New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: A Very Trog's Thanksmas

Santa Throne

"Yeah, we can be your little elf helpers. Elves are traditional." The latter is addressed at Brinika and the cousins, in case they protest they aren't elves. She doesn't expect Brinika to, but the little ones might. "My elf name is... Uh, Twinkleberry." Cheasadh's not going to regret that at all, with random cousins calling her Twinkleberry when she least expects it.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    ((Was this easier than a reminder? ))
    ((Yeah, was on my phone on the move, so had pretty spotty connection and was worried that I hadn't included enough info for you to respond to))

Oh! A healing elixer! That's...
    Well, useful if he ever runs into someone else who needs healing, since after a little experimentation, June has discovered that he can heal himself so long as he eats enough.
    Healing other people is pretty important, though.

"Oh! Um. You can't have chocolate?" he asks, with a little alarm in his voice. He reaches out to take back the chocolate orange if that's okay with Spike. "Sorry, I'm still not really used to picking out others' dietary requirements yet. Still keep the scarf, though."

He thinks: besides the other cursed nail, he doesn't really have much else to give and he kinda wants to keep that and that. He rubs his hand along the back of his head. "Is there anything I could do to make up for that? I'm pretty handy at a bunch of things."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Foxy Thanksmas

"Thanks, that's very nice of you. It's hard to get things with paws. I appreciate the help." Jade looks down at the sack of presents. "While you're here, do any of you want something for Thanksmas?"
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [SWORDGIRL ULTIMATE THANKSMAS SHOWDOWN]

"Hi Cora you came to the party I'm so glad! Do you like the decorations I helped put them up and I love them!" Lapis replies gleefully, bouncing on her heels. "I was just telling Anika about how Thanksmas works since she's got something else where she comes from."

Something about a jolly dwarf that gives out weapons? Lapis could really get behind a cool sword for Thanksmas.

"Hey! When I was playing with the Frescots the other day Laela was saying how you can melt snowballs with your breath and that we should have a snowball melting contest," Lapis reports before glancing back toward Cessie and Bastion. "I heard your brother can't breath fire only sand so I guess maybe he could just watch?"

From Lapis' tone it is clear that she has great sympathy for Bastion's misfortune at getting a really lame breath weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

Cessie let's out a small sigh as Cora just runs off but doesn't attempt to stop her. She was here to have fun after all so she wouldn't interfere too much today.

Anika raises her hand to greet the Mithar as she runs over. "Yo, Cora. I got a present for your family that you can take with you later." The druid remarks as she gestures with her thumb at the pile of presents that she left on the floor when she handed over Lapis's gift.
    She'd remark that Wenomir was also here but she knew that the warrior was quite preoccupied at the moment.

"Hi Anika!" The girl greets as well. Everyone's at this party, huh? "Yeah the decorations are nice." Cora's not one to appreciate the fine details, but it's definitely very Thanksmas-y. "Really, you breathe fire too? Mommy says I can't do it without permission, though." She frowns. Some nonsense about 'danger'.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Elfmas!]

The two wolves hop around and rub their heads into Lucien's hands, then prance away as if inviting him to chase them. Their mother walks up to Geneviève and looks at her with bright eyes. There's definitely some seasonal magic on those wolves to make them so friendly, but even so they're acting very tame. They must be trained in some special way.

Wenomir approaches Cass with long strides. He seems in an unusually cheerful mood.

"Cassandra! Good to see you here. I wanted to introduce you to my student, Koshal." He puts his hand on the minotaur's shoulder. It's a long way up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Elfmas!]

Koshal is still in his teens so he's only starting to push past the height of an adult human. He's definitely broken that, though.
    "Oh, hello again, Miss. I didn't know you knew Master Wenomir. How's the tower?" he says cheerily with a smile to Cass. Last he saw her was years ago. He got that cool magic sheathe for his sword and she asked to keep the tower. Seemed pretty fine to him. Gotta let magic people have towers. That's what they're made for. He wonders if the guy who trained his uncle has a tower. Krayger said he had a vow of secrecy, which makes sense but spoils the fun.
    [Elfmas!]

"Tower's fine," says Cass, giving Koshal a wry smile. "You can barely tell that it used to be full of creepy bug experiments."

She does notice Electra, and almost waves her over, before noticing that she seems to be in her own little world at the moment. Oh. Well, Cass will just have to go pester her later, when she's not talking with these two and not supposed to be bringing wine and a cocoa to Geneviève and Lucien.

"Yeah, we know each other. Unfortunately." She says, giving Wenomir a cheeky wink. Seems like she's also in a good mood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

6. - Top - End - #216

[Present Walking]

As long as the present arrives in time for the gift exchange, it'll be fine.
    "Well, if they didn't want to get bitten they shouldn't have been bad!"
    Unassailable logic, the little dragon thinks.
    [Present Walking]

Mr C would shake his head if that wouldn't change his direction.
    "Biting is not the ultimate answer against bad guys. It's...... complicated. Let's just say the world has more then bad and good and many things depend on the viewpoint. You are a young one, right? Are your parents here as well? Who are they?"
    The present continues walking. It's so slow a young dragon might not be able to wait much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Food Table?]

Well,
    looks like you'll have to knock her hat off again if you want to help her.

Or maybe they'll get lucky and someone else will knock it off as they walk by.

Venus nods: "Yeah! I only started working there a couple months ago," she says. And, on a related note, "And, yeah, it's my first time. I mean, I've celebrated similar holidays but it's usually warmer out."
    She glances out towards the windows and doors of the place. "Honestly, not really used to it getting so cold out." And yet, she's not wearing any shoes. "Snow's really cool, though. Fun to make snowmen."
    [Food Table?]

That would be a bad idea, to knock it down himself. At the end the Venus traps start biting him.

"That sounds like you come from seom kind of tropical Area." he comments with a hint of confusion. "Were I am from things were kinda simular. Near the end of the year it get's colder and darker while we wait for 'Chrismas'. Snow was a regular thing back there. It even stayed for a few months. I'm more the
    ice-skating guy. I don't like it when my fingers got numb when i build a snowmen.

He is aware that there are gloves to protect the fingers, but most of them aren't winterproof or like the usual ones he wears they don't cover the fingers.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #217
    Barbarian in the Playground

Everyone COOL is at this party. Probably a few not as cool people, too, but they can be forgiven since this party is great.

Lapis is doing her best not to vibrate with excitement here since she's really glad her friends have come! She really doesn't come to Trog's often so getting to be around her mom is a double-treat and she loves it.

"Yeah! I think so? It's something kind of like fire it's hot and bright," Lapis replies before looking over at Zee. "Mom I breath fire, right?"

"You breath plasma, Lapis. It lights up because it's ionized. Fire glows because of blackbody radiation. They're different things," Zee replies with some words.

"It's basically fire," Lapis concludes. "I thought we could roll up some snowballs out on the deck-"

She points toward the open door that leads to Trog's outdoor dining area. Currently it's covered in completely undisturbed snow and looks like a winter wonderland.

"-and then see who can melt them the fastest! It would be really fun and I guess you just have to ask your mom if it's okay?"

Surely Cessie would allow her daughter to have some completely harmless fun melting snowballs with fire breath. Nothing dangerous there at all.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

8. - Top - End - #218

[Food Table?]

"Well, I've lived in the tropics," Venus says, and adds, "but I don't really see what that has to do with anything."

And, don't worry. So long as he's not an insect the flytraps probably won't hurt him.

But!
    "Ice skating! I love ice skating. I once went on a date ice skating. It was really fun, but sadly I kept on leaving my date behind."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

[Foxy Thanksmas Throne]

The three smaller goblins pipe up immediately.

"Yeah! I want a book!"

"And I want blocks, to build stuff with."

"I want a big, cute plush animal."

Brinika's ears twitch.

"I guess we can get something once we're done helping. And my elf name will be... Jollyhop. Elves are supposed to be jolly, I think. If Natharia was here, we could have a real elf. Though I'm not sure if she is one."

[Elfmas!]

Wenomir looks between Cassandra and Koshal slowly, blinking. He did not expect that and he's not someone who recovers quickly from surprise.

"Wait a moment... you were the nice wizard lady who helped him with that alchemist in the tower," he says, slowly, then erupts into laughter. "By the Riddle. I had no idea. I was just proud of Koshal for handling himself so well. And I didn't make any connection when I saw your tower. I just thought... sorcerers live in towers, don't they?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Orc in the Playground

Foxy Thanksmas Throne

"I'm not sure I want one. I'll think about it as we go. Nothing can beat last year's." Pretty sure Cheasadh didn't get a specific present from Santa last year, either.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

FLOOFbegone

Gara nods to Zee. "Yeah, we are. Thanks a bunch."
    What a nice host.
    "So uh, is there anything you came here to do?" she asks her company.

Elfmas

"Oh, that's good. I bet you redecorated it real nice." Koshal says. Cass seems like a classy person with good taste in home decor.
    Maybe.
    I mean a tower isn't as nice as a castle. But you make due.
    "Huh, I guess I never told you anything specific. Sorry 'bout that, Master." Koshal says, though with a grin of his own. Faye materializes out of his shadow again, as she has been left unpet for a whole thirty minutes at this point.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

[Elfmas]

"Nice wizard lady?" Cass asks, clearly amused. "Never been described like that before. Sure, I'll accept it."

She's not feeling very ladylike right now, but that little detail can be omitted for the sake of convenience. Unfortunately, what's not convenient is that the drinks Cass ordered have arrived, and have been sitting there long enough that she's starting to feel vaguely guilty for not bringing them over as asked.

"Well, I have some drinks to deliver, to my baby brother and... Geneviève, so I'll have to be right back. Unless you want to come along and introduce yourselves?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

13. - Top - End - #223

Mags and Blanche and Anika - Magtok is NOT a Doom Boss...But He Could Pass For A Metal Gear One

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Mags and Blanche and Anika - Magtok is NOT a Doom Boss

”Er, a cyborg is someone who’s replaced parts of their body with machinery, either-“ Blanche trails off as Magtok stalks back over to the two. Her gaze turns steely and she steps protectively in front of Anika. ”You know what she meant.”
    Mags and Blanche and Anika - Magtok is NOT a Doom Boss

Anika don't even manage to hear Blanche's explanation as her attention is immediately grabbed by Magtok. She blinks, not having expecting the guy to either having overheard or coming marching in like this. His one metal-eye looked so weird this close-up. Though this situations one of those times when Anika actually remembered the manners her parents had drilled into her skull so long ago. "Er, sorry, sir. I didn't mean any offense. It's just... uh." The druid gestures at Blanche. "What she said."
    "Fine," Magtok relents, backing off without much fuss. "You two have fun, I'm going to go disappear and do...something." He hasn't decided what he's going to do, exactly, but it's probably not going to be anywhere near this cat and her repulsive elf girlfriend. Blugh, an elf and the spawn of Reinholdt together, what a match made in hell. All of the worst things in one pairing.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

14. - Top - End - #224

[SWORDGIRL ULTIMATE THANKSMAS SHOWDOWN==> Rain at Thankmas?]

"Yeah, you should probably be outside for all that snow melting." Anika agrees as it seemed a lot more practical. Besides, mages were always thrown out when they summoned fire in the taverns were she was form so she assumed it was the same here.

"Buuuut, I gotta hand out some more gifts so I'll just have to check in on the contest later, 'kay? I'm sure your siblings would love to act audience though." She gestures as the zeeblings and then at Bastion and Jillian.

"So catch you later, kids!" The druid exclaims before she snatches up one of the gifts from her pile and makes her way towards Rain, smiling widely.

Her present pile is left unattended though so if either of the kids wants to sneak a peek they could do so. But they're probably more interested in the contest.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

[Elfmas]

Wenomir reaches down to pet Faye without thinking about it for too long. She's a good dog that deserves pets, after all.

"You had no way of knowing you met someone so important to me, Koshal," he says. "The Nexus likes such coincidences, I suppose. I think we'll wait here... no use making a crowd. But I would like to meet your brother eventually."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Zaabi

"Aww, thank you Zara!" Abi takes the gift and waits for Zara to open her own present before following suit.

Inside, it's not a knife. The package is far too small to be a knife. It's two things- a loyalty card worth three free ice-creams at the parlour Abi works. A charm bracelet with four small charms on it- a silver skull that gives a slight boost to the wearer's healing and ability to fight off disease and poison, a black enamel bat that sharpens the wearer's hearing slightly, a gold heart that doesn't do anything, and an aluminium dice that prevents the whole bracelet from showing up on mundane security devices, such as metal detectors. "I hope you like the bracelet. Some of the charms are magic, quite weak I'm afraid but I couldn't afford something really expensive."
    [Zaabi]

Zara opens the package hurriedly and grins when she sees the contents. Abi could've gotten her some coal, and she'd react much the same way, though her eyes wouldn't shine so bright with gratefulness. She stores the loyalty card in her inventory, and quickly wears the bracelet on her other arm, holding it up to the light so she can see the charms glisten in the light. "Thank you so much, Abi!" She squeals, hugging Abi tightly. "Zara'll treasure it always. She can even sense the power these hold, however small... thank you."

"It's Abi's turn!" She gestures for her to open her box, watching with expectant glee. Inside contains two things: a wallet and a hand-made embroidered handkerchief. There's a third thing, which Zara thrusts at her: a ziploc bag containing homemade cookies in the shape of hearts. "You like?"

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Darker Corner]

Sasha tilts her head ever so slightly. Poorly locked? She fails to see how. This cage was supremely secure! Roughly the same as the cages dad uses. And those test subjects never run away! They also sometimes stop living, but a lot of things do that.

Besides, if they get away, she'd just catch them again. Test subjects or rats. It was exceptionally easy.

Oh. Zara wants to guess what's in the box? That does seem to be a part of the ritual. Well sometimes. Other times whomever it is insists they don't guess! These are very conflicting ideals and Sasha has yet to grasp which occasion calls for which gift giving procedural standard. Thanksmas must be the former. So Zara is receiving Sasha's gift? Is that how Thanksmas tree gift exchanges work?

Well... Sasha hopes Zara likes it.

Regardless the shadow monster will hesitate, then shake her head no.
    [Darker Corner]

Zara notices the head-tilt and nods, still smiling ever so widely. "Zara'll get you a better cage for you to keep them, then, so that they'll never escape." There's a way she says the word 'never', such that one would be fully justified to expect an evil cackle afterwards! "The cage Zara wishes to get you will hold even more rats, too! What's not to like?"

Regarding the box, however: the lanky teen girl hums at the box as she examines it. It's not meat, rat or anything of the sort, so what could it be? She decides to just come out straight and state why she's doing this. "Hmm... Zara saw something leak out of the box, it was pink and gooey, so Zara thought she'd ask just what was in the box. Zara wants to make sure the gift is good, and in good condition for whosoever recieves it later." She studies the box a little longer. "Sooo... Zara will open it now, okay? We can always rewrap it later!" It's also an opportunity for Sasha to again watch someone wrap a gift!

Then? She unwraps the box slowly, trying to ensure that at least parts of it are reusable, then opens the box. She'll go through with it unless Sasha stops her.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Present Walking]

Mr C would shake his head if that wouldn't change his direction.
    "Biting is not the ultimate answer against bad guys. It's...... complicated. Let's just say the world has more then bad and good and many things depend on the viewpoint. You are a young one, right? Are your parents here as well? Who are they?"
    The present continues walking. It's so slow a young dragon might not be able to wait much longer.
    "Well, okay. Yeah, I'm gonna be four. I'm here with-"
    Cleo, the woman in the santa outfit with another little dragon on her shoulder, walks over from by the tree. Although perhaps all one can see from under the present would be the high-heeled shoes. And the fact that poinsettia flowers are blooming all around her.
    "Kronoa dear, are you bothering Mr. C?"
    "No, I'm helping!" The little dragon insists.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

Zaabi

Abi grins and hugs Zara back, squeezing a little as she's squeezed in turn.

Abi opens her present and gasps, taking the handkerchief out and admiring it. It's put in her pocket, and the wallet will join it. "They're awesome, I love it. Thankyou, Zara. I'll transfer my stuff across to the purse when I get home. Ooh, biscuits. Did you bake them yourself?" Abi's going to open the bag and eat one of the biscuits.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

[Darker Corner]

Sasha likes her cage just fine, it being one of the four things she owns. But you never turn down a gift! She thinks that's the etiquette. She's not really sure. She doesn't much understand gifts, even if she is imitating them with one of her own.

Zara is opening her gift! But not... because it's hers? But to make sure it's good? Sasha knows it's good, so this seems wholly unnecessary. She wouldn't give a bad gift! That'd be mean. Oh wait, unless it's supposed to be? Apparently bad gifts are good, but you have to call them gag gifts?

This is all very confusing, and now getting a little frustrating. She might just skip the whole tradition next year. It seemed arbitrary to begin with.

Inside the box, Zara will find strawberry ice cream! It's partially melted and well on its way to becoming fully melted and definitely not in the original container designed to actually hold said ice cream. Ice cream is great so makes a perfect gift, even if it is cold and cold food is kinda awful, but ice cream is still good despite that. Or so Sasha thinks anyways. Once you learn not to eat the spoon (a tricky concept!).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

20. - Top - End - #230

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Food Table?]

"Well, I've lived in the tropics," Venus says, and adds, "but I don't really see what that has to do with anything."

And, don't worry. So long as he's not an insect the flytraps probably won't hurt him.

But!
    "Ice skating! I love ice skating. I once went on a date ice skating. It was really fun, but sadly I kept on leaving my date behind."
    [Food Table?]

"Tropical regions have less or no snow. It's just to warm." he says.
    Then he looks at her judging. she doesn't look like the Ice skating person. It must be hard with those feet. Then again he learned the hard way that looks don't matter. Especially if you can't proove it. Maybe she got normal skating at her childhood or other things so simular it's easy to adapt to ice.

"I don't think you would have that problem with me." he says. "I'm a regular on ice. Only the professional can run away from me."
    [FLOOFbegone]

It is definitely candy.

Not only is it candy, it is HOME MADE candy filled with affection and care.

Zee might not be a pony or a keebler elf, she might not have any literal magic to add to her snacks and treats and entrees, but what she DOES have?

Is genuine love for everyone she serves at Trog's tavern.

And that's something that can't be replaced by any amount of magic.

Lucas likewise tries a candy out, his expression brightening. "Wow these are actually really good."

Now he's got to sample all three flavors.

It is worth noting that the sugar plums really aren't that sweet compared to most candies. They're just spiced, dried fruit in a thing shell of hard candy. If someone REALLY wanted sweet there's also that tray of chocolate covered fruit pate nearby busy looking delicious.

"So! Are you kids having fun this year?" Zee asks, smiling wide at our heroes. It's pretty clear she's enjoying herself at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    FLOOFbegone

Gara nods to Zee. "Yeah, we are. Thanks a bunch."
    What a nice host.
    "So uh, is there anything you came here to do?" she asks her company.
    [FLOOFbegone]

"I'm fine." Mia just says. She doesn't seem to be bothered by adressed to as a kid. After all she isn't looking much like a typical adults and nowhere near most of the other woman around.

"There was a kid named Lapis from Vigil. She said she would come here and sing with other children and I wanted to listen to that. I didn't saw her yet."

"Well, okay. Yeah, I'm gonna be four. I'm here with-"
    Cleo, the woman in the santa outfit with another little dragon on her shoulder, walks over from by the tree. Although perhaps all one can see from under the present would be the high-heeled shoes. And the fact that poinsettia flowers are blooming all around her.
    "Kronoa dear, are you bothering Mr. C?"
    "No, I'm helping!" The little dragon insists.
    [Present STILL walking]

I think i heared the name Cleo somewhere, but I don't know if I met her anytime before. And not sure how much Mr. C knows about her. It's a bit odd that she knows who is under the box, but after al she could just have been close to hear them. Also with the flowers it should be hard to see anything behind it. But C is a professional.

"He's right, he is helping." Mr. C replies. " My vision is blocked by this present and he helped me find the way. I just hope i will reach things in time."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

21. - Top - End - #231

Mags and Blanche and Anika - NanoMagchines, Son

Blanche seems a little surprised to see Magtok deescalate so quickly, and it takes her a second to respond, her tension relaxing. "Fine, just... I'd appreciate it if you showed my friends the same respect I'd show yours."
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Everyone COOL is at this party. Probably a few not as cool people, too, but they can be forgiven since this party is great.

Lapis is doing her best not to vibrate with excitement here since she's really glad her friends have come! She really doesn't come to Trog's often so getting to be around her mom is a double-treat and she loves it.

"Yeah! I think so? It's something kind of like fire it's hot and bright," Lapis replies before looking over at Zee. "Mom I breath fire, right?"

"You breath plasma, Lapis. It lights up because it's ionized. Fire glows because of blackbody radiation. They're different things," Zee replies with some words.

"It's basically fire," Lapis concludes. "I thought we could roll up some snowballs out on the deck-"

She points toward the open door that leads to Trog's outdoor dining area. Currently it's covered in completely undisturbed snow and looks like a winter wonderland.

"-and then see who can melt them the fastest! It would be really fun and I guess you just have to ask your mom if it's okay?"

Surely Cessie would allow her daughter to have some completely harmless fun melting snowballs with fire breath. Nothing dangerous there at all.
    [SWORDGIRL ULTIMATE THANKSMAS SHOWDOWN==> Rain at Thankmas?]

"Yeah, you should probably be outside for all that snow melting." Anika agrees as it seemed a lot more practical. Besides, mages were always thrown out when they summoned fire in the taverns were she was form so she assumed it was the same here.

"Buuuut, I gotta hand out some more gifts so I'll just have to check in on the contest later, 'kay? I'm sure your siblings would love to act audience though." She gestures as the zeeblings and then at Bastion and Jillian.

"So catch you later, kids!" The druid exclaims before she snatches up one of the gifts from her pile and makes her way towards Rain, smiling widely.

Her present pile is left unattended though so if either of the kids wants to sneak a peek they could do so. But they're probably more interested in the contest.

"Thanks, Anika!" Cora calls after the elf. Before anything she goes over the the present pile and retrieves the one with her name on it. Present in hand she replies to Lapis. "Um, yeah that's a good idea! Mommy said I should stay in here, so we better ask." Surely Cessie will be okay with it. It's totally reasonable.

The girl leads the way over to the rest of her family. "Can me and Lapis go outside to play in the snow?" She asks, looking up at her mom with pleading eyes.

23. - Top - End - #233

Lapis watches the gift pile curiously for a few moments. Anika sure did bring a lot of them!

Should she have gotten gifts for more people?

The only problem is she wasn't sure who was coming to the party and it would be terrible if a gift was wasted because no one showed up!

Hmm... maybe she could at least figure out some kind of gift for Cora?

...but what?

For now she's just going to make do with smiling up at Commander Cessie and going, "Pleeeeease?"

Hopefully that's enough to sway her.

[Floofbegon]

Zee doesn't answer Gara's question.

Because that would be kind of silly, you know? She's hosting the party she didn't come here for any specific purpose. Not like she has some sort of ulterior motive to hosting the party at Trog's.

"Oh, uh, actually I was just hoping to meet someone here," Lucas replies, flushing slightly. He doesn't mention who he was hoping to meet. That might be kind of embarrassing. "Wait, they're going to have a choir? That sounds pretty cute."

He glances over at Zee for confirmation, who flashes a mischievous smile. "It's a suuuuuurprise."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

24. - Top - End - #234

[Santa's Throne]

That first little dragon, with the black scales and red eyes, pops up, putting her claws on the edge of the throne.
    "Hey, hey Santa, is it my turn for a present? Is it?"

[Present STILL walking]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    I think i heared the name Cleo somewhere, but I don't know if I met her anytime before. And not sure how much Mr. C knows about her. It's a bit odd that she knows who is under the box, but after al she could just have been close to hear them. Also with the flowers it should be hard to see anything behind it. But C is a professional.

"He's right, he is helping." Mr. C replies. " My vision is blocked by this present and he helped me find the way. I just hope i will reach things in time."
    Cleo is these little dragon's parent, a powerful magic-user in disguise as her old human self. She's done some work to cure people of demon corruption, but these days is mostly offscreen looking after the family and inscrutable wizardly concerns.
    "Oh, very good Kronoa." The little dragon chirps happily; she did it!
    "But if you don't mind, I could deliver that present for you much faster." If Mr. C agrees, she'll just reach down, pick up the present, and set it under the tree, humming a little tune all the while.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #235

Cessie turns as her daughter and Lapis approaches.
    Play in the snow? She gives them a suspicious look. Well, she could hardly decline that request but she couldn't leave the girls without supervision either. "Alright, but you will have to stay near the entrance and Garn will keep an eye on you, understood?"

Garn is already pre-staring at the two girls so it looks like he's ready to go at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Mags and Blanche and Anika - Magtok is NOT a Doom Boss...But He Could Pass For A Metal Gear One

"Fine," Magtok relents, backing off without much fuss. "You two have fun, I'm going to go disappear and do...something." He hasn't decided what he's going to do, exactly, but it's probably not going to be anywhere near this cat and her repulsive elf girlfriend. Blugh, an elf and the spawn of Reinholdt together, what a match made in hell. All of the worst things in one pairing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post

Blanche seems a little surprised to see Magtok deescalate so quickly, and it takes her a second to respond, her tension relaxing. "Fine, just... I'd appreciate it if you showed my friends the same respect I'd show yours."

Anika is left scratching her head as Magtok backs off so quickly. He sounded really angry before just... deflating.
    "Uh, so what was that about?" Anika whispers even more quietly than before once Magtok has left. She wanted to make sure he didn't hear her this time.

26. - Top - End - #236

[Food Table?]

"Yes, I know they don't have snow," Venus says. "I like it better warm, though. Not really a fan of the cold."
    And just because she's barefoot doesn't mean she doesn't know how to ice skate. She makes sure to put on figure skates when she goes ice skating.

Although,
    if she's not really a fan of the cold, why is she barefoot?
    Maybe she's just weird.

"Well, if you leave me behind then it's still practically the same thing, right?" Venus asks. "You wouldn't leave me behind, would you?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Santa Throne

First the young goblins are given their gifts, hopefully with efficiency. A book about different types of canines for the one, a bunch of colorful blocks for another, and a fuzzy stuffed fox for the third. These gifts seem to have a decidedly foxlike bent to them, don't they?

Then, a new challenger approaches!

The fox seated on the throne pops her head over at the little dragon. "Of course it is! Hop on up and tell me what you want for Thanksmas!" She looks to her two "elves" to make sure they're ready to pull whatever is requested out of the magic sack with their handy opposable thumbs.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #238
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler: posts
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Zaabi

Abi grins and hugs Zara back, squeezing a little as she's squeezed in turn.

Abi opens her present and gasps, taking the handkerchief out and admiring it. It's put in her pocket, and the wallet will join it. "They're awesome, I love it. Thankyou, Zara. I'll transfer my stuff across to the purse when I get home. Ooh, biscuits. Did you bake them yourself?" Abi's going to open the bag and eat one of the biscuits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Darker Corner]

Sasha likes her cage just fine, it being one of the four things she owns. But you never turn down a gift! She thinks that's the etiquette. She's not really sure. She doesn't much understand gifts, even if she is imitating them with one of her own.

Zara is opening her gift! But not... because it's hers? But to make sure it's good? Sasha knows it's good, so this seems wholly unnecessary. She wouldn't give a bad gift! That'd be mean. Oh wait, unless it's supposed to be? Apparently bad gifts are good, but you have to call them gag gifts?

This is all very confusing, and now getting a little frustrating. She might just skip the whole tradition next year. It seemed arbitrary to begin with.

Inside the box, Zara will find strawberry ice cream! It's partially melted and well on its way to becoming fully melted and definitely not in the original container designed to actually hold said ice cream. Ice cream is great so makes a perfect gift, even if it is cold and cold food is kinda awful, but ice cream is still good despite that. Or so Sasha thinks anyways. Once you learn not to eat the spoon (a tricky concept!).

[Zaabi]

"Zara's glad you like it!" She squees, and hugs her girlfriend again, letting go soon but still holding her hand. "The cookies, Zara helped! She was going to get you some ice cream made in the orphanage, but Zara had to give it out." She glances towards where she met Sasha, and takes one of the cookies. "Zara brought cookies so we could share. She was out giving it to people, she didn't have time to taste one for herself!" Which explains why there's enough for two people inside the pack.

"How's Isobel, and Bryan, and the twins? Zara misses them!" She starts walking around, hand-in-hand with Abi, while they share the cookies. "We told Mrs Langley about you, about how you know about us... Zara and me..." She changes in personality as she says 'and me', but is back to good ol' Zara almost immediately after. "... you know what she said? 'You have a special one willing to overlook that in favour of your best parts, treasure her.' And Zara said we will, so! We're happy you're with us! Up to Thanksmas, too! A milestone! Zara hopes she can introduce you to her home soon!"

[Darker Corner]

Irrespective of Sasha's decision, Zara's decided she'd get a new one for Sasha already!

She opens the gift calmly and peers inside to see what's in it. Just melted ice cream? Phew! Better than she was expecting, for sure! "Ice cream? That's good, Sasha! Zara thought it was brains, raw meat or rat. Neither of those would have been good gifts, but strawberry ice cream is a step in the right direction! However... you have to keep ice cream in a suitable container before you wrap it, such as the one it came in!"

Luckily, Zara came prepared! She produces a container of tri-flavour ice cream: vanilla, strawberry and chocolate, the classics! "A container like this will do! Zara can give you this, to give as a gift! Just take it as Zara giving you, and you giving it out on Zara's behalf!" If Sasha approves, then she'll begin the process of wrapping the newly-presented ice-cream as a gift, using the same technique she displayed earlier, but much faster.

"Zara heard about your fathar, and your reaction when people mention him as being bad. She understands, it's sad when people insist that those who cared for you are bad somehow because of how you turned out, right Sasha?" She says it in a way that indicates that she's heard such things from those in GLoG, regarding her herself.

Cheasadh especially. Very annoying, going on and on about how her father was bad for making her the way she is. How sad, the girl didn't realize they were from different worlds. Of course, she acted like she was giving those words some thought, rather than throwing them in the trash where they belong.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

Santa Throne

Cheasadh looks slightly nervous at the dragon, but isn't worried for long. The last dragon she met was fluffy, and pink, and introduced her to the Goddess of Hope, so... Maybe dragons aren't as scary as she used to think. She makes a mental note to apologise to Zebes, next time she sees him. And maybe see if he likes getting stroked like a fox.

Zaabi

"That's fine, these are better than ice cream. I work with ice cream at the weekend, so... This is better." Not something she has to spend time around at work. "They're good, thank you. Looking forward to the holiday, but not able to come here. The twins have a school party, and Mum and Bryan have a date of their own. I didn't ask for details, I'd... rather not think too much about it." Abi smiles and swoops in to another hug. "I'd love to come visit. How long do you stay in Inside for, when you're here? So I know how long I should stay with you." Maybe they can swap, so Zara comes to Inside and then Abi goes to Raptor Island for the same length of time and then back to Inside again.

30. - Top - End - #240

Santa Throne
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    First the young goblins are given their gifts, hopefully with efficiency. A book about different types of canines for the one, a bunch of colorful blocks for another, and a fuzzy stuffed fox for the third. These gifts seem to have a decidedly foxlike bent to them, don't they?

Then, a new challenger approaches!

The fox seated on the throne pops her head over at the little dragon. "Of course it is! Hop on up and tell me what you want for Thanksmas!" She looks to her two "elves" to make sure they're ready to pull whatever is requested out of the magic sack with their handy opposable thumbs.
    Oh, is it a challenge? Does the winner get to be Santa?
    Ayako can definitely out-santa this fox! At least, she'd think so if anyone asked her. As it is, she just hops up onto the throne
    "Um...umm...I want a magic wand!"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine