wonder what it's doing here. Normally they run away from people. Maybe it's domesticated. Or it's Thanksmas magic."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

Foxy Thanksmas

"Definitely Thanksmas magic," says the fox. That might surprise some people, but she doesn't seem to mind the petting, even if she is a talking fox. "Could you maybe scratch a little further up by my shoulders?"

My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

Post-Post Devil Things

"Um, no, not really any plans." Well, not beyond 'go home, go to sleep'. And then quite soon 'go to work'.

Zaabi

Abi grins as she feels Zara behind her. She'll turn around to hug the ex-assassin back, and grins. "Hi! I've got a gift for you." The one she's put down is one for the white elephant gift exchange. She's going to reach into a pocket and pull out a small box, about ten centimetres long and five wide and tall.

Foxy Thanksmas

"Oh, hello fox. I'm Cheasadh, that's my sister Brinika, and these are my cousins... Um, I have a lot of cousins now." Cheasadh gestures at Brinika with the first, but doesn't name the cousins because she's lost track of which cousins they are. She'll reach out and scratch the requested area. "You're wonderfully soft."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

[Foxy Thanksmas]

The three little goblins gasp when the fox speaks. Brinika doesn't, because she's used to talking animals by now.

"I'm Alruk."

"I'm Zeerva."

"And I'm Haruka!"

Brinika grins widely and toothily as her cousins introduce themselves. The family sort of tacitly overlook Cheasadh's trouble with keeping track of them. There are quite a lot of them, after all.

"You do have a lot of cousins now, sis. And what's your name, talking Thanksmas fox?"
    Last edited by Morty; 2020-11-28 at 04:37 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Deck the Halls

Solstice peers over at the tree. "You mean.. some kind of exchange of gifts, but nobody knows who is receiving their gift, and the recipient does not know either?" That sounded so weird. She sighed and shook her head.

"I suppose we could learn more together..."

For some reason, Solstice didn't seem comfortable about all of this.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

Deck the Halls

"And you don't know whose gift you're getting, either. It could be anything, and that's great, isn't it?" Mishnehel grins. And maybe they do get a chance to find out who put the present under the tree, but... Earl isn't sure about that.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

FLOOFbegone

"Yeah, I'm doing fine. I like being able to be a few things. And one of them being a dragon."
    It also made Gara really good at swimming. Grant wasn't great at it before. But as Gara or Grant, they're both good at swimming now!

"Uh, yeah. The decorations are fine. Not as pink this year without Nurse." Nurse has a theme all right.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

23. - Top - End - #143

Mags and Blanche and Anika - Enoby Darkness Dementia Thurl Ravenscroft Way

"Whoops, sorry!" Anika remarks with an awkward smile as she quickly puts down the present. "Didn't hurt you did I?" She chuckles. "Might have brought along a bit too many gifts at once." She pauses and looks around. "I mean, so far only you and Lapis even seem to be here-" That's when she notices Magtok, again.

And that's also when she realizes he isn't a golem.

He's like... half-golem?

Weird.

"Oh crap, you were talking to that dude! I didn't realize!" She gestures at the cyborg and waves. "Sorry, dude!" Then she leans closer to Blanche and whispers. "So, uh, what is he? No offense, but he kinda looks like a demon."

- - - Updated - - -

Okay that gets Lapis attention.

"You DID?" the little half drow girl squeals with delight. "I got one for you too I bet you'll love it! Hand on."

Then she just sort of.... jumps down from the rafter sand lands with a thump. Hero landing! The one with the fist on the floor!

Yeah.

That looks cool!

"I've got it in my inventory hang on," Lapis says as she reaches...

Somewhere?

And retrieves a box wrapped in colorful red and green paper! The box is pretty small. Way smaller than the gift Anika had given Blanche, that's for sure.

"Here it's for you!"

Anika also had an inventory, but it didn't made her able to pull things out of nowhere though.
    She has to put down all the gifts on the floor so she can clap her hands. "Wow, thanks so much, Lapis!" She exclaims as she holds out her own present for the exchange.

It's remarkably simple, brown paper wrapped in red string without any adornments. "Just remember that you can't open it before Winter Vei- uh, thankmas!"

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Foxy Thanksmas

The fox sighs as Cheasadh scratches her. "Ahh, yeah, that's the spot." She nods to the assembled goblins and gnome. "I'm Jade. Nice to meet you."

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #145

Lapis frowns a bit as she takes the box.

"But it's already Thanksmas?" she replies, confused as she gives the box a little shake. "Do you mean I can't open it until Nicholas' Day? Mom told me all about it! It's the 'mas' part of Thanksmas but I dunno why they call it that."

It is truly mysterious!

Where could such a name have come from!

The world may never know.

Clearly the holiday Lapis knows about is similar, but not identical too, Winterveil and Hearthswarming and all those other winter holidays.

"Are you suuuuuuure I can't just open it now?"
    Lapis asks. "I guess I can put it upstairs. Since this one is for me I don't want to put it under the tree or someone might thing it's for the gift exchange and that would be the worst."

Just terrible.

26. - Top - End - #146

Mags and Blanche and Anika - Magtok the Cyberdemon?

"Nah, I think I'm fine." Blanche briefly pretends to check herself for bruises or cuts before smiling. She blinks as she realizes Magtok has scampered off, glancing over at him with a queer look. "I mean I don't think he's that bad? But er, seriously, that's Magtok. He's a cyborg, I have to hang out with him because he's, erm... kinda dating my mom?"
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

Foxy Thanksmas

Cheasadh does quite well when she's dealing with at most five cousins. But... they're all here today, so she's having a lot of difficulty. "I do, but... it's been a year. I remember the names, but... when they're all together, I forget the faces that go with the names. Sorry you three. I'll get there, though." Cheasadh grins, not quite as toothily as Brinika does.

Cheasadh turns to the youngsters. "There's more fox than I've got hands. Come on, join in. She won't bite." Cheasadh's confident of that because she's talking, so she's covered by the Thanksmas Cheer.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

[Foxy Thanksmas]

"Don't worry, Cheasadh. You're getting there. Besides, I think some of the grownups have trouble telling us all apart sometimes and they just put on a brave face." The three little goblins crowd around Jade to administer pets elsewhere while Brinika talks. Two pet her neck and back, while Zeerva brushes her tail. "Are you a Thanksmas fox, Jade? Or just a regular talking fox who happens to have come to Thanksmas?"
    Last edited by Morty; 2020-11-29 at 05:43 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149

"Uh, is it?" Anika struggles with the concept of a holiday that lasts more than two days. All these different terms didn't exactly help either. "Isn't thankmas a weekend that you prepare for like you were doing right now?" She gestures at the ornaments that Lapis helped put up.

"But yeah, you probably should open it when your mom says you c- wait, gift exchange? What's that?" Exchanging presents? What a crazy idea.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-11-29 at 06:04 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Foxy Thanksmas

"I'm a normal talking fox. Well, for certain values of normal." Jade is quite happy to be petted a bunch. "But for tonight, I'm a Thanksmas fox. I might even take a turn on the throne if it comes open." She looks at the domineering catgirl on the chair right now. "But I think I'd have to relax the tradition of sitting in Santa's lap, since I'm smaller than almost everyone here." Jade gives a little laugh.

My Nexus characters