New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: A Very Trog's Thanksmas

[Elfmas!]

Some more people arrive! They're all elves. The trio are led by a tall, regal looking high-elf woman with long platinum-blonde hair worn half-up in an elaborate floral, with the rest spilling out down her back. She's dressed as if for a ball, in a dark blue fur-trimmed gown, with a fur-edged mantle draped over her shoulders. Despite the richness of her attire, the elven noblewoman is curiously lacking in jewelry or adornment, wearing only an intricate set of ear jewelry, and a diadem of silver vines, inset with a pale green stone to match her silvery-green eyes.

She's scarcely several steps into the tavern when the child accompanying her spots a certain pack of fuzzy Thanksmas wolves, gasping in wonder and running ahead of her.

"Puppies!"

He rushes towards the wolves to pet them, a boy appearing around seven or eight, with pale blue-grey skin, silvery-green eyes, and long platinum-blonde hair to match his mother's, though he's dressed far more simply, in a large, puffy sweater and soft trousers and boots. The third elf, a young woman also with pale blue-grey skin, grins at the spectacle, laughing as Geneviève rolls her eyes slightly. Cass is dressed rather androgynously today - in a powder blue shirt, dark trousers, and a blue and grey argyle sweater vest, cut to present a slightly more masculine frame, and hair tied back into a ponytail, though she's accentuated her style with the final addition of a delicate lace choker around her neck.

"I'll get us some drinks, Geneviève. Be right back," says Cass, still smiling as she heads straight for the bar.

"Thank you, dear," comes the off-hand reply, as Geneviève glides serenely after her ever energetic son.

-----

[Thanksmas Vigilants]

Separately, three more people arrive as a group, having shared transportation from Vigil. The first, a tall and sturdily built woman with dark skin and a long braid, is dressed rather more colorfully than her customary sober black jacket and trousers, radiant and cheerful with her hair adorned with tinsel and sprigs of holly, matching the laurel wreath of her buxom, red-headed half elf companion. Kalya and Rain are accompanied by none other than a certain devilishly handsome red-headed tiefling, who's wearing a comically garish Thanksmas sweater and somehow still managing to look dashing, despite the eyewatering nature of his attire. Now, what kind of trouble could this unlikely trio get up to?
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2020-11-30 at 12:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Throne of Power]

Oh!
    Is that what he was supposed to do?
    He wasn't supposed to put the gift under the tree and instead bring it here to the throne? He must've completely misunderstood how this works. Probably should have waited for someone else to go first and
    And at this point, it would be incredibly awkward to get back up and go bring it over here.

And, jeez.
    Her blushing is now making June self-conscious. "O-oh. Um. Good," he says, looking away.

June has a ring (pink and black) but it's definitely not a tribute.
    What does he still have, though?
    "W-well, I have a cursed nail, but..." but, wait. Cursed nails are awful tributes or gifts or whatever.
    Oh!
    "Actually."
    Sure, he had intended this for a coworker after going back to Riverside, but he could always just get something else on the way there.

June reaches into his hoodie pocket, and pulls out an...object. It's a chocolate orange that's wrapped in a really soft and fuzzy purple scarf, and tied with some ribbon.
    "I also have this, too. Here."
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Eagle View Post
    [Darker Corner]

Sensing her confusion, Zara repeats the question. "Tell Zara about Sasha! Or, since you cannot - or will not - speak, Zara will say what she's heard about you, and you can nod or shake your head? After the gift, of course!"

Zara quickly finds some festive wrapping paper with cute drawings of Santa on it, as well as some tape. She pulls out a white crystal knife from her inventory once she returns with the tools, and sets them beside the box.

"So! Zara'll teach you how to wrap a gift! If you have any problems next time, you can just ask Zara and she'll help you, okaaaay?" And then she begins! She places the box in the middle of some wrapping paper and begins to wrap the paper around the box, making sure she guides Sasha through every step. After taping it, she cuts off any extra paper and tape, ties a cute little bow around it and it's done!

"See?" She displays the finished product for Sasha to gawk at, then skips over to the tree to place it there. She also adds her own gift, a small rectangular box with green and gold gift wrapping and a white bow on it.

Upon returning, she pulls a chair along and sits on it. "So, Sasha. You and Zara should exchange stories, but first... do you eat? What do you eat?"

[Darker Corner]

As Zara manipulates the box and wraps it, a small amount of some kind of cold, wet pinkish ooze will seep out from the corner. It's probably normal and nothing to worry about. The box does indeed look very fancy once properly wrapped though, by most standards. Sasha must have some very high standards or something. She doesn't even crack a smile!

But she can answer the question about if she eats. Of course Sasha eats. A tendril will rise from the darkness holding a rusted, poorly fastened cage of some very alive, somewhat malnourished and diseased looking rats. These rats are in something of a torpor, at least at first. Wherever the darkness below the world of light goes, it seems to induce a bit of lethargy upon those held there for an extended period of time. The rats will start to come to in time with all the festive melodies and sounds, squeaking with joy. Or perhaps a desire to escape. Sasha doesn't speak rat, only eats rat.

[Throne of Power]

Raven's ears perk up, but since both Santa Ebondark and June are abashedly looking away from each other, it's unlikely to be noticed. "A... cursed nail you say?" Why on earth would anyone have one of those?

Besides, you know,

It being incredibly cool.

Raven looks back at June pulling out a chocolate orange? An admittedly cute one at that. "Oh, uh, sure. I just ate though." Raven takes it and sets it aside on a nearby table, ignoring it almost instantly. "Tell me more about this nail. Will it smite my enemies if I use it against them? What's it do? Can I see it?"

June has caught her interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Throne of Power]

Looking away is pretty unfortunate.

"Yes, um...I actually have two of them," June says.
    He reaches into his pocket again, trying to reach for something. [color=#66cc66"]"But don't touch it, okay?"[/color]
    He pulls out a rusty crucifix nail, but (safely) holds it in a way that Raven can't just happen to touch it. "It's got two curses, I found," he explains. "First is that the first time you touch it, a new copy of itself starts growing in your wrist from your blood, I think." Growing from your own blood would make sense, he thinks. It's why he has two. "Really itchy and very painful until you pull it out." And gets more and more painful the longer it's in there or the harder you pull.

And, that brings to the second part: [color=#66cc66"]"Also, as long as you're touching it, it amplifies all your senses and sensations and feelings."[/color] And he's currently holding it right now. "So, um...I guess that might count as smiting? I actually want to eventually turn one of them into an earring, because it actually seems kinda useful if I ever get used to it."

And...that's it, he supposes. Brief description.

[Food Table?]

Venus decides that just standing by the food tables is...not fun.

She wants to talk with more people, but...doesn't really know almost anyone, really. And pushing herself into groups of people who already know each other is...

She pulls her hat down again, and moves away from the food table so that she can sit down on a stool.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Deck the Halls

"I, uh, I..." Solstice stammered, struggling to find the right words. "I really do not think this whole idea of a.. communal, anonymous gift exchange is a good idea..."

She looked down rather sheepishly and focused on the decorations. What was it that bothered Solstice? She couldn't quite put her finger on it. You'd think that in theory, everything works out. In the end, one person gives a gift, and that same person receives a gift. But it seemed that any good will associated with giving a gift was lost. And so what of the exchange values themselves? What if you put something very valuable under the tree and got something of little value? What if someone decided to steal some gifts from under the tree without putting any there themselves? Then there would be fewer givers than takers.

But for whatever reason, Solstice still felt quite uncomfortable with it. She would opt to neither put anything under the tree, nor take anything.

"So this is what the Thanksmas celebration is all about? Exchanging gifts? And.. 'thanks'?" But then again, to Solstice, merely thanking someone was an acknowledgement that one was given something, one way or another, and likely now in another's debt. "Giving thanks for what?"

5. - Top - End - #155

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Walking Present]

"I'm Kronoa! I'm a dragon! Who are you?" The little dragon tries to nudge the present into the correct direction with a claw. "No, not that way, that way!"

[Walking Present]

"I am the great Mr. C" not so great in size it seems. "I'm a librarian, owner of the 'ANY-SIZE-HOTEL', currently active Halo member and, as obviouse as it is, present delivery service .....creature."

As he says all that the present will get certifates that read exactly what he said or a business card in case of the hotel. I should remember the presend is si big a dog, not a small more those wolf size, can fit into it standing. As the present is pushed into another direction it turns. It is close to the direction but still a bit off.

"You do recognize that I am mostly blind with only like 1 meter of floor i can see in front of me? I can't see 'That'"
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Floofbegon]

Lucas frowns slightly at Gara's tail of fluffy tails. "I don't think faeries really steal souls?" he replies. "Some of the nasty ones will steal your Name, though. Which I guess is just about as bad as getting your soul stolen, depending on your point of view."

What would a soul getting stolen even look like? A soul is just... you. Your ability to be a person. Would you become some creepy eldritch robot like the empyreans? He gives Zee a leery look and is met with a friendly wave because of course it is. "But if you're happy with it that's what matters, right?"

"The chocolate chips are really hot when they're straight out of the oven," Lucas says. Hadn't there been warnings about how warm the cookies were when they were brought out? He could have sworn that there were.

Ah well.

Can't do much about the past and burnt tongues.

"The decorations?" Lucas replies, glancing around at them. "They seem pretty nice. The falling snow effect they got with those... wind chime looking things? Is definitely nice. I'm noticing a lot more silver, green, and red in the decorations than last year's party."

That makes quite a bit of sense.

Last year the decorations were all extremely pink.

It felt more like a Valentines Day celebration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    FLOOFbegone

"Yeah, I'm doing fine. I like being able to be a few things. And one of them being a dragon."
    It also made Gara really good at swimming. Grant wasn't great at it before. But as Gara or Grant, they're both good at swimming now!

"Uh, yeah. The decorations are fine. Not as pink this year without Nurse." Nurse has a theme all right.

[Floofbegon]

"It is different every year depending on where it is." Mia says, still not so certain this was a good beginning. "I liked it when Thanksmas is more outside. If feels more like winter when you are out in the snow and got your hot cup to warm you up. Maybe you need more snow for that. It's still a bit to warm right now."

Spoiler
    Show
    [Food Table?]

Venus decides that just standing by the food tables is...not fun.

She wants to talk with more people, but...doesn't really know almost anyone, really. And pushing herself into groups of people who already know each other is...

She pulls her hat down again, and moves away from the food table so that she can sit down on a stool.

Food Table?

Right when Venus goes to a chair with her hat pulled down, a man will bumb into her and her hat should get knocked down by accident. The man has just arrived, holding a present in his hand which gives a ticking noise from it. He's a bit late.
    The man wears some fancy futuristic outfits his pants and jacket appear like armor of black metal with blie lines at the edges. only after a second look you notice it's just a design pattern. Sunglasses in a V form with the same color sheme appear like a mask.

As he notice the hat is droped down he stops and takes it up offering it to Venus. "Sorry" he says. "I was to fokused on the tree."
    Last edited by Zefir; 2020-11-30 at 08:26 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #156

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Mags and Blanche and Anika - Magtok the Cyberdemon?

"Nah, I think I'm fine." Blanche briefly pretends to check herself for bruises or cuts before smiling. She blinks as she realizes Magtok has scampered off, glancing over at him with a queer look. "I mean I don't think he's that bad? But er, seriously, that's Magtok. He's a cyborg, I have to hang out with him because he's, erm... kinda dating my mom?"

"Magtok." Anika repeats the name to herself. "Sounds familiar, I must have heard it at some point." She remarks as she taps her chin. "But what's a cyborg then? He honestly looks kinda human to me. Minus the metal parts of course." A pause. "But if he's dating your mom, we probably shouldn't be speaking behind his back. He's almost like your dad!"

7. - Top - End - #157
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Walking Present]

If it weren't such a big present, Kronoa could carry it herself. But even being much bigger than a little chameleon, she's not even as big as a wolf yet.
    "Oh. Well what if you put the present down? Then you could see it?"

So instead, she looks at the certificates "What's a halo member?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Location tags, in MY trog's?!]

"It is!" Lapis happily confirms. "Thanksmas is a whole SEASON that's full of holidays and I love them all!"

Every single one of them is wonderful and great and fun.

"The gift exchange is where you put a gift under the Thanksmas tree candelabra new-years ball and then when Nicholas' day comes everyone gets to pick a gift! But no one knows who's going to get their gift so its all a big surprise since the gifts aren't addressed to anyone," Lapis explains excitedly. "Like I made a gift that's just for you, but I put a gift under the tree, too, and that one could be for ANYONE so I was super extra careful to pick something that everyone would like!"

It's probably a sword, isn't it?

Lapis is convinced that everyone likes (or should like) swords.

[Floofbegon]

"I don't think I've been to one of the Thanksmas parties that was outside,"
    Lucas admits thoughtfully. "Though I had heard rumors that Plum Mountain Park was considered as a locations for this year's party. It would have had literal sugar plum faeries."

That is a terrible joke Lucas you should feel ashamed.

"It isn't quite as cold inside, though. And Trog's is pretty big I think this is a fine spot for a party."

[Wandering Salamander]

Rose excuses herself from the bar after finishing her mug of hot chocolate. She's going to give Prumathe and Sekhmet some time alone given that Sekhmet went through something of a traumatic experience and her husband probably wants to dote on her. The infernal gaiad makes her way over to the snack table, collects a few of those tasty looking cranberry and cheese pastries, and turns to admire all the happy, thankful people. The costumes at these parties are always really nice and Rose is definitely enjoying herself so far.

Hmm... what else? She had come here for a pretty specific reason, but now she's finding that the party itself is reason enough all on its own to stay. Finally being able to enjoy things again probably helps.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

[Elfmas!]

Puppies indeed. Lucien will find himself approaching a young female wolf with a bright silvery coat resembling that of the pack's stately matron, Viima. With her are two young cubs, whose fur hasn't really grown into its proper color yet and is brownish grey for now. The two pups enthusiastically trot over to the boy, reaching up with their heads to sniff him and receive pets.

Meanwhile, Wenomir looks up from where he's talking with Koshal.

"Oh, there's Cassandra. With Geneviève and... I think the youngster's name is Lucien. He'll be busy with the wolves for a while, so let's just introduce you to Cassandra."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #160

[Food Table?] Well, near it.

Venus's wool hat falls off.

It reveals two notable things: first, she has deer ears instead of human ears. Second, in her red hair (that she had stuffed under the hat) she has two separate flowers: it has chains of yellow fluffy ball-shaped groups of flowers, and white 5-petaled flowers (and...a couple of those venus flytrap leaves).

"O-oh. Um." Embarrassed about it, Venus raises one of her hands to cover some of it (while pretending she's just brushing her hair back) and holds her other hand out to grab the hat. "It's okay. Thanks."

She tries to quickly put the hat back on to cover it all up, but it's pretty hard considering the flowers and her ears; it was really hard to smoosh her ears under there in a way that was comfortable.

"So...um...hi," Venus says as she still works with putting the hat on and stuffing hair up in it. "Nice to meet you. You come here often?"

Realizing that might be a dumb question, she quickly adds - "I-I mean, um, Happy Thanksmas."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

FLOOFbegone

Gara shakes her head.
    "I haven't been to the other ones, either." she twiddles her thumbs a bit and takes another swig of her conjured milkshake.
    "But sugar-plums aren't really regular plums, even if those would be from faeries."
    Gosh Lucas, don't you know things like what sugar-plums are?
    Because Gara doesn't actually she just knows that they're not regular plums with sugar on them.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

[Elfmas!]

Lucien pets the wolves with much enthusiasm, laughing when the wolves sniff him. Geneviève hovers nearby, watching cautiously.

Meanwhile, at the bar, as Cass waits for their drinks, she takes a quick glance around the tavern and, spotting Wenomir, waves at him cheerfully.
    "Hi."
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2020-12-01 at 01:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

"Magtok." Anika repeats the name to herself. "Sounds familiar, I must have heard it at some point." She remarks as she taps her chin. "But what's a cyborg then? He honestly looks kinda human to me. Minus the metal parts of course." A pause. "But if he's dating your mom, we probably shouldn't be speaking behind his back. He's almost like your dad!"
    Magtok was willing to put up with overhearing a lot of nonsense and trash, so long as he successfully got away from Anika and Blanche. It's that last line that has him turning around and marching back up to the loathsome elf, though. Scowling and steaming, he narrows his eyes as he strides back over and glares right at her stupid elfy face.

"I am nothing like Blanche's dad," he insists. If looks could kill, that nasty scowl sent Anika's way would probably be roughly equivalent to an orbital bombardment.

"And I'm also not a demon," he insists after a brief pause, without half as much venom. The demon bit isn't the important part, after all; it's the not-Reinholdt thing we need to stress above all else. Demons are people too, probably, I guess? I don't know, Magtok doesn't mess around with them. I don't think he's even spoken to one since he left AMEN, and that was aaaaaaages ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [Throne of Power]

Looking away is pretty unfortunate.

"Yes, um...I actually have two of them," June says.
    He reaches into his pocket again, trying to reach for something. [color=#66cc66"]"But don't touch it, okay?"[/color]
    He pulls out a rusty crucifix nail, but (safely) holds it in a way that Raven can't just happen to touch it. "It's got two curses, I found," he explains. "First is that the first time you touch it, a new copy of itself starts growing in your wrist from your blood, I think." Growing from your own blood would make sense, he thinks. It's why he has two. "Really itchy and very painful until you pull it out." And gets more and more painful the longer it's in there or the harder you pull.

And, that brings to the second part: [color=#66cc66"]"Also, as long as you're touching it, it amplifies all your senses and sensations and feelings."[/color] And he's currently holding it right now. "So, um...I guess that might count as smiting? I actually want to eventually turn one of them into an earring, because it actually seems kinda useful if I ever get used to it."

And...that's it, he supposes. Brief description.

[Throne of Power]

"Oof, sounds terrible!" Raven exclaims, not sounding horrified at all. "I want that instead. You can have the chocolate scarf thing back." She's already thinking of all the different people she could send this to! Like... her boss Malice! Or GLoG just to start that whole adversary thing going. Beating up on innocent children is the best way to prove she has evil cred. Oh! Or maybe she should just send this back home to her mom and dad.

Wouldn't be the first time she sent her parents a gift.

"Because your tribute will be remembered well in my golden age. What is your name child of Raven Ebondark?" Metaphorical child. Of her empire.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #165

[Throne of Power]

June is starting to get the feeling that maybe this isn't how the Thanksmas Throne is supposed to go, but...then again, it is his first time here, and who is he to question local tradition?

"Yeah, it is pretty awful." He laughs. Well, he didn't really mind it when it was cursing him. Actually, it saved his life. "Okay, sure." Giving a cursed nail that he has two of is a lot easier than giving a present that was meant for someone else.
    He'll take the scarf back when he gets up.

June opens his palm so that Raven can take the nail in whichever way she wants, if she wants to actually touch it or find some other way to grab it without touching it. And if she grabs it and touches it, then she'd have two.

"My name's June," he replies. There is, actually, a smile on his face because this conversation was pretty fun.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-12-01 at 01:30 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

[Elfmas!]

The two wolves hop around and rub their heads into Lucien's hands, then prance away as if inviting him to chase them. Their mother walks up to Geneviève and looks at her with bright eyes. There's definitely some seasonal magic on those wolves to make them so friendly, but even so they're acting very tame. They must be trained in some special way.

Wenomir approaches Cass with long strides. He seems in an unusually cheerful mood.

"Cassandra! Good to see you here. I wanted to introduce you to my student, Koshal." He puts his hand on the minotaur's shoulder. It's a long way up.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

17. - Top - End - #167

"It is!" Lapis happily confirms. "Thanksmas is a whole SEASON that's full of holidays and I love them all!"

Every single one of them is wonderful and great and fun.

"The gift exchange is where you put a gift under the Thanksmas tree candelabra new-years ball and then when Nicholas' day comes everyone gets to pick a gift! But no one knows who's going to get their gift so its all a big surprise since the gifts aren't addressed to anyone," Lapis explains excitedly. "Like I made a gift that's just for you, but I put a gift under the tree, too, and that one could be for ANYONE so I was super extra careful to pick something that everyone would like!"

It's probably a sword, isn't it?

Lapis is convinced that everyone likes (or should like) swords.

Nicholas, eh? So that's the guy at the center of all this.
    "Huh, I guess I could put one of my presents under that..." Anika declares thoughtfully as she looks in the thankmas... thing.
    That was one weird tree. In fact, she's pretty sure whoever made it would be arrested for tree-torture back home. The ancients were pretty sensitive about that sort of stuff.

Then a thought occurs to her. "...that tree isn't one of your siblings trying to sneak a peek at the presents, is it?" She inquires while gesturing at the thankmas mass of stitched together holiday ornaments.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

Foxy Thanksmas

"At least we're quite easy to tell apart for them, I guess." Cheasadh's the one that isn't biologically a goblin, Brinika's the one closest to the one who isn't biologically a goblin.

Then back to stroking the fluffy mammal. "Maybe you can sit in their lap instead, and get stroked by them. Better strokers get better presents." That seems like a good idea, right?

Deck the Halls

"I'm sure the organisers know who gives what, so leaving something really unpleasant as a gift would get back to you. It's not as risky as it might seem, honest!" And then Solstice asks about the thanks. "I... don't know. I think it's thanks for not dying and having enough food and water to survive another year. I'm not sure who they're thanking, either. Santa, maybe?" He's associated with Thanksmas, right? And giving things. Maybe it's thanking him for the presents?
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

19. - Top - End - #169

Spoiler: Walking Present
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    If it weren't such a big present, Kronoa could carry it herself. But even being much bigger than a little chameleon, she's not even as big as a wolf yet.
    "Oh. Well what if you put the present down? Then you could see it?"

So instead, she looks at the certificates "What's a halo member?"

"If I do, I don't think i get it back on." He says.
    "HALO is an organisation that does good stuff by beating up the bad guys. I'm not the beating up type but I help them know how to beat them up."

Spoiler: Floofbegon
    Show
    [Floofbegon]

"I don't think I've been to one of the Thanksmas parties that was outside,"
    Lucas admits thoughtfully. "Though I had heard rumors that Plum Mountain Park was considered as a locations for this year's party. It would have had literal sugar plum faeries."

That is a terrible joke Lucas you should feel ashamed.

"It isn't quite as cold inside, though. And Trog's is pretty big I think this is a fine spot for a party."
    FLOOFbegone

Gara shakes her head.
    "I haven't been to the other ones, either." she twiddles her thumbs a bit and takes another swig of her conjured milkshake.
    "But sugar-plums aren't really regular plums, even if those would be from faeries."
    Gosh Lucas, don't you know things like what sugar-plums are?
    Because Gara doesn't actually she just knows that they're not regular plums with sugar on them.

Mia just looks a bit confused. She has no ide what the Plum Mountain Park is and so doesn't her player.
    "It's strange but I liked the outside one. It's a different feeling if you are in the cold and warm your body with a hot drink while the cookies cool down faster."

Oh yeah the cookies. She only started the talk because one was to hot. she sure keeps an eye on them. There are so many people with black holes instead of a stormatch. So she eyes the cookies especially when some movement happens there.

Spoiler: Food Table?
    Show
    [Food Table?] Well, near it.

Venus's wool hat falls off.

It reveals two notable things: first, she has deer ears instead of human ears. Second, in her red hair (that she had stuffed under the hat) she has two separate flowers: it has chains of yellow fluffy ball-shaped groups of flowers, and white 5-petaled flowers (and...a couple of those venus flytrap leaves).

"O-oh. Um." Embarrassed about it, Venus raises one of her hands to cover some of it (while pretending she's just brushing her hair back) and holds her other hand out to grab the hat. "It's okay. Thanks."

She tries to quickly put the hat back on to cover it all up, but it's pretty hard considering the flowers and her ears; it was really hard to smoosh her ears under there in a way that was comfortable.

"So...um...hi," Venus says as she still works with putting the hat on and stuffing hair up in it. "Nice to meet you. You come here often?"

Realizing that might be a dumb question, she quickly adds - "I-I mean, um, Happy Thanksmas."

The man appears less bothered by all that, thought he rais an eyebrow when he notice the Venus flytrap leaves. Not really something he knows people put into thie hair. But either way he shrugs it off.

"Happy Thanksmas. I used to be a regular, but some circumstances prevent me from getting here. I'm not even sure how long I can stay. How about you? here for the festival by yourself or just waiting for someone?"
    Last edited by Zefir; 2020-12-02 at 04:18 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

[Throne of Power]

"Oh. Ummm..." Normally Raven would have one of her servants take it from June but she didn't bring any with her today in order to 'blend in'. Yes, yes, slumming it was beneath her, but the lights were very shiny! She had to check the place out.

With a brief look around, she snatches up the closest boxed present, opens it and discards the TurboMan action figure inside. Ah-hah! A perfectly serviceable box, which honestly is better than whatever was inside anyways. She holds the box for June to put the nail in before closing the lid. Perfect.

"My name is Raven Ebondark! You may call me Raven Ebondark!" She'd pose dramatically, but June was still embarrassingly on her lap. It made reaching for that box actually pretty awkward. "I also accept Dark Mistress or Empress of the Night or Black Heart Queen or Scourge of the Nine- no, uh Ten- no- Remaining Realms!"

She swings her legs back and forth. "But June's a nice name," Raven says with a smile.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

[Elfmas!]

Koshal is still in his teens so he's only starting to push past the height of an adult human. He's definitely broken that, though.
    "Oh, hello again, Miss. I didn't know you knew Master Wenomir. How's the tower?" he says cheerily with a smile to Cass. Last he saw her was years ago. He got that cool magic sheathe for his sword and she asked to keep the tower. Seemed pretty fine to him. Gotta let magic people have towers. That's what they're made for. He wonders if the guy who trained his uncle has a tower. Krayger said he had a vow of secrecy, which makes sense but spoils the fun.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Deck the Halls

Solstice merely shrugs at the explanation. Mishnehel didn't seem to know much about Thanksmas either!

"Well, perhaps an introduction is in order. I have met you before and I believe I know your name. As for me, you may call me Solstice."

How much more tinsel was there?

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

People arrive!
    [...]
    In addition, G'nichi arrives looking for his friends Kara and Navvy. He brought presents for the children. Navvy might as well be his brother at this point. And Kara well, he owes her a lot. A lot. Oh, are they talking to other friends already? He can wait a little bit. Maybe check in with Zee again while he's there.
    Time got a little fuzzy for Karaglen up in the rafter.
    One minute she's draping her newest design all over the place, then she hears someone calling out to her and...things skip forward a bit? Probably just dead time.
    Looks like Lapis wisely moved on anyway.

If G'nichi is paying attention, he'll see Kara drop down to the floor in the back, in her half-drow girl form. Her intention here is to sneak to another box of supplies she left near the bar, but she is easily intercepted if he would like.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

24. - Top - End - #174

[Throne of Power]

June puts it in the box. Yeah, if you don't want to touch it then that's for the best. "There!" Good.

He laughs. "Okay. Dark Mistress." He tries that out. Then, he adds, "Raven's pretty good, too."

So.
    Um...
    Now that a gift exchange has happened, he's not sure if he's supposed to sit here still. So he just sits on her lap awkwardly, shifting a little.
    "So...um...is that it? Is there anything else? Sorry, this is actually the first time that I've celebrated Thanksmas. Don't really know all the traditions."

[Food Table?] But actually near-ish to it

Venus is now tucking her ears into the hat. It's pretty hard to get it right.
    "Personally, this is only my second time in Trog's," she says. "Usually over in that Black Dragon's Den more, actually."

Almost got it...
    nearly there..
    There! Her hat's on pretty perfectly again. So, she answers the question: "No, I'm just here by myself."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-12-02 at 11:31 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #175

NinjaGuy

[Elfmas!]

Cass and Wenomir might note a familiar face seated at one end of the bar, though it might take them a moment. Electra stares pointedly into her drink, seemingly oblivious to the goings on around her. Her head is nodded forwards slightly, her bangs somewhat covering her eyes, and she's wearing her long hair down, where it mostly covers her auditory sensors. She's wearing a blue oriental-style dress that seems to shimmer when the light hits it; along the edges of some of the seams, it's trimmed in gold, though it's probably hard to see from the back, given how long her golden mane has gotten. She doesn't seem to have picked up on either the Elves' entrance, nor Wenomir's greeting to Cass just yet, but then, she's not exactly facing the door, either. Being seemingly lost in her own head isn't doing much for her situational awareness, either.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

[Throne of Power]

Raven sets aside the box for now, keeping it close.

Before shrugging at June, a light blush on her cheeks at the compliment. "Sure, I guess. I mean, I received your tribute and you got the gift of pleasing me. Sounds like joyousness has been achieved! Tradition accomplished." Nothing else to it really.

Except perhaps for that sack next to Raven's chair. She's been ignoring it, but if June were to ask for some kind of gift, she would have no choice but to go into it and give June a Thanksmas present. Those are the holiday rules.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #177

[Throne of Power]

"Okay. Well..."
    Since that's it, there's no more reason to sit, then, right?
    "Um. Thanks," June says.

He then stands so someone else can have their turn. "Nice talking to you." And he remembers to pick back up the scarf-and-chocolate, too.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

28. - Top - End - #178

That sure is the guy at the center of all of this!

But there doesn't seem to be anyone here named Nicholas right now.

Not even someone named Nick!

Maybe he just likes showing up fashionably late?

Lapis, meanwhile, looks over at the Thanksmas tree followed by a funny look at Anika.

"No that's just the Thanksmas tree Anika, that would be weird," she says. "I'm the best at being a tree but you could tell if I was being a tree."

The child understands that her tree impression is passable at best.

Only dumb birds mistake her for a normal tree.

[Floofbegon]

"I can understand that. A warm drink is better when it's cold," Lucas agrees. Then looks quizzically at Gara. "Wait, they aren't? I thought they were just like... sugar covered plums or something?"

"NOPE!" announces Zee, who's just sort of there all of a sudden holding a bowl. "Here you go! Sugar plums! I might not be a faerie but I male them myself each year! The white ones are plum, the red ones are strawberry, and the green ones are apricot! They're dried, spiced fruit with a candy shell. Sort of like M&Ms, just with fruit instead of chocolate!"

She jiggles the bowl at the various people milling about, offering them some candies.

29. - Top - End - #179

"It just looks pretty weird that's all." Anika remarks as she gives the tree a last glance before turning back to Lapis. "But if your siblings aren't a tree, why don't you tell me a bit about them? I don't even know their names yet."

30. - Top - End - #180

"Okay! Umm..." Lapis quickly looks around the room and points at the the half drow girl and the wyrmling up in the rafters. "That's Eao and Navanaxinermis." Then over at the half-drow girl heading up the stairs for more ornaments. "That's Karaglen."

Hmm. Who else?

Oh!

She points at two half drow boys currently scurrying in from outside for more spiced logs to put on the fireplace. That really helps give the tavern that wonderful Thanksmas smell!

"That's Sardus and that's Peridot! They had jobs a lot like mine but mom made them here Inside instead of up at VIGIL."

The boys set the logs down near the fireplace and toss one of them in.

"Hey Sardus mom made you to help keep gross pod people away Inside, right?" Lapis calls out to her sibling. "What do you do instead since they all got blown up?"

Sardus perks up at the question. "Oh, um... Mostly I just help Peridot hunt down mean faeries that hurt people. There a LOTS of them though, they're awful."

"Oh I did that before! It was at this scary forest that used to be a place people lived but a REALLY bad faerie turned it into a creepy bad forest," Lapis recounts from her first and as yet only official VIGIL mission.